Day 3. The Dancer

While enjoying yourselves, remember to choose who will be asked to leave... forever.
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Day 3. The Dancer

Postby rekard » 18 Dec 2018, 10:12:50

The Pirate sees everyone's votes. He looks at Rictus and gets closer to him. He looks at him all over. He then swiftily stabs Rictus in the leg. The bleeding is profuse but it stops eventually. Rictus though, is now walking with a limp.

"Good. I like this energy. See you next month". The Pirate smiles.

The next meeting comes and everyone is there except one. Fairy Catmother. You all had heard the news. She was found in the middle of a library. She had been hanged and several bones notoriously crushed. A message in blood had been spelled at her side: "YOU CAN NOT ESCAPE ME".

The only one of you that looked bad was Admetus. He looked like crap. He told that a group of masked guys had took him to an alley and beat him to an inch of his life. He had recovered consciousness just a week ago. Ready for the next phase.

A beautiful woman appears dancing a mysterious yet alluring dance.
"Enjoy the feast. Tell me who dies."

Vote Tally:
Rictus - 4 - Aldax, Jrsthethird, Omega, sphenodont
Aldax - 2 - Ryvvn, Rictus
sphenodont- 1 - Admetus

Missed Vote:
Fairy Catmother, 7-Zark-7

No powers from those who missed votes!

Rictus - Lynch
You can take a vote from a anyone or add a vote to anyone, your choice. This can only be done twice per game

FCM - Psycho Kill
The Fairy Catmother was Human.

The last glimpse of the Stuntman.
The whole time you wanted glory. Over anything else. You were willing to kill to get your purpose. The visions of the apartment filled you with an eternity of adrenaline. But as you see your life going away at the hands of the psychopath in your group, you realize you were only a tool for the Mansion. You were just food. Your soul now rests in the basement of the Mansion. For the rest of Time.

Admetus - Maul
You are the Legion. No one can escape you. You are the Psycho Killer.

Day 3 Begins!

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 3. The Dancer

Postby Jrsthethird » 18 Dec 2018, 12:44:17

Rictus is a wolf.

#Vote for: Rictus

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 18 Dec 2018, 12:58:02

So, I know what you're thinking, what's a handsome rogue like Zark doing being so quiet? So reserved? He bragged that the flavor was back, and then fell silent again.

It's like a millon colors of flavortext cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced

No I'm pretty sure that would be different

Campa, I swear to god, if you don't shut it right now

That does it - dance off - me and you - right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytZFm1NW5MM

Some day, yeah
We'll get it together and we'll get it all done
Some day
When we double kill

More in a bit,

7z7

((changing my avatar is proving harder than planned - many bothans had to die. Largely unrelated... I just hate bothans)
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 18 Dec 2018, 13:14:19

Ah well at least I got the psycho.
Charming, to the last.

Aldax
phAnt0m burn3r (Age 13.5)

Postby Aldax » 18 Dec 2018, 13:17:04

Jrsthethird wrote:Rictus is a wolf.

Well I'll be.
Moral of the story: Never self-vig. - rekard

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 18 Dec 2018, 14:14:09

Sorry about that, FCM.

Rictus, not sure why you're gloating. None of you need me dead. You all have your own game to play -- I'm just here doing my own thing.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 18 Dec 2018, 15:28:51

Admetus wrote:Sorry about that, FCM.

Rictus, not sure why you're gloating. None of you need me dead. You all have your own game to play -- I'm just here doing my own thing.

It’s not a gloat. I didn’t even rub my hands together dryly.

Your “own thing” involves killing us every night. Which I’m kinda down with, sure. But unless somebody has a hidden agenda/faction and is willing to give me a life... :eyebrow: I’m going to get another lynch tonight and then it’s your turn.
Charming, to the last.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 18 Dec 2018, 16:17:32

A day lynching or mauling me is a day lynching or mauling someone that doesn't count for your win condition. I bet you want them to do that, yeah.

Really, you can just think of me as a really enthusiastic vigilante! I'm obviously not a bad guy, or I'd be mauling seers or something.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 18 Dec 2018, 16:26:09

Everyone who’s not Rictus or Admetus: Do I use my vig tonight to elimate the psycho or grant a life to keep our seer kicking for one more vision?

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 18 Dec 2018, 16:56:28

Ryvvn wrote:

Everyone who’s not Rictus or Admetus: Do I use my vig tonight to elimate the psycho or grant a life to keep our seer kicking for one more vision?

I’m not dead yet. Can’t I even weigh in on it?
Charming, to the last.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 18 Dec 2018, 18:57:56

Actually I should just vig the psycho, because my vig would fire before the psycho kill fires, otherwise I just leave the door open for the wolves & psycho to remove the seer tonight and have wasted my power (as well as arming someone random with a vig shot).

Aldax, time to put your humanity where your mouth is and use your power to give our seer a life.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 19 Dec 2018, 05:27:28

#Vote for: JRS

I mean, why not.

(Full disclosure, part of my frequent posting is to get back in the habit of checking the forums daily.)
Charming, to the last.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 19 Dec 2018, 07:55:50

Ryvvn wrote:Actually I should just vig the psycho, because my vig would fire before the psycho kill fires, otherwise I just leave the door open for the wolves & psycho to remove the seer tonight and have wasted my power (as well as arming someone random with a vig shot).

Aldax, time to put your humanity where your mouth is and use your power to give our seer a life.

What's the game value for me in killing a seer? Seriously.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 19 Dec 2018, 08:20:00

Ryvvn wrote:Aldax, time to put your humanity where your mouth is and use your power to give our seer a life.

I think this plan makes a lot of sense. Even if Aldax ends up being a wolf, it would force him to waste his power keeping the seer alive. The only downside is that there's no confirmation that he does use that ability.

Question for the GM: Can the "add a life" power take a player over 2 lives, or is it capped? I couldn't see that, if it was in the rules.

Edit: Removed the part about vigging Admetus. More on that later.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 19 Dec 2018, 08:20:30

And since it's a pretty foregone conclusion,

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 19 Dec 2018, 08:23:40

Admetus wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Actually I should just vig the psycho, because my vig would fire before the psycho kill fires, otherwise I just leave the door open for the wolves & psycho to remove the seer tonight and have wasted my power (as well as arming someone random with a vig shot).

I kind of see some logic in keeping the Psycho Killer alive, in that he can help whittle down potential wolves and help identify some of the powers out there. At the same time, if no one gives Admetus an extra life, he'll be easy to get rid of when we need to prevent the Psycho win.

The only question is whether we can trust Admetus not to Psycho Kill the lynch winner.

Aldax

Postby Aldax » 19 Dec 2018, 09:08:48

Ryvvn wrote:Aldax, time to put your humanity where your mouth is and use your power to give our seer a life.

Waaaaay ahead of you

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Dec 2018, 10:12:58

Lives aren't capped.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 19 Dec 2018, 12:00:27

rekard wrote:Lives aren't capped.

Hold me closer Tony... what exactly do you mean by this?

More in a bit?

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Aldax

Postby Aldax » 19 Dec 2018, 12:46:30

7-zark-7 wrote:
rekard wrote:Lives aren't capped.

Hold me closer Tony... what exactly do you mean by this?

More in a bit?

7z7

It probably means that there's a player with 3 lives

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Dec 2018, 13:03:27

Aldax wrote:It probably means that there's a player with 3 lives

Not sure about that since the player roster includes life count and has been updated to be current.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Dec 2018, 13:05:30

Admetus wrote:

There is no game value other than you have been discovered and are absolutely not going to win, so why wouldn’t you take out the seer just because; I wouldn’t even see such a move as spiteful, if you’re left alive you have to keep attacking and killing people.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Dec 2018, 13:10:20

sphenodont wrote:I kind of see some logic in keeping the Psycho Killer alive, in that he can help whittle down potential wolves and help identify some of the powers out there. At the same time, if no one gives Admetus an extra life, he'll be easy to get rid of when we need to prevent the Psycho win.

But he doesn’t know who are wolves and humans any better than we do and will likely be hurting more humans than wolves in the long run. It’s probably better life wise to just remove him now and also lose our seer than to let him continue to pick away at human lives. He’s already been the cause of one human death with his night kill on FCM (deduced by way of Rictus’ claim that at least he revealed the psycho) when he could have chosen any other player with two lives.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Dec 2018, 13:21:55

Ryvvn wrote:the player roster includes life count and has been updated to be current.

Ohh, duh, also JRS has been updated to now be at 2 lives, so it is likely Aldax did give JRS the extra life.

I am safe to vig Admetus, which after reviewing my power (and once again the order of ops*) doesn’t actually grant a player a life giving power but rather just automatically and randomly grants one life, but with one wolf being assuredly removed by today’s vote and the psycho being assuredly removed by my vig, worse case is another wolf goes to three lives but it’s more likely to land on a random human. With only the wolf kill firing tonight, assumedly targeting the seer, JRS would drop back to 1 life and the GA could protect him again tomorrow.

*Lynch->Extra Lives Assignment-> Powers -> Vig Shots-> Psycho Kill-> Maul

Of course this is all contingent on extra life giving not being able to raise the dead and that players are considered dead the moment the order of ops drops them to zero lives.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Dec 2018, 13:32:36

Last post in this thought chain, sorry for the wall everyone!

I had to go back to the player signup list to find this because the psycho win condition is not in the rules post:

The psycho killer wins when he is part of the last 3-4 and is alive by the end of the next day.

Also, this is in the rules post but wanted to draw attention to:

An event or two might happen on certain days that will give an extra life or two.

We definitetly don’t want to delay on removing any antagonsitic players, wolf or psycho, because we don’t want them to have an opportunity for a life boost!

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 19 Dec 2018, 13:45:29

Ryvvn wrote:
Admetus wrote:What's the game value for me in killing a seer? Seriously.

There is no game value other than you have been discovered and are absolutely not going to win, so why wouldn’t you take out the seer just because; I wouldn’t even see such a move as spiteful, if you’re left alive you have to keep attacking and killing people.

I have always felt that I'm a different kind of player than you, Ryvvn. This kind of reasoning... it's just alien to me. That's so... I don't want to be mean, but it's kind of offensive that you think I think that way.

I play the game in front of me. I make the best move I can, and sometimes I win and sometimes I lose. It's not over until you're out.

But most importantly unless Rekard says our wins are mutually exclusive, I don't see why they have to be.

Ryvvn wrote:He’s already been the cause of one human death with his night kill on FCM (deduced by way of Rictus’ claim that at least he revealed the psycho) when he could have chosen any other player with two lives.

Let's take this as an example of how I think. First, you happily blame me for killing a human, as if I had that as a goal. But you as a (presumed) human are also flawed in your picks. So let's flip that around and say the town isn't going to be any more effective than I was at picking humans and wolves.

Take a quick pit stop to point out that you're missing information provided to you: Second kills have their origin provided, so you can see in the original post that I killed FCM. No "deduction" required. (Honestly if I'm a villager, I'm taking note of that. Wolves sometimes forget who knows what and end up "deducing" known things.)

The reasons I chose FCM over a person with two lives:
1) She had control of two vigilante shots. As a vigilante type character, my position is stronger without those in play.
2) Reducing the numbers of people with two lives speeds the point where I'd have lost my second life "just because." I could always have lost my second life in some other way, but the "hey that guy has two lives and nobody else does" thing, I could put off.

That's more like how I make my decisions in games.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Dec 2018, 14:04:18

Admetus, is it standard for a psycho to win alongside humans? In my experiences it is not, and without deliberate clarification by the GM stating otherwise, you are to be treated as antagonsitic to my win condition and any arguments you might make are to be summarily ignored. If you want to simply discuss play styles, best saved for post game.

Everyone else,

I had forgotten that the opening revealed the source of final death.

Further clarification on my own power, apparently the random life assignment from me using my vig happens outside normal order of ops and simulatenously as my shot, so could accidentally negate itself on Admetus; my power seems to slightly favor using the life granting aspect, but I still think it best used in attempt to remove a constant night killer.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Dec 2018, 16:28:35

I will end day a bit late today since I have a commitment.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 19 Dec 2018, 16:41:42

, come on down.

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 19 Dec 2018, 17:47:47

Aldax did not give me a life last night, there is a Doctor player who assisted me. I assume their power was to heal a life.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 19 Dec 2018, 18:21:07

Ryvvn wrote:Admetus, is it standard for a psycho to win alongside humans? In my experiences it is not, and without deliberate clarification by the GM stating otherwise, you are to be treated as antagonsitic to my win condition and any arguments you might make are to be summarily ignored. If you want to simply discuss play styles, best saved for post game.

Well, seems a bit reductionist to me, but you're gonna do what you're gonna do.

I still owe a vote, let's get that out of the way:

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Dec 2018, 18:44:29

Jrsthethird wrote:Aldax did not give me a life last night, there is a Doctor player who assisted me. I assume their power was to heal a life.

Personal preference would be for you peek at Spheno tonight and then maybe Aldax tomorrow depending on if your life count increases even further (seeing as Aldax has claimed he would use his power on you).

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 19 Dec 2018, 19:16:42

Jrsthethird wrote:Aldax did not give me a life last night, there is a Doctor player who assisted me. I assume their power was to heal a life.

Would you believe me if I said it was me?
Charming, to the last.

Aldax

Postby Aldax » 19 Dec 2018, 20:02:06

That's weird, because I did send you a life yesterday, so there may be a potential role blocker among the wolves?

Jrsthethird
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Jrsthethird » 19 Dec 2018, 21:42:56

Rictus wrote:

No. What would be in it for you, as a wolf, to keep the known seer alive?

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 20 Dec 2018, 02:58:14

Jrsthethird wrote:
Rictus wrote:

GA can’t protect someone with 2 lives. But we went with majority rules on the maul so it all fell apart.
Charming, to the last.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 20 Dec 2018, 04:58:17

Rictus wrote:
Jrsthethird wrote:
Rictus wrote:

GA can’t protect someone with 2 lives. But we went with majority rules on the maul so it all fell apart.

Not sure the point of this thread of conversation, but the only role stated to have a cover power is the GA and we know Rictus ain’t the GA and his power was revealed in the day’s opening so he certainly did not gift any lives.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 20 Dec 2018, 05:20:18

Hi Guys.

I got home and accidentaly fell asleep on my couch. I just woke up a bit ago. I'll end things up and update.

Return to “The Feast”