Postby Ryvvn » 09 Apr 2017, 20:31:35

Goodnight sweet prince.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Shred - Night 6

Postby 7-zark-7 » 09 Apr 2017, 21:26:25

So - please correct my assumption: Chris is the only unresolved player FCM can chose at this point, now that Hellheart's gone all baron, right?

Although I'm not counting her out, I wish RND had gone the other way - she's got a better chance as lone wolf

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 09 Apr 2017, 21:33:09

7-zark-7 wrote:So - please correct my assumption: Chris is the only unresolved player FCM can chose at this point, now that Hellheart's gone all baron, right?

Although I'm not counting her out, I wish RND had gone the other way - she's got a better chance as lone wolf

More in a bit,

7z7

I was thinking the same thing. If I'm killed, The attention is going to go back to you rather quickly

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 09 Apr 2017, 21:35:03

I can either choose Chris or you.

do I sacrifice myself and guess your role incorrectly, possibly leaving you with some cred once I'm gone?

Or is that too obvious, and I should try to actually guess what Chris is?

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 09 Apr 2017, 21:44:19

if can make my guard guess correctly, I am so tempted to claim that I was one of Aldax's chosen.

I'm really surprised that nobody has stepped forward yet, and if nobody does now that we're at Lynch or lose, it's almost guaranteed that those people were killed before they could do so

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 09 Apr 2017, 21:50:36

Not sure on the aldax's chosen or not. Same for Chris. We need to think about order of operations though.

Since lynch is processed first, Rekard is eligible for lynch, right? but since the princess's power manifests next day, if we lose FCM, rekard can bounce back out again.

What about mauling rekard?

Ryvvn wrote:Order of Ops:
  • Day/Night close
  • Check for effects which alter a currently detained player being ejected
    • (e.g. guard, baron, prince, king, countess, or princess)
    • Process returning player (if exists)
    • Process ejected player (dead)
  • Check for effects which alter the vote winner moving to detention
    • (e.g. handmaid)
    • Process detained player (not dead yet)
  • Check for effects which alter the viability of the maul
    • (e.g. handmaid, princess, or if target currently detained)
    • Process the mauled player (dead)
  • Day/Night open
    • Reveal the faction (and role if unrevealed) of the ejected
    • Reveal the role card of the currently detained
    • Reveal the faction (only) of the mauled

Fuck. That reads the way I think it does... doesn't it? Emphasis mine

More in a bit,

7z7
Last edited by 7-zark-7 on 09 Apr 2017, 23:27:42, edited 4 times in total.
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 09 Apr 2017, 21:53:02

The Fairy Catmother wrote:if can make my guard guess correctly, I am so tempted to claim that I was one of Aldax's chosen.

I'm really surprised that nobody has stepped forward yet, and if nobody does now that we're at Lynch or lose, it's almost guaranteed that those people were killed before they could do so

More I think about this -- don't. If Aldax chose a maul candidate plus Rekard, he's the type to have held onto that until now rather than give it up early in the hopes of catching one or both of us.

More in a bit,

7z7

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 09 Apr 2017, 21:59:25

That withholding bastard.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 09 Apr 2017, 22:16:40

The Fairy Catmother wrote:I can either choose Chris or you.

do I sacrifice myself and guess your role incorrectly, possibly leaving you with some cred once I'm gone?

Or is that too obvious, and I should try to actually guess what Chris is?

Hmm... Chris & I are the only unresolved players - if you ask which the remaining players want you to chose, it's an interesting option.

As a human, it's a worthwhile data point. As a wolf, it's pretty conniving once you reveal, & may make people wonder who is counseling you.

I'll ask here, do I have that sort of reputation? I suspect I'm remembered more for my flavortext.

It doesn't really mean you have to guess either way

more in a bit,

7z7

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 09 Apr 2017, 22:23:00

When we think of you, the flavor text is certainly the first thing that comes to mind. Perhaps you also have a reputation for being conniving, but I don't think it would be an obvious link.

I like that option.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 09 Apr 2017, 22:29:55

I think you have the best read on me of everyone. kind of why I picked you. That and you keep shooting me in the head... I figured it was the best way to make it through day 4

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 10 Apr 2017, 00:18:51

We can't know the roles of the players we've mauled, but we can do the math on roles we've seen - of our four mauls, 3 are role unknown/shredded - stdio's role as prince is known.

Of interest, the last remaining "Basic Deck" roles of King or Handmaiden are either out of the game already (admetus, gungnir, ravebomb), or in the hands of ChrisWulf.

(necessary caveat - I'm not good with probabilities - but I can do process of elimination)

[+] Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain
Day 6 Game Reveals:
Player hellheart (human) has been ejected; the Baron role card has been discarded.
Player blind -- The Guard -- has returned to normal play.
Player fcm -- The Guard -- has been detained.
Player stdio -- The Prince (human) has been shredded (my edit for clarity

Day 5 Game Reveals:
Player jrsthethird (human) has been ejected; the Countess role card has been discarded.
Player stdio -- The Prince -- has returned to normal play.
Player blindsniper -- The Guard -- has been detained.
Player admetus (human) has been shredded. ROLE UNKNOWN

Day 4 Game Reveals:
Player aldax (human) has been ejected; the Priest role card has been discarded.
Player jrsthethird -- The Countess -- has been detained.
Player stdio -- The Prince -- has joined jrsthethird in detention.
Player gungnir (human) has been shredded. ROLE UNKNOWN

Day 3 Game Reveals:
Player aldax -- The Priest -- has been detained.
Player ravebomb (human) has been shredded. ROLE UNKNOWN

Day 2 Game Reveals:
Player rekard -- The Princess -- has been detained.
Due to the order of operations (see rules thread), for this day only, I must state that at the time of placement in detention, rekard was human.
A second wolf has been selected; proper mauls will begin tonight.

The roles and their royal values are as follows:
  • 1. Guard (2): If detained, may publicly choose an unrevealed player and publicly guess their role (other than guard); that player (or GM) will respond either "yes" or "no"; if correct, that player gets ejected at the end of the day instead.
    Max of 3 including the "expansion pack" below all accounted for - FCM, Zark & Blindsniper
  • 2. Priest (x1): If detained, may privately choose two other players, and those players will be privately informed of each other's roles and factions. Priest will still be ejected at the end of the day.
    Aldax for Priest Prime - There may be another
  • 3. Baron (x1): If detained, may privately choose any other player, and if their value is lower than that day's vote winner (as determined and revealed by GM), the chosen player will be ejected at the end of the day instead.
    Hellheart for Baron Prime - There may be another
  • 4. Handmaid (x1): If detained, may privately choose any other player, and that player may not be detained that day nor mauled that night. If they win the day's vote, the selection will bump to second place; if they are selected for maul, Handmaid returned to play and the last selecting wolf ejected instead.
    NEVER SEEN & max of 2 = either ChrisWulf or Mauled
  • 5. Prince (x1): If detained, may publicly choose any other player to discard their current role, and then Prince's discarded as well; both players given a replacement from the discarded roles, and if the chosen player becomes a prince, they will be ejected at the end of day instead.
    Aldax for Prince Prime - There may be another
  • 6. King (x1): If detained, may privately choose any other player to trade roles with; new role will be publicly revealed, and may then use the traded power immediately.
    NEVER SEEN & max of 1 = either ChrisWulf or Mauled
  • 7. Countess (x1): If detained, will bring along the second place vote to join in detention; that player's role will be revealed but they may not use their power. If that player is the King or Prince, Countess will be ejected at the end of the day; if that player is any other role, they will be ejected at the end of the day instead.
    JRStheThird = Max of 1 - no "expansion pack" below
  • 8. Princess (x1): If a wolf, may not be killed until the other wolf has died; if human, may not be killed unless it results in wolves reaching parity. If detained, faction will be publicly revealed. During detention, the Princess holds the sole vote for that day; the players may discuss and persuade her vote, but only the Princess vote will count that day. If not eligible to be killed, will be returned to standard play at the end of the day.
    Rekard = Max of 1 - no "expansion pack" below

Game Specific Clarifications:
  • Being detained only disallows that player from the day vote; if that player is a wolf, they may (and should) still log a maul vote.
  • The Prince's ability only utilizes the cards from previously ejected players (considered discarded), not the mauled players (considered shredded).
  • The listing and count of roles above only shows 9, but there are currently 12 players, and so three of the following roles will be randomly chosen to increase their number by one (the chosen roles will not be publicly revealed)
      Guard = Fully resolved
      Two remain - one each from the following

• Priest
    • Baron
    • Handmaid
    • Prince

I'm reading a fair amount into Ravebomb's volunteering to be detained. That doesn't read handmaid to me. Either Priest (hey, I get a two shot seer) or King (swap with Rekard = game immortality until final 5) have a significant payload. Prince is a very Ravebomb role as well, however.

Turning in now, but wanted to get this out there for discussion if you pick Chris - at the very least, we can use this to narrow the options a little...

More in a bit,

7z7

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 10 Apr 2017, 09:28:59

This matches everything I had in my notes on my phone, although yours is much more nicely laid out and elegant than mine
I do think it's very likely that Ravebomb was a second priest, although it's possible he was any of the roles that would be helpful to lynch.
Because we know there is only one king, but there's a possibility there could be more than one handmaid, I'm going to guess handmaid.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 10 Apr 2017, 11:16:05

The Fairy Catmother wrote:This matches everything I had in my notes on my phone, although yours is much more nicely laid out and elegant than mine

I made it for royalty. It's all elegant and shit.

I do think it's very likely that Ravebomb was a second priest, although it's possible he was any of the roles that would be helpful to lynch.
Because we know there is only one king, but there's a possibility there could be more than one handmaid, I'm going to guess handmaid.

Good luck!

More in a bit,

7z7

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 10 Apr 2017, 11:55:48

Dammit. Chris is probably the King then.

Rekard seems to trust you. Hopefully you can keep that up.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 10 Apr 2017, 15:22:59

The winning team is likely going to come down to a power...if Chris is detained, he can use his power.
If he's the King (that would be my next guess), the only person left for him to choose is you, Zark. He becomes the guard, you become King, he then uses his new guard power and guesses that you're the new King. You are ejected.
If he's another role, he still could fuck with us.

If Blind is detained, he has you and Chris to choose from. He can't guess your role, so with any outcome, a human would be ejected after Blindsniper's guess.

I suggest you vote for Blind and hope Chris and rekard do as well.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 10 Apr 2017, 15:25:38

If Blind is detained again, we win the game. You maul Chris tonight.

Then Blind can ONLY guess you, but he's not allowed to guess guard.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 10 Apr 2017, 17:28:50

Day 6 Game Reveals:
Player hellheart (human) has been ejected; the Baron role card has been discarded.
Player blind -- The Guard -- has returned to normal play.
Player fcm -- The Guard -- has been detained.
Player stdio -- The Prince (human) has been shredded (my edit for clarity

Day 5 Game Reveals:
Player jrsthethird (human) has been ejected; the Countess role card has been discarded.
Player stdio -- The Prince -- has returned to normal play.
Player blindsniper -- The Guard -- has been detained.
Player admetus (human) has been shredded. ROLE UNKNOWN

Day 4 Game Reveals:
Player aldax (human) has been ejected; the Priest role card has been discarded.
Player jrsthethird -- The Countess -- has been detained.
Player stdio -- The Prince -- has joined jrsthethird in detention.
Player gungnir (human) has been shredded. ROLE UNKNOWN

Day 3 Game Reveals:
Player aldax -- The Priest -- has been detained.
Player ravebomb (human) has been shredded. ROLE UNKNOWN

Day 2 Game Reveals:
Player rekard -- The Princess -- has been detained.
Due to the order of operations (see rules thread), for this day only, I must state that at the time of placement in detention, rekard was human.
A second wolf has been selected; proper mauls will begin tonight.

The roles and their royal values are as follows:
  • 1. Guard (2): If detained, may publicly choose an unrevealed player and publicly guess their role (other than guard); that player (or GM) will respond either "yes" or "no"; if correct, that player gets ejected at the end of the day instead.
    FCM, & Blindsniper for Guard Prime - There may be another
  • 2. Priest (x1): If detained, may privately choose two other players, and those players will be privately informed of each other's roles and factions. Priest will still be ejected at the end of the day.
    Aldax for Priest Prime - There may be another
  • 3. Baron (x1): If detained, may privately choose any other player, and if their value is lower than that day's vote winner (as determined and revealed by GM), the chosen player will be ejected at the end of the day instead.
    Hellheart for Baron Prime - There may be another
  • 4. Handmaid (x1): If detained, may privately choose any other player, and that player may not be detained that day nor mauled that night. If they win the day's vote, the selection will bump to second place; if they are selected for maul, Handmaid returned to play and the last selecting wolf ejected instead.
    NEVER SEEN & max of 2 NOT ChrisWulf. Maybe Mauled
  • 5. Prince (x1): If detained, may publicly choose any other player to discard their current role, and then Prince's discarded as well; both players given a replacement from the discarded roles, and if the chosen player becomes a prince, they will be ejected at the end of day instead.
    Aldax for Prince Prime - There may be another
  • 6. King (x1): If detained, may privately choose any other player to trade roles with; new role will be publicly revealed, and may then use the traded power immediately.
    NEVER SEEN & max of 1 = either ChrisWulf or Mauled
  • 7. Countess (x1): If detained, will bring along the second place vote to join in detention; that player's role will be revealed but they may not use their power. If that player is the King or Prince, Countess will be ejected at the end of the day; if that player is any other role, they will be ejected at the end of the day instead.
    JRStheThird = Max of 1 - no "expansion pack" below
  • 8. Princess (x1): If a wolf, may not be killed until the other wolf has died; if human, may not be killed unless it results in wolves reaching parity. If detained, faction will be publicly revealed. During detention, the Princess holds the sole vote for that day; the players may discuss and persuade her vote, but only the Princess vote will count that day. If not eligible to be killed, will be returned to standard play at the end of the day.
    Rekard = Max of 1 - no "expansion pack" below

Game Specific Clarifications:
  • Being detained only disallows that player from the day vote; if that player is a wolf, they may (and should) still log a maul vote.
  • The Prince's ability only utilizes the cards from previously ejected players (considered discarded), not the mauled players (considered shredded).
  • The listing and count of roles above only shows 9, but there are currently 12 players, and so three of the following roles will be randomly chosen to increase their number by one (the chosen roles will not be publicly revealed)
      Two remain - one each from the following
    • Guard
    • Priest
    • Baron
    • Handmaid
    • Prince

I read a fair amount into Ravebomb's volunteering to be detained. Either Priest (hey, I get a two shot seer) or King (swap with Rekard = game immortality until final 5) have a significant payload. Prince is a very Ravebomb role as well, however.

More in a bit,

7z7

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 10 Apr 2017, 17:53:29

#Vote for: chriswolf > Blindsniper > Rekard

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 10 Apr 2017, 18:09:15

I really don't understand why recard is not concerned about Chris. If he really thinks Chris is a Wolfe, it's likely that Chris is the King, or another rule that a wolf could use against the humans.

I think it's dangerous for me to push this, because I don't think he trusts me.

But what he is doing honestly doesn't make sense if he thinks Chris is an under the radar Wolfe

Also, if I were human, the game would be ending tonight. Actually, it would have ended as soon as Ryvvn was able to post the game resolution. And I'm afraid to continue posting, lest people realize that because Ryvvn did not in the game early, I must be a Wolfe

( posting for my car intermittently at stoplights, hence the many misspellings )

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 10 Apr 2017, 18:12:37

If I was a human, my logic would be something like this: no matter what happens today and tonight, the game will not go past tomorrow. In other words, whoever we detain today will never be ejected from the game.
So the question for the Lynch is not "who do I think is a wolf "but "whose power do I want to see used tomorrow?"

It's just driving me nuts, because this logic should be working in our favor right now, and it's not.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 10 Apr 2017, 18:16:16

Actually, that would've been my logic throughout the entire game. That's what the human should've done. Asked for one important role reveal per day, and detained that person. That way they could have used their powers right from the beginning. ( and probably gotten bald the next day, but that's better than being mauled without getting to use the power at all. )
Sorry to be filling up the space here. this is eally talk for the dead Thread.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 10 Apr 2017, 20:01:45

Night has ended.

Return to “The Discourteous”