Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Re: Day 5: dferrantino

Postby Omega » 22 Jul 2018, 21:39:00

[+] Votes
Jrsthethird voted for 7-zark-7 (retracted)
dferrantino voted for stdio
7-zark-7 voted for Jrsthethird (retracted)
Ryvvn voted for stdio (retracted)
stdio voted for Jrsthethird (retracted)
Iron Clad Burrito voted for stdio
Jrsthethird voted for stdio (retracted)
Admetus voted for dferrantino
7-zark-7 voted for dferrantino
stdio voted for dferrantino
Jrsthethird voted for dferrantino
Ryvvn voted for dferrantino

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Jul 2018, 08:43:32

Holy elk, I missed some excitement!

Thankful for the game tea-drinker coming forward there.

Mathematics dictate that there is 1 out there, and logic says it is neither Admetus not JRS, since they couldn't convert last night. This was a d2 conversion, meaning dferr didn't name the target.

My current leaning is Zark since it's not JRS, but I don't feel strongly enough about that to vote yet.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 23 Jul 2018, 10:32:45

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Holy elk, I missed some excitement!.

Have I mentioned how tedious play from iPhone can be? Differences in the quotes the forum wants vs the ones preferred by undead Steve Jobs. I wanted to copy the reveal to today’s thread to make it a bit easier:

[+] Earl Grey Hot
Admetus wrote:I have some information you might like to check out:

I'm a seer. Second game in a row! Hah.

Night 1: Dferrantino has been approached for conversion. I can't tell you if that includes both Night 0 and Night 1 or just Night 0... probably both? Depends on timing.
Night 2: Somehow I failed to send in a seer request. I think I closed the browser before finishing it or something. Sorry! I was surprised when Omega said I didn't send him anything.
Night 3 (last night): Jrsthethird has not been approached for conversion.

So now you have to consider the possibility that I might actually go for a reveal as a lying, converted seer after getting nice human cred from killing Visigoth. I mean, they couldn't have converted me last night! But that didn't happen, I'm still clear. Actually I'm conversion immune -- I originally thought that was just the doctor. I guess vampires don't like the taste of human steeped in lots of tea. Only worry for you now is a fake claim, but I can't think of any special reason that would be likely to work.

There's also the worrying "if successful" in blue on The Tasseomancer’s Apprentice rules. Omega hasn't explained that one. I'm hoping that it means if I'm not successful, I don't get a message at all, rather than an unreliable message.

Since the doctor is not converted (he'd die from that) and not discovered, I'll probably live one more night. I mean, as long as he checks in this afternoon. There's always that issue.

#Vote for: dferrantino

ICB, other than just pointing people toward me, can you elaborate? I’ve tentatively got JRS on my nice list based upon the word of the tea service,as well as Admetus because he is the tea service.

Interested in
#Vote for: Stdio
as the more likely candidate - potential lightning rod (with lynch traffic yesterday to attest before the reveal), but if we are speaking of a day 2 conversion he might be more likely.

Can you elaborate on why only one remains? If there was a day zero convert & they have day 1 and 2 to play with before Visigoth got got, my count is 2 potential junior mints

More in a bit?

7z7

Edit: iPhone ate my longer post. I’m looking at you, undead Steve Jobs!
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Jul 2018, 10:46:17

Playing from a Nexus 6 is just as tedious.

The case is weak, I'm still evaluating. It's even weaker now that I reread the seer reveal and review the timing of actions you took that I considered suspicious (thanks for the quote). I'm still thinking.

(And job interviewing. Oh, am I going to test the Peter Principle! I'm trying to move up not one but two levels above my current spot. Interview 1 just finished.)

We are at 1 because if we were at 2, then we were at 3 yesterday and a potential Lynch or lose. Omega did say that we were not at Lynch or lose yesterday, meaning there were fewer than 3 vampires. No conversion last night or the night before.

I would like to hear from our Arthur Dent about what the tea said before casting a vote.

Edit again:. Even better, 2 vamps today is still Lynch or lose -- 2/7, a bad lynch and conversion makes it 3/6.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 23 Jul 2018, 12:45:58

I prefer the Victoria Principal. But then you get into those weird scenes with Bobby Ewing in a year long shower and this is why we can’t have nice things.

In all honesty, good luck with the interview. Just be prepared that with great responsibility comes great culpability and less twg.

Edit - thank you for the math. Also interested in hearing how the tea was steeped and if they had one lump or two :eyebrow:

More in a bit?

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 23 Jul 2018, 12:56:39

So, I don't have anything new. Maybe tomorrow? It's a bit fortunate that the lynch prevented a conversion, I didn't really expect that.

I doubt stdio is the last vamp, as dferrantino pushed that angle from the start of the day, yesterday. I'm also leaning away from ICB and Ryvvn both as I still feel like that was a human-on-human issue. That leaves me with a vote for Zark.

#Vote for: 7-zark-7

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 23 Jul 2018, 14:05:48

I started glancing back and this post from spheno caught my attention.
sphenodont on Day 3 wrote:I don't know what to make of build and collapse of the vote on Iron Clad Burrito. I don't think in a conversion game you play that antagonistically or call attention to yourself like that, so I don't think that he isn't currently a vampire but he might be a good target tonight.

Admetus wrote:I'd be more willing to try Visigoth or JRS. Personally I could see Visigoth as being too obvious of a target. I don't think everyone feels that way, but some must.

Visigoth is on my "too obvious to convert" list, as well. (dferrantino is the other.) I don't think that designation is too useful after the first couple of days, though, so don't read that as a "I think they're safe" but more of a "I wouldn't waste my vote on them at the start of the game". We're past that now, so I'm okay with a [#vote]Visigoth[/#vote].

Any reason to not also be considering
#Vote for: sphenodont
?

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Jul 2018, 15:12:19

Oh, missed him when reconstructing the "who's left alive" list before voting.

I'd give sphenodont a pass because I was following him on to Visigoth on the day that I'd originally picked JRS, which resulted in Visigoth's death.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 23 Jul 2018, 15:18:39

Omega, if conversions aren’t 100% guaranteed, does this mean we don’t get a lynch or lose notice? If I’m understanding correctly (which I have no confidence that I am tbh), and if there are two vampires left, we could go from 2/7 to either 2/6 or 3/6 tomorrow. Would we get a “possible lynch or lose”?

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 23 Jul 2018, 15:29:51

If there is a lynch of lose condition at the beginning of the day, it will be indicated in the opening post.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 23 Jul 2018, 16:01:19

Omega wrote:If there is a lynch of lose condition at the beginning of the day, it will be indicated in the opening post.

That’s... very specific. Can Lynch or lose ratio change during the day? (Vig shot, other). If so, will you post a mid day announcement?

I’ve heard there’s a big block of red text around here somewhere.

More in a bit?

7z7

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Jul 2018, 16:30:28

7-zark-7 wrote:
Omega wrote:If there is a lynch of lose condition at the beginning of the day, it will be indicated in the opening post.

That’s... very specific. Can Lynch or lose ratio change during the day? (Vig shot, other). If so, will you post a mid day announcement?

More in a bit?

7z7

We're at 1/7 right now. A big block of red text today, should it go poorly, is 1/6. A poor lynch and good conversion makes it 2/5, meaning we'd get the warning in the opening post tomorrow. Move the block of red text to tomorrow, and we start tomorrow at 2/6, and a poorly done block of red text makes it 2/5 mid-day, and at that point I'd just vote to kill stdio and hope for the best. Personally.

Here's what I see:

Me -- obviously I think I'm human
Admetus - drinks a lot of tea
JRS - if we believe Admetus drinks tea (and we do) then currently human
Ryvvn - if I believed he was human on D3 (and I did) then he's still human. I could have been fooled, but...
Zark
Stdio - Hunter, has quickfang, might have picked up the power ammo just outside of B.
Sphen

There is a doctor out there unverified.

There's a Day 0 thing going on. Dferr might have been converted n0, might have been converted n1. Either way, there is a missed/failed conversion, and it's screwing with my timing of events. My case for Zark was wavering -- I've moved from "probably a vampire" to "likely human" and is currently sitting firmly in "I don't fucking know" territory. If n2 was the failed/missed conversion, then Zark could very well be a wolf; if it was n0/n1 that failed, I'm sure he's human. But I'm leaving that decision to chance, and I don't like that.

On the other hand, I could completely believe visigoth converting sphen for no other reason than to have him on the team. And it was visigoth, since dferr never got the chance, though dferr may have had input.

Admetus, I'm interested to know who you tried to see, if anyone. Though I understand if you don't want to reveal that yet.

Right now, I'm voting
#Vote for: sphen
just to make sure there's a vote in by cutoff, just in case. If we get extended I'll have more time to consider and be convinced.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 23 Jul 2018, 17:19:18

7-zark-7 wrote:

More in a bit?

7z7

The GM says this:

Is this the red box you're looking for?

Yes, I suppose in the case of a Vig Shot, were that to bring us to L-o-L, then I would announce it.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 23 Jul 2018, 17:47:29

Between zark and sphen, I feel that zark draws more attention early and sphen makes a more attractive conversion target.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 23 Jul 2018, 18:17:19

ICB wrote:Admetus, I'm interested to know who you tried to see, if anyone. Though I understand if you don't want to reveal that yet.

Well, I was putting off having to reveal it, but I didn't put in a request last night. Even after missing one before. I had not quite finished my reveal post before guests arrived, and I rushed that out and ran to get the door. Never made it back to do the seer request. There is one waiting for tonight if I live through it.
:facepalm: :vomit: :roll:

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 23 Jul 2018, 18:36:55

Admetus wrote:
ICB wrote:Admetus, I'm interested to know who you tried to see, if anyone. Though I understand if you don't want to reveal that yet.

Well, I was putting off having to reveal it, but I didn't put in a request last night. Even after missing one before. I had not quite finished my reveal post before guests arrived, and I rushed that out and ran to get the door. Never made it back to do the seer request. There is one waiting for tonight if I live through it.
:facepalm: :vomit: :roll:

Eh, I feel ya. I had people over yesterday too, ended up missing your big reveal. But by gawd, we saved earth from Hastur and managed not to go insane in the process. And ate burgers.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 24 Jul 2018, 07:39:14

Sorry for missing the weekend and what turned out to be some pretty eventful.. uh, events.

Ryvvn wrote:Any reason to not also be considering
?

Well, I did help kill Visigoth and while I'm perfectly happy to throw a fellow wolf under the bus to buy some cred, I don't think I'd do the same in a conversion game. Especially one where conversions can potentially fail.

I think ICB would make an attractive target, but... I also have to consider the revealed vamps. I would guess that Visigoth would convert from (dferrantino, RaveBomb, 7-zark-7) first off the bat, so I'm gonna go with a

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 24 Jul 2018, 08:49:59

sphenodont wrote:Sorry for missing the weekend and what turned out to be some pretty eventful.. uh, events.

Ryvvn wrote:Any reason to not also be considering
?

Well, I did help kill Visigoth and while I'm perfectly happy to throw a fellow wolf under the bus to buy some cred, I don't think I'd do the same in a conversion game. Especially one where conversions can potentially fail.

I think ICB would make an attractive target, but... I also have to consider the revealed vamps. I would guess that Visigoth would convert from (dferrantino, RaveBomb, 7-zark-7) first off the bat, so I'm gonna go with a

For the record, I've thrown wolves under the bus before as well, and led the charge on visi on d2 AND d3... So using that to defend yourself and call me a target won't hold much water.

It's either you or Zark, I'm almost sure of it, but this argument doesn't help you.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 24 Jul 2018, 10:03:01

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:For the record, I've thrown wolves under the bus before as well, and led the charge on visi on d2 AND d3... So using that to defend yourself and call me a target won't hold much water.

It's either you or Zark, I'm almost sure of it, but this argument doesn't help you.

It's not like we're picking between the two of you, ICB. To me, there's a difference between following along on Visigoth and trying to sell him to me when I'd put my vote elsewhere, which is why I'm definitely preferring Zark.

Excerpt from that day:

Subject: Day 3: Aldax

sphenodont wrote:I don't know what to make of build and collapse of the vote on Iron Clad Burrito. I don't think in a conversion game you play that antagonistically or call attention to yourself like that, so I don't think that he isn't currently a vampire but he might be a good target tonight.

Admetus wrote:I'd be more willing to try Visigoth or JRS. Personally I could see Visigoth as being too obvious of a target. I don't think everyone feels that way, but some must.

Visigoth is on my "too obvious to convert" list, as well. (dferrantino is the other.) I don't think that designation is too useful after the first couple of days, though, so don't read that as a "I think they're safe" but more of a "I wouldn't waste my vote on them at the start of the game". We're past that now, so I'm okay with a [ vote]Visigoth[ /vote].

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 24 Jul 2018, 10:07:57

Admetus wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:For the record, I've thrown wolves under the bus before as well, and led the charge on visi on d2 AND d3... So using that to defend yourself and call me a target won't hold much water.

It's not like we're picking between the two of you, ICB. To me, there's a difference between following along on Visigoth and trying to sell him to me when I'd put my vote elsewhere, which is why I'm definitely preferring Zark.

Excerpt from that day:

Subject: Day 3: Aldax

sphenodont wrote:I don't know what to make of build and collapse of the vote on Iron Clad Burrito. I don't think in a conversion game you play that antagonistically or call attention to yourself like that, so I don't think that he isn't currently a vampire but he might be a good target tonight.

Visigoth is on my "too obvious to convert" list, as well. (dferrantino is the other.) I don't think that designation is too useful after the first couple of days, though, so don't read that as a "I think they're safe" but more of a "I wouldn't waste my vote on them at the start of the game". We're past that now, so I'm okay with a [ vote]Visigoth[ /vote].

I get that... My post is not so much a defense of myself (though I am very much unconfirmed) but hole-poking.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 24 Jul 2018, 10:24:23

Sorry if I wasn't clear. Behaviorally, I haven't seen anything from you to indicate you're vampy. I was just saying that if I were a vampire, you would be a good target for conversion. You attracted some heat early which has completely dissipated, and now others are popping up on peoples' radar.

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 24 Jul 2018, 15:56:46

#Vote for: ICB

I'm in the middle of a crunch deadline before a significant release, so I don't really have a lot of reasoning besides ICB feeling "off" to me.

Being second on the wagon for me seems suspicious at the time because I'd have been a terrible vampire recruit. I'm inevitably going to be lynched at some point, and I've already burned my useful power. Hypothetically, I might have been a cycle 0 convert, but the idea that I'd burn my power on cycle 1 is pretty ridiculous. Nobody is that bad at playing the vampire role, not even me.

---

I'm a little too burnt out right now to post anything "flavory", so just make up something neckbeardy in your mind about like, shit, I don't know, the philosophical underpinnings of Rick and Morty or whatever.

Return to “Newtown Square”