Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Clearasday » 18 Nov 2013, 17:40:34

The group stood together looking at the results of their tally. Two pairs of feet stomped towards them. One belonged to the host. The other, belonged to Okaros.

"Well? Is it done? Am I dead? I suppose it's about bloody time. I refuse to stay in any society that is happy to go along with this deranged lunatic and murder people left right and centre. Just give us a minute to say our goodbyes and we'll be off." Okaros, for all of his shouting, appeared to be quite pleased with the notion of dying at last. The onlookers could only marvel as he ate his breakfast croissant slowly and thoughtfully, while he sipped what appeared to be orange juice slowly. There was no speed or panic in his gaze, and many wondered if this wasn't a clear indication of his wolf-like nature.

The Host though, was not one to be upstaged.

"Okaros, you have been chosen by your peers to face the music, and my time and the audience at home's money wait for absolutely no man. There shall be no last words, this is not some kind of sick and twisted reality tv show where being voted off means a pat on the back and a sympathy gift bag. This is Proffesional TV my lad. We have standards! Now what punishment shall we serve today? What day is it again? Lets see... ah yes, Kali-mahnday! Excellent."

The crowd parts as four Thuggees race through them towards Okaros. He seems distracted, his face no longer the picture of tranquility that it once was. He is quickly taken down. As one of the Thuggees places his hand on Okaros' chest, something seems to at last click in the downed lover...

"Love, where are you? Come to me. I thought we agreed we would both leave this world together? I can't face this without you, my heart would simply break!"

KALI-MAH

and it does.

Okaros was lynched. He was a Lover. None of you are experts on hearts, but you quickly agree that the one lying in front of you is as normal as a heart can possibly look having just been torn out of a chest with Black Magic. He must have been Human aligned.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Clearasday » 18 Nov 2013, 17:40:47

Vote Total

Okaros - 8 - Meta4, Dferrantino, twdog, Ryvvn, Ravebomb, Hellheart, Stigmata, Mortus
ICB - 5 - Zark, Rictus, MEM, Wasabi, Omega
MEM - 2 - Furinmirado, rekard
Stigmata - 1 - Blindsniper83
Rekard -1 - ICB
Ryvvn - 1 - Sphenodont
Zark - 1- Admetus

[+] Vote History
Blindsniper83 votes for Stigmata
Furin votes for MEM
ICB votes for rekard
MEM votes for Hellheart
Sphenodont votes for Ryvvn
Meta4 votes for Okaros
Ravebomb votes for Ryvnn
Dferrantino votes for Okaros
Rekard votes for MEM
Zark votes for ICB
Twdog votes for Okaros
Ryvvn votes for Okaros
Ravebomb votes for Okaros
Hellheart votes for Okaros
Admetus votes for Zark
Stigmata votes for Okaros
Mortus votes for Okaros
Rictus votes for ICB
MEM votes for ICB
Wasabi votes for ICB
Omega votes for ICB

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 17:46:19

(( A bigamist lover? Well, at least there was less fallout than I would have expected, but I definitely expected his lover at the very least to be a wolf. I would say that Ravebomb was his likely lover, but I'd be floored if the Scorned Lover didn't make an attempt at that pairing in the last two days.

I'll see what I can dig up tonight. I expect to be one of the leading bandwagons today even though my push of Okaros was well-reasoned and he was the strongest wolf candidate at that point.

Unlike Okaros, I intend to contribute heavily to the village in as many ways as possible before I die. I will not waste my reveal as a human if it comes down to it, unfair as I feel that would be.

EDIT: Actually I'm not certain whether the Scorned Lover would be able to kill the pairing tonight since Okaros was lynched. The Ravebomb reference at the end of day 2 ("My Queen") was very late and not very obvious, so I wouldn't be surprised if the SL missed that one. ))

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 18 Nov 2013, 17:58:34

You're overthinking the queen comment. That comment was due to my avatar, Queen of the Changelings. I figured a love obsessed vampire would be a fitting character to play in a lovers game.

Besides it might have freaked out twdog a little...

Check this video at about the 26 second mark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzsxfO7dBlA
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 18 Nov 2013, 17:59:44

Oh and I am NOT a bigamist. I have just one special someone and Okaros wasn't it.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 18:03:00

(( He got your avatar from just the eyes? Shiiit. I actually don't watch MLP* at all, so it was totally lost on me.

* I'm actually interested in the show in general. My GF is adamantly not interested. Sadly, she dictates what we watch ))

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 18 Nov 2013, 18:06:09

RaveBomb wrote:Besides it might have freaked out twdog a little ...

Changelings feed on love, so I'm quite immune to you. What's more, I always pack a party cannon
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 18 Nov 2013, 18:18:34

Let's just roll with Hellheart for a little while.
Charming, to the last.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 18:31:56

Rictus wrote:Let's just roll with Hellheart for a little while.

(( Totally expected vote, I have no problem with being one of the bandwagons. There's more than enough out there for me to either flesh out an existing wolf case or find an entirely new one and push that instead.

I was hoping that Wasabi's participation level, which took me by surprise, was a wolf tell...but I had to go back at least 15 games to find a WW game where he was more active and he was a human then. He did reference a "long-standing wolf tell" that he had been trying to kick on the game he won as a wolf, and his participation level there was practically zero. Would love to know what his wolf tell was. It's nice to see him be more active, regardless. ))

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 18 Nov 2013, 18:39:31

twdog wrote:

Changelings feed on love, so I'm quite immune to you. What's more, I always pack a party cannon

I'm told it's more of a party popgun.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 18 Nov 2013, 18:47:38

Soo, I'm not liking the rush at the end on ICB or on Okaros to be quite frank. And rekard is totally phoning it in, so I'll go that way for now.
Last edited by Mister E. Meat on 18 Nov 2013, 18:52:39, edited 1 time in total.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 18 Nov 2013, 18:49:45

Okaros - 8 - Meta4, Dferrantino, twdog, Ryvvn, Ravebomb, Hellheart, Stigmata, Mortus

My shortlist (in alphabetical order):
Hellheart
Mister E. Meat
rekard (begrudgingly)

Of those, who was on the Okaros bandwagon?

retracted - was Hellheart
Last edited by FurinMirado on 19 Nov 2013, 16:11:31, edited 1 time in total.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 18 Nov 2013, 18:53:45

FurinMirado wrote:Okaros - 8 - Meta4, Dferrantino, twdog, Ryvvn, Ravebomb, Hellheart, Stigmata, Mortus

Hellheart
Mister E. Meat
rekard (begrudgingly)

Hellheart

Classic wolf ploy. Humans don't know who is human or wolf, so I would expect them to be on a bandwagon that they pushed for. Wouldn't you?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 18 Nov 2013, 18:56:47

Mister E. Meat wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:Okaros - 8 - Meta4, Dferrantino, twdog, Ryvvn, Ravebomb, Hellheart, Stigmata, Mortus

Hellheart
Mister E. Meat
rekard (begrudgingly)

Hellheart

Classic wolf ploy. Humans don't know who is human or wolf, so I would expect them to be on a bandwagon that they pushed for. Wouldn't you?

Why can't he be a wolf picking a human and pushing for his lynch?

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 18 Nov 2013, 19:00:42

He could be. I'm not saying he isn't. I'm just saying that's a flimsy reason.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 19:03:54

(( I'm going to be really depressed if the wolf roster is all of the analytical players and I'm pushing to keep them all alive so they can wreck everybody later on. But I think in a day or two there'll be enough on them to make some informed choices.

I appreciate MEM refraining from the easy vote, although I wasn't going to look his way today anyway; I'm starting to feel like he could just be caught in the middle of a situation where the wolves, lovers, and PM alliances have been pushing in other directions. I don't think being ignored is really a wolfy sign, and the simple fact that nobody else has really looked his way is starting to make me think I may have been off track.

I'm almost certain that I'm going to be pushing for Zark today. I recall somebody mentioning before this game that he's an easy target, but I'm staggered by the implied number of PM's he's sent to create alliances or non-aggression pacts. He's been talking to a lot of people, and I do not like him coming forward with just one name. He could be a wolf and he could very easily be the Scorned Lover instead.

Okaros could have saved himself yesterday by pushing ICB, but he chose not to. It feels like he refused to do it because he thinks that ICB is not a wolf, especially when he said that the cycle would repeat again if ICB got lynched. I naturally give heavy weight to something like that from a human on his way out. ))

Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Wasabi » 18 Nov 2013, 19:25:07

Hellheart wrote:

(( Totally expected vote, I have no problem with being one of the bandwagons. There's more than enough out there for me to either flesh out an existing wolf case or find an entirely new one and push that instead.

I was hoping that Wasabi's participation level, which took me by surprise, was a wolf tell...but I had to go back at least 15 games to find a WW game where he was more active and he was a human then. He did reference a "long-standing wolf tell" that he had been trying to kick on the game he won as a wolf, and his participation level there was practically zero. Would love to know what his wolf tell was. It's nice to see him be more active, regardless. ))

As a wolf, I invariably made suspicious vote moves to attempt to get a non-wolf candidate lynched. When the wolf I tried to save was revealed, I was toast. It's embarrassingly blatant, as tells go.

Anyway, I really want to crank up my contribution this game... but I also completely suck at PM-enabled games. I don't remember everyone who was involved, but I participated in one of the TWG-forum spinoff Diplomacy games, and got royally crushed. I think everyone with whom I'd had back-room dealings and alliances backstabbed me in the span of three turns. When I read that there are players who are working just about everyone else in PMs (and my mailbox has had nothing more than an 'Oh, hey, what's up?' from my lover, with an equally weak reply from me), playing folks against one another, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be outclassed.

So, here I am, watching and waiting until something comes along that either makes it all click, or the tide turns and I or my lover are threatened.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 18 Nov 2013, 19:50:35

Wasabi wrote:So, here I am, watching and waiting until something comes along that either makes it all click, or the tide turns and I or my lover are threatened.

Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 18 Nov 2013, 20:09:29

Mister E. Meat wrote:He could be. I'm not saying he isn't. I'm just saying that's a flimsy reason.

Fair enough. I didn't say it was solid but it seemed better than going after you again. I thought you might actually be relieved that I'm going after someone else. Which actually makes you less wolf-y now that I think about it. A wolf would probably breathe a sigh of relief and let me go after Hellheart.

One thing we should consider is that if Hellheart is the bigamist (or hooked up with the vengeful lover) we lose 3 people. That's slightly better chances of knocking out a wolf, but at quite a cost.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 20:12:10

(( It's possible to lynch a Bigamist that ALSO has a Vengeful lover, although the odds of that combination occurring are incredibly low. If that happened on Day 1 that had the potential to take out 6 people, more than a quarter of the playerbase, on the very first day.

After re-reading yesterday's posts, I'm less sure about Zark than I'd like, mainly because I feel like I'm parroting rekard. I feel like rekard reads posts in a different fashion than I do but his reads usually make sense. I'm afraid that if he's a wolf, he might try to lead me to lynch humans until I get lynched myself. I'll do some more digging, but I am not willing to push ICB at this point after what happened with Okaros yesterday. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 20:28:45

Wasabi wrote:
Hellheart wrote:

As a wolf, I invariably made suspicious vote moves to attempt to get a non-wolf candidate lynched. When the wolf I tried to save was revealed, I was toast. It's embarrassingly blatant, as tells go.

Anyway, I really want to crank up my contribution this game... but I also completely suck at PM-enabled games. I don't remember everyone who was involved, but I participated in one of the TWG-forum spinoff Diplomacy games, and got royally crushed. I think everyone with whom I'd had back-room dealings and alliances backstabbed me in the span of three turns. When I read that there are players who are working just about everyone else in PMs (and my mailbox has had nothing more than an 'Oh, hey, what's up?' from my lover, with an equally weak reply from me), playing folks against one another, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be outclassed.

So, here I am, watching and waiting until something comes along that either makes it all click, or the tide turns and I or my lover are threatened.

(( I think you've made some really good points. I've only gotten a few PM's but that's kind of par for the course for me up to this point, and my uncharacteristic aggression may be putting people off from PM'ing me. I don't think the PM game will play a huge part in the outcome here because there's no Seer and no shared victory, but I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes. I do think that at least one alliance has been made just based on the way certain votes have been falling in clusters.

I'll probably tone down this aggression a little in future games and try to involve more people, but I plan to be a much more active part of things and most of what I'm doing here is going to be a permanent part of my game. I don't particularly enjoy the Village Leader position but I'll take over if nobody else is hard-pushing a wolf. I think this approach will work very well alongside Ozy's natural thread-commanding presence. ))

twdog

Postby twdog » 18 Nov 2013, 21:02:38

RaveBomb wrote:
twdog wrote:

I'm told it's more of a party popgun.

Mine is a "cannon" ... actually, I think most people have a "cannon" ... what's the deal with your "popgun" ? That seems a little odd ...

Oh! I know! Living in the frozen north has shrived yours up. Poor Rave. I'm sorry for you :cry:

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 21:09:38

twdog wrote:Mine is a "cannon" ... actually, I think most people have a "cannon" ... what's the deal with your "popgun" ? That seems a little odd ...

Oh! I know! Living in the frozen north has shrived yours up. Poor Rave. I'm sorry for you :cry:

(( Nah, he needs to be up there to reduce the swelling, if you know what I mean ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 18 Nov 2013, 21:26:17

Ugh, can I vote CAD for spelling it centre?

No? Okay, then how about rekard (RETRACTED).
Last edited by Ryvvn on 19 Nov 2013, 13:49:00, edited 2 times in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 21:33:05

Ryvvn wrote:Ugh, can I vote CAD for spelling it centre?

No? Okay, then how about rekard.

(( What brought about this vote? I know his name's been floating around the whole time, but I feel like there's something I'm missing here.

EDIT: And I'm not picking on you, I promise, I just feel like you'd be more forthcoming with your ideas than most people. And you're probably not at work at 12:30 AM ET. ))

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 18 Nov 2013, 21:59:24

I am just back from the Panthers-Patriots game. Go Panthers! I wasn't here for the end of the day.

Somethinng is always weird when a big bandwagon is formed specially in early days. Okaros didn't help himself with his sarcasm and agressiveness. He didn't need help from Hellheart to get himself lynched, although I would say likely 1-2 wolves were in the Okaros bandwagon in the least. When wagons go big early in an early day, they are likely the wrong wagon.

Now the fact that ICB didn't respond to Zark's comment can be a bit worrying, although he could have been busy to get back.I would like to know what ICB says but it doesn't look well for him. Unless Zark sets him up.

I am of course refraining from implying anyone is a lover with the scorned one still alive. Although if the game advances without wolves dying we could try to use him as a last resort. But that will have to wait.

Hellheart, you are doing sonething similar that I do at times and that is saying too much that is bothersome to read each novel. Good arguments get lost with so much text. I honestly didn't read your decalogue on Okaros wolfiness lol.

Now to sleep. Drank a bit.

But hmm. Let's poke at the Ryvvn

Griffypoo
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Griffypoo » 18 Nov 2013, 22:04:06

WELL since I spent most of my weekend rrrrrrrFACING OPPONENTS THE LIKES YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN NOR WILL EVER SEE AGAIN DUE TO MY INTERFERENCE it would seem I've MISSED a few VOTES

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR bides NO MAN'S RULES, but not VOTING is TANTAMOUNT to not TRIUMPHING which is one thing THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR

WILL

NOT

DO

*snrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk* In the absence of INFORMATION NECESSARY TO PICK A PROPER TARGET FOR MY WRATH, I place this holder vote for THE FELINE ADMIRER FURINMIRADO BECAUSE HIS WEAK, MEWLING AVATAR fills me with so much DISGUST it almost makes me want to HANG UP THE BELT, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE I WOULD CEASE TO BE THE ULTIMATE WARRIOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHRRR

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 22:31:13

Griffypoo wrote:WELL since I spent most of my weekend rrrrrrrFACING OPPONENTS THE LIKES YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN NOR WILL EVER SEE AGAIN DUE TO MY INTERFERENCE it would seem I've MISSED a few VOTES

THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR bides NO MAN'S RULES, but not VOTING is TANTAMOUNT to not TRIUMPHING which is one thing THE ULTIMATE WARRIOR

WILL

NOT

DO

*snrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrk* In the absence of INFORMATION NECESSARY TO PICK A PROPER TARGET FOR MY WRATH, I place this holder vote for THE FELINE ADMIRER FURINMIRADO BECAUSE HIS WEAK, MEWLING AVATAR fills me with so much DISGUST it almost makes me want to HANG UP THE BELT, WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE I WOULD CEASE TO BE THE ULTIMATE WARRIOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHRRR

(( Missed your posting, hard to be in character when I have nobody to screw around with. I included a TLDR version of the previous day's events here, and I'm sure the Ultimate Warrior will have no problem understanding the Macho Man so I'm not going to restate it in this commented out portion. A lot of stuff happened yesterday, and there was a pretty big reversal of the way the bandwagons were going two days ago. It's worth looking at.

If you have any thoughts/reads after you get caught up, just go ahead and post them. The Ultimate Warrior is far easier to read than the Macho Man so no problems there. ))

I have to ask you Warrior because I worry about you sometimes yeah it seems like you don't always pay attention to what other people are saying although maybe your problem is that you don't hear so well yeah and that's why you gotta yell all the time. But I'm telling you right now that there's plenty of information out there yeah people have been talking this whole time and you need to get caught up quick because either you keep up with the times or they'll leave you in the dust oh yeah.

Cocka-Roach was acting all uppity and he broke up a good fight FOR NO GOOD REASON yeah so I had to CRUSH HIM BENEATH MY FEET and that felt good yeah real good but unfortuuuunately he wasn't a member of the Wolf Pack yeah he had us all fooled almost like he was trying to die but with HIS DYING WORDS seemed to link El Burrito to the Human Alliance and that's really important because earlier in the program BerZark came into the ring and told everyone that he had something to say yeah and he said that El Burrito told him that Wreckard was a member of the Wolf Pack and if BerZark challenged Wreckard to a falls-count-anywhere match he would get some help yeah but when the time came El Burrito was NOWHERE TO BE SEEN YEAH he wasn't even in the building because he's a coward and a worm.

But I don't know who to believe because maybe El Burrito is being manipulated or maybe BerZark is lying or maybe Wreckard is manipulating everything behind the scenes and I'm thinking of sitting back and seeing how things develop for a little while yeah offer my opinions but be a little less aggressive because Elizabeth tells me that it might get me killed and it's not my time yet yeah I've still got a lot of fight left in me. Some people are already pushing for the death of the Macho Man for destroying Cocka-Roach because Cocka-Roach was acting like a little girl and wasn't fighting against the Wolf Pack yeah I think it's a little too early for something like that because I'm a member of the Human Alliance and I'm just working with the information I have yeah and sometimes I'll be wrong but it's better than never fighting back.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 18 Nov 2013, 22:47:34

rekard wrote:Hellheart, you are doing sonething similar that I do at times and that is saying too much that is bothersome to read each novel. Good arguments get lost with so much text. I honestly didn't read your decalogue on Okaros wolfiness lol.

(( You sound quite a bit different when you're drunk. I bolded a TLDR version of each point for people who can't bother to read long posts. I've been trying to split what I'm saying into more digestible chunks, but my wolf cases will always be extensive because if I'm making a logical argument and other people are going "LOL you're wrong he's a human" and not actually attacking my argument, I know that I shouldn't be lynched the following day if the guy is human.

If somebody thinks he's a human and attacks my argument in an intelligent way, or thinks that somebody else is a wolf and argues that case well, then I may very well end up changing tracks. Arguments and counter-arguments don't have to be extensive, but disagreeing with me is not going to work unless that person explains why they disagree with me. And anything involving the overall metagame is not a true argument, although I would've been more willing to accept it if Okaros hadn't been the subject of effectively a two-day bandwagon. ))

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 19 Nov 2013, 03:50:47

Been reading through the posts at the end of Day 2 again. So we had a 3-way tie between 2 humans and 1 unknown (rekard). Then sphenodont broke the tie which started a 2-way horse reace between DOM and Okaros. rekard's bandwagon quickly fell behind. Ravebomb attempted to break the tie at the end to cause DOM's demise but was too late.

I can see how rekard's lynch might provide us with a lot of information about that day and I'm tempted to switch. But I'm going to think this through, maybe do some more research during my lunch break.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 19 Nov 2013, 06:35:40

FurinMirado wrote:Been reading through the posts at the end of Day 2 again. So we had a 3-way tie between 2 humans and 1 unknown (rekard). Then sphenodont broke the tie which started a 2-way horse reace between DOM and Okaros. rekard's bandwagon quickly fell behind. Ravebomb attempted to break the tie at the end to cause DOM's demise but was too late.

I can see how rekard's lynch might provide us with a lot of information about that day and I'm tempted to switch. But I'm going to think this through, maybe do some more research during my lunch break.

Agreed with all of this. Okaros as a human makes rekard look really, really bad.

That said, I'm not sure how much information we get if he's a wolf. Pretty much everyone jumped onto either Okaros or DOM. Zark looks particularly bad as he switched off of rekard, but he was the only one who did so. Judging by the timing of all of the votes, it looks more like a PM alliance jumping to save someone than it does a wolf save.

So, whoever's-in-on-the-PMs, who was it? You should probably be voting for that person right now.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 07:20:35

I've been thinking about that. In this game what are the wolves except a pre-made PM alliance with a bigger CC field?

I'm not 100% sold on rekard, but it IS suspicious on how things worked out on day 2, exp in light that both DOM and Okaros turned out to be lovers. I'm for it, but I'm going to hold off for more discussion. There are a lot of big talkers going on, that said, I'm starting to wonder if the wolves are simply out back doing it doggy style while we simply off ourselves with the choking game.

As for my late vote on DOM, it was a failed attempt to tie it up. Failed 'cause I both missed the cutoff, and I failed to count the votes correctly. My time on Sunday was taken up by a D&D game. By the time things were done I had less then 5 minutes to count votes, read my PMs, and make a decision.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 19 Nov 2013, 07:42:56

So I'm nervous about how ~some~ of the more analytical players have been lynched, & we have yet to find one wolf.

Didn't Cad run a "everyone's a villager" game once?

that was Dystopia: http://twg.thegranddespotoftheuniverse.org/viewtopic.php?f=54&t=378

Point. CAD's ruleset expressly says we have 5 of them, & that there are no special roles other than what was defined in the day 1 OP:

Subject: Day 1 - Somebody to Love

Clearasday wrote:
  • Partnerships have been entirely randomly assigned
  • When all of your lovers are dead, you also die of a broken heart.
  • Everyone gets told who their Lover is, but not their role. You will have to ask them that yourself. Likewise, your lover will be oblivious to your role
  • There are 2 Bigamists, 2 Vengeful lovers, 1 Backup lover, 1 Scorned lover and 18 Lovers.
  • There are no other special roles.
  • There are 5 Wolves.
  • If two Lovers of different alignments (a Human and Wolf pairing) make it through to be the last two survivors of the game, then the game is declared a Lovers Victory. They win, everyone else loses (except the Scorned Lover if he has already won).
  • Except for the Scorned Lover, every power role can be both Human or Wolf aligned. They have been randomly assigned.
  • PM's are open. You may PM anyone currently alive in the game. Copy me into all PMs please.

If ICB was onto something after all (even if his stated reasons were incorrect), it ~might~ explain how my reveal fell flat in thread. Rekard could have very easily gone on the offensive, but after I died human, both him and any bandwagon on me would have a vote history to contend with. There would be risk someone would turn the eye of Sauron back his way.

Odd that Okaros didn't seem to have a lover. I reached out to him before he died, & he told me next week's lotto numbers.

Okaros wrote:Unfortunately, there's not much to share. I'm exactly as I've advertised and my suspicions/theories are all in the thread.

Hellheart's public crusade against me is going to rack up a completely useless voting analysis day and another pair of dead humans, alas. At least try to make something useful of it via the Day Two lynch results. Those, at least, should be fairly informative.

Next week's lotto numbers are 26, 53, Z, 1.9, and -1E23

I don't think that's a number - whenever I play "Z" they look at me funny... but his implication that there would be a pair of dead humans (and given DOM has already claimed Backup Lover) makes it likely Okaros was hooked up with a bigamist

Imagine that - if your partner was playing the field like that & you didn't know

Says the heartless wench with the multi-driver discount on her vagina

Hey, you know what's going on in your bed, even if you don't approve of who. Besides, Flo & that Gecko have been good to me... mostly the Gecko... you know he's bigger in person?

My point is it's information. This message was very late in the day, & Okaros gave the impression he thought he still had a lover who would stand by him, or fall with him. That implies his lover was on DOM's bandwagon as the only way to save himself. Said lover's humanity may still be up for debate, but bottom line, there's likely some more intel to be gleaned from a closer look...

Okay... let's look at day two again:

Subject: Day 3 - His lover's die Time after Time

Clearasday wrote:Vote Tally

DOM - 6 - Furin, Admetus, Meta4, twdog, Omega, Okaros
Okaros - 6 - Hellheart, Wasabi, rekard, Zark, Spheno, DOM
Rekard - 3- Stigmata, necklessone, Mortus
Twdog - 1 - ICB
Hellheart - 1 - Ryvvn

[+] Vote History
Ravebomb votes for Rictus
Hellheart votes for ICB
Hellheart votes for MEM

Rekard votes for Omega
Stigmata votes for Rekard
Furin votes for DOM
ICB votes for twdog
Zark votes for Rekard
Admetus votes for DOM
Meta4 votes for DOM
Necklessone votes for rekard
Hellheart votes for DOM
DOM votes for Griffypoo

Rekard votes for Zark
Hellheart votes for MEM
Okaros votes for Rekard
Hellheart votes for Okaros
Ryvvn votes for Hellheart
Twdog votes for DOM
Wasabi votes for Okaros
Mortus votes for rekard
Okaros votes for Admetus
Rekard votes for Okaros
Okaros votes for rekard
Zark votes for Okaros
Spheno votes for Okaros
Omega votes for DOM
DOM votes for Okaros
Okaros votes for DOM

Rekard was a viable bandwagon, & Okaros was all over the place.

Hmm, that is interesting. I believed ICB was playing me. But what if his intel was correct despite the screwy story?

You're going to draw some attention talking like that

I always attract attention

Just not the right kind. Oh, got to go... I have a nooner, & I promised to pick up some toys

More in a bit,

7z7
Last edited by RaveBomb on 19 Nov 2013, 08:02:06, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected list tag
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Nov 2013, 08:24:31

Actually, the wagons look that way because of you. Your switch (due to the pact we did and you honored) Okaros viable. Of course Okaros was being really irrational for some reason that day. He was digging his own grave, even yesterday. And with lovers, bigamists and all, things here become a little more complex. In the end it's actually simple. It is the story of 3 human bandwagons on Day 2.

At this moment though, ICB needs to explain himself.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 19 Nov 2013, 09:11:16

Kahn,

I don't downplay my part in yesterday's madness, nor my reasons. I do have a question for you however: Your profile shows that you are a strumpet, while most of those in this swingers club are harlots or whores. How many frequent flier miles have to be redeemed for Executive Platinum level Escort?

More in a bit,

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 19 Nov 2013, 09:11:28

GMnote: Going to the theatre tonight and I won't be able to lock the thread or post the new one until the morning likely. Could I ask one of our esteemed Mods to lock up at the usual time and I'll open everything right back up when I wake up. I hope the wait doesn't kill too many people.

And no PMs after the EOD please.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 09:23:13

MOD Note Will do.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 19 Nov 2013, 09:28:44

7-zark-7 wrote:Kahn,

I don't downplay my part in yesterday's madness, nor my reasons. I do have a question for you however: Your profile shows that you are a strumpet, while most of those in this swingers club are harlots or whores. How many frequent flier miles have to be redeemed for Executive Platinum level Escort?

More in a bit,

7z7

Probably over 3000?

twdog

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 09:31:57

RaveBomb wrote:Will do.

Yes, but are you going to lock it at 01:00 AM or at 01:59 AM ?

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 09:42:31

twdog wrote:
RaveBomb wrote:Will do.

Yes, but are you going to lock it at 01:00 AM or at 01:59 AM ?

Yes.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 09:47:29

rekard wrote:
7-zark-7 wrote:Kahn,

More in a bit,

7z7

Probably over 3000?

You're doing it wrong. The correct answer is OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!!

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 19 Nov 2013, 10:18:43

I am voting for Hellheart for now, evacuee ook ook ook.

twdog

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 10:24:08

I still don't like that ICB tried to privately start a wagon that he didn't join. Sure, he claimed that he was "unavailable" but there was plenty of time to throw out a quick vote, even just a one word vote with no explanation if he really just didn't have time for a lengthy post. I've seen wolves try to get humans to do their dirty work, and then claim they missed the vote due to extenuating circumstances.

This isn't Iron Clad Proof against Iron Clad Burrito THE RETRACTION IS REDACTED, but it's enough that I'll vote.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 10:34:05

Hellheart - 3 - Rictus, FurinMirado, stigmata
rekard - 3 - MeM, Ryvvn, dferrantino
Zark - 1 - Hellheart
Ryvvn - 1 - rekard
furinmirado - 1 - Griffypoo
ICB - 1 - twdog

Well this is tricky. I can't tie anything up. :cry:

I don't know what to do!!! :flail:

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 19 Nov 2013, 10:49:08

RaveBomb wrote:Well this is tricky. I can't tie anything anyone up. :cry:

I don't know what who to do!!! :flail:

T,FTFY

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 10:59:06

Who? No, that's EASY. I got my snoogie-doodims-pie tucked away with a selection of the best sporks, surgical equipment, and hampsters.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 19 Nov 2013, 11:03:32

(( I can't build a strong enough wolf case to push anybody ahead of both me and rekard. Furin mentioned it already and I doubt that the wolves have forgotten, so my point on Day 1 still stands. I will hard-claim if it comes down to it, but considering the power of the two potential roles I would rather not hand that information to the wolves.

I would rather see either of us killed than ICB at the moment, unless he horribly botches his defense. I think the wolves have been casting minor but significant votes, and I think that none of the names that have been floating around the thread up to this point are wolves. Perhaps one is, but I'd be surprised if there was more than one. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 19 Nov 2013, 11:45:50

(( You know what? Fuck it, I'm not taking this lying down. I think rekard's reasoning has been too internally consistent for him to be a wolf and I don't want to hard-claim. There's another option, and after reflection I think it's the best option.

I'm convinced that Ryvvn is either a wolf or attached to a wolf, and I think Day 2 is all the evidence I need to make this case.

About halfway through Day 2 he votes for me for being indecisive, then posts the vote tally here. Notice how the wagons are 4 and 3, but he votes for me instead of tying the wagons. This is not human Ryvvn. Near EOD he posts another vote tally here, with all three leading wagons tied at 4. At this point, human Ryvvn moves his vote from a useless vote to one of the wagons before EOD. He was present and he did no such thing.

I don't see why Human-Ryvvn would behave this way, but I KNOW why Wolf-Ryvvn would: there were already wolf votes on the leading wagons when he posted his tallies. He's around enough to post his tallies and cast votes but he's not around to offer his opinions or take stands, especially near EOD. Between the posting and the Day 2 voting and the odd PM's he's been sending me today, it's just too much for me to ignore.

If we lynch Ryvvn and he reveals as wolf or linked to a wolf, we know FOR CERTAIN that there is a wolf or wolf-lover in both [Stigmata, Zark, DEADNeckless, DEADOkaros] and [Furin, Admetus, Meta4]. We also know FOR CERTAIN that both Mister E. Meat and his lover are human because Ryvvn dropped the 4th vote on him early on in Day 1.

You think lynching rekard will give you information? If you lynch Ryvvn and he's a wolf, you've found more than half of the wolves in a very small group of players AND confirmed a human with a single lynch. And I think that rekard could very well have a WOLF Vengeful Lover, which the wolves will use to take out as many humans as possible.

And you know what? If I'm wrong this time, just lynch me. I don't care how many people die with me, I think rekard is human and I know I'm human and Ryvvn is a Goddamn wolf ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 19 Nov 2013, 12:07:54

(( And a hush falls over the room as the wolves freak out and discuss strategy ))

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 19 Nov 2013, 12:25:54

{OOC: Eye exam in a half hour, so might be bleary-eyed afterward.}

Hey kids, while waiting for your pie, why not ask your waiter for some crayons and fill in the spaces on your HAPPY FUN ACTIVITY MAT! Collect all three!

[+] Mat 1

[+] Mat 2

[+] Mat 3

Return to “All Smiles and Laughter”