Day 3: Aldax

Postby Omega » 16 Jul 2018, 21:34:08

[Narrative to come. Sorry, I'm fried and still need to prepare for tomorrow.]

Aldax, Villager

Aldax (4) - Jrsthethird, dferrantino, Visigoth, stdio
Visigoth (3) - Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus, Aldax
Iron Clad Burrito (2) - 7-Zark-7, Ryvvn
Admetus (1) - sphenodont

Day 3 will end at 17:00 PDT on Thursday, July 19. (Extended)

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Re: Day 3: Aldax

Postby Omega » 16 Jul 2018, 21:34:15

[+] Votes
Iron Clad Burrito voted for Jrsthethird (retracted)
stdio voted for Admetus (retracted)
Jrsthethird voted for Aldax
dferrantino voted for Aldax
Visigoth voted for Iron Clad Burrito (retracted)
stdio voted for Visigoth (retracted)
sphenodont voted for Admetus
Iron Clad Burrito voted for Visigoth
Admetus voted for Visigoth
Visigoth voted for Aldax
Adlax voted for Visigoth
Ryvvn voted for Aldax (retracted)
stdio voted for Aldax
Ryvvn voted for stdio (retracted)
7-Zark-7 voted for Iron Clad Burrito

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ryvvn » 17 Jul 2018, 03:34:20

For those who didn’t pop back in during the tail end of the extremely extended previous day, I’d recommend giving it a look over.

#Vote for: Iron Clad Burrito

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 17 Jul 2018, 04:44:04

Yes, do!

In all seriousness, though, the reason I'm "aggressive and defensive" is that your suspicion of me is made of garbage.

I also see that your suspicion of stdio was as deep as a puddle.
Last edited by Iron Clad Burrito on 18 Jul 2018, 16:04:56, edited 1 time in total.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 17 Jul 2018, 08:39:59

So ICB,

You referenced your day 1 actions late yesterday.

I’m looking at the rnd post near end of day 1:

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Ok, wow, I seem to have kingmaking capability.

I don't want to vote for someone just in from the cold. Voting for zark is almost cliche for me now. And honestly I'll feel like a shitheel for just voting JRS by process of elimination.

So... This is to say that I'm just going to let the chips fall where they may.

May the odds be ever in my fucking favor!

Also: fucking autocorrect

Other than fucking autocorrect (she’s a better lay than clippy, let’s be honest), what should be considered?

This just in: The broadcast wiring team can’t find their way out of a paper bag. If anyone has a really big paper bag and could meet me on the upper west side, I’d appreciate it.

More in a bit?

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Jul 2018, 09:57:22

Ryvvn wrote:For those who didn’t pop back in during the tail end of the extremely extended previous day, I’d recommend giving it a look over.

Yep, read it.

#Vote for: Ryvvn

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 17 Jul 2018, 10:43:54

dferrantino wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:For those who didn’t pop back in during the tail end of the extremely extended previous day, I’d recommend giving it a look over.

Yep, read it.

[#vote]Ryvvn[/#vote]

Care to provide anything of substance? You were the person who first adaquetly articulated (in my opinion) the argument for “when human, always save yourself”

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 17 Jul 2018, 11:06:05

Ryvvn wrote:
dferrantino wrote:

Yep, read it.

[#vote]Ryvvn[/#vote]

Care to provide anything of substance? You were the person who first adaquetly articulated (in my opinion) the argument for “when human, always save yourself”

Sure.

There's a big difference between "bad play" and "definitely a wolf". Your laser focus on the latter when the former is a much simpler explanation is way more suspicious than ICB's defense of a mostly-unsubstantiated attack. You can talk about strategy all you want but a bad strategic decision isn't enough to justify the amount of heat you're throwing his way.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 17 Jul 2018, 11:29:40

7-zark-7 wrote:So ICB,

You referenced your day 1 actions late yesterday.

I’m looking at the rnd post near end of day 1:

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Ok, wow, I seem to have kingmaking capability.

I don't want to vote for someone just in from the cold. Voting for zark is almost cliche for me now. And honestly I'll feel like a shitheel for just voting JRS by process of elimination.

So... This is to say that I'm just going to let the chips fall where they may.

May the odds be ever in my fucking favor!

Also: fucking autocorrect

Other than fucking autocorrect (she’s a better lay than clippy, let’s be honest), what should be considered?

This just in: The broadcast wiring team can’t find their way out of a paper bag. If anyone has a really big paper bag and could meet me on the upper west side, I’d appreciate it.

More in a bit?

7z7

Two things. And a half.

First: I have already adequately explained that were I a vampire on day 1, what I did was extraordinarily dumb.

Second: initial suspicion of me on day 2 was for trying to figure out if a vampire killed Ravebomb. Then all the shenanigans occurred, including Ryvvn thinking that my play on day 1 was extraordinarily SMART for a vampire, and therefore I weighed as much as a duck, and therefore am a vampire.

And a half: would a vampire be this fucking belligerent?

If you or Ryvvn can adequately explain to me that I am a vampire based on the above, I'll lock in my vote and walk away from the rest of the day. Are you up for that?

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 17 Jul 2018, 21:43:49

#Vote for: ryvvn
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 17 Jul 2018, 22:31:45

Glad I wasn’t converted yet this game, since momentum is swinging my way, otherwise you all would just have assumed that’s the reason for my conviction.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 18 Jul 2018, 12:49:25

#Vote for: ICB
Last edited by Jrsthethird on 18 Jul 2018, 21:07:30, edited 1 time in total.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 18 Jul 2018, 15:23:51

Between the two of you, I'd definitely believe Ryvvn is a human. Less sure about ICB, the self-vote is pretty meh for a villager on Day 3.

I'd be pretty worried that we're letting the vampires just sit it out, but I don't have a better offering right now.

Because I have to entertain visitors, I'm going to put in a temporary vote on ICB, but I'd rather look again later if I have a chance, and change that.

#Vote for: ICB

OMG can phone editing be any more annoying...
Last edited by Admetus on 18 Jul 2018, 19:19:41, edited 3 times in total.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 18 Jul 2018, 16:04:08

Someone didn't read the rest of the thread. You're villagers, though, so I don't hold it against you.

#Vote for: Visigoth
, because that's where I was going yesterday.

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 18 Jul 2018, 16:04:36

Between the two contenders today I think I have to go back to my original vote yesterday of
. It still goes back to that end of day post and that he didn't try and save himself. I guess I just don't quite understand not trying to save yourself when in a tie. And that's really regardless of if you are a human or a vampire. Though it does work if you assumed that one of Aldax's votes would count so you'd be safe so no need to try and save yourself.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 18 Jul 2018, 16:07:11

Visigoth wrote: I guess I just don't quite understand not trying to save yourself when in a tie. And that's really regardless of if you are a human or a vampire.

... So you're saying I eat it because you didn't like my play, and it was neither human not wolfy.

Interesting.

Oh well. My only regret is that you won't learn shit from this.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 18 Jul 2018, 17:53:45

I really don’t know what to think of what happened yesterday. ICB changed but did not go for the other wagon, instead voting a random, useless Singleton. Makes me think that he and Ryvvn may actually be both vampires, drumming up some drama to deceive us. I still think it’s worth looking at stdio too, but that’s another day.

I was considering pushing it back to a tie. Seems too risky since he isn’t even pushing for Ryvvn. Why not try to not die tonight ICB?

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 18 Jul 2018, 18:29:48

Jrsthethird wrote:I really don’t know what to think of what happened yesterday. ICB changed but did not go for the other wagon, instead voting a random, useless Singleton. Makes me think that he and Ryvvn may actually be both vampires, drumming up some drama to deceive us. I still think it’s worth looking at stdio too, but that’s another day.

I was considering pushing it back to a tie. Seems too risky since he isn’t even pushing for Ryvvn. Why not try to not die tonight ICB?

I don't think Ryvvn is a vampire. I think it's actually visi and one of either you or zark. I could be wrong, but I'm voting my conscience.

And I should die without my own help. If I voted Ryvvn, I count it at 4-3. I still lose.

You're wrong about me, too.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 18 Jul 2018, 19:16:15

I'd be more willing to try Visigoth or JRS. Personally I could see Visigoth as being too obvious of a target. I don't think everyone feels that way, but some must.

#Vote for: Jrsthethird
Last edited by Admetus on 19 Jul 2018, 15:59:04, edited 1 time in total.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 18 Jul 2018, 21:07:10

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Jrsthethird wrote:I really don’t know what to think of what happened yesterday. ICB changed but did not go for the other wagon, instead voting a random, useless Singleton. Makes me think that he and Ryvvn may actually be both vampires, drumming up some drama to deceive us. I still think it’s worth looking at stdio too, but that’s another day.

I don't think Ryvvn is a vampire. I think it's actually visi and one of either you or zark. I could be wrong, but I'm voting my conscience.

And I should die without my own help. If I voted Ryvvn, I count it at 4-3. I still lose.

You're wrong about me, too.

Making it 4-3 increases the chance someone else changes their vote and saves you. Let’s assume you’re human. In your mind, you’re the only one that’s sure of your innocence; surely playing to that out is worth the chance of someone else dying. If you vote singleton, there’s a 0% chance of killing a vampire. If you vote for the next closest, it’s possible that a vote will switch and save you, which means there’s a ~20% chance that a vampire dies, IF a switch happens. I like the nonzero answer myself, and I think most tend to agree.

I could easily buy that you’re both human also. I’ve seen Ryvvn bicker with regard enough to know how distracting human-human arguments can be, especially when he’s involved.

We’ve got an extension, so I’d like to hear more from
#Vote for: dferrantino
. Seemed very quick to jump on Ryvvn after yesterday.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 19 Jul 2018, 03:35:19

I will not vote for Ryvvn just to save myself. I currently do not believe he is a vampire. I don't care if it's a bad play.

I could be convinced to switch to you, but I somehow don't think you'll go for that.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 19 Jul 2018, 08:25:04

Votes look like this, unless I've got something wrong:

ICB - 2 - Ryvvn, Iron Clad Burrito (retracted), Jrsthethird (retracted), Admetus (retracted), Visigoth
Ryvvn - 2 - dferrantino, 7-zark-7
Visigoth - 1 - Iron Clad Burrito
Jrsthethird - 1 - Admetus
dferrantino - 1 - Jrsthethird

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 19 Jul 2018, 08:38:00

Jrsthethird wrote:We’ve got an extension, so I’d like to hear more from
#Vote for: dferrantino
. Seemed very quick to jump on Ryvvn after yesterday.

Eh? I explained myself above:
dferrantino wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:
dferrantino wrote:

Yep, read it.

[#vote]Ryvvn[/#vote]

Sure.

There's a big difference between "bad play" and "definitely a wolf". Your laser focus on the latter when the former is a much simpler explanation is way more suspicious than ICB's defense of a mostly-unsubstantiated attack. You can talk about strategy all you want but a bad strategic decision isn't enough to justify the amount of heat you're throwing his way.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 19 Jul 2018, 09:05:36

I don't know what to make of build and collapse of the vote on Iron Clad Burrito. I don't think in a conversion game you play that antagonistically or call attention to yourself like that, so I don't think that he isn't currently a vampire but he might be a good target tonight.

Admetus wrote:I'd be more willing to try Visigoth or JRS. Personally I could see Visigoth as being too obvious of a target. I don't think everyone feels that way, but some must.

Visigoth is on my "too obvious to convert" list, as well. (dferrantino is the other.) I don't think that designation is too useful after the first couple of days, though, so don't read that as a "I think they're safe" but more of a "I wouldn't waste my vote on them at the start of the game". We're past that now, so I'm okay with a

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 19 Jul 2018, 09:27:50

I think what it all boils down to is this:

If I had said nothing and just left the rest of day 1 alone, no one would bother with me at all, except for vampires wanting me to stick around to endgame because I'm... me.

But I did, and explained it, and it was enough for people to just find a way to stay alive about day.

Edit: the last sentence brought to you by Gboard and work distraction. I don't even know, over an hour later, what that was supposed to be

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 19 Jul 2018, 15:58:52

Consolidating my vote to my second choice:

Return to “Newtown Square”