Day 2. The Pirate

While enjoying yourselves, remember to choose who will be asked to leave... forever.
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Day 2. The Pirate

Postby rekard » 16 Dec 2018, 00:55:57

So after some debate, it was decided for Aldax to be bitten. The puppy looked at Aldax curiously causing him to lose his guard. Once Aldax thought nothing was going to happen, the puppy pounced with such savagery at Aldax arms. With screams of pain, Aldax could not believe the pain he had from this little mouth. And mangled he went home. The puppy said: "Come in one month, to decide who's next".

Everyone went home. During that month, everyone's life improved to a degree. It was like things were going favorably for everyone. Something powerful was at hand. Except for two people:

Jrsthethird had been in the hospital for two weeks. He was at wrong place, at the wrong time. He stumbled upon a robbery, and the stil unknown assailant stabbed him 9 times, and ran away.
Fairy Catmother had several broken bones. A car had run over her, with her keeping her life miraculously. Witnesses told that the car swerved with purpose to her.

But no one quit. Everyone noticed that everything else was suddenly turning fine. So one month later, they arrived at the mansion. A feast awaited and along with it a man dressed as a pirate.

"Welcome to my humble abode. Eat all you can and enjoy. Because at the end of today, one of you will be stabbed by yours truly"

Today's victims:
Note: For reference, every harmful action done at night will be described as a night shot. There will be no way to know if it was a maul, a night kill or a vig shot unless it becomes obvious.

Vote Tally:

Aldax - 5 - sphenodont, Rictus, The Fairy Catmother, Admetus, Ryvvn
Ryvvn - 3 - Omega, 7-zark-7, Aldax
7-zark-7 - 1 - Jrsthethird

Aldax - Lynch

You are the Millionaire
You can give a life to whoever you want.

Jrsthethird - Night Kill
You are the Journalist
You are the seer.

Fairy Catmother - Night Kill
You are the Stuntman.
You can give another person a vigilante power, and then you will also become a vigilante.

Reminder!
JRS, FCM and Aldax have 1 life left. Allegiance will only be revealed on full death.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: Day 2. The Pirate

Postby rekard » 16 Dec 2018, 01:05:27

Sorry for the lateness, but it was Saturday. This won't happen midweek.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Dec 2018, 02:17:53

Assuming the seer role would be given to a human player (unless it’s a power, not faction, seer or a possible cover role), I’d say JRS is likely doomed tonight, so may want to share his lone peek.

Also, FCM’s power sounds human as well, otherwise a wolf simply gives it to a wolf and, well, ouch for the rest of us.

Since there were no vig shots allowed night one, which would mean just maul and the psycho were the two night kills (unless some unknown power was at play), then either both JRS and FCM or at least one is pretty safely human (though maybe the psycho if wolves and psycho happened to target each other).

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 16 Dec 2018, 10:42:08

Zark is human.

Can we lose more than one life per day? Between Aldax’s power and the GA, you could string me along for a couple more days to get extra looks.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Dec 2018, 11:05:33

Jrsthethird wrote:Can we lose more than one life per day? Between Aldax’s power and the GA, you could string me along for a couple more days to get extra looks.

True.

I took a harder look at the rules and noticed the only mention of a cover role is for the GA, nothing about covers for wolves. So I guess the question becomes just how randomly powers were assigned, like is seer a human reserved role (not that I’m doubting your humanity, just using your power as example). If there’s agreement that certain roles have to go to humans then we can simply guage humanity on revealed powers; again, you would be assuredly human, FCM’s power seems very likely human (or a GA cover), Aldax’s power leans wolf for me since there’s already a GA which would assuredly be human and would balance things a bit back for the wolves.

Since I already publicly revealed my power, I can give you a life JRS, but the cost will be creating a random vigilante. The GA can also now protect your second life.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 16 Dec 2018, 11:08:22

Based on role reveals and the unlikely chance that the humans would have a simple one-life gifter when there’s a GA and my own life gift ability has an associated cost, and it being extremely unlikely this particular power reveal would be the GA cover, I have to go with
#Vote for: Aldax
again today.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 16 Dec 2018, 13:28:30

Hello. Just checking in and getting back into the swing of things.

#Vote for: omega

I like some of ryvvn’s analysis, and I’m willing to view Jrs, zark as human. FCM sounds not-wolf to me, but I think it’s an excellent end-of-game psycho power.

So saving her for later.

I’m not crazy about killing someone right away, and I’d like to see how things shake out with a new name up for lynch.
Last edited by Rictus on 17 Dec 2018, 19:25:58, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 16 Dec 2018, 14:29:58

The day will end on Monday by the way.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Dec 2018, 14:55:30

I think it's very unlikely that there would be a wolf seer. It would be pretty useless. I also think Aldax's power would make sense for a wolf.

I'm liking Ryvvn's thinking. It makes so much sense to me, that I don't understand why Rictus would disagree with any of it. Also, why did you vote for Omega? No reasoning at all?

I think Aldax is worth putting the last nail in the coffin. After that, I'm looking at Rictus.

Also, for what it's worth, I did not create the other vig until just now. So whoever nightkilled me is not that person. Or rather, more precisely, whatever car they hit me with, they didn't get it from me.

So we have at least 3 vigs in this game, one of whom has spent their shot.

The Fairy Catmother
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby The Fairy Catmother » 16 Dec 2018, 15:00:06

Also I want to point out, if I'm correct, if Ryvvn does give Jrs another life, the GA won't be able to protect Jrs until he's back down to 1 life.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 16 Dec 2018, 20:01:12

The Fairy Catmother wrote:So we have at least 3 vigs in this game, one of whom has spent their shot.

Day/night 1 had a no vigilante shot rule. I expect we are only seeing the normal maul and psycho maul here.

What tipped my hand yesterday on saving Ryvvn was that his stated +/- life-but-lose-your-other-power power seemed like a pretty reasonable pairing with a possible Seer power. That has me wondering what the other half is, now that we have a known seer.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 17 Dec 2018, 01:08:15

The Fairy Catmother wrote:Also I want to point out, if I'm correct, if Ryvvn does give Jrs another life, the GA won't be able to protect Jrs until he's back down to 1 life.

Can we lock in my extra life via Ryvvn now so I can get the extra look? That way the anonymous GA can protect me tomorrow.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 17 Dec 2018, 02:34:16

In case I wasn’t clear and caused confusion, I only have one power but it’s a split effect: I can either give (heal) or take (vig) a life, but whichever effect I choose to use means i’ve spent up my power usage and someone else will be randomly granted the ability to use my unselected effect.

I’m fine using my power to grant JRS a life, so long as most are cool with a random player receiving a vig shot.

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 17 Dec 2018, 08:47:40

Ryvvn wrote:In case I wasn’t clear and caused confusion, I only have one power but it’s a split effect: I can either give (heal) or take (vig) a life, but whichever effect I choose to use means i’ve spent up my power usage and someone else will be randomly granted the ability to use my unselected effect.

I’m fine using my power to grant JRS a life, so long as most are cool with a random player receiving a vig shot.

I think we should wait to use that power, I'm cool with giving a life to JRS considering people apparently want me dead today, too
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 17 Dec 2018, 10:24:06

Pirates?

I mean, what are the three terrors of the Fire Swamp? One, the flame spurt - no problem. There's a popping sound preceding each; we can avoid that. Two, the lightning sand, which you were clever enough to discover what that looks like, so in the future we can avoid that too.

Westley, what about the R.O.U.S.'s?

Rodents Of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

Pretend I’ve changed my avatar. I’ll get to it. In a bit

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 17 Dec 2018, 13:11:17

Any requests on whom to seer?

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 17 Dec 2018, 14:48:41

The Fairy Catmother wrote:I think it's very unlikely that there would be a wolf seer. It would be pretty useless. I also think Aldax's power would make sense for a wolf.

You're assuming that the seer would have to be a faction seer. As Ryvvn points out, a power seer makes a lot of sense in a game where everyone has some ability. A power-seer would be a very useful wolf role.

Also, you were either mauled or the target of the Psycho. There were no vig shots last night, according to the rules.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 17 Dec 2018, 14:50:17

Jrsthethird wrote:Any requests on whom to seer?

Contrary to the prevailing opinion, I don't think Aldax's power sounds wolfy. It sounds pretty human to me. If people are going to let him live, I think he'd be a good seer option.

Aldax

Postby Aldax » 17 Dec 2018, 15:39:53

sphenodont wrote:
Jrsthethird wrote:Any requests on whom to seer?

Contrary to the prevailing opinion, I don't think Aldax's power sounds wolfy. It sounds pretty human to me. If people are going to let him live, I think he'd be a good seer option.

I still don't get why the push for my lynch twice in a row from Ryvvn and FCM, nor why a power that only gives a life instead of taking one is considered wolfy. But I won't be going into that right now, because...

this

Rictus wrote:Hello. Just checking in and getting back into the swing of things.

#Vote for: omega

I like some of ryvvn’s analysis, and I’m willing to view Jrs, zark as human. FCM sounds not-wolf to me, but I think it’s an excellent end-of-game psycho power.

So saving her for later.

I’m not crazy about killing someone right away, and I’d like to see how things shake out with a new name up for lynch.

While I appreciate the sentiment of people not mislynching me on the first day an actual death can occur, the post in general smells just like a wolf that wasn't paying attention. Nebulously stating agreement on a part of Ryvvn's Analysis - but not saying which part of it he agrees on: Is it his (incorrect) read of my power as a wolf power, the analyis of both JRS and FCM? - and the name drop of Zark and JRS as human when they're the seering target and the seer respectively: JRS posted his result like 3 hours before Rictus , and it's not like the thread was more than a couple of posts; there's no way he could've missed it.

#Vote for: Rictus
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 17 Dec 2018, 15:44:26

I’m a faction seer, I received information that Zark is human. I’m human, and it would pretty dumb to be a wolf faction seer. There may be a power seer and they may or may not be a wolf. We don’t know at this time.

Going to
now since I don’t have any reason to suspect the rest. Aldax may be a wolf but I think spreading focus to others today is more beneficial than making assumptions on Aldax. Not locking in Rictus or a seer vote yet for sure.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 17 Dec 2018, 16:26:23

Ryvvn wrote:In case I wasn’t clear and caused confusion, I only have one power but it’s a split effect: I can either give (heal) or take (vig) a life, but whichever effect I choose to use means i’ve spent up my power usage and someone else will be randomly granted the ability to use my unselected effect.

Oh, I understand now. Yeah, I totally would have let you move yourself into tie yesterday.

Honestly I think I could see Aldax, Ryvvn or FCM as "wolf capable powers." It's hard to argue with "You are the seer" for human. The seer, not a seer or power seer or whatever.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 17 Dec 2018, 18:15:49

Where are the votes?

I count 5.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 17 Dec 2018, 18:22:43

I'll give some extra time until noon tomorrow snd one small rule. If you miss your vote you won't have any powers activated.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 17 Dec 2018, 18:51:14

JRS, there’s no locking in a seer vote, you’d be submitting that via PM and should be able to change up to any point prior to day lock, so don’t wait for feedback on whom to seer, select immediately to avoid the common “forgot to seer” issue, and change later if you deem it necessary.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 17 Dec 2018, 19:25:00

wait, what? I thought it was pretty clear what I didn't agree with. When assigning teams based on revealed powers, I don't think FCM = human is a strong case. I agree with ryvvn that a wolf-vig is super-unfair, but I think it's a possible psycho.

Aldax, I'm 60/40 on you being a wolf, but I don't want to lynch anyone two days in a row. But your point about "name dropping" JRS / zark (damn, I did it again) sounds like terrible logic. I think you want to join FCM on me because I"m the only other wagon at this point and you're hoping for a tie.
#Vote for: aldax
Charming, to the last.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 17 Dec 2018, 22:37:26

I'd be fine with new information before deaths. I don't mind if it's Rictus or someone random and new like
#Vote for: sphenodont

Rictus - Aldax, Jrsthethird
Aldax - Ryvvn, Rictus
sphenodont - Admetus

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 17 Dec 2018, 23:34:10

I think
is as good as anything right now.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 18 Dec 2018, 02:18:36

I think the GA should protect JRS tonight.

It’s likely the GA is following standard rules regarding no back-to-back protection, and also likely they would have protected themselves the first night in case of an unfortunate double-targeting* by wolves and psycho. So, unless the psycho and wolves both decide to target me tonight simply to remove me and my power as a factor entirely, I’d be able to grant JRS the extra life on a night when the GA is less likely to be available for him.

*provided the GA ability runs something like “protection prevents loss of last life for any selected target should night actions reduce their lives to zero” and not something like “can only select a target already on last life otherwise you can’t select them at all”

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 18 Dec 2018, 08:38:24

Didn't realize rekard said the cutoff was noon.

I'm voting
because I don't like killing Aldax off so soon, especially because I don't buy the premise that his power is somehow naturally aligned with wolfiness.

Return to “The Feast”