Shred - Night 3

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Shred - Night 3

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Apr 2017, 20:37:06

Finally, a kill!

You tore RaveBomb a new one... such a new one, in fact, that his old one (role) is indecipherable now. Ouch.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Re: Shred - Night 3

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 05 Apr 2017, 20:47:50

MANY apologies for not being around at EOD like I planned. I'm at rehearsal, and I thought I would have a long break...turns out I did, but it didn't start til 15 after EOD.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 05 Apr 2017, 20:54:40

So after Aldax makes his choices, 3 players' factions will be known (I'm counting rekard in that, even though he's not 100% known to be human). Hopefully one of them announces it...or we can try to guess who he would pick.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 05 Apr 2017, 21:08:28

If we hadn't changed the maul (Aldax was our first choice), would the conditional have rolled to our second?

Just want to make sure we're clear.

Also.. well done princess... despite RaveBomb's gambit, you still managed to find the priest.

That makes me really wonder what RB's role really was.

Does his role return to the deck?

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Apr 2017, 21:11:29

7-zark-7 wrote:If we hadn't changed the maul (Aldax was our first choice), would the conditional have rolled to our second?

Just want to make sure we're clear.

Also.. well done princess... despite RaveBomb's gambit, you still managed to find the priest.

That makes me really wonder what RB's role really was.

Does his role return to the deck?

No you would not miss a maul for your first target being detained (it acts like a standard lynch -> conditional maul thing).

Rave's role was shredded, so it does not return to the deck; only detained and ejected roles are returned (for use in the Prince ability).

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 06 Apr 2017, 06:00:21

I've created a brain dump / discussion area for roles. For the guard ability to have greater value, we need to track roles which may have been elimitanted like RB's

Can you further explain this one?

Clarification request wrote:Handmaid (x1): If detained, may privately choose any other player, and that player may not be detained that day nor mauled that night. If they win the day's vote, the selection will bump to second place; if they are selected for maul, Handmaid returned to play and the last selecting wolf ejected instead.

Use of semicolon vs comma prefacing the maul is of interest given distinctions in maul rules since first written & I don't want to assume what I might otherwise assume.

What more can you tell us about this role and can you eliminate it as a possible role for RB given that last sentence?

Thank you, and more in a bit,

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Apr 2017, 10:11:30

The they in Handmaid refers to a detained Handmaid's selected player to protect.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 06 Apr 2017, 11:07:04

Ryvvn wrote:The they in Handmaid refers to a detained Handmaid's selected player to protect.

Clarification request wrote:Handmaid (x1): If detained, may privately choose any other player, and that player may not be detained that day nor mauled that night. If they (the handmaid's target) win the day's vote, the selection will bump to second place; if they (the handmaid's target)are selected for maul, Handmaid returned to play and the last selecting wolf ejected instead.

Can you validate the above & confirm the logic facing maul (the one I care more about):
Day X - Handmaid is detained & choses Player FOO to protect

Option 1: Day/Night Y - Wolf BAR chooses CONDITIONALS FOO>SALLY to maul.
Day/Night Y end of day processing = FOO is not mauled, conditional SALLY is not processed, Handmaiden is returned to play, WOLF BAR is ejected.

Option 2: Day/Night Y - Lynch choses Player FOO to detain. Wolf BAR chooses CONDITIONALS FOO>SALLY to maul.
Day/Night Y end of day processing, FOO is not detained, Second place is detained Handmaiden is ~NOT~ returned to play, WOLF BAR is not impacted, player SALLY is mauled.

This becomes an order of operations question as FOO in option 2 was a valid lynch candidate & our conditional ~should~ kick in & roll to Sally as our conditionals are traditionally based upon visible lynch stuff. I primarily want to ensure conditionals do what we think they will. SALLY also wants this, although she may not appreciate it the way FCM and I will.

I'm not a rules lawyer, but I play one in TV. Not on TV - I work behind the scenes.

More in a bit,

7z7

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 06 Apr 2017, 11:50:48

I'm having the same concerns. My head is spinning trying to think of when conditionals should stop or keep rolling.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Apr 2017, 12:07:55

Let me work this out:

Day X:
Handmaid Omega is detained.
Random other player is mauled.

Day Y:
Handmaid Omega chooses player Okaros to protect.
Wolf Dferr chooses players Okaros->DOM to maul.
Okaros wins the vote to be detained.
A player must firmly be decided for detention before moving on to resolving the maul, so the town vote bumps to second place Ozy.
The selected maul now lands on non-detained and protected Okaros, so wolf Dferr is ejected and Handmaid Omega is returned to play.

Alternatively

Day X:
Handmaid Omega is detained.
Random other player is mauled.

Day Y:
Handmaid Omega chooses player Okaros to protect.
Wolf Dferr chooses players DOM->Okaros to maul.
DOM wins the vote to be detained.
Standard conditional rules apply so the selected maul now lands on protected Okaros, so wolf Dferr is ejected and Handmaid Omega is returned to play.

I think, in other words, watch those conditionals if a Handmaid is ever detained.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 06 Apr 2017, 13:04:51

FCM, thoughts on what Ravebomb was? As guards, we need to track what we may need to point to in order to get out of detention.

More in a bit,

7z7

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 06 Apr 2017, 14:56:05

So Rave may have been a priest after all. My vote is that he was a priest or handmaid. Or that he was just spouting out random flavor text.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 06 Apr 2017, 15:35:38

Either would fit, I agree.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Apr 2017, 18:17:12

Just under 2 hours left until EoD, no maul has been submitted yet!

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 06 Apr 2017, 18:45:27

:
#Vote for: Gungnir > Admetus > stdio > blindsniper

Zark, your thoughts?

Not sure how many people we need in the conditional. 4 should be safe, yeah?

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 06 Apr 2017, 19:01:39

Approved. Was about to post pretty much the same thing...

Not sure how many people we need in the conditional. 4 should be safe, yeah?

Gods help us if it's not.

PS: Zark Enjoyed drink-time with the team... I wasn't joking about the days events. We're good. We're damn good. But even the best idiot proof system creates a challenge to nature: create a better idiot.

Moire in a bit,

7z7

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Apr 2017, 20:02:07

Night has ended.

Return to “The Discourteous”