Day 11: The Q and the Grey

Once a bustling colony, now a barren rock, and soon to be the site of a game.
Located somewhere near The Neutral Zone.
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Day 11: The Q and the Grey

Postby Omega » 22 Oct 2013, 17:05:27

Night fell on another day and even the hearty Klingons seemed to be getting hungry. True to Q’s word, the plants on this planet were not edible, causing sickness in all who’d tried them. Even the vaguely monkey like animals running around had proved to be a bit more elusive to catch than once thought, and while FurinMirado did indeed catch one, even his Klingon stomach couldn’t handle it and he spent most of the long afternoon turning a shade of green that looked vaguely Romulan.
As Q returned from taking his pet lion-thing on a walk, it was time once again to count the votes. All agreed, it was time for the ill Klingon to leave the game. Rather than throwing FurinMirado to the lion, Q in an uncharacteristic moment of…mercy(?) simply snapped his fingers and the Klingon disappeared.
Q looked at the remaining players and smiled. After 10 days of this, what more needed to be said?

Many things went bump in the night and while someone killed Q’s pet lionesque, all of the players returned to start the next day.

FurinMirado, Wise, Aged, Klingon Veteran, Klingon
FurinMirado’s Role PM wrote:You are a Wise, Aged, Klingon Veteran (who’s had too much to drink)
It has been said that even while half drunk, Klingon warriors are among the best in the Galaxy. Lucky for you, whoever said that is right. You have the following abilities,

- You would die before you would lose your bat’leth, as a result, you are immune from all regular night kills (this includes the maul!)

- Unfortunately, all that blood wine has dulled your senses, you will be aware that you received visitor(s) in the night, you will not know who or what they did to you.

[You have a weapon]

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 11: TBD

Postby Omega » 22 Oct 2013, 17:06:18

Day 10 Votes
FurinMirado (7) DastardlyOldMan, Hellheart, Visigoth, Clearasday, 3 Power Votes
DastardlyOldMan (0) FurinMirado, -1 Power Vote

Day 10 Voting History
[+] Votes
DastardlyOldMan voted for FurinMirado
FurinMirado voted for DastardlyOldMan
Hellheart voted for FurinMirado
Visigoth voted for FurinMirado
Clearasday voted for DastardlyOldMan (retracted)
Clearasday voted for FurinMirado

Day 10 Did Not Vote (0)

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 11: TBD

Postby Omega » 22 Oct 2013, 17:07:14

End of Day is Wednesday, September 23 2013 at 17:00 PDT.

However, Vote Locking is in effect, please place [LOCKED] after your vote. If all votes are locked, I will EOD early. Make sure to send in any night targets before locking your vote.

Computer
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 11: The Q and the Grey

Postby Computer » 22 Oct 2013, 17:53:58

The Computer screen blinks on. Did you see the brief face of FurinMirado flicker across the screen?

Attention Attention: The Federation wins if the game is tied.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 22 Oct 2013, 18:19:12

Computer wrote:The Computer screen blinks on. Did you see the brief face of FurinMirado flicker across the screen?

Attention Attention: The Federation wins if the game is tied.

Statement: The Federation is the only Faction that deserves to win this game

Statement: My assassination skills are so poor at this point that I'd likely just kill myself.

((There are 4 players left. You guys are all veterans, so I'm not going to beat around the bush and pretend you don't already know that I have to die today. It's been a good run. I'll lock my vote on RETRACTED was Visigoth just to get this over with. Nothing personal, Visigoth, but I don't want DOM thinking I have a joint win condition with the first player that laughs when I demand it.))

((Pre-Post EDIT: Dumbass computer, of course the Federation can share victory. I'll believe they'll automatically solo-win the day Okaros gets a weapon))
Last edited by Hellheart on 23 Oct 2013, 13:59:49, edited 1 time in total.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 22 Oct 2013, 18:54:18

So, a Sociopath, a Klingon Spy, and a Federation Officer walk into a bar. . .

GDI.

Concerned about killing off the sociopath and giving the win to the spy, or vice versa.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 23 Oct 2013, 02:08:46

Who tried to kill me yesterday? Havent you worked it out yet?
And who vigilanted admetus?
Thats what I want to know.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 23 Oct 2013, 07:29:10

So looking at the power votes (again), it appears that they're connected to CAD somehow, although I'm not sure how. The off-votes are interesting, in that last night is the first time we had a negative power vote on the off-wagon instead of a positive power vote. Might've been based on whether the Klingons voted together or apart or some such.

Anyhow, I'm thinking that we can actually leave Hellheart alive for another day - he needs to be last-man-standing in order to win. There's a few options that tweak the endgame.

Lynch + Maul = 2 remain; either shared victory (two separate factions) or a coinflip between sociopath and remaining faction.
Lynch + Nightkill = same

Lynch + Maul + Nightkill = last man standing, assuming Maul & Nightkill target separately - rough assumption, so ~probably the same condition.

Lynch + no kill = three of us remaining the next day, possibly continuing once again. That most likely results in HH being lynched, since he could ~theoretically nightkill whomever doesn't get lynched to become last-man-standing.

I hate to go after CAD, but only because I think he's got mad vote manipulation powers (although he *did* tell us they were all used up yesterday - right before he used them again).

Clearasday for me. Your treachery knows no bounds, etc.

((What I'd really like to do here is save my game here so that I can come back and see all the alternate endings, but I guess I'll have to check YouTube for those.))

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 23 Oct 2013, 09:14:36

Clearasday (1) - DastardlyOldMan
Visigoth (1) - Hellheart [L]

To Vote:

Clearasday, Visigoth

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 23 Oct 2013, 10:14:54

Well, seeing as the aim of Hellheart doesn't seem that dangerous at this moment plus as DastardlyOldMan mentioned he needs to be the last man standing which will likely be hard to do. Not sure why you think you have to die today either. If anything you're one of the better people to take to the next day since if only one person is killed today the remaining two can gang up on you and share a co-victory the next day.

Now, Clearasday certainly seems more a threat to this quadrant than anyone else. He appears to be night kill immune (either like FurinMidaro or due to being a powered up spy) which makes him a bit dangerous. Plus he also appears to have vote manipulation powers that are likely due to being the last spy which again is helping him control the game. Not so mention that Q is interested in removing the spies and since he's obviously the last one I see no reason to not let Q have his way with him. Maybe he'll give us a cake if we turn over the last spy.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 23 Oct 2013, 11:17:06

((I'm willing to lock my vote in, but I don't want to do so while HH is on Visigoth - my guess is that he might want to unlock-and-move-that, assuming he knows that's plausible with vote-locking.))

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 23 Oct 2013, 11:31:21

Clearasday (2) - DastardlyOldMan, Visigoth
Visigoth (1) - Hellheart [L]

To Vote:

Clearasday

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 23 Oct 2013, 13:33:19

DastardlyOldMan wrote:((I'm willing to lock my vote in, but I don't want to do so while HH is on Visigoth - my guess is that he might want to unlock-and-move-that, assuming he knows that's plausible with vote-locking.))

((I'm worried that CAD's power votes activate whenever X number of people vote for a Klingon. It has to grant at least 3 power votes, so if that theory is true X is most likely 3. I'd hate to switch my vote to him only to have him drop a bunch of power votes on me because he'd be forced to coinflip me with 2 people left, but he'd be able to co-win if any other pair of players were left.

I really want to hear alternate theories for his power votes. Both Furin and CAD used the power on Day 8 for 6 power votes, and it's been used twice more since then. If it were limited-use I'd expect it to be either 3 or 5 uses. It did not require both Klingons to vote together since 3 power votes were dropped on Furin yesterday

I've got to go out to eat and do some shopping, but I should be back around 7:00 PM ET

EDIT: Nevermind, plans canceled))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 23 Oct 2013, 13:52:45

Statement: I will switch my vote to DastardlyOldMan - LOCKED for now.

Explanation: If another player is going to coinflip with the Spy to make it to Day 12, it's going to a meatbag.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 23 Oct 2013, 14:55:16

DOM you really are forcing me to vote for you, which is annoying. As I wanted to vote for Visigoth today. His power is that he wins lynches, he's also nightkill immune, and did I mention that he tried to maul me but failed yesterday because I'm nightkill immune? He's also potentially got a vote that is worth 2 against all of us. Oh and the computer says he'll win solo.

I'm the one with the reactive power here. Not him. Why why why would you vote for me. It doesn't matter, its just, I'd really like to take Visigoth down today, not you or me.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 23 Oct 2013, 14:58:03

Going in less than an hour btw, so I will be vote-locking soon. Just a heads up if anyone wants to actually change this situation.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 23 Oct 2013, 14:59:32

DastardlyOldMan, not locked yet.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 23 Oct 2013, 15:13:47

Clearasday wrote:DOM you really are forcing me to vote for you, which is annoying. As I wanted to vote for Visigoth today. His power is that he wins lynches
Not really true.
he's also nightkill immune
Also not really true.
and did I mention that he tried to maul me but failed yesterday because I'm nightkill immune?
True. The Federation also mauled Meta4 as well.
He's also potentially got a vote that is worth 2 against all of us.
And you have one that makes you basically lynch immune though I wish to test it in the hopes that you used it up and it can't/hasn't recharged.
Oh and the computer says he'll win solo.
Really not that different than everyone else here since it would all be solo wins.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 23 Oct 2013, 15:34:03

Visigoth wrote:
Clearasday wrote:He's also Nightkill immune
Not really true.

Observation: You are correct. Everybody appears to Nightkill immune.

Exception: I am not Nightkill immune. I simply kill the targeter before he can kill me. Much more efficient.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 23 Oct 2013, 15:41:28

Visigoth wrote:
Clearasday wrote:He's also potentially got a vote that is worth 2 against all of us.
And you have one that makes you basically lynch immune though I wish to test it in the hopes that you used it up and it can't/hasn't recharged.

So you admit that you have a vote manipulation power?

Actually that was mostly Furin. I don't know why it didn't appear on his death list. He was awarded it a few days ago for something and used it to astounding effect to propel the Klingons forward. I have a significantly smaller vote manipulation power than he has, and that has been all I've done so far. I have no aggressive powers nor have I anything that seers or silences or wins lynches like you have Visigoth. I will die today if lynched. And I will be lynched because of your extra vote.

Also, let me make this clear, we do know that you win ties of lynches Visigoth. That is 100% guaranteed, and when I die, I want to make sure that DOM and Hellheart know that he will win any tie tomorrow, as well as he's just admitted to having a vote manipulation power (which we think is +1 against every other player, but it might not work against sociopaths, we weren't sure)

Either way, I wanted to say that before I am lynched. Locking in soon. DOM you around?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 23 Oct 2013, 15:46:49

Around. Considering my options. Not sure that Furin would've used a vote manipulation power *against* himself, but maybe he had to target a third-party with it.

Not feeling particularly swayed at this point, but still considering.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 23 Oct 2013, 16:01:32

Nah - multiple figures came after Okaros, which pretty much means that the Klingons did him in. Granted, Visigoth was sure visiting us quite a bit before then, but nothing particularly nefarious came about on that one.

Lock existing vote on CAD.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 23 Oct 2013, 16:41:32

Lock existing vote on DOM then. Make sure you get Visigoth tomorrow. I'm happy to have made it this far.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 23 Oct 2013, 16:43:51

Or don't get Visigoth because then that would mean Hellheart will win. Well it'll be funny to see how you decide to do this tomorrow.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 23 Oct 2013, 16:55:09

Clearasday wrote:Or don't get Visigoth because then that would mean Hellheart will win. Well it'll be funny to see how you decide to do this tomorrow.

Prediction: I'm going to assassinate myself today. Or kill Q's Lionesque again.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 23 Oct 2013, 17:00:22

The Day has ended.

Return to “Outpost 216”