Day 9: Ballot Rigging Indicates Canine Knavery

The centerpiece of our idyllic community. Just ignore the reddish-brown stains on the pavement...
sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Day 9: Ballot Rigging Indicates Canine Knavery

Postby sphenodont » 12 Feb 2014, 20:20:22

Day 9: Ballot Rigging Indicates Canine Knavery: We Are Really Screwed
(the full subject too long for the forum, apparently)

This vote seemed a foregone conclusion at first, but it was tenser than many of the days leading up to it. The villagers looked around for guidance, but their Sheriff had already retired for an evening of cheap booze and cheaper women, and why not? He'd done his civic duty, and he knew that his charges would likely engage in some wildly reckless gambit, like voting for themselves or voting for God or something equally self-destructive.

In the end, necklessone had no choice but to step forward and accept the fate which he had desperately tried to squirm his way out of. Hellheart was given the task of patting him down before sending him to the gallows, but even he wasn't crazy enough to get to close to their prisoner. So, they took turns chucking lit sticks of dynamite at neckless until one finally hit the target.

necklessone didn't shoot back.

The lack of a corporeal body made determining his alliance... difficult.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Re: Day 9: Ballot Rigging Indicates Canine Knavery

Postby sphenodont » 12 Feb 2014, 20:27:45

Everyone went to sleep that night a little bit uneasy, but happy that necklessone was dead. If they'd been paying attention, they may have noticed the giant statue in the center of town square was missing.

Aldax had noticed, which is why he hadn't voted. He had found strange tracks leading up to the statue's pedastal the day before and followed them all night to a warehouse on the edge of town. As sneakily as he could (which wasn't very), he crept inside to find the missing Ravebomb – or at least looked like a Ravebomb-shaped smear on the floor. Aldax was running back to town when he too was stomped mercilessly.

Aldax - villager - Wrath of Chicken

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 12 Feb 2014, 20:31:48

By the way, I lied earlier about everyone going to bed. FurinMirado didn't sleep, because... well, he never slept. Sleeping was tantamount to inviting the commies and the pinkos to come slit your throat in the middle of the night, and he wasn't about to let that happen. So, despite all the alcohol coursing through his veins, he was wired and ready when Mister E. Meat came a-huffing and a-puffing.

I'm sure Furin would like to think that he put up a good fight, and the legends will say he did, but in all reality his reaction time was not what it ought to have been, and he was dead before he could blink. However, Egon was clumsy enough to knock Furin's shotgun off the table, causing it to accidentally discharge and evaporate his face.

FurinMirado - hunter - mauled
Mister E. Meat - werewolf - huntered

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 12 Feb 2014, 20:33:26

And... yeah, the villagers came out and found that by daylight, the bits of neckless that were scattered all about town were gray and fuzzy. So it looks like he was a werewolf, too.

Huzzah! Humans win!

(But why are there six-foot chicken tracks leading all through town?)

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 12 Feb 2014, 20:34:24

Thanks to everyone for playing. Despite the lack of time, I had fun and it definitely went smoother than last time around. That said, I'm sorry I wasn't able to properly illustrate (or even narrate) the game.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Feb 2014, 20:35:21

Oh fuck yes, instinct for the win!!

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Feb 2014, 20:36:31

Also Furin's amazing aim for the win ;) :lol:

Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Visigoth » 12 Feb 2014, 20:38:46

Very nice game sphenodont.

I still think Hellheart is an evil disciple of the Chicken and must be cleansed.

FurinMidaro, nice pull of the trigger in taking out Mister E. Meat. Guess the Cinderella story of the former groundkeeper turned wolf turned out to be true.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 12 Feb 2014, 20:40:29

Holy crap.

Great game all!

The wolves played well, and so did the humans.

I'm looking forward to seeing the wolf forum... see how it played out.
Last edited by Rictus on 12 Feb 2014, 20:49:58, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Feb 2014, 20:41:22

Also, thanks spheno, great game!! :D

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 12 Feb 2014, 20:44:23

Thanks for running such a fun and interesting game, spheno!

So I think we as Humans should give ourselves a pat on the back-- given how well many of the Wolves played in this game, I think our collective performance might have been one of the best-ever Human team showings.

By my count, at least 10 Humans at some point made an important contribution to the overall victory.

Though I feel I should give a special shout-out to two of them: Ryvvn and Omega-- hell of a game, roomie!

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 12 Feb 2014, 20:45:17

Congratulations. For some days, there was a doubt MEM was getting killed, but it worked out in the end.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 12 Feb 2014, 20:51:13

Something felt really wrong when I kept ranting and Furin kept waffling - why didn't he want to save Necklessone? He's better than that, he's smarter than that. That polarized his range: he's the Hunter or he's a wolf, and I had no idea which until Necklessone got revealed. Either way, Furin never ever judges me there as long as he has a choice, and I had every intention of giving him one.

Even if they're both wolves, he has to judge Necklessone there, which I think is just hilarious.

I really had planned to sacrifice myself, but I did a HUGE 360 with 30 minutes to go and I was pressing anyone and everyone I could for information. MEM popping out at the end there is the only thing that would have ever, ever tipped me off about him being a wolf.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 12 Feb 2014, 20:58:27

Furin didn't aim at anyone - he was mauled, so he auto-shoots the only living wolf, although for the record I think if he had a choice he really would have pegged MEM after I completely unintentionally drew that out.

My math was correct as far as I know, and my panic was real, but I was going to look incredibly wolfy if Necklessone were a wolf regardless of how my math was.

Oh, the day before when I insisted on CAD, when DOM suggested we switch to Aldax I thought that was a wolf test: it's a human lynch that doesn't make you look wolfy, so it's the perfect way to go. I felt I had to double-down there so I didn't feel like a wolf to him and get judged at EOD.

If Necklessone had been seriously proposed before DOM's Aldax suggestion, I think I really do switch. I totally got what Ryvvn and Omega were saying about him that day, but I couldn't risk getting judged right there since I know I'm human and I thought CAD could be a wolf.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 12 Feb 2014, 21:04:52

Hellheart wrote:Something felt really wrong when I kept ranting and Furin kept waffling - why didn't he want to save Necklessone? He's better than that, he's smarter than that. That polarized his range: he's the Hunter or he's a wolf, and I had no idea which until Necklessone got revealed. Either way, Furin never ever judges me there as long as he has a choice, and I had every intention of giving him one.

Yeah, that was a really nice play.

I could almost see you realizing what was going on when you tried to warn off Rictus from switching his vote with about 10 minutes left :mrgreen:

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Feb 2014, 21:06:19

Ozymandias wrote:Though I feel I should give a special shout-out to two of them: Ryvvn and Omega

Thanks, that means a lot actually :)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 12 Feb 2014, 21:07:05

Hellheart wrote:Furin didn't aim at anyone - he was mauled

Oh right, well I'll let my instinct take full credit again then ;)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 12 Feb 2014, 21:56:04

Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Furin didn't aim at anyone - he was mauled

Oh right, well I'll let my instinct take full credit again then ;)

It was the right call, it really was, and I felt that earlier and moved away from it when I started working on the charts. I needed CAD to flip human to know it was right, but I knew the only people I would trust after that point were the ones that ran on feel, and if Omega gets mauled you're the strongest at that sort of thing.

I was pretty sure you were human based off of our interactions on the last two days, and I had you as unquestionably human after your reaction 6 minutes after the Hunter claim. You played really well once again, and once again I had serious trouble halfway through before switching tracks and clicking right at the end.

I need to develop a system to keep myself away from posting if I haven't slept. My worst day of this game was when I stayed up all night, and that nearly demolished all of the human credibility I had built up prior to that point.
Last edited by Hellheart on 13 Feb 2014, 00:22:56, edited 2 times in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 12 Feb 2014, 21:58:20

Great game, sphenodont. I liked how quickly the new days went up since that fed into my addiction enjoyment.

Well-played wolves, although things could have played out very differently without that little surprise help from Ozymandias on Day 1. I still think that the correct move would have been to leave the Day 1 lynch up to Rand, and to never ever pile up on "Nitestorm for Sheriff" when Ozymandias is in the game.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 12 Feb 2014, 22:01:01

Good game. :)

Thanks for running it spheno!

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 12 Feb 2014, 22:25:54

Good game! I wish we could have seen MEM do a truly long duration lone-wolf, but alas.
Ozymandias wrote:By my count, at least 10 Humans at some point made an important contribution to the overall victory.

You're too kind. I'd say my contribution was 5 Humans-worth, tops!

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 12 Feb 2014, 22:59:05

I'm still amazed at how much easier it was to get reads when I did something totally out of character and started poking a bunch of people and giving them all kinds of choices out of nowhere with very little time. Outside of my farcical summary of the voting at the start of one day and my Zark imitations, that was unquestionably the most fun I had this entire game.

sphenodont wrote:
7-zark-7 wrote:And there's one reason I rarely live long as a wolf. If the seer lives, I'm an early target. If the seer doesn't, many people think along similar lines.

I was going to mention it earlier, but you did an excellent job with the analysis this game, and I think Ozy helped by keeping you alive (where you'd normally be killed). I think a lot of people (myself included) forget how solid your breakdowns can be, when you're left alive long enough to let it coalesce.

I don't care if nobody believes me, I would've read Zark as human by halfway through Day 3 at the latest. That's the 2nd consecutive time I've read him as human when he was human based solely off of his posting. Whenever I read him as human, I pay a lot of attention to the analysis in his posts because he usually has spot-on analysis of players or areas of the game that other people have passed over. I piggybacked off of his analysis at least twice in this game and totally sheeped him onto AVS.

twdog wrote:
ryvvn in the day thread wrote:((that sounded completely dismissive, in a totally shitty way, of my particular playstyle and ability to contribute, which I feel is on par with how I'm able to contribute every game; also that first line made no sense and was condescending))

seriously

No, kindly. Didn't I just go over this with Ryvvn? It wasn't serious at all. Jesus, you guys need to lighten up :lol: . That first line was meant to be absurd, nonsensical, and completely over-the-top to make it obvious that I wasn't being serious.

sphenodont wrote:Yeah, I was hoping to get at least one more day out of it, but apparently not.

I had hoped they would have stuck to hunting the confirmed humans... but they thought they had an angle. I just hope people analyze the aftermath of this game and the "rules of being a wolf" go out the window.

This is completely true, although it puts the wolves into trouble in a couple places and if MEM gets sacrificed, that human cred for ICB won't last too long even with me. I still think the "rules of being a wolf" result in more pro-wolf situations throughout the day because it allows for a lot of flexibility and usually keeps wolves out of trouble from each other. Necklessone mentioned that sometimes the wolves just don't have a concerted plan - this is true, but as I stated it's then based purely on what's convenient for the players which leads to spread-out votes more often than not.

Either way, if the humans figure out that's what is going on they either figure out what you were doing instead and get the whole wolf team at once, or they shut down voting analysis entirely and go off of reads. Shocker: when the wolves force something artificial or just fly by the seat of their pants you can run into some really odd explanations for voting, timing issues, etc. that are going to give wolfy vibes off to players that pick out wolves by feel.

Ozymandias wrote:
Hellheart wrote:No, your vote would only have tied us. Necklessone never changed his vote to me. Rictus did, but I switched to Blindsniper so I didn't get EOD-sniped by wolf-Necklessone.

Actually, MEM was voting for necklessone, so if he switched that would have saved him.

That whole thing was just not going to work. MEM gave himself away with that vote - I'd be AMAZED if Ryvvn didn't latch onto that - and the wolves were destined to lose at that point.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Feb 2014, 01:10:54

Thanks for the game.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Feb 2014, 03:36:12

Thanks for the game spheno! It was really entertaining :lol:

I'm glad I could finally get myself mauled. That was the whole point in acting like I was really worried and thinking over my choice last night. In reality I was just trying to look as vanilla Human as possible and hoping Hellheart wasn't going to screw it up. :lol:

This game I tried a more general approach to analysis which didn't take as long so I was able to fit it into my hectic schedule. But ultimately it proved useless because the wolves really didn't behave the way I predicted. Yesterday, when I finally sat down and started digging through the threads to make a case against necklessone, that's when I really found what I needed. It's not something I can do very often though, due to time constraints. I'll have to figure out a happy medium between the two.

I am eager to read the Wolf and Dead threads. I'm curious to see if anyone ever suspected I was the Hunter or a special.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 13 Feb 2014, 04:26:24

This is completely true, although it puts the wolves into trouble in a couple places and if MEM gets sacrificed, that human cred for ICB won't last too long even with me. I still think the "rules of being a wolf" result in more pro-wolf situations throughout the day because it allows for a lot of flexibility and usually keeps wolves out of trouble from each other. Necklessone mentioned that sometimes the wolves just don't have a concerted plan - this is true, but as I stated it's then based purely on what's convenient for the players which leads to spread-out votes more often than not.

Either way, if the humans figure out that's what is going on they either figure out what you were doing instead and get the whole wolf team at once, or they shut down voting analysis entirely and go off of reads. Shocker: when the wolves force something artificial or just fly by the seat of their pants you can run into some really odd explanations for voting, timing issues, etc. that are going to give wolfy vibes off to players that pick out wolves by feel.

The intention was to also give credit to neck. Given how it was working for MEM, it is very likely that it could have worked for him. ICB's cred would have depended on how he manages it, that's where persuasion comes in. Never underestimate how killing a wolf does wonders to the psyche of hunans. Irrational becomes "honest mistake". It is never guaranteed and just depends on the players involved. What the wolves did in day 1 was an unpredictable bold move that was a double edged sword. I can imagine it failing and working.

The thing with the so called rules is that they are not absolute or universal. You can't predict a wolf at all with that unless the wolf is doing basic plays or making rookie mistakes. The funny thing is that if the rules are common practice the wolves know how to avoid them and manipulate the situation, so you are back to square 1. And well, not everything happens for just logical reasons. There have been several times where wolves have been nabbed for the wrong reasons or just plain luck. It's fortunate for the humans, but annoying for the wolves.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Feb 2014, 04:33:46

necklessone wrote:I don't think Furin would be playing this up if he were the Hunter.

I'm glad it worked! :D
I was worried I was hamming it up too much.
Last edited by FurinMirado on 13 Feb 2014, 04:52:07, edited 1 time in total.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 13 Feb 2014, 04:47:10

Thanks for the game Sphenodont. I already mentioned in the dead thread, but I'm nominating Omega for game MVP.

I would have cleared San mentally after tagging Augie, & vice versa.

sphenodont wrote:(But why are there six-foot chicken tracks leading all through town?)

[+] this is why we cant have nice things

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Feb 2014, 04:59:52

Thanks very much for the game, sphenodont. I generally agree with the earlier comments - the wolves played a very good game, and the humans managed to counter it. I think we *did* get lucky a little bit (my choice of successor wasn't a completely blind shot in the dark, but that helped things along a bit).

I do like that Hunter mechanic, but I think there's an underlying strategy change for the wolves. It seems like it counters the last-wolf-standing, at least a little bit, which means that the wolves would have to adapt (or get the Hunter lynched on Day 2, right after the Seer).

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 13 Feb 2014, 05:25:31

Hellheart wrote:Something felt really wrong when I kept ranting and Furin kept waffling - why didn't he want to save Necklessone? He's better than that, he's smarter than that. That polarized his range: he's the Hunter or he's a wolf, and I had no idea which until Necklessone got revealed. Either way, Furin never ever judges me there as long as he has a choice, and I had every intention of giving him one.

Even if they're both wolves, he has to judge Necklessone there, which I think is just hilarious.

I really had planned to sacrifice myself, but I did a HUGE 360 with 30 minutes to go and I was pressing anyone and everyone I could for information. MEM popping out at the end there is the only thing that would have ever, ever tipped me off about him being a wolf.

And the truth was it was 100% unplanned on my part to try to make a last second snipe. And when I realized that's what it was, I was actually regretting it.

This morning I was thinking how to spin it, then I saw that I mauled the hunter anyhow and the game was over. I was also debating what to do long term. My plan was to maul you, Omega, maybe blindsniper and then no maul because there was no real way for me to win after our ploy failed.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 13 Feb 2014, 05:29:37

And to all my friends here, I think it's pretty clear that when it comes down to "Who do we want in the end game?" the choice is not MEM. Between the game where I saved Mortus the wolf and this game, I am clearly not the one to carry the winning trophy home.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Feb 2014, 05:32:33

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Thanks very much for the game, sphenodont. I generally agree with the earlier comments - the wolves played a very good game, and the humans managed to counter it. I think we *did* get lucky a little bit (my choice of successor wasn't a completely blind shot in the dark, but that helped things along a bit).

I do like that Hunter mechanic, but I think there's an underlying strategy change for the wolves. It seems like it counters the last-wolf-standing, at least a little bit, which means that the wolves would have to adapt (or get the Hunter lynched on Day 2, right after the Seer).

The Hunter mechanic is probably the only thing I'd want to see changed, actually. It takes the victory condition from an action performed by the villagers (finding the last wolf) to something passive (last wolf mauls the wrong person). I really would have liked to see if the humans could have actually found MEM (my money is on yes, especially after his late attempt to switch).

The wolves really have no way to draw out the hunter, so unless the hunter makes it their role clear it's primarily random chance whether the hunter is mauled before the end game.

I would have rather seen the hunter become a full fledged vigilante if they made it to a last wolf scenario. It drops a powerful and risky tool into human hands and adds some suspense.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Feb 2014, 05:36:57

necklessone wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:Thanks very much for the game, sphenodont. I generally agree with the earlier comments - the wolves played a very good game, and the humans managed to counter it. I think we *did* get lucky a little bit (my choice of successor wasn't a completely blind shot in the dark, but that helped things along a bit).

The Hunter mechanic is probably the only thing I'd want to see changed, actually. It takes the victory condition from an action performed by the villagers (finding the last wolf) to something passive (last wolf mauls the wrong person). I really would have liked to see if the humans could have actually found MEM (my money is on yes, especially after his late attempt to switch).

The wolves really have no way to draw out the hunter, so unless the hunter makes it their role clear it's primarily random chance whether the hunter is mauled before the end game.

I would have rather seen the hunter become a full fledged vigilante if they made it to a last wolf scenario. It drops a powerful and risky tool into human hands and adds some suspense.

I kind of liked the Hunter as is, but agree it left the Wolves under-powered.

Maybe the Wolves should have a Role Seer in this skin?

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 13 Feb 2014, 05:37:18

Well, I did make a change to the hunter for this game, in that on a maul, the hunter would randomly target one of the wolves. Conventionally, even on a maul the hunter still picks his target. I thought on a relatively power-thin game, giving the humans an extra tool would help their odds, but it seems it had wider-ranging effects (esp in the end-game) that I hadn't considered.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Feb 2014, 05:38:45

Ozymandias wrote:
necklessone wrote:

I kind of liked the Hunter as is, but agree it left the Wolves under-powered.

Maybe the Wolves should have a Role Seer in this skin?

I think a full fledged role seer may be over-powered, but some way for them to interact with the hunter.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Feb 2014, 05:42:56

sphenodont wrote:Well, I did make a change to the hunter for this game, in that on a maul, the hunter would randomly target one of the wolves. Conventionally, even on a maul the hunter still picks his target. I thought on a relatively power-thin game, giving the humans an extra tool would help their odds, but it seems it had wider-ranging effects (esp in the end-game) that I hadn't considered.

Hmm, how about this tweak:

If a Hunter gets mauled, he gets to pick his target, but the kill will only be successful if he targets a Wolf?

EDIT: That penalizes the Wolves for mauling the Hunter but still requires Hunter skill to take out a Wolf.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Feb 2014, 05:44:00

And Furin, it was killing me not to let you know we were both dead when we were talking after deadline last night.

Edit for Ozy: That would be interesting as long as the humans weren't informed of the Hunter target if the attack failed.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 13 Feb 2014, 05:46:22

I feel like the Lovers mechanic needs fixing-- automatic death for a dead lover's lover seems way too harsh.

Maybe the surviving lover should be able to take on a new lover?

I realize it doesn't make RP sense, but I think it would make the Lover faction more of a viable threat.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 13 Feb 2014, 05:54:18

necklessone wrote:And Furin, it was killing me not to let you know we were both dead when we were talking after deadline last night.

Edit for Ozy: That would be interesting as long as the humans weren't informed of the Hunter target if the attack failed.

Same here. I was trying really hard not to say anything in case you survived. :lol:

I stand by my decision not to claim. If I was never mauled I could still claim a couple days before endgame and be a confirmed Human. Although I did leave breadcrumbs for those as nerdy as me, on Day 1. I guess no one decided to Google "strength, speed, shiny teeth" or "Horn of Urgency".

Edit to Add: I was hoping to clue in a few people (hopefully all Human) that would vote for me as Sheriff so I could be Sheriff without claiming. Sadly it did not work. Fortunately, the Wolves did not clue in on my hints.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 13 Feb 2014, 05:59:10

Not claiming was smart. We'd realized there wasn't a lot of human incentive to counterclaim, but I was desperate for any information we could get from reactions at that point. And any day I could live was another day where a hunter maul might not lose us the game (which was the only thing Hellheart missed when analyzing whether to lynch me now or in the final seven).

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 13 Feb 2014, 06:04:10

Ozymandias wrote:I feel like the Lovers mechanic needs fixing-- automatic death for a dead lover's lover seems way too harsh.

Maybe the surviving lover should be able to take on a new lover?

I realize it doesn't make RP sense, but I think it would make the Lover faction more of a viable threat.

I think the Lovers work in a smaller game, especially live/face-to-face. In a game with twenty-plus players, the odds are well against them.

At that point, I think they need to become a polyamory conversion faction. :)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Feb 2014, 06:53:35

necklessone wrote:Not claiming was smart. We'd realized there wasn't a lot of human incentive to counterclaim, but I was desperate for any information we could get from reactions at that point. And any day I could live was another day where a hunter maul might not lose us the game (which was the only thing Hellheart missed when analyzing whether to lynch me now or in the final seven).

At the time, I was working under the assumption that you would kill off the confirmed humans before hauling off and socking Furin in the face.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 13 Feb 2014, 07:08:47

Very nice game sphen.

Mister E. Meat, you were never on my radar. Well played.

Dom, glad you gave the hat to Furin, I would have done the same.

I'll be in flight in a few minutes and will have a few more thoughts then.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 13 Feb 2014, 08:06:10

Honestly I think leaving the hunter as is but just removing his power at 1 wolf is enough of a nerf. That way you don't end up in the essentially degenerate state we would have ended up in had Furin not been the hunter.

Edit: It also adds an interesting choice to both the hunter and to the wolves. Does the hunter full on claim and put himself in the crosshairs in order to help his team? If he does, do the wolves take the known hit to a wolf in order to rid of yet another "confirmed" human?

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 13 Feb 2014, 08:39:17

Thanks for the game sphen!

Good game everyone.
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 13 Feb 2014, 08:44:12

Thanks for your hard work, Sphenodont!
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 13 Feb 2014, 09:37:31

Mister E. Meat wrote:And to all my friends here, I think it's pretty clear that when it comes down to "Who do we want in the end game?" the choice is not MEM. Between the game where I saved Mortus the wolf and this game, I am clearly not the one to carry the winning trophy home.

I thought that you had the trophy still from the last time you were last-wolf-standing? I forget what game that was, but I seem to recall that you were very successful at that not-so-long ago?

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 13 Feb 2014, 15:00:06

I guess the only other thought I have to add to the above is that I really enjoyed the Witch role.

I probably held the kill shot one night too long, but, as I expressed to Ozy verbally, I knew I couldn't articulate why I felt San was a wolf, I just knew that he was.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Feb 2014, 18:47:12

Hellheart wrote:
twdog wrote:
ryvvn in the day thread wrote:((that sounded completely dismissive, in a totally shitty way, of my particular playstyle and ability to contribute, which I feel is on par with how I'm able to contribute every game; also that first line made no sense and was condescending))

seriously

No, kindly. Didn't I just go over this with Ryvvn? It wasn't serious at all. Jesus, you guys need to lighten up :lol: . That first line was meant to be absurd, nonsensical, and completely over-the-top to make it obvious that I wasn't being serious.

I very rarely take anything said in game as serious or sincere, but I think given our "history" I was a bit more defensive on this where I otherwise would have shrugged it off or responded without the OOC marks; either way, misunderstanding was quickly resolved and no hard feelings... even if the joke was poor :P

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 13 Feb 2014, 18:50:09

I'm glad spheno ruled against the "no lynch" mechanic becoming the possible game winner, I would have not enjoyed seeing it come down to the pure mechanics as Hellheart seemed he would have. When it happened in the Pratchett game, it seemed organic and interesting given the skin of that game; with this being basically vanilla, it would have just seemed cheap. And if it came down to that being a possibility, I would have stubbornly kept my vote on Neckless, and hoping for his lynch after his hunter claim, just for the sake of keeping the game fun through the end.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 13 Feb 2014, 18:56:51

Ryvvn wrote:I'm glad spheno ruled against the "no lynch" mechanic becoming the possible game winner, I would have not enjoyed seeing it come down to the pure mechanics as Hellheart seemed he would have. When it happened in the Pratchett game, it seemed organic and interesting given the skin of that game; with this being basically vanilla, it would have just seemed cheap. And if it came down to that being a possibility, I would have stubbornly kept my vote on Neckless, and hoping for his lynch after his hunter claim, just for the sake of keeping the game fun through the end.

I didn't think that "no lynch" would actually work, and it wasn't anywhere close to as guaranteed as the Pratchett game was.

Still, if Necklessone was the Hunter and we nailed one of the wolves we were guaranteed to, at worst, have a confirmed human in the final 3. I think that human-Necklessone will rarely make a mistake in that situation, where he doesn't have to worry about defending himself and can just find the wolf among two players. And if he is a wolf then we always make the Final 3 or 4 after the counter-claim in the Final 7, and we win outright if we hit the other wolf before the Final 7.

It was a really good spot to just keep Neckless twirling in Limbo while we went wolfhunting.

Return to “The Village Green”