Now it get's fun!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Re: Night 5

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 18:49:55

Oh dear. It seems I'll have to put that suit together for Agent Meat after all.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Oct 2013, 18:56:22

Gorramit. Omega, could you please get the Player List updated? I was using that to (quickly) toss a vote out.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Oct 2013, 19:01:45

So, I wasn't around for the actual action today (biweekly Pathfinder game that I run). I didn't switch off of Admetus with my power use; not sure if that's burned, or if I can use it today. Sounds like Augie also gets to choose a death? I'll dig into some analysis tomorrow (waiting to see the roles & such as well), maybe try to find us a target.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 19:04:31

DastardlyOldMan wrote:So, I wasn't around for the actual action today (biweekly Pathfinder game that I run). I didn't switch off of Admetus with my power use; not sure if that's burned, or if I can use it today. Sounds like Augie also gets to choose a death? I'll dig into some analysis tomorrow (waiting to see the roles & such as well), maybe try to find us a target.

I'm going to do some info-dumping in a bit once I get the results of my power and anything Augie has to offer results-wise from interrogating Visi. That triple pile-on on Augie at the last minute was very revealing, I think.

Edit:

Another fun tidbit:
4 shadows killed twdog, and there were four of us at that point (MEM's death was listed first)
5 shadows killed San during Night 3, confirming (I think) that it was either the Cardassians or Klingons.
? shadows killed meta4 during Night 2. Sociopaths?
No shadows mentioned when RaveBomb was killed in the night. He also didn't vote on Day 1. WoG maybe?

So, coinflip for who gets the maul next between the Federation and whoever didn't have it before, I think.

Edit2: Also, apologies for not sniping to save you Augie. I was crossing my fingers that you'd have a weapon and be able to kill the beast (Having only one of us, MEM, with a weapon seemed a little unlikely and you were the only person who hadn't otherwise declared a lack of weapons). I think we can assume that rekard has a weapon, given his sniping self-vote at the end.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 20:02:15

I've asked our good Senator to take responsibility for twdog's death in the Council and he has, of course, done so.

Drafting the Senator's statement to the Council regarding Ozymandias:
(This will probably not be sent until morning/mid-day ET tomorrow)
-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-
In addition to uncovering and eliminating the Borg threat, we have also uncovered substantial evidence that there is a Changeling amongst us. Given the lack of interference from the Q entity today, I suggest we work together to eliminate Ozymandias today to prevent him achieving whatever it is that he wants.
-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-

However, having some second thoughts about this play. With 3 non-aligned dead, the elimination of the last one will likely trigger full-on faction warfare between the 4 teams. And while we're in okay shape for that we could be better. It might be better to go back to the Adopt-A-Changeling plan now. Hrrrm.... *wafflewafflwaffle*

Edit:
Whoohoo! Nobody voted for twdog all game long, so he had nobody to assimilate. We don't have to worry about the Borg collective as a secret conversion faction then. 8-)

Now, the *other* secret conversion factions we still have to worry about... :flail:

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 22:25:55

News from the Senator: The Council must choose between:

1) Each team get a powerup given to a random player on Day 6 (possibly temporary or possibly permanent).

2) On Day 6, the lynch victim's team gets their team-power improved in some way.

I must be off to get bed (all this spying is hard work, after all), so the rest of you should discuss which you prefer. I think my own preference is for the first, and I would guess that the rest of the Council will also prefer the first (nobody has spoken about it yet).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 06:17:39

So, the fascinating question is: Why in the world would Blindsniper resurrect Ryvvn?

I created a Faction Speculation thread last night if you'd like to see my full brainstate. Blindsniper and Wasabi both match perfectly with what I had speculated, so no surprises there (though the confirmation of both has been nice). Still some question marks floating around, but I think they're relatively low-impact. Major upheavals would require multiple people putting killing votes on their own teammates.

I don't seem to have my daily reports from my field agents yet. I suppose this is what happens when you leave them to their own devices. Agent VonSauron, were you led astray again or did you make a field decision to change your target from Visigoth?

It occurs to me that the other possible RP explanation for a changeling would be Constable Odo as a Federation officer, which might also explain Ozy's disguise power. Ozy has not yet voted against a Federation member.

Draft (don't send yet):Ryvvn, perhaps you can use one of your PMs to send this to Jaresh-Inyo (the Federation President)?:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Memo from the Tal Shiar Directorate:
It has come to our attention that Ozymandias is not what he appears to be. If you have him sneaking around on your behalf it would be wise to claim as your own by making your Council vote in multiple colors today. Otherwise he be shall dealt with as his sociopathic nature warrants.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 07:29:49

Beautiful work in the faction speculation, Okaros - thank you. I'll play with some things and see what else I can come up with to add to that.

So we're at 4/4/3/3+1 at this point, best that we know. The Cardassians are probably our next biggest threat. Do we want to aim at a team of four, or maybe try to use Ryvvn to privately ally ourselves with another faction? If we team up with someone, we could easily lock up the vote.

Still no word on whether I used up my power on Admetus or not, otherwise I can try to silence blindsniper's team tonight (with a conditional, even!)

e: Sheesh, my brain is just not firing on all synapses.
Last edited by DastardlyOldMan on 14 Oct 2013, 07:39:47, edited 1 time in total.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 07:39:15

How are you guys identifying faction of the dead - is this Trek knowledge? (I thought that was in the day thread, but maybe got replaced by role PMs)?

I'm wondering if the "you can only convert those that have voted for you in the day thread" at the end of twdog's role wasn't tacked on to make it less obvious that Ozy & blindsniper are borgs, but not sure.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 07:45:01

I do concur that a PM'd alliance offer to another race may be beneficial, though only short term and so long as an alliance doesn't form in retaliation.

Okaros, the term "multiple colors" may be confusing.

Finally, again no idea how or why I'd have been brought back; however, I doubt it was by anyone's explicit choice or request, likely a side-effect or misfiring of a power(?)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 07:53:23

I could just PM Blind:
Draft wrote:The Romulan Empire is aware that your one time use power has been depleted, please inform your council leader to share how it was used and for what reasons.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 07:56:34

DastardlyOldMan wrote:How are you guys identifying faction of the dead - is this Trek knowledge? (I thought that was in the day thread, but maybe got replaced by role PMs)?

Which dead? If they're on a team, that's been called out in their Role PM when Omega announces it (For example, Rictus was "You are a Bajoran crew member of a Federation vessel", underline mine)

I'm wondering if the "you can only convert those that have voted for you in the day thread" at the end of twdog's role wasn't tacked on to make it less obvious that Ozy & blindsniper are borgs, but not sure.

Qmega outright lying to us like that would be painful. :( I think/hope he would be more likely to *remove* that text in an effort to preserve paranoia about a conversion faction than add it.

Ryvvn wrote:I could just PM Blind:
Draft wrote:The Romulan Empire is aware that your one time use power has been depleted, please inform your council leader to share how it was used and for what reasons.

No point in that. Seeing as how you're the only one that's been resurrected, it's pretty obvious who he targeted. The larger question is *why*. Does he get some sort of power over you? (This also fits the RP flavor text for your resurrection, which hinted at someone wanting you, specifically, alive again)

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 08:01:25

stigmata role wrote:You're Silarin Prin. During the occupation you were on Bajor but served Gul Pirak’s household. You never so much as picked up a phaser rifle. The events of that night fateful night however changed you and set you on a quest for revenge.

- You technical expertise allows you to precisely kill from afar, however, you know that only soldiers deserve to die, if you target a non-military player, this will fail. (One time use.)

- You may also recharge any other player’s one-time use power, this takes 48 hours to reset.

- Finally, there is a Bajoran here, a member of the Shakaar, kill that player and gain a power up.
[You do not have a weapon.]

I think the pre-role-PM blurb might have mentioned Cardassian, and a quick google tells me the same; just wanting to make sure I'm not missing something here (I am not at all familiar with Trek, since the original, at least).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 08:33:58

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I think the pre-role-PM blurb might have mentioned Cardassian, and a quick google tells me the same; just wanting to make sure I'm not missing something here (I am not at all familiar with Trek, since the original, at least).

Oh, good catch. I hadn't realized the Faction info wasn't explicitly called out in the deaths today. Possibly an oversight on Omega's part?

stigmata's role as Silaran Prin is definitely a Cardassian lore-wise, so I'll keep him as a confirmed Carassian in my charts for the moment, but that's not quite a guaranteed thing without confirmation from Qmega that he was officially part of the Cardassian team.

And this is something you can help keep me aware of, as I'm immersed in enough Trek lore that I'm likely to gloss over stuff and find confirmation of things that might not be there.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 14 Oct 2013, 08:47:00

I'll update the OP.

The player list has faction affiliation at the moment.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 08:55:27

Omega wrote:I'll update the OP.

Thanks!

Looks like all is well and my lore-based assumptions about the dead were accurate. Phwew!

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 09:40:59

Other notes: Cardassians had Night 3 kill (5 members, killed Federation-San). We had Night 4 kill. Back to Klingon/Federation tonight, assuming it cycles around normally and doesn't re-randomize.

Okaros - let me know what you think about my faction analysis. I had some cross-reads from what you had, but definitely some in-common reads as well.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 09:44:02

Meta4's sociopathy wasn't as dangerous-looking via role PM; I'm wondering if there was something missing there. twdog's was a converter, and that makes me sweat the third sociopath. We might want to go after the people we suspect are unaligned earlier rather than later, but let's time it for when we're lined up for the nightkill (probably Day 8, unfortunately).

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 10:06:38

Omega wrote:I'll update the OP.

Thanks, Omega - trying to actually get my head into this game here, I've been lackluster at best.

One other nag - if you could update Wasabi via the player list as well?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 10:10:37

Okaros wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:I could just PM Blind:

No point in that. Seeing as how you're the only one that's been resurrected, it's pretty obvious who he targeted. The larger question is *why*. Does he get some sort of power over you? (This also fits the RP flavor text for your resurrection, which hinted at someone wanting you, specifically, alive again)

If I were to further speculate on this, the only thing I could imagine him gaining by resurrecting me is either eavesdrops on my PMs (why bother?) or gaining a copy of my powers (again, not really sure why bother). If he has some sort of control or gained some sort of benefit by doing this, we likely won't know until he's dead and role PM revealed. I'm also not ready to just fully assume his responsibility for my resurrection yet.

Okaros, if there's limited to no activity going on in the council, it might be worth taking a more authoritative stance; maybe start directing and making decisions for people. If we are, most likely, at 4/4/3/3+1, now might be the only chance to take such a stance. No idea how you should go about it, though this Ozy move seems like a good enough start; it seems like the vast majority of communication is being restricted to the race specific threads and the council is not being used effectively at all.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 10:33:23

Welp, my PM capabilities were just disabled for today by an unknown source. :?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 11:45:27

Ryvvn wrote:Okaros, if there's limited to no activity going on in the council, it might be worth taking a more authoritative stance; maybe start directing and making decisions for people.

Might consider it for later in the day once I'm home, but I don't have the time at work to put something like that together right now. Personally favoring DOM's suggestion of saving the elimination of the final sociopath until our next turn at the Maul. Trying to force it without being sure just gets us retaliation in the vent we screw up, and I think eliminating all of the sociopaths this early means we'll be stuck in faction vs. faction warfare, which is something we want to avoid. With the sociopath still on the table we can potentially save someone from the lynch by claiming them and pointing towards a sociopath. With that off the table there's no reason for the other factions to *not* lynch one of us.

Edit:
Regarding my dayvote: Klingons have two dead, CAD can't vote, and Griffy likely has a penalty attached to him for missing yesterday's vote. Perfect wounded animal situation, and if we're right about his being a Klingon I'm hoping the Federation and Cardassians will realize this is a perfect opportunity to kick them while they're down (assuming they have any idea he's a Klingon, that is).

Edi2: Also, Council remains silent. The good Senator is the only one to have posted. Thoughts about how to vote?

Augie: Since your interrogations appear to result in your target missing their next day, I would suggest either Visigoth or Mortus tonight in order to make possibly removing a Cardassian tomorrow easier (and to also gain very useful factional information, since both are questionable).

Going forward, I would strongly suggest adding conditionals to your powers no matter what. The numbers are starting to get small enough (and the shenanigans wild enough) that I don't think it's safe to be picking a single target for anything anymore.
Last edited by Okaros on 14 Oct 2013, 13:57:55, edited 1 time in total.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 13:13:02

Okaros wrote:I've received my spy reports, but am seeking clarification from the Qmega about it. Either my agents are making mistakes or something fishy is going on.

Allow me to clarify that for you.

Okaros wrote:I've received my spy reports, but am seeking clarification from the Qmega about it. Either my agents are making mistakes or something fishy is going on.

Hmmm... I'm neutral on the council discussion. I don't want all the other teams to get an advantage, but there's a decent chance (as one of the currently-stronger factions) that we'll be visited by the lynch fairies on Day 6. I'd be leaning toward the lynch-target gets juice, but that will muck up some analysis. No strong opinion either way.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 13:57:16

Agent Red: Please subject Agent Ryvvn to your tender care tonight. I will explain more once we are operationally secure.

Should I not make it to tomorrow to explain, please assume the worst.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 14 Oct 2013, 14:19:04

That can certainly be done. Do I inject him with the fun stuff, or the stuff that makes him happy?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 14:24:14

Omega: Did I effectively use my power last night, or can I use it tonight? Unclear to me if I actually used it, since Admetus was vigged (I'm not asking if it was effective, if used, just if I did, in fact, use it or not).

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 14 Oct 2013, 14:29:21

Admetus was vigged during day 4, making your use invalid. You did not use your power.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 14:30:57

Okaros wrote:Agent Red: Please subject Agent Ryvvn to your tender care tonight. I will explain more once we are operationally secure.
Should I not make it to tomorrow to explain, please assume the worst.

I guess I too would be interested to see if I was returned with something unbeknownst to me.

I'm unsure what you mean by assume the worst though, unless your implication is that I would have had something to do with your potential demise? I really am utterly powerless at the moment.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 14:33:25

Augenvonsauron wrote:That can certainly be done. Do I inject him with the fun stuff, or the stuff that makes him happy?

Better go with both, just to be sure.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 14:39:12

((It occurs to me that playing in an Omega game has, in some ways, frightening similarities to playing Eve: Online... :flail: ))

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 14 Oct 2013, 14:43:55

Very well... both, just to be sure. *sharpens needles

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 15:10:51

I have instructed our Senator on how to vote in the Council today.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 14 Oct 2013, 15:55:01

Okaros wrote:((It occurs to me that playing in an Omega game has, in some ways, frightening similarities to playing Eve: Online... :flail: ))

What's that Elim?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 16:10:04

I'll wager that the talking about me instead of to me means I am now distrusted; okay then. :|

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 16:27:49

Omega wrote:What's that Elim?

I believe I was saying that I have the materials to give your uniform a splendid upgrade. Perhaps you'd be interested in something like this?

((Thankfully, the similarities with Eve do not extend to communications channels.))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 16:30:08

Ryvvn wrote:I'll wager that the talking about me instead of to me means I am now distrusted; okay then. :|

Oh, don't take it personally. If it makes you feel any better I never trusted you in the first place.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 16:32:05

Okaros wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:I'll wager that the talking about me instead of to me means I am now distrusted; okay then. :|

Oh, don't take it personally. If it makes you feel any better I never trusted you in the first place.

Noted.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 16:35:36

Ryvvn wrote:
Okaros wrote:

Noted.

Consider tomorrow a nice vacation to... what's that place on Earth Sisco always liked to talk about? Tahiti? Yes, that's it. Tahiti.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 16:51:41

I'm not suspicious of you, per se (other than your vote could've been a bit better placed to save my ass), but if the spymaster & senator says something's up, well, something's probably up. It might just be that someone countered Okaros' power yesterday, or someone did a changeling act on you, or what-have-you (which might also have been the point of bringing you back). We'll know more tomorrow, or we won't.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 16:55:16

Put a silence order in on blindsniper -> rekard, FYI. Let's see if we can screw with the Cardassians a bit today (assuming I survive the lynch - if Griffypoo gets on in ~5 minutes, I'm in a coin-flip).

Return to “Romulus”