Night 7

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2668
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Night 7

Postby Omega » 15 Oct 2013, 17:29:13

Losing AVS hurts, but the assailant is known to you.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Oct 2013, 17:31:34

Dammit, Hellheart's tried to wipe out our entire team, practically.

The "Spy bonus" may make it hard to get blindsniper removed, depending on what's defined as a Spy.

No idea what the "Tal'Shiar" alignment thing is mentioned in Red's role reveal.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 17:35:40

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Dammit, Hellheart's tried to wipe out our entire team, practically.

The "Spy bonus" may make it hard to get blindsniper removed, depending on what's defined as a Spy.

No idea what the "Tal'Shiar" alignment thing is mentioned in Red's role reveal.


Tal Shiar = Spy.

It's the Romulan spy branch.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2668
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Night 7

Postby Omega » 15 Oct 2013, 17:36:03

You would know, Mr. Garak.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 17:40:35

Omega wrote:You would know, Mr. Garak.


Yes I would! Except I didn't! I'm the Senator in charge of them and they didn't see fit to inform me!
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 18:08:25

So. Hellheart has to be hunting us, specifically. He gets a kill every other night. 2 of us could be coincidence, but 3 is nonsense. We can expect him to strike again during Night 8. The fact that he hasn't tried to kill you again may mean that he can't target the same person twice, so I'm betting I'm next on his list.


In the realm of more immediate concerns, there will apparently be a proposal for the council to consider later today.


Also, I was right about spheno. Nyah. :P

It's unclear whether the spy bonus applies to today, Day 7, or tomorrow, Day 8. Either way, we need to get Hellheart lynched today or tomorrow, and I'm inclined to go with tomorrow since we can take at least try to deal with Blindsniper today while that Iron is still fresh. If the spy bonus is enough to distract from Blind it will be enough to distract from Hellheart as well.


Also, my power results were Hellheart again. So somebody else out there knows about him and can verify.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 18:22:44

I believe we have the map of players to factions completed based on a 4x5 vs. 3x5+1x4 arrangement. I've updated my post accordingly.

Qmega, do I achieve secret spymaster ultimate victory for figuring out all the regular teams? :P


Spy-wise, I'm inclined to trust the Cardassian statements:

Romulan: Augie (duh)
Federation: dferrantino
Klingon: Either Furin or CAD (duh)
Cardassian: ???

Since we have no bloody idea what their secret goal is, there's no real way to suss out what their actual victory condition. The two things that immediately come to mind, however:
The one time Augie went off-plan was swapping in Blindsniper for Visigoth. Why did this happen? Probably to prevent me from potentially seeing the results, meaning spies likely show up on seer investigations (which also explains how the Cardassians are finding them).

Thus:
1) The Cardassian spy is probably Visigoth. (Dammit, see Edit)
2) Augie spied on CAD but reported results after I did, so the results may be conveniently omitting the bit about him being a spy. So, we unfortunately cannot draw a conclusion about the Klingon spy. That's the one I'm least concerned with, though, since a random night-kill could potentially remove them.




Also, Council update: The Cardassians just named Hellheart a sociopath. I'm going to confirm this fact as true.


Edit: And Visigoth is not a spy, according to the Cardassians. Hrrrrrrrrm.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 18:52:28

The Klingons are still out for Cardassian blood. Furin's vote demonstrates this, and the Klingon Chancellor has spoken up to ask if the Romulans still agree with this.

I have replied that we are still in agreement and that the priorities should be:
1) Kill blindsniper
2) Kill hellheart (I confirmed his Sociopathic tendencies to the council)
3) Deal with spies. I said that we didn't trust the claims about who is/is not a spy from the Cardassians and were working on some analysis that may provide further details.



Speaking of...

I believe the Cardassian Legate may be a spy and deliberately spewing misinformation.


Independent analysis:
If you assume one spy per faction (a statement by the Cardassian Legate, but something that seems reasonable):

We know:
1) The Federation spy must be either dferr or Ozy. San has alreay died and should have been revealed.
2) The Klingon spy must be either Furin or CAD. Everyone else is dead.
3) The Romulan spy is dead.
4) The Cardassian spy could be Visi, Blind, rekard or Mortus. Ugh!


Some deductions we can make based on Council posts vs. Daypost timings in all of this:

1) Ozy is likely the Federation President. His avaiability pattern would make him good for the role, and the opening post where the President takes off his pants seems like a witticism he'd put together. Ozy's vote today comes without the President having said anything and almost immediately after my post, which is too short a timeframe for there to be any discussion within the Federation. Thus, he's already made the decision for the Fed and is waiting to post in the Council thread to avoid potentially linking it to him.
2) Furin is probably the Klingon Chancellor due to vote + Immediate post in the Council.
3) Visigoth is almost certainly the Cardassian Legate. The only reason he'd claim Visi isn't a spy is based on first-hand knowledge (outside of our situation with Ryvvn, what are the odds of the Cardassians seering their own team? Zero.) Either he knows it to be true or he's lying to cover himself.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 19:03:28

So DOM, when do you reveal that you converted to the secret Werewolf faction?

We've been hit by:
1) Internal Spy
2) External Mole
3) External Sociopath Intending to Kill Us

The Borg converting you would complete the set, but alas we stopped that before it could take off. They were the Space Vampires, so we obviously need a Space Werewolves conversion faction to counter them.



I think I'm becoming fairly convinced Visigoth is the Cardassian spy due to Augie's going off-plan when it came to targeting him. dferr may or may not be a spy, Visi could be offering that up as a kernel of truth to help support his lie. If I had to guess, I'd also say CAD was the Klingon spy. The timing of Augie's results were supiciously late in retrospect (Omega's consistently delivered Red's results before mine with that one exception), and going off-mission twice would have looked *really* suspicious.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Oct 2013, 19:49:51

Still catching up - most likely wait until morning to process through the day, but I've got our team powerup -

I can increase someone's vote every day - not my own, and not the same player two days consecutively.

And I should have a silence capability tonight as well.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 19:59:30

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Still catching up - most likely wait until morning to process through the day, but I've got our team powerup -


Yeah, sorry. Braindumped fairly heavily on this whole spy thing. :)


I can increase someone's vote every day - not my own, and not the same player two days consecutively.

And I should have a silence capability tonight as well.


*steeples fingers* Excellent. A non-Blindsniper Cardassian would be good tonight, I think keeping them from communicating amongst themselves is the way to go while they've got the advantage. Federation would also be decent, in case San doesn't die when Blind does.

I would suggest only using the vote manip if it looks like we'll actually need it for something. Since we've already lost our spy, I would suspect that we won't be in serious lynch threat for some time while everyone else goes spy-hunting.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 04:06:03

Yepper, figured I'd be sitting on the vote manipulation to keep it hidden for now, unless it's really necessary - that's the sort of thing that can really impact the end-game when there's only 6/7 players left. That said, other teams have got powers too, so figure ~equivalent value.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 05:44:39

I can't help but notice that you did not deny your status as a Space Werewolf. I'm on to you...



Now, on to more serious matters. Here is the best path to possible victory for us that I can see:

If Blindsniper and Hellheart die for the next two kills (lynches, night-kills, whatever) then we have 4 other kills that happen before we're down to six remaining people and a possible parity-based victory for someone. I believe San is likely to die in that span as well, either due to the reanimation expiring or (hopefully) expiring when Blindsniper does. That leaves us with 3 kills to work with.

Our best hopes for victory are either
a) A joint victory, achieved by eliminating two of the other teams and being left at 2v2 joint parity with another team. This would have to be negotiated at the 2v2v2v2 stage that has a strong likelihood of occuring if we don't control any of the night kills.
or
b) A solo team victory, achieved via 2v1v1. This is best achieved by surprise with a maul or vig shot (perhaps with a snipe shot that wrecks the lynch voting).

My best guess on spy victory conditions is parity with non-spies, so we will need to find a spy within the next 3 kills. Two of those are probably going to be mauls or night-kills/vigs of some kind, so must assume that we only have one lynch we can steer.

I believe if I spell this out in-Council I can convince the Klingons and Romulans to go Cardassian hunting until a spy is found, potentially eliminating the entire Cardassian team if they have bad aim, or at the very least whittling them down to two. It would actually be in our best interests if someone did *not* find a spy on the Cardassian team on the first attempt past Blindsniper, as that would mean we could justify drilling them down to two people fairly easily.

As our team that has its spy already dead, we should theoretically be safe from the other teams for now. I'm going to point this out in the Council later today: Anybody agitating to kill one of us in the other teams should be suspect. Because of this, I'm fairly confident that we're both safe from non-Hellheart faction aggression until there's only one spy left. A spy getting ahold of a personally-usable maul/night-kill/vig shot would be dangerous, but hopefully our night power will win the coinflip in that case.

Ultimately I think win/lose for the various factions is going to come down to who gets control of any night-kills that happen in the next 2-3 days, since that's going to dictate who dies when.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 07:00:03

Possibly - if we can get to a 2-2-2-2 situation (or similar), we might be able to use our vote manipulation to give us an edge as well. Balance that with potential vig kills and the like (speaking of, we should have a vote or two on HH as an alternative, in case blindsniper gets vigged, as you suggested yesterday).

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 07:34:51

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Possibly - if we can get to a 2-2-2-2 situation (or similar), we might be able to use our vote manipulation to give us an edge as well. Balance that with potential vig kills and the like (speaking of, we should have a vote or two on HH as an alternative, in case blindsniper gets vigged, as you suggested yesterday).


Yeah. I was actually vaguely hoping that the Cardassians would try to push that themselves, but it looks like VisiSpy is stirring up sentiment against Blindsniper.




I really, really would love it if someone would kill Hellheart with a maul or night-kill tonight. It would free us up to do so much more discussion.

For example, I want to ask the Cardassians in the day thread if their Legate has been truthful with them (because I have a sneaking suspicion that if Visi's the spy and their Legate that he's been lying about some things coming from the council. For example, he might have said that the Romulan empire thinks Blindsniper is a spy, instead of what I actually said which is "Hey, Blindsniper *might* be a spy!" (not a direct quote). Unfortunately, we can't mention that without distracting from lynching Blind and Hellheart and that's not a good idea.

We're also rapidly approaching a point where I intend to suggest that we drop the charade and move all council discussions to the Day Thread. We know who everyone is (with the possible exception of Mortus being a quiet sociopath instead of a Cardassian) and the other teams can't be too fara away. Current thoughts are to drop the Council charade once we hit 6 or fewer players.


I imagine we'll find out what the Council thing for today is once Qmega wakes up. No info so far. Gave out some info on Augie (The Federation wanted to know if he was actually on our team or was embedded in another) and asked the Cardassians when they seered dferr. If they seered him during Night 1 it will go a long way towards solidifying my suspicions about VisiSpy and OzySpy.




Actually, I know what I'll do. As we get closer to EOD I'll ask *Blindsniper* when their team first learned that dferr was a spy. If he's not revealed as a spy in death, he'll want revenge on the Cardassian spy (and want his remaining real teammates to win, hopefully) and almost certainly be truthful. If he's the spy then we can ignore his answer.
Last edited by Okaros on 16 Oct 2013, 08:27:43, edited 1 time in total.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 08:27:15

The Federation President just said they believe the spies are working *against* each other. I've asked for details on how they arrived at that belief.


The President-is-Ozy vibe continues to grow with each statement, and if Ozy is the spy then this is a perfect little lie for him to spin.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 10:16:39

For example, I want to ask the Cardassians in the day thread if their Legate has been truthful with them (because I have a sneaking suspicion that if Visi's the spy and their Legate that he's been lying about some things coming from the council. For example, he might have said that the Romulan empire thinks Blindsniper is a spy, instead of what I actually said which is "Hey, Blindsniper *might* be a spy!" (not a direct quote). Unfortunately, we can't mention that without distracting from lynching Blind and Hellheart and that's not a good idea.

For some of these things, you could publicly ask people to start considering whether their legate is potentially a spy or not. At this point, you have to figure there's a 50% chance of the Klingon rep and the Federation rep being a spy. It might be that their goal isn't parity, but to control the council instead (hard to say, but we'd be the major block on that right now, since they'd have to kill us to have full control).

Also, if you want me to poke the day thread with Council questions to protect your identity a bit better, I'm OK with that.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 10:22:26

Okaros wrote:Thus:
1) The Cardassian spy is probably Visigoth. (Dammit, see Edit)
2) Augie spied on CAD but reported results after I did, so the results may be conveniently omitting the bit about him being a spy. So, we unfortunately cannot draw a conclusion about the Klingon spy. That's the one I'm least concerned with, though, since a random night-kill could potentially remove them.

Edit: And Visigoth is not a spy, according to the Cardassians. Hrrrrrrrrm.

Hmmm.... are the Cardassians naming dfer a spy, or is that the Federation delegate? If I were the spy, I'd be quick to name the other-guy as the spy.

Regarding point (2) - did you not get a copy of AVS' seering? If not, I'd suggest that he may not have seered him at all? Dunno how your power works, seems like you're not getting the full details on ~every seering. You just get one seering per night?

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 10:52:32

DOM, more details in a bit, but...

Can you confirm with Omega whether your vote manipulation power would work on Council votes or not? This may be Very Important to know before EOD.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 11:13:24

Okaros wrote:DOM, more details in a bit, but...

Can you confirm with Omega whether your vote manipulation power would work on Council votes or not? This may be Very Important to know before EOD.

Hey Omega. Does my vote manipulation power work on Council votes? PM me the answer if you still want me to keep the Space Wolf Vampire Biker Ninja Tribbles faction secret.

((I'm seriously guessing not, but doesn't hurt to ask.))

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 11:19:41

Sent a couple questions to Omega about whether I could target Senator Letant or not (and also about how that works - that day or the next day). While I was PM'ing him, the silence order is in for Visigoth -> rekard. Figured if I tag a potential spy, we might be able to shush any shared communication channels that they have available (no clue how that works). Could also backfire, in that the spies might have more defense against powers, but only one way to find out. Well, two ways, but I'm not in a hurry to read the dead thread.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 11:20:19

DastardlyOldMan wrote:((I'm seriously guessing not, but doesn't hurt to ask.))



Yeah, that's my guess too but I want to be sure.

The Council has to vote on whether:

a) The top two lynch vote-getters tomorrow fight each other, with the loser being permanently dead.
b) The Council decides the lynch tomorrow and the Day Thread votes for who gets an extra powerup.
c) none of the above.


I'm slowly growing convinced that we may have two spies with seats on the Council, so b) is a terrifying prospect. However, if there *are* two spies on the Council working together, they may force that option down our throats. Your power could potentially stop that from being a coinflip.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 11:59:52

I can target the Council members! Their player-based powers won't apply, but their team-affiliation powers will (I assume defensive powers, etc - such that if I attempted to target you tonight, I might have a 50% failure).

It's a daytime-activation, applies to the same day.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 12:00:17

Read: I can try, but it may be unreliable.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 12:01:35

Also, I'm *not* available from about 1-hour before EOD until after EOD tonight (volleyball game @ 7:30 EDT)

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 12:18:10

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Hmmm.... are the Cardassians naming dfer a spy, or is that the Federation delegate? If I were the spy, I'd be quick to name the other-guy as the spy.

Regarding point (2) - did you not get a copy of AVS' seering? If not, I'd suggest that he may not have seered him at all? Dunno how your power works, seems like you're not getting the full details on ~every seering. You just get one seering per night?



The Cardassians named dferr a spy, not the Federation delegate.

I did not get a copy of AVS' seering of CAD. However, we know CAD was seered because he left play the day after Augie claimed to have submitted the seering. This is consistent with all of Augie's other seer targets: The victim leaves play for a day and we get the results back when they return. Augie waited until after I provided my results for the day, ensuring that I did *not* get a copy of the results from CAD before revealing the results.

My power appears to giving me a single randomly-selected seer result each night. I had hoped at first it might be every result, but that would be a little overpowered (it's already been very useful so far).


So, speculation/supposition time:

On the Federation Spy:
1) We know Ozy was seered by Augie on Night 1. I saw the results of that the same time Augie did, on Day 3. Those results were false. Augie selected Ozy without any input from us and without telling us. If Augie knew Ozy was a spy and knew he had a disguise power, targeting him right off the bat makes a great cover story. Ozy's a high-profile seer target so it makes sense to seer him on Night 1, and the fake results would conceal his identity as a spy.

On the Cardassian Spy:
2) On Day 3 Augie agreed to interrogate Visi. On Day 5, we discovered that it was Blindsniper that was interrogated instead. Augie ignored my requests for clarification on why Blindsniper was targeted. This tells me that Augie didn't want to interrogate Visigoth for some reason. Why? The only reason that makes sense is that Visi is a spy and that fact was known to Augie. Thus the lie by the Legate makes sense: It's Visi trying to cover his own ass (and, by extension, Ozy's ass since the Cardassians have named dferr as a spy, presumably based on a lie from Visi).

On the Klingon Spy:
3) CAD is likely the Klingon spy. As mentioned above, Augie's behavior is very suspicious with regards to revealing CAD's results. The timing is different than normal (how could Omega process my results without first processing Augie's?) and a second "oops, wrong target" would not have gone unnoticed and would have been insanely suspicious. The reason to do this would be to, again, prevent the reveal of a fellow spy by omitting that portion of the report.

Finally, a key lynchpin on the Cardassian front:
The Legate declared Hellheart a non-spy *yesterday*. Last night someone seered Hellheart, and suddenly the Legate declares Hellheart to be a sociopath. How did the Legate know Hellheart wasn't a spy? And why did the Cardassian seer go after Hellheart rather than confirming/denying, say, the Furin/CAD question or investigating one of their own to find the spy there?
Answer: The Legate = Cardassian spy = Visigoth = Seer. Rather than waste his time hunting for spies, he went for confirmation that Hellheart was a sociopath.
Last edited by Okaros on 16 Oct 2013, 12:23:27, edited 1 time in total.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 12:22:00

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I can target the Council members! Their player-based powers won't apply, but their team-affiliation powers will (I assume defensive powers, etc - such that if I attempted to target you tonight, I might have a 50% failure).

It's a daytime-activation, applies to the same day.


Yessssssssssssss. :twisted:

I wonder if any of the other teams have thought to try their powers on the Council Members. 8-) :lol:

Unfortunately, if CAD is the Chancellor and Ozy is the President, we may very well have a situation where 3 of the 4 Council Members are spies, in which case we'll see 3 votes for option b) near EOD and the non-spies are in a very, very, very bad situation. Nobody else has voted in the Council, although the President and Legate have both made comments.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 12:22:56

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Also, I'm *not* available from about 1-hour before EOD until after EOD tonight (volleyball game @ 7:30 EDT)



Noted.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 13:25:27

Hmmm, not to go too meta, but is the Cardassian rep posting during the day (of substance)? Visigoth typically has restrictions from work on his posting, although he can workaround them via tablet (and he had a holiday on Monday). I can ~usually ID Visigoth by his writing style, although if he's being subtle, he'll try to mask that as well.

I think it's also time to go ahead and make an assertion in the day thread that multiple council representatives could be spies, and that each team might need to consider just how much anyone in particular claimed.

The blindsniper lynch isn't a necessity for us at this point - we're not 100% positive that Ryvvn was feeding information - we're still going on some supposition & circumstantial evidence. While I don't mind the giant pile-on, we also are theorizing that Visigoth is the spy instead.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 13:40:14

What a surprise! The Cardassian Legate is refusing to provide the one detail that would confirm or deny his accusation that dferrantino is a spy.

The Cardassian statements from earlier in the day have been mostly short and clipped, so it's possible. But you raise a good point. I'll ponder the implications of the Legate being not-Visi a bit.

Also, we need the blindsniper lynch to prevent the Cardassians from steamrolling us into a team victory. They have 4(!) members alive right now whch means they hit parity in 4 non-Cardassian deaths. Ick!


And yeah, I think it's about time to go public. Is there any chance I can talk you into making that post? I'm tied up with work for the next hour or two, which may delay things too long (I've also gotten a little heated with the Legate, so having you post the question might mislead people into thinking you're the person behind the Senator).

Speciflcally, I'd want you to:
a) Announce that you are convinced that at least one Council representative has been compromised by the spy faction and that it would be in every team's best interests to begin verifying that their Council members are not misleading them with regards to Council business.
b) Ask Blindsniper to say when the Cardassian team seered dferrantino. Specifically mention that you are not asking for who did the seering, what information was revealed, or any other details. You just want to what night the seer results were received. Also mention that this is critical information for identifying a spy and that the Cardassian Legate is refusing to answer.

Feel free to throw in that if anyone would like to have a statement about Council business verified that you will be happy to confirm/deny any/all Council-related questions.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 13:47:28

Not a problem at all. I'll draft something up.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 13:53:37

Bear in mind - this will most likely reveal me as a Romulan, but as you said, most teams are going to know that already.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 13:56:10

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Bear in mind - this will most likely reveal me as a Romulan, but as you said, most teams are going to know that already.


Yeah. There's no need to outright state that you're a Romulan I think, but we're pretty much at end-game now. Anybody that hasn't figured out the other factions isn't really gaining much, if anything, by either of us formally identifying ourselves as Romulans.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 13:57:41

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Bear in mind - this will most likely reveal me as a Romulan, but as you said, most teams are going to know that already.

Ya know what, I may as well reveal that I am one, because that's the only way that this makes sense.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 13:59:41

Future DOM wrote:With the revelation of spies amongst us, there has been some internal discussion going on about who could be a spy. I think it's very important to note something that has come to the attention of our faction:

Your Council representatives could be spies. We strongly suspect at least one, possibly more. If they are, they could certainly be feeding your faction misinformation related to the Council proceedings. It might be helpful for you to start considering ways to verify the information that they're giving you, or to at least question what you're being told.

The Federation and the Klingons are down to two players each, one of which is most certainly a spy. If it's not you, expect that your teammate has an ulterior motive. We Romulans, at least, have had their spy removed, and are safer from that threat. Because of that, we will be happy to verify/confirm/deny any Council-related statements, or answer questions about specifics.

Blindsniper: My team would be very interested in learning when, exactly, the Cardassians seered dferrantino. I do not care who did the seering, or what the results were, or any other specific information - only the night that it ocurred according to the Cardassian information that you have. We think this is critical information in identifying a spy, and the Cardassian Legate is refusing to answer the question. It very well may be that your life is endangedered by misinformation from a spy in your own camp.

Suggestions for edits? Note where I claimed Romulanicity - I think that's the only way the verification-of-council-business makes a lot of sense.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 14:07:13

Federation is at 3 players (you're forgetting San). We're assuming he's going to die tonight or tomorrow night, but he's still alive for now.


I see your point about the Council verification/Romulan claim stuff and I'm fine with that.

Otherwise looks good.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 14:08:10

Also, MAUL: HELLHEART, because if I wish for it hard enough Q will make it happen, right?
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 15:01:26

Sigh. Trivial server maintenance never seems to actually be trivial like it's supposed to.

Thanks a ton for throwing that post up, DOM. I'm likely to continue being tied up until near the time you leave for the day. Should be able to read periodically and throw out an emergency post if need-be, but no more analysis until after EOD most likely.

Hopefully we'll live through the night. We must have faith in the RNG. :)
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 15:21:19

Well, while we're fairly certain that blindsniper was using Ryvvn (and now San) to spy on different factions, we don't actually believe that he was a "Spy" per se. In fact - we probably think otherwise if we suspect Visigoth. Don't know what that will do to Q, but HH seems to have an every-other-night kill, so we ~theoretically should be safe. The faction nightkills may not recur, or may have been granted us for a completely different reason, hard to say. But yeah, I'm probably more out there on the table than anyone else at this point - the spies now have a very good reason to want me dead, whereas you could be considerably safer.

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 15:26:45

And for now, I'll assume that you don't want/need the Senator bumped up by vote manipulation - about 20 minutes until I'm out the door anyhow.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 15:29:26

DastardlyOldMan wrote:And for now, I'll assume that you don't want/need the Senator bumped up by vote manipulation - about 20 minutes until I'm out the door anyhow.


Yeah, I'm the only vote in the council right now, much to my frustration. I think we'll have to let the vote today go, hopefully my theory about two spies on the Council doesn't hold up. If we do wind up with option B tomorrow we can try the vote manipulation there to combat whatever shenanigans they try to pull.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 15:46:04

Okaros wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:And for now, I'll assume that you don't want/need the Senator bumped up by vote manipulation - about 20 minutes until I'm out the door anyhow.


Yeah, I'm the only vote in the council right now, much to my frustration. I think we'll have to let the vote today go, hopefully my theory about two spies on the Council doesn't hold up. If we do wind up with option B tomorrow we can try the vote manipulation there to combat whatever shenanigans they try to pull.

OK - so what exactly does this mean to us - that the Cardassian Legate is BS'ing the Council?

User avatar
DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4139
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:41:36
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King
Location: Dayton, OH - Eastern Time

Re: Night 7

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 16 Oct 2013, 15:50:45

Thinking about:

"The Cardassian Legate has been adamant that they seered dferrantino as a spy. We believe this is a lie driven by the Cardassian Legate, as he himself is the spy. It may also be done to protect the Federation President, whom could be a second Council spy himself."

But I don't really have time. Giving blindsniper the gesture, for now.

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 16:00:00

DastardlyOldMan wrote:OK - so what exactly does this mean to us - that the Cardassian Legate is BS'ing the Council?



Klingons just voted for the trial-by-combat option. Ugh. Split-vote means a spy-duo can control the vote tomorrow. Thanks Furin! :roll:

I'll try and snipe the Senator onto trial-by-combat if it becomes neccessary, as that's better than the Council controlling the vote.


The lack of Federation and Cardassian votes makes me worry that we really do have a double-spy-on-the-council scenario.


I can make that comment about the Cardassian Legate myself in a few, don't worry about it.


Edit: Or it could be CAD who I'm supposed to be rolling my eyes at, I suppose, but since I think CAD's the spy that wouldn't make any sense unless the spies really aren't working together (which seems really unlikely given the behavior from Augie and the Legate).
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

User avatar
Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4572
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:38:04
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder
Location: Holland, Michigan

Re: Night 7

Postby Okaros » 16 Oct 2013, 16:39:33

Federation President has said Rictus seered Dferr on Night 1.

Yes, seriously. They seered one of their own on Night 1.



Congratulations Omega. By putting the Federation at odds with itself before the game even started I believe that you are the real winner of this game, no matter who technically is declared the winner in the end. :lol:



Edit: <15 minutes to go and still no votes from the Cardassians or Federation in Council. Sinking feeling in my stomach continues to grow.

Edit2: Huh. Last-minute vote by the Legate for c) None of the above. Still nothing from feds.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM


Return to “Romulus”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest