A newer betterer town square.
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Day 6: sphenodont & Ryvvn

Postby Omega » 24 Jul 2018, 17:05:08

"What? No, no, it wasn't me! It wasn't me!" sphenodont yelled as dozens of townsfolk chased him through the village (literally dozens of them!)

Finally, corned on the dock, with only the lake behind him, he had nowhere else to run. "I'll eat all the garlic bread that Papa John has! You'll see! I can do it!"

A dead silence fell over the crowd.

"Papa John? Did you just say you'd eat all of Papa John's garlic bread?" Ryvvn inquired. "We are strictly against corporate overlords in this town, Mister! We have locally sourced garlic for our artisan breads. GET HIM!!!"
And with that, sphenodont was tossed off the dock with a large corporate cinder block attached to his feet.

What was he accused of again? No one was sure. But he definitely was not a vampire.

In a totally separate series of unfortunate events, Ryvvn had been poking around, trying to get to the bottom of this vampire issue. Though, no one was really sure that there was anything left to get to the bottom of. Visigoth was gone, dferrantino was gone, things had largely returned to normal, especially as that big city folk sphenodont was gone. But Ryvvn wasn't feeling well. It had starting with a cough, then a gradual swelling of lymph nodes, then, well, the rest wasn't pretty it is safe to say. But Ryvvn was Patient Zero and Ryvvn was dead.

sphenodont, Villager

Ryvvn, Infected Villager

The GM says this:

The ship that stdio came in on carried a particularly nasty little beast. This has given the Vampires a Night Kill.

• The Vampires may either Kill, Convert, or Upgrade.
  • They cannot take multiple actions in a single night.
  • Similar to a conversion, the kill has a delay.
  • Infected do not count for human parity. They do need to be eradicated for the humans to win.
  • Infected will be informed of their status and if the Infected are the largest faction at any point, they will "win".
  • To clarify, while the Vampire faction is around, the Infected, are, in a sense their night kill. If the Vampire faction is eradicated, the infected will continue to randomly propagate until the last Infected is lynched.

[OOC: Ryvvn IS NOT A ZOMBIE. There are no Zombies in this game. Refer to the rules.]

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Re: Day 6: TBD

Postby Omega » 24 Jul 2018, 17:06:00

[+] Votes
7-Zark-7 voted for stdio
Admetus voted for 7-Zark-7
Ryvvn voted for sphenodont
Iron Clad Burrito voted for sphenodont
Jrsthethird voted for sphenodont
sphenodont voted for 7-Zark-7
stdio voted for Iron Clad Burrito

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 6: sphenodont & Ryvvn

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 24 Jul 2018, 18:18:48

THE RULES DON'T MENTION THE LACK OF ZOMBIES

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 24 Jul 2018, 20:41:03

I'm going to stick with RETRACTED ICB unless someone comes up with a reason to go elsewhere.
Last edited by stdio on 25 Jul 2018, 15:52:14, edited 1 time in total.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 24 Jul 2018, 21:14:43

If you go elsewhere can you take that boat of the damned with you?

Off topic: I was reading Ryvvn’s last will and testament. Apparently he wants his remains to be scattered at Disney World, but he doesn’t want to be cremated. Any ideas?

More in a bit?

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 25 Jul 2018, 04:52:40

I'm going to kick myself if it was
#Vote for: zark
and I talked myself out of it.

This vote subject to change, obviously, depending upon someone's Earl Grey.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 25 Jul 2018, 09:38:04

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I'm going to kick myself if it was
and I talked myself out of it.

This vote subject to change, obviously, depending upon someone's Earl Grey.

I’d kick myself too. I think I’ve got a good read on you & don’t want to second guess either. Unless of course you and Dferr were back to your two by two hands of blue thing, but I’m changing the subject.

Concerned about the fact we appear to have Vampiric Hep C making the rounds. Do we know how long of an incubation period? My fear is there are two infected parties based upon when Stdio‘s ship came in.

Curious how the tea leaves will read, but placing my provisional
#Vote for: Stdio
. Last, I fear my read on one other thing was incorrect. It was Disney Land where Ryvvn wanted his remains scattered.

Man that could have been embarrassing.

More in a bit?

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 25 Jul 2018, 14:08:41

The tea tells me -- Zark was definitely visited at some point by the vampires. As Omega keeps reminding me, that doesn't guarantee he was successfully converted.

So now, phase 2 is "even if you eliminate all vampires, you will have to hunt for "converts" that are infected?"

Infected people have a win condition, but they're effectively just a more reliable vampire conversion? Just trying to get a handle on why the vampires would choose kill or convert. And Upgrade? No details on that part?

#Vote for: 7-zark-7

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 25 Jul 2018, 15:49:40

7-zark-7 wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Last, I fear my read on one other thing was incorrect. It was Disney Land where Ryvvn wanted his remains scattered.

Man that could have been embarrassing.

I'm not sure I agree with that decision -- at Disney LAND he'll be easier to find. Disney WORLD is much, MUCH larger.

Unless he WANTED to be memorialized in this fashion. In which case... hey, who am I to judge?

---

Omega! The Burrito Inquires:
Were the vamps aware of the info in your red box yesterday (or a point prior)?

Tactically this doesn't make sense as it is, but if the answer is no, then nothing else makes sense either. I'm hoping Zark was the n1/2 (where dferr was the n0/1).

stdio
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby stdio » 25 Jul 2018, 15:51:49

because I was given a reason to go somewhere else

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 25 Jul 2018, 16:44:20

stdio wrote:

You might want to go somewhere else else because I’m about to drop my trousers, then turn my own head and cough. I was visited, however an Apple a day can’t keep me away from myself.

More an apple every other day. Diet and exercise, you understand. Both are important.

If I didn’t partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, I know for certain I would be dead. What I would not be, however, is converted.

Not sure how healthy that tea is, with all the sugar you’ve been putting in it, but lately when I’m not watching myself, I’ve been watching over you, Admetus.

I have to say, what you’ve been doing is rather unsanitary, but it’s perfextly heathy for a boy your age and no, you won’t go blind. At least not unless you get it in your eye. Wash up, I guess is my advise to you.

More in a bit?

7z7

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 25 Jul 2018, 17:27:14

7-zark-7 wrote:
stdio wrote:

You might want to go somewhere else else because I’m about to drop my trousers, then turn my own head and cough. I was visited, however an Apple a day can’t keep me away from myself.

More an apple every other day. Diet and exercise, you understand. Both are important.

If I didn’t partake of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil, I know for certain I would be dead. What I would not be, however, is converted.

Not sure how healthy that tea is, with all the sugar you’ve been putting in it, but lately when I’m not watching myself, I’ve been watching over you, Admetus.

I have to say, what you’ve been doing is rather unsanitary, but it’s perfextly heathy for a boy your age and no, you won’t go blind. At least not unless you get it in your eye. Wash up, I guess is my advise to you.

More in a bit?

7z7

the rules amendment that omega put in blue wrote:A conversion attempt targeted at a protected role (e.g. The Doctor) would fail and instead lead to the death of that role.

You aren't dead yet. Did I miss something?

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 25 Jul 2018, 22:34:03

Omega, are any specials immune to infection?

Admetus, I’m pretty sure the Upgrade refers to the Senior being replaced after death. No conversion when the Senior is lynched. Not a choosable night action.

Zark, I’m voting for you.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Jul 2018, 09:43:29

The background music wrote:I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning, I sleep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

So, I suppose we should talk. As it appears not a one of you is picking up what I'm laying down, which is a shame as there's decent resale value and a lot of miles in this game, but I'm changing the subject.

the background music then wrote:I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing
Now the old king is dead! Long live the king!

I didn't ask to be converted, one day I'm answering the ad in the back of a rolling stone to become a mail order doctor, the next I'm in a coffin and Dferrantino is looking down at me with an enthusiastic expression on his face and a spray bottle of febreeze.

Visigoth is dead, and that means I'm in charge here... let me tell you there's going to be changes - we're going out a whole new door

He sprayed the febreeze several times, and coughed into an ancient looking lace hankie

Sorry about that... ever since "the incident" it's been pretty rank around here

finally, the background music wrote:One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt and pillars of sand

It was a fine time for me. I was learning to turn myself into a bat and fly, to fight, anything anyone would teach me. And Dferr and I eventually became friends. And then it happened.

Go on...

Well, Dferr had grown so rich, he wanted to retire. So he took me to his lair and told me his secret. "I am not the Dread Vampire Dferrantino," he said. "My name is Ryan. I inherited these toe shoes from the previous Dread Vampire Dferrantino, just as you will inherit them from me. The man I inherited them from was not the real Dread Vampire Dferrantino, either. His name was TWDog. The real Dferrantino has been retired fifteen years and living like a king in Patagonia." Then he explained the name was the important thing for inspiring the necessary fear. You see, no one would surrender to the Dread Vampire Sven.

Why are you telling us all this?

Because this isn't the life (or after life, or unlife, what have you) that I had planned. I had this idea I called the Voltron Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of robotic lions, to see if they could become something more. To fight the battles that we never could. It wasn't compatible with what visigoth and Dferr (or apparantly the Dferr before him or the one before him) had in mind.

It's kinda what you get for coming late to the party, you understand.

More background music wrote:I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror, my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field

Then STdio's ship came in, and Dferr's tide went out, & I'm standing here with a pair of ill fitting toe shoes and a scorching case of Hep C. Worse, I'm surrounded by a group of poeple I considered friends, and all they want to do is track me down, shove a stake through my heart and scatter my remains at various Disney Parks.

This is not how I thought this week would go, is what I'm saying

Still more background music wrote:For some reason I can't explain
Once you go there was never, never a honest word
And that was when I ruled the world

Now, I don't expect you to trust me at this point, but I hope you can understand my motivation for not throwing myself on your mercy and consider my offer in the following post... see, we have a common enemy.

More in a bite?

7z7

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 26 Jul 2018, 11:06:01

I love the post, but you're not jiving with the rules again:

Omega red block of rules wrote:To clarify, while the Vampire faction is around, the Infected, are, in a sense their night kill. If the Vampire faction is eradicated, the infected will continue to randomly propagate until the last Infected is lynched.

I don't think you can call your night-kill mechanism our common enemy.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Jul 2018, 11:59:38

Admetus wrote:I love the post, but you're not jiving with the rules again

I know, the whole dread vampire thing would have worked so much better with JRS ~finally~ fessing up to the fate of his two predecessors. You work with what you’ve got and if you let details like that drag you down then the grammar Nazis have already won...

Just above the red block of rules, Omega wrote:Ryvvn wasn't feeling well. It had starting with a cough, then a gradual swelling of lymph nodes, then, well, the rest wasn't pretty it is safe to say. But Ryvvn was Patient Zero and Ryvvn was dead.

Emphasis mine. But. No, you’re right, let’s look at the red block of justice:

The ship that stdio came in on carried a particularly nasty little beast. This has given the Vampires a Night Kill.

The Vampires may either Kill, Convert, or Upgrade.
They cannot take multiple actions in a single night.
Similar to a conversion, the kill has a delay.
Infected do not count for human parity. They do need to be eradicated for the humans to win.
Infected will be informed of their status and if the Infected are the largest faction at any point, they will "win".
To clarify, while the Vampire faction is around, the Infected, are, in a sense their night kill. If the Vampire faction is eradicated, the infected will continue to randomly propagate until the last Infected is lynched

I’ve bolted a couple of points to ponder while we discuss

I don't think you can call your night-kill mechanism our common enemy.

Fair. But I’d invite you to consider the facts and the timing.

* Ryvvn was patient zero.
* humans cannot win while infected exist
* Ryvvn was not infected last night (see delay)
* I happen to know who was and am in a chatty mood.
* If I die without talking, my Twitter goes viral and jumps at random.

Bottom line, would you care to discuss the price of knowledge? I’ve eaten from the tree and the fruit is juicy indeed.

Stdio, do you have another shot? You might want it.

More in a bite?

7z7

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Jul 2018, 12:48:38

PS, Unfortunate, but not unexpected that Earl Grey looked my way. But I have had some time to think about how I would respond to Ice-T

More in a bite?

7z7

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Jul 2018, 12:58:33

I mean, your attempt at sowing disinformation is admirable, but for it to have really worked you'd have needed to be found before dferr.

As it stands, you'll disappear and we'll just deal with the aftermath. You are unreliable.

Mother Zarkowski, on the other hand, might have valuable information. Is she around?

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Jul 2018, 14:10:34

Seagulls Stop it now wrote:You are unreliable.

I disagree - Ryvvn trusted me to execute his will and disposition of his all too moral remains after I executed him.

On a related note, I learned something today: all kids regardless of language or country of origin scream exactly the same way when they find Ryvnn’s severed head. It really is a small world after all.

Mother Zarkowski, on the other hand, might have valuable information. Is she around?

I’ll check. She promised to drop by tomorrow - said she was busy beating Campa within an inch of his life when o talked to her last.

More in a bite?

7z7

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Jul 2018, 14:24:08

Well Mom, I think they’ve got me. All I wanted was everlasting life spent taking it from others. Is that really too much to ask?

More in a bite?

7z7

Ps. Saw this, thought of Campa. Say hi to Mr Kerfluffle for me...

Return to “Newtown Square”