Day 9: Q-Less

Once a bustling colony, now a barren rock, and soon to be the site of a game.
Located somewhere near The Neutral Zone.
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Day 9: Q-Less

Postby Omega » 17 Oct 2013, 18:41:21

By the time Q appeared for the afternoon routine, the remaining players had assembled and were in fact waiting for him. Ozymandias was bound and gagged and laying in the dirt surrounded by the crowd. Q looked frazzled, his hair unkempt and his uniform disheveled.

Never mind, Ozymandias, what about the final spy?

The crowd made a very impassioned plea that Ozymandias was no tailor, no gardener, but in fact an elite Obsidian Order operative. They finished by emphasizing the fact that by bringing Q the spy, they should final be allowed to return home.

Q looked unimpressed.

Alright. I left the gallows up, let’s go.

Ozymandias on the other hand did not like the idea of being the second Cardassian to die in as many days on that thing and struggled every inch of the way. Alas he was a tailor, not a Nausicaan, and the other 7 dragged him to the podium with ease. Around his neck the noose went.

Any last words, Garak?

Why, yes. Q, what you are is a great disappointment.

With shock and surprise, Q kicked the lever, and Mr. Garak dropped and began to struggle…and then disappear. As the Order’s Keldon Class cruiser left orbit, Mr. Garak left a parting shot at the crowd,

The sky was lit by fireworks stating, “I’m not a spy, I'm a pyrotechnic engineer!”

This will not do. If the Order found Garak, then the rest of your people will be here soon. We’re going to finish our game somewhere far from here.

*snap*

A new day dawns on a new world. This one was far from the barren rock of before, in fact it was lush with jungle plants and small animal life.

Find the spy. These plants aren’t edible, so its really just a matter of time.

Ozymandias, Elim Garak, Cardassian
Ozymandias' Role PM wrote:You are Elim Garak. You are one of few named roles who’s history is relevant, and I hate to tell you, but your win condition is not the same as your teams. In fact, if the Gul finds out who you are, you will die. That said, he doesn’t know that you can read the Cardassian board.

- If you are Seered by another player, you will return as a member of their faction, you are afterall a masterful gardener, tailor and probably a spy.

- You may PM any number of players per day of messages of 140 characters or less, they may not respond.

- Finally, if the Gul discovers your identity, there is a 50% chance that the bomb you've placed in your bunk will kill him before he can kill you.
[You do not have a weapon.]

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 9: Q-Less

Postby Omega » 17 Oct 2013, 18:41:28

Day 8 Votes
Ozymandias (10) FurinMIrado, Clearasday, Hellheart, DastardlyOldMan, Okaros, 6 Power Votes
FurinMirado (4) rekard, Ozymandias, Visigoth, 1 Power Vote

Day 8 Voting History
[+] Votes
DastardlyOldMan voted for Hellheart (Retracted)
rekard voted for FurinMirado
FurinMirado voted for Hellheart (Retracted)
Ozymandias voted for FurinMirado
Clearasday voted for rekard (Retracted)
FurinMIrado voted for Ozymandias
Visigoth voted for FurinMirado
Hellheart voted for rekard (Retracted)
Clearasday voted for Ozymandias
Hellheart voted for Ozymandias
DastardlyOldMan voted for Ozymandias
Okaros voted for Ozymandias

Day 8 Did Not Vote (0)

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 17 Oct 2013, 18:41:33

[Reserved]

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Hellheart » 17 Oct 2013, 18:46:17

Statement: Oh my, I seem to have failed my kill opportunity

Commentary: It must have been the uproarious laughter

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 17 Oct 2013, 19:10:08

Not surprising. All those votes. Should I guess where those came from?

And the spy is still here and probably wasted their action to lynch someone with such an advantage.

Furinmirado

His demise is today.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 17 Oct 2013, 19:19:19

rekard wrote:Not surprising. All those votes. Should I guess where those came from?

And the spy is still here and probably wasted their action to lynch someone with such an advantage.

Furinmirado

His demise is today.

Query: How do you know that he is the spy, and not Clearasday?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 17 Oct 2013, 19:25:47

They not only used 6 votes, but got into panic mode the moment Furin was attacked. A lot of votes to save Furin. It was all predetermined from the start.

If not him, the other.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 17 Oct 2013, 20:04:36

Well that's awkward. Just how many of me are out there? :oops:
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 17 Oct 2013, 20:14:06

Okaros wrote:Well that's awkward. Just how many of me are out there? :oops:

Statement: I hope there are thousands.

Commentary: I would hate to run out targets.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 17 Oct 2013, 22:59:00

Statement: I've been puzzling over the source of the power votes on Ozymandias.

Musing: Six votes. Such an odd number. More votes than the number of players that voted for the poor silent meatbag, yet fewer votes than the total number of players less the spy.

Query: Did anybody reply to a PM by a non-meatbag entity yesterday?

Explanation: I have no interest in the content, just in whether a reply was sent.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 09:28:36

Hellheart wrote:Statement: I've been puzzling over the source of the power votes on Ozymandias.

Musing: Six votes. Such an odd number. More votes than the number of players that voted for the poor silent meatbag, yet fewer votes than the total number of players less the spy.

Query: Did anybody reply to a PM by a non-meatbag entity yesterday?

Explanation: I have no interest in the content, just in whether a reply was sent.

No replies were sent to any PMs that I received yesterday. Still working out the power votes - the only mathematical aspect that I can see is exactly double the number of (non-power) votes on Furin.

And despite the warnings of impending doom, death and destruction, that was an awfully gorram uneventful evening. Ozy's reveal explains why he wasn't having his teammate push out more information (which struck me as very odd at the time).

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 18 Oct 2013, 10:07:19

I'll make this quick because I have a full day of work ahead of me.

retracted - was Hellheart tried to kill me last night. Obviously it's not safe to leave a Sociopath alive this long. I would recommend we all lynch him today because any of us could be dead by morning.

Edit1:
Almost forgot.
1. I neither sent nor received any PMs last night.

2. With all of the people on Ozymandias it's possible 1 or more people were holding onto a vote manipulation power. Obviously either Visigoth or rekard has a vote manipulation power since I had 1 power vote on my bandwagon.

3. Bear in mind that Ozymandias had incurred a GM penalty. It's hard to say how many of those power votes could have been from that.
Last edited by FurinMirado on 18 Oct 2013, 14:22:52, edited 1 time in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Oct 2013, 11:59:30

FurinMirado wrote:I'll make this quick because I have a full day of work ahead of me.

Hellheart tried to kill me last night. Obviously it's not safe to leave a Sociopath alive this long. I would recommend we all lynch him today because any of us could be dead by morning.

Edit1:
Almost forgot.
1. I neither sent nor received any PMs last night.

2. With all of the people on Ozymandias it's possible 1 or more people were holding onto a vote manipulation power. Obviously either Visigoth or rekard has a vote manipulation power since I had 1 power vote on my bandwagon.

3. Bear in mind that Ozymandias had incurred a GM penalty. It's hard to say how many of those power votes could have been from that.

((Whee, infodump time))

Statement: My attacking ability is, under certain conditions, a coinflip to succeed or fail.

Recitation: I have had one true nightkill the entire game. On Day 6. I attempted to use it on rekard to kill him along with my normal chance to kill AVS. It failed.

Observation: There were 4 spies and 2 sociopaths at the beginning of this game. 4 days of spy nightkills, 2 days of sociopath spykills, 6 days.

Conclusion: The spies and sociopaths share the nightkill

Statement: The spy will have his nightkill today or tomorrow. Hopefully it is only one nightkill, and not 5 or 6.

Commentary: I assumed that attempting to kill a Klingon would get me lynched today.

Statement: Attempting to kill a non-Klingon yesterday or today would lose me the game, as noted below.

-----------

((This is the targeting e-mail I sent to Omega yesterday. If it is not obvious, I followed Scenario 2 and I'm working off of the assumption that CAD is the Spy and that we lynch the other Cardassian today, something that I believe is no longer a good play:

Hellheart wrote:Scenario 1: We lynch, I land the coinflip and kill Visigoth. 6 players left.

Day 9: We lynch somebody, I attempt to kill Furin, CAD nightkills DOM/Okaros

Day 10a: I successfully kill Furin. 1 Romulan, 1 Klingon, Me.

Day 10b: I fail to kill Furin. 1 Romulan, 2 Klingons, Me. Klingon win.

Scenario 2: We lynch, I target nobody. 7 players left

Day 9: We lynch somebody. I claim that I will attempt to kill Visigoth but target nobody. CAD nightkills DOM/Okaros

Day 10: 5 players left. 1 Federation, 1 Romulan, 2 Klingon, Me. We consensus lynch CAD. I use my hopeful nightkill on Visigoth

Day 11: 3 players left. 1 Romulan, 1 Klingon, me. They vote on me for the dual victory, I vote on one of them, and they share victory.

I will target Absolutely fucking nobody

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 18 Oct 2013, 12:09:57

It is more obvious than not who had more power vote availability. At the same time it could have been a ploy to confuse people. Although I wouldn't put it past Hellheart to actually try to do something like that given his stubborness.

But in the end, the spy still has to die before we fall victim of the consequences. Or the alternative would be to maul the other Klingon, but given Furinmirado's admitted resillience, that might be something they want. We can not trust that being the case either.

The other alternative would be to maul the psychopath. The dilemma. But I think the spy is and will be more dangerous in the long run.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 18 Oct 2013, 12:14:32

Ah Tinheart.

If you would look at the list of participants, you will see which are nightkills and which are mauls.

You will find that list illuminating.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 18 Oct 2013, 12:16:18

Ah. And apparently from Furin's declaration, people get notified when someone attempts to kill them. My guess is that you got some performance issues there Tinheart.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Oct 2013, 12:25:54

rekard wrote:Ah Tinheart.

If you would look at the list of participants, you will see which are nightkills and which are mauls.

You will find that list illuminating.

AugenVonSauron, Tal'Shiar Agent, Romulan - Day 6 (Night Kill)

Mister E. Meat, Tal’aura, Romulan - Day 4 (Night Kill)

Statement: Indeed. It proves that I successfully coinflipped for those kills instead of using a maul

Commentary: Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I had no idea.

((I'm not an idiot. If Furin or CAD died to a nightkill I'm toast. The Klingons were my only allies and I had no plans of doing this today until the Klingons chose to broke pact first))

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 12:26:24

rekard wrote:Ah. And apparently from Furin's declaration, people get notified when someone attempts to kill them. My guess is that you got some performance issues there Tinheart.

Right. And Hellheart is saying that he didn't target anyone last night, so we have Furin's word vs. Hellheart's at this point.

((Had more. Deleted it. Retyped half of that. Deleted it. Bah.))

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 18 Oct 2013, 12:29:35

To clarify, I was "visited" by someone last night. If it was not Hellheart then we are dealing with another player that also has a night kill ability. I find that idea...troubling.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Oct 2013, 12:31:26

FurinMirado wrote:To clarify, I was "visited" by someone last night. If it was not Hellheart then we are dealing with another player that also has a night kill ability. I find that idea...troubling.

Statement: Somebody killed the other Spy on Night 7

Recitation: I followed Visigoth that night. I chose to let him live.

Commentary: Stupid coinflips

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Oct 2013, 12:36:04

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
rekard wrote:Ah. And apparently from Furin's declaration, people get notified when someone attempts to kill them. My guess is that you got some performance issues there Tinheart.

Right. And Hellheart is saying that he didn't target anyone last night, so we have Furin's word vs. Hellheart's at this point.

Statement: You have Furin's belief against good sense strategy.

Commentary: Seriously. If a Klingon died today, I'm scrap metal.

Statement: There is currently unimportant information that I will fully reveal if the Spy continues to let the Klingon faction dogpile on me

Admission: Scenario 2 leaves Furin alive. If the Klingons did not betray me, I would let them share victory.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 14:07:01

Hurrf.

FurinMirado

Strategically, I don't know that it's my best move - if there are 2 Romulans tomorrow and 1 of everyone else, I'm pretty certain of who will get ganged up on. That said, Omega-as-Q has been pushing for the spy death for some time, and while we haven't gotten a "kill the last spy or else" message, it certainly seems like it's getting more urgent. Not knowing their win conditions (or Hellheart's, for that matter), I'm going that way.

I know Furin was seered a couple of nights ago (vote manipulation + passive defensive/info powers, I believe) - was he positively seered as the spy? I'd hate to have that piece wrong just because the Cardassians were playing mind-games.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 18 Oct 2013, 14:22:12

Hellheart wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:

Statement: You have Furin's belief against good sense strategy.

Commentary: Seriously. If a Klingon died today, I'm scrap metal.

Statement: There is currently unimportant information that I will fully reveal if the Spy continues to let the Klingon faction dogpile on me

Admission: Scenario 2 leaves Furin alive. If the Klingons did not betray me, I would let them share victory.

I keep thinking and thinking and thinking. Damnit I believe you. If you didn't target me last night then someone did and I'd like to find them *fast*.

Hellheart, would you care to join me on rekard?

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 18 Oct 2013, 14:34:31

rekard. Who is Gul and who else can nightkill except for Hellheart? Somebody is keeping quiet about something. Heck, someone murdered Admetus and we still haven't found them.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 18 Oct 2013, 14:40:34

DOM, you know you want to kill rekard and then go for 2v2 tomorrow. Its the best possible way to go. Visigoth and Hellheart will be alive to form the last pair, the sociopath and the admiral.
Our powers are reactive, maybe yours are activatable. Lynch the Cardassian and then lets see throw all care to the wind and see what happens when your unstoppable forces meet our immovable objects. Maybe we'll see what a Klingon power or two does when they get lynched. I genuinely see no route for either of our teams to endgame if you lynch a Klingon today. Because then a Romulan dies tomorrow. And then we'd just be on one player each, and Klingons and Romulans lose all of the lead they've earnt right now. You know that the Machiavellian bastard in you wants it this way. You don't care for justice for Ozymandias, you want to keep the Romulans in the end-game, and the Klingons are no danger to that currently. We just want the Cardassians dead because they'll never stop trying to vote for us. Besides, we Klingons haven't exactly made many friends out of the Federation, and Hellheart keeps saying he's with us while at night he stabs at us with knives. This could end up well for you. And it could end well for us. Vote for rekard and give your team a good chance at the victory.

Or you know, we could pursue the route that self-destructs both our teams and have us vote for you and you vote for us.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 14:50:45

There was an old Earth story Odo once tried to me, something he'd heard from O'Brien. He didn't tell it very well so I apologize for any mistakes I might make, but it went something like this:
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
A scorpion came to the banks of a large river and needed to get across. It asked a nearby turtle to carry it to the other side.

"Why would I do that?" asked the Turtle. "You'll just sting me while I'm swimming."

"Not so!" cried the Scorpion. "If I sting you while you're swimming, we'll both drown!"

After pondering the logic of the Scorpion's words, the Turtle agreed to carry it across.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-

I think we can all guess what happened in the middle of the river. That story struck me as fairly apropos for where we are at now, since it seems to me that we have two scorpions out there at the moment. Does anyone really want to be the Turtle?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 18 Oct 2013, 15:01:47

To be fair, we're all scorpions here.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 15:07:38

FurinMirado wrote:To be fair, we're all scorpions here.

But some are more scorpion than others.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 18 Oct 2013, 15:17:20

Going to go with FurinMirado again. Not sure if he is the spy or not. Really my thought is that with it being 2-2-1-1-1 right now if the Romulans and Klingons work together they could potentially take out the last member of any of the single player teams and depending on if anyone has a night kill power on one of those teams put it at 2-2-1. Tomorrow they kill the last singleton and have a co-victory or if one of them has a night/day kill ability it gives them the win. So for me it's about trying to limit the ability for that co-victory. Admittedly it does give the Romulans a better shot of doing a solo victory, but if a there is a night/day kill power that isn't in the hands of one of those teams that they'd then take out one of the Romulans to kind of tie it up a bit.

Of course I wouldn't be opposed to a little king making offer if one of the likely winning teams would like to take me to the end to act as an easy singleton team to keep around for easy parity.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 18 Oct 2013, 15:21:24

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Hurrf.

FurinMirado

Strategically, I don't know that it's my best move - if there are 2 Romulans tomorrow and 1 of everyone else, I'm pretty certain of who will get ganged up on. That said, Omega-as-Q has been pushing for the spy death for some time, and while we haven't gotten a "kill the last spy or else" message, it certainly seems like it's getting more urgent. Not knowing their win conditions (or Hellheart's, for that matter), I'm going that way.

I know Furin was seered a couple of nights ago (vote manipulation + passive defensive/info powers, I believe) - was he positively seered as the spy? I'd hate to have that piece wrong just because the Cardassians were playing mind-games.

The master stroke hss to be revealed until the end. You talking about Furin.mirado reassures me of my options.

My turn of the maul was yesterday. And Furin is apparently resistant to the night kill actions.Hence it failed.

I do not know exactly about the Klingon's powers in the whole, but Clear shouod be the one to be less trusted in these situations. He always barnishes his lies with a hint of truth and plays the pity discourse with skill.

"I don't have anything useful" "We can deal with each other lately "

He always has a card under his sleeve. How many people fall under the belief of his snake tongue? I have seen wolves and Ionitor get fooled by him. The truly Machavellian bastard is him. And they worry because I am the only one besides them who knew any real information about what the spies were.

Spies always seered spies. They also could vig spies. And lastly they could defend against each other. I assure you though, that they have sonethibg ready for the Romulans if tge Federation or the Cardassians die.

The question is: Who has the maul today?

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 15:26:30

Visigoth wrote:Of course I wouldn't be opposed to a little king making offer if one of the likely winning teams would like to take me to the end to act as an easy singleton team to keep around for easy parity.

Could you trust any promises from a team with a secret, supplemental win condition?

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 18 Oct 2013, 15:27:53

Visigoth, what did the klingons do to the federation so far? You become more powerful the closer to 2v2v1 the situation becomes. Then just like a hung parliament, the smallest party gets all the power. Why kill furin? Has he threatened your sovereignty?

Fitting metaphor okaros, but you know what they say. if you go seeing scorpions everywhere one of these days youre going to fall off a cliff and be eaten by turtles.

Oh and btw. Ozy had a secret win condition. The klingons dont. Stop pushing that on us.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 18 Oct 2013, 15:30:33

Okaros wrote:
Visigoth wrote:Of course I wouldn't be opposed to a little king making offer if one of the likely winning teams would like to take me to the end to act as an easy singleton team to keep around for easy parity.

Could you trust any promises from a team with a secret, supplemental win condition?
Of course not. But better alive then dead I always say. Live to fight another day and all that.

Of course you a but a simple tailor so would never lie about anything.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 18 Oct 2013, 15:37:42

Clearasday wrote:Visigoth, what did the klingons do to the federation so far? You become more powerful the closer to 2v2v1 the situation becomes. Then just like a hung parliament, the smallest party gets all the power. Why kill furin? Has he threatened your sovereignty?

Fitting metaphor okaros, but you know what they say. if you go seeing scorpions everywhere one of these days youre going to fall off a cliff and be eaten by turtles.

Oh and btw. Ozy had a secret win condition. The klingons dont. Stop pushing that on us.
Well, they were going to kill me due to thinking I was a sociopath. Hard not to take that a little personally. As to why FurinMirado? Mainly because he has votes already. If you or one of the Romulans had votes I would have voted on them instead. Really just trying to take away some of the larger voting block teams down a bit. Also when someone like Gowron is leading a group you always have to be wary of them. He's got the crazy eyes.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Oct 2013, 15:41:05

FurinMirado wrote:I keep thinking and thinking and thinking. Damnit I believe you. If you didn't target me last night then someone did and I'd like to find them *fast*.

Hellheart, would you care to join me on rekard?

Statement: I did not vote for you and I do not plan to now that you have retracted your vote.

Commentary: I'm interested in seeing where the Romulans go before I make my decision, but I would relish the chance to kill rekard.

Absurd Commentary: I would also ketchup, mustard, and chili the chance to kill rekard.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 15:42:13

Visigoth wrote:Of course you a but a simple tailor so would never lie about anything.

Now now, I never said *that*. As a vendor of cloth I am no stranger to the art of prevarication and would never pretend otherwise. Unlike certain Klingons who seem to think declaring themselves honorable makes the rest of us blind to the knife they're holding behind their backs.

So, would you care to purchase some of my fine wares? Perhaps a suit made of Andorian silk?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Oct 2013, 15:46:04

FurinMirado

Statement: My win condition requires me to be the last one standing.

Commentary: I somehow doubt that, if 4 players remain, I will be surviving the lynch.

Observation: If I continue not to kill people, I get to insult meatbags and amuse myself for at least one additional day. That is enough for me.

Commentary: It's been a good run up to this point. I really thought I had a chance.

((I would really like to know what rat-bastard tracked me so I can kill him next game. I could've probably argued away everything else))

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 18 Oct 2013, 15:48:55

If you have an offer that doesnt involve furin dying, the klingons will consider it. We're big fans of tea parties and are even known on occasion to host a cracking barbeque. We bring honour, retroactive knives, and really great hair to the table. What's not to love?

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 18 Oct 2013, 16:02:36

Okaros wrote:
Visigoth wrote:Of course you a but a simple tailor so would never lie about anything.

Now now, I never said *that*. As a vendor of cloth I am no stranger to the art of prevarication and would never pretend otherwise. Unlike certain Klingons who seem to think declaring themselves honorable makes the rest of us blind to the knife they're holding behind their backs.

So, would you care to purchase some of my fine wares? Perhaps a suit made of Andorian silk?
That might be nice... hopefully not something that would look good on me in a casket. Especially as I've always thought about having my body vacuum dessicated and sold off. Admittedly I'm sure many would think it odd for me to use the Ferengi custom, but the thought of a bit of me being around sounds nice. Better than being buried or shot into space.

Clearasday wrote:If you have an offer that doesnt involve furin dying, the klingons will consider it. We're big fans of tea parties and are even known on occasion to host a cracking barbeque. We bring honour, retroactive knives, and really great hair to the table. What's not to love?
True, you did give us raktajino which is a decent bargaining chip but might need a little more. Probably it would require you turning on your Romulan friends to which you've somewhat given your agreement to not target until the Cardassians are gone. Turning on an ally to save one of your own. Would such a move land you in Sto-vo-kor or Gre'thor?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 16:05:45

Clearasday wrote:Visigoth, what did the klingons do to the federation so far? You become more powerful the closer to 2v2v1 the situation becomes. Then just like a hung parliament, the smallest party gets all the power. Why kill furin? Has he threatened your sovereignty?

And what about the spies? Do they have a secret win condition? Either you know and you're not going to tell us, or you don't know - and you're not going to tell us. I'm going to have to assume that Omega didn't just throw them in for added flavor text.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 16:12:23

Visigoth wrote:That might be nice... hopefully not something that would look good on me in a casket. Especially as I've always thought about having my body vacuum dessicated and sold off. Admittedly I'm sure many would think it odd for me to use the Ferengi custom, but the thought of a bit of me being around sounds nice. Better than being buried or shot into space.

You know, Quark tried something like that once. I believe I still have some samples for a variety of commemorative bags he was thinking about using to sell his dessicated remains. Perhaps you'd be interested in taking a look today in case things don't go well tonight?

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 18 Oct 2013, 16:18:36

Romulans, is this how how we're going? To war today so that another faction beats us both tomorrow? Just to be clear about it all.

As far as I'm aware the spies only goal was to help their faction by killing the other spies. Not a game ending goal but one to pursue nevertheless. Now are you off furin or on him? Its not too late to take rekard out and settle this mano el mano tomorrow. You'll win today. But you're nkt thinking of tomorrow.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 18 Oct 2013, 16:20:12

The only thing I know from the information relayed to me was that spies can kill spies, seer other spies, gain information from the other factions if they kill other spies, and gain a power up if all the other spies are dead.

As they could kill spies, it is no surprise that all the factions other than the Romulans wanted to keep them in game.

I do not know what is th reward from killing the spies, but honestly, who wants to know.

The worst is if they have another secret win condition. If Garak had one, and probably Ozy modified part of his, it can be troublesome.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 18 Oct 2013, 16:20:56

rekard wrote:

FurinMirado

The master stroke hss to be revealed until the end. You talking about Furin.mirado reassures me of my options.

My turn of the maul was yesterday. And Furin is apparently resistant to the night kill actions.Hence it failed.

I do not know exactly about the Klingon's powers in the whole, but Clear shouod be the one to be less trusted in these situations. He always barnishes his lies with a hint of truth and plays the pity discourse with skill.

"I don't have anything useful" "We can deal with each other lately "

He always has a card under his sleeve. How many people fall under the belief of his snake tongue? I have seen wolves and Ionitor get fooled by him. The truly Machavellian bastard is him. And they worry because I am the only one besides them who knew any real information about what the spies were.

Spies always seered spies. They also could vig spies. And lastly they could defend against each other. I assure you though, that they have sonethibg ready for the Romulans if tge Federation or the Cardassians die.

The question is: Who has the maul today?
hangnon. You have a maul? And you know a significant amount about spies. What arent you telljng us?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 18 Oct 2013, 16:21:27

So - more reasoning on Furin (for today), from my perspective:

He has a vote manipulation power. Whoever seered him a couple of nights back can probably verify that - and we saw it in use yesterday. It was more powerful than I expected, but that probably means it's limited by frequency-of-use. . . meaning that if we leave him alive another day, his power recharges, and it doesn't matter how the votes fall, because he could become un-lynchable.

I think he's the spy. I'm not sure about that; I don't have evidence one way or the other. That could have been a Cardassian ploy, an Ozy ploy, or not a ploy at all. CAD could be the Klingon spy instead. But with Qmega warning us more and more that we have to get the spy, I can't help but think that the spies are getting close to their end-goal.

He's FurinMirado. See: Game XIII ("Never Forget!")

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 18 Oct 2013, 16:23:11

Clearasday wrote:Romulans, is this how how we're going? To war today so that another faction beats us both tomorrow? Just to be clear about it all.

As far as I'm aware the spies only goal was to help their faction by killing the other spies. Not a game ending goal but one to pursue nevertheless. Now are you off furin or on him? Its not too late to take rekard out and settle this mano el mano tomorrow. You'll win today. But you're nkt thinking of tomorrow.

One thing's for sure: If you want Furin to live another day, rekard's not the way to do it. You should consider trying to give us something else that we want.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Oct 2013, 16:32:17

Okaros wrote:
Clearasday wrote:Romulans, is this how how we're going? To war today so that another faction beats us both tomorrow? Just to be clear about it all.

One thing's for sure: If you want Furin to live another day, rekard's not the way to do it. You should consider trying to give us something else that we want.

Plea: I'm just a simple, useless rustbucket, please don't make me die!

((I really did think that AVS was Federation. I have nothing against the Romulans specifically.))
Last edited by Hellheart on 18 Oct 2013, 16:33:49, edited 1 time in total.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 18 Oct 2013, 16:32:46

But Okaros, such words are madness. Your goal could be to kill the sociopath. Or to kill the admiral. How do we know you aren't an inch from endgame.

Computer
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Computer » 18 Oct 2013, 16:33:52

Okaros the Tailor has a [Weapon]

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 18 Oct 2013, 16:34:09

Well then, it looks like we come to wra. We don't want any more hidden role Cardassians alive, and you seem insistent on making sure both of us die. I really can't see a way forward for you when we die tomorrow. You think rekard will show you mercy? You think Visigoth will offer you a deal? They're only united in their belief that we're evil here. They're not united in anything more. Today the Klingons burn, tomorrow the romulans bursn.

Return to “Outpost 216”