Alternatively named: How many times can we kill DOM?
I thought it would be fun to host a TWG where everyone has the role of Lover. Because why not? I wasn't sure if it would work very well, but it was hosted once before in the mists of the past on the Tales and worked as intended then. Originally it was going to be entirely vanilla, but that poses a few problems in terms of balance and endgame.
So instead, there will be a very few roles, but they will likely all be outlined here for discussion and balancing. This is not a game intended to have hidden roles or surprises but there is one. Roles will depend on however many players sign up.
Basically, if you're looking for a nice balanced vanilla TWG experience, this probably isn't for you. Like the Backwards game I ran before, I just want to see what happens with this roleset and give people a chance to have a break. I would like at least 12 players for this game to run.
- PMs entirely open. Everyone can PM everyone at any point in the game. Lets see what that does.
- You will know the identity of your lover from the game beginning and he/she will know you. You will not know their role though.
- If your lover dies, you die.
- Lovers will be randomised. Wolves and Humans can and likely will be lovers.
- Lover Victory can be attained: a human and a wolf as lovers can win together.
- Wolves will have a forum
- Wolves will NOT have a nightkill. Otherwise four people would die per night. And wolves might well have trouble finding anyone to maul what with some of their lovers being human. Wolves may be given a one-time vigilante to compensate for this depending on player count.
- No Vampires (to ease twdogs fears)
- No twdogs (to ease the Vampire's fears)
Potential Special Roles
The following are my thoughts and are as yet undecided as I will need to know player numbers before adding them.
Bigamist wrote:The Bigamist - Has two lovers. Only dies when both lovers are dead. His/Her lovers are not told that he is a Bigamist
Vengeful wrote:The Vengeful Lover - If your partner dies, you will die as well, but you get to select someone else to feel your vengeance and take down with you. It does not have to be a person that voted for you. This power does not work if you are lynched. Only your partner.
Backup wrote:The Backup Lover - You've always loved insertchildhoodcrushhere but he has never had time for you. He doesn't even know you exist. While he lives, you live. But if his real lover has a nasty accident, then you can step in and save him before he dies of a broken heart. You will replace his lover and he will be informed that you are his new lover.
You cannot tell him that you are his lover or face the Wrath of God. If the the game ends and you are not his Lover you will not win. Kill your rival in love.
All of the roles can be both wolf and human aligned.
This game will start next Wednesday 13th if enough people join up by then. It shall end at times hopefully suitable to many of you cavaliers from across the seas.
Mister E. Meat