Day 11: Mayor

"We have nothing to fear except ourselves. We are unholy, awful people. Fear ourselves with silence. Look down, Night Vale. Look down and forget what you've done." -Town Motto
Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 11: Mayor

Postby Ozymandias » 06 Mar 2014, 19:17:24

Hellheart wrote:At EOD in a must-lynch situation where they can force a win? I wouldn't have been surprised to see this sequence if Rictus and rekard were wolves...

Posts from 15 seconds before EOD to EOD:

Rictus wrote:Fuzzmz
Rekard wrote:WOOF
Rictus wrote:MEOW

FurinMirado wrote:Final Tally:
Fuzzmz - 3
rekard - 2
Did Not Vote: Ryvvn

Wolves win!

Ryvvn wrote:WTF you dicks I couldn't post because it kept telling me new posts had been made

Unless of course Ryvvn turned off the new post notification in his preferences for precisely this reason.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 06 Mar 2014, 19:17:54

You can DO that?

Ryvvn didn't even know about the Foes list. He hasn't done that :P

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 06 Mar 2014, 19:18:54

That PJ wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:unless you truly are suggesting that the wolves would rather give up an almost certain chance at victory.

Obviously it was this line of thinking which I guess ultimately saved me since it seems to be what caused Rictus to back off me on day 10

There was a point in time where something about what was happening with you and Rictus and rekard didn't make any damn sense to me in the larger context of wolves being about to win, but I wasn't really around that EOD of see it go down, and after the fact, I'd lost that little glimmer of suspicion. I was trying to calculate 'okay, what's the easiest way to win without worrying about tomorrow,' but hey, it was my first end game.

Speaking of, thank you to Furin for a fun introduction to the Wolf Game and some excellent Night Vale intros--I've been reading them to fellow fans of the podcast, and they agree that they're awesome. And thanks for anyone who said to themselves 'aw, heck, let's mess with the FNG some more' and let me experience the full range of this game in my first go. Wildly addictive. Ready for the next one.

You had a great game, and a great introduction. I truly mean that, welcome to the wolf game seems you will fit right in 'round here.

That being said, I wouldn't say you've seen it all yet. I have still to piss you off. Since I piss everyone off, eventually, consider this your warning.

[+] I piss everyone off pressing things
;)
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 06 Mar 2014, 19:20:27

Hellheart wrote:You can DO that?

Hmm, maybe not on this board.

I thought it was the "Notify me upon replies by default" but I have that set to no so perhaps not.

Admins?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 06 Mar 2014, 19:21:52

Ozymandias wrote:

I thought it was the "Notify me upon replies by default" but perhaps not.

Admins?

I don't see it. I was looking for it before. I know for a fact that it would've TOTALLY WORKED too. I would've insisted on that strategy if I ever got the chance as a wolf.

Winning is so much more fun if you do it in the most absurd fashion.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 06 Mar 2014, 19:22:29

Ozymandias wrote:
Hellheart wrote:At EOD in a must-lynch situation where they can force a win? I wouldn't have been surprised to see this sequence if Rictus and rekard were wolves...

Posts from 15 seconds before EOD to EOD:

Rictus wrote:Fuzzmz

FurinMirado wrote:Final Tally:
Fuzzmz - 3
rekard - 2
Did Not Vote: Ryvvn

Wolves win!

Ryvvn wrote:WTF you dicks I couldn't post because it kept telling me new posts had been made

Unless of course Ryvvn turned off the new post notification in his preferences for precisely this reason.

I was looking for that option, no doubt while you were posting this, and I can't seem to find it.

For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 19:24:26

I knew about the foes list, I was being facetious ;)

I also knew about the disabling new posts thing, but haven't done that, and that wasn't what caused my missed snipe; the reason I stated in the wolf thread for missing was absolute truth: miscalculation of timing.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 06 Mar 2014, 19:25:30

Uhm. You can't do that many posts in a short time. Most times it gives you a pop up that wastes time and let's you know you are posting too fast.

PJ. There are no absolutes in this game. You have to recognize logic but also be able to sense players. Rely on the actual game that is being played. You can use historical data to see player trends but DON'T rely on them. You will be wrong more times than not. If you're lucky, you will get accustomed to one player's tells and predict that one.

Also, make a story of possible wolves. And in that story consider that they are IMPERFECT. Not idiots or smart. Just imperfect
Last edited by rekard on 06 Mar 2014, 19:28:13, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 06 Mar 2014, 19:26:07

Ozymandias wrote:

I thought it was the "Notify me upon replies by default" but I have that set to no so perhaps not.

Admins?

It's under "Board Preferences" and "Edit Posting Defaults" but like I said now I'm not sure what it does.

It may be talking about an email notification?

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 19:26:44

Hellheart wrote:I don't see it. I was looking for it before.

Maybe that's why I never turned it on (or off, or whatever); I just remember people mentioning it before and thinking I didn't need that because I'm good about hitting preview before submit, and (generally) getting my timings correct.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 06 Mar 2014, 19:31:48

Furin, thanks for the game.

Congratulations Ryvvn.
Charming, to the last.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 06 Mar 2014, 19:35:20

Ozymandias wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:

Admins?

It's under "Board Preferences" and "Edit Posting Defaults" but like I said now I'm not sure what it does.

It may be talking about an email notification?

It's talking about email notification.

I can't find anything that kills the behavior I think you're talking about -- the one that says "Hey, before we actually submit this post, here's some new ones that were posted that you might want to look at." I can't even find a global setting for it -- though I would guess that a module exists to allow for changes in that behavior...

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 06 Mar 2014, 19:35:38

Ryvvn wrote:

I also knew about the disabling new posts thing, but haven't done that, and that wasn't what caused my missed snipe; the reason I stated in the wolf thread for missing was absolute truth: miscalculation of timing.

Just a quick question, what would be the purpose of utilizing the foes list here? My foe list grows in leaps in bounds on ArsT whenever a climate change/gun/snowden and a few other news articles comes up, and I can understand it's use there. Here however despite potentially not getting along with everyone all of the time, you still need to read their words all of the time.

Also while I am at it, may I ask our GM (and as corollary everyone else) when did the GA power change to not being able to prevent the lynch? It was always my understanding that the GA could protect from all forms of death, including the lynch. Except however in this game, despite it not being noted in the rules (hence my confusion regarding it). I didn't want to bring it up during the game because I felt an argument on the matter would be moot, however I can't say I didn't feel slighted when that reply came across.

Granted this game was a perfect storm of special slaughter the first couple of days, I had lost most of my ability to direct the outcome of the game with the death of the seer and no ability to confirm humans of any nature (ergo attempt to predict the direction of the maul). My best shot was to try and stop Zark from getting mauled, which I honestly didn't believe was going to happen for a while anyway. The reason I didn't believe it was going to happen however was because I believed Zark was a wolf at the time.

Anyway, not upset or anything just curious when this happened. In the future if there are any stipulations on power use could you please include it in the rules so we can better grasp our roles in order to play better (not that knowing would have made much difference in how I used my power, if at all) in each game.
You're adorable-Rave

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 06 Mar 2014, 19:36:50

Simple_Simon wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:

Just a quick question, what would be the purpose of utilizing the foes list here? My foe list grows in leaps in bounds on ArsT whenever a climate change/gun/snowden and a few other news articles comes up, and I can understand it's use there. Here however despite potentially not getting along with everyone all of the time, you still need to read their words all of the time.

Also while I am at it, may I ask our GM (and as corollary everyone else) when did the GA power change to not being able to prevent the lynch? It was always my understanding that the GA could protect from all forms of death, including the lynch. Except however in this game, despite it not being noted in the rules (hence my confusion regarding it). I didn't want to bring it up during the game because I felt an argument on the matter would be moot, however I can't say I didn't feel slighted when that reply came across.

Granted this game was a perfect storm of special slaughter the first couple of days, I had lost most of my ability to direct the outcome of the game with the death of the seer and no ability to confirm humans of any nature (ergo attempt to predict the direction of the maul). My best shot was to try and stop Zark from getting mauled, which I honestly didn't believe was going to happen for a while anyway. The reason I didn't believe it was going to happen however was because I believed Zark was a wolf at the time.

Anyway, not upset or anything just curious when this happened. In the future if there are any stipulations on power use could you please include it in the rules so we can better grasp our roles in order to play better (not that knowing would have made much difference in how I used my power, if at all) in each game.

I can't remember a time when the GA's power ever prevented a lynch.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 06 Mar 2014, 19:37:52

Simple_Simon wrote:That being said, I wouldn't say you've seen it all yet. I have still to piss you off. Since I piss everyone off, eventually, consider this your warning.

You're gonna have to try hard. I was both sad and relieved when you bit it. On the down side, no more cat gifs. :( On the up side, I knew I would probably not vote on you in order to continue receiving cat gifs, evidence be damned.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 06 Mar 2014, 19:40:14

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I can't find anything that kills the behavior I think you're talking about -- the one that says "Hey, before we actually submit this post, here's some new ones that were posted that you might want to look at." I can't even find a global setting for it -- though I would guess that a module exists to allow for changes in that behavior...

Yeah, I just remembered being able to turn that off on the last board.

That's why I got confused.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 06 Mar 2014, 19:42:34

Simple_Simon wrote:Also while I am at it, may I ask our GM (and as corollary everyone else) when did the GA power change to not being able to prevent the lynch? It was always my understanding that the GA could protect from all forms of death, including the lynch.

Your understanding was wrong. The GA has always only been able to protect against mauls and other night-kills.

There are roles in special games that provide lynch immunity, but those are distinct from GAs.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 06 Mar 2014, 19:43:54, edited 1 time in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 06 Mar 2014, 19:43:13

Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:I don't see it. I was looking for it before.

Maybe that's why I never turned it on (or off, or whatever); I just remember people mentioning it before and thinking I didn't need that because I'm good about hitting preview before submit, and (generally) getting my timings correct.

It's on by default. And if somebody posts between "preview" and "submit" it still does the same shit to you, IIRC.

I've run into it a couple times, it's annoying as hell and while what rekard is talking about is true, you can definitely have two players alternate and lock a third out for a short time, especially if he's on a phone where it'll take friggin' forever to load. It'd only work for 2 or maybe 3 posts per player before they're locked out, so between 15 and 10 seconds for a pair of players, but it would work.

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I can't remember a time when the GA's power ever prevented a lynch.

The village role that can do that is the Mayor or the Hangman. A genuine Day Angel has historically been a wolf role, to protect wolves from Vig shots or In-Thread Activity that can result in player deaths.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 06 Mar 2014, 19:45:10

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:

I can't remember a time when the GA's power ever prevented a lynch.

Ozymandias wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Also while I am at it, may I ask our GM (and as corollary everyone else) when did the GA power change to not being able to prevent the lynch? It was always my understanding that the GA could protect from all forms of death, including the lynch.

Your understanding was wrong. GA can only protect against mauls and other night-kills.

There are role in special games that provide lynch immunity, but those are distinct from GAs.

Well then, I stand entirely corrected and ...

[+] will just shut my mouth
:D

Edit: Image added.
Last edited by Simple_Simon on 06 Mar 2014, 20:02:29, edited 1 time in total.
You're adorable-Rave

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 19:45:46

Rictus wrote:Congratulations Ryvvn.

Thanks you, that was a fun end game to play through with you; I was tense as fuck the entire time!

And thanks to everyone else who congratulated me, and for participating along with me; regardless of how anyone might be feeling about their own personal play this particular game, I'm pretty sure this game had the widest spread of suspicion (omg, anyone might be wofl) I've played in yet, which made the whole thing fun as hell!

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 06 Mar 2014, 19:46:27

Simple_Simon wrote:Well then, I stand entirely corrected and will just shut my mouth. :D

If only you had some way to visually convey that sentiment ...

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 19:48:22

Hellheart wrote:And if somebody posts between "preview" and "submit" it still does the same shit to you, IIRC.

Oh yeah, that I know, but I mean I'm usually good about hitting preview then immediately submit for those snipe moments

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 06 Mar 2014, 19:48:53

*puts on admin hat*

I'll look into that posting issue...

*waddles off*

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 06 Mar 2014, 19:56:14

Ryvvn wrote:

Thanks you, that was a fun end game to play through with you; I was tense as fuck the entire time!

And thanks to everyone else who congratulated me, and for participating along with me; regardless of how anyone might be feeling about their own personal play this particular game, I'm pretty sure this game had the widest spread of suspicion (omg, anyone might be wofl) I've played in yet, which made the whole thing fun as hell!

Well, the critical part was the day 3 wagons. We played it smart with the mauls by never mauling too much on any side of the wolf wagons while encouraging to kill the guys on the other wagons. That way we guaranteed that no one would be able to deduce who a wolf was from elimination of those wagons.

Because almost everyone in there was alive, it proved confusing to actually assure who was a wolf.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 06 Mar 2014, 19:57:04

Ozymandias wrote:
Simple_Simon wrote:Well then, I stand entirely corrected and will just shut my mouth. :D

I'm pretty sure I don't have a way to convey that specific sentiment.

[+] brb let me check
You're adorable-Rave

Admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Admin » 06 Mar 2014, 20:00:09

Omega wrote:*puts on admin hat*

I'll look into that posting issue...

*waddles off*

Alright, this is a Forum Based setting.

Overlords & Future GMs: Ensure that the setting "Enable post review:" in the forum setup screen is set to "No" for the day forum.

I'll put a note in the Back Room about this.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 06 Mar 2014, 20:02:00

Rictus wrote:Furin, thanks for the game.

Congratulations Ryvvn.

Rictus, great job once again sniffing out Wolves in the end game.

You're making it really hard for the Wolves not to maul you before F6 ...

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 06 Mar 2014, 20:06:22

Ozymandias wrote:

[+] should be all better now

viewtopic.php?p=22009#p22009
You're adorable-Rave

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 06 Mar 2014, 20:22:27

Congragulations wolves, I was rooting for you
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 06 Mar 2014, 20:28:24

Ozymandias wrote:

Congratulations Ryvvn.

I blame Ryvvn.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 20:39:28

rekard wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:

Congratulations Ryvvn.

I blame Ryvvn.

Me too.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 06 Mar 2014, 21:21:54

lol

Either way, it seems that if I am a wolf my teammates might not like it, as I take too many risks sometimes. Though, I liked how I lasted until almost the last day and the catalyst for my lynch was Ryvvn's insecure post.

I feel that as a wolf my survival will be of a very fragile nature. A small mistake can result in my lynch due to a natural suspicion.

I only worry though that this game might hurt me as a human because people already distrust me as it is.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 07 Mar 2014, 05:28:36

Simple_Simon wrote:Just a quick question, what would be the purpose of utilizing the foes list here?

If you can't see rekard vig you, it didn't happen. :twisted:

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 07 Mar 2014, 09:10:38

Ryvvn wrote:
That PJ wrote:Speaking of, thank you to Furin for a fun introduction to the Wolf Game and some excellent Night Vale intros--I've been reading them to fellow fans of the podcast, and they agree that they're awesome. And thanks for anyone who said to themselves 'aw, heck, let's mess with the FNG some more' and let me experience the full range of this game in my first go. Wildly addictive. Ready for the next one.

++

And yeah, Furin, you did a fan-fucking-tastic job with the Night Vale setting!

Plusity plus plus!

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 07 Mar 2014, 09:15:18

Ryvvn wrote:

I bagged on you a bit in the dead thread because IMO you had this game locked up tight and then proceeded to make a series of missteps that should have resulted in your loss which bummed me out. I'm glad you recovered in the end!

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 07 Mar 2014, 11:24:55

Mister E. Meat wrote:I bagged on you a bit in the dead thread because IMO you had this game locked up tight and then proceeded to make a series of missteps that should have resulted in your loss which bummed me out. I'm glad you recovered in the end!

Yeah I read through the entirety of the dead thread, and I can understand the criticisms and disappointment toward me -- though I think Hellheart was overly critical of me shortly after he died, but that's not too surprising as he's generally, "I was or will be totally right," after every time he dies -- I guess I'm glad my bumbling idiocy near the end there at least was cause for some entertainment.

I will thank Hellheart though for detailing out and helping me further understand what the perceptible differences are in my clearly human and likely wolf play and tone; maybe I'll be able to bring those two closer to parity.

A few other things I'd like to comment on and am consolidating here:

Subject: Torture Cubicle 3 wrote:
rekard wrote:You only need one sliver of doubt to cause a chain reaction. One what if. One wrong word or one stray thought. And down the rabbit hole.

Hellheart, sometimes it won't be about logic, but about how players feel about you. You could turn into the Perfect Wolf Hunter, but it only takes one thought : "Why is he so perfect? He probably is a wolf" and BAM! you get lynched. At that moment, player perception is what will matter.

Rekard continues to be absolutely correct in these matters, all it takes is just one nugget of doubt to cause a shitstorm of paranoia and poor choices.

Omega wrote:Easy there Ryvvn on the "gameplay abilities" comment. :/

Hellheart got it, this was an appeal to PJ and Fuzz that Rictus is the craftier and just better player, I was trying to hide myself behind the undeniable truth of that statement if they were willing to take the time to go back and look.

Okaros wrote:First the poisoning, now this... Holy crap Ryvvn. Is Reagan your father or something? That's some STRONG teflon coating!

And I certainly owe a thank you to Okaros for inspiring my new, and totally sweet, custom title and avatar! 8-)

Oh, and finally:

rekard wrote:Do I really spell Ryvvn wrong?

:lol: oftentimes you spell it Ryyvn, but you're not the only one who does that (and I'm not really offended)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 07 Mar 2014, 11:28:26

Also, maybe it was just my own paranoia, but I was pretty sure I gave myself away quite early with my D1 "joke" about ignoring Admetus for a few days and then I did end up sitting on him two days in a row for his lynch; I was surprised nobody brought that up, especially if they went back and reread things. I'm a huge proponent of D1 holding answers, since while that day truly is random for the humans, it can never actually be random for the wolves.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 07 Mar 2014, 11:37:03

Ryvvn wrote:
Omega wrote:Easy there Ryvvn on the "gameplay abilities" comment. :/

Hellheart got it, this was an appeal to PJ and Fuzz that Rictus is the craftier and just better player, I was trying to hide myself behind the undeniable truth of that statement if they were willing to take the time to go back and look.

I did, and it caused me to doubt you. Two aspects:
1. I asked you guys for some specific examples, because I knew I was unlikely to find anything relevant on my own (which turned out to be true). While it hurt Rictus a little to ignore this, it hurt you, because I felt (however briefly) that you weren't willing to come to task with your claim. Even just saying 'I was a wolf in this game and this game' would have massively narrowed my search, and I would've taken it as a show of good faith.

2. When I did find you in a wolf game, I saw that you tended to screen your posts through other wolves. Your pre-lone wolf posts were very solid. Your post-lone wolf ones were not. I chalked it up to Rictus being overly aggressive. Which, clearly, wasn't accurate.

I don't like to accept claims like that at face value. You tell me I should go back and read something, you should probably tell me where. :) But in the end, I couldn't find anything for Rictus to compare it to, so it became a dead end of comparative research for me.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 07 Mar 2014, 11:40:50

Ryvvn wrote:Yeah I read through the entirety of the dead thread, and I can understand the criticisms and disappointment toward me -- though I think Hellheart was overly critical of me shortly after he died, but that's not too surprising as he's generally, "I was or will be totally right," after every time he dies -- I guess I'm glad my bumbling idiocy near the end there at least was cause for some entertainment.

I don't remember specifically what I said, and I apologize if it was overly harsh. I think I was just really pissed at myself for falling asleep on the day I knew I would've been shot. You totally sidestepped my request and I would've called you a total wolf and virtually demanded that you'd be shot as a result. I was tired and I just wanted to be right about SOMETHING.

There was just no reason for you to not look at at least one or two of those players if you're a human. But if you're a wolf, you're worried that I'm just trying to get you to slip and say something wrong. All I wanted to do was see if you were willing to follow a perfectly reasonable request, or at least directly refuse to follow it because you think I'm a wolf.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 07 Mar 2014, 11:50:41

That PJ wrote:I don't like to accept claims like that at face value. You tell me I should go back and read something, you should probably tell me where. :) But in the end, I couldn't find anything for Rictus to compare it to, so it became a dead end of comparative research for me.

The last day of the Tempus Viligantes game is pretty indicative of late-game human Rictus. He edited away a post very late that named DOM and I as the last two wolves, and neither of us had gotten ANY heat before then. We decided it wasn't worth letting it go for another day and I sniped dferrantino for the win.

That is the game he should have linked because IMO his behavior in both is very similar, and I think not doing so really hurt him.

Ryvvn was in an F3 in his first game and an F4 in the Lovers' game. He was a human both times. There is a reason he did not link those games, IMO.

If you want me to summarize anything in those games I can. I remember all three games quite vividly.
Last edited by Hellheart on 07 Mar 2014, 11:56:57, edited 1 time in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 07 Mar 2014, 11:51:34

That PJ wrote:I asked you guys for some specific examples, because I knew I was unlikely to find anything relevant on my own (which turned out to be true). While it hurt Rictus a little to ignore this, it hurt you, because I felt (however briefly) that you weren't willing to come to task with your claim. Even just saying 'I was a wolf in this game and this game' would have massively narrowed my search, and I would've taken it as a show of good faith.

When I did find you in a wolf game, I saw that you tended to screen your posts through other wolves. Your pre-lone wolf posts were very solid. Your post-lone wolf ones were not. I chalked it up to Rictus being overly aggressive. Which, clearly, wasn't accurate.

I don't like to accept claims like that at face value. You tell me I should go back and read something, you should probably tell me where. :) But in the end, I couldn't find anything for Rictus to compare it to, so it became a dead end of comparative research for me.

The problem is real life me wouldn't know where to actually direct you to, only that the information is out there. I'm also unable to really post much during the working hours, except occasionally by phone; so I wouldn't have really been able to take the time to dig up stuff for you. I do understand the suggestion was probably not a good one if I wasn't going to back it up, but another benefit of it was that if you guys were willing to do it, it would waste time you could be spending analyzing this game's information.

It's funny that you picked up on my previous wolf game screening habits, though this game I didn't screen anything past them (minus post panic phase), which is why I think my earlier posts were so solid, because I didn't hesitate on posting what felt right to me; I just personally couldn't keep my own composure once the pressure was actually on (a real life problem for me as well). If only Hellheart hadn't called out my sticking to RP... :P

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 07 Mar 2014, 11:54:35

Hellheart wrote:I remember all three games quite vividly.

FIFY

And this is why Hellheart is dangerous... but sometimes as much to himself as others.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 07 Mar 2014, 11:57:27

Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:I remember all three games quite vividly.

FIFY

And this is why Hellheart is dangerous... but sometimes as much to himself as others.

Far, far more dangerous to myself. But it's much more fun that way :D

And my memory of the Star Wars TWG and late in the Wolfing Game is pretty hazy. Outside of that you're more or less correct. I can probably recall half of the lynches and mauls in those three games from memory, though, which wierds me out.

Return to “Night Vale”