Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Re: Night 4

Postby Okaros » 11 Oct 2013, 18:48:33

Ahem, I mean...

Ah, so nice of you to rejoin us Ryvvn. I trust your stay in the Q Continuum was pleasant?

Also, just a reminder:

Okaros wrote:Perhaps the secret is that Q won't ever actually kill anyone that's lynched and is just random.org'ing people to death each night.

Anyone want to lay odds on Rictus returning to us in a day or two? :P
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 11 Oct 2013, 22:12:56

Hey, umm, hi; I have no clue what's going on, but I'm not gonna complain!

Two things:
Do you still need/want me to threaten Ozy by PM?
and
MEM if you still have your shot, can you please just shoot rekard is his stupid face :D

To future (hopefully shot in the face) rekard: no offense ;)

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 11 Oct 2013, 22:18:57

The Federation took a beating today. No new information today after my mishap in the Captain's cabin the day before. I am interested in targets people would like me to interrogate.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 11 Oct 2013, 23:06:47

Ryvvn wrote:Hey, umm, hi; I have no clue what's going on, but I'm not gonna complain!

No worries. You've joined the secret faction made up of the lynched players and have been sent back to spy on us and sow discord. :twisted: 8-)

We can still find a use for you, though, I'm sure. :eyebrow:

It's tempting. Can you hold at least one PM in reserve for that for now? I'm pondering how to play that. My oblique threat yesterday went unremarked and you're return was unexpected so I'm not sure what the best avenue is to threaten Ozy now.

In other news:

My spies have reported in and have let me know that Admetus is, in fact, a Klingon agent like we suspected. He has a defensive power of some kind.

Target-related:

MEM: With San's death I'm actually thinking we should keep Hellheart alive. Since nothing bad seems to have come from his targeting you, he's almost certainly a faction seer for either the Cardassians or Klingons. If we kill him that leaves only one Seer left to power my ability. (If we kill *all* the seers my spies won't have anything to report on). Better to kill someone else instead. stigmata or spheno maybe? Both have fairly useless voting records. rekard would also potentially work, but his vote on Visi yesterday will theoretically give us a healthy chunk of information about him when we get Visi's interrogation results back tomorrow.

Augie: Can you interrogate Clearasday (perhaps with Furin as a conditional backup) tonight? I suspect he's safe from the lynch for the next day or two because of his decent bandwagon yesterday, and I'm guessing he's either a Cardassian or a sociopath.

DOM: Admetus for the silence, perhaps? The Klingons still have a full roster so silencing them would have "full" effect.

Now that we have more info, voting analysis + seer results are providing some juicy details. If we get lucky with lynch/maul/seer results I should be able to take a decent guess at almost everyone's allegiances in the next day or two. Finding/Confirming a Cardassian or two would really help plug in some gaps.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 11 Oct 2013, 23:08:49

The Senator reports that there is nothing to consider in the Council today. I suspect they're all working on securing their ring-side seats for the fight with the beast.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 12 Oct 2013, 06:24:19

Please see updated first post.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Oct 2013, 07:44:15

A couple more things:

I'm thinking I'll stay silent in the day thread this weekend, hopefully keep attention off me from my unexpected return, and just play off a near EOD vote as having just been alerted to my return.

As for the return itself, it has not been explained to me in any capacity, but today's flavor implies it's by someone's request(?)

I'm going to assume total uselessness to my anon post power now, since it was revealed along with my role when I was "lynched"; however, it may be good for a public mass communique to secret allies. Perhaps later this weekend when I place a vote I'll just use it to state that I am still upholding my previously formed non-aggression pacts. (edit: just realized how pointless that would be when I could say that in a standard message; excuse me, not fully awake yet.)

And I guess I won't use my PM power to just blindly offer anymore pacts; what I think I may do is reserve one like you asked, Okaros, and use two other to start trying to manipulate votes with my current standing non-aggressors (ex. PM Hellheart to tell him I'll follow his vote today if he'll follow my vote tomorrow sort of deal.)

Finally, our team has apparently acquired a night kill!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 12 Oct 2013, 09:32:45

Ryvvn wrote:Finally, our team has apparently acquired a night kill!

Far be it for me to doubt a random gift showing up on our doorstep, but it seems awfully suspicious that it would show up completely unlooked-for like that. But I suppose we should make use of it while we can. If MEM can remember how to actually detonate his bomb tonight, I would suggest:

MEM: stigmata->sphenodont
Team: twdog->Wasabi

Four targets we have the least useful information on, since they've all had no decent voting to look at.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 12 Oct 2013, 13:47:35

I think I'm going to hold off on Ozy until we need him. We don't actually want an alliance with a sociopath long-term, so better to hold the blackmail threat in reserve as a one-shot "do this or else" thing.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Oct 2013, 15:08:28

Okaros wrote:
MEM: stigmata->sphenodont
Team: twdog->Wasabi

Ahem, couldn't help but notice that none of those names say "rekard" :P

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 12 Oct 2013, 16:20:53

Ryvvn wrote:Ahem, couldn't help but notice that none of those names say "rekard" :P

While having a stupid face *is* grounds for lynching, as you've so aptly demonstrated, I don't think shooting rekard would get the rest of us very much.

;) :D

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 12 Oct 2013, 16:56:50

Ryvvn wrote:Hey, umm, hi; I have no clue what's going on, but I'm not gonna complain!

Two things:
and
MEM if you still have your shot, can you please just shoot rekard is his stupid face :D

To future (hopefully shot in the face) rekard: no offense ;)

So I have two things going on. One is that I have an extra kill to use sort of somehow. I'll post more about it once I get some clarification from Omega. I'm perfectly happy to shoot rekard (no offense rekard!)

Secondly, I may post "no more than 140 characters per post in the day thread" and I have a max of 5 posts.

And I just PMed Omega to use normal night-kill only semi-vig power on stigmata->sphenodont.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 12 Oct 2013, 17:22:46

Mister E. Meat wrote:So I have two things going on. One is that I have an extra kill to use sort of somehow. I'll post more about it once I get some clarification from Omega. I'm perfectly happy to shoot rekard (no offense rekard!)

Secondly, I may post "no more than 140 characters per post in the day thread" and I have a max of 5 posts.

And I just PMed Omega to use normal night-kill only semi-vig power on stigmata->sphenodont.

If we have a third kill tonight, shooting rekard in the face will be acceptable. Perhaps rekard->Griffypoo?

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 12 Oct 2013, 18:13:16

Ok, Omega told me it's OK to quote the PM, so here you go. Below is what I received.

I need your help. I have a vig shot available to me, but I don't get to use it myself. I have to have someone designate a target. The joys of being an underling, eh? So I'll make a trade with you. If you reply with the vig target Rekard, I'll vote for whoever you want me to in the day thread. Just make sure you designate which is the target and which is the vote, otherwise it becomes a coin flip.

Ryvvn any idea why this person also wants rekard to get shot? And who should we get them to vote for?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 12 Oct 2013, 18:17:54

Mister E. Meat wrote:Ok, Omega told me it's OK to quote the PM, so here you go. Below is what I received.

I need your help. I have a vig shot available to me, but I don't get to use it myself. I have to have someone designate a target. The joys of being an underling, eh? So I'll make a trade with you. If you reply with the vig target Rekard, I'll vote for whoever you want me to in the day thread. Just make sure you designate which is the target and which is the vote, otherwise it becomes a coin flip.

Ryvvn any idea why this person also wants rekard to get shot? And who should we get them to vote for?

... and who is this person?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Oct 2013, 18:20:45

Mister E. Meat wrote:Ryvvn any idea why this person also wants rekard to get shot? And who should we get them to vote for?

Honestly no idea, but kudos to that person!

As for who they should vote on, I've lost track where we are at on currently suspicious characters; any activity of note going on with the council, Okaros?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 12 Oct 2013, 18:27:44

Ryvvn wrote:As for who they should vote on, I've lost track where we are at on currently suspicious characters; any activity of note going on with the council, Okaros?

The Federation President is crying like a baby over the loss of his personnel, but nothing else has happened.

Lynch voting today is tricky due to the nature of the lynch. Factions may attempt to push their own members to the front if they're likely to defeat the beast. Perhaps the best result might be to pick someone who has not been exposed to the lynch vote before, just to see what patterns emerge. sphenodont, perhaps?

This smells like some sort of trap, however.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 12 Oct 2013, 20:02:35

Oh, might as well make this formal I guess:

Maul: twdog->Wasab

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 12 Oct 2013, 20:13:23

Okaros wrote:
Mister E. Meat wrote:Ok, Omega told me it's OK to quote the PM, so here you go. Below is what I received.

... and who is this person?

Mr. A. Nonymous as in other than maybe being Ryvvn, I have no idea :p

I'm going to take this person up on it because why not? It's fun!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 12 Oct 2013, 20:48:53

Mister E. Meat wrote:Mr. A. Nonymous as in other than maybe being Ryvvn, I have no idea :p

I'm going to take this person up on it because why not? It's fun!

I'll be sure to give you a proper suit for your funeral, then. That uniform is *so* 24th-and-a-half century.

I doubt it will result in your death, but I'll be a little surprised if that's really all there is to it. Spheno for the vote then? Or anyone with a different/better idea?

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 12 Oct 2013, 21:31:29

I think we only get one chance at the vote, so if we want spheno, that's what we need to choose but I don't think we can take that back if we're iffy.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 07:37:49

Mister E. Meat wrote:I think we only get one chance at the vote, so if we want spheno, that's what we need to choose but I don't think we can take that back if we're iffy.

Yeah, I agree. I'm really unsure on this one, particularly given the complete lack of voting in the day thread so far.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Oct 2013, 09:52:29

Maul: twdog -> Wasabi

I'll ask Admetus (nicely) to shut the hell up tonight.

I don't know that I trust the anon-PM-vig-shot-mechanic. Is there any penalty to not using it? I'm fine with trying it, but my guess is that they're just trying to see if you're on the same team by sending anon PMs. The day thread's mentioned some of those in the past (someone besides Ryvvn having anon-PM capability).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 10:27:03

Hey DOM, you can't lynch Meta4. He's already dead. :P

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Oct 2013, 13:32:11

Oh man, 8 Eastern is such a bad time for me to make any actual decisions for this day; if anyone has any helpful suggestions, please inform, otherwise I'll just make some random moved during halftime of the Pats game.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 13:43:08

Ryvvn wrote:Oh man, 8 Eastern is such a bad time for me to make any actual decisions for this day; if anyone has any helpful suggestions, please inform, otherwise I'll just make some random moved during halftime of the Pats game.

Yeah, timing-wise I think we're going to see a lot of last-minute voting by people. Council thread has been completely dead.

Do you have a weapon? There's going to be so much movement near end of day that we could randomly wind up with someone under lynch threat and we'll need to know if they've got a chance of defeating the beast or not. If it's someone with a weapon, we shouldn't fight too hard over it (but I don't think we should deliberately try to set it up).

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Oct 2013, 13:46:09

No weapon, and same powers I left with

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Oct 2013, 14:09:59

I'm going to PM Hellheart, Visigoth, and Griffy and tell them that since my race has been revealed that I require their council representatives to claim them in the council thread otherwise they will be suspected sociopaths and our non-aggression will be terminated.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 14:22:35

Don't forget to maul vote, btw.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Oct 2013, 14:31:16

Okaros wrote:Don't forget to maul vote, btw.

Did we reach a concensus on that?

I decided against those other PMs, if we're going to use my PMs to suss out sociopaths, it needs to be a more concerted effort. I can't think of any good use for my PMs tonight.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 15:10:49

Ryvvn wrote:
Okaros wrote:Don't forget to maul vote, btw.

Did we reach a concensus on that?

I decided against those other PMs, if we're going to use my PMs to suss out sociopaths, it needs to be a more concerted effort. I can't think of any good use for my PMs tonight.

DOM seems to agree. Other than that, it hasn't been discussed much. The targets I picked out were largely due to lack of information. With no special goal, our motivation is more "stay alive" than "kill X", so killing hard-to-identify targets is better (particularly since they're more likely to be sociopaths). The shared conflicting goal also makes it harder to ally ourselves with one faction or another (since they all want us dead equally as much as we want them dead).

With no Day Thread activity this day is *really* hard to do anything with, so your lack of PM usefulness isn't too surprising. If you had a weapon, we could potentially gambling on you getting lynched again and defeating the beast (you could have PM'd your buddies and promised not to kill them with it they voted for you).

MEM, if you haven't responded to that Anon-PM-Vig-Thing now's the time to do it. If you're going to try, better to do it now before it's wasted.

Current idea for tomorrow: Assuming nothing special happens with the lynch, I think I'm going to push for the death of Ozy via the Council, preferably via someone's vig shot or night-kill. Those seem to be more permanent/less prone to nullification-by-the-whim-of-Q.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Oct 2013, 15:13:54

Maul: twdog --> Wasabi

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 13 Oct 2013, 16:12:50

I will agree TWDOG -WASABI for the maul Bob. I have yet to read the day thread. I will balance a bandwagon as needed.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 16:20:50

What. The. Hell. 3 votes for dead people in the day thread??

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Oct 2013, 16:26:15

Okaros, we're likely already linked from your previously attempted snipe; so I'm gonna follow your vote tonight, in the event the other races are waiting to pile on people.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 16:30:03

Ryvvn wrote:Okaros, we're likely already linked from your previously attempted snipe; so I'm gonna follow your vote tonight, in the event the other races are waiting to pile on people.

Alright, try to avoid making it a back-to-back thing if you can but I realize the timing will make that a challenge.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Oct 2013, 16:32:35

Okaros wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Okaros, we're likely already linked from your previously attempted snipe; so I'm gonna follow your vote tonight, in the event the other races are waiting to pile on people.

Alright, try to avoid making it a back-to-back thing if you can but I realize the timing will make that a challenge.

How late are you holding yours until? I have to check/vote from my phone.

If you know who you're gonna vote for, I'll put it in first.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 16:36:42

Trying to figure that out. The bandwagons are annoyingly poor. Augie just went Mortus, Why don't you lead off on FurinMirado? I'll follow closer to EOD.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 16:46:23

Okaros wrote:Trying to figure that out. The bandwagons are annoyingly poor. Augie just went Mortus, Why don't you lead off on FurinMirado? I'll follow closer to EOD.

Reasoning for it is this: If rekard dies via vig prior to EOD like the anonymous PM implies, those votes will go nowhere and a second-place finish will be easy. Furin's voting record is hard to read at the moment, so he's an excellent choice that doesn't potentially mess up our other kills/power uses.

If the Anon-PM doesn't deliver, then no big harm I think.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 13 Oct 2013, 16:47:24

Just thinking like an Qmega, would Visigoth need to mention Latinum every night to get use of some power? Or maybe I'm feeding his power by mentioning it...

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 16:49:39

Augenvonsauron wrote:Just thinking like an Qmega, would Visigoth need to mention <censored> every night to get use of some power? Or maybe I'm feeding his power by mentioning it...

That would seem fairly Qmega-like, certainly. We shall add that word to the list of proscribed words and henceforth have it censored in all publications and communications.

Edit: Admetus just got vigged. Perhaps someone else took our mysterious Anon-PM on his offer before DOM did?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 16:58:59

Crap. Do you have a weapon, Augie? If not, you may want to switch to rekard in self-defense.

DOM/MEM, anywhere you want to vote to save Augie is fine.

Edit: Or not. Hopefully Augie has a weapon, isn't permanently dead, or there's an EOD extension.

Edit2: And Day thread is locked, so that rules out the third option.

Return to “Romulus”