Day 2: B is for Beatniks

This is the only place big enough for everyone to gather, because seriously, have you seen the inside of RaveBomb's yurt?
sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Day 2: B is for Beatniks

Postby sphenodont » 25 Aug 2017, 13:57:18

The day was a confusing mess, which was only complicated by the over-consumption of pot and moonshine. People knew they had to vote, but they kept getting distracted, and even when they came out to the market to kibbutz, they weren't sure of the procedures.

Only understandable: how often do you have to deal with ferreting out werewolves from amongst your midst?

Eventually, they called up the Village Elder (who'd long since retired to Florida) and figured things out. In the end, the group decided that Aldax just didn't seem to fit in, so he had to go.

And by go, they meant "boiled in oil".

It took a while, but soon enough, the deed was done. No one was really sure what you were supposed to do with the mess after the boiling, but it was sort of satisfying, in a "no really, we *are* pacifists" sort of way.

Aldax - lynched - human

-------

The next morning brought an unsettling revelation: RaveBomb was sleeping on top of the picnic table in the center of the market. Only this, time he wasn't nude.

He was dead.

RaveBomb - mauled - seer

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Day 2: B is for Beatniks

Postby sphenodont » 25 Aug 2017, 13:58:38

The Fairy Catmother has the first vote today.

Please talk through your options and try to convince your fellow villagers why you deserve to live. (WIth the seer gone, your job just got a lot harder.)

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Simple_Simon » 25 Aug 2017, 14:25:58

huh ... :roll:
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 25 Aug 2017, 18:15:12

Dammit!!! :shake: :shake:

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 25 Aug 2017, 18:19:24

Simon's post at EOD yesterday was odd. Felt like he was a little defensive for no reason.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 25 Aug 2017, 19:13:08

Well that sucks.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 25 Aug 2017, 19:17:11

Jrsthethird wrote:Simon's post at EOD yesterday was odd. Felt like he was a little defensive for no reason.

Yeah, it was a little bit strange. There's nothing wrong with a quick "just because somebody is quiet today doesn't mean they're not human, because that's what I'm doing." But he did seem to take it quite a bit farther, even soft-accusing DOM.

From everyone's posts yesterday, I am most comfortable saying that DOM is likely human. I found all of his suggestions and musings about strategy for this game thoughtful and helpful.

#Vote for: DOM

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 25 Aug 2017, 22:40:53

Jrsthethird wrote:Simon's post at EOD yesterday was odd. Felt like he was a little defensive for no reason.

I was trying to be facetious, however as always my comedic timing needs improvement, hence the roll eyes today. :slow_clap:
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 25 Aug 2017, 23:15:44

Tone reads: I agree with Dom's logic from yesterday - coupled with FCM's statement, I've got both of them in my town list.

Anyone who pardons an Arizona sheriff, on the other hand is not acting in the town's best interest.

Driving back from South Carolina in the AM - will check in when able along the way.

The day was a confusing mess, which was only complicated by the over-consumption of pot and moonshine

Yes... yes it was. That's South Carolina for you. It's also why we are leaving tomorrow. Gotta sleep this off.

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Aug 2017, 04:12:53

Rosy fingered dawn approached like the bitch it was. Anything going on here?

Decided to RP Sven returning from a long overdue vacation as I am returning from a long overdue vacation.

The beverage in that blender-souvenir-mug is called "It's five o'clock somewhere". It's the margaritaville version of a hurricane. Perhaps tasteless, but have we met?

Anyone got any pirin? I've got a headache the size of the totality zone & it's that or hair of the dog, & that's too mangy a reference for this crowd.

More in a bit,

7z7

Edit: Speeling
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Aug 2017, 06:19:01

On the phone, pardon the brevity. I think I'd like to see more from Rekard, and maybe more from our resident theorist Ryvvn. For now, I get a good tone read from:

#Vote for: Admetus

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Aug 2017, 10:10:02

Chick-Fil-a sends their regards. Although I typically ask for my fried chicken to be more socially responsible, my hope on this occasion is simpler: that they leave the pickle off.

Many moons ago, I worked fast food briefly (one summer in high school). To this day, I don't eat pickles.

It's a long story, perhaps we have time at the next stop?

More in a bit,

7z7

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 26 Aug 2017, 12:53:46

Is this a story we'd be better off not knowing? :vomit:

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Aug 2017, 15:50:22

The Fairy Catmother wrote:Is this a story we'd be better off not knowing? :vomit:

Depends a bit. Do you like pickles?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Aug 2017, 17:39:19

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I think I'd like to see more from Rekard, and maybe more from our resident theorist Ryvvn.

Probably won't happen as with heavily preparing for PAX (and our Kickstarter) and working super long days today and the past few, I have not had time to think about this game (and honestly assumed I would die day one for the wolf win last game).

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Aug 2017, 17:40:32

7-zark-7 wrote:
The Fairy Catmother wrote:Is this a story we'd be better off not knowing? :vomit:

FCM & I are both very particular about which pickles are actually worthy of consumption.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 26 Aug 2017, 18:31:41

7-zark-7 wrote:

Fuzzy pickles!
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Aug 2017, 22:31:15

You probably don't want to hear the pickle story. I will say this much: these were pickle slices which were delivered to the restaurant in 5 gallon buckets with lids that were functionally identical to the Home Depot "homer buckets" & it often took more than a week to go through that many.

(Finally back in New Jersey after 15 hour drive. Heading to CT on the morrow)

Less in a bit,

7z7

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 27 Aug 2017, 01:01:33

Can we pass the vote on at the 24 hour mark (or whenever you wake up spheno)? I understand it's the weekend, which is usually low participation, but 24 hours is a long time. Admetus would still have a few hours in case he's up early for some reason.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 27 Aug 2017, 09:31:37

Apologies for the slowdown.

I'll submit for the courts a vouch for Jrsthethird. I haven't found many people I'd be willing to say are human leans, but I think maybe JRS and FCM (and DOM who's already safe). I expect I'm biased towards FCM because she gave me the nod yesterday, so I'll just pick JRS.

#Vote for: Jrsthethird

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 Aug 2017, 14:18:10

This is a bit more cumbersome way of voting. It's like more attention to vote tracking is needed.

In a game like this, it seems to be like who would look the most human than direct suspicion as a wolf. So we should look at those who try too hard to look human.

What more there is to say? At this moment any reason on anyone looks as valid as anything.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 27 Aug 2017, 14:19:26

Back in CT for the longest stretch in the house since the day we closed on it. The honey do list is pretty long -

Word to the wise, if you ever replace a toilet, replace the wax seal. It's only $3. Don't be like the seller of my house who (as already established) is a wolf.

Rekard, since you're online - I promise not to vote for you today. :lol:

More in a bit,

7z7

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 27 Aug 2017, 14:33:31

Since the charts are rather cumbersome to do on my phone, I'll format it and make my vote when I get home in an hour or two.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 27 Aug 2017, 17:02:55

Vote History (Day 1)
Ryvvn -> Simple_Simon
Simple_Simon -> rekard
rekard -> DastardlyOldMan
DastardlyOldMan -> 7-zark-7
7-zark-7 -> The Fairy Catmother
The Fairy Catmother -> Admetus
Admetus -> Meta4
Meta4 -> RaveBomb
RaveBomb -> Ryvvn
Jrsthethird -> Jrsthethird
Aldax lynched

...I really don't know what to make of this yet. The only thing I have is a slight wolf read on Simon, and I don't think that the wolves would clump together on day one. So I think I'll go with
#Vote for: rekard

Day 2 Votes
bold = declared innocent
italic = already voted

Turn Order
Ryvvn
7-zark-7
DastardlyOldMan
Jrsthethird
rekard
Simple_Simon
The Fairy Catmother
Admetus
Meta4

Vote History
The Fairy Catmother -> DastardlyOldMan
DastardlyOldMan -> Admetus
Admetus -> Jrsthethird
Jrsthethird -> rekard

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 28 Aug 2017, 05:07:52

Let us see some more
#Vote for: simple simon

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 28 Aug 2017, 06:34:33

rekard wrote:This is a bit more cumbersome way of voting. It's like more attention to vote tracking is needed.

In a game like this, it seems to be like who would look the most human than direct suspicion as a wolf. So we should look at those who try too hard to look human.

What more there is to say? At this moment any reason on anyone looks as valid as anything.

If you want tone reads, people will need to make an attempt at the recommended three substantive posts per day, and as I mentioned to DOM, this doesn't just have to be analyzing other people: you are expected to make the case for why *you* should be spared.

Also, apologies for being absent yesterday. My wife would not have been happy if I'd spent our anniversary online with fake wolves.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 28 Aug 2017, 13:06:18

The GM says this:

Skip notification.

Simple_simon is skipped.
Meta4 has the next vote.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 28 Aug 2017, 13:44:38

sphenodont wrote:Skip notification.

Simple_simon is skipped.
Meta4 has the next vote.

Removed the "gm" tag for formatting and ease of reading. - ss

bah I just got home from work. :cry:
You're adorable-Rave

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Aug 2017, 14:48:41

Simple_Simon wrote:

Simple_simon is skipped.
Meta4 has the next vote.

I think instead of a direct skip mechanic, it should be that the voting opens to the next potential voter as well, and only if that next person votes first is the original voter skipped; like, Simon should be able to vote now since he checked in before Meta4... although, he probably should have just immediately placed one instead of simply "crying"

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 28 Aug 2017, 16:05:57

[+] Out of Character, Response to Ryvvn
Ryvvn wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:

Simple_simon is skipped.
Meta4 has the next vote.

I think instead of a direct skip mechanic, it should be that the voting opens to the next potential voter as well, and only if that next person votes first is the original voter skipped; like, Simon should be able to vote now since he checked in before Meta4... although, he probably should have just immediately placed one instead of simply "crying"

I think in a post where I am quoting a GM decision, and frankly too tired and sore to wish to argue the point, is a post in which I should try to follow the rules and rulings of said GM. I think it would have been far more unsporting to place a vote, spitting on sphen's wishes, disregarding the rules, and going all willy nilly over a minor issue.

An emote sad face is enough said until the end of the game. If you'd like to discuss this further we can in PM or after the game.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 28 Aug 2017, 16:12:51, edited 1 time in total.
You're adorable-Rave

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Aug 2017, 16:12:35

Simple_Simon wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:

Simple_simon is skipped.
Meta4 has the next vote.

I don't get whatever your intended meaning is behind that. Are you pointing out the official GM skip? I was aware of that, and my comments were directed at the GM for doing that as much as your popping in to notice you missed your vote. This situation happened a lot so far this game, and we're still early on. I was simply saying, "Hey everyone, GM included, this is a capture of a persisitent problem, let's fix it." However, you did not do yourself any favors by showing up and not even attempting a vote to see if Spheno would allow it since Meta has still not voted in your place yet.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 28 Aug 2017, 16:13:48

Ryvvn wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:

Simple_simon is skipped.
Meta4 has the next vote.

I don't get whatever your intended meaning is behind that. Are you pointing out the official GM skip? I was aware of that, and my commenta were directed at the GM for doing that as much as your popping in to notice you missed your vote. This situation happened a lot so far this game, and we're still early on. I was simply saying, "Hey everyone, GM included, this is a capture of a persisitent problem, let's fix it." However, you did not do yourself any favors by showing up and not even attempting a vote to see if Spheno would allow it since Meta has still not voted in your place yet.

No I pressed the wrong button and submitted the post instead of preview so I could get the formatting right.

Edit: Look again and you'll see my point.
You're adorable-Rave

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Aug 2017, 16:26:24

My crying remark was not intended as an insult, hence the quotations because you used the emoticon yourself.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 28 Aug 2017, 19:32:20

Ryvvn wrote:I think instead of a direct skip mechanic, it should be that the voting opens to the next potential voter as well, and only if that next person votes first is the original voter skipped; like, Simon should be able to vote now since he checked in before Meta4... although, he probably should have just immediately placed one instead of simply "crying"

I'm generally at a loss as to the best way to handle this. The game is going slower than I anticipated, and with a *lot* less player participation, given the way the last couple of games have picked up.

Add in the fact that I'm traveling overseas next week, and I'm trying to figure out whether the game can be salvaged, to be honest.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 28 Aug 2017, 20:06:05

I think general confusion and unfamiliarity with the game mechanic is huge here. I honestly don't even have much to say about the game right now and I think many others may not either.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Aug 2017, 21:11:43

You could implement a massive change in mechanics to speed the game up (I'd give an example but don't want to seem like I'm directing your game). The mechanics as they are would have benefited from a trial game -- shame we couldn't get enough to sign up when it was offered as such. :roll:

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 29 Aug 2017, 05:58:09

I have no idea what is going on, so how about this
#Vote for: Fairy CatMother
fellow?

Having the first vote does NOT make them safe, but does that mean they get a second vote? My brain asplode.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 29 Aug 2017, 07:21:03

Looks like that should pass the vote along to Ryvvn then.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 29 Aug 2017, 07:37:50

Jrsthethird wrote:Looks like that should pass the vote along to Ryvvn then.

Works for me.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 29 Aug 2017, 11:38:18

If I'm looking at this correctly, I can only vote for Zark or Meta4 because I'm not yet in the situation where I can vote for self. If i vote Meta4, the vote rolls right back over to Zark, who then can vote for himself. But if I
#Vote for: Zark

he ends the day by choosing between me and Meta4.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 30 Aug 2017, 06:43:29

And then there was a great rumbling, as if the earth itself was moving.

Because it was.

Day is over.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 30 Aug 2017, 09:31:32

Forgot to close the thread?

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 30 Aug 2017, 09:33:24

Jrsthethird wrote:Forgot to close the thread?

:facepalm:

Return to “The Village Market”