You do not have the Night Kill

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Re: Night 9

Postby Okaros » 17 Oct 2013, 18:45:11

Hey, I was right about Ozy being a sociopath with a disguise power after all! :lol:
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 17 Oct 2013, 20:24:16

So, looks like a whopping 1! death last night, hooray!

Unfortunately, we don't have the maul. Boooooo!

2v2v1v1v1 with a spy on the Klingon team means the Klingons ought to come begging to us again for help and will probably suggest Hellheart for the lynch since we know we want him dead.

Furin vs. Hellheart for the lynch is a really tough call here. Whichever one we save they stand a good chance of accomplishing their goal.

Tentatively I'd say lynch Hellheart just to remove another night-kill, but ugh. Very tough call.

On the plus side, we can probably guess that at least one kill was blocked last night, if not more. Go team power! (or possibly go rekard's power?) I'll be curious to see what, if anything, my power turns up today.

Also very curious to see what's in store for that unused [reserved]. :flail:

Finally, time to celebrate Q-Less day by punching him in the face! C'mere Omega!

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 17 Oct 2013, 20:31:44

Hmm.... Visigoth came calling last night. Interesting.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 17 Oct 2013, 20:34:00

Have we seen this Gul guy, or can we safely assume that's rekard? Anything Trek-wise I should know about that role? And the Cardassians *thought* they only had three players, maybe? Stuff to digest. In the morning.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 17 Oct 2013, 21:05:18

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Have we seen this Gul guy, or can we safely assume that's rekard? Anything Trek-wise I should know about that role? And the Cardassians *thought* they only had three players, maybe? Stuff to digest. In the morning.

Gul is a Cardassian Military rank, roughly the equivalent of Commander or Captain, so it's almost certainly rekard.

Since the Cardassian leader was Damar, the Gul is possibly Gul Dukat but there are other generic Guls out there so it might not be that specific character.

Also, do try to take me with you into whatever secret victory you're about to achieve. CAD was nice enough to do that for me (sort of) the last time i was horribly betrayed by a teammate. :mrgreen:

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 17 Oct 2013, 21:22:47

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Hmm.... Visigoth came calling last night. Interesting.

I suspect that was an attempt to kill you that failed. I expected at one attempt on us last night, so I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't.

Also, I will be really, really surprised if our team power doesn't turn out to be flawed somehow. :p Current guess is that we only see the first visitor each night and/or only on even numbered nights. The pattern is really, really suspicious at this point. :lol:

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 07:11:00

Okaros wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:Hmm.... Visigoth came calling last night. Interesting.

I suspect that was an attempt to kill you that failed. I expected at one attempt on us last night, so I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't.

Also, I will be really, really surprised if our team power doesn't turn out to be flawed somehow. :p Current guess is that we only see the first visitor each night and/or only on even numbered nights. The pattern is really, really suspicious at this point. :lol:

Oh, I assumed that as soon as your power definition was ~refined to only include one result per night; we might defend against everything, but only get one report per night as well.

Also, I never even registered the fact that Ozy sent that anon-PM. That was genius - I kept waiting for Omega to fill the <<Reserved>> space at the beginning of the day.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 09:12:48

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Oh, I assumed that as soon as your power definition was ~refined to only include one result per night; we might defend against everything, but only get one report per night as well.

Also, I never even registered the fact that Ozy sent that anon-PM. That was genius - I kept waiting for Omega to fill the <<Reserved>> space at the beginning of the day.

Yeah. It might've been someone else, but given that Ozy had PM powers similar to Ryvvn's I'm guessing he got the anon-PM as a powerup somewhere along the way. In any case, it was a very nice attempt. :lol:

I'm vaguely nervous about Visi at this point. The notion of him being the last Federation member is based on a number of assumptions that might not be true (including the notion that we'd be told if there was no longer a Federation team left). If the Feds are wiped out, Visi could very well simply be another sociopath, possibly in the same vein as Ozy only on the Fed team, and that would mean yet *another* set of unknown win conditions at work. Ugh!

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 09:18:39

I am 95% certain that Visigoth is the final Federation member. You're just upset because that's the one piece of analysis that I actually got right :lol:

Annnnnd, who to vote for today? What's our strategy here? And again, we get a note specifically calling out that we don't have a nightkill.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 09:29:12

Omega wrote:You do not have the Night Kill

What about now? :flail:

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 09:53:41

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I am 95% certain that Visigoth is the final Federation member. You're just upset because that's the one piece of analysis that I actually got right :lol:

Annnnnd, who to vote for today? What's our strategy here? And again, we get a note specifically calling out that we don't have a nightkill.

Hrrm. I initially wanted Furin dead because Hellheart might do some night-kill work for us, but looking ahead to the scenario for tomorrow that's the wrong choice.

If we lynch Furin today and nobody else dies we have to convince at least one of the three singleton teams tomorrow that killing Hellheart tomorrow is more important than taking us down a peg. Almost certainly not gonna happen.

If we take out Hellheart today, that potentially leaves us squaring off against the Klingons tomorrow. The presence of the Klingon spy should let us get *somebody* on our side, making it a 3v3 vote at worst or (slightly more likely I think) a 4v2 on Furin.

So, we definitely want Hellheart dead today as our last sane chance to lynch him before we're no longer a team of two.

However, I think we should wait a while to see if the Klingons propose that idea (they really ought to. If they don't it's almost certainly a clue towards the spy's victory condition).

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 10:04:12

We *might* also want to go after one of the smaller factions today, but we don't want to be so aggressive that the other one becomes fearful. I was thinking we might Furin dead first as well, but I agree that it puts us in a bad spot tomorrow (depending on the nightkills) if we're 2-1-1-1-1 (I would assume at least one nightkill tonight, however).

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 10:15:37

And there it is, Furin. Holding off for now, though.

If we lynch HH, we're at 2-2-1-1 tomorrow, theoretically. Q certainly wants us chasing the spies more, which would incline me towards FM. I hate to ignore the narrative direction tooo much, that may be Omega's way of telling us they're close to win-condition.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 11:42:15

DastardlyOldMan wrote:And there it is, Furin. Holding off for now, though.

If we lynch HH, we're at 2-2-1-1 tomorrow, theoretically. Q certainly wants us chasing the spies more, which would incline me towards FM. I hate to ignore the narrative direction tooo much, that may be Omega's way of telling us they're close to win-condition.

Oh I definitely consider the spy message a warning. Thing is, I don't see how we come out of going after the spy with any hope of victory outside of random.org. 1v1v1v1v1 end-game with a sociopath on the table? Entertaining for Omega and the dead, I'm sure, but for us? Ugh. :x

If you can think of a good way to talk people into killing Hellheart tomorrow lynching Furin today might be viable, but we'd still be taking an awful risk with Hellheart and any other night-kills on the table.

(With that in mind, we should definitely *not* vote on Furin until near EOD if at all possible. Tipping our hand re: Furin early gives more people a chance to target us with mauls/night-kills)

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 12:17:17

Revealing that we know/knew that Furin had vote manipulation capability might be helpful to us, but we'd basically have to indicate our power (or at least heavily imply it) in order to do that. At this point, I'm not sure that keeping your power a secret (other than not specifying that it's your power specifically) is really necessary.

I'm thinking something like:

"The Romulans are very knowledgable about certain nighttime activities. We know that Furin was seered two nights ago, and that he has both active vote manipulation and passive defensive capabilities. The origin of the additional votes is not hard to identify with that knowledge in hand. <disclaimer that of course the Romulan empire has everyone's best interests in mind and certainly doesn't suggest that lynching a fine Klingon specimen is necessarily the correct option>".

Thoughts? I don't want to be toooo quiet in the day thread today because a) boring and b) it's really in our best interest to generate lots of chatter.

I'm also putting together a post re: if we lynch a Klingon today, the Romulans would be triple-teamed tomorrow, etc., etal., but not sure if that one will see the light of day.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 12:30:24

Annnd, contrary to my misunderstanding, we can still win with Hellheart alive. Not sure where I had thought that was different - I thought we had to remove all of the sociopaths, but I don't see that in the rules - just normal parity. He's still dangerous, sure, but he's just as dangerous to everyone else as he is to us (if not more so, since we may have a better coinflip than everyone else does, dunno - I strongly suspect the team powers are all identical - unless you've seen evidence of another team power in action yet).

Oh, and I can technically silence another faction tonight, I think. After making Visigoth potentially unable to talk to himself yesterday. . . . I can now make it so that someone else can't talk to himself tomorrow! Muahahahahahaha. I wonder if I can target Ionitor with that one.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 12:33:30

Don't forget that we *DO* still have some vote manipulation powers - we can actually come out on top of a 1/1/1/1/1 situation, depending on which of us lives and dies. We probably will *not* survive a 2-against-4 situation.

If at least one non-Romulan is nightkilled tonight, then we technically can push for a tie tomorrow at 2/1/1/1, but I'd be surprised if anyone else was targeted.

Also, HH does still have a defensive capability, so we probably don't want to try mauling him - hard to say (it might be the same coinflip that everyone else has).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 14:01:23

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Annnd, contrary to my misunderstanding, we can still win with Hellheart alive. Not sure where I had thought that was different - I thought we had to remove all of the sociopaths, but I don't see that in the rules - just normal parity.

Yeah. I'm not worried about winning with him alive, I'm worried about him pre-empting our parity-based victory with whatever secret goal he has. Because it's almost certainly not "win via 1v1 parity". :lol:

Haven't had much time to pay attention the game during work hours today, but leaving soon. Will try to catch up in the meantime, particularly with this infodump from Hellheart's part.

Edit: It does appear the Ozy vs. Furin choice was correct yesterday. It seems to have forced at least one night-kill Furin's way.

Edit2: I wonder if Hellheart's kill isn't a coinflip and is instead a conditional. I.e. he only kills certain defined targets. People with night powers, maybe? If so, it's probably vaguely related to his win condition.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 16:10:41

FYI - I'm not ~overly concerned if you find yourself voting opposite me today - it will at least seem to indicate that the Romulans aren't a solid block and that we're ~open to negotiation, to some extent. Still waiting to see where things move, but for now, I'll leave my vote as-is.

Not going to silence anyone tonight, not going to use my vote manipulation unless one of us is in danger. I am concerned that Furin's vote manipulation could be an every-other-day thing (not sure how much power came from penalty and how much came from power, but that was potent), and that if we don't lynch him today, we won't be able to lynch him tomorrow, etc., etal.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 16:15:30

You raise a good point re: Furin's vote power. Ugh, I hadn't thought of that possibility.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 16:19:27

Also, the odds of us voting against each other are practically nil. The only situation that would happen in is a case where it's Furin vs. Hellheart, in which case it would be amusing (for the reasons you listed) but also largely irrelevent (that +1 power vote against Furin yesterday will almost certainly make a reappearance in order to put Furin away).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 16:30:13

I'd vote for Q just out of spite if I didn't think the retaliation for a missed vote might impact things tomorrow. :D :lol:

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 16:42:49

Also - don't forget to, ya know, actually vote :)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 16:49:19

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Also - don't forget to, ya know, actually vote :)

Yeah, I'm trying to keep a careful eye on the clock so I don't get wrapped in RP text and miss the deadline. :lol:

In fact, I'll go prep that Furin vote in a separate window now, just to be sure. If the Klingons were going to move they'd have already done so I think.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 17:01:40

And in the unlikely event Furin really does have a reactive power of that nature, we're boned anyway so it hardly matters. :lol:

Return to “Romulus”