Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 12:28:54

Now I need an eye exam!

And they said my battlemech paintjobs were bad...
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 665
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Meta4 » 19 Nov 2013, 13:04:19

I used the official tallies posted by Clearasday at the beginning of each day to come up with this. The votes highlighted in red were votes for humans, while the votes highlighted in yellow were not really votes at all. Based on a quick tally, it looks like REDACTED - Was Griffypoo has the highest number of "bad votes," with a vote for Visigoth on day 1 and two missed votes on days 2 and 3.

Edit: Screwed up day 3, see new chart below.
Last edited by Meta4 on 19 Nov 2013, 14:07:05, edited 2 times in total.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 13:10:29

:shock: Wait, are we playing wolf game or Eve-Online?

I still have nightmares from that. YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT A TRIGGER WARNING ON THAT YOU INSENSITIVE CLOD! :flail: :flail:


Hellheart - 3 - Rictus, FurinMirado, stigmata
rekard - 3 - MeM, Ryvvn, dferrantino
Ryvvn - 1 - rekard, Hellheart
furinmirado - 1 - Griffypoo
ICB - 1 - twdog
Griffypoo - meta4
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 665
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Meta4 » 19 Nov 2013, 13:13:35

RaveBomb wrote::shock: Wait, are we playing wolf game or Eve-Online?

I still have nightmares from that. YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT A TRIGGER WARNING ON THAT YOU INSENSITIVE CLOD! :flail: :flail:


Hey, I heard the new expansion just came out today. Rubicon, was it? Maybe you give it a try (the first hit is free!). :D
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 13:14:14

That table isn't complete; it's missing red for the people that voted Okaros on day 3. According to our GM, he was a human lover.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 665
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Meta4 » 19 Nov 2013, 13:14:46

twdog wrote:That table isn't complete; it's missing red for the people that voted Okaros on day 3. According to our GM, he was a human lover.


Whoops, missed that. One moment.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 13:21:10

Meta4 wrote:
twdog wrote:That table isn't complete; it's missing red for the people that voted Okaros on day 3. According to our GM, he was a human lover.


Whoops, missed that. One moment.



Thanks.

It does add another red to my name unfortunately, but well, I'm not the only one.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 665
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Meta4 » 19 Nov 2013, 13:22:52

Image

Thanks for pointing out the oversight, Twdog. With Okaros now counted in day three, it looks like Griffypoo and Hellheart are tied for worst votes. Hellheart pulled off a flawless string of votes for humans in days 1-3, while Griffypoo managed a single vote for a human and missed the next two days. Either one of them look like valid targets to me.
Last edited by Meta4 on 19 Nov 2013, 13:30:42, edited 1 time in total.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 13:26:30

friendly suggestion, you should probably edit out the previous chart
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 13:35:39

Meta4 wrote:
RaveBomb wrote::shock: Wait, are we playing wolf game or Eve-Online?

I still have nightmares from that. YOU SHOULD HAVE PUT A TRIGGER WARNING ON THAT YOU INSENSITIVE CLOD! :flail: :flail:


Hey, I heard the new expansion just came out today. Rubicon, was it? Maybe you give it a try (the first hit is free!). :D


By the gods man, do you give drinks to an alcoholic? Do you go to a half way house and hand out Blue Crystal?
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3761
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Admetus » 19 Nov 2013, 13:46:10

I think tallying up the number of "voted for human" is not going to catch many wolves in this game. Without a maul, they have to beat the analysis. Blindly taking the most wolfy positions will probably not carry them to victory.

I also don't know if I like the FurinMirado/dferrantino plan of lynching the previous lynch alternates one by one. If Wolf Furin knows no wolves were on the list, it's an easy way to run down the clock without looking delinquent. In a complete absence of any other thing to look at, maybe, but there are plenty of other questions to have opinions about.

The biggest unanswered question, in my opinion, is what is the whole story with ICB and Zark? If we take Zark at his word (and ICB still hasn't even said "no"), then ICB is claiming someone told him the faction and role of a pair of people in order to form some kind of alliance-at-gunpoint. Why would anyone do this on Day 1? Why would ICB protect them? I was really hoping ICB would say something more about it publicly.

I don't even know what I'm intended to be thinking. Is this a sacrifice play? A missed opportunity? I'm having a hard time imagining how this could happen between humans.

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3496
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Nov 2013, 13:47:37

Hellheart's insistence that I, or really anyone for that matter, should behave consistently from game to game is ridiculously naive and beginning to border on arrogant.

It's true that I PM'd Hellheart today, because I wanted to respond to his inquiry as to why I voted for rekard and had hoped to converse with him privately about PMs I had received which seemed to be subtly leading me and which I had begun to distrust. Now, if we're going to bring up play-styles, I'm fairly certain human Hellheart would have taken the time to discuss my concerns and try to suss out additional information before rampaging in the day thread.

What I didn't tell Hellheart was that my vote on rekard was specifically meant to probe what reactions I'd get from the other one PMing me, I certainly did not expect such a volatile reaction from Hellheart instead.

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 13:51:22

Meta4 wrote:
Thanks for pointing out the oversight, Twdog. With Okaros now counted in day three, it looks like Griffypoo and Hellheart are tied for worst votes. Hellheart pulled off a flawless string of votes for humans in days 1-3, while Griffypoo managed a single vote for a human and missed the next two days. Either one of them look like valid targets to me.


I dunno about Griffy. Are missed votes as bad as wrong ones? Esp with hellheart's mindless pressure on poor Okaros?

ICB's record is interesting as well. By your chart he's currently the only one with no "bad" votes. I'm not sure if that's a wolf tell or a human one.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 665
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Meta4 » 19 Nov 2013, 14:06:08

RaveBomb wrote:I dunno about Griffy. Are missed votes as bad as wrong ones? Esp with hellheart's mindless pressure on poor Okaros?


I agree, Griffypoo is definitely the lesser of two evils, but evil nonetheless. With three back-to-back human votes, he's either a very conspicuous wolf or just damned unlucky. I think I'll take my own advice and move my vote to REDACTED - Was Hellheart.

RaveBomb wrote:ICB's record is interesting as well. By your chart he's currently the only one with no "bad" votes. I'm not sure if that's a wolf tell or a human one.


I understand where you're coming from, but I think it is a bit crazy for a wolf to lay in hiding for three consecutive days when the game is potentially going to be quite short (even for Ice Cold Burrito).
Last edited by Meta4 on 19 Nov 2013, 14:35:27, edited 1 time in total.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 14:17:41

Admetus wrote:The biggest unanswered question, in my opinion, is what is the whole story with ICB and Zark? If we take Zark at his word (and ICB still hasn't even said "no"), then ICB is claiming someone told him the faction and role of a pair of people in order to form some kind of alliance-at-gunpoint. Why would anyone do this on Day 1? Why would ICB protect them? I was really hoping ICB would say something more about it publicly.



Is there a seer in this game?* I know there usually is, but this is a very unusual game. I don't recall that in the rules. Anyway, Hellheart's comments about there being a HA is really strange if there isn't a seer. Human Alliances almost always need a seer to vett players. Otherwise it's the "Might Be Human Alliance"

What's more is that, on Day 1 nobody knows anything aside from who their lover is ... of course, the wolves know something too. Somebody sent me a PM accusing a particular player, and that PM might be true. Then again, it might not and I'm not going to treat it as a fact, only as a possibility. Yet the impression I get is that ICB is sending accusations to Zark who is treating them as fact. That could be wrong, but that's how it's coming off to me. Just seems pretty hasty to make definite claims like that. Even if ICB is a seer, wouldn't he wait to verify zark first? And certainly he'd tell zark to keep his source confidential.

So this is why I'm keeping my vote on ICB for now. However, Hellheart doesn't look to good to me either, and I'm perfectly happy to see him lynched today.

* I'm not asking the seer (if s/he exists) to reveal
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 665
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 12:58:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Southern Michigan
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Meta4 » 19 Nov 2013, 14:35:12

I'm having second thoughts. If I look at the three other folks voting for Hellheart, all three of them have two questionable votes. That makes it fairly likely that at least one of them is a wolf trying to start a bandwagon on a human, and I wouldn't be surprised if all three of them were wolves. That said, they've played a pretty smart game so far, so it doesn't seem terribly likely they'd make such a blatant move.

Either way, I'm going to put Griffypoo back on deck just in case I can't get back on before the vote ends tonight. Sorry to be so indecisive, but I guess I'd rather throw away a vote for Griffypoo than inadvertently legitimize what increasingly appears to be a wolf-led bandwagon on Hellheart.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4257
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 19 Nov 2013, 15:10:56

Wow, people are waiting on me to say something? That's a switch.

OK.

1. I'm not a seer.

2. The thing is, I did contact zark to try to rally support for lynching rekard. And the thing is, I actually was contacted by the person purporting to be rekard's lover and telling me about this -- including the vengeful lover threat. Essentially, Zark is being almost completely truthful, with just a few mostly-inconsequential inaccuracies. The big one is that day 1 had nothing to do with this, except that is when he made first contact with me. And he doesn't believe I needed to not be around at EOD Sunday, which is sad because my need was completely verifiable.

((I live in an area that tends to lose power more often than I like, I have a daughter who isn't used to strong thunderstorms (having lived in Southern California her whole life til now), and I have a wife (also a SoCal native, and also unused to these storms) who was driving in them. So forgive me for having higher priorities. As we have ALL now learned, I wasn't around at EOD just like I said.))

3. Zark and I had a nonaggression pact, initiated by him very early on day 1. I felt at the time that he was a man who honored such bargains, making him the ideal choice to help me rally. I considered the broken when he outed me, though he says considered it broken when I named him as "somewhat suspicious" after he backed out on me. This is important to note, because we now know that Zark and rekard are aligned.

4. I was planning on the "late vote" on day 2 because I didn't want to give off the vibe of planning to betray the person who PM'd me until I was ready. But I still firmly believe that we'll have a wolf. And we're now 2 days past the time where I'd have done so, so here we are.

I am sticking by my decision to vote for rekard and will continue to do so until such time that he's lynched. If I'm wrong, lynch me.

Now, as for my source (Purported to be rekard's lover)? No, you're not getting that yet. Here's why: I expect this person to die when rekard goes, making it irrelevant. And if this person DOESN'T die -- they provided me a wolf name, so I think I'll protect them for a while until I can figure out what's up (and we'll have a long, intense discussion about betrayal, much like I did with Zark). However, if they don't die and rekard's death doesn't get us a wolf, I'll gladly drop the dime while you're all stringing me up. Deal?

------

Also, we simply MUST STOP lynching the guy who was in second place the day before. There's 3 days of voting out there, and we continually lay our "suspicions of the day" at the feet of the guy who survived the day prior -- because obviously if we lynched a human, a wolf MUST have been in second place, right? No. Stop it, guys. We're embarrassing ourselves with this behavior.

Tap Dancing on my suspicious list in no particular order and in varying degrees of strength:
Furin: A day 3 post where he's suspicious of Mister E. Meat generating heat on day 1 and then not getting lynched -- but arguing that rekard's not suspicious for the exact same thing on day 2.

Zark, though that may just be the sting of betrayal -- The outing of our PM conversation bothers me, but the earnestness of it all helps soothe the wolfy-vibe I get.

Hellheart, who pushed so hard for Okaros's death on activity that I actually thought made him 'leaning human'. Wolves generally don't draw attention to themselves the way Okaros did, and I'm not sure I can remember the last time they did (successfully).

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 15:18:26

Iron Clad Burrito wrote: And the thing is, I actually was contacted by the person purporting to be rekard's lover and telling me about this -- including the vengeful lover threat.


Why would you believe this person? And if this person really is the Vengeful Lover, wouldn't rekard be the last person we'd want to lynch without some absolutely undeniable rock solid proof he's a wolf? I'd have either: 1) ignored rekard 2) lynch the lover 3) ignore them both. Lynching rekard just seems like a really weird choice if you believe this PM.

If you didn't believe this PM, then why act on it at all?
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2908
Joined: 05 Aug 2013, 09:13:21
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Livonia, MI

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Hellheart » 19 Nov 2013, 15:24:51

(( I'm going to put some things on the table:

I am a Bigamist. This will probably get me Wolf Vengeful Lover sniped, but if the wolves have a Vengeful Lover there's a very high chance that they know I have to be a Bigamist, and I have to be the only Bigamist with two lovers since I lynched Okaros. If you pop the Wolf Vengeful I will always be the target because they'll get 3 humans.

Ryvvn sent me a PM effectively telling me that depending on how the lynch went, he'd let me know who PM'd him tomorrow. I found this odd: why not today, since I'm ahead in the lynch? What difference will tomorrow make? Well, if the wolves know that I'm a Bigamist and rekard has a wolf Vengeful Lover, I'm going to die no matter what. Either I'm lynched, or the Vengeful pops me and gets 3 humans.

I basically sold out because I am fully convinced that I will die tonight unless somebody other than rekard or me is lynched. ))

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4257
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 19 Nov 2013, 15:25:39

twdog wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote: And the thing is, I actually was contacted by the person purporting to be rekard's lover and telling me about this -- including the vengeful lover threat.


Why would you believe this person? And if this person really is the Vengeful Lover, wouldn't rekard be the last person we'd want to lynch without some absolutely undeniable rock solid proof he's a wolf? I'd have either: 1) ignored rekard 2) lynch the lover 3) ignore them both. Lynching rekard just seems like a really weird choice if you believe this PM.

If you didn't believe this PM, then why act on it at all?


I'm not sure I said anything about belief. Maybe I said vampires? :)

There are parts of the PM I believe to be untrue. At the same time, frankly, I didn't appreciate the threat. What don't you understand? I am trying to lynch the lover of the person who PM'd me.

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 15:35:54

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
twdog wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote: And the thing is, I actually was contacted by the person purporting to be rekard's lover and telling me about this -- including the vengeful lover threat.


Why would you believe this person? And if this person really is the Vengeful Lover, wouldn't rekard be the last person we'd want to lynch without some absolutely undeniable rock solid proof he's a wolf? I'd have either: 1) ignored rekard 2) lynch the lover 3) ignore them both. Lynching rekard just seems like a really weird choice if you believe this PM.

If you didn't believe this PM, then why act on it at all?


I'm not sure I said anything about belief. Maybe I said vampires? :)

There are parts of the PM I believe to be untrue. At the same time, frankly, I didn't appreciate the threat. What don't you understand? I am trying to lynch the lover of the person who PM'd me.


That's the part!

If rekard has a Vengeful Lover, and we lynch rekard, then the lover gets to kill someone. There's a pretty good chance that the Vengeful Lover is a wolf, so in that case lynching rekard would be really bad. If the Vengeful Lover is human, then we still run a pretty good risk of the Vengeful Lover taking out a human because we've found zero wolves so far. The best thing is to either lynch the Vengeful Lover, or ignore them both until we have strong evidence one or the other of them is a wolf. If we have such evidence, then we'd lynch the Vengeful Lover not the partner.

Basically, I don't see any scenario where it's a good idea for the humans to lynch the Vengeful Lover's partner. I view the Vengeful Lover couple as a dangerous hazard especially if the Vengeful Lover is a wolf.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4257
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 19 Nov 2013, 15:39:49

twdog wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
twdog wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote: And the thing is, I actually was contacted by the person purporting to be rekard's lover and telling me about this -- including the vengeful lover threat.


Why would you believe this person? And if this person really is the Vengeful Lover, wouldn't rekard be the last person we'd want to lynch without some absolutely undeniable rock solid proof he's a wolf? I'd have either: 1) ignored rekard 2) lynch the lover 3) ignore them both. Lynching rekard just seems like a really weird choice if you believe this PM.

If you didn't believe this PM, then why act on it at all?


I'm not sure I said anything about belief. Maybe I said vampires? :)

There are parts of the PM I believe to be untrue. At the same time, frankly, I didn't appreciate the threat. What don't you understand? I am trying to lynch the lover of the person who PM'd me.


That's the part!

If rekard has a Vengeful Lover, and we lynch rekard, then the lover gets to kill someone. There's a pretty good chance that the Vengeful Lover is a wolf, so in that case lynching rekard would be really bad. If the Vengeful Lover is human, then we still run a pretty good risk of the Vengeful Lover taking out a human because we've found zero wolves so far. The best thing is to either lynch the Vengeful Lover, or ignore them both until we have strong evidence one or the other of them is a wolf. If we have such evidence, then we'd lynch the Vengeful Lover not the partner.

Basically, I don't see any scenario where it's a good idea for the humans to lynch the Vengeful Lover's partner. I view the Vengeful Lover couple as a dangerous hazard especially if the Vengeful Lover is a wolf.


The vengeful lover part is one I don't believe. I think that was an empty threat.

You went from "Why do you even believe this PM" to "Why wouldn't you take that threat seriously" in like 2 posts.

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 15:46:45

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:The vengeful lover part is one I don't believe. I think that was an empty threat.


If you don't believe it, then it follows that the sender isn't trustworthy at all.

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:You went from "Why do you even believe this PM" to "Why wouldn't you take that threat seriously" in like 2 posts.


I'm talking about these two different scenarios:

1) you don't believe the PM. In that case, mentally toss it in the trash and make the sender as untrustworthy. Maybe try to lynch the sender as a possible wolf.

2) you do believe the PM. In that case, lynching rekard is the wrong choice because it triggers the Vengeful Lover's kill, and the lover might be a wolf or a human with poor aim.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus
Posts: 4257
Joined: 13 May 2013, 18:27:41
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Tennessee (US Central Time)

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 19 Nov 2013, 15:48:29

twdog wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:The vengeful lover part is one I don't believe. I think that was an empty threat.


If you don't believe it, then it follows that the sender isn't trustworthy at all.

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:You went from "Why do you even believe this PM" to "Why wouldn't you take that threat seriously" in like 2 posts.


I'm talking about these two different scenarios:

1) you don't believe the PM. In that case, mentally toss it in the trash and make the sender as untrustworthy. Maybe try to lynch the sender as a possible wolf.

2) you do believe the PM. In that case, lynching rekard is the wrong choice because it triggers the Vengeful Lover's kill, and the lover might be a wolf or a human with poor aim.


Well, since I'm the one pushing this, it stands to reason that I'll be taken out if I'm wrong. So don't sweat it, you'll still live, right?

And the best lies have some truth to them, yes? So IRT your first comment, should I just engage in a complete "black and white" scenario? I mean, I'll abandon the whole line if that's what YOU think I should do. :p

User avatar
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 4827
Joined: 03 Aug 2013, 21:29:25
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: New York City (Get a Rope)

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby 7-zark-7 » 19 Nov 2013, 15:56:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54

I may regret this

You may regret a lot of things. Those girls from yesterday were a lot of fun

But I have to put in a vote, & right or wrong, this is the one that gets me the most intel

Rekard is going to shit a brick, you know that, right?

So be it. If he has a brick up there, better out than in.

Rekard

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 15:59:44

Holy walls of text batman!

Posting this while I catch up:
As I see it.
rekard - 5 - MeM, Ryvvn, dferrantino, Iron Clad Burrito, 7-zark-7
Hellheart - 3 - Rictus, FurinMirado, stigmata
Ryvvn - 2 - rekard, Hellheart
furinmirado - 1 - Griffypoo
ICB - 1 - twdog
Griffypoo - 1 - meta4
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 16:01:39

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:Well, since I'm the one pushing this, it stands to reason that I'll be taken out if I'm wrong. So don't sweat it, you'll still live, right?


Yes, I will. But we're at Day 4 already and we need to start getting some wolves.

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:And the best lies have some truth to them, yes? So IRT your first comment, should I just engage in a complete "black and white" scenario? I mean, I'll abandon the whole line if that's what YOU think I should do. :p


Like I said, we need to start getting some wolves and your line of reasoning here seems ... suspect ... to put it mildly.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 16:03:22

Hellheart RETRACTED again

ICB's flimsy reasoning makes rekard look more human to me
Last edited by twdog on 19 Nov 2013, 16:58:08, edited 1 time in total.
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 923
Joined: 26 Jul 2013, 10:32:39
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: London Ontario

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Blindsniper83 » 19 Nov 2013, 16:05:50

Rekard because...... well i havent got a reason, not working for over a year other than side jobs and jumping into 10hr shifts is draining, and well atm too many :words: to read, be back later possibly
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2673
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Omega » 19 Nov 2013, 16:06:15

That's pretty nifty there sphenodont.

I think we're going to learn a lot regardless of who between rekard and Hellheart gets lynched.

Is there an up to date vote count?

User avatar
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2530
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:55:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Indianapolis, IN - Eastern Time Zone

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby FurinMirado » 19 Nov 2013, 16:06:31

I may regret this, but lets go with retracted - was rekard. My gut says to go with it.
Last edited by FurinMirado on 19 Nov 2013, 16:53:55, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 16:06:43

The urge to tie this up is killing me.
However, that said there is a LOT of uncertainty and he-said she-said around rekard right now and I think we need to know what's up with rekard.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 16:07:16

Geez people stop posting and let me post!
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 16:08:24

If rekard turns out to be human, then ICB and Zark are wolves
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2530
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 16:55:18
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Indianapolis, IN - Eastern Time Zone

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby FurinMirado » 19 Nov 2013, 16:09:11

Omega wrote:That's pretty nifty there sphenodont.

I think we're going to learn a lot regardless of who between rekard and Hellheart gets lynched.

Is there an up to date vote count?

I must have missed something. What did sphenodont post about?

Edit: Nevermind, missed the post at the bottom of page 1. :lol:

User avatar
RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
Posts: 3851
Joined: 24 Jul 2013, 11:13:22
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore
Karma: +69/-96
Location: The Frozen North
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby RaveBomb » 19 Nov 2013, 16:10:49

rekard - 7 - MeM, Ryvvn, dferrantino, Iron Clad Burrito, Blindsniper83, FurinMirado, RaveBomb
Hellheart - 4 - Rictus, FurinMirado, stigmata, twdog
Ryvvn - 2 - rekard, Hellheart
furinmirado - 1 - Griffypoo
Griffypoo - 1 - meta4
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2673
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Omega » 19 Nov 2013, 16:12:13

FurinMirado wrote:
Omega wrote:That's pretty nifty there sphenodont.

I think we're going to learn a lot regardless of who between rekard and Hellheart gets lynched.

Is there an up to date vote count?

I must have missed something. What did sphenodont post about?

Edit: Nevermind, missed the post at the bottom of page 1. :lol:


[OOC: I missed the entirety of page two between the time I hit reply and when I was able to come back and post that!]

User avatar
Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2673
Joined: 04 May 2013, 15:03:44
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353
Location: Oceanside, CA (PST)
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Omega » 19 Nov 2013, 16:13:27

rekard seems to the flavor du jour, and I'm unavailable the rest of the day, so, let's go with it.

rekard

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 16:14:48

I love how even though ICB is practically standing on a box screaming to the world that he's a wolf, people are "herp derp rekard derp hellheart derp herping whatever"
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

User avatar
Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2456
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 18:24:17
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Mister E. Meat » 19 Nov 2013, 16:16:16

twdog wrote:If rekard turns out to be human, then ICB and Zark are wolves

I don't see how you get that. Do you think they manufactured this whole spat in order to clear themselves?


ACCIDENTAL GM EDIT BY TWDOG
THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE A QUOTE

YES! That's exactly what I think!

ICB's story is riddled with holes and inconsistencies. Zark, has clearly thrown in his lot with wolf ICB making him either 1) wolf 2) wolf's human lover
Last edited by twdog on 19 Nov 2013, 16:46:51, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: clarifciation

User avatar
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
Posts: 3496
Joined: 30 Jul 2013, 16:21:50
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Salem, OR
Contact:

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Ryvvn » 19 Nov 2013, 16:18:48

Could wolf/bigamist Hellheart have had one wolf lover (LIVING) and one human lover (ALREADY DEAD), giving some reason to the massive push onto rekard that just happened?
Last edited by Ryvvn on 19 Nov 2013, 16:19:22, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6348
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby rekard » 19 Nov 2013, 16:19:17

I have just come back.

ICB. You are willing to sacrifice a human for an empty threat. If it is that empty, you are just making this game harder for the humans. You are fooled. And you are willing to let yourself be killed by such action? What will happen here is that a human will be lynched and fron what my lover has told me I believe him to be human. No. You are doing somethung else. You want me out of the way. Your reasons are flimsy and here's the thing. There is no accountability.

What will your next step be when things go wrong? You will blame someone else you know 5o be human. Why? Because there is no way to prove someone actually messaged you. The one who PMed you has lied to you. Because qhen this charade is revealed why would this person risk himself so early knowibg it is all false? When this thing ends, that person would end up strangled. Someone telling you this would end up dead.

There is no logic. There is no win for the guy telling you this except taking others out of the way. This is uncharacteristic of you. What are you hiding? This can't be that simple. No. You ICB are full of rats.

User avatar
twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
Posts: 3138
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:35:13
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Not in the server room, not jacking off. Honest.

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby twdog » 19 Nov 2013, 16:20:26

Ryvvn wrote:Could wolf/bigamist Hellheart have had one wolf lover (LIVING) and one human lover (ALREADY DEAD), giving some reason to the massive push onto rekard that just happened?



Shift to hellheart, that rush was incredibly suspicious
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
Posts: 4398
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 05:36:16
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737
Location: Bloomington, IL (Central Time)

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby sphenodont » 19 Nov 2013, 16:21:21

{OOC: Eyes dilated and I've got a massive headache. Brief post ensues.}

Another day, another runaway vote.... but I'm pretty sure this time the noose is closing on a wolf. At this point in the game, the wolves will probably be starting to sacrifice their own, especially when one has caught the limelight so often. Also, if the wolves have revealed to their lovers, then they'll need to be offering up some of their compatriots in order to convince them that they are really going for the Lovers Win and not leading them into a slaughter.

my vote is on rekard, but I'm sure at least one wolf/lover pair is in the mix.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6348
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby rekard » 19 Nov 2013, 16:24:31

The other possibility of this is ICB doing an intentional sacrifice for the wolf team? Honestly, I don't see how this ends well for ICB or the one who talked with him. This rush is really sonething else. Your answer is unworthy ICB. You should not only be lynched for being a liar, but for playing such a clumsy game.

ICB

Suboptimal play should not be rewarded.

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3761
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Admetus » 19 Nov 2013, 16:26:08

Holy shit fast moving thread. I have been trying to make a vote tally because RaveBomb's is wrong. You missed Ryvvn's move, and Zark's vote. But damn I can't even add votes as fast as they're coming in.

rekard - 9 - Mister E. Meat, dferrantino, Iron Clad Burrito, 7-zark-7, Blindsniper83, FurinMirado, RaveBomb, Omega, sphenodont
Hellheart - 4 - Rictus, stigmata, Ryvvn, twdog
Ryvvn - Hellheart
FurinMirado - Griffypoo
Griffypoo - Meta4
Iron Clad Burrito - rekard


Someone please verify, since the two counts don't agree.

As for my vote, I would far rather lynch ICB and then rekard than the other way around. I very much appreciate that ICB has given us some more information, but I think we're playing with fire on the Vengeful threat that's built into it. This could be about sacrificing a wolf to get a Vengeful shot, which buys a huge amount of human cred while not falling behind on overall tempo.

I don't feel like Hellheart is giving off a wolf vibe. He's fooled me before, but this new Hellheart Inquisition mode seems different enough from his careful wolf play from last time that I'm willing to believe he's human.

I've talked with rekard, so I know he's around and reasonably active. I feel like if he had a little more participation in the main thread I would feel better about him, but I know he's also talking in PMs, so maybe that's taking up his attention.



And overall this lynch vote also seems awfully stacked. Poo.

User avatar
Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
Posts: 2456
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 18:24:17
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Queens, NY

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Mister E. Meat » 19 Nov 2013, 16:26:40

Mister E. Meat wrote:
twdog wrote:If rekard turns out to be human, then ICB and Zark are wolves

I don't see how you get that. Do you think they manufactured this whole spat in order to clear themselves?

YES! That's exactly what I think!

ICB's story is riddled with holes and inconsistencies. Zark, has clearly thrown in his lot with wolf ICB making him either 1) wolf 2) wolf's human lover

WTF. Someone else edited my post. I kid you not. The part in italics was edited.

User avatar
Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
Posts: 3761
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 13:43:55
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Birthday Boy
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Admetus » 19 Nov 2013, 16:30:26

Yes, I saw that too, MEM. I'm going to believe it was an attempt to "quote" rather than "edit" but please be careful, mods!

User avatar
Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore
Posts: 1479
Joined: 01 Aug 2013, 17:00:20
TWG 1 Posts: 0
Location: Maine

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby Wasabi » 19 Nov 2013, 16:31:32

RaveBomb wrote:ICB's record is interesting as well. By your chart he's currently the only one with no "bad" votes. I'm not sure if that's a wolf tell or a human one.


This is exactly what I was thinking. And I don't think I like the way things turned around on day 2 when things swung so heavily away from Rekard.

User avatar
rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
Posts: 6348
Joined: 25 Jul 2013, 15:27:18

Re: Day 4 - Total Eclipse of the Heart

Postby rekard » 19 Nov 2013, 16:32:53

Guys. You are handing this game to wolves by being followers to ICB. A story full of holes and lies. Not only that, ICB is hiding something. You prefer to follow that guy with th shiftiest of stories?

Full of holes and uncertainties because someone said so. I know right know my lover is not vengeful and not betraying me. Take it for what you will but following ICB will be a big mistake.


Return to “All Smiles and Laughter”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest