Day 10: Death Wish

Once a bustling colony, now a barren rock, and soon to be the site of a game.
Located somewhere near The Neutral Zone.
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Day 10: Death Wish

Postby Omega » 21 Oct 2013, 16:33:30

It seemed like the spring had returned to Q’s step. Whether it was the Risian paradise world they now seemed to inhabit or the large lionesque creature Q had found to play with, no one could be sure, but this was nevertheless a far cry from the anxious concerned Q of a the previous days. In fact, Q seemed so distracted, the crowd had to gently remind him that it was time for the lynching.
Q took the ballot box from crowd and found that for yet another day in a row, a Cardassian had the honor. rekard was brought before Q in irons. Unlike with Mr. Garak however, there was no cruiser to beam rekard away as he pushed into the lion’s den.

While the days on the paradise were warm and sunny, the nights were a different story. The warmth of the day bred mosquitoes the size of small pheasants. But the constant humidity wasn’t the problem, the mosquito like creatures weren’t the problem, the hunger was what bothered Okaros the most. What he wouldn’t do for a Jumbo Romulan mollusk… It had been years since he had one. Okaros closed his eyes and thought about the mollusk from that little café on the northern continent. He soon slipped into an uncomfortable sleep, tossing and turning, due more to hunger than anything else.
Okaros’ visitors that night wasted no time. While night may have been abnormally long on that world, a new day was about to dawn, and that day would dawn with one less Romulan.

The Cardassian Faction has been eradicated.

rekard, Gul Macet, Cardassian
rekard’s Role PM wrote:You are Gul Macet. It is known that Bajor was a fiasco, no doubt about that, but, what is always forgotten is that you weren’t there until the end. This is all really Dukat’s fault. Well, Dukat and Garak. Unfortunately, while Dukat is off wherever he is, you’re here. And you were just about to catch that vole loving bastard.

You will receive a personal victory (and power up) if you discern who Garak is before he otherwise dies. In order to do this, you must PM the GM. You may only do this three times per game and may not do it on consecutive days.

You are the ranking officer here and as such, you receive immunity from night kills, if however, you are the target of multiple night kill attempts on the same night, another member of your team will die.

This does not protect you from Garak.
[You have a weapon.]

Okaros, Senator Vreenak, Romulan
Okaros’ Role PM wrote:You will receive information randomly selected from other faction’s Seers. You will know whether or not the information they received is accurate or whether or not IT’S A FAAAAAKE!
[You do not have a weapon]

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 10: TBD

Postby Omega » 21 Oct 2013, 16:35:47

Day 9 Votes:
rekard (7) - FurinMirado, Clearasday, Hellheart, +4 Power Votes
FurinMirado (5) - rekard, DastardlyOldman, Visigoth, Okaros, 1 Power Vote

Day 9 Vote History
[+] Votes
rekard voted for FurinMirado
FurinMirado voted for Hellheart (retracted)
DastardlyOldMan voted for FurinMirado
FurinMirado voted for rekard
Clearasday voted for rekard
Visigoth voted for FurinMirado
Hellheart voted for rekard
Okaros voted for FurinMirado

Day 9 Did Not Vote (0)

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 10: TBD

Postby Omega » 21 Oct 2013, 16:36:55

Day 10 will end at 17:00 PDT on Tuesday October 22, 2013.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 10: Death Wish

Postby Hellheart » 21 Oct 2013, 18:33:15

Observation: Somebody keeps stuffing the ballot box.

Suggestion: I could kill them for you.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 21 Oct 2013, 18:49:13

So Hellheart who should we invite to our utopian society? DOM? Or Visigoth?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 21 Oct 2013, 19:03:28

FurinMirado wrote:So Hellheart who should we invite to our utopian society? DOM? Or Visigoth?

Statement: I would obviously choose The Laughing One.

Suggestion: I could kill the other one for you.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 21 Oct 2013, 19:13:25

FurinMirado

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 21 Oct 2013, 19:32:52

DastardlyOldMan wrote:FurinMirado

Commentary: I would offer to kill him for you, but that particular meatbag appears to be immune to...well, everything.

Correction: Except for peer pressure.

Commentary: Leave it to the meatbags to discover a way to kill an opponent without using any violence.

Suggestion: I could attempt and fail to kill him for you.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 22 Oct 2013, 03:32:28

DastardlyOldMan lets end this. I'm assuming Visigoth will join you and Clearasday will join me. Hellheart it looks like you get to be the deciding vote.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Oct 2013, 04:17:15

FurinMirado wrote:DastardlyOldMan lets end this. I'm assuming Visigoth will join you and Clearasday will join me. Hellheart it looks like you get to be the deciding vote.

Statement: I am struggling to see how setting up a Klingon victory benefits me.

Commentary: Particularly since such a victory leaves the rust bucket Visigoth out in the cold.

Suggestion: I could kill Hellheart for you.

Clarification: It may take me quite some time to find another meatbag who uses that handle, but I assure you that when I do, he will die.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 22 Oct 2013, 04:36:36

Hellheart wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:DastardlyOldMan lets end this. I'm assuming Visigoth will join you and Clearasday will join me. Hellheart it looks like you get to be the deciding vote.

Commentary: Particularly since such a victory leaves the rust bucket Visigoth out in the cold.

Clarification: It may take me quite some time to find another meatbag who uses that handle, but I assure you that when I do, he will die.

Fair enough. I don't know if it makes a difference now, but I am not the Klingon Spy. I still don't have a reason to trust Clearasday, but I do know I have no way of winning without him.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Oct 2013, 04:44:38

FurinMirado wrote:
Hellheart wrote:

Fair enough. I don't know if it makes a difference now, but I am not the Klingon Spy. I still don't have a reason to trust Clearasday, but I do know I have no way of winning without him.

((Based on what rekard said, nobody ever has a reason to trust CAD))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Oct 2013, 05:46:09

Recitation: I can kill you in a box. I can kill you with a fox.

Continuation: I can kill you here or there. I can kill you anywhere.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Oct 2013, 10:01:57

Observation: We're missing a bunch of votes for an hour before EOD.

Commentary: I see no reason to end this game early to the detriment of the rustbucket Visigoth.

Statement: Therefore I will cast my vote for FurinMirado.

Observation: The Klingons have more voting power than the 3 other players combined.

Conclusion: This is more a vote of protest than anything else. Well done Klingons, it looks like your win had already been determined on the day that the Council exploded.

Amendment: This decision has nothing to do with the possibility of having an additional day to kill something.

Continuation: Absolutely nothing. In fact, assassination plays no part whatsoever in my calculations and decisions. I don't need to kill anything.

Unrelated Ditty: I've been killing on this planet, all the live-long day / I've been killing on this planet, bloody nights await...

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 22 Oct 2013, 10:13:56

Hellheart wrote:Observation: We're missing a bunch of votes for an hour before EOD.

Counter-observation: It is not an hour before EOD.
Qmega wrote:Regardless, Day 10 will end Tuesday at 17:00 PDT.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Oct 2013, 10:16:39

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Observation: We're missing a bunch of votes for an hour before EOD.

Shocked Query: Are you saying that I need to wait an additional six hours before I can kill something?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 22 Oct 2013, 10:59:40

Hellheart wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:

Shocked Query: Are you saying that I need to wait an additional six hours before I can kill something?

That's what she said.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 22 Oct 2013, 11:20:54

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Hellheart wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:

That's what she said.

...and that's how you know your wife has finally turned into her mother.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 22 Oct 2013, 12:44:15

FurinMirado wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Hellheart wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:

That's what she said.

...and that's how you know your wife has finally turned into her mother.

Please tell me you don't let them share transporter pods? That's worse than standing next to the replicator while it's running.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 22 Oct 2013, 13:52:04

I'm sure this will be a shocker to everyone, but FurinMirado. If you'd like to save yourself I'd be open to voting on your teammate as well. Though with the repeated vote manipulations not sure if this one will stick any more than the last one. Perhaps part of this reactive power Clearasday mentioned? If so it seems a bit unbalanced as it practically makes you unlynchable. And if Hellheart is stating the truth about not being able to kill you then it seems you might be unkillable in general. For that reason I'd be up to going after Clearasday instead. There's no guarantee that whatever vote manipulation that is in play saving you wouldn't also save him, but at least it would be someone new.

But for now you get my vote.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Oct 2013, 14:03:57

Visigoth wrote:I'm sure this will be a shocker to everyone, but FurinMirado. If you'd like to save yourself I'd be open to voting on your teammate as well. Though with the repeated vote manipulations not sure if this one will stick any more than the last one. Perhaps part of this reactive power Clearasday mentioned? If so it seems a bit unbalanced as it practically makes you unlynchable. And if Hellheart is stating the truth about not being able to kill you then it seems you might be unkillable in general. For that reason I'd be up to going after Clearasday instead. There's no guarantee that whatever vote manipulation that is in play saving you wouldn't also save him, but at least it would be someone new.

Statement: I have never attempted to kill FurinMirado

Recitation: Rekard stated that he attempted to maul FurinMirado and failed.

Commentary: Lying about that wouldn't do much for rekard at that point in the day. It certainly did nothing for him after the power votes.

Statement: I suspect the vote manipulation power may be a Klingon team power that was granted after the other spies died. That is when those power votes began to appear.

Commentary: I feel cheated. I didn't get any additional powers after my successful kills.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 22 Oct 2013, 14:16:30

Hellheart wrote:
Visigoth wrote:I'm sure this will be a shocker to everyone, but FurinMirado. If you'd like to save yourself I'd be open to voting on your teammate as well. Though with the repeated vote manipulations not sure if this one will stick any more than the last one. Perhaps part of this reactive power Clearasday mentioned? If so it seems a bit unbalanced as it practically makes you unlynchable. And if Hellheart is stating the truth about not being able to kill you then it seems you might be unkillable in general. For that reason I'd be up to going after Clearasday instead. There's no guarantee that whatever vote manipulation that is in play saving you wouldn't also save him, but at least it would be someone new.

Statement: I have never attempted to kill FurinMirado

Recitation: Rekard stated that he attempted to maul FurinMirado and failed.

Commentary: Lying about that wouldn't do much for rekard at that point in the day. It certainly did nothing for him after the power votes.

Statement: I suspect the vote manipulation power may be a Klingon team power that was granted after the other spies died. That is when those power votes began to appear.

Commentary: I feel cheated. I didn't get any additional powers after my successful kills.
Ah. Must have been combining your mention of failing to kill on Night 8 with rekard's attempt on FurinMirado into you failing to kill him.

That seems likely. Just a matter of if that is a spy only power or a team power. Even if it's just a spy power and FurinMirado is not the spy I doubt he's going to come out against Clearasday since it's helping to keep him alive as they take out the other candidate. Also I could see the spy victory being more of a personal victory while the team victory is still the prize so again no reason for either of them to rat the other out as the spy as their vote manipulation power puts them in a pretty safe place. Which makes voting on them a bit futile, but there has to be a weakness or limit since if not sure seems really imbalanced as it makes them practically unlynchable.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 22 Oct 2013, 14:28:32

Well let me put it this way:

1. You voted for me yesterday thinking "surely he can't pull off that trick again" and you were wrong

2. Now you're going to try lynching me a THIRD time hoping for a different result but if you're wrong this time, we win, game over, go home and cry about it

Considering that you can postpone the End of Game by lynching me OR clearasday, I'm wondering why you're beating your head against a wall instead of trying to open the door right next to you. It might not be locked you know.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 22 Oct 2013, 14:38:27

Third times the charm. If at first you don't succeed try, try again. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Wait, strike those last two.

And while I mentioned I be up for going after your partner I'm not going to go at him alone. If the others want to switch I'm game for trying Door #3 Monty.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 22 Oct 2013, 15:22:52

For crimes against me and downright slander, I hereby elect Retracted was DastardlyOldMan to be sentenced to burn as a witch. Also you know, team solidarity and all that. I doubt its going to work today though, as we have all but spent our mote vanipulation. Visigoth, you willing to swing over to DOM? We're pretty desperate today, we might let you have a place in our triumphal parade or something?

By the way, Furin is the spy, not me.
Last edited by Clearasday on 22 Oct 2013, 16:59:45, edited 1 time in total.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Oct 2013, 16:30:54

Clearasday wrote:For crimes against me and downright slander, I hereby elect DastardlyOldMan to be sentenced to burn as a witch. Also you know, team solidarity and all that. I doubt its going to work today though, as we have all but spent our mote vanipulation. Visigoth, you willing to swing over to DOM? We're pretty desperate today, we might let you have a place in our triumphal parade or something?

By the way, Furin is the spy, not me.

Suggestion: I could kill the parade for you.

Qualification: I may need a day to prepare if it's a particularly large parade. Meatbags start asking questions if a Protocol Droid purchases every thermal detonator within a 300-mile radius.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 22 Oct 2013, 16:49:36

We couldn't get you to switch could we Hellheart? And then nightkill me so that the game continues tomorrow? Am I right in thinking I have only 11 minutes to convince you to switch?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 22 Oct 2013, 16:59:46

In less than 60 seconds you all are going to find out how wrong you've been. c'est la vie

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 22 Oct 2013, 17:00:01

FurinMirado

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 22 Oct 2013, 17:00:38

Clearasday wrote:FurinMirado

Ah, there's my traitorous spy friend. :D

Return to “Outpost 216”