A newer betterer town square.
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Day 4: Visigoth

Postby Omega » 19 Jul 2018, 17:24:31

It was hot. Unseasonably and unreasonably hot. Even the lake felt warm to the point that swimming provided no relief. The town was on edge. The tavern was running dry trying to satisfy the town’s need for cool refreshment. It was failing. Ryvvn and Iron Clad Burrito were at each other’s throats over a game of Cards in the hat. Iron Clad Burrito wasn’t throwing them in right, or Ryvvn was talking too much, or some such. It wasn’t quite clear to anyone, the players included, how the barroom brawl erupted, some blame an errant card, others blame spilled mug of ale, but truth be told, it was Admetus who attacked Visigoth across the bar when he’d run out of whisk(e)y. Some things just bring a man to fisticuffs. Punches thrown, tables crushed underneath the weight of this villager or that one.

By the time the fight was broken up, almost half the town was bruised and bloodied. Except for poor Visigoth who was truly dead. In the melee he’d fallen back on a shattered table leg, which pierced his heart. Visigoth’s lifeless body turned to dust, slowly at first, and totally vanishing after only a few minutes.

Visigoth, Vampiric Senior

Visigoth (3) – Iron Clad Burrito, sphenodont, Admetus
Iron Clad Burrito (2) – Ryvvn, Visigoth
Ryvvn (2) – dferrantino, 7-Zark-7
dferrantino (1) – Jrsthethird

Did Not Vote (1) - stdio

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 4: TBD

Postby Omega » 19 Jul 2018, 17:24:51

[+] Votes
Ryvvn voted for Iron Clad Burrito
Iron Clad Burrito voted for Iron Clad Burrito (retracted)
dferrantino voted for Ryvvn
7-Zark-7 voted for Ryvvn
Jrsthethird voted for Iron Clad Burrito (retracted)
Admetus voted for Iron Clad Burrito (retracted)
Iron Clad Burrito voted for Visigoth
Visigoth voted for Iron Clad Burrito
Admetus voted for Jrsthethird (retracted)
Jrsthethird voted for dferrantino
sphenodont voted for Visigoth
Admetus voted for Visigoth

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 4: Visigoth

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Jul 2018, 18:23:04

I don’t have the brain power to hazard any guesses at who Visigoth would choose as their first conversion. If I find time, I’ll revisit votes, but I don’t really have the time nowadays to play and review these games as I systematically used to, and this being a conversion game makes it even less likely to happen.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 19 Jul 2018, 18:43:34

Well, this doesn’t look good for me.

Ryvvn still reads as human. It’s possible that stdio was a risky early conversion target, but with his recent inaction it’s ublikely he would be targeted again. Admetus’s looks very Human for breaking the tie, but it could be a ploy to sacrifice the master vampire for the greater good.

I think the obvious looks are dfer, zark, and myself. I’m willing to go either way, but will start on
#Vote for: zark
since my vote on dfer didn’t get any traction yesterday.
Last edited by Jrsthethird on 20 Jul 2018, 17:39:18, edited 1 time in total.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 20 Jul 2018, 06:36:30

We started with 12. 4 dead, so we are eight.

We aren't at Lynch-or-Lose, so there are fewer than 3 vampires.

Omega: As I read the rules, I'm guessing that the lack of a Senior during the night time means no conversion could happen last night, and I'm also guessing that there will be no conversion tonight due to the transformation of a Junior to a Senior? Are both of these things true?

But anyway, unless Omega corrects the Lynch-or-Lose condition, we're at 2 max.

Where the hell did stdio go? Yesterday felt like it was about 72 hours, but he disappeared...

My suspect list is too large yet. We know those remaining are converts. Dfer would be obvious because dfer. There's been time enough to convert stdio, and despite the quiet, it would still make sense to take away the one voice they know we could trust. And I'm still thinking about JRS or Zark, but (probably) not both.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 20 Jul 2018, 07:11:34

Ryvvn wrote:I don’t have the brain power to hazard any guesses at who Visigoth would choose as their first conversion. If I find time, I’ll revisit votes, but I don’t really have the time nowadays to play and review these games as I systematically used to, and this being a conversion game makes it even less likely to happen.

I mean...
dferrantino wrote:
Omega wrote:This will be a conversion game.

People buying garlic (8)
Visigoth
Admetus
Ryvvn
DastardlyOldMan
Jrsthethird
Aldax
sphenodont
Iron Clad Burrito

Already found the first two converts.

Also, in.

Normally I'd be looking at DOM right now, but he's already dead. Next logical guess is, honestly, me, so while I can tell you that it's a bad idea, I don't think I can fault anyone for voting on me on pure meta. I'm usually converted 3rd or 4th, but historically DOM, Visi, and I are all converted as a group, so...yeah. Not sure we've ever had a game where Visi was in full control of the conversion though, and since conversions aren't guaranteed there's an open question as to whether or not a conversion stuck after the first. The rules are also a bit unclear on timing so I'm not sure if he even got a conversion every night.

So the thought here is: if you're Visi, who are you picking before the game starts (DOM's out and I haven't been converted, so my bet's on
#Vote for: stdio
), and who looks like a good target thereafter. Given the question of timing in the rules, I'm not sure what other days we should be looking at, and how/when vote records are going to change.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 20 Jul 2018, 09:07:44

Okay, I’ve got a question. Does anyone want to join the international brotherhood of the traveling pantselectrical workers and come work in NYC? Semi serious offer. I’ve been underwater on a system build and this is why we can’t have nice things. I think any of this group could succeed where the local isn’t really delivering.

Don’t tell hr I am picking at scabs or this thing will never heal.

That aside, I poked semi vigorously at ceviche boy (as one does). I don’t really suspect ICB. But I was not seeing visi. Need to figure out what I missed there.

Stdio is of interest if only on narrative causality. We’re i a fanged sort of guy, I’d probably take a bite of him. “Confirmed human” and all that kind of goings on. Unless that’s what the hemoglobin guild wants us to think.

Dferr is interesting as well. Given Dom wasn’t converted (and Visi wasn’t going to collect the whole set without losing one of them) would he go for one?

Provisional on
#Vote for: retracted, was JRS
I figure he’s got a one in three chance of being allergic to garlic.

More in a bit?

7z7
Last edited by 7-zark-7 on 22 Jul 2018, 11:25:33, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Retracted vote
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 20 Jul 2018, 15:05:19

If we’re not in danger of game over, I think we need to uncover stdio now rather than let that hang to a point where the entire game rests on the question of “Did Visi win the lottery from the start?” It’s entirely possible he did, though stdio’s absence for such a long yesterday does wrinkle things a bit.

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 20 Jul 2018, 15:37:54

sorry for dropping off the face of the earth, a work thing came up that involved me driving out and spending two days at a location way the hell off the beaten track that only has microwave comms and like zero cell signal and me getting on the internet with a work machine would have been ... ummm .... frowned on.

also:

REDACTED jrs was a vote for jrs

edit:

my jrs vote is pretty much defensive, make a case for why I should switch it and maybe I will
Last edited by stdio on 22 Jul 2018, 13:42:40, edited 1 time in total.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 20 Jul 2018, 15:57:12

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Omega: As I read the rules, I'm guessing that the lack of a Senior during the night time means no conversion could happen last night

Correct.

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I'm also guessing that there will be no conversion tonight due to the transformation of a Junior to a Senior? Are both of these things true?[/color]

There may be a conversion attempt tonight. The transformation (upgrade?) would be a night time action.

The presence of a lynch or lose situation will be announced in the opening post.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 20 Jul 2018, 15:59:27

Stdio has returned. The ship he was on carried all the libations and provisions you need.

It may have carried something else.

The GM says this:

Nothing in this post should be construed as relevant to stdio’s disposition. The event which may have occurred is not affected by a player’s team.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 20 Jul 2018, 16:15:58

#Vote for: Stdio
. Sorry, but you're literally the first person they should have tried for once you outed yourself.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 20 Jul 2018, 17:38:55

#Vote for: [vote]stdio
[/vote]
Last edited by Jrsthethird on 22 Jul 2018, 16:59:45, edited 2 times in total.

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 20 Jul 2018, 18:24:07

Omega wrote:Stdio has returned. The ship he was on carried all the libations and provisions you need.

I might as well vote for myself! That's ok, we'll just see how it plays out

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 20 Jul 2018, 22:42:03

Omega wrote:Stdio has returned. The ship he was on carried all the libations and provisions you need.

Was anything else alive on the boat? Did it just kind of list into port in a black cloud? Was there any omninous music playing when it arrived?

More in a bit?

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 22 Jul 2018, 10:47:27

I have some information you might like to check out:

I'm a seer. Second game in a row! Hah.

Night 1: Dferrantino has been approached for conversion. I can't tell you if that includes both Night 0 and Night 1 or just Night 0... probably both? Depends on timing.
Night 2: Somehow I failed to send in a seer request. I think I closed the browser before finishing it or something. Sorry! I was surprised when Omega said I didn't send him anything.
Night 3 (last night): Jrsthethird has not been approached for conversion.

So now you have to consider the possibility that I might actually go for a reveal as a lying, converted seer after getting nice human cred from killing Visigoth. I mean, they couldn't have converted me last night! But that didn't happen, I'm still clear. Actually I'm conversion immune -- I originally thought that was just the doctor. I guess vampires don't like the taste of human steeped in lots of tea. Only worry for you now is a fake claim, but I can't think of any special reason that would be likely to work.

There's also the worrying "if successful" in blue on The Tasseomancer’s Apprentice rules. Omega hasn't explained that one. I'm hoping that it means if I'm not successful, I don't get a message at all, rather than an unreliable message.

Since the doctor is not converted (he'd die from that) and not discovered, I'll probably live one more night. I mean, as long as he checks in this afternoon. There's always that issue.

#Vote for: dferrantino

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 22 Jul 2018, 11:15:37

#Vote for: dferr

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 22 Jul 2018, 13:41:50

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 22 Jul 2018, 16:59:01

#Vote for: dferrantibo

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 22 Jul 2018, 17:16:07

Bite me,
, oh wait, you won’t have the chance to!

Return to “Newtown Square”