Night 2

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Re: Night 2

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 17:01:02

Ryvvn wrote:Yeah, I'd expect a response of, "We would remove any Klingons, were any actually on him."

Or alternatively, they move the one Klingon off and then the other four pile on afterwards. :P
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 09 Oct 2013, 17:12:45

Okaros wrote:
Omega: I know quoting between forums is forbidden, but may I draft the Senator's posts here for the team to see/comment on and then copy/paste them into the Council thread?

That's fine.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 17:14:44

Prepping the anon post:
Anonymous wrote:[Scrambled Log Entry; Stardate Unknown]
....someone, or something, has hacked my log entries...how can I warn them when I can't even trust my own words now...if this hasn't been corrupted as well, beware the silent ones....
[entry ends]

Opinions?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 17:15:58

Thanks Omega.

Perhaps a more devious statement by the Senator is in order:

"The Romulan Empire would never so foolish as to stoop to working with Klingon jackals. We shall deal with these... sociopaths? No. Terrorists. We shall deal with these terrorists ourselves. If none of you step forward to claim either Ryvvn or rekard as your own agents we will simply eliminate whoever is left after the Q-being does whatever it is he does tonight."

We will, of course, do no such thing. :lol:

Augie, did you get anything from your interrogations last night?

And that anon post looks okay so far, Ryvvn. Seems mostly fluff/content-less to me.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 09 Oct 2013, 17:28:06

I'm getting an itchy trigger finger. When do I get to do the pew-pew?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 17:31:21

Okaros wrote:And that anon post looks okay so far, Ryvvn. Seems mostly fluff/content-less to me.

I'm not really sure I can counter-act the illegitimacy now tainting the anonymous posts thanks to that earlier one; I'd either have to push harder with what it says, which would throw one of my mutual non-aggressors under the bus, or I just throw the whole thing into disarray. Either that or I leave whoever the other is to take on the "scrambled log" role and maybe do something like this:
Anonymous wrote:On behalf of the Order of the Council: all agents wishing to avoid war with the other races, will want to highly reconsider their votes on any agents currently drawing attention.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 17:32:00

Mister E. Meat wrote:I'm getting an itchy trigger finger. When do I get to do the pew-pew?

I'd say just shoot Ozy, but last game GM and all....

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 17:34:37

Mister E. Meat wrote:I'm getting an itchy trigger finger. When do I get to do the pew-pew?

dferr maybe, since we know he's a Federation agent?

Or hell, maybe we could actually follow through on the Senator's threat if I wind up making it. Maybe rekard with a conditional on dferr?

And yeah, I dislike killing Ozy atm due to his previous GM status. Plus, he's not exactly steering the public discussion as usual so he's not neccessarily a threat yet (although that may indicate he's a sociopath...)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 17:35:40

Ryvvn wrote:
Anonymous wrote:On behalf of the Order of the Council: all agents wishing to avoid war with the other races, will want to highly reconsider their votes on any agents currently drawing attention.

Oh, I *like* that. Very amusing, and it might actually make people think twice.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 17:42:08

Okaros wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:

Oh, I *like* that. Very amusing, and it might actually make people think twice.

Okay, I was writing up another option where I outright ask Hellheart and Visigoth (mutual non-aggressors) to switch their votes without outing myself, but I'd rather still keep this other power under wraps, so I'll go with the Council thing.

edit: I think I'll just change the word agents to representatives... or delegates, maybe?
Last edited by Ryvvn on 09 Oct 2013, 17:45:07, edited 1 time in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 17:44:42

Ryvvn wrote:edit: I think I'll just change the word agents to representatives

Yeah, that fits better. Also, you have a stray comma after "other races".

Any thoughts on which approach the Senator should take the with the Council?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 17:51:06

Okaros wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:edit: I think I'll just change the word agents to representatives

Yeah, that fits better. Also, you have a stray comma after "other races".
Any thoughts on which approach the Senator should take the with the Council?

I added the option of delegates there as well, not sure which sounds more "official"

I thought you had just decided on the antagonistic approach, sorry; I'd say it's fine, but I'm not good at looking ahead to what such a stance might put you in later. If you are to do it, you should do it soon and I'll delay my anon post a bit.
Last edited by Ryvvn on 10 Oct 2013, 08:24:20, edited 1 time in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 17:54:27

I think I like the "We'll vig whoever isn't claimed" part, but I may soften the confrontational angle slightly.

Go ahead with your anon post while I ponder.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 18:02:21

Okaros wrote:Go ahead with your anon post while I ponder.

Ah, damn, I have to delay it now to distance it from myself, especially with me saying I was going out for the night (which will likely be true if I get the text I'm waiting on)

edit: I'm going to put it in with a 18:30 PDT (half hour from now) request, so it shows up 2.5 hours before EOD.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 18:06:52

Ryvvn wrote:
Okaros wrote:Go ahead with your anon post while I ponder.

Ah, damn, I have to delay it now to distance it from myself, especially with me saying I was going out for the night (which will likely be true if I get the text I'm waiting on)

Blargh. And here I am having second thoughts about the vig threat, since I worry about it being too forceful (and having to backpedal if/when it doesn't materialize). I think the original "Seered after receiving non-aggression invite" approach may work better longer-term.

Revisiting the original proposal:
"Since Ryvvn's masters will not speak up for themselves, I will share that our spies confirmed his employment last night after receiving laughable offers from him for some kind of non-aggression pact. We offer this information up without naming his allegiance since it amuses us to think they might... how do the humans put it? 'Owe us one'?"
Last edited by Okaros on 09 Oct 2013, 18:12:26, edited 1 time in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 18:12:24

Okaros wrote:Blargh. And here I am having second thoughts about the vig threat, since I worry about it being too forceful (and having to backpedal if/when it doesn't materialize). I think the original "Seered after receiving non-aggression invite" approach may work better longer-term.

Any concerns my anon post may be attributed to you?
(also, if you didn't see my edit, I put it in with an 18:30 PDT request)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 18:14:15

Ryvvn wrote:
Okaros wrote:Blargh. And here I am having second thoughts about the vig threat, since I worry about it being too forceful (and having to backpedal if/when it doesn't materialize). I think the original "Seered after receiving non-aggression invite" approach may work better longer-term.

Any concerns my anon post may be attributed to you?
(also, if you didn't see my edit, I put it in with a 18:30 PDT request)

No, not worried about it. Worst case, the anonymous message(s) get attributed to the Romulans which isn't a big deal so far.

Edit: Also, I'm going to wait until after the message goes out anyway. Waiting until closer to EOD makes the declaration work better since I'm theoretically waiting for Ryvvn's owners to claim him themselves.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 18:19:37

Okaros wrote:No, not worried about it. Worst case, the anonymous message(s) get attributed to the Romulans which isn't a big deal so far.

Oh, right, duh. Well, I'll leave it up to you if it's better for the council post to come before or after the anon post.

edit: gotcha

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 18:20:13

Ryvvn wrote:
Okaros wrote:No, not worried about it. Worst case, the anonymous message(s) get attributed to the Romulans which isn't a big deal so far.

Oh, right, duh. Well, I'll leave it up to you if it's better for the council post to come before or after the anon post.

See my edit, heh. :)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 18:20:58

Okaros wrote:See my edit, heh. :)

I see your edit, and raise you mine :eyebrow:

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 18:29:59

Doesn't look like Omega's picked up my PM yet, so I guess it'll just come whenever he gets it.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 18:45:15

Ryvvn wrote:Doesn't look like Omega's picked up my PM yet, so I guess it'll just come whenever he gets it.

Current plan is to make my council post somewhere between 60-90 minutes before EOD.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 18:51:42

MEM, as far as a target for you goes I think it's pretty much up to you. In a team game like this with no special goals (so far) pretty much any non-Romulan you shoot will be beneficial to us.

I *would* suggest putting one or more conditionals on your kill though, I suspect there's a bunch of potential shenanigans in play.

Edit:
Still 4 votes unaccounted for, including DOM's. Despite current appearances, there's still a decent chance that I can snipe-save Ryvvn by swinging my vote off of him.

No vote recorded (4) : DastardlyOldMan, Ozymandias, sphenodont, twdog

Speaking of, Ryvvn, if you're still around any thoughts on switching to Wasabi? Would move you from 7 v 4 to 7 v 5.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 19:00:11

Okaros wrote:Speaking of, Ryvvn, if you're still around any thoughts on switching to Wasabi? Would move you from 7 v 4 to 7 v 5.

I've considered that, but at this point, I'm worried about exposing myself when I said I'd be out and that anon post will (hopefully) come soon....

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 19:01:03

Ryvvn wrote:
Okaros wrote:Speaking of, Ryvvn, if you're still around any thoughts on switching to Wasabi? Would move you from 7 v 4 to 7 v 5.

I've considered that, but at this point, I'm worried about exposing myself when I said I'd be out and that anon post will (hopefully) come soon....

Will you be able to snipe it if neccessary?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 19:02:39

Okaros wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:
Will you be able to snipe it if neccessary?

Yeah, still haven't gotten the text to go out yet, so don't know if I am or not; and even if I do, I'll be able to check from my phone.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 19:03:56

Also, MEM, if I survive the lynch vote tonight, I'd suggest keeping your shot off any of my non-aggression acceptors (which right now only include Hellheart, Visigoth, and dferr) in the event we extend non-aggressions to include teammates

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 09 Oct 2013, 19:11:54

FYI - I am around a bit (been distracted most of the day here). I'll aim for Wasabi at this point, but it's going to be a tough sell a 7/4/4 right now. Since Ryvvn and Okaros can move, I think that's the best bet (AVS probably won't move his vote, once it's cast, but I forget if he follows that as strictly in team games).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 19:17:01

DastardlyOldMan wrote:FYI - I am around a bit (been distracted most of the day here). I'll aim for Wasabi at this point, but it's going to be a tough sell a 7/4/4 right now. Since Ryvvn and Okaros can move, I think that's the best bet (AVS probably won't move his vote, once it's cast, but I forget if he follows that as strictly in team games).

Yeah. I expect we'll see a couple of snipers tonight, so things may be... Interesting.

Now that the anonymous post has gone out, I'll be curious to see if there's any reaction from the other council members.

Edit: I do also worry about leaking *too* much information this early. I'm loathe to lose Ryvvn, but he's catching a serious pile of attention from folks today. If there's 3 (or 4) of us stamping our names on Wasabi all in a row in order save Ryvvn I'm concerned that it will be too revealing as we head later into the game.

Anybody have thoughts here? I don't have a lot of experience with team-based variants like this, so I don't have that great a barometer for what's safe vs. unsafe information leakage-wise at this point.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 19:27:22

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a vote from spheno or twdog tonight, either because they seem to be MIA or they have roles that keeping them obfuscated. It's also possible, even though it wasn't stated, that Ozy may not be able to vote today.

If the anon post doesn't cause any movement, hopefully Okaros' council post will at least pull a few votes off of me; otherwise, I'll be prepared to switch near EOD.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 19:29:14

Ryvvn wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a vote from spheno or twdog tonight, either because they seem to be MIA or they have roles that keeping them obfuscated. It's also possible, even though it wasn't stated, that Ozy may not be able to vote today.

If the anon post doesn't cause any movement, hopefully Okaros' council post will at least pull a few votes off of me; otherwise, I'll be prepared to switch near EOD.

If nothing changes, I think I'll make the Council post at 60 minutes prior to EOD (i.e. 30 minutes from now). That feels about "right" for a third-party intervention.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 19:30:04

Okaros wrote:I do also worry about leaking *too* much information this early. I'm loathe to lose Ryvvn, but he's catching a serious pile of attention from folks today. If there's 3 (or 4) of us stamping our names on Wasabi all in a row in order save Ryvvn I'm concerned that it will be too revealing as we head later into the game.

I think the worst is that it ties us to members of a same race, sociopaths wouldn't save each other; plus, we'd be pretty distanced from DOM if we both snipe.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 19:32:49

Looks like Ozy doesn't have to vote? He's not in the "Yet to vote" list in the post Omega made.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 19:33:02

Omega did not list Ozy as "to vote" so clearly he cannot

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 19:34:09

Okaros wrote:Looks like Ozy doesn't have to vote? He's not in the "Yet to vote" list in the post Omega made.

Ryvvn wrote:Omega did not list Ozy as "to vote" so clearly he cannot

I swear losing me will be like cutting one head off a two-headed giant :lol:

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 19:35:39

Ryvvn wrote:I swear losing me will be like cutting one head off a two-headed giant :lol:

They say that great minds think alike.

And, apparently, so do ours.

Edit: Going away for 15 or so, will back to make the Council post.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 20:00:49

Revised version about to go out:

"Since Ryvvn's masters will not speak up for themselves, I will share that our spies confirmed his employment last night after we received a laughable offer from him for some kind of non-aggression pact. We choose not to identify his allegiance at this time since it amuses us to think they might... how do the humans put it? 'Owe us one'? His alliance may open private negotiations with my office should they wish to repay this debt or demonstrate their willingness to put something more than mere words into this "pact" of theirs."

Edit: And posted. Lets see what happens.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 20:32:30

Okaros, I guess it's time we start discussing our remaining option: are we agreed on the double-snipe?
I can have mine prepared with a brief explanation of last minute self-defense and you can have one prepared with a brief statement saying your chancellor has instructed you to move your vote, if that sounds reasonable enough to you.

I don't know if our two other attempts, the anon post and the council post, were just too weak or if it's the late EOD time that's sort of strangling much late-night action/response.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 20:34:26

fuck, never mind, stigmata just put us even out of tie reach

edit: I'm just gonna switch my vote to Wasabi now out of hobbled self-defense

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 20:36:23

Ryvvn wrote:Okaros, I guess it's time we start discussing our remaining option: are we agreed on the double-snipe?
I can have mine prepared with a brief explanation of last minute self-defense and you can have one prepared with a brief statement saying your chancellor has instructed you to move your vote, if that sounds reasonable enough to you.

I don't know if our two other attempts, the anon post and the council post, were just too weak or if it's the late EOD time that's sort of strangling much late-night action/response.

With things as they currently stand, the snipe is worthless. 8 v 4 means the best we can do is have you move to make 8 v 5 and then I move to make 7 v 6. We basically need one or more people to stop voting for you in order to get back into viable territory. So unless the Klingons deliver or something else random happens, I think you're buried, which sucks since the only thing you did was those relatively tame non-aggression pacts. :(

Edit: And of course when you die your allegiance will be revealed, but so what. Having chosen not to go the threatening route the revelation is a mild embarassment in the Council thread, not any great revelation.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 20:39:01

Okaros, when I die I'll be revealed as Romulan anyway, you may want to make a last ditch effort to just claim me in the council and I'll claim Romulan in the day thread

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 20:46:04

Ryvvn wrote:Okaros, when I die I'll be revealed as Romulan anyway, you may want to make a last ditch effort to just claim me in the council and I'll claim Romulan in the day thread

If I get any kind of response in the Council thread I'll consider trying it, but right now there hasn't been any activity at all. You can try the reveal in the day thread, but I'm not sure it'll get you anything. I think people are targeting you because of your PMs, not because you might be a sociopath.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 20:49:36

Okaros wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Okaros, when I die I'll be revealed as Romulan anyway, you may want to make a last ditch effort to just claim me in the council and I'll claim Romulan in the day thread

If I get any kind of response in the Council thread I'll consider trying it, but right now there hasn't been any activity at all. You can try the reveal in the day thread, but I'm not sure it'll get you anything. I think people are targeting you because of your PMs, not because you might be a sociopath.

Eh, won't get me anything without you backing me in the council; if the Klingons were to remove at all, they would need to see that claim, otherwise it's just me flailing :flail:

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 20:50:42

Ryvvn wrote:
Okaros wrote:

Eh, won't get me anything without you backing me in the council; if the Klingons were to remove at all, they would need to see that claim, otherwise it's just me flailing :flail:

Backing it up now. The Federation president just posted nonsense.

Edit: What I posted:
"Well, this is awkward. It seems Ryvvn lacks proper operational security and is announcing his allegiance to the world. Pitiful. However, we feel we should at least acknowledge that he does, in fact, belong to us. If for no other reason than to discipline him ourselves rather than let that "Q" entity do whatever it is to him."

Edit2: Prepping a snipe, just in case, but I won't use it unless there's reason to think it will actually save you.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 20:55:22

Yeah, I'm expecting to be done for; it's a shame in just that I would have liked to last a little longer this game, hopefully next one.... best of luck guys!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 20:57:02

Ryvvn wrote:Yeah, I'm expecting to be done for; it's a shame in just that I would have liked to last a little longer this game, hopefully next one.... best of luck guys!

We'll try our best. Losing your PM ability is really frustrating, and I'm a little disappointed in the other factions apparently killing you for it. PMs are such a great source of potential information even on the one-way receiving end. :(

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 20:57:51

MEM, you killing anyone?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 20:59:31

Okaros, snipe to tie??

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 09 Oct 2013, 21:00:20

Ryvvn wrote:Okaros, snipe to tie??

Crap, I may have been a second too late.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 09 Oct 2013, 21:02:33

2 seconds... nice try, hope that doesn't bite you in the ass

Return to “Romulus”