Night 7

Postby Omega » 15 Oct 2013, 17:29:27

Welcome back!

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Night 7

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 17:37:58

Well well well. Ozy, how did you knkw there were spies?

Second, can you post your whole role verbatim now? I aleays have been suspecting there should be more as almost any others is a very elaborate one and yours is relatively simpler. There should be some other detail around.

Also I think Omega's definition of a mole is pretty much a weird one.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 17:40:18

Omega wrote:You are Elim Garak.

- If you are Seered by another player, you will return as a member of their faction, you are after all a masterful gardener, tailor and probably a spy.

- You may PM any number of players per day of messages of 140 characters or less, they may not respond.

- Finally, if the Gul discovers your identity, there is a 50% chance that the bomb you'be placed in your bunk will kill him before he can kill you.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 17:41:34

I'll post my personal victory goal shortly, so don't do anything rash, rekard.

After all, if you PM an identification of me to Omega, there's a 50% chance that you'll die instead of me.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 17:43:35

This is what I was told when I returned on Day 3:

Omega wrote:Ah, right, put you on the back burner since you were out of commission yesterday.

Given Garak's complicated past and relationship with Cardassia, you have a couple of different ways to win.

1) Follow your father's path and reclaim the Obsidian Order as your own - Eliminate the other faction's spies, you do not necessarily have to eliminate the Obsidian Order member for this (After day 3 the other spies will know of each other and be working towards this goal)
2) Outlast everyone else (The Sociopath win condition)

Remember, you will Seer as the Seer's own faction in most cases

Also, as other spies use their powers (after Day 3) you will be informed of all of their uses, and the results of their Seer visions (if any.)

You will receive details of the Spies' mission when they receive them.

In the case of win condition 1, the Gul will be told he has failed in his pursuit, as the Order will protect you against him.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 17:45:53

Omega TO OZY wrote:This is informational for you, based on your role. As noted there are 4 other spies on the planet, here is their goal information.

Omega TO SPIES wrote:As noted in your role PM, you are a member of the Obsidian Order.

The spy’s of the other factions are really stirring up trouble and I want you to identify them.

In order to accomplish this, I’ll give you a suite a powers, which only work against other spies.
1) 3 player Seers (Will reveal spy/non-spy)
2) 2 Vigilante strikes (only work against Spies)
3) 1 Self Protection (only against other spy powers)

For every spy you identify and kill (or have killed by other members of your team, or participate in their lynch) you will receive information about their faction.
If you complete the mission in its entirety, I’ll give you a personal power up.

I would recommend not mentioning this to your faction.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 17:50:32

Night-by-night Spy seering results:

Omega ABOUT NIGHT 3 wrote:Wasabi and DastardlyOldMan were seen as non-spies.

Omega ABOUT NIGHT 4 wrote:DastardlyOldMan was seen and was not found in any available database.

Ozymandias wrote:
Omega wrote:DastardlyOldMan was seen and was not found in any available database.

So just to be clear ... On Night 3 DOM was Seered as a Non-Spy, but on Night 4 he was Seered as the equivalent of "No Result"?

Omega ABOUT NIGHT 4 wrote:Flavor Text. Clarification: DastardlyOldMan is not a spy.

Omega ABOUT NIGHT 5 wrote:Hellheart and San are not spies. (Though, Spy status would be revealed upon death, so I am not counting that as a usage)

Omega ABOUT NIGHT 6 wrote:Visigoth and Okaros were seen, they are not spies.

You were shot at. The shot failed. (You are after all a Tailor... or a Gardener)
Last edited by Ozymandias on 16 Oct 2013, 10:39:42, edited 2 times in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 17:53:00

So there you have it.

Now you all know everything I know.

rekard, I know I am your enemy but you are not mine.

If I wanted you dead, I could have PM'ed other teams that you were immune to night kills, and you almost certainly would have been lynched by now.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 15 Oct 2013, 18:02:58, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 17:59:30

So I have been told that DOM, Hellheart, Okaros, (San), and Visigoth are not spies.

That leaves three players for two spy spots on other teams: Furin, CAD, and dferrantino.

I believe Furin and CAD are on the same team, which means dferrantino is the most likely spy.

Additionally, I think Blindsniper is the most likely Cardassian spy, based on the relative lack of spy activity while he was immobilized and out of the game.

Blindsniper, care to share?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 18:05:28

Uhm. I have no idea why you are my enemy. I thought Garak was in Federation maybe because he helped the Federation according to the wiki, The only thing I was told to do is I have to identify Garak for a powerup. No death involved.So I do not know why there should be fear.

If your description is correct, this means that all this time I was guessing, if I hit the spot, I had 50% of dying without me knowing? That sucks if true. I even almost tried a ploy yesterday that a Cardassian was hidden among other factions since Garak is not exactly with Cardassia Prime. I was going to name Garak.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 18:08:41

rekard wrote:Uhm. I have no idea why you are my enemy. I thought Garak was in Federation maybe because he helped the Federation according to the wiki, The only thing I was told to do is I have to identify Garak for a powerup. No death involved.So I do not know why there should be fear.

If your description is correct, this means that all this time I was guessing, if I hit the spot, I had 50% of dying without me knowing? That sucks if true. I even almost tried a ploy yesterday that a Cardassian was hidden among other factions since Garak is not exactly with Cardassia Prime. I was going to name Garak.

Sorry, I guess this information is new to you.

You ID'ing me will result in one of us dying-- I think instantaneously-- that's why I've been afraid to reveal myself.

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 15 Oct 2013, 18:13:17

Now isn't that awkward.

Oh by the way:

Hellheart is a Sociopath with an offensive power and a passive defensive power.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 18:15:09

Mortus wrote:Now isn't that awkward.

Oh by the way:

Hellheart is a Sociopath with an offensive power and a passive defensive power.

Awesome! Great work, Mortus!

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 15 Oct 2013, 18:18:11

Now the question is, do I risk coming out and let everyone else know. My power is dwindling down in its usefulness, so it may be the best possible time to come out with it (though not in full detail).

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 18:18:32

Hmm. Since this is not canon, I could like name you honirary Son of Cardassia. A near death situation involving a banana peel made me reflect on my actions and I am now forgiving all past grudges. Or something like that.

But now it seems I have received a convenient powerup, which I will talk about later after I see more information.

Are you sure there is 1 spy per faction? Your description mentioned you can vig spies. And it seems you may have survived a spy kill.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 18:19:26

Mortus wrote:Now the question is, do I risk coming out and let everyone else know. My power is dwindling down in its usefulness, so it may be the best possible time to come out with it (though not in full detail).

Mortus. This is why we have the Council. We can login to the Legate Damar account and announce it.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 18:20:04

rekard wrote:
Mortus wrote:Now the question is, do I risk coming out and let everyone else know. My power is dwindling down in its usefulness, so it may be the best possible time to come out with it (though not in full detail).

Mortus. This is why we have the Council. We can login to the Legate Damar account and announce it.

Already done.

There was no downside since otherwise blindsniper will be a likely runaway lynch.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 18:22:26

rekard wrote:Are you sure there is 1 spy per faction? Your description mentioned you can vig spies. And it seems you may have survived a spy kill.

I cannot vig or seer spies-- I only learn about their actions afterwards (the message I quoted was originally sent by Omega to four OTHER players).

In fact, the reason I survived a Spy Vig attempt-- which only works against other Spies-- is that I am technically not a Spy.

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 15 Oct 2013, 18:25:51

So beyond learning about the spies and their target checks, does your power entail anything else? Or is it purely informational?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 18:26:24

rekard wrote:Hmm. Since this is not canon, I could like name you honorary Son of Cardassia. A near death situation involving a banana peel made me reflect on my actions and I am now forgiving all past grudges. Or something like that.

I accept your gracious offer. I am honored to be back in the fold, my liege.

rekard wrote:But now it seems I have received a convenient powerup, which I will talk about later after I see more information.

Did you get a Vig shot?

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 15 Oct 2013, 18:28:39

Oh btw, this PM was sent to Furin last night. So keep an eye on how he reacts in the day thread.

I'm looking for an ally. I have a great fear that I'm going to be killed off on day 7 unless I can bolster some support. I have a seer role, and found a sociopath. The problem is I think they got an alert that they were read. So I want to try to get this person lynched fast tomorrow. If you're in, let me know and I'll send you the name of the person.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 18:30:31

Mortus wrote:So beyond learning about the spies and their target checks, does your power entail anything else? Or is it purely informational?

Just informational.

And I do actually have the PM power, as I proved by PM'ing each of you separately yesterday.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 18:30:48

Ahh. I read just now. Too much all of a sudden. What was the Legate first post about?

You can PM me if there are other secrets. I have a very nice power just now, but I need to consider how and when to announce it here.

I wish I had a vig shot. But it is the next best thing.

Not only it is oretty cool, I CAN give this power to someone in here. Not target, but permanently give. Anymore secrets?

I am being cautious, so I am making sure I do the right thing.

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 15 Oct 2013, 18:33:18

I...I'm not really a cat. There. You now know the horrible truth! Judge me how you see fit. :(

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 18:36:05

btw, the reason I wanted us to all vote for one player (DOM) is that Omega confirmed via PM that if none of us voted for the player with the fewest votes, then that would count as our participating in his lynch.

That would make us more likely to get a team power up.

So right now we've participated in the kills of two Klingons (Admetus and Griffypoo) and two Federation (Rictus and spheno).

Which means if we help kill one more of each we gain their team powers.

Top Klingon suspects: Furin and CAD.

Top Federation suspects: dferrantino and Visigoth.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 18:39:42

rekard wrote:Ahh. I read just now. Too much all of a sudden. What was the Legate first post about?

Since I think Furin and CAD are on the same team, by process of elimination dferrantino must be a Spy.

And I want the other Spy to know that so he can Vig him.

rekard wrote:You can PM me if there are other secrets. I have a very nice power just now, but I need to consider how and when to announce it here.

I have no more secrets-- I'm tapped out!

rekard wrote:I wish I had a vig shot. But it is the next best thing.

Not only it is oretty cool, I CAN give this power to someone in here. Not target, but permanently give. Anymore secrets?

I am being cautious, so I am making sure I do the right thing.

Why not just keep the power yourself?

You won't be in lynch danger for at least two more days (after Blindsniper and Hellheart), and you're still immune to night kills, right?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 18:41:25

I think I'm going to throw out a vote for blindsniper.

I feel like at least one of us needs to get on that bandwagon early.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 18:47:14

I will explain in a bit. Now, from the description of the Spy role, if Blind is a member of the Obsidian Order, that doesn't mean he works against us right? The spy's mission is to eliminate other faction's spies.

And for you Ozy, for your personal victory, you don't need to kill the spy in our faction right?

The spies here also receive the dead spy's faction information, so in that case, the spy in iour faction can reveal that information? I would think so since I see no other need to gain the dead spy faction's information.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 19:00:04

rekard wrote:I will explain in a bit. Now, from the description of the Spy role, if Blind is a member of the Obsidian Order, that doesn't mean he works against us right? The spy's mission is to eliminate other faction's spies.

I don't know-- I didn't learn of their win conditions, just their powers.

rekard wrote:And for you Ozy, for your personal victory, you don't need to kill the spy in our faction right?

That's correct.

rekard wrote:The spies here also receive the dead spy's faction information, so in that case, the spy in our faction can reveal that information? I would think so since I see no other need to gain the dead spy faction's information.

I believe so-- though they were warned by the GM not to share this information.

So revealing it may affect their ability to gain a power-up, which obviously is moot if blindsniper is the Spy since he's probably getting lynched today.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 19:11:24

So basically even with this extra faction, the spy goals don't really compromise our ability as a faction to contribute.

Aaaand as we are the faction with more numbers, if we all vote for Blind we get a team powerup.

Wait a minute. So right now, each faction has lost 3 members except us?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 19:12:03

rekard wrote:Wait a minute. So right now, each faction has lost 3 members except us?

Yes!

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 19:22:29

Blind.

We don't have enough votes to save you. The Council is decided upon lynching you and doing any other thing will kill us a team. You will have to take one for the team. Mortus and I will vote for you. Have San vote for let's say Clearasday in case someone day vigs you. You could vote for yourself near the end of day.

I do not know if you are a spy Blind, but either way there is no way out to save you without nefarious consequencesfor the rest. Sacrifice for the team.

Mortus I will vote Blind, and you try to vote 2-3 votes after me for Blind. If Blind is a spy, we will get that power up.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 15 Oct 2013, 20:01:21

Delete messageReport private messageQuote messageStar TWG Role
Sent: 08 Oct 2013, 00:59
To: Blindsniper83

You are Dr. Moset, a Cardassian Doctor and Scientist who pushed the limits.
You know what the best part of the Occupation was? The willing (or was that unwilling) test subjects. But as as result of their sacrifice, you found out how to partially re-animate a corpse!

You may PM me the name of one dead player who will be revived, without any of their powers. You may PM them anonymously, though me and control their vote (without their knowledge.) You may only have one such corpse at a time.

Role PM Correction
Sent: 10 Oct 2013, 20:13
To: Computer
BCC: Blindsniper83

There was a line that was missed in your role PMs.

The final line of your Role PM should have read

[You do not have a weapon.]
there you have all my role PM

see no spy so its mortus, rekard, or you Ozy, not me, but seeing as the council wants me dead, i will go quietly

Dead SAN will also vote for me, as well as myself, looks like we take this game as a loss, we are too few in numbers when i die
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 20:13:11

Blindsniper, if you read the leaders council board, you'll see that the Romulans exposed you, not me-- I think ryvvn actually knew who you were on day 5 when he voted for you.

Not sure how they found out-- did you PM Ryvvn?

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 15 Oct 2013, 20:26:08

no he pm'ed me, wanted an alliance, got it late and most of us werent on to accept it thru my vote style, told him in game id make decision via the following day, he died that night.............. so no pms sent out other than tohse to omega
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 15 Oct 2013, 20:28:54

we can use me as the outing as Hellheart as a sociopath, or is it to risky??

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 15 Oct 2013, 21:17:42

BS, love the new avatar!

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 21:33:50

Blindsniper83 wrote:we can use me as the outing as Hellheart as a sociopath, or is it to risky??

No need, we already revealed that info in the leaders council thread.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 15 Oct 2013, 21:47:07

Omega wrote:BS, love the new avatar!

thanks

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 15 Oct 2013, 22:00:34

Ozymandias wrote:
Blindsniper83 wrote:we can use me as the outing as Hellheart as a sociopath, or is it to risky??

So perhaps I'm not paying enough attention, but if we have a known sociopath, why is everyone going after blindsniper?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 22:29:57

Mortus wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:

So perhaps I'm not paying enough attention, but if we have a known sociopath, why is everyone going after blindsniper?

Because they know he's the necromancer and there are too many cardassians .

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 16 Oct 2013, 07:40:07

By the way. I can now extend my night immunity to whoever I want. To who? That's the dilemma. If Ozy is not the spy, then Mortus is one but also Ozy gets targeted quite a bit.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 16 Oct 2013, 09:19:29

We need to play this right. If our spy is able to kill 2 spies and Hellheart gets lynched tomorrow, we should be able to win, without hopefully any night death.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 16 Oct 2013, 09:23:11

rekard wrote:We need to play this right. If our spy is able to kill 2 spies and Hellheart gets lynched tomorrow, we should be able to win, without hopefully any night death.

Yes-- Mortus, if you're really the Spy, please kill dferrantino tonight.

That will give us the Federation team power tomorrow.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 16 Oct 2013, 09:23:57

rekard wrote:By the way. I can now extend my night immunity to whoever I want. To who? That's the dilemma. If Ozy is not the spy, then Mortus is one but also Ozy gets targeted quite a bit.

Can you protect a different person each night?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 16 Oct 2013, 10:11:40

rekard wrote:By the way. I can now extend my night immunity to whoever I want. To who? That's the dilemma. If Ozy is not the spy, then Mortus is one but also Ozy gets targeted quite a bit.

I've thought this over.

(1) If Mortus is not a Spy, then other Spies can't Vig him.

That means he and I are only vulnerable to other night kills, and since I'm more likely to be targeted, then I think I should be protected.

(2) If Mortus is a Spy, then other Spies CAN Vig him.

Since we want Mortus to shoot another Spy tonight instead of protect himself, then you should protect him until all the other Spies are dead.

So Mortus, I'm sorry but we have to ask you again-- are you or are you not a Spy?

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 16 Oct 2013, 10:35:59

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a spy. That being said, if I were the spy, I would tell you that none of my spy vig shots had been used yet. Not that I'm saying I am.

Also, I got a response from Furin, so I'll be getting his dossier tonight.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 16 Oct 2013, 10:38:52

Okay, rekard, let's go ahead and protect Mortus then.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 16 Oct 2013, 10:40:21

Ozymandias wrote:

Can you protect a different person each night?

Yeah. It's like my cloak of invisibility got bigger for one more person.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 16 Oct 2013, 10:53:45

Council board just got interesting. I think we can do this:

Say we highly suspect Sniper is the spy, and to lynch Hellheart with option 2. This might lead to factions attempting to vig Blind with their spy and if our spy vigs a spy well, we win?

Return to “Cardassia Prime”