Day 6: Tapestry

Once a bustling colony, now a barren rock, and soon to be the site of a game.
Located somewhere near The Neutral Zone.
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Day 6: Tapestry

Postby Omega » 14 Oct 2013, 17:14:49

Well, well, well. I give you a vanilla day for some rest and relaxation and you turn around and give me a very entertaining day. Thank YOU for that.
Griffypoo you’ve been chosen to exit our game today. Unlike some of your predecessors, I’ll leave you with a little parting gift. Rather than send you to Vulcan or Q forbid, Remus, I’ll send you to Risa with a pair of Orion Slave Girls. You may have been a novice on your vessel, but I’m sure you’ll know what to do with them.

*snap*

Only one other item for today, some of you are getting prizes! After discussion with your representatives, gifts are coming! You don’t even have to fight over them or otherwise qualify. You get them just for being you!
Oh and do welcome San back. I’m sure you’ll appreciate the value he will bring to the table once again.

Ryvvn was in the middle of the evening meal talking with his teammates. Conversation had shifted from the strategy for the next day, to less formal matters. Ryvvn was sure he could drink more Romulan Ale than any of the others. All agreed that this was a matter that would be settled back on Romulus.
Unfortunately, Ryvvn never got the chance as he disappeared dropping his spoon, which clanged into his bowl.

At morning meal, Q made the following announcement,

For today's lynch, only players who missed Day 4's vote will be eligible and the player with the LEAST votes will be lynched. That's right, today, you vote for who you'd like to keep in the game. Votes will be made privately to me.

Clearasday has returned to play.
San has returned to play.
Ryvvn has left play

Griffypoo’s Role PM wrote:You are a Klingon Novice. You come for a small house with a proud tradition. Aside from a brief period generations ago, your house has never even officially spoken on the floor of the Great Hall, but this could be the opportunity to prove the worth of your family.
If anyone votes against you, you must vote on them for questioning your honor at some point the next day. If you fail to do this, you will receive a penalty vote.
If you survive past the fourth day, your training will have improved to the point where you’ll not be a novice anymore and will receive an upgraded ability.
[You do not have a weapon.]

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 6: TBD

Postby Omega » 14 Oct 2013, 17:17:47

Day 5 Votes
Griffypoo (5) Okaros, AugenVonSauron, Mortus, sphenodont, DastardlyOldMan
DastardlyOldMan (4) rekard, Visigoth, Hellheart, dferrantino
BlindSniper83 (2) FurinMirado, Ryvvn
FurinMirado (2) BlindSniper83, Ozymandias

Day 5 Voting History
[+] Votes
rekard voted for DastardlyOldMan
DastardlyOldMan voted for Mortus (Retracted)
Okaros voted for Griffypoo
FurinMirado voted for BlindSniper83
BlindSniper83 voted for FurinMirado
AugenVonSauron voted for Griffypoo
Ozymandias voted for FurinMirado
Visigoth voted for DastardlyOldMan
Mortus voted for Griffypoo
Hellheart voted for DastardlyOldMan
dferrantino voted for DastardlyOldMan
Ryvvn voted for BlindSniper83
sphenodont voted for Griffypoo
DastardlyOldMan voted for Griffypoo

Day 5 Did Not Vote (1)
Griffypoo

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 6: TBD

Postby Omega » 14 Oct 2013, 17:18:02

Eligible Lynch Votes

DastardlyOldMan
dferrantino
FurinMirado
sphenodont

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Day 6: Tapestry

Postby rekard » 14 Oct 2013, 18:15:07

My odd foe has left again. Victory is still mine.

In the meantime San strangely returns too. The overlord of this whole travesty now makes us secretly vote. Unfairnfor those who were out these oast three days? Maybe.

Which foe should I save today? The question lies at the end of the tunnel.

One thing I know, sphenodont is a foe who tasks me. He shall not be saved.

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Mortus » 14 Oct 2013, 18:24:14

I say we lynch Q.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 14 Oct 2013, 18:40:42

Mortus wrote:I say we lynch Q.

[What was that? You wanted a post restriction? I'm sure I can drum one up for you... Perhaps involving ponies.]

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 18:43:06

Omega wrote:

[What was that? You wanted a post restriction? I'm sure I can drum one up for you... Perhaps involving ponies.]

((Are you suggesting that the people responsible for moderation may be partaking of a refreshing nap at this time?))
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 14 Oct 2013, 18:44:17

Omega wrote:

Statement: Shut up, furry meatbag. You'll turn us all into ponies.

Query: Will these secret votes be revealed on the following day, or will they remain secret?

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 14 Oct 2013, 18:49:48

Votes will not be revealed.

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 14 Oct 2013, 20:11:51

So, anyone want to plead as to why we should let them live? :mrgreen:

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 14 Oct 2013, 20:39:51

Mortus wrote:So, anyone want to plead as to why we should let them live? :mrgreen:

Begging for someone to die might also be interesting. Perhaps we have a sociopath in the mix?

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 15 Oct 2013, 02:28:00

In a totally roundabout and unfair way, I say we should make sure that one of the quiet ones dies. Its rather hard to justify lynching them in the main thread when they don't contribute that much, but today looks like the perfect opportunity. I believe that Sphenodont has missed 3 votes out of 6 so far, so I shall be Not voting for him unless he appears a good deal more today.

Participation so far has been lackadaisical at best. I say they should each attempt to appeal to us and justify why they deserve life.

Or the other option is you know, we could just have another quiet day where everyone just votes to keep their teammate alive and nothing actually happens. Your call.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 15 Oct 2013, 02:39:41

Clearasday wrote:In a totally roundabout and unfair way, I say we should make sure that one of the quiet ones dies. Its rather hard to justify lynching them in the main thread when they don't contribute that much, but today looks like the perfect opportunity. I believe that Sphenodont has missed 3 votes out of 6 so far, so I shall be Not voting for him unless he appears a good deal more today.

Participation so far has been lackadaisical at best. I say they should each attempt to appeal to us and justify why they deserve life.

Or the other option is you know, we could just have another quiet day where everyone just votes to keep their teammate alive and nothing actually happens. Your call.

Observation: All of the eligible players could be labeled as "the quiet ones," although DOM appears to be the greatest among equals in terms of participation.

Query: How do you propose that we determine who least deserves to live?

---

Observation: It seems like you are simply advocating for the death of Sphenodont "in a totally roundabout and unfair way." You are the second meatbag to do so.

Commentary: Somebody should make an argument for keeping Sphenodont alive, just to amuse us.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 15 Oct 2013, 03:42:42

Well contrary to what I said and what you think, I actually don't want Sphenodont to die, I was just using that as an example in the hopes of prompting a few people to talk a bit more. I'm actually hovering between DOM and Dferrantino being the ones I want to take a look at. Spheno and Furin are okay in my books at the moment because nobody is actually defending them very much if that makes sense.

The problem is, with the vote totals not being revealed, no discussion is basically going to take place today. Most people will automatically know who they're voting for, to save. Today really actually favours the teams with the most people alive, as the vote is hidden.

Question, can people vote for themselves?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 05:45:09

((Can votes be changed, or are they locked in place once made?))

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 15 Oct 2013, 06:05:21

I've already voted because I don't want to miss another day, so I'm already locked in if that's how it works.

I will say that DOM and sphenodont would be the two I am least interested in saving today.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Oct 2013, 06:30:36

I'm not even sure why I'm here. This is crazy - I mean, here I was, the fourth vote of the day. I even double-checked the ship's scanners, and they told me that Meta4 was alive. If the almighty omnipotent being can't even keep track of this stuff, I don't see how I'm expected to.

So, for clarity: Wasabi is dead, correct? Ryvvn's just dead, and not both dead & alive? San: alive and not dead? Griffypoo is dead? Anything else I'm missing, so that I don't get fucked over again?

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 15 Oct 2013, 06:38:53

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I'm not even sure why I'm here. This is crazy - I mean, here I was, the fourth vote of the day. I even double-checked the ship's scanners, and they told me that Meta4 was alive. If the almighty omnipotent being can't even keep track of this stuff, I don't see how I'm expected to.

So, for clarity: Wasabi is dead, correct? Ryvvn's just dead, and not both dead & alive? San: alive and not dead? Griffypoo is dead? Anything else I'm missing, so that I don't get fucked over again?

im in the same boat as you DoM, i go away for long weekend, come back to fine out, i slept in, the whole day
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 15 Oct 2013, 06:52:56

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I'm not even sure why I'm here. This is crazy - I mean, here I was, the fourth vote of the day. I even double-checked the ship's scanners, and they told me that Meta4 was alive. If the almighty omnipotent being can't even keep track of this stuff, I don't see how I'm expected to.

Statement: I prefer the term "ineligible for voting" rather than "dead," since Ryvvn-San (Mr. Ryvvn?) may now be a hybrid monster capable of turning several of us into ponies every day.

Query: Did you truly believe that Morn was the only casualty after 3 days of accusations and violence?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 07:22:28

Probably he was only watching the not updated participant list.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 15 Oct 2013, 07:35:32

rekard wrote:Probably he was only watching the not updated participant list.

Explanation: That is the only explanation for the vote, but that fails to explain why even a busy, short-on-time meatbag would believe that there had only been a single death prior to Day 4.

EDIT: ((This is not meant as a personal offense, but there were two early votes on Meta4 that day. I almost voted for Meta4 myself because of this - I felt he might be a sociopath...because he was revealed as one the day before - and would have if rekard hadn't pointed out his deceased status shortly afterwards. I feel that DOM cannot hold Omega accountable for not keeping the player list current because it's my understanding that the GM will sometimes neglect that list for a day or more, and his Meta4 vote confused the crap out of me. It could be seen as a valid tactic to take advantage of gullible players that don't have enough time to check the thread more than once.

Blindsniper Wasabi corrected his vote on Meta4 eventually. Clearasday did the same thing that day, but for San. He also realized his mistake and corrected it. It was a 36+ hour day, and I pointed out that people were voting for deceased players in at least two separate posts that day.))
Last edited by Hellheart on 15 Oct 2013, 08:26:12, edited 1 time in total.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 08:11:12

It can be much much simpler than that metallic fiend. The answer can be easy to find.

Why would players not have the certainty of a players death? Why would they doubt such an almost permanent fact of life?

Find that answer and much more will be revealed. It's here. In your face.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Oct 2013, 08:13:29

My representative is telling me that the Council seeks to know my faction. While I certainly see no reason to go public with that information, I can certainly affirm that I am represented. He also asks that the Federation President possibly put some clothes on before making . . . motions.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 15 Oct 2013, 08:31:02

rekard wrote:It can be much much simpler than that metallic fiend. The answer can be easy to find.

Why would players not have the certainty of a players death? Why would they doubt such an almost permanent fact of life?

Find that answer and much more will be revealed. It's here. In your face.

Recitation: That day, the almighty and infallible Q made the following statement:
Ryvvn has returned from where no man has gone before

Continuation: There was no such statement for Meta4. A meatbag should interpret this as an indication that he could vote for Ryvvn. No meatbag should interpret this as an indication that he could vote for Meta4.

Commentary: I find it difficult to tell one meatbag from another, but the meatbag known as Ryvvn is so anal-retentive about the spelling of his name that I would never confuse him with Meta4.

Augenvonsauron
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Augenvonsauron » 15 Oct 2013, 08:37:40

Not that I'm unhappy on my ship, but would this Federation President be in a nearby system? Just asking, I like my Captain...

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 15 Oct 2013, 08:44:47

Oh heart of tin, yet you still see nothing. You are blindfolded by your factory logic.

A man does not know death until he sees it eye to eye.

Remember this. Your quest for an answer will lead to the open truth, even your own.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Oct 2013, 09:04:06

Clearasday wrote:Question, can people vote for themselves?

?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Oct 2013, 09:13:43

So we have 4 choices for the lynch and one of them is me.

Fantastic.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 09:19:54

dferrantino wrote:So we have 4 choices for the lynch and one of them is me.

Fantastic.

I might be willing to sell my vote, but I wonder what any of you could offer me in exchange that would be worth my time and that I could actually trust you to deliver on. It almost seems like I would be better off voting for none of you...

((Qmega, if we vote for nobody to be saved will that count as missing a vote and be penalized?))

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 15 Oct 2013, 09:22:03

You may vote for yourself.

You may change your vote at any time until 17:00.

I will periodically update with the number of votes I've received. Though of course not any other details.

"No Lynch" or similar is not permitted.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 15 Oct 2013, 09:35:23

Well like I said before, and because I believe information should be transparent, I'm voting for Furin or Spheno, unless DOM or Dferr convince me they're more genuine/useful than those two (which actually wouldn't be that hard to do considering nobody really has been speaking much at all).

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Oct 2013, 09:42:21

Useful? Doubt it. Genuine? Absolutely!

I'm certainly not a Sociopath, at the very least.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Oct 2013, 09:48:50

I'm absolutely un-useful. So much so, that you should feel confident in leaving me alive and on another team. In fact, I might be hurting my own faction, I'm so un-useful.

No, seriously, this is a team game. Arguing for my survival to those not on my team isn't particularly . . . useful. The day is structured such that discussion is 90% irrelevant.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 15 Oct 2013, 11:49:22

FurinMirado wrote:I will say that DOM and sphenodont would be the two I am least interested in saving today.

This is my complete and utter lack of surprise.

Since when has the Plantation-Owning, Champagne-Sipping, Landed Power Elite ever been interested in saving those other than those of your own Priviledged Few? I suppose you would claim that you were "saving" my people when you stole them from their family and forced them to pick your grapes and press your uniform? Even on your spaceship, where are the Brothers and Sisters? Serving their masters drinks in the mess hall and slaving away in your engine room? Convenient to be abandoned when you detach your dainty little saucer and take your ginger strumpet and your pet albino when you cowardly run away.

No, "Sir", I do not need your saving. It is you who will need to be saved when the Day of Reckoning is at hand.

And that Day is nigh upon us, I swear to you.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 15 Oct 2013, 12:15:38

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I'm absolutely un-useful. So much so, that you should feel confident in leaving me alive and on another team. In fact, I might be hurting my own faction, I'm so un-useful.

No, seriously, this is a team game. Arguing for my survival to those not on my team isn't particularly . . . useful. The day is structured such that discussion is 90% irrelevant.

Statement: I am inclined to agree.

Commentary: Making this a public vote, rather than a secret vote, would have created a much more...entertaining dynamic.

Continuation: There would also be a higher chance of flared tempers, or in DOM's case flared nostrils, which could result in another death during the day thread.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 12:42:13

Kmpec and Jaresh-Inyo and Letant and Damar, at El-Adrel.

Kmpec of Kronos, under a broken moon: "Kmpec and FurinMirado on the ocean."

Jaresh-Inyo of Grazer, broken in to the Federation: "DOM, the wild beast of Tanagra?"

Letant of Romulus, now a broken planet: "Ryvvn and San, the undead moles of Blindsniper of Cardassia."

Damar of Cardassia, broken by the Dominion: "Furin or CAD, one of the four spy snakes at El-Adrel. DOM and Hellheart and San, the non-spy mongooses at El-Adrel."

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 15 Oct 2013, 13:10:48

Ozymandias wrote:Kmpec and Jaresh-Inyo and Letant and Damar, at El-Adrel.

Jaresh-Inyo of Grazer, broken in to the Federation: "DOM, the wild beast of Tanagra?"

Letant of Romulus, now a broken planet: "Ryvvn and San, the undead moles of Blindsniper of Cardassia."

Damar of Cardassia, broken by the Dominion: "Furin or CAD, one of the four spy snakes at El-Adrel. DOM and Hellheart and San, the non-spy mongooses at El-Adrel."

As someone who hasn't seen star-trek, please translate this?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Oct 2013, 13:14:45

Clearasday wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:Kmpec and Jaresh-Inyo and Letant and Damar, at El-Adrel.

As someone who hasn't seen star-trek, please translate this?

The Klingon Senator said "FurinMirado is mine."

The Federation Senator said "Is DOM a sociopath?" (at which point I had responded with the post about revealing my allegiance.)

The Romulan Senator said "Ryvvn was a mole, San is a mole. Blindsniper, a Cardassian, is reviving them for his own means."

The Cardassian Senator said "There are spies! And not-spies! Here's a list."

Or thereabouts.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 15 Oct 2013, 13:16:18

DastardlyOldMan wrote:The Klingon Senator said "FurinMirado is mine."

The Federation Senator said "Is DOM a sociopath?" (at which point I had responded with the post about revealing my allegiance.)

The Romulan Senator said "Ryvvn was a mole, San is a mole. Blindsniper, a Cardassian, is reviving them for his own means."

The Cardassian Senator said "There are spies! And not-spies! Here's a list."

Or thereabouts.

DOM, his eyes open.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 15 Oct 2013, 13:22:40

That's me, Mr. Just-Useful-Enough-To-Keep-Alive :lol:

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 15 Oct 2013, 14:32:29

You know, I think we're all trapped in a game of Chula. Q's not real and is just a part of the game. We all need to move along home. Unless Quark is playing and then we're all screwed.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 15 Oct 2013, 14:33:22

I'm still waiting for 4 votes.

Blindsniper83
rekard
dferrantino
San

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 15 Oct 2013, 16:53:53

Omega wrote:I'm still waiting for 4 votes.

Blindsniper83
rekard
dferrantino
San

i'm pretty sure i sent votes off to save
Evil_superman
pakman
Dystopia
Jokerfish
Jehos

(please note these ballots seem to be wrong, perhaps i lost real ones
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 15 Oct 2013, 16:54:40

[OOC: Ah, I miss some of those guys.]

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 15 Oct 2013, 16:59:44

((Quick! Someone snipe-vote!))

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 15 Oct 2013, 17:00:19

And who do you like the least?

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 15 Oct 2013, 17:02:16

rekard wrote:One thing I know, sphenodont is a foe who tasks me. He shall not be saved.

Oh my sweet, delusional Andalusian cousin, how I lament the lies with which your oppressors have blinded your eyes! I am not the enemy, Mister Singh! No, I am the closest thing you have to an ally in this crazy, crazy world.

You wear the mantle of a Khan, but yet the only con here is the deception that the people of earth have cast over you! You were made to believe you were the supremest of Man, the perfect speciman by which all others would measure their worth, but how hollow does that ring now? Do you really think they would accept your purported perfection in the form of a tan god? Of course not!

You can see how easily they tore you from your rightful place at the head of the table, jealous of you and intolerate of a Spanish-Mexican-MiddleEastern-Indian mulatto overlord, and spit you out into space! And then the tales they told of you? Blasphemy and damnable lies!

Believe me, my cousin, those of us under my banner know the truth and we could carry your rightful legacy forward. But we need you to realize that we are your friend, not foe.

Return to “Outpost 216”