Day 5 - Shot through the Heart

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 5 - Shot through the Heart

Postby Clearasday » 20 Nov 2013, 02:31:17

"Congratulations everyone, the show has gone viral again! Right now #omgnecklessonetotallydeservedsomeonebetter and #teamDOM and #teamVisigoth are trending on twitter. Success! Money! It's all ours. We've got to accelerate this show to the next level. We need some drama, some action, some romance. Quickly, bring in the accused."

Rekard is pushed forward, tied, bound, chained, tied, sellotaped, giftwrapped, roped, chained and bound again. The villagers are taking no chances. Rekard's face is the colour of ash, but he remains entirely silent while the Host inspects him.

"Ah Rekard. Killing you this far into the season will surely send fans of the show reeling. You're a fan favourite, the girls want you, the guys want to be you. We might even make it into the papers. Now, how to do it. Ah yes, isn't it Tickle-To-Death-Tuesday? You there, intern, tickle Rekard to death."

The intern has other ideas though. He backpedals as fast as he can and runs out of the room. The rest of the contestants look at each other. Nobody wants to commit the act. It took eight men just to bind Rekard. And there are whispers among some of a Vengeful Lover. Everyone else takes a step back in unison so that the host is now left alone with a quiet, seething Rekard.

"Uh I see. In that case, its not Tickle-To-Death-Tuesday is it? No, we've actually had a bug in all of the calendars down here at the studio. It's actually Unnecessarily-Large-Crossbow-Wednesday."

An absurdly gigantic crossbow is quickly wheeled forward to the far end of the stage. The Host seems happy to do the honours considering it puts him well out of range of death-glare-rekard. As he begins to wind up the crossbow though, a shout is heard.

"NOOOO. I shall not let you have him. He's mine you villain."
Everyone looks up to find twdog high in the rafters, clutching a rapier in one hand and a rope in the other. He clearly intends to swing down to save his beloved in the most dramatically romantic way possible. But first, a monologue.

"You see, I've always known that you would shun us and try to kill us. I've always foreseen that your collective jealousy could not let a love as strong as ours endure in your midst. Why? Because we put you all to shame. Compared to Reky-Weky and I, you're all just children who don't know the first thing about devotion to another. But now you'll see, we'll escape from your prison. It can't contain two people as deeply connected as we are. And then you'll know that it was I-"

TWANG

An over-sized bolt zooms straight through twdogs heart. Yet somehow he manages to fall to one knee and hold out a hand dramatically towards rekard before falling to the stage below. A Howl is heard from the other side of the stage, but not one that is entirely human. Rekard has transformed into a huge scowling werewolf with murder in his eyes and is beginning to shake the chains off one layer at a time.

The Host, realising that he will not get another bolt loaded in time to save everyone, attempts to pick up the over-the-top Crossbow. A few quick-thinking contestants quickly come to his aid and they rush the Crossbow at Rekard just as the Werewolf breaks the last layer of sellotape with his claws. But not fast enough. One blow to the head with the crossbow and Rekard is dead.

Rekard was lynched. He was a Lover. Although some people still believe it was in fact Aliens, most are fairly sure that the whole transformation thing proved he was a Werewolf.
Twdog has died of a broken heart. He was a Lover. Judging from the fact most Wolves are not dramatically inclined, he was likely Human Aligned.

GMnote: Thanks to Ravebomb for locking up for me, and everyone else for waiting.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 5 - Shot through the Heart

Postby Clearasday » 20 Nov 2013, 02:31:58

Vote Totals

Rekard - 8 - MEM, Dferrantino, ICB, Zark, Blindsniper83, Ravebomb, Omega, Sphenodont
ICB - 4 - Rekard, Admetus, Wasabi, twdog
Hellheart - 3 - Rictus, Stigmata, Ryvvn,
Ryvvn - 2 - Hellheart, FurinMirado
FurinMirado - 1 - Griffypoo
Griffypoo - 1- Meta4

[+] Vote History
Rictus votes for Hellheart
MEM votes for rekard
Furin votes for Hellheart
Hellheart votes for Zark
Ryvvn votes for rekard
Rekard votes for Ryvvn
Griffypoo votes for FurinMirado
Dferrantino votes for rekard
Stigmata votes for Hellheart
Twdog votes for ICB
Hellheart votes for Ryvvn
Meta4 votes for Griffypoo
Ryvvn votes for Hellheart
Meta4 votes for Hellheart
Meta4 votes for Griffypoo
ICB votes for rekard
Zark votes for rekard
twdog votes for Hellheart
Blindsniper83 votes for Rekard
Furin votes for rekard
Ravebomb votes for rekard
Omega votes for rekard
Sphenodont votes for rekard
Rekard votes for ICB (His first vote is unretracted so this really should not count)
Admetus votes for ICB
Wasabi votes for ICB
FurinMirado votes for Ryvvn
Twdog votes for ICB
Last edited by RaveBomb on 20 Nov 2013, 07:19:11, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removed hellheart's retracted vote for zark.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 20 Nov 2013, 02:35:22

This day will end at the usual time. 1:00AM GMT.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 20 Nov 2013, 03:55:04

FurinMurado. You seem to be phoning it in this game.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 20 Nov 2013, 04:30:59

Mister E. Meat wrote:FurinMurado. You seem to be phoning it in this game.

The holidays have ramped things up at work. There is a lot to do in a lot shorter time. So yes, I have definitely been phoning it in. Last I heard this wasn't a crime.

I'm tempted to just flip you off, revenge vote you and call it a day but I'd rather go for one of the people that helped rekard survive on Day 2.

sphenodont
Omega
Ravebomb

1. Ravebomb tried to vote at the last minute, but rekard was safe at that point so it wouldn't have mattered either way. I don't think Ravebomb is a wolf that was trying to save rekard.

2. sphenodont broke the tie and Omega tied it back up but voted for DOM instead of rekard.

At this point I'm leaning towards Omega based solely on the late Day 2 voting. But I won't put my vote in yet until I can do some more analysis at lunch break.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 20 Nov 2013, 05:11:49

Not that it matters in the end, but you've got Hellheart listed as voting for both Zark and Ryvvn (the sequel to Mysst).
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 20 Nov 2013, 05:24:30

Here's the vote analysis for yesterday. It looks like Hellheart and Griffypoo are still tied for worst voter status this morning. I'd still like to see Griffypoo step up to the plate.

"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 20 Nov 2013, 07:01:01

Meta4 wrote:Here's the vote analysis for yesterday.

I've always been fond of multicolored posting

Me too, as it happens

Charts are a nice touch. There's this girl who does similar charts - length, girth, stamina, etc

Oh gods

But you know, it'd be helpful if the critical (vote) measurements were off to the left instead of the right

Do I want to know why?

Well, I am on the move a lot, this boardroom, that bedroom, the taxis between - unfortunately the charts don't scroll left to right in my iPhone browser - I can see the value in knowing what happens on day 10

Because, you know, you might not make it that far, with turf war being fought between various STDs and all

But I can't see day 10, much less the vote column when I'm on the go. By the way... Jealous much? Have you gotten any yet?

No, but you're changing the subject

Honey, this is the only subject that matters. I'm doing all this for you

You mean them

Fair enough, I'm doing all of them... for you

:(

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 20 Nov 2013, 09:33:31

I don't see anything in redacted - was Omega's voting history to suggest he's human. What I do see is a suspicious vote near the end of Day 2 which contributed to rekard's survival.
Last edited by FurinMirado on 20 Nov 2013, 16:53:09, edited 1 time in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 09:51:07

(( I was wrong about rekard, but to my credit I could have pushed ICB as the only lynch that may have gotten more traction and I chose not to. rekard all but insisted that I push ICB, which does not necessarily mean ICB is human since he could be a backstabbing wolf, but I refused to do so.

I was right about Ryvvn in that he had other reasons for his voting, I was wrong in that the only reasons could be wolfy reasons. Damnit Ryvvn, if you had just sent me the PM's instead of telling me to wait a day I wouldn't have freaked out about the possibility of a Wolf Vengeful attached to rekard. That was a creepy PM, seriously.

Ryvvn is off of my wolf list for the time being. I'm not sure where to put ICB, but I'm not trying to lynch him anytime soon. I have serious trouble discerning the difference between wolf moves and PM-inspired moves since they both reflect a hidden agenda, so I'm going to take a backseat and just offer my thoughts for awhile.

I was virtually certain that I'd be dead when this day dawned. ))

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 20 Nov 2013, 09:53:42

Meta4 wrote:Here's the vote analysis for yesterday. It looks like Hellheart and Griffypoo are still tied for worst voter status this morning. I'd still like to see Griffypoo step up to the plate.

I wouldn't be OPPOSED to Griffy. but let me ask you... why are "No votes" given the same weight as "bad votes"? Griffy's on the same level as Hellheart because he's missed votes, while we have Hellheart with 3 known bad votes. And claims of being a human bigamist (yesterday) and a vengeful lover (day 1)? I'm guessing next time HH thinks he's in trouble he'll name himself the sociopath.

Besides that, 2 other people share the "2 no-vote" level (Rictus and Blindsniper). Where do they fall in the spectrum?

[e] fix quote

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 10:06:16

FurinMirado wrote:I don't see anything in Omega's voting history to suggest he's human. What I do see is a suspicious vote near the end of Day 2 which contributed to rekard's survival.

(( I remember asking Omega about his vote on DOM and he said he was just tying it up. He was right - I had missed sphenodont's vote.

Then I asked a different question with several hours left: why did you vote for DOM instead of rekard?

He didn't answer that question. That question takes on a much more menacing tone at this point. Omega was in the driver's seat there and he chose to push DOM forward instead of rekard. ))

Omega bothers me yeah it's like one of those movies where there's a train barreling towards the damsel in distress yeah except this time there's two of them...do you understand where I'm going here Gene? Omega switched that train so that it would crush the live out of Dastard Lee and keep rekard safe yeah and that looks bad right now, really bad, because he's been keeping a low profile unlike the Macho Man who has laid everything out on the table and I've held nothing back and I will continue to hold nothing back because the Champion should never feel embarrassed to say what he's thinking.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 20 Nov 2013, 10:22:34

Sorry Hellheart, I missed that question.

Given the choice between the two of them? I think rekard is better analytically (when human) than DOM. That's not to say DOM isn't good, he's great, but, it was a choice between the two of them.

I'll admit, I've been phoning it in this game, I've been tied up with a bunch of stuff at work, with the specter of Jury Duty looming over my head, so I may or may not lose (at least) a day that I'm not planning on, as we rush towards the Nobember pre-Quarter end close. (don't get me started...)

But, I'll unwaveringly tell you this, I am not a wolf.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 10:22:53

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I wouldn't be OPPOSED to Griffy. but let me ask you... why are "No votes" given the same weight as "bad votes"? Griffy's on the same level as Hellheart because he's missed votes, while we have Hellheart with 3 known bad votes. And claims of being a human bigamist (yesterday) and a vengeful lover (day 1)? I'm guessing next time HH thinks he's in trouble he'll name himself the sociopath.

(( Bad votes are not wolfy votes. Hell as in Ryvvn's case, even wolfy votes are not always wolfy votes when PM's can fly freely. It would be different if I had "protected" rekard by voting for the other bandwagon, or if I hadn't practically hard-defended rekard (as an analyst not a human) on Day 2, but I went out of my way to find a viable third bandwagon and I made myself very visible pushing it forward.

I've freely offered my reads and my opinions, and a lot of them have been wrong but honestly that's how they will always be if I'm a villager because I don't know what people are. I will freely admit to pushing several people that don't look like wolves, but I backed off of both MEM and Ryvvn when I felt like I was on the wrong track.

I claimed Bigamist OR Attached Vengeful Lover on Day 1, as both will kill more than two people; I had to leave the Vengeful Lover option open because the uncertainty might keep the big red Vengeful Wolf target off of my back. That got pruned to Bigamist yesterday, something I needed to do if rekard had a Vengeful Human that he'd been pushing to pop me or that decided to go rogue and choose the most likely wolf.

I am willing to sacrifice myself to the Scorned Lover at some point in this game if it comes down to that or getting lynched, in order to save my two lovers who I believe are both human. ))

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 20 Nov 2013, 10:27:22

Other than voting history, I feel like there are some good reasons to be putting some pressure on Hellheart. He's establishing a persona in the game, one that lets him set up distractions. I'm concerned about that.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 10:30:12

Omega wrote:Sorry Hellheart, I missed that question.

Given the choice between the two of them? I think rekard is better analytically (when human) than DOM. That's not to say DOM isn't good, he's great, but, it was a choice between the two of them.

I'll admit, I've been phoning it in this game, I've been tied up with a bunch of stuff at work, with the specter of Jury Duty looming over my head, so I may or may not lose (at least) a day that I'm not planning on, as we rush towards the Nobember pre-Quarter end close. (don't get me started...)

But, I'll unwaveringly tell you this, I am not a wolf.

(( This matches my thought process and feels human. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 10:33:47

stigmata wrote:Other than voting history, I feel like there are some good reasons to be putting some pressure on Hellheart. He's establishing a persona in the game, one that lets him set up distractions. I'm concerned about that.

(( See my explanation above your post.

Are you REALLY okay with lynching a Bigamist? Seriously? I mean, you know that somebody could actually have counterclaimed me as the only remaining Bigamist with two lovers without exposing themselves to the Scorned Lover, right? ))

Mortus
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mortus » 20 Nov 2013, 10:37:20

((My fault for not voting yesterday. Got quite distracted at work.))

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 20 Nov 2013, 11:22:53

*crickets*

I feel like this is the calm before the storm. The question is though... which way are the winds going to to blow?
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Wasabi » 20 Nov 2013, 11:54:14

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I wanted to get this out there. Rekard PM'd me before his death. I didn't get around to responding to PMs before the EOD cutoff, so he never got a reply from me. Here's what he sent, make of it what you will:

rekard wrote:What are your thiughts in this situation?

ICB seems to be a very weird one, with Zark's claims being suspect. I do not like someone just doing accusations out of the blue.

Hellheart seems humanish but too aggressive. I don't know if it just arrogance or sttubborness. Or his lover could be vengeful and he's trying to set himself up.

Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Wasabi » 20 Nov 2013, 12:09:08

Hellheart wrote:Are you REALLY okay with lynching a Bigamist? Seriously? I mean, you know that somebody could actually have counterclaimed me as the only remaining Bigamist with two lovers without exposing themselves to the Scorned Lover, right? ))

Am I missing something? What matters here is lynching wolves, right? And if a wolf happens to be a bigamist, well, that's a time bomb that MUST go off eventually. We can't win without lynching him, and preferably while we still have enough "fodder" remaining to afford the loss of up to two humans. It sucks if that's the case, but there's no avoiding it, right?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 20 Nov 2013, 12:43:27

Clever day title from CAD there... and here I thought I might get to vote for someone other than Hellheart today.

My thinking is that even if he's the Bigamist, as he claims, that he started with one wolf lover and one human lover, and if Okaros was his human and is already dead, that means dead Wolf Bigamist Hellheart actually kills two wolves, hence the sudden late push on wolf rekard last night to save wolf Hellheart.

And I know Hellheart tried to claim still being the two lover Bigamist, to strike fear into the Goodhearts of the villagers who might lose three humans should he die, but having been a part of the massive Okaros wagon does not add any credibility to this claim, in fact it provides additional cover for a wolf bigamist with only his wolf lover left (Okaros was toast that day regardless of HH being on him). There's also the fact that Visigoth died a lone lover, meaning both Bigamists could be at one lover, which is why no one can counterclaim Hellheart's "still two lovers living" claim.

Unless I'm missing something somewhere...?

Oh, and I also still distrust Griffy and Rave (and Omega as well, but more for the reasons other people have said than my own bad feelings).

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 20 Nov 2013, 12:56:17

It's my understanding that
1) a bigamist cannot live alone.
2) DOM was Neckless's backup lover
3) Visi was Neckless's primary lover.

I suppose that neckless could have been a bigamist's lover, but that's quite a chain, and I'm not prepared to say that Rnd() would have gone quite that far.

Ryvvn, I'm really sorry that you still distrust me. What can I do to assuage your fears? Shall I die for you? Would that make you happy? A world without me? I'd give you my heart on a plate, but I've already given it to something else...

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 20 Nov 2013, 12:58:26

Ryvvn, DOM was the backup lover, and he claimed Visigoth's lover, Necklessone.

There is one wounded, and one whole bigamist left. And a sociopath.

Quotes:

Subject: Day 2 - A kiss is not a contract

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Love is cruel, and fate even more so. To be gifted my love after only one day, and then to be forced apart by death the next - not even one full night together, not for us. This, this is pain. I must hasten to write what I can of it. What is posterity, after all, but that which survives beyond us.

Okaros, I have nothing against you as such (your teeth might be a touch white for my taste), but I must defend myself - as you must as well, I can only presume.

((I was the Backup Lover until Visigoth passed - pure, blind luck led me to take on his lover for myself.

I personally would be looking pretty closely at who's trying to get rid of the analytic types. With no maul, the wolves have *only* the vote in order to kill, and they're going to be voting for the people that can find those patterns. Be careful of that going forward - the only people threatened today were people known for fairly strong analysis.))

And CAD's role reveal:

Subject: Day 3 - His lover's die Time after Time

Clearasday wrote:DastardlyOldMan was lynched. He was the Backup Lover.
Necklessone died of a broken heart. He DastardlyOldMan's Lover.

pre-post-edit scooped by the RBomb. D'oh.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 20 Nov 2013, 12:58:53

4 hours to go and not many votes yet...

Hellheart - 2 - stigmata, Ryvvn
FurinMurado - 1 - Mister E. Meat
Omega - 1 - FurinMurado

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 20 Nov 2013, 13:01:13

RaveBomb wrote:I suppose that neckless could have been a bigamist's lover, but that's quite a chain, and I'm not prepared to say that Rnd() would have gone quite that far.

That's not actually possible. If necklessone was a bigamist's lover, that person would have been Visigoth, which would have killed his other, non-backup-saved lover.

It's all kind of besides the point, though.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 20 Nov 2013, 13:02:23

rrrriiiiiggggghhhhhhtttttt...

*backs away slowly*

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 13:21:00

(( Yes, you do have to kill the Bigamist eventually. But you don't have to kill the Bigamist before one of his other lovers dies, and you certainly don't have to kill a Bigamist who's willing to sacrifice himself to the Scorned Lover rather than letting his human lovers die. But I don't like people pushing me to take that option too early because people know that I'm useful from an analysis standpoint, and the wolves know that I'm a human so they would try to push me into freaking out and making a rash decision.

Why don't we focus on somebody who's been quiet and behind the scenes, or somebody who's been vocal but not useful for analysis?

At any point, all I have to do is post the name of one of my lovers in big bold letters and I'll die that night. Don't waste a lynch killing several humans if your "wolf" is willing to sacrifice himself eventually.

I suspect I'll do so if directed to by the Big Hidden Human Alliance that's holding back their votes while they discuss things via PM's. They, at least, would give me a chance to do it before they waste 3 humans for no good reason. ))

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 20 Nov 2013, 13:33:53

Who do you suggest? Admetus? Omega? Zark? Someone else?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 13:39:33

(( Why has RETRACTED was Zark dropped off of everyone's radar? His confession is what made ICB a viable bandwagon to begin with. I would at least want him to be under a little bit of pressure.

Admetus is off the table for awhile, I work very well with him in the mornings once there's enough data to sort through. I think Omega has defended himself reasonably well today, and I think Ryvvn has seemed much more human in the past two days. Griffypoo is pretty much as likely to be a wolf as random chance would dictate.

There are players that have been quieter than I would like: Rictus, FurinMirado, Dferrantino (I don't even remember him posting). Stigmata has been tunneling on me the entire game and I'm not sure whether that's normal, but it bothers the hell out of me. He usually votes for me once and forgets about me. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 20 Nov 2013, 16:52:49, edited 1 time in total.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 20 Nov 2013, 13:41:44

Ryvvn wrote:Okaros was toast that day regardless of HH being on him

Oh, I missed this part of your post on the first read. I would actually say that Hellheart killed Okaros by jumping on him after baiting him with some kind of PM thing. Okaros went from nobody to lynched entirely on Hellheart's pressure.

I'm not saying that damns Hellheart, good people have made bad calls before and will continue to, but it is worth remembering. Especially since Hellheart of the past would have really beaten up Hellheart of the present over that, like he beat people up over your wolf-lead lynch a few games back, Ryvvn. I think he seems aware of that and somewhat humbled, but I'll be watching any future Hellheart Inquisition targets carefully.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 13:44:33

(( I didn't bait Okaros with any PM thing - I saw a badly-timed vote and pushed him on it, and he gave a reason that made no sense based on the vote. Come on Admetus, you're better than that, you can take 10 minutes to re-read the day and refresh your mind on how that went down.

I just don't feel confident in pushing anyone anymore because I'm almost certain that the people I feel are too quiet or that are acting wolfy could just be focusing on PM's rather than posting in the thread.

You can toss any name at me, though, and I'll look into it and tell you what I think. That offer is available for anyone at any time, via PM's (hah!) or in the thread. ))

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 20 Nov 2013, 13:46:46

Hellheart wrote:Why has Zark dropped off of everyone's radar? His confession is what made ICB a viable bandwagon to begin with. I would at least want him to be under a little bit of pressure.

I'm watching Zark, but it's entirely possible we've seen the end of the ICB/Zark/rekard story. I'm waiting for ICB to confirm that twdog was the one that contacted him, though. If not, we have loose ends.

I haven't ruled out a sacrifice play, though. There was some heavy pushing on getting rekard killed early, it may have been intended to go down something like that.

Hellheart wrote:Admetus is off the table for awhile, I work very well with him in the mornings once there's enough data to sort through.

The fact that I haven't gotten a single vote yet is somewhat unsettling. It makes me feel like I may be under protection for having a wolf lover. But probably it's just that hunting other targets hasn't left room. Gift horse, I have now looked you in the mouth.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 13:52:26

Admetus wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Why has Zark dropped off of everyone's radar? His confession is what made ICB a viable bandwagon to begin with. I would at least want him to be under a little bit of pressure.

I'm watching Zark, but it's entirely possible we've seen the end of the ICB/Zark/rekard story. I'm waiting for ICB to confirm that twdog was the one that contacted him, though. If not, we have loose ends.

I haven't ruled out a sacrifice play, though. There was some heavy pushing on getting rekard killed early, it may have been intended to go down something like that.

(( I actually think rekard may have been the victim of a wolf lovers-win ploy. I doubt that twdog decided to sacrifice himself to kill a wolf this early, but I could see a wolf leaking his name out somewhere, knowing it'd eventually make the circuit and kill him.

The terrifying thing about the lovers' mechanic and the lynch is that it may be very, very hard to figure out who's a human and who's a Visigoth when it gets near the end.

That's one reason why I would prefer to be there around the end (not AT the end, but at least alive for several more days), as my sacrifice should create a confirmed human team unless you truly believe that one of my lovers has been snowing me. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 20 Nov 2013, 13:57:24

Okay so straightening out my thinking (forgot about the whole backup lover thing):
  • Visigoth and neckless were original lovers
  • Visigoth dies a lone lover EoD1 because...
  • DOM was neckless' backup and steps in to save him
  • DOM gets lynched EoD2 along with neckless
    (roles are cleared at this point)
  • Okaros dies a lone lover EoD3, making him the lover of a bigamist
  • Hellheart claims bigamist with two living lovers
  • Wolf rekard and Human twdog are star-crossed lovers
    (a role has been claimed but not verified)

This leaves us with:
  • 2 Bigamists
    (1 two living lovers, 1 one living lover)
  • 2 Vengeful Lovers
  • 1 Scorned Lover
  • 0 Backup Lovers
    &
  • 14 Humans
  • 4 Wolves

Correct?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 13:58:50

Ryvvn wrote:This leaves us with:
  • 2 Bigamists
    (1 two living lovers, 1 one living lover)
  • 2 Vengeful Lovers
  • 1 Scorned Lover
  • 0 Backup Lovers
    &
  • 14 Humans
  • 4 Wolves

Correct?

(( 13 humans, 4 wolves, 1 neutral. Otherwise, yes you are correct. ))

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 20 Nov 2013, 13:59:32

Clearasday said that rekard and twdog were lovers, with one being wolf and one human. I'm confused by your confusion.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic

Postby RaveBomb » 20 Nov 2013, 14:00:10

Hellheart wrote:(( 13 humans, 4 wolves, 1 neutral. Otherwise, yes you are correct. ))

I think Ryvvn has it right. The Scorened Lover would be Human.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 14:03:28

Clearasday wrote:You are the Scorned Lover. Once every day, you can privately message me with the names of two players. If those players are lovers, they will die that night. If you kill the Bigamist and one of his lovers while his other lover is still alive, his two lovers shall instead become lovers with each other. You win a personal victory and leave the game if you successfully use this ability two times. You lose if either team achieves a victory before this occurs. Your Victory does not end the game for the other players.

You care not for Humans or Wolves.

(( Bold is mine for emphasis.

EDIT: I invented this role, I know how it works. Don't pretend you know more about my role than I do. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 20 Nov 2013, 14:04:46, edited 1 time in total.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 20 Nov 2013, 14:04:15

Hellheart wrote:I didn't bait Okaros with any PM thing - I saw a badly-timed vote and pushed him on it, and he gave a reason that made no sense based on the vote. Come on Admetus, you're better than that, you can take 10 minutes to re-read the day and refresh your mind on how that went down.

Hm, I think I may be confusing things that happened in the thread with things that happened in PMs. Here is a clip from a PM from after I had left on Sunday. The whole thing with Okaros in danger happened while I wasn't around, so I read it all in a lump.

Okaros wrote:HH handed me an opportunity to attract a small amount of lynch threat but not, I think, an overwhelming amount. Hoping this will serve to keep me off the lynch radar for while.

I read that as indication of a PM interaction between you two. If there was no such thing and he meant a day thread interaction, I guess that would explain why he wouldn't respond to my requests for details on your PM.

Regardless! In your own words that day, when you have two wagons at 4 votes each,
Hellheart wrote:At this point, it takes incredible effort - like my pushing Okaros as a wolf - to bring any other player anywhere close to those wagons.

So, I mean, at least we both agree your involvement wasn't an afterthought or a jump on board a sinking wolf.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 14:06:33

Admetus wrote:
Hellheart wrote:At this point, it takes incredible effort - like my pushing Okaros as a wolf - to bring any other player anywhere close to those wagons.

So, I mean, at least we both agree your involvement wasn't an afterthought or a jump on board a sinking wolf.

(( Oh God no. I looked at the wagons of DOM and rekard, two analytical players that had done nothing that I would consider to be wolfy, and I said "fuck that" and I went to find a wolf to push instead. He ended up not being a wolf, but my wagon was the only one that actually had a wolf case attached to it and I was proud of that fact.

Okaros was my fault. Entirely my fault.

I did talk with him via PM's on Day 3, pretty much imploring him to prove his humanity if he were human by finding another wolf candidate. He refused to do so, but he also staunchly refused to push ICB when he probably could've used that as a lifeline. I'd like to think that meant something. ))

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 20 Nov 2013, 14:19:33

Admetus wrote:

I'm watching Zark too. It's not very interesting

Yeah, Rekard making a day 1/2 suicide pact to get his team to the end game remains a possibility, however (and this is said with love), Rekard is a hell of a player, but for a serious analyst/player to lay down such a plan so very early and trust in it's execution is simply a higher level than we've historically seen from this group. It likewise requires an overabundance of high end players on the Wolf team beyond Rekard.

That would mean looking at Hellhart

There's others, but yes, that name comes to mind. I have no reason to cast such a vote, as I don't have anything to back it up other than "well maybe he is", which would deprive us of analysis if wrong.

I will say that ICB's story (as weird as it sounded) gave us wolf-Rekard ~very~ early in the game. Given he could have made such a play on day 4/5 rather than day 1/2 (when the lupine-afflicted would have a better handle on endgame numbers) I find for this whole sordid affair to have been a wolf sacrifice play even harder to believe than ICB's version of events.

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 14:25:27

(( If the human alliance falls upon me under some misguided notion that it's better to lynch me now and sacrifice two humans than wait a few days, they're going to look awfully stupid when CAD reveals that they just killed 3 humans out of impatience.

EDIT: Hell, if I'm a wolf, the correct move for the Human Alliance is to ask me for my read on every player in the game, multiple times for some players, over a few days and THEN kill me. There's no way I could do that as a wolf without giving away virtually the whole game. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 15:09:59

I don't like how this new stable in the Human Alliance is being so secretive yeah it seems so quiet and serene right now but you have no idea what's bubbling on the surface it's like the Madness yeah you don't know when it's going to bubble up or where it's going to go but you know that by the end of the day somebody's gonna get hurt bad yeah real bad.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 15:18:15

I'm going to pass the time by talking about how Hulk Hogan is a coward for not participating in the Wolf Wrestling Federation yeah I hoped that grandstanding lustful fraud had died in the explosion and I checked to be sure oh yeah because I have a score to settle with Hulk Hogan yeah a grudge that can only be satisfied with his total and complete annihilation oh yeah but as I was sorting through the wreckage I came to realize that the body of Hulk Hogan was nowhere to be seen yeah he must have been outside the arena waiting to make his GRAND ENTRANCE so he could get his grandstanding in and make sure that all of his little Hulkamaniacs believed in his lies yeah.

So I was hoping that Hulk Hogan would show his face in this game but apparently the stakes are too high for him yeah he can't bear the thought of dying at the hands of the Macho Man and so he skulked away into the night like the rat he really is.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 15:39:31

Everything I've done in the Wolf Wrestling Federation I've done to protect Elizabeth yeah and Elizabeth too oh yeah I had no idea she had a twin sister and their personalities are completely different but I'm glad they're both supporting me yeah I just hope that the other wrestlers realize how important it is to me for Elizabeth and Elizabeth to go on should I die. I'd like to think that the bonds of family are as strong as the bonds of love because the chain is only as strong as its weakest link yeah and I'm starting to think that I may be the weakest link and I'm going to go down fighting but the Ultimate Warrior said something to me yesterday yeah something about chains being made of steel so that even after a link is removed they could be reforged into a stronger chain.

Now I have no idea what that means yeah and to be honest I'm not sure if the Warrior knows what that means either but it gives me hope yeah that Elizabeth and Elizabeth could conceivably exit the Wolf Wrestling Federation victorious if the GIANT UNCARING FIST of the Secret Order of the Shaolin Monks of the Human Alliance comes crashing down on me yeah.
Last edited by Hellheart on 20 Nov 2013, 15:42:04, edited 1 time in total.

Griffypoo
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby Griffypoo » 20 Nov 2013, 15:42:00

There's been a lot of CONFUSING THINGS going on these past few daaaaays with THE MACHO MAN acting SUSPICIOUS and thrashing around left and right, left and right LIKE A CAGED ANIMAL which is enough to make ANY NON-HAIRY BIPED THINK HE'S DOING DIRTY FOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WOLFING

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrJUST THE THOUGHT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL WITH TRAITOR KILLING FURY BECAUSE HE KNOWS the Wolf Wrestling Federation needs every WARRIOR IT CAN GET ITS HANDS ON

*pant*

But then, there's this thought just FLOATING AROUND that someone's PULLING STRINGS BEHIND THE SCENES and that a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WOLFING SACRIFICE COULD GIVE THEM MORE LEVERAGE IN THE LONG RUN THAN THAT LONE WOLF WRESTLER EVER COULD HAVE and you've got to wonder just which one might be right, just which one's gonna get you taken out in the long run AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE THE PIECES FALL ON THE CHESS BOARD TO MAKE

YOUR

MOVE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHH

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 15:44:00

Griffypoo wrote:There's been a lot of CONFUSING THINGS going on these past few daaaaays with THE MACHO MAN acting SUSPICIOUS and thrashing around left and right, left and right LIKE A CAGED ANIMAL which is enough to make ANY NON-HAIRY BIPED THINK HE'S DOING DIRTY FOR WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WOLFING

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrJUST THE THOUGHT MAKES MY BLOOD BOIL WITH TRAITOR KILLING FURY BECAUSE HE KNOWS the Wolf Wrestling Federation needs every WARRIOR IT CAN GET ITS HANDS ON

*pant*

But then, there's this thought just FLOATING AROUND that someone's PULLING STRINGS BEHIND THE SCENES and that a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP WOLFING SACRIFICE COULD GIVE THEM MORE LEVERAGE IN THE LONG RUN THAN THAT LONE WOLF WRESTLER EVER COULD HAVE and you've got to wonder just which one might be right, just which one's gonna get you taken out in the long run AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW WHERE THE PIECES FALL ON THE CHESS BOARD TO MAKE

YOUR

MOVE

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHH

It would be easier to play chess against you Warrior if you didn't smash the chess board in half after you moved a piece yeah I'm just saying it gets a little expensive and boring but then again chess is boring yeah there's a lot of finesse with no style and I've never been good with finesse and that's why I've been such a force in the Wolf Wrestling Federation it has nothing to dooooo with whether or not I'm a member of the Human Alliance because the Macho Man has always faced his problems head on yeah I never turn my back to an enemy yeah I just keep coming until he's down and then I find a new enemy because the Madness never quits.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 15:47:57

(( Man, I need to do this every time there's a lull. We just need a third wrestler because Griffypoo isn't on very often ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 20 Nov 2013, 15:51:18

I hear the chanting of the Secret Order of the Shaolin Monks of the Human Alliance yeah their numbers are swelling they're gathering together yeah and it feels like they're going to make their decision soon.

(( Based solely on the number of Hidden people online. ))

Return to “All Smiles and Laughter”