Page 1 of 1

Day 7

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 17:30:22
by Omega
There will be a proposal later today.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 18:11:27
by Legate Damar
Okaros and Visigoth are not spies.

dferrantino is a spy.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 18:16:57
by Legate Damar
Hellheart is a Sociopath with an offensive power and a passive defensive power.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 18:23:40
by Chancellor Kmpec
So we have Spies as well as Sociopaths. It still doesn't change the fact that the Cardassians have only lost one man so far.

The Klingon Empire will be targeting blindsniper today unless the Romulans disagree.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 18:32:55
by Senator Letant
Chancellor Kmpec wrote:So we have Spies as well as Sociopaths. It still doesn't change the fact that the Cardassians have only lost one man so far.

The Klingon Empire will be targeting blindsniper today unless the Romulans disagree.


We agree. The original plan holds. While clearly there is some merit to this spy discussion, the Romulan Empire feels that can take tertiary priority.

Our suggested priorities for the immediate future:
1) Reduce the Cardassian powebase to reasonable equality by eliminating the mad scientist known as Blindsniper.
2) Eliminate the Sociopath Hellheart, either by assassination tonight or by lynch tomorrow. As much as it disgusts us, we reluctantly confirm that Hellheart is a sociopath. Our own results have indicated as much, and we know this to be true.
3) Deal with the spies. We are analyzing our records and, while the proof of the existance of a separate spy faction cannot be denied, we do not yet trust the word of Legate Damar with regards to who the spies are and are not. We may have more to share on this at a later time once our analysis is complete.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 15 Oct 2013, 18:39:11
by Senator Letant
We should also point out that eliminating Blindsniper today may potentially reveal him to be the Cardassian spy. Wouldn't it be nice to have that bonus power?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 06:14:12
by Jaresh-Inyo
Do we have any more information on these spies? Are they working against their teams or do they simply have their own agenda?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 06:22:19
by Jaresh-Inyo
More importantly Senator Letant, was Augie assigned to your team or was he a Romulan mole on another team?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 06:26:12
by Senator Letant
Jaresh-Inyo wrote:Do we have any more information on these spies? Are they working against their teams or do they simply have their own agenda?


Agent Red went off-mission in only a single case, we are working on analyzing the implications of this event. Otherwise, she was a model agent. Or an agent model, it's hard to tell which with her methods. In either case, she was diligent in her assigned duties and, aside from the event we mentioned, showed unwavering support for the Romulan cause from the very beginning.

Based on the already-completed portions of our analysis, our current belief is that the spies are likely looking to create a situation where they have parity with non-spies.

We also believe that the Legate may be mixing truths with falsehoods in order to better his own faction's position. We caution against accepting everything he says about the spies as fact without validation.



OOC-for-clarity: Augie was assigned as part of our team from the beginning.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 07:20:42
by Senator Letant
We have a question for the Legate:

When did you learn of dferrantino's nature?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 08:22:47
by Jaresh-Inyo
Senator Letant wrote:Based on the already-completed portions of our analysis, our current belief is that the spies are likely looking to create a situation where they have parity with non-spies.

We believe the spies are, in fact, working against each other.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 08:24:15
by Jaresh-Inyo
Kmpec, has Furin come forward with any information regarding his objectives?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 08:25:29
by Senator Letant
Jaresh-Inyo wrote:We believe the spies are, in fact, working against each other.


Can you share details on what leads you to that belief? The oddities in Agent Red's behavior would seem to contradict that on the surface.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 09:06:46
by Jaresh-Inyo
Senator Letant wrote:
Jaresh-Inyo wrote:We believe the spies are, in fact, working against each other.


Can you share details on what leads you to that belief? The oddities in Agent Red's behavior would seem to contradict that on the surface.

We pulled the files on one of the spies. Their powers were specifically geared towards protecting against the actions of other spies.

What did Augie do that went against the grain, and could it be interpreted as either self-preservation or an attempt to locate another spy?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 09:37:18
by Omega
Your proposal for today,

Option 1) - The two top vote getters in the day thread will engage in combat (Similar to the episode "Code of Honor*") in which the loser will die, permanently,


or

Option 2) - The Lynch will instead be decided here, and the voters in the Day Thread will instead be voting for a powerup.




[OOC* - Yes, I realize that is one of the worst Trek episodes ever.]

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 10:46:26
by Senator Letant
Qmega, do those effects apply to *today's* lynch or tomorrow's lynch?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 10:48:36
by Legate Damar
Q. To be clear on this. Are we forced then to take one of the choices?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 10:53:04
by Senator Letant
Jaresh-Inyo wrote:We pulled the files on one of the spies. Their powers were specifically geared towards protecting against the actions of other spies.

What did Augie do that went against the grain, and could it be interpreted as either self-preservation or an attempt to locate another spy?


We choose not to disclose the details of Agent Red's activities at this time in order to maintain operational security.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 10:57:46
by Omega
Senator Letant wrote:Qmega, do those effects apply to *today's* lynch or tomorrow's lynch?


Tomorrow's.

Legate Damar wrote:Q. To be clear on this. Are we forced then to take one of the choices?


You can vote for "None of the Above"

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 11:01:50
by Senator Letant
The Romulan Empire votes None of the Above.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 11:40:31
by Senator Letant
Jaresh-Inyo wrote:We pulled the files on one of the spies. Their powers were specifically geared towards protecting against the actions of other spies.


So, you know the identity of one of the spies. Can you confirm whether the Cardassian Legate is lying in any of his statements about various people being spies or not?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 11:53:33
by Jaresh-Inyo
Senator Letant wrote:
Jaresh-Inyo wrote:We pulled the files on one of the spies. Their powers were specifically geared towards protecting against the actions of other spies.


So, you know the identity of one of the spies. Can you confirm whether the Cardassian Legate is lying in any of his statements about various people being spies or not?

We can confirm that Hellheart is not a spy, but cannot confirm that he's a Sociopath (RIP Rictus). We are still collecting information pertaining to the rest, but believe that their read on dferrantino instead incriminates FurinMirado.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 12:06:16
by Legate Damar
We do not lie Senator. Our information has been retrieved through trusted channels. We feel that we have given enough information to help find the spies. It is now your turn to exchange information so everyone can gather information in a better way. You giving information yesterday barely makes up for the trickery you attempted to pull on Day 2.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 12:07:25
by Senator Letant
Legate Damar wrote:We do not lie Senator. Our information has been retrieved through trusted channels. We feel that we have given enough information to help find the spies. It is now your turn to exchange information so everyone can gather information more reliably. You giving information yesterday barely makes up for the trickery you attempted to pull on Day 2.


So you refuse to specify when you received your information on dferrantino?

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 12:19:32
by Legate Damar
So you refuse to explain your doubts about Agent Red?

Both can play this game Senator. And I have already handed more cards to the table than you have on this matter. If I were you I would lose that accusatory tone and start cooperating.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 12:47:14
by Senator Letant
Legate Damar wrote:So you refuse to explain your doubts about Agent Red?


Yes. We've already stated as much.

Both can play this game Senator. And I have already handed more cards to the table than you have on this matter. If I were you I would lose that accusatory tone and start cooperating.


We have a spy from our ranks dead. You yourself stated that there are only 4, one from each team. Since our line of inquiry is specifically seeking to confirm your accusation that dferrantino is a spy you have no reason to refuse to answer. Assuming, of course, that you actually wish to hunt the spies as you claim.



Gentlemen, by the definition provided by Cardassians the Romulan Empire is secure from spies. The rest of you are not. Therefore we will *not* be providing information to this Council that we believe will be of use to the spy faction until we have verified certain facts. If the Cardassians will not provide simple details to back up their claims we will find our answers elsewhere.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 13:10:57
by Legate Damar
Your attitude is duly noted Senator. So be it.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 15:31:26
by Chancellor Kmpec
The Klingon Empire chooses Option 1. We will gladly die in honourable single combat.

The Klingon Empire is unified in its objectives.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 16:12:09
by Jaresh-Inyo
I have a feeling it's our Legate who's the spy.

dferrantino was swapped with another player last night. Once I find out who that was, I believe we have our culprit. Still waiting for an answer, though.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 16:22:41
by Jaresh-Inyo
Additionally, he was seered by Rictus on the first night and didn't come back as a spy, so unless someone was disrupting the vision, it can't be him.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 16:32:08
by Senator Letant
Jaresh-Inyo wrote:Additionally, he was seered by Rictus on the first night and didn't come back as a spy, so unless someone was disrupting the vision, it can't be him.


You Federation fools continue to baffle us. Seering one of your own during the first night is such a ludicrous waste of resources. It's clear to us that your lack of a currency has made you lose track of the value of even basic things like time and effort.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 16:57:05
by Legate Damar
None of the Above.

Re: Day 7

Posted: 16 Oct 2013, 16:59:51
by Jaresh-Inyo
Option 2.