day 5 - left behind

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire
TWG 1 Posts: 0

day 5 - left behind

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 01:33:36

ICB collapsed from the gunshot, and everyone looked around in horror ... who do we send now?! Just then ICB got back up, and then they screamed in horror! A zombie!

"No, wait! I'm not a zombie! I'm not dead!"

"I've got amazing strength!"

Suddenly, everyone laughed ... how does "Amazing Strength" let you survive a gunshot wound. He tried to explain it wasn't like that, it was just a stupid name, but nobody believed him. Plus there was that whole, you know, claiming alpha wolf thing. That was also a bit hard to explain way.

----

Early in the night, a ship was seen in the sky, circling the area and destroying any zombies that emerged. People kept waving their arms, screaming and waving torches to attract its attention, but it ignored them. Much later, another signal flashed out near the north debris field, and the ship quickly descended

On round 12, as the ship landed Wasabi and Okaros ran out to meet it, and the Martian Canal Priests on board threw down a rope. Okaros hesitated, and looked at wasabi a bit apprehensively "you said there'd be booze, right?" ... "of course, your holiness" ... "is it the good stuff?" .... "please, your holiness, we must hurry" ... okaros still hesitated a bit, did he really want to get on this ship full of Martians, never to return to Earth? Just then the deck crew fired on another zombie, and okaros decided that yes, yes, he would get on that ship.

"I just hope they have the good stuff"

Wasabi wasn't quite sure what his spiritual leader meant by the "good stuff", but he would make sure he got it ... a lot of it.

----

That was the last any of the passengers of the Birkenhead ever saw of wasabi or okaros, but it wasn't the last they ever heard of them. Viewed as a God-Emperor by the Martians, he went on to conquer much of Mars and usher in a new golden age of refinement and scientific advance for the Martians. His rule was finally ended, decades later, when he was tragically assassinated by shirtless white-haired man raving about copyright infringement.

Wasabi went on to become the first droid Archibishop of the Canals,and Voice of the Emperor. Eventually, he was ousted in a scandal involving three astromechs, a steam boiler, and twenty-seven tons of high-grade opiates.

---

7-zark-7 had been cornered by his enemies. He would have defeated them, but unfortunately this is "The Wolf Game: Special Edition" and he didn't shoot first.

---

icb,wolf,vig'd & lynched
okaros, unaligned (former wolf), escaped
wasabi, unaligned (former human), escaped
7-zark-7, human, mauled

---

icb role wrote:You are a Strongman, and quite unfashionable. Don’t you know that the muscular look isn't in this season?

Due to your incredible constitution, any attempt to kill you will fail. However, a second attempt (barring GA) will succeed.

It’s possible that you may gain a better version of this power in the future.

7-zark-7 role wrote:The Pacifist Bodyguard

You would never hurt anyone, but you still try to protect. Every night, you may choose to protect someone from attacks (including mauls) on the following night. Additionally, you will heal anyone you chance upon at night.

okaros role wrote:You are a shootist. A pastor told me your soul is damned to hell, and I believe him, you bloody murderer.

Once per game, you can kill someone. Sadly, you don’t have a gun or ammo. There may be arms on the ship somewhere, although you’re not sure where. Once you have a loaded gun, you can make a daytime kill on someone, or carry it in self defence for the night.

It’s possible that you may gain a better version of this power in the future.

wasabi role wrote:You are the Acolyte of the Canals.

[+] BEGIN GIANT WALL OF BACKSTORY TEXT
The Canal Keepers of Garryan are by far the largest religion on Mars. One of their primary beliefs is that the operation, maintenance, and renovation of the vast Martian canal network is a sacred duty. Their desire to fight (at least some) of the long slow decay and fall of Martian civilization sets them apart from the apathetic majority.

They believe that their High Priest is the reincarnation of their founder, the Emperor Seldon II. Every time the High Priest dies, he reincarnates into a child that was conceived at the moment of the previous High Priest's death. The lesser priests then use astrology to locate this child, and until this child is found, virtually all of their activities are suspended.
Their enemies are the Cult of the Worm, who believe that Mars is doomed, and attempting to slow or stop the fall is heresy. Decades ago, the cult tried to deal the Canal Priests a mortal blow by assassinating the High Priest during a rare moment when it was believed that Seldon could not reincarnate on Mars. It was not long after his death that Humans first visited Mars, and the priests assumed that Seldon must have reincarnated as a non-Martian.
Recently, the priests have located the reincarnated Seldon, and lured him onto this ship to be taken to Mars where he will be sequestered in a temple until his past life memories return.

current situation:
You do not know which of the Earthers is Seldon. You were suppose to meet with your senior priest that was also to be on this ship, and who was to have pointed out the Earthman Seldon to you. However, the senior priest was murdered before the ship left by a Worm Cult agent. Even though you do not know Seldon’s identity, you do know he’s here somewhere. Unfortunately, you know that there must be a cultist here as well.

Your mission is to find Seldon, and protect him through the end of the game. If you find him, you gain a PM power with him. If Seldon dies, your mission changes to killing the Worm Cultist on this ship. Search where you like, but places such as the purser's office, the staterooms, or medical may be useful. It's not impossible he is in steerage either.

Lastly, the humans have no knowledge of any of this, being incredibly ignorant of Martian religions.

You are not aligned with any faction, although you do count as human for the purpose of human vs. wolf parity.

warning: if you lynch a human, the wolves will win
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Re: day 5 - left behind

Postby necklessone » 13 Dec 2013, 03:44:24

Though I haven't done the math, I'm assuming this takes us out of lynch or lose?

Then again, it all depends on when Okaros became unaligned. If he wasn't counting as a wolf at the start of Day 4, we're probably still in the same boat.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Dec 2013, 03:49:26

Well it's nice to know my gut feeling about ICB was right. And Okaros was a Wolf but turned traitor it looks like. Too bad we had to lose Wasabi in that deal. Also we've lost our GA and according to Zark that's because someone did the Freaky Friday to Ryvvn and Zark.

Somehow ICB knew they were body swapped. The only way he could have known that is either Ryvvn is a Wolf or he was in a PM conversation with Ryvvn in which Ryvvn spilled the beans. I'm betting the former. The latter would indicate that a Human Ryvvn decided to trust ICB with the knowledge that the GA was temporarily powerless.

I'm putting in my vote for Ryvvn now. It's going to be another busy day and I can't guarantee I'll be back before EOD. I'll try to keep tabs on my phone in case anything new comes to light and I need to switch my vote. But somehow I doubt it.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 04:55:56

Got a hint in port liftwood array:

The dead will win if the day starts with 3 players or less, regardless of faction. Probably the wolves unearthed that hint, but didn't count on a traitor, since Okaros was probably the gun ICB said they had.
Wasabi probably thought he was human

I think Okaros still counted as a wolf and received the news at the start of day 4. Like Wasabi's case, he was probably unaligned, but still technically a wolf.

Evidence really points to Ryyvn now.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 13 Dec 2013, 05:08:33

Looks like I missed the shenanigans at the end. I had a holiday party at work. And I was all ready to come in here with a "Guys, you'll never guess what I saw last night at the north debris! Wasabi and Okaros left on a martian ship."

Then I read today's thread :'(

At the risk of being mauled, I found a map that might help us get home in the heliograph office.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 13 Dec 2013, 05:10:03

Ryvvn does sound most likely since we know that the PM intercepts couldn't be the reason.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 05:12:42

[+] Messages from Okaros to Wasabi. Wasabi had encrypted PMs.
----- Original Message --------
Subject: Well now...
Date: 12 Dec 2013, 01:39:47
To: twdog, Wasabi

Okaros wrote:
Things are certainly pretty bleak, aren't they? Already at lynch-or-lose without a single wolf kill, yeesh.

On the plus side, it's really nice to know there's someone out there I can trust.

It's tough to know what to share though. With all the temporary PM powers floating around, it's a safe bet that someone out there has the power to listen in. I mean, really, what's the point of throwing PMs around if someone doesn't get to snoop?

(Heading to bed now, so

---

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Well now...
Date: 12 Dec 2013, 06:49:08
To: twdog, Okaros

Wasabi wrote:
encrypted

Date: 12 Dec 2013, 06:51:14

Wasabi wrote:
encrypted

Date: 12 Dec 2013, 10:30:57

Okaros wrote:
I can't do that, I'm not close enough.

Any thoughts on likely wolves from your point of view?

On my end, I'm pretty convinced Ryvvn and most likely ICB are wolves. People just "happen" to vote-switch at the last minute to save Ryvvn and kill a human, multiple times? With no explanation? And the vote manipulations only show up when they'd be needed to save/condemn a human?

rekard's riding just a hair under ICB for me wolfiness-wise for similar reasons. His voting record is pretty awful: Throwaway vote on Admetus on Day 1, throwaway on me on Day 2, and a last-minute, completely unexplained switch to kill stigmata and save Ryvvn. And now he opens the day on me again with the same nonsense arguments, probably trying to bait a bandwagon split ahead of an expected dogpile on his buddy Ryvvn.

Date: 12 Dec 2013, 11:39:57

Wasabi wrote:
encrypted

------- Original Message --------
Date: 12 Dec 2013, 13:09:54

Okaros wrote:
After double-checking routes, I can get to the location, I just can't do anything after arriving. How sure are you about that?

Running some numbers:
If Ryvvn's a cultist, wouldn't he be neither human nor wolf for parity, like Admetus?
If so, we have to have 4 wolves. Before Day 3's lynch we were at 14.
5 wolves + 2 cultists + 7 humans = lynch or lose, we should have gotten a warning.

If it's 4 wolves + 2 cultists + 8 human, then today we're at 4 wolves + 1 cultist + 7 humans? That's not lynch-or-lose.

Which means if Ryvvn's a cultist:

4 wolves + 3 cultists + 7 humans at start of Day 3. Not lynch-or-lose.

4 wolves + 2 cultists + 6 humans at start of Day 4: Lynch-or-lose.

Maybe Ryvvn+ICB or Ryvvn+rekard as currently-living cultists then? Might explain their actions in saving him.

Anything else to share on your power?
Mine is missing one piece. Even if I find it tonight, it's not useable until tomorrow night at the earliest, and I'm not sure how much use it would be for the current lynch-or-lose situation.

--- Original Message --------
Date: 12 Dec 2013, 18:14:26

Okaros wrote:
Ambivalent on the subject currently, leaning towards no. Trying to decide how much to trust rekard's (*waves hello*) move to Ryvvn.

Feels like there should be a table with two glasses of wine on it. Going to do some second-guessing of myself to see if maybe there's something I missing about Ryvvn's or ICB/rekard's actions. This is not a vote we can afford to make a mistake on.

Ask again later?

------------

There other PMs from Wasabi to Okaros, but all encrypted.

Twdog, are we still in the same critical situation as yesterday?

twdog

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 05:53:17

No

If you lynch a human, the game will continue

Sorry, still asleep

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 13 Dec 2013, 05:58:29

Aaaaannnndddd something stopped all my night actions. I don't recall a thing.

Fuckin' brilliant.
If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 06:15:55

We are eight people right now. If there were 3 wolves today would be critical. Since we are not at risk of losing from lynching a human, then this should mean we have 2 wolves left.

Although math is slightly off. What made possible yesterday that we were on critical yesterday and not today?

Either way, we should be still having 2 wolves today if we have allowance for error.

twdog

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 06:19:54

Goddaman it, I'm not even awake

If you lynch a human the wolves win

Also, If twdog is your gm, there's going be problems and confusion

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 06:29:09

Ah ok. So there are 3 wolves left then. Hmm.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Dec 2013, 06:30:16

Ha! It's a trick question. Obviously the answer is "no lynch."

Or "Ryvvn" - who followed me to medical now, too. Sheesh.

Regarding the 3-person remaining clue, that means the dead are around as well? I'm trying to figure out how many factions there are out there: Cult, Priests, Dead, Wolves, Humans, Nickelback Fans. It's getting a bit crowded in here.

twdog

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 06:34:29

the canal priests weren't a "real" faction

it was a private win condition for wasabi and okaros, and if that private win became impossible, because one of them died, then they'd keep going along as their "primary" faction.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Dec 2013, 06:49:43

So 4 humans, 3 wolves, and 1 unaligned is the best guess?

Edit: twdog, feel free to tell me to piss off if this is not answerable. If the wolves reach parity at two players, but the other player is a member of a hypothetical third faction that wins when there are less than three players left, who really wins?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Dec 2013, 07:22:32

Also want to point out that ICB strongly pointed the finger toward Rictus being a wolf yesterday (can't really nab the whole nested-quotes on the locked thread):
ICB, addressing Rictus wrote:You don't have to hide your allegiance anymore. You know I only picked rekard because he had votes on him.

Not sure how much I buy that or don't. ICB thought that he was going to survive and use the Okaros-vig to reach parity (I think), so he didn't have a lot of reason to obfuscate. Then again, WOFL.

twdog

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 07:32:33

necklessone wrote:So 4 humans, 3 wolves, and 1 unaligned is the best guess?

Edit: twdog, feel free to tell me to piss off if this is not answerable. If the wolves reach parity at two players, but the other player is a member of a hypothetical third faction that wins when there are less than three players left, who really wins?

I've been thinking about how I'll answer that .... I think it might be best to say, that scenario is no longer a possibility.

RaveBomb
New Lunar Republic
New Lunar Republic
TWG 1 Posts: 1221
TWG 2 Posts: 812
custom_title: Custom Title Whore

Postby RaveBomb » 13 Dec 2013, 07:36:27

Ryvvn

If our team loses, it's going to be entirely your fault.-rekard
If you still end up losing after this, it's totally not your fault.-Hellheart
RB: I shot the seer didn't I? Omega: Of course you did.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Dec 2013, 08:15:43

Brief vote analysis - for this purpose, I'm treating Wasabi as Human and Okaros as Wolf, but take that with a grain of salt.

On Day 1, the wolves really piled on to save Ryvvn, from what we can tell. Okaros and ICB were both on the opposite wagon (as well as Rictus and necklessone), and rekard's vote was moved there as well. The moved-vote *looks* like a too-obvious ploy aimed at Ryvvn, except that the two known wolves are also on that wagon.

On Day 2, Okaros voted on ICB (as we now know ICB could've survived, that makes a lot more sense). Meanwhile, RaveBomb's the only unknown on a ~sizeable wagon opposite ICB. Wasabi's vote was moved opposite ICB as well.

On Day 3, Okaros was a final vote on Ryvvn and definitely threatened him. No votes were moved to save Ryvvn. ICB & Okaros were split between Ryvvn and Stigmata.

Day 4, pre-ICB reveal:
Okaros - 3 - rekard, DOM, Rictus, MEM, Ryvvn
rekard - 2 - necklessone, 7Z7
Ryvvn - 4 - rekard, Wasabi, Okaros, Rictus

Not sure when the wolves were planning their alpha-burst, but Okaros and Ryvvn were voting on one another before it happened.

My only concern here is that Ryvvn is still a cultist instead of a wolf.

Other things to think about:
We know we have a vote-mover still out there; whether he's not felt the need to move after the first two days, or if he used up his charges on those two days remains to be seen.
The whole duplicate-ICB suggests either a chameleon or a cloner. We could compile a list of people we did see on that night, and see if anyone was missing. Granted, we're at lower numbers now, so our info might not be complete.
I'll also note that necklessone is the only one that confirmed that there was, in fact, a duplicate ICB. While I'm not getting wolfy vibes from necklessone, he could've been covering for ICB's terror-train. I'm personally of the opinion that he's on our side, though.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 13 Dec 2013, 08:27:44

So what's the plan engineering-wise? Are we still going to try to escape? I have a map which I believe may fulfill our need for a navigational aid. Zark told us about the ship thing at the docks. I'm guessing that's not sufficient though?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 09:03:09

DOM on day 3, I was asking people to reveal who they were meeting for that very purpose, but the information people were giving didn't match with someone's absence. Plenty people talked about who they met then. Probably not everything but it's there. I think it might have been a duplicate.

Ryyvn is being increasingly a wolf because well, what need was for ICB to do what he did? If Ryyvn was not a wolf, let him die and they win. twdog clearly indicated we needed to kill a wolf to survive. On top of that I can't shake out the lie Ryyvn sent toward me about following Ravebomb.

If we go simple, we might have another case of backstabbing shameless wolves to buy cred. Like in your Magick game DOM. We could second guess ourselves and it's tough given that we have zero margin for error.

Also, based on what I gathered, at least on day 2, Okaros and Wasabi didn't know of each other. No convo from them that day. Wasabi's role describes they would have permanent communication. Day 3 might be, but that I do not know.

MEM, I think the ship Zark talked about could be good for a hull.

twdog

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 09:15:27

since this came up in a PM, I'd like to offer a clarification regarding last nights zombies.

Zombies were sent into the map last night, however, the ship that picked up wasabi and okaros destroyed them as soon as they appeared. Some players may have found the destroyed zombies. That ship isn't here anymore, so you can expect more zombies tonight.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Dec 2013, 09:27:49

I'm afraid our only chance of "victory" may be the ship:

Day 5 - Lynch Wolf, Maul Human - 6 Players Remain, 2W/4H
Day 6 - Lynch Wolf, Maul Human - 4 PLayers Remain, 1W/3H
Day 7 - Dead Win - with only 4 players left, even if we lynch a Wolf I believe the Dead's victory condition will override the Human victory condition (twdog verify?)

We can buy some time if we can come to a (temporary?) truce with the Wolves. We don't lynch them, they don't maul us? Is that an option twdog? In other words, can people decide "No Lynch"? And are the Wolves allowed to skip the Maul?

Otherwise the clock is ticking. Presumably we have Nights 5 and 6 with everyone leaving at the end of Night 6. From necklessone's post yesterday:

To finish the repairs, we’re still short two things. The first is, I’m sad to say, a new liftwood boat. Just the hull will do, really. We can fix the existing boiler and screw but our vessel is no longer airworthy. We’ll also need some sort of navigational aids: charts, compasses, aero-sextant, any of that. If we can gather these, plus some of the things I’ve found, we can attempt to fly out of there.

We found the liftwood to fashion a hull. Somebody found some charts. If the boiler and screw are operating then we just need to pull all the parts together, correct?

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 09:39:01

The hint says 3 players or less at the start of the day. If the wolves are lynched during the next three days, the humans should win before the dead. Basically, I think that if the endgame reduces itself to day 7 of your scenario, and humans lynch a wolf, humans should win since game would end on the moment of the lynch. Wolves would lose all hope of winning if we reach day 7.

If we were an odd number of players the ship would be the last hope yes. But being even gives hope.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 09:41:51

And yeah, if the parts are there we should join to make the ship. That alternative is pretty good.

How much more time would we need to make the ship? That's the question.

twdog

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 09:42:50

FurinMirado wrote:We can buy some time if we can come to a (temporary?) truce with the Wolves. We don't lynch them, they don't maul us? Is that an option twdog? In other words, can people decide "No Lynch"? And are the Wolves allowed to skip the Maul?

I'm not sure about this, one the one hand if the humans\wolves are serious about a joint victory, then narratively I can see this. On the other hand, the rules typically require maul\lynch.

---

Tell you what, here's what I'm willing to offer. Players can PM me to vote yea\nay to a truce option. If 3/4 players agree, I'll allow it. If at EOD "no lynch" is the pick, then the wolves can't maul. Obviously you could still lynch someone, and thus enable a wolf maul.

However to balance this out, if the players agree to allow that option, I'm going to give the dead a serious power buff.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Dec 2013, 09:51:14

rekard wrote:The hint says 3 players or less at the start of the day. If the wolves are lynched during the next three days, the humans should win before the dead. Basically, I think that if the endgame reduces itself to day 7 of your scenario, and humans lynch a wolf, humans should win since game would end on the moment of the lynch. Wolves would lose all hope of winning if we reach day 7.

If we were an odd number of players the ship would be the last hope yes. But being even gives hope.

Well that's what I get for skimming your post. Good then, if we can lynch a Wolf every day we can still win this outright.

Then I guess my next question is: Do we even need a ship?

We either lynch a Wolf, and continue on, or lynch a Human and lose. I don't see any way for the Dead to win unless a lynch or a maul doesn't happen on one of these Days.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Dec 2013, 09:54:17

The no lynch / no maul option has always been based on a very loose 'trust' - I would definitely NOT be in favor of mandating no-maul just because we decide to no-lynch. All we really need to know is if they're valid options (and in a majority of our games, they are valid options - sometimes "no-maul" is the right option to leave the final day at 4 players instead of 3, etc. - but in select games, they have *not* been options because they screw with the balance, which seems to be the case here).

All that said, if the balance of the game requires that we lynch & maul, then I would specifically just tell us that they aren't options. This game's a bit of a stretch with 2 dropouts and 2 wogs anyhow (Lynch or Lose on Day 4 with this many players indicates to me that losing four humans hurt the balance regardless). I would rather not have no-lynch options then deal with new uknown powers that haven't been in-effect the whole game. The information-disparity which defines the game widens as new pieces are introduced.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Dec 2013, 09:56:01

Kind of waiting to hear back from necklessone on more details before we chase down the ship angle, but it definitely seems like a more-attainable plan than getting perfect-lynch results for the next few days.

twdog

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 09:59:20

DastardlyOldMan wrote:The no lynch / no maul option has always been based on a very loose 'trust'

I'm willing to consider that option as well

edit:

and yes, the wogs\dropouts are why I'm willing to entertain a truce option at all and even then I'll leave it up to you as a group.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Dec 2013, 10:01:53

The truce might be entertaining just because I would like to see what twdog has in mind for buffed Zombies. But I think you're right, DOM. Probably best not to open that box.

So my last question before I burn the last of my lunch hour: Should we orchestrate putting the ship together at Night anyway, or is there something better we should be doing with our actions?

If we have nothing better to do it wouldn't hurt to try to assemble the ship. In fact, assembling the ship might be a greater chance of victory than lynching 3 Wolves in a row. I'm just not sure what putting the pieces together will require. Necklessone...paging Dr. Necklessone.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Dec 2013, 10:08:52

The advantage to the ship is it is a clear path to victory for both the human and wolf teams. However, I can understand ranking a joint victory below a solo victory, which probably makes it a hard sell. But it is an option that can deny victory to the dead and with a bit of luck and help, the engineer and I could potentially have it up and running at the end of the night. The engine is done, just need to capture the ship and get those plans.

Capturing the ship is a bit of randomness; we need as many people as possible at the dock in a single round. My suggestion is tonight at Round 12. I'm not sure what all the dead can do, so maybe we want to have at least 2 people there earlier? Safety in number and all that.

For the plans, we're going to have to have another group since those can't be retrieved by anyone who will by at the Cloudship Dock (the movement numbers don't seem to work). How many people do we have who can be at the Central Passagway by Round 3? Then we could send up

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Dec 2013, 10:11:36

And Ryvvn, I'd really like to hear the wolf perspective of an alliance. It is a way to guarantee some sort of fuzzy victory, after all.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 10:18:36

I am very close to the Cloudship Dock. I can be there very early.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Dec 2013, 10:19:06

necklessone wrote:The advantage to the ship is it is a clear path to victory for both the human and wolf teams. However, I can understand ranking a joint victory below a solo victory, which probably makes it a hard sell. But it is an option that can deny victory to the dead and with a bit of luck and help, the engineer and I could potentially have it up and running at the end of the night. The engine is done, just need to capture the ship and get those plans.

Capturing the ship is a bit of randomness; we need as many people as possible at the dock in a single round. My suggestion is tonight at Round 12. I'm not sure what all the dead can do, so maybe we want to have at least 2 people there earlier? Safety in number and all that.

For the plans, we're going to have to have another group since those can't be retrieved by anyone who will by at the Cloudship Dock (the movement numbers don't seem to work). How many people do we have who can be at the Central Passagway by Round 3? Then we could send up

Ryvvn and I are both in Medical right now. I would prefer to spend, say, four turns applying medical aid to myself, but if I'm needed, I could theoretically help to achieve an action tonight, and my poison-death wouldn't end the game (5:3 to 3:2, if a wolf is lynched, I believe?). Ryvvn's also an option that could be available, if we had a different lynch target in mind.

Send up what, man? You can't just cut us off like that!! :D

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Dec 2013, 10:20:30

Apparently copy and paste failed. :flail:

For the plans, we're going to have to have another group since those can't be retrieved by anyone who will by at the Cloudship Dock (the movement numbers don't seem to work). How many people do we have who can be at the Central Passagway by Round 3? Then we could send up a team to mass search in case there's a random function to actually getting them.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Dec 2013, 10:21:57

Healing is more important than the extra body in that crew, I'd think.

twdog

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 10:22:18

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Send up what, man? You can't just cut us off like that!! :D

a bunch of obnoxious zealots that would let you all die rather then contaminate their ship with the unbelievers ... oh, wait. Think that one already happened :(

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 10:25:53

Will weneed to search the Cloudship Dock or just be there?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Dec 2013, 10:35:59

necklessone wrote:Healing is more important than the extra body in that crew, I'd think.

All right - I can theoretically heal and search either the officer mess and the bridge (in the north) or just about anything in the south, or I can heal and get to the Dock on Round 9 (not giving me enough time to search or use there).

Unless the wolves give us total buy-in, we may need extra people at each location as well, and that's without the dead fighting us.

e: No, I guess I can't search a second location, since I have to search or search/use medical.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 10:46:24

You could then help as a bodyguard to escort people from Central to Cloudship so people travel in groups there.

If there is no need to search the dock, I can meet in Central and then go back as a group to the dock.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Dec 2013, 11:15:32

My afternoon meeting ended early so I thought I'd pop in. (Shhh, don't tell my boss!)

I am at the Empty Outpost which is, hilariously, equidistant to both areas. I can be at either, depending on where we need a body.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 13 Dec 2013, 11:17:25

I know I was accused of sheeping behind rekard yesterday. But today I’m listening to FurinMirado and MEM. They bring up an excellent point about 7z7 pointing a finger from beyond the grave at redacted - ryvvn.

(When we first arrived at the red planet, I thought FurinMirado looked suspicious. But his vote record looks decent... a vote for ICB, and consistent pressure on ryvvn. MEM I already trusted...he's had consistent pressure on ryvvn as well.)
Last edited by Rictus on 13 Dec 2013, 16:54:57, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Dec 2013, 11:28:20

FurinMirado wrote:My afternoon meeting ended early so I thought I'd pop in. (Shhh, don't tell my boss!)

I am at the Empty Outpost which is, hilariously, equidistant to both areas. I can be at either, depending on where we need a body.

Bear in mind, there's a secret passageway between the Library and the Iron Tower (fairly certain ICB knew about that as of Night 1 as well, FYI). Where's that other Secret Passage that someone mentioned? Not sure if we have to search in order to use a secret passage, or if knowing it's there allows for us to move through it.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 11:47:03

MEM mentioned one from Stables to Library I think.

twdog

Postby twdog » 13 Dec 2013, 11:51:27

in your night action list, mention that you want to use secret passage from abc to xyz. If it doesn't exist, I'll let you know.

Please do not exploit this by giving me a giant list of every possible connection!

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Dec 2013, 12:03:23

rekard wrote:MEM mentioned one from Stables to Library I think.

Ah, Stables -> Empty Outpost. Found it once you pointed me to MEM.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 13 Dec 2013, 12:19:50

rekard wrote:MEM mentioned one from Stables to Library I think.

Stables to the Empty outpost.

Edit: slowly ninjaed! Anyhow, I'm all the way up by the north debris. I think I can make it to the docks to search.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Dec 2013, 12:23:18

Empty Outpost --> Stables --> Cloudship Dock then? I could be there in Round 2 it looks like.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Dec 2013, 12:54:42

I am at the abandoned camp. I saw Rictus on round 12 here too.

He has not said anything about it. Rictus? We could stick together in case of zombies.
If my math is right I can't go to Central, search and head to Dock. I am short by one round. So Rictus will be in the same case as me.

Furin, if you are at empty, you might be able to go to Central, search there and come back to Docks with 12 exact rounds. MEM and DOM seem to not be able to do that. Rave what's your status?

Return to “Promenade Deck”