DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Night 3

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 10 Oct 2013, 11:17:49

OK - as far as I know, if Griffypoo has a faction, that faction will be silenced today. Okaros - might be something to keep an ear open for in Council discussion.

In general, I think I'd prefer to give away information rather than lose someone; in the team game, it can be better to give away or trade a little information in exchange for life. Do we think Admetus is potentially a Klingon, since he voted to help Ryvvn?

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Mister E. Meat » 10 Oct 2013, 12:32:59

I'm not sure who is who yet. I'm tempted to call attention to the late vote switches onto Wasabi so that if I'm identified as Romulan, those who late voted won't be and if the late voters are identified as Romulans, I won't be.

Thoughts?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 10 Oct 2013, 12:43:36

Mister E. Meat wrote:I'm not sure who is who yet. I'm tempted to call attention to the late vote switches onto Wasabi so that if I'm identified as Romulan, those who late voted won't be and if the late voters are identified as Romulans, I won't be.

Thoughts?

I'm not at the point yet where I'm ready to do any analysis on who's who based on voting (partially, because we've only had us & non-affiliated deaths), but overall, I'm less worried about people finding out who we are - more interested in the powers and such. Once we have more results from spy efforts (AVS, are you targeting people - I'm not catching the results if you are), then we can do some digging around that arena.

But yeah, you could push some suggestion forward that Admetus, myself, Okaros, etc., are Romulans trying to save their pal - it won't be anything shocking to anyone.

Haven't you killed anyone yet? Sheesh :D

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 10 Oct 2013, 13:33:20

DastardlyOldMan wrote:OK - as far as I know, if Griffypoo has a faction, that faction will be silenced today. Okaros - might be something to keep an ear open for in Council discussion.

In general, I think I'd prefer to give away information rather than lose someone; in the team game, it can be better to give away or trade a little information in exchange for life. Do we think Admetus is potentially a Klingon, since he voted to help Ryvvn?

Admetus-as-Klingon is a distinct possibility and seems semi-likely given the timing. I also wonder if he isn't also the current puppetmaster behind the Klingon Chancellor, given that he's the only one that moved.

The Senator is catching the expected flack in the Council for lying. Also, we have a choice (or possibly two choices) to make at the Council, which I'll write up when I get home in a couple of hours. Short version: On Day 4, it looks like we will either have a) secret lynch voting and no night-time powers or b) whoever gets lynched on Day 4 fights the El-Adrel IV life form. If they win, they pick someone to die in their place. If they lose, they die and then a second person also dies (how that person is chosen is unclear/unspecified).

Council has to vote on those options, uncertain whether it's a yes/no on each one or one-or-the-other (I suspect one-or-the-other).

Finally, no word on my spies yet. I've pinged Omega about it.

Now back to insanity at the office.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 10 Oct 2013, 13:55:33

The report on my first night interrogation is complete and on file in the central data bank. It leads to some disturbing possibilities. If one of ours is in another camp, likely one of theirs is among us. I would defer to our Tal-Shirar representative how to best proceed with this breech in our intelligence network. The Empire cannot abide spies, at least ones that dont belong to us. I would expect if we have a spy among us, they might be kind enough to tie us into whatever team they represent so as to make a secure pact with them. It is more expedient and useful to both our nations than arranging a termination. Romulus can be a lovely home for expatriates of other worlds.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 10 Oct 2013, 14:09:28

Anyone opposed to me interrogating Admetus, or do we assume he is klingon?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 10 Oct 2013, 14:35:11

Augenvonsauron wrote:The report on my first night interrogation is complete and on file in the central data bank. It leads to some disturbing possibilities. If one of ours is in another camp, likely one of theirs is among us. I would defer to our Tal-Shirar representative how to best proceed with this breech in our intelligence network. The Empire cannot abide spies, at least ones that dont belong to us. I would expect if we have a spy among us, they might be kind enough to tie us into whatever team they represent so as to make a secure pact with them. It is more expedient and useful to both our nations than arranging a termination. Romulus can be a lovely home for expatriates of other worlds.

An excellent but terminally flawed report my dear. You see, that report contains nothing but lies.

Oh, don't worry. Your report was true, as far as you knew. Your only real fault was in not realizing the data crystal Ozymandias left lying around for you to discover was a clever forgery.

Last night, one of my spies watched a similarly-inept bungler for one of the other factions fall for exactly the same trick. That fool did manage to catch part of Ozymandias' fictitious persona that you overlooked and reported back to his masters that there was a passive defensive power in addition to the active offensive one.

It's unfortunate that you didn't catch this yourself. Do better with your next target and perhaps I'll consider *not* having you transferred to the Public Relations Department on Ferrenginar when this is over.

((To clarify, Augie: You interrogated Ozy on Night 1 and got results back today, two days later? Or did you skip Night 1 and interrogate him last night?))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 10 Oct 2013, 14:42:49

Augenvonsauron wrote:Anyone opposed to me interrogating Admetus, or do we assume he is klingon?

Go with someone else, I think. We can assume Admetus is a Klingon for the moment and revisit later if we need to. Maybe one of the quieter players that's less likely to be seered and thus less likely to show up via my power? (although on the other hand, it's helpful confirmation when your results and mine collide, as we saw with Ozy. Hrrm.)

So annoyed that we lost Ryvvn now. We could easily threaten/blackmail/bargain Ozy via PM into an alliance at this point, since I think he's probably a Sociopath with a disguise power. We could say we're willing to claim him as one of our own in exchange for a temporary alliance.

I'm planning to hold my vote today and then (most likely) vote for Ozy. If he doesn't die, it may lend weight to the notion that I'm not actually a Romulan with whoever's spy that was last night. If he does and he's a sociopath, I'll get some credit for helping lynch a sociopath.

Edit: Almost done with work, better details on the council stuff in a little while.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 10 Oct 2013, 15:12:07

I shall endeavor to have my agents double their persuasive abuse of patients. It does take them some time to acquire the confessions. I get the results a day later. That damnable federation captain had me tied up in his cabin last night and I failed to pick someone to interrogate. As I climb up the Federation ranks, I find my evenings... Occupied, thus I want to make a selection of patients early. Also I did see Ozy had a defensive power, but chose to retain that information if indeed we are over run with spies. Interesting tidbit, he was yet to use his active powers.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 10 Oct 2013, 15:41:30

So... Mortus or Visigoth? Who gets to spend a lovely day in seclusion being beaten by Romulan interrogators?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 10 Oct 2013, 15:44:17

Augenvonsauron wrote:Also I did see Ozy had a defensive power, but chose to retain that information if indeed we are over run with spies.

Well perhaps there's hope for you yet then.

More on Ozy:

Ultimately, I think having Ozy alive might be better than Ozy dead, since we know his secret (or part of it, anyway). The fact that Ozy's results were the same two nights running means it's highly unlikely to be the result of someone with a power to swap targets for a day/night. Instead I suspect some form of mimicry power, almost certainly personal to Ozy, where he chooses someone and assumes their identity (*cough*Changeling*cough*). It would make an *excellent* Sociopath power, but would be of only limited use for someone on a team. The other decently-probable possibility that I can think of is a teammate using a disguise power like that on Ozy repeatedly due to Ozy's high chances of being seered, but picking the same disguise twice in a row is curious in that situation (and I'd expect a teammate-driven power of that nature to more likely be a night power, which would trigger our team power, whereas a persistent Changeling-disguise type of thing would likely be considered a Day Power).

The unused-active-power fits with the idea of his disguise actively copying someone's identity.

Judging from his metaphorical comments in the Day thread, Ozy's been silenced somehow (either a lie, something PM-related, or implying he's on the same team as Griffy? Nothing in the Council thread about locked team communication yet), and just invited Wasabi into a non-aggression pact of some kind.

Targeting thoughts:
Augie: Visigoth sounds better. I think Mortus has a higher probability of randomly eating the lynch.

MEM: What about Wasabi? Keeping Ozy friendless seems like a decent idea. Maybe rekard as a conditional backup?

DOM: How about hitting dferrantino->Admetus? It would silence the Federation, and their President is being uppity in the council. Probable-Klingon as a backup just in case. :twisted:

Some expanded details on the Council vote:

Council members vote, a tie gets decided by coinflip. Assuming there's a maul, it will still work if we go the no-night-powers route.

Personally, I don't think I care much either way. If we blow someone up tonight we don't really have to worry about Night 4 powers being blocked, and multiple lynches are more likely to hit the other teams now that we're down one. I can also reveal Ozy as a sociopath if he's still alive and we feel the need to make him fight the beast.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 10 Oct 2013, 16:02:44

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to target anyone else; I'm every-other-day.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 10 Oct 2013, 16:41:28

Visigoth is slated to go under my needles tonight.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 10 Oct 2013, 17:43:51

Augenvonsauron wrote:Visigoth is slated to go under my needles tonight.

We may wish to rethink that. The Klingon Chancellor is proposing we lynch Visigoth for suspect sociopathic tendencies tomorrow, which would make our investigation moot.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 10 Oct 2013, 18:17:13

I can just pew-pew Visigoth. We don't have to wait until we get home. Thoughts?

Apparently in case it wasn't clear from my earlier posts, I have been informed by our GM that I have a weapon!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 10 Oct 2013, 18:31:21

Mister E. Meat wrote:I can just pew-pew Visigoth. We don't have to wait until we get home. Thoughts?

Apparently in case it wasn't clear from my earlier posts, I have been informed by our GM that I have a weapon!

((You can day kill? Uncertain on vigging Visigoth during the day then. Wouldn't be likely to earn you a lynching, but why do that when the lynch will potentially take care of it for us?))

And I am, of course, equipped with the greatest weapon of all. :eyebrow:

MEM, in the day thread don't you mean "Vithigoth"? :P

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 10 Oct 2013, 20:28:03

For those not versed in Star Trek lore, in my Day Thread post at Ozy I'm referencing a Next Generation episode where Captain Picard is tortured by a Cardassian, Gul Madred. A reference to "four lights" or just the number four in some fashion will indicate that Ozy is refusing to cooperate with me. Five will indicate that he yields and then, presumably, I will pull my vote off him.

I haven't decided if I will *actually* pull my vote off him or not yet. :twisted:

If he doesn't respond, I'll be a little more blunt about it with "Garak and Odo, the bucket denied", which is a reference to a Deep Space Nine episode where Garak winds up torturing his changeling "friend" Odo.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 11 Oct 2013, 06:14:13

Okaros wrote:
Mister E. Meat wrote:I can just pew-pew Visigoth. We don't have to wait until we get home. Thoughts?

((You can day kill? Uncertain on vigging Visigoth during the day then. Wouldn't be likely to earn you a lynching, but why do that when the lynch will potentially take care of it for us?))

And I am, of course, equipped with the greatest weapon of all. :eyebrow:

MEM, in the day thread don't you mean "Vithigoth"? :P

No, I can say the "z" sound :)

And I can't day kill but we don't need to try to get a bunch of people to vote for him, I can just use my night kill. We may as well, we know he's not on our team, I'm curious to find out what the drawback of my power is and finally the somewhat cryptic PM I got from Omega saying that "I have a weapon" means there is probably someone out there who knows about or steals weapons which means it's in our best interest to use it before that happens.

Unless there any objections before this evening, I will PM Omega to splat someone. Right now it's visigoth but if you'd rather have someone else splatted, just post a discussion.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 11 Oct 2013, 06:19:00

Yeah, I got one saying I don't have a weapon, so it was being clarified (and not to meta it too much, but I was on the BCC line, which meant it was a mass email to everyone without a weapon). Obviously, someone's power relies on weapon existence.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 11 Oct 2013, 06:39:22

Mister E. Meat wrote:And I can't day kill but we don't need to try to get a bunch of people to vote for him, I can just use my night kill. We may as well, we know he's not on our team, I'm curious to find out what the drawback of my power is and finally the somewhat cryptic PM I got from Omega saying that "I have a weapon" means there is probably someone out there who knows about or steals weapons which means it's in our best interest to use it before that happens.

The weapons are almost certainly relevant to fighting the beast tomorrow (if the Council goes that route). Having a weapon = victory? Or at least an advantage when fighting the beast. Hence the sudden amendment to our roles when it starts being discussed.

Mister E. Meat wrote:Unless there any objections before this evening, I will PM Omega to splat someone. Right now it's visigoth but if you'd rather have someone else splatted, just post a discussion.

If Augie can switch targets I suppose that works. Otherwise I'd definitely prefer someone else. If you do try and kill Visi we'll definitely want a conditional since Visi is one of the current wagons. Admetus, maybe?

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 11 Oct 2013, 10:08:09

It doesn't have to be Visi, I can shoot whomever we want.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 11 Oct 2013, 11:40:08

I've been visited upon!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 11 Oct 2013, 12:47:18

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I've been visited upon!

Maybe we should kill Hellheart for his impertinence?

Edit:
Actually, the more I think about this possibility the more I like it. Thinking about the possible night actions...
If Hellheart's a seer: We want to kill him to deny another team an active seer.
If Hellheart's a GA: We want to kill him to deny another team a GA (and why in the world was he GA'ing you anyway?)
If he's something else: Is there anything targeting non-teammates that we *wouldn't* want to eliminate? A one-shot night-kill that was already used up we wouldn't want to bother with, but I'd be surprised if that was the case here.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 11 Oct 2013, 14:30:17

So, given our collection of powers I'm inclined to have the Senator vote for Mortal Kombat rather than private voting and no night powers.

Reasons? I think we have two advantages relating to the use of night powers that the other teams/players don't have:
We get seer results via my power, and that relies on people using their seers at night.
Our team power gives us useful information when powers are used against us, and the defensive aspect of our team power is likely something nobody else has so we're probably less vulnerable to night powers than the other teams are.

Any thoughts? Going to hold off having the Senator vote for another hour or two, so no immediate rush. So far the Klingons have voted for Kombat, Cardassians for no night powers. The Federation hasn't voted yet.

Edit:
Federation has voted for Kombat, which means it's either Kombat or a coinflip at the moment.

Edi2: Voted for Kombat.

Return to “Romulus”