Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Day 2: RaveBomb

Postby Omega » 12 Jul 2018, 21:01:25

RaveBomb. 7-Zark-7. RaveBomb. 7-Zark-7.

Aldax kept muttering the two names to himself. While Iron Clad Burrito noticed it and largely dismissed it as the incoherent rantings of a mad hatter, Aldax had now attracted the attention of the whole village. Everyone gathered around to see whether or not Aldax would come back to his senses or if this would be the day the town lost its second best hatter. Why a town of this size needed multiple hat shops (let alone haberdasheries!) is a question best left unasked.

Meanwhile, stdio had been studying the blade. In fact, he loudly proclaimed to any that would listen that he’d studied it for quite some time, though no one could be quite sure. In a tragic bit of irony while wearing one of Aldax’s slightly oversized fedoras, stdio struck DastardlyOldMan. While most people would ordinarily try and hide or otherwise cover up the tragic accident, stdio called attention to himself, constantly reminding the townsfolk that while they were eating turnips, he’d been studying the blade.

Finally, Aldax’s eyes opened wide and he loudly exclaimed RaveBomb!

The townsfolk quickly wrapped RaveBomb in some heavy chains and cast him into the lake. Tossing in stdio’s blade for good measure. Neither returned to the surface.

RaveBomb, Villager

RaveBomb (3) - jrsthethird, dferrantino, Aldax
Iron Clad Burrito (2) - Ryvvn, Admetus
Ryvvn (2) - Iron Clad Burrito, sphenodont
stdio (2) - 7-Zark-7, RaveBomb
7-Zark-7 (1) - stdio
jrsthethird (1) - Visigoth

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 2: RaveBomb

Postby Omega » 12 Jul 2018, 21:01:32

[+] Votes
jrsthethird voted for RaveBomb
RaveBomb voted for jrsthethird (retracted)
Ryvvn voted for Iron Clad Burrito
Iron Clad Burrito voted for Ryvvn
dferrantino voted for RaveBomb
Admetus voted for Iron Clad Burrito
sphenodont voted for Ryvvn
Visigoth voted for jrsthethird
DastardlyOldMan voted for Iron Clad Burrito (retracted)
stdio voted for 7-Zark-7
7-Zark-7 voted for stdio
RaveBomb voted for stdio
Aldax voted for RaveBomb

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Jul 2018, 21:41:45

Could you clarify if Aldax’s vote was decided by RNG or Aldax himself (assumedly via PM)?

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 13 Jul 2018, 09:15:43

Ryvvn wrote:Could you clarify if Aldax’s vote was decided by RNG or Aldax himself (assumedly via PM)?

I didn't clarify the vote via PM because I thought that would be a no-no, but I voted for Ravebomb. The Zark vote was a mistake I didn't realize I had made until I saw the locked thread, sorry for that
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 13 Jul 2018, 10:32:05

Ryvvn wrote:Could you clarify if Aldax’s vote was decided by RNG or Aldax himself (assumedly via PM)?

In the interest of full disclosure, I actually ran it both ways. Aldax as the 3rd vote on RaveBomb, killed RaveBomb and RNG also killed RaveBomb when put in the 4 way tie.

RaveBomb was just really meant to die on Day 1.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 13 Jul 2018, 11:33:42

I think that was the correct decision. The vote for Rave was never properly retracted.

It may be far too early to take a serious look at this, but I'm almost inclined to start digging with those who voted Ravebomb. Again. The poor guy, ya know? It's like, 2 of the last 3 games where he went down quickly.
#Vote for: JRS3 retracted
, why you throw vote?
Last edited by Iron Clad Burrito on 15 Jul 2018, 15:24:39, edited 1 time in total.

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 13 Jul 2018, 15:45:02

In a tragic bit of irony while wearing one of Aldax’s slightly oversized fedoras, stdio struck DastardlyOldMan. While most people would ordinarily try and hide or otherwise cover up the tragic accident, stdio called attention to himself, constantly reminding the townsfolk that while they were eating turnips, he’d been studying the blade.

teleports behind DOM ...

-----------

Oh, and speaking of actions that come out nowhere ... RETRACTED was a vote for Admetus
Last edited by stdio on 15 Jul 2018, 11:56:18, edited 1 time in total.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 14 Jul 2018, 00:11:37

I voted before the player list was even posted. I guess I could’ve checked the signup thread, but I was lazy. I wasn’t going to change my vote when I’m in contention for a leading wagon.

I’d look at the one who put the nail in the coffin.
#Vote for: Aldax

Aldax

Postby Aldax » 14 Jul 2018, 08:21:38

That's a fair point, but I only broke the tie because at that point pushing a 4th,5th player to a tie was just too much.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 15 Jul 2018, 06:56:49

Entirely due to the tiebreaker. Nothing else to really go on.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 15 Jul 2018, 10:21:37

Keep going back and forth on if the vampires got lucky and converted stdio getting them that vig shot or if it was as he stated in his post. If they did get lucky then was his shot done to try and save the senior vampire or just random. Of course then I wonder about if they hadn't converted them to start with then would they go for him afterwards or not since it would be removing a possible confirmed human from the game. Or did they leave him alone as a trap for us to kill him for them. So kind of leaning towards voting on him just to clear up the issue but then worry that it's just what they'd want us to do. Just seems like trying to figure that one out is a full on rabbit hole situation and I'm left wondering why I'm talking with a smoking caterpillar.

I think I'll wander down a different track and say we take a look under the hood of Ricky Bobby was
#Vote for: Iron Clad Burrito
there. Primarily the end of Day 1 post about being a kingmaker when Aldax had likely already broken the tie. Or were you assuming that his votes wouldn't count or just the 7-Zark-7 one (since it was last)? Though at that point we all pretty much had kingmaker power since one changed vote would have put someone into the lead and to some degree it was a little odd you didn't move to save yourself regardless of the outcome of the Aldax vote decision.

I get the attention of Aldax with the tie breaker and the odd double vote. Maybe he got a vote on the public board mixed in with a vote on the vampires board leading to that double vote situation. I think that would be a first in the mispost chronicles of this game.
Last edited by Visigoth on 15 Jul 2018, 18:25:41, edited 1 time in total.

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 15 Jul 2018, 11:54:03

Visigoth wrote:Keep going back and forth on if the vampires got lucky and converted stdio getting them that vig shot or if it was as he stated in his post. If they did get lucky then was his shot done to try and save the senior vampire or just random. Of course then I wonder about if they hadn't converted them to start with then would they go for him afterwards or not since it would be removing a possible confirmed human from the game. Or did they leave him alone as a trap for us to kill him for them. So kind of leaning towards voting on him just to clear up the issue but then worry that it's just what they'd want us to do. Just seems like trying to figure that one out is a full on rabbit hole situation and I'm left wondering why I'm talking with a smoking caterpillar.

Hang on, I'm just wrapping up my youtube video on how TLJ literally ruined western civilization ... ok, now where was I? Oh, yes ...

If I had been converted, I'd have waited for some decisive moment, like if it came down to a Lynch or Lose situation and then I'd shoot and win the game. Or if not that dramatic of a situation, then at least something more interesting then a totally random shot on day 1. Avoiding the possibility of a vampire controlled vig on a lynch or lose day was one of my drivers for getting rid of the shot. Plus, consider it from the vampires standpoint: a converted vig is a extremely valuable asset and for the vampires to use that shot on DOM on Day 1 would be a stupid waste. Do you think the vampires are that stupid? I don't.

I don't like when people make a bunch of vague accusations, and then switch topics and vote on someone else. It feels like a suspicious attempt to muddy the waters, so I'm switching to RETRACTED the rickest rick retracts his vote for visigoth

Now, if you excuse me, mom's making tendies and I need to make sure she doesn't overcook them this time.
Last edited by stdio on 15 Jul 2018, 19:22:14, edited 1 time in total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 15 Jul 2018, 14:12:54

So when do we kill our confirmed human in stdio? Or do we assume the Master Vampire will expect us to kill him and go after another squishier target?

Aldax seems like too easy a target, and too much of a lightning rod to make a good conversion option.

I think if we skip over the obvious targets, I would probably arrive at
#Vote for: Admetus
as a good thrall.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Jul 2018, 14:39:10

Omega, question in rules thread.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 15 Jul 2018, 15:23:51

Visigoth wrote:I think I'll wander down a different track and say we take a look under the hood of Ricky Bobby
there. Primarily the end of Day 1 post about being a kingmaker when Aldax had likely already broken the tie. Or were you assuming that his votes wouldn't count or just the 7-Zark-7 one (since it was last)? Though at that point we all pretty much had kingmaker power since one changed vote would have put someone into the lead and to some degree it was a little odd you didn't move to save yourself regardless of the outcome of the Aldax vote decision.

Not being Omega, I was in no way going to assume what he was going to do, so I completely ignored the double vote. In any case, I could have moved my vote and worst-case, created a tie that removed heat from me and no one could blame me for it. So unless you're positing that I'm a vampire dumb enough to risk myself (either 50 or 100 percent of the vampire population) because I didn't move to save myself, I don't know what to tell you,
#Vote for: visigoth

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 15 Jul 2018, 18:08:46

Got a little jolt of panic when I realized I'd left this game for so long without checking in. Fortunately it didn't leave without me.

I often don't agree with the reflex lynching of Day 1 notables, generally. Aldax, especially, isn't really the type to make waves as a baddie.

Until we have something a little more interesting to talk about, I suppose I'm fine with removing a "usual suspect."
#Vote for: Visigoth

I think this is the tally, then?
Visigoth - stdio, Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus
Aldax - Jrsthethird, dferrantino
Iron Clad Burrito - Visigoth
Admetus - sphenodont

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 15 Jul 2018, 18:14:41

Time zones are hard.

I’m traveling for another two days. So. In a bit, when back at the hotel, I’ll answer the rules question and process votes / further update.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 15 Jul 2018, 18:25:59

If it's not too late then

Aldax

Postby Aldax » 15 Jul 2018, 18:30:25

Apparently it isn't

#Vote for: Visigoth

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Jul 2018, 19:04:31

Was hoping for rules answer before placing vote... but to prevent delay in day processing, and assuming I might be the only outstanding (without full review or officially tally):

Aldax

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 15 Jul 2018, 19:21:32

As an INTJ with a certified IQ of 180, I of course, immediately recognized the highly irregular voting patterns we've seen today. My little feint this morning certainly has produced some interesting results, hasn't it?

#Vote for: aldax

*tips fedora while simultaneously sheathing katana* You're welcome, visi

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 15 Jul 2018, 20:17:47

The GM says this:

Due to my inability to process the game on Tuesday. I'm going to extend this day for one more 24 set until 17:00 PDT on Monday July 16th.

Unfortunately, I'll be in flight during that time, but will be able to process when I get to the hotel tomorrow night. Then, Day 3 will be a 48 hour day, ending Wednesday July 18th. (And I'll finally be home.)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 15 Jul 2018, 20:46:20

Copying this over from the rules thread:
Omega wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Omega, I’m a little unclear on the conversion rules: initially rolled vamp converts night zero and the conversion happens “during day 1”

When during day 1, at the start so the game immediately starts with two vamps, or literally sometime during?

If successful, it would have occurred approximately half way through the day.

Ryvvn wrote:Then following that, each attempted conversion won’t trigger for a full cycle? So head vamp converts night 2, is decided successful, target x becomes a vamp on/during night 3? If so, and the conversion target is eliminated by town vote beforehand, do they reveal as human or vamp/converted?

Night 1: Vampiric Senior identifies conversion Target
Night 2: Target is converted (if the conversion was successful); Vampiric Senior identifies a new target.

If the target were to be lynched on Day 2, they would be revealed as converted (if the conversion was successful).

Stdio took their “humanizing” shot almost a full 24 hours after day 1 began, so well after Omega’s approximate half-a-day which would by default put that first conversion at the 12 hours after game start. Stdio absolutely could have been vamp at time of shot and the shot lends zero credibility at the time it was taken.

Also, we’ve had this discussion before, it is more wolfy than human to “let the chips fall where they may” when in a tied lead than to forcibly save yourself; 75% chance of survival without heat always sounds great to a wolf (I’ve taken that tactic many times myself).

Right now both of them are super suspicious to me, but neither of them have votes currently. We are going to wonder about stdio all game if we don’t just deal with the question now.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 16 Jul 2018, 04:47:10

Also, we’ve had this discussion before, it is more wolfy than human to “let the chips fall where they may” when in a tied lead than to forcibly save yourself; 75% chance of survival without heat always sounds great to a wolf (I’ve taken that tactic many times myself).

Vote for me and be done with it, then. You won't learn anything, but it'll shut THAT line of reasoning the fuck up.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Jul 2018, 10:51:04

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

Vote for me and be done with it, then. You won't learn anything, but it'll shut THAT line of reasoning the fuck up.

Happily, if others agree that pursuing your reveal takes precedence over stdio. Even if you were to reveal human, it does not make the noted strategy any less wolfy; specifically calling out your own willingness to not save yourself feels telling to me.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 16 Jul 2018, 12:25:47

Ryvvn wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

Happily, if others agree that pursuing your reveal takes precedence over stdio. Even if you were to reveal human, it does not make the noted strategy any less wolfy; specifically calling out your own willingness to not save yourself feels telling to me.

Tsk, tsk. "You're a wolf, but I'll only vote for you if others do."

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Jul 2018, 13:29:01

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

Tsk, tsk. "You're a wolf, but I'll only vote for you if others do."

As originally stated, I could vote for either you or stdio, but neither of you had any votes when I posted that, so I decided to start with stdio. That tsk only makes sense if I was a wolf and you were not, but that’s a lot of effort for me to not only try to swing a bunch of momentum your way, but to start it by placing a lone vote on stdio first.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 16 Jul 2018, 17:15:28

Shrug. In your heart you know I'm right. Also there is a vote on me now.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 16 Jul 2018, 19:41:45

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Shrug. In your heart you know I'm right. Also there is a vote on me now.

Now there is another.

#Vote for: iron clad burrito

More in a bit?

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Jul 2018, 19:58:24

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Shrug. In your heart you know I'm right. Also there is a vote on me now.

The one vote way earlier on you had been retracted. Know you’re right about what? You’ve simply been aggressive and defensive ever since I said you were one of two I suspected.

Since the day’s not over yet...

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 16 Jul 2018, 20:53:20

hey, it's a party!

Remember, when I die, keep repeating "but his day 1 actions!". You might save your own skin.

Return to “Newtown Square”