Day 5: True Q

Once a bustling colony, now a barren rock, and soon to be the site of a game.
Located somewhere near The Neutral Zone.
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Day 5: True Q

Postby Omega » 13 Oct 2013, 17:23:27

The Beast of El Adrel thrashed about in the cage that Q had created for him. Bars of what looked like pur electrical charge kept the beast contained, but as the day wore on, he seemed increasingly agitated, and hungry. Meanwhile, Q could barely contain himself. He seemed to be giddy and bouncing around on the throne he had created. It seemed a bit more ornate today, more fully gilded and a touch taller than before. In celebration of the day’s adventure, Q had also created a large clock in middle of the clearing, ticking down to 0.

When the clock ticked its last, Q passed around a ballot box and tabulated the results.

AugenVonSauron has been elected to be the Champion, Q announced.

Red sat with an amused look on her face, and replied with a curt nod.

The game will be fought in a best of seven round tournament. They trust in your abilities, Red, let’s see if their trust is well placed.
In an instant, an arena was created around Red and the caged beast, and in an instant the bars fell away. Red and the Beast circled, one attacked, the other parried and they danced long into the night. Seven rounds later and Red had triumphed, 4 rounds to 3*.

The arena fell away and Q gave an emphatic clap, thanking her profusely for the entertainment.

You may claim your reward any time today, Red.

As for your Day 5 task, today was so exciting, I’ll give you a reprieve, vote as you will under normal voting conditions, no beasts, no surprises.

stigmata coughed and wheezed, he hadn’t been feeling well all day. He thought it was the weather, but then the blisters started forming, he had no idea why. He huddled under his blankets shivering and coughing until finally he began coughing up brown tinted blood. Staring at the ceiling he began to wonder if death would be a relief from the pain. As he soon found out, it was indeed.

As Mister E. Meat was walking back to the Romulan Camp, he was joined by another. They had spoken off and on throughout Q’s ridiculous game, but by and large, the two had never really met. Both agreed that the charades were insane and Q truly was certifiable. Mister E. Meat began to comment about how the insane were dealt with on Romulus when he felt the blade pierce the base of the skull. He didn’t even see it coming. How did he not? Romulans were trained better than this! Nevertheless, the assailant quickly faded into the shadows.

twdog sat alone contemplating his fate. As the days dragged on he felt increasingly insecure. He was alone on this planet and while he was working for the Greater Good he knew that no one else would understand it. Being apart from the Collective as long as he had been was dulling his senses and his reactions. He did not like this feeling, not one bit. Nevertheless, he closed his eyes and contemplated the Omega Molecule, 600,000 drones had been sacrificed in the pursuit of this perfection, the perfection that he sought and the perfection that these lesser races could only dream of.
Alas, meditation can be calming, but in twdog’s case, it was also deadly. 4 figures left twdog’s hovel as quietly as they’d arrived.

Blindsniper83 arrived at the morning meal to a much smaller crowd, as he was brought up to speed on the day’s and night’s events, he was shocked at the outcome. He paid special attention to where Red was, knowing that this woman held incalculable power.
Clearasday on the other hand missed morning meal, apparently with the same symptons as the others.

Blindsniper83 has returned to play.
Clearasday has temporarily been removed from play.

Stigmata's Role PM wrote:You're Silarin Prin. During the occupation you were on Bajor but served Gul Pirak’s household. You never so much as picked up a phaser rifle. The events of that night fateful night however changed you and set you on a quest for revenge.

- You technical expertise allows you to precisely kill from afar, however, you know that only soldiers deserve to die, if you target a non-military player, this will fail. (One time use.)

- You may also recharge any other player’s one-time use power, this takes 48 hours to reset.

- Finally, there is a Bajoran here, a member of the Shakaar, kill that player and gain a power up.
[You do not have a weapon.]

Mister E. Meat's Role PM wrote:You’re a Senator and while you may go on to disband the Senate, everyone has to start somewhere. You have a Thalaron Generator that you may use to kill another player. The tricky thing about Thalaron Radiation is that it can be very difficult to target and so you may randomly affect another player. This is a night time only ability.
[You have a weapon]

Twdog's Role PM wrote:So, I’m not going to say that you’re some sexy Jeri Ryan-esque Borg, because as far as this game is concerned, the Delta quadrant doesn't exist, and the Borg are still badass. But I will say that they don’t realize that you’re a Borg… Thank Q for that. You know that the Collective is the true end for them all, why can’t their simple minds see that?
Every other night you may assimilate a target. The assimilation is a two step process, that works, roughly as follows,
Day X – You PM the GM your target
Night X – The target is infected with your nanoprobes (phrasing)
Day Y – The target undergoes the assimilation process and his votes and power usage will not count (Player will be removed from play)
Night Y – The target joins your faction
While their technological distinctiveness may be added to the collective, it isn’t added to you, so while the target may retain a portion of their assimilated power, do not expect them to retain all of it.
One other thing, you can only convert those that have voted for you in the day thread.
[You have a weapon]

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 5: True Q

Postby Omega » 13 Oct 2013, 18:24:52

Day 4 Votes
AugenVonSauron (3) Clearasday, Wasabi, Hellheart
rekard (3) Mortus, Ozymandias, rekard
FurinMirado (2) Ryvvn, Okaros
Mortus (2) Visigoth, AugenVonSauron
Clearasday (1) stigmata

Day 4 Voting History
[+] Votes
rekard voted for Clearasday (Retracted)
Visigoth voted for Mortus
Mortus voted for rekard
stigmata voted for Clearasday
Ozymandias voted for rekard
Hellheart voted for Clearasday (Retracted)
AugenVonSauron voted for Mortus
Ryvvn voted for FurinMirado
Clearasday voted for AugenVonSauron
Wasabi voted for AugenVonSauron
Okaros voted for FurinMirado
Hellheart voted for AugenVonSauron
rekard voted for rekard

Did not vote (7)
DastardlyOldMan
dferrantino
FurinMirado
Griffypoo
Mister E. Meat
sphenodont
twdog

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 13 Oct 2013, 18:25:01

Those who missed the vote yesterday will participate in a very special way tomorrow.

DastardlyOldMan
dferrantino
FurinMirado
Griffypoo
sphenodont

Admetus' death has been updated, details can be found here.

AugenVonSauron has been instructed that he may not discuss the free kill with his faction and must identify it as soon as he logs in next.

The Alive/Dead list is updated.

EOD is 17:00 PDT.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Hellheart » 13 Oct 2013, 19:08:43

((OOC: Will we get their role PM's?))

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 13 Oct 2013, 19:11:58

OOC: Yes! Tonight when I get home.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 13 Oct 2013, 20:56:37

Something something 3 day weekend something something specifically told you I wouldn't have access to a pc.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Oct 2013, 21:37:04

Statement: It appears like we have some assimilated players to deal with.

Suggestion: We should nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be certain.

Retraction: It appears that nobody has ever voted for twdog.

Correction: There may still be assimilated players. Only an easily-distracted Fleshbag would assume that there is only one Borg among us.
Last edited by Hellheart on 13 Oct 2013, 21:43:16, edited 1 time in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 21:41:19

Hellheart wrote:Statement: It appears like we have some assimilated players to deal with.

Clearly your logic circuits need replacing, Hellheart. Since nobody ever voted for twdog he was unable to assimilate anyone:
TheGreatAndPowerfulQ wrote:One other thing, you can only convert those that have voted for you in the day thread.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Oct 2013, 21:46:01

Okaros wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Statement: It appears like we have some assimilated players to deal with.

Clearly your logic circuits need replacing, Hellheart. Since nobody ever voted for twdog he was unable to assimilate anyone:
TheGreatAndPowerfulQ wrote:One other thing, you can only convert those that have voted for you in the day thread.

Commentary: I was in the middle of correcting my post when you made this comment. I was simultaneously admiring the work of no less than 3 assassinations in a single day. Quite a feat.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Oct 2013, 21:49:10

Correction: CAD may not have voted for Admetus. Retractions must be checked.

Retraction: The removed players do not share a common vote. Not to mention that Admetus was revealed as a Klingon.
Last edited by Hellheart on 13 Oct 2013, 22:03:23, edited 2 times in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 21:50:27

Hellheart wrote:I was simultaneously admiring the work of no less than 3 assassinations in a single day. Quite a feat.

And apparently your optics are faulty too. Tsk tsk. Who's been neglecting to maintain you properly?

Four people were assassinated in a single day: Admetus during the day, and Stigmata, MEM, and Twdog at night.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Oct 2013, 21:57:17

Statement: DastardlyOldMan has expressed great interest in my circuitry and has been stalking me with a wrench.

Observation: I would hardly call a vigilante shot in broad daylight an "assassination." Such a crude method reeks of desperation and poor planning.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 13 Oct 2013, 22:06:23

Hellheart wrote:Observation: I would hardly call a vigilante shot in broad daylight an "assassination." Such a crude method reeks of desperation and poor planning.

Oh come now. You're just jealous that another robot beat you to it.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Oct 2013, 22:30:13

Okaros wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Observation: I would hardly call a vigilante shot in broad daylight an "assassination." Such a crude method reeks of desperation and poor planning.

Oh come now. You're just jealous that another robot beat you to it.

Objection: I am offended by your insinuation that I intended to assassinate that Meatbag.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 13 Oct 2013, 22:53:31

Personal Log: Beast of El Adrel, seriously, I've met bigger beasts at Cyrano Jones' deep space lounge and tribble palace. The Captain seemed impressed, Lt. Commander in charge of Security. Try that in three days, Marlena Moreau! I don't plan on keeping this position long enough to put things in the desk, but having an army of hunky Red Shirts under me has a certain appeal. I also got to turn in my clipboard to sit at the phaser terminal on the bridge. This I gotta try a few times.

I wonder if anyone else finds it amusing TWDog was the head of a race of Space Vampires. Well played Q.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 13 Oct 2013, 23:06:14

Red claimed her prize while no one was watching. A few words exchanged with Q and a quick glance, and the next thing anyone knew, and Wasabi was no more. Not quite the honorable death the Dahar master had expected.

Wasabi, Kor, Klingon - Permanently Removed (Day 4 Lynch)

Wasabi's Role PM wrote:You are, Kor, son of Rynar, the last son of the House of Kor. You are a Dahar Master and have reached the most legendary of status within the empire. Your triumphs know no bounds and each day you must publicly recount a battle. In any day in which you fail to do so, you will receive a penalty vote and be ineligible for your lynch ability.

You will not go down without a fight, if you are lynched, you will take at least one other player with you.

Given your longstanding feuds with the Federation and Romulan Empires, your votes against Romulans count double and those against the Federation count as a tie-breaker. (Thank Dax for softening that enmity!)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Oct 2013, 23:32:46

Augenvonsauron wrote:I wonder if anyone else finds it amusing TWDog was the head of a race of Space Vampires. Well played Q.

Hellheart wrote:((OOC: twdog, there are VAMPIRE BORG on your team!!!!))

Statement: I was totally right...but for the wrong reasons.

Observation: The Meatbags collectively known as sphenodont have missed 3 of the 4 voting days. Their continued existence suggests that they were greatly favored by Q.

Commentary: I doubt his favor will last much longer.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 10:29:03

Hellheart wrote:Statement: DastardlyOldMan has expressed great interest in my circuitry and has been stalking me with a wrench.

Observation: I would hardly call a vigilante shot in broad daylight an "assassination." Such a crude method reeks of desperation and poor planning.

Don't think of it as stalking you with a wrench. That just sounds, creepy, man. I really just want to make sure everything's working properly, and maybe see if I can duplicate the marvel of engineering that you are. With a. . . a . . . a SPANNER! Yeah, totally. I'm like a doctor of robots, only instead of a stethoscope, I use an oscilloscope. And a blowtorch. And some mildly radioactive isotopes. Look, I even downloaded the Chilton diagnostic guide here.

Hmmm... says here:
Chilton's Guide to Hunter Killer Assassin Droids wrote:Step 1. Nuke from Orbit.

Weird. Good thing I've got some mildly radioactive isotopes.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 14 Oct 2013, 10:43:02

Today Dastardlyoldman will dine in hell.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 11:27:45

Can you get lobster there? Fresh, I mean - none of that replicated genetically-engineered chicken-lobster. That stuff tastes like Zoidberg.

I'm only seeing a few potentials for the last sociopath right now, and retracted-was-Mortus is one of them. With conversion stuff afoot, I think it's important to wipe out any (more) potential fifth-factions before they get a solid start.
Last edited by DastardlyOldMan on 14 Oct 2013, 16:49:12, edited 1 time in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 11:51:19

Griffypoo, your clothes are atrocious. Is that a bed sheet you're wearing? Even San's tattered clothing would be easier to look at than what you have now (and would certainly smell beter, I'm sure).

Of course my services as a tailor are also available to you. For a fee, of course. These imported Bajoran silks don't come cheap after all.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 14 Oct 2013, 11:56:32

blindsniper is back. I feel like he should get a proper welcome.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 14 Oct 2013, 12:12:13

Furin Mirado, only because i have yet to go through pages of logs, things go wonkie,

I said "WONKIE" not wookie, now go rip off some red shirts arms off

now where was i, oh yes i started my holodeck vacation and it was cut short early
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 14 Oct 2013, 14:41:35

Red looked down at the targeting computer on the phaser banks. They had done well against the Klingons, the Captain will be pleased. Now who should she look at DOM? Seemed a little inept for a starship engineer, Blindsniper? The man is wearing glasses, you cant shoot a man with glasses. Griffypoo? What the hell was a Griffypoo and when did it last post. Mortus? He really, really should be dead by now, it was a violation of regulations! Griffypoo seems the most interesting target, due to knowing almost nothing about him, plus the name tempted her. Set phasers on exterminate!

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 14 Oct 2013, 14:56:48

Hellheart, his face and eyes red:

Hellheart wrote:Only an easily-distracted Fleshbag would assume that there is only one Borg among us.

twdog and Furin, the beasts of Tanagra?

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 14 Oct 2013, 15:21:58

Hmmm, where to place my bet. You have DastardlyOldMan voting on a long dead Meta4. Perhaps he's spent a little too much time near the reactor resulting in some memory loss. There's rekard self-voting for himself at EOD yesterday. Khan may be a complete sociopath but he's not crazy so why put himself at risk. Perhaps he thought that his genetic engineering would prove more than a match for the beast and wanted a chance at the kill. Still quite the risk.

I think I'll let the Dabo wheel decide who gets my vote. Or maybe have them both play Chula to decide... nah, that's to cruel for any sentient or non-sentient species.

Dabo! Wait, I mean DastardlyOldMan.

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 14 Oct 2013, 15:46:30

Griffypoo, I still remember you voting for me on day 1 before ninja swapping it to stigmata. A fluffball never forgets. ;)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Oct 2013, 15:58:45

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Chilton's Guide to Hunter Killer Assassin Droids wrote:Step 1. Nuke from Orbit.

Weird. Good thing I've got some mildly radioactive isotopes.

Recitation: The last time a meatbag took such keen interest in me, I had to deal with hundreds of inferior clones running around the galaxy.

Statement: I do not want to repeat that experience, DastardlyOldMan

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 14 Oct 2013, 16:04:29

DastardlyOldMan

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 16:19:51

I'd like to thank whoever requested my return, but without justification or explanation, my team is now left distrusting me. :cry:

Current leads point to Blindsniper

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 16:21:08

Since I'm back (and essentially powerless), I might as well return to my self-appointed post of sole usefulness:
Current Vote Tally wrote:DOM - 4 - rekard, Visigoth, Hellheart, dferr
Griffy - 3 - Okaros, AVS, Mortus
Blind - 2 - Furin, Ryvvn
Furin - 2 - Blind, Ozy
Mortus - 1- DOM

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 16:30:37

Also, I'd be super appreciative if those I have currently standing non-aggression pacts with might help me out here; I'd be happy to return the favor at a later time.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Oct 2013, 16:43:16

Ryvvn wrote:Also, I'd be super appreciative if those I have currently standing non-aggression pacts with might help me out here; I'd be happy to return the favor at a later time.

Statement: Nobody is voting for you. Who are you trying to save?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 14 Oct 2013, 16:46:20

Hellheart wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Also, I'd be super appreciative if those I have currently standing non-aggression pacts with might help me out here; I'd be happy to return the favor at a later time.

Statement: Nobody is voting for you. Who are you trying to save?

Oh, I thought I made it clear that I'm trying to determine how and why I was returned, in so much to clear my name within my own team. So, in essence, I'm trying to save myself in a longer term.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 14 Oct 2013, 16:47:27

Need to vote today. Weird EOD is throwing me off, and life won't let me hunt wol^H^H^H bad guys.

griffy

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 14 Oct 2013, 16:55:00

Griffypoo for self-defense, then.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated