Rules for Star TWG

Once a bustling colony, now a barren rock, and soon to be the site of a game.
Located somewhere near The Neutral Zone.
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Rules for Star TWG

Postby Omega » 08 Oct 2013, 18:56:53

Star TWG

Like the Mayhem games, from which I am drawing much inspiration, every single player will have a special role. (In fact, a lot of this text is taken from Clearasday’s Mayhem II, with appropriate changes.)
Instead of being split into Humans and Wolves, everyone will be on a team of four or five. The number of teams will be decided by the number of people that signup.

The factions will be:
Federation
Romulans
Klingons
Cardassians

Everyone will know their team-members and share a private forum from the start of the game. You will win when only members of your team have reached parity with all others or are the only remaining left alive. Kill every other team.
There may also be Sociopaths placed into the game. They will have no team or team-mates. They win when they are the last man standing. They must Kill everyone else. They may have a night-kill mechanic. The sociopaths are in the game to give everyone a common enemy and for my amusement. There will also be one unaligned character, the GM will be very unhappy if he is killed.

While this game is drawing on a lot from the Star Trek Universe, I do NOT want any roles to be limiting. While I may name some (not all) that is merely for you to get the idea for who inspired the role. Do not feel bound by their character.

Private Messages (PMs) are not permitted. In the event you have a PM power there may be exceptions to this rule. The GM must be copied on all PMs.

PMs from me may not be quoted, unless specifically noted otherwise.

Posts from your individual faction boards are not to be quoted to the main board.

Many roles have secrets.

Your teams are guaranteed to be working towards the same goal and win condition as you at the start of the game(though they may also have personal/other agendas). (No moles, as much as I love that idea.)

There will be some powers that create post restrictions, and they should be followed. They are meant to be fun, not to stop you posting, ever.

I have tried to tell you all the things I have NOT put in the game. But as for the rest, Expect everything. Role changes, backstabbings, post restrictions. You know the awful shenanigans I’ve created before, expect many more.

The Leader's Council
One mechanic that I thought was interesting in the Las Vegas Mob game was the two wolf bosses knowing each other. I've decided to expand that in this game and utilize mask accounts. So starting on day 2, the four factions will nominate one member to participate in the Council. The Council is there for additional discussion and team specific discussion, there you will know you're talking to a Klingon.

Later in the game, the scope of the Council may be expanded.

If the pupeteer behind the mask dies, another player from that team will take over. Ultimately, until the faction is eradicated, they will have a voice, though perhaps, not as powerful of one.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Rules for Star TWG

Postby Omega » 08 Oct 2013, 18:59:04

Clarifications

EOD will move to 20:00 PDT over the first few days with 23 hour days. Sorry for the trouble.

[OOC: I had an emergent work trip pop up for Mon/Tues. Back in LA now.]

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Rules for Star TWG

Postby Omega » 09 Oct 2013, 09:49:42

Reserved.

Return to “Outpost 216”