Day 9 - Romeo and Juliet and Romeo and Juliet

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 9 - Romeo and Juliet and Romeo and Juliet

Postby Clearasday » 24 Nov 2013, 18:08:12

Meta4 was hauled to the front of the stage. The contestants had now turned on each other. Desperate to find and kill the wolves, they had taken to completing the job before the Host even gave prompting. No more did the many care for the love of the few. It was murdering hour.

Meta4 rolled around in the trap that had been set for him. FurinMirado was the contestant that had agreed to bring him to justice. But as Furin stood over the cowering Meta4 with the Trident that symbolised Trident Friday, everyone realised their mistake. Earlier that day, Furin had claimed that Meta4 was his lover, throwing his words out in defiance and daring anyone to take his true love from him. His words had little effect at the time. True, a former-statesman such as Furin had bargaining power, but this was an angry mob he was talking to, and Meta4 had been seen preening himself once or twice, a notoriously wolflike habit. The contestants had ignored Furin's claims of love, and dismissed them in a heartbeat. But then the fickle mob had forgotten them entirely, and soon they had agreed to send Furin to despatch the doomed Meta4. It was at this moment, when Furin speedily slashed Meta4's bonds with the Trident, that the rest of the contestants realised their mistake. Firstly, Furin had not been lying. And secondly, they had been entirely correct in their lynch. Before their eyes, Meta4 transformed into a Werewolf.

Except that Furin had not been expecting this. He began to backpedal away from his now staggeringly tall Lover.

"Let's blow this place to hell Furin. With you on our side we'll have enough power to maul everyone. Come loverboy."
"One... One question. How did this not come up in conversation? How did.. How are you... I THOUGHT WE SAID NO MORE LIES META4"
"I didn't know how you'd react. I'm sorry. But quickly, turn and help me save us."
"Stay back Beast" Furin yelled, brandishing the Trident at the looming Werewolf, torn between embracing and attacking it.

But Admetus was not about to let a wolf live to threaten anyone else. With a cry he charged at the Werewolf as Furin's words stunned it, and Meta4 quickly found a silver dagger plunged into his side. Once was enough. The Wolf howled and slashed at Admetus' face, but instead of pursuing the now fallen-attacker, he turned back towards Furin. The Wolf tried to speak but the words turned to blood in his mouth. FurinMirado, overcoming the shock of it all at last, cursed and rushed to Meta4's side. He called for aid. He cried into Meta4's fur. But nothing could bring the wolf back. He was still holding Meta4 when Zark's expertly wielded chair-leg collided with the back of his head.

Meta4 and Furin were dead together. Most had not lifted a hand to help or harm them. But Zark and Admetus had. 7-Zark-7 quickly ran to where Admetus was recovering. They had known that Meta4 had to die. And they had also reached the conclusion that Furin would not allow that to happen. So they had acted. Now they rejoiced as a third figure joined them. Mister E. Meat came to congratulate them.

"That was a fine Hunt. I wish I could have helped you butcher those Lovers."
Zark seemed to take this the wrong way. "What we did here today was not butchery Meaty, but a desperate attempt to save us all from the Werewolves. The death of a love like theirs is not a thing to rejoice over"
But a strange glimmer had appeared in Mr Meat's eyes.
"You two made quite a pair. I've noticed it quite a bit actually. You're always working in... unison." The Trident twirled deftly in his hands.
"It's really nothing, Zark and I are just colleagues. That's all. In fact, I hardly know the guy."
But Admetus fooled no-one. In a flash the Trident had opened Zark's throat.
"Incorrect answer Cassanova. And you only get one life when we're playing by my rules."
The Scorned Mister E. Meat was too fast for the distraught Admetus. The three prongs took the later through the heart in an instant.

Four figures now stood facing MEM, the horror of his actions showing in their faces. He turned to face them as they began to prowl towards him. But all five of them were cut off by the Loudspeaker, and the voice of the Host.
"Bravo Sir Meat, bravo. A most excellently barbaric killing of those two lovers. Frankly I'm sure you had your own reasons for doing it, but I don't care. And neither will television. You've got something that we want. Come, leave this place. A man of your talents and motivation could have so many documentaries and biographies done. You might even make it to channel 1."

The stage-door opens. Liking the sound of the deal, Mister E. Meat strides through, Trident-in-hand, already looking for the next Aphrodite-worshipping-imbeciles to slay.

Meta4 has been lynched. He was a Lover.
FurinMirado has died of a broken heart. He was a Lover.
Autopsies and common sense later revealed that Meta4 was a Werewolf. FurinMirado was unfortunately Human aligned.

Admetus and 7-Zark-7 were murdered. The former a Bigamist, the latter a Lover, there actions speak louder than words, and both were certainly Human aligned.

Mister E. Meat has achieved his personal Victory and left this pitiful game for pastures bloodier. He was the Scorned Lover.

There are four of you left. You may now Lock your votes if you are decided on a lynch. There is one wolf left among you. Find him and all Humans win.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: Day 9 - Romeo and Juliet and Romeo and Juliet

Postby Clearasday » 24 Nov 2013, 18:08:21

Vote Totals

Meta4 - 5 - Ryvvn, Zark, Wasabi, Stigmata, Admetus
Stigmata - 1 - Dferrantino
Admetus -1 - Furin
Ryvvn - 1- Meta4
Wasabi - 1 - MEM

[+] Vote History
Dferrantino votes for stigmata
Ryvvn votes for Meta4
Furin votes for Admetus
Meta4 votes for Ryvvn
Zark votes for Meta4
MEM votes for Meta4
Wasabi votes for Meta4
Stigmata votes for Meta4
MEM votes for Wasabi
Admetus votes for Meta4

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Nov 2013, 18:29:04

So, what's the play here fellas, does everyone adamantly believe it is their own partner who is also human, and so each pair just votes on one from the other and we leave it to the fate of a coinflip?

Or do we all want a human victory? (...well all minus the one remaining fleabag of course)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Nov 2013, 18:41:48

Have to go through and apply the new colors, to previous days, but figured I'd throw this here in case it's useful:

[+] Full Chart w Colors
Day 1 wrote:(6) Visigoth -- DOM, Admetus, Omega, Mortus, Griffy, Hellheart
(4) Hellheart -- neckless, Okaros, twdog, Visigoth
(4) Mister E. Meat -- spheno, Zark, Rave, Ryvvn
(2) DastardlyOldMan -- Furin, rekard
(2) RaveBomb -- Meta4, Wasabi
(1) dferrantino -- ICB
(1) Ryvvn -- MEM
(1) Mortus -- dferr
DID NOT VOTE: Blindsniper, Rictus, Stigmata

Day 2 wrote:(6) DastardlyOldMan -- Furin, Admetus, Meta4, twdog, Omega, Okaros
(6) Okaros -- Hellheart, Wasabi, rekard, Zark, spheno, DOM
(3) rekard -- Stigmata, neckless, Mortus
(1) Rictus -- Rave
(1) twdog -- ICB
(1) Hellheart -- Ryvvn
DID NOT VOTE: Blindsniper, dferr, Griffy, MEM, Rictus

Day 3 wrote:(8) Okaros -- Meta4, dferr, twdog, Ryvvn, Rave, Hellheart, Stigmata, Mortus
(4) Iron Clad Burrito -- Zark, Rictus, MEM, Wasabi, Omega
(2) Mister E. Meat -- Furin, rekard
(1) Ryvvn -- spheno
(1) Stigmata -- Blind
(1) rekard -- ICB
(1) 7-zark-7 -- Admetus
DID NOT VOTE: Griffy, Okaros

Day 4 wrote:(8) rekard -- MEM, dferr, ICB, Zark, Blind, Rave, Omega, spheno
(4) Iron Clad Burrito -- rekard, Admetus, Wasabi, twdog
(3) Hellheart -- Rictus, Stigmata, Ryvvn
(2) Ryvvn -- Hellheart, Furin
(1) FurinMirado -- Griffy
(1) Griffypoo -- Meta4
DID NOT VOTE: Mortus

Day 5 wrote:(5) Omega -- spheno, Admetus, Hellheart, Zark, Furin
(4) FurinMirado -- MEM, Griffy, Rictus, Omega
(3) Hellheart -- Stigmata, Ryvvn, ICB
(1) 7-zark-7 -- Rave
(1) Griffypoo -- Meta4
DID NOT VOTE: Blind, dferr, Mortus, Wasabi

Day 6 wrote:(5) Griffypoo -- Furin, Meta4, Zark, Wasabi, spheno
(5) Meta4 -- Admetus, Hellheart, stigmata, MEM, Griffy
(4) FurinMirado -- ICB, Blind, Ryvvn, Rave
(1) Hellheart -- Mortus
DID NOT VOTE: dferr

Day 7 wrote:(5) Hellheart -- Wasabi, dferr, Ryvvn, stigmata, Furin
(4) Meta4 -- Admetus, MEM, Hellheart, Zark
(1) Ryvvn -- Meta4
DID NOT VOTE: Blind, spheno

Day 8 wrote:(5) Meta4 -- Ryvvn, Zark, Wasabi, stigmata, Admetus
(1) stigmata -- dferr
(1) Admetus -- Furin
(1) Ryvvn -- Meta4
(1) Wasabi -- MEM
DID NOT VOTE:

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Nov 2013, 19:07:46

Okay, now that all the colors are added in above, I'd like to point something out, though I doubt anyone will take this into account today; but if we are playing for a Human win...
Votes Against Ryvvn wrote:
  • Day 1 -- Scorned MEM
  • Day 2 -- None
  • Day 3 -- Wolf spheno
  • Day 4 -- Wolf Lover Hellheart, Wolf Lover Furin
  • Day 5 -- None
  • Day 6 -- None
  • Day 7 -- Wolf Meta4
  • Day 8 -- Wolf Meta4

Ryvvn Voted Against wrote:
  • Day 1 -- Scorned MEM
  • Day 2 -- Wolf Lover Hellheart
  • Day 3 -- Human Okaros
  • Day 4 -- Wolf Lover Hellheart
  • Day 5 -- Wolf Lover Hellheart
  • Day 6 -- Wolf Lover Furin
  • Day 7 -- Wolf Lover Hellheart
  • Day 8 -- Wolf Meta4

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Nov 2013, 19:12:07

And to be clear, though he may or may not choose to tell me and even if so he may or may not lie about, as of this moment I have no idea whether my partner is a wolf or not.

(I feel, and it will probably be revealed once this game is over, that if my lover ends up being the wolf I was probably the only one who hasn't lied about knowing)

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 25 Nov 2013, 03:25:25

Ryvvn has voted about 50/50 good guys and bad guys excluding votes against Hellheart (rule #1: no not voting for Hellheart), and wasabi voted mostly for wolves when it most hurt them in the last couple of days. Of the survivors, I'm not certain about my partner's wolfiness, nor anybody else's. But of you three, I'm most certain that dferrantino is a wolf.

So.

I want a human victory. If either of you other two are willing to vote with me, I'll take it as a show of humanity.

But I'm still convincable.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Nov 2013, 08:42:22

So, first off: the vote on stigmata yesterday was based on the lack of participation going into the endgame. Had no read on anyone but figured if we were getting into the last few days we'd be better off with someone who would be around to participate. Combine that with knowing I wouldn't be around for the entire weekend and it seemed like the most reasonable plan.

Aside from that, I've got a huge problem with the vote analysis in this game. The fact that we're teamed with another person makes it real easy to see patterns that exist because it was your partner's decision and not yours. Definitely not an issue with me and Wasabi (seriously, no need to stick with the "my partner" anymore, it's just the 4 of us) as there were literally 3 PMs exchanged among us this game, but I've noticed that both Ryvvn and stigmata voted together 5 out of the 7 days that they both voted. It's disruptive enough that I don't know what to make of it. Were you two discussing your votes before making them or was it just blind luck?

Additionally, any votes on Hellheart or ICB stick with me as being more wolf-like than not to be totally honest. With Hellheart being a bigamist and Rave being a Vengeful Wolf, they were either a two-fer (HH) or a three-fer (ICB). Then again, there's the whole fact that Hellheart was disruptive in general and attracted a ton of attention. Need to go back through it.

Of the three of you, I'm getting the worst vibes from Ryvvn. I feel like he was the one spearheading the kill-Hellheart mission, and his 4 votes on the guy make it a real convenient place to handwave away. Going to do a quick review of the game and see what I can dig up, though.

Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Wasabi » 25 Nov 2013, 09:09:36

Internet is out @ home, so I'm keeping this short by phone.

I'd love a human win, but don't have a good enough read on Dfer to be sure he can be removed from the running. I know only that I'm human, and that means for me, so long as there's a coin toss that's favorable, there's a guaranteed path to victory voting with dfer on a member of the other team.

For me, there are only two scenarios: Dfer and one of the two of you are wolves, or dfer and I are both human. Dfer has thrown in a vote on Ryvvn, so my only real options are to vote with him, go for the tie and hope fate is kind, or get everyone to dogpile on dfer and gamble it all on a human win that way. It would be glorious, no doubt.

I'm going to mull it over, and pray for the return of my internet service, because vote analysis on the phone is painful.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Nov 2013, 09:42:05

Wasabi wrote:For me, there are only two scenarios: Dfer and one of the two of you are wolves, or dfer and I are both human. Dfer has thrown in a vote on Ryvvn, so my only real options are to vote with him, go for the tie and hope fate is kind, or get everyone to dogpile on dfer and gamble it all on a human win that way. It would be glorious, no doubt.

I think you mean dferr OR one of the two of us are a wolf, since there is only one wolf left. I'm not sure how stigmata is seeing dferr as the more viable wolf candidate, as you've been on my suspicion list since I started looking at pure data, Wasabi; however the only way this can end in not a coin flip is if you have enough doubts on dferr to make the human move and vote on him, which it sounds like stigmata and thus I will follow on to. If you were a wolf there'd be no point in making that vote as that would lose the game for you anyway, so it is only a vote a human would make.

Also, it doesn't look like dferr has thrown a vote on me as of yet, just stating that he thought I looked the most wolfish. I don't know how much you should trust any of his reads though, as he admitted his vote on stigmata yesterday (which I even called out) was for "stigmata's lack of participation" when aside from maybe a few days of multiple posts from dferr, he actually had more missed votes than stigmata, so....

dferrantino wrote:Aside from that, I've got a huge problem with the vote analysis in this game. The fact that we're teamed with another person makes it real easy to see patterns that exist because it was your partner's decision and not yours. Definitely not an issue with me and Wasabi (seriously, no need to stick with the "my partner" anymore, it's just the 4 of us) as there were literally 3 PMs exchanged among us this game, but I've noticed that both Ryvvn and stigmata voted together 5 out of the 7 days that they both voted. It's disruptive enough that I don't know what to make of it. Were you two discussing your votes before making them or was it just blind luck?

I've been in fairly frequent contact with stigmata throughout the course of this game, and although his personal life had prevented him from communicating back and participating as much as he would like, he did his best to reply to me when able and to be sure to place a vote in the thread, the only day he missed was the first day (I don't think you can really call that a lack of participation worse than your own dferr). I'm going to assume, though I have no confirmation of this, that most of our matched votes were based on his belief in my reads and instincts; though I was super worried every time it happened that the Scorned was gonna pick us out... I'm actually surprised that didn't happen. So while it wasn't blind luck, it also wasn't pure teamwork either.

stigmata has declared to me that he is not a wolf, and while I wouldn't take anyone's claim at face value, looking at my own data leads me to believe him; and as I said to Wasabi, my data would lean more towards him as the wolf...

But at this point it's irrelevant which one of you is or isn't, the human member of your team has to decide if you trust your teammate enough (which by your own admitted lack of communication, I don't see why you would) to make the undeniably human move of voting against the other; otherwise it will be a coin flip for our team's human victory over your team's lovers' victory. The one of you who is human has to decide if he wants the guaranteed victory or the chanced one.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Nov 2013, 09:48:17

Sorry, I had originally included a disclaimer that my participation was the worst of everyone's here, but looks like I deleted it before posting.

So yeah. Just an explanation of why I made the vote I did yesterday. The reasoning behind it means absolutely nothing today, as it's the last day for all of us regardless.

Wasabi
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Wasabi » 25 Nov 2013, 11:54:06

Gahhhhhhh!

Ryvvn, you have no idea how close I've come to voting on Dferrantino after your argument. I've been using your charts heavily, looking at every vote, even the timing, and who was under threat.

Dferrantino's record is really hard to grasp, with all the missing votes.

I guess, if I'm going to be snowed, I'd rather that it be from a lack of information, rather than from a wolf con job. May the dead thread have mercy on me if I'm misguided in this.

SphenodontStigmata: Do you share as much confidence in Ryvvn as he has in you?

edit: You people all look the same to me. :oops:

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Nov 2013, 12:43:05

Okay, I've spent my lunch break and then some going back over the game. There's unfortunately not much to go on regarding stigmata or Wasabi...they've basically been in the same boat as me all game: unavailable and non-participatory.

On the other hand, Ryvvn, you seem to have done everything in your power to control the conversation up until this point. You've put up at least 3 different versions of these charts, all of which tell us absolutely nothing. All of our vote records to this point have been pretty much the same. Up until last night, mine was actually better than yours. And now you're sitting here trying to put me and Wasabi up against each other, specifically playing off of the fact that we've not been sharing any information with each other. At this point, it wouldn't take much to convince me that you got MEM to off Zark and Admetus, simply because they'd argue the loudest were you to get to this point.

There's a damn good reason I haven't said anything but Hi to Wasabi up until last night, and it's because there's literally nothing the two of us could have said to each other that shouldn't have been communicated in-thread. If he's a wolf, I'd have been giving them private information. If he's human, there's no point in keeping the information to ourselves rather than bouncing it off of the rest of the thread. It's this fact--and the fact that he, likewise, never tried to push me or solicit information from me--that has me convinced of Wasabi's humanity.

Ryvvn (locked), I'm sure you've got plenty of "data" that shows stigmata's a human. stigmata, can you say the same about your furry friend?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Nov 2013, 14:51:46

Wasabi, if that last "argument" by dferr doesn't change your mind, nothing else I can say will; even here at the very end his weak arguments are revealing his total lack of attention (or even care for that matter) for anything that's happened all game... I may not know who is a wolf, but if it is dferr his entire participation this game can be easily regarded as having taken quick play advice from the wolf threads and he's now scrambling to make a last ditch case for himself as the sole surviving wolf.

dferrantino (locked)

stigmata
ass triaging people

Postby stigmata » 25 Nov 2013, 14:58:10

This is the second time I've posted this, Chrome crashed on my iPad and lost it all.

Wasabi: I've been trying to read Ryvvn all game. He's PMed me a couple of times a day, even when I've been busy, and did a pretty good job of arguing for the wolf and wolf-lover votes we ended up selecting. I was actually stressing a whole bunch about voting with him because I didn't want it to get called too early, but nobody ever seemed to and in the end it didn't matter. I don't really attribute any of this to much more than that I'm a timid little creature who's been busy IRL, and he's been paying attention.

I don't read much wolfiness in him. He's been voting fairly consistently in a human way, without much to make me suspect anything at all.

As for dferrantino, I accept what he said about inactivity before, and that kind of thing happens - I've been extremely busy IRL (exams and now ambulance placement), too. That said, wasabi's done an OK job of voting against wolves and their lovers during the game, but I just don't have enough information to feel safe about dferrantino. Wasabi, this is your chance to tell us exactly how you've read him.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Nov 2013, 16:42:20

Well only 20 mins left, this is my last chance to convince Wasabi (unless he's actually the one who is the wolf); but if not, consider this, I actually have never lied about a role claim thus far in my playing here with all of you. Even the one time I was a wolf, I simply never claimed to be human so as to not have to lie about it. This game, I have claimed to be human, and I haven't even built up the level of trust I'd want in my role claims to warrant the single time use I would be able to be a wolf and lie about it; I certainly would not have blown that this game.

My only consolation here is that, even if you don't change your vote, my honesty will still +1 regardless.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Nov 2013, 17:00:13

Whatever happens next, I love you all...

(well, all except for that one guy)

;)

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 25 Nov 2013, 17:00:29

This game is over. Prepare yourselves for breakdown.

Return to “All Smiles and Laughter”