Day 3: Potholes

"We have nothing to fear except ourselves. We are unholy, awful people. Fear ourselves with silence. Look down, Night Vale. Look down and forget what you've done." -Town Motto
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 3: Potholes

Postby FurinMirado » 25 Feb 2014, 18:09:19

The nice, old lady next door is not actually that nice, nor is she a lady. But she is old. So very, very old. Welcome to Night Vale.

It is day 3 of the festival and Main Street is beginning to smell a little bit sulfurous though no one can tell why.

Earlier today the City Council…the entire City Council…in unison…announced that:
“Werewolves are still not real. Though vampires are very real.” Of course we all know they are referring to Rick, who is currently working the night shift restocking shelves at the public library, a job he is well-suited for given that librarians do not find vampires very palatable.

We are now getting reports of potholes appearing in Main Street. They appear to be oozing a viscous, dark-blue substance. Given the unknown nature of this…ooze…I would advise listeners to stay away from them. Oddly, they do not appear to be the source of the sulfurous odor but actually smell more like cinnamon, which is actually quite pleasant.

The Sheriff’s Secret Police, in cooperation with a vague yet menacing government agency, are reporting that dferrantino has been thoroughly interrogated and is unequivocally a Resident and NOT a Werewolf, which doesn’t exist anyway. Also, his funeral will be this Sunday.

It seems that John Peters, you know the farmer, has discovered the source of the smell. The body of Omega was found in the Hall of Mirrors. Omega’s skin was missing, presumed eaten, and his bones replaced with pure sulfur.

It is not clear if this is the work of these so-called “Werewolves”. It is a well-known fact that mirrors are dangerous things and skin is considered delicious by many things whose names we dare not utter in the daylight hours. So it is best not to think about this too much. Worrying will only keep you awake. So good night, Night Vale, good night.

dferrantino – Lynched - Resident
Omega – Mauled - Resident

((Stigmata has been WOG'd. Hellheart will be returning in his place.))

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 3: Potholes

Postby FurinMirado » 25 Feb 2014, 18:13:14

Vote Tally:

dferrantino - 4 - Iron Clad Burrito, DastardlyOldMan, Clearasday, Smirker
Clearasday - 3 - Penalty x1, meta4, dferrantino
Smirker - 3 - simple_simon, That PJ, 7-zark-7
BlindSniper83 - 2 - rekard, Admetus
stigmata - 2 - Penalty x1, Rictus
7-zark-7 - 1 - San
DastardlyOldMan - 1 - sphenodont
fuzzmz - 1 - twdog
rekard - 1 - BlindSniper83
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz
simple_simon - 1 - Visigoth
That PJ - 1 - Ryvvn
Rictus - 1 - Penalty x1
twdog - 1 - Penalty x1

Did Not Vote (3): Nitestorm, Omega, Stigmata

Nitestorm and Omega will not be penailzed as they had votes for Ozymandias prior to his vig shot.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 25 Feb 2014, 18:22:09

FurinMirado wrote:Omega will not be penailzed

FurinMirado wrote:The body of Omega was found in the Hall of Mirrors. Omega’s skin was missing, presumed eaten, and his bones replaced with pure sulfur.

Question, what does "penailzed" mean? because it seems like the poor bastard has been through quite enough as it is

FurinMirado wrote:it is best not to think about this too much

okay

FurinMirado wrote:It is a well-known fact that mirrors are dangerous things

Okay....

FurinMirado wrote: and skin is considered delicious by many things whose names we dare not utter in the daylight hours.

Christ

FurinMirado wrote: Worrying will only keep you awake. So good night, Night Vale, good night.

I may never sleep again (and thank you for the intro to Night Vale - I had never heard of it before)

Less sweet dreams in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Feb 2014, 18:25:15

(( Wow, I've been trying to place in Lightning Rounds so I didn't keep tabs on this and things just blew up in the last couple hours. Literally, in Ozy's case. Flavor text first, analysis later, but a couple quick points that crossed my mind while reading:

I can't imagine that Zark's shot on Ozy was a ploy to try to save wolf-Smirker. He replaced Ozy's vote on Smirker and stayed there the rest of the day. Kind of a shitty way to try to save a fellow wolf.

This is the second time in a row that DOM has put the 2nd vote on a wagon instead of starting one. I feel like that's abnormal for DOM.

I'll post the votes with retractions in a minute, since I can. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Feb 2014, 18:33:23

Khoshekh is unsure, his scratches only paint partial pictures, but the words he overheard, from one of the men secreting in the station's stall, seemed unusually layered with questionable inflections. Khoshekh is unsure, but when Admetus stands at the sink beside him, rinsing hands and inspecting the mirror's reflection, Khoshekh definitely feels ill at ease.

Subject: Day 2: Goldfish wrote:
Admetus wrote:
7-zark-7 wrote:
Admetus wrote:Zark, why'd you shoot Ozy then before even getting the results, vote for Smirker?

I'm playing by gut this time. And I'd say we got results.

Admetus wrote:Not a lot of time to draw conclusions. The big question is whether Smirker vs Ozy today is a wolf-wolf or wolf-human argument.

Indeed - should be interesting either way, no?

I don't know that I'm willing to go there. You're proposing that the wolves had two up for lynch, again, and Ozy/Smirker decided to make a fight out of it. Historically, that hasn't worked well, especially with Ozy involved. I think I'm going to decide it's more likely Smirker as blatant wolf was a wrong read.

And the alternate wagons right now are penalty-vote enabled, or I could stack my vote on dferrantino for a one-sided lynch. Ugh.

I'd rather put my vote on a baby wagon. Blindsniper83.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 25 Feb 2014, 18:34:04

*Intern Smirker bring sin some beers and bottled waters*

Hmm, i was actually expecting a snipe at EOD; but that was some good activity there! :) It gladdens my heart.

I find it extremely unlikely that Zark is a wolf, for the reasons I stated earlier that it would be insane for a wolf vigi to remove an unspent fellow wolf vigi. I don't mind him sitting on me with his vote as I know I come off as odd. I always do because I tend to speak my mind. I just don't go on and theorycraft as much anymore. Down that path lies madness.. Or perhaps another 'orientation' by Station Management... *shudder*

I'll vote later - but SOMEONE has to say it.. and it might as well be me.

"Nitestorm was RIGHT!"

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Feb 2014, 18:38:12

(( Not sure I'd personally vote for Admetus yet, but this is the second day in a row that Ryvvn gave an instinct read that matched my own tone reads. ))

Hopefully correct votes with retractions wrote:dferrantino - 4 - ICB, DOM, CAD, Smirker
CAD - 3 - Penalty, Ozymandias, Meta4, dferrantino
Smirker - 3 - Simple_Simon, That PJ, Ozymandias, Admetus, Zark
Ozymandias - 2 - Nitestorm, Omega. Smirker
Stigmata - 2 - Penalty, Rictus
Blindsniper - 2 - rekard, Admetus
Rictus - 1 - Penalty, sphenodont
Simple_Simon - 1 - Smirker, Visigoth
Zark - 1 - San
That PJ - 1 - Ryvvn
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz
twdog - 1 - Penalty
fuzzmz - 1 - twdog
DOM - 1 - sphenodont
rekard - 1 - Blindsniper
Visigoth - 0 - Admetus
ICB - 0 - dferrantino
Nitestorm - 0 - Ozymandias
Last edited by Hellheart on 25 Feb 2014, 19:36:16, edited 2 times in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Feb 2014, 18:42:06

Situations like this, folks look for someone to blame. Kid knows he needs to keep his head down, not stand out, wait until everything dies down. Trouble is, he's been an outsider all his life - he don't know how to blend in. Kid's not going down without a fight, though.

Ends up not being necessary. Sheriff's men say that a whole mess of folks were tied and they'd make the decision later. Didn't take long - Kid's ambushed on the way back to his room. He's trussed up like a pig and carted off to the Mines.

Kid never said how he got out. I ain't gonna ask, either. Don't matter how he got out - good and evil got no meaning when your life's on the line.
Last edited by Hellheart on 25 Feb 2014, 19:15:23, edited 1 time in total.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 25 Feb 2014, 19:14:25

Hellheart wrote:(( Not sure I'd personally vote for Admetus yet, but this is the second day in a row that Ryvvn gave an instinct read that matched my own tone reads. ))

Without some kind of explanation for why it would be plausible that there were two wolves in the running today, when the wolf in the lead is shot, I think it's time to reevaluate the whole thing. Zark wasn't very convincing when I tried to ask why he would believe that enough to vote that way.

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 25 Feb 2014, 19:28:59

I just drop in and see that Ozymandias was shot and revealed to be a werewolf vigilante??? :o

As always, I was right and you fools should have listened to my advice sooner.

But on a happier note, let us celebrate his supreme demise!!!!

:flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail:

We are now finally free of his crafty and devious schemes and nonsense logical thinking! :mrgreen:

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 25 Feb 2014, 19:29:54

Smirker wrote:*Intern Smirker bring sin some beers and bottled waters*

Hmm, i was actually expecting a snipe at EOD; but that was some good activity there! :) It gladdens my heart.

I find it extremely unlikely that Zark is a wolf, for the reasons I stated earlier that it would be insane for a wolf vigi to remove an unspent fellow wolf vigi. I don't mind him sitting on me with his vote as I know I come off as odd. I always do because I tend to speak my mind. I just don't go on and theorycraft as much anymore. Down that path lies madness.. Or perhaps another 'orientation' by Station Management... *shudder*

I'll vote later - but SOMEONE has to say it.. and it might as well be me.

"Nitestorm was RIGHT!"

I'm always right, it took all of you this long to realize it? Even when I'm wrong, it just proves I'm so right that reality tries to cover it up. :evil:

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 25 Feb 2014, 19:32:18

Now, onto a random vote of the day, I'll offer up Ozymand.... *cough* I mean Ozyma...., *ahem*, let's just say Redacted from Iron Clad Burrito for now, since I have no better ideas.

Now that Ozymandias is gone, I'm gonna miss him... :(

Who am I going to consistently vote for now?
Last edited by Nitestorm on 26 Feb 2014, 12:06:58, edited 1 time in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Feb 2014, 19:33:30

Admetus wrote:
Hellheart wrote:(( Not sure I'd personally vote for Admetus yet, but this is the second day in a row that Ryvvn gave an instinct read that matched my own tone reads. ))

Without some kind of explanation for why it would be plausible that there were two wolves in the running today, when the wolf in the lead is shot, I think it's time to reevaluate the whole thing. Zark wasn't very convincing when I tried to ask why he would believe that enough to vote that way.

(( I don't understand what you're saying. Ozymandias was never in the lead - he was tied for the lead with Smirker after he changed his vote from CAD, but then you pushed Smirker ahead again. Ozy's known for switching his vote so it could've been a strategic wolf play for one of an arbitrary number of reasons, one of which is the possibility that Smirker is also a wolf.

I'm not about to try to figure out exactly what went on there because it's just a huge amount of ridiculous speculation. In the set {Smirker, Ozymandias, Zark}, the one that's had the most human posts is Zark. Zark also has the only confirmed pro-village action in the entire game. We can always take another look at it later when we know more player affiliations, but speculation about Zark's motives will not get us anywhere right now.

In any case, Ryvvn had different reasons for both of his instinct reads. Your posts have felt odd to me - thus the term "tone read" - and that has little or nothing to do with your justifications or reasoning. ))

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 25 Feb 2014, 19:49:34

I just assembled all the vote counts showing how Ozy was a vote leader when I realized you and I were talking past each other. I'm saying he was a wolf in contention to be lynched, not that he was out front in votes. I was saying I wanted to discuss with Zark, a super likely human, why he thought there would be two wolves in contention to be lynched, and I was not convinced that I should believe that. I'm not questioning Zark's motives, I just didn't think it was as likely Smirker was a wolf at that point.

I can't defend my tone. Shrug.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Feb 2014, 19:59:36

Admetus wrote:I just assembled all the vote counts showing how Ozy was a vote leader when I realized you and I were talking past each other. I'm saying he was a wolf in contention to be lynched, not that he was out front in votes. I was saying I wanted to discuss with Zark, a super likely human, why he thought there would be two wolves in contention to be lynched, and I was not convinced that I should believe that. I'm not questioning Zark's motives, I just didn't think it was as likely Smirker was a wolf at that point.

I can't defend my tone. Shrug.

(( Okay, that makes more sense. Your post at the time didn't quite come across as that, but it wasn't exactly an established situation where you had time to really think your posts through. It lines up with your voting away from the lead wagons, which is a vote I do agree with...although I think I might have switched back when dferrantino is pushed into the lead. He's a popular human lynch candidate for the wolves.

I know better than to push my tone reads - not to mention that you're too valuable as a human for me to vote for you this early - so you don't need to worry about defending your tone. I just thought it was interesting that my tone read matched Ryvvn's read on two consecutive days. ))

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 25 Feb 2014, 20:02:08

At this moment, Admetus is stinking. His vote switches are a bit annoying and coming with a more loaded analysis just on Day 2 is iffy. I mean selecting specific posts for reasoning is peculiar for day 2. Like outta place or just a bit excessive. His vote timing could have protected Ozy, which the vig shot probably ruined. When Admetus voted Ozy, he was putting Smirker in the lead. If Smirker is human and Admetus is a wolf, that's can be an indication of a wolf protection.

If Smirker is a wolf with an Admetus wolf, that retraction at the end still makes sense, since it doomed dferrantino as probably Admetus saw a chance of saving a wolf since losing two in a day would be devastating. There's a chance the encounter between Smirker and Ozy could be staged, but who knows. We'll see.

By the end of the day, sphenodont changed his first vote (that was still a singleton for practical purposes) to another singleton target, which wasn't necessary. It would have been the same if he had stayed in Rictus, so I wonder about the change.

So let's start with a Retracted. Was sphenodont poke. Not set. The lord of light will be watching.
Last edited by rekard on 26 Feb 2014, 17:48:14, edited 1 time in total.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 25 Feb 2014, 22:50:34

It occurs to me that I've not voted yet and while I'm tempted to throw a vote out; I'm also aware that I'm tired and it's time for this intern to goto bed. So, I shall check back tomorrow before EOD and see how things stand then.

*Intern Smirker yawns and goes to his closet at the station*

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Feb 2014, 23:09:54

(( Posts I wanted to respond to when I was reading yesterday's thread. Then no more analysis until after the RP that'll probably be this coming afternoon.

Smirker wrote:In my mind, there was two probable motives for the wolves going after MEM.
One, that he mentioned the voices and such (but I don't think he was alone in implying there was an oddness around him).
Two, that he voted for a wolf (simple_simon).
Three, that he voted for someone the wolves wanted us to think was a wolf.

I came up with another, far more likely reason in my post-death musing PM to Furin: some players like to maul an unimportant player on Day 1 to avoid giving any information from the maul. MEM seems to be a popular "unimportant player" maul choice for several players. One was Ozymandias.

Admetus wrote:(( The suggestion that the new Vigilante could be a wolf after losing both a human Seer and a human Vigilante sounds absurd. Either that's an exaggeration for dramatic effect, or perhaps all dying, unspent Vigilantes will be replaced this way, and it was the rules which were the misdirection. But either way, I don't expect FurinMirado will want to clarify... ))

I believe that the rule was pretty much entirely for a Day 1 Vigilante lynch/maul and Furin wasn't about to modify his original plan just because the wolves got lucky and mauled the Seer. Day 1 Vig shots are generally frowned upon, so the game has to be balanced around the possibility/likelihood that a Vigilante dies before he would realistically consider taking a shot. The Vig would be randomed among the entire playerbase because based on Furin's posts that's what he did for all of the Vigs. Yeah, it slightly biases the Vig statistics towards the wolves, but I doubt that'll swing the game in their favor.

Admetus wrote:When I got a few minutes to check by phone last night, Visigoth's vote pinged my radar. We were approaching EOD, and he was tied in the lead, but his vote was on a singleton. He could have put someone else in a tie, or even pushed a person to three votes (it's not a lot, and over an hour remained on the clock). It just seemed like actively trying to stay under the radar.

The last game gave me the impression that singleton votes is kind of what Visigoth does early on unless he's a runaway bandwagon, so I'm not terribly surprised that he didn't push another guy up to tie. That said, he did say that he retracted his vote, but couldn't figure out who to cast it on. Sounds like he was waiting to EOD counter-snipe if necessary because his explanation for the retraction is bullshit - it doesn't matter if you can justify your vote because it's Day 1.

He wouldn't push a player ahead in any case, which seems to be confusing for a number of analytical players:

Ozymandias wrote:(b) the to-my-mind irrational widespread belief that players shouldn't do everything they can to defend themselves at EOD. That's something I've never understood.

Most players don't have your inflated sense of self-importance :P . If a player is a human and they're part of a large number of tied wagons, they'll often opt to just let random resolve the issue. Voting will only draw attention and likely get them killed for sure, and if random hates them then so be it. Your late votes don't often get you killed mostly because people know they're standard for you. If a player is a wolf, their survival holds greater importance and they'll be more willing to cast that vote - so a tiebreaker vote there seems wolfy as hell. That tiebreaker never came because it was a 6-way tie.
DastardlyOldMan wrote:My only thoughts are that people are being extra-sensitive because Gosh! We've got Guns.

DOM's reasoning is spot-on for tiebreaker votes with time left in the thread. Those are why we rarely have huge ties - just push another wagon ahead and hope you aren't pushed up to retie. That's not nearly as wolfy since it creates a more meaningful voting record, particularly on Day 1.

Problem is, once that 6-way tie is established, breaking that tie with time to go is quite literally playing Russian Roulette. If you break the tie by voting for a Vig that's online, that Vig will shoot you in response. There's practically no chance that all 6 wagons get voted up to 3, so that Vig shot significantly increases that player's chances of survival by returning it to a 1/6 chance of death via RAND. Not to mention that dying with an unused Vig shot when you could've used it in a perfectly justifiable act of self-defense isn't the best look. ))

San
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby San » 26 Feb 2014, 03:16:56

Dumplings are tasty.

Smirker

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 26 Feb 2014, 04:03:28

Admentus

OOC (no Russian this am as i am getting ready to work til 10pm EST and might not have access to a computer til after EOD)
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 26 Feb 2014, 05:22:28

Well, that was certainly an active night. Was keeping up while away from my computer, but still trying to sift through some of this analysis.

No vote yet.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 05:31:39

With a few votes in and an early leader, here is the Current Vote Tally:

Admetus - 2 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83
Smirker - 1 - San
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 26 Feb 2014, 05:44:34

FurinMirado wrote:With a few votes in and an early leader, here is the Current Vote Tally:

Smirker - 1 - San
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

It's not like I voted for that Steel Covered Enchilada or anything...

Maybe the wolves are finally on to me and just ignoring me in public. :roll:

Even the GM is against us - we are all doomed! :flail: :flail: :flail:

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 05:47:20

Nitestorm wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:With a few votes in and an early leader, here is the Current Vote Tally:

Smirker - 1 - San
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

(( That light blue coloring is awfully hard to see on some skins ))

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 26 Feb 2014, 05:50:38

Ozy tends to bend the rules, so there are probably some conclusions in here that are meant to be found. But here is the short list of people who look more or less human with Ozy as wolf.

More human -
ICB and rekard from Day 1 (wolves probably spread out given final distribution)
Omega for making Ozy a contender Day 2
Smirker

Slightly more wolfy - people that pushed up ties to Ozy
That PJ
Meta4 (since dferrantino isn't an option)
Visigoth
CAD

Much more wolfy - "saved" Ozy
Admetus

I'm leaving CAD as slightly more wolfy because I don't think Ozy's vote for him was threatening.

And in yet another game I find myself to be the best candidate to be a wolf, though of course, I am not. I even defended Ozy in my post against Smirker. My only defense is that if I were a wolf, Ozy would probably have prevented me from being so naive. Ozy knows he's going to die in any game, so an obvious "save Ozy" vote would always come back to haunt me.

My vote will go for Clearasday, for now. Out of what I have here, it seems the most likely wolf vote position that isn't me.

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 26 Feb 2014, 05:52:35

Hellheart wrote:
Nitestorm wrote:

Smirker - 1 - San
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

(( That light blue coloring is awfully hard to see on some skins ))

So, are you having problems seeing it then?

On a completely unrelated note, it is a well known fact that those of the canine persuasian have inferior visual acuity to us superior humans.

If you are having issues with the coloring, please let us all know. :twisted:

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 05:53:15

Nitestorm wrote:

Smirker - 1 - San
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

Maybe choose a color that isn't that close to black? :roll:

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 26 Feb 2014, 05:54:33

Admetus wrote:Ozy tends to bend the rules, so there are probably some conclusions in here that are meant to be found. But here is the short list of people who look more or less human with Ozy as wolf.

More human -
ICB and rekard from Day 1 (wolves probably spread out given final distribution)
Smirker

Slightly more wolfy - people that pushed up ties to Ozy
That PJ
Meta4 (since dferrantino isn't an option)
Visigoth
CAD

Much more wolfy - "saved" Ozy
Admetus

I'm leaving CAD as slightly more wolfy because I don't think Ozy's vote for him was threatening.

And in yet another game I find myself to be the best candidate to be a wolf, though of course, I am not. I even defended Ozy in my post against Smirker. My only defense is that if I were a wolf, Ozy would probably have prevented me from being so naive. Ozy knows he's going to die in any game, so an obvious "save Ozy" vote would always come back to haunt me.

My vote will go for Clearasday, for now. Out of what I have here, it seems the most likely wolf vote position that isn't me.

I don't see how any can conclude that you are anything but a wolf, considering how loyal you were to your late master, Ozymandias. :ugeek:

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 05:55:27

Quick Vote Tally and then back to work:

Clearasday - 1 - Admetus
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - Nitestorm
Smirker - 1 - San
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 26 Feb 2014, 06:29:34

I suspect Nitestorm.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 26 Feb 2014, 06:42:29

That PJ wrote:I suspect Nitestorm.

Your looking a bit furry today aren't you? Besides, I'm all skin and bones and don't taste very good either. :cry:

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Feb 2014, 06:44:28

Khoshekh is concerned that the one he has chosen to pursue today can't even recall who had died just the night prior... simply a forgetful human, or a cunning canine facade; Khoshekh has doubts, though not so strong as to take his eyes off this one yet.

Admetus wrote:Ozy tends to bend the rules, so there are probably some conclusions in here that are meant to be found. But here is the short list of people who look more or less human with Ozy as wolf.

More human -

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Feb 2014, 07:01:51

I got nothing. Going back to my default Visigoth.

HH, I usually do like to lead out with an early vote; timing's been awful for me this game (the difference you're seeing is probably more in the time of my votes, not the placement). And given that I was calling out the huge number of singletons, I was intentionally jumping on as a second vote (both days) in an effort to consolidate so that we get actual data. I think the wolves were intentionally pushing as many singletons as possible, which is why I specifically voted for dfer yesterday: at the time, he was the last person to create a singleton that already had a vote. I need to revisit more of the Day 1 voting to see what I can find there, but that's what I'm suspicious of right now.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 26 Feb 2014, 07:27:30

Hibbity jibbity Visigoth.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 07:55:38

Lunch Break means Current Vote Tally:

Visigoth - 2 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4
Clearasday - 1 - Admetus
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - Nitestorm
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
Smirker - 1 - San
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 26 Feb 2014, 09:02:13

For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 09:25:35

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I got nothing. Going back to my default Visigoth.

HH, I usually do like to lead out with an early vote; timing's been awful for me this game (the difference you're seeing is probably more in the time of my votes, not the placement). And given that I was calling out the huge number of singletons, I was intentionally jumping on as a second vote (both days) in an effort to consolidate so that we get actual data. I think the wolves were intentionally pushing as many singletons as possible, which is why I specifically voted for dfer yesterday: at the time, he was the last person to create a singleton that already had a vote. I need to revisit more of the Day 1 voting to see what I can find there, but that's what I'm suspicious of right now.

(( You also called out Ozy before anyone else for not giving the "consolidation" speech, which had me backing off upon rereading. And because Ozy is a wolf, it's entirely possible that EVERY wolf cast the 2nd vote on a player on Day 1. I think there's at least one or two more that did, just to push humans out of that tie at 1 in the hopes of seeing them get moved up to 3+ votes ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 09:37:45

Meta4 wrote:Hibbity jibbity Visigoth.

(( Man, am I glad Okaros isn't playing this game. He'd be all "Day 2, Meta4 jumped onto CAD right after Ozy to push him ahead to 3 votes, and today he jumped onto Visigoth right after DOM to make him a contender. He's totally a wolf!"

And then some Vig will come out of nowhere and shoot FurinMirado, and we'd be left without a GM. ))

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 26 Feb 2014, 09:42:06

This is an update from WZZZ Management
We would like to apologize again for the behavious of our former Station Manager. We would like to address the numerous rumors being posted to our Facebook page that claim he was last seen entering the Granite Obelisk behind the Dunkin' Doughnuts on Poplar Avenue, and remind everyone that there is no Poplar Avenue in Night Vale, and Dunkin' Doughnuts has been illegal here since 1886.

Twelve, Fifteen, Fifteen, Eleven, Nine, Fourteen, Seven
Six, Fifteen, Eighteen
Eight, Nine, Four, Four, Five, Fourteen
Twenty, Eighteen, Twenty-one, Twenty, Eight, Nineteen.
Twenty, Eighteen, Twenty-five, One
Six, Fifteen, Eighteen, Twenty, Twenty-one, Fourteen, Five
Three, Fifteen, Fifteen, Eleven, Nine, Five.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 26 Feb 2014, 09:56:29

Hellheart wrote:
Meta4 wrote:Hibbity jibbity Visigoth.

(( Man, am I glad Okaros isn't playing this game. He'd be all "Day 2, Meta4 jumped onto CAD right after Ozy to push him ahead to 3 votes, and today he jumped onto Visigoth right after DOM to make him a contender. He's totally a wolf!"

And then some Vig will come out of nowhere and shoot FurinMirado, and we'd be left without a GM. ))

Good thing you're here to say it for him, then. ;)

Edit to add: I'm not sure if this is the place to ask (should it go in rules/clarifications?), but I also didn't want it to seem like I'm hiding the query: as Hellheart was re-added to the game to replace stigmata, does that mean he inherits stigmata's yet-unknown role, or does Hellheart retain the role he previously had (known to all)? The former makes more sense, but I didn't know for certain how this worked. I apologize if this is already a well-established precedent for everyone.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 10:27:11

(( Early on players are sometimes subbed in because the Perpetual In thread can sometimes lead to what happened to Stigmata. I have Stigmata's role.

The vote below has nothing to do with this query, just an odd coincidence. ))

Folks keep talking about what happened yesterday. Kid can't follow any of it. Thinks somebody goaded the Sheriff's men into dragging him off.

Shady man gives him some sort of cookie. Kid's not the sort to turn down a free meal, but he don't know who to trust. Kid crushes the cookie. Finds a paper inside. Only thing on it is a name: RETRACTED was That PJ. Kid don't think about it too hard. It's the ballot he'd have casted anyhow.
Last edited by Hellheart on 26 Feb 2014, 14:25:50, edited 1 time in total.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 26 Feb 2014, 10:39:25

Hellheart wrote:(( Early on players are sometimes subbed in because the Perpetual In thread can sometimes lead to what happened to Stigmata. I have Stigmata's role.

The vote below has nothing to do with this query, just an odd coincidence. ))

Hah! No worries. I figure the vote has more to do with:

1. The first time you indirectly raised suspicion about me:
Hellheart wrote:I just thought it was interesting that my tone read matched Ryvvn's read on two consecutive days.

Bolds mine. Since by virtue of exclusion, I was the other vote Ryvvn cast.

2. The second time you indirectly raised suspicion about me:
Hellheart wrote:(( You also called out Ozy before anyone else for not giving the "consolidation" speech, which had me backing off upon rereading. And because Ozy is a wolf, it's entirely possible that EVERY wolf cast the 2nd vote on a player on Day 1. I think there's at least one or two more that did, just to push humans out of that tie at 1 in the hopes of seeing them get moved up to 3+ votes ))

Again, bolds mine. This subset includes me.

3. Possible retaliation for leading to your early demise (though I doubt this is a serious motivation).

So, I expected this.

And though it won't change anyone's mind, for posterity: I'm sorry, you're wrong. I'm not a wolf. Just not a particularly good player.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 10:48:42

(( Indeed. It's not a retaliation vote, just following up on my tone read for now. The justification for your Day 1 vote felt really odd to me, especially following up ICB who said not to follow him.

There's another player I'd rather vote for, but I want to see how the voting record develops from here first. If I change my vote it'll be well before EOD. ))

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 26 Feb 2014, 10:52:40

Hellheart wrote:(( Indeed. It's not a retaliation vote, just following up on my tone read for now. The justification for your Day 1 vote felt really odd to me, especially following up ICB who said not to follow him.

There's another player I'd rather vote for, but I want to see how the voting record develops from here first. If I change my vote it'll be well before EOD. ))

The justification for Day 1 should feel odd, because it was entirely baseless. But so was every other option.

I'm in similar shoes. Nitestorm is an aggravatingly random element, but as a random element, is essentially a non-vote (especially if I remain the only one suspect of rampant randomness). If nobody else feels likewise, I will probably cast a more productive vote at another individual I suspect.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Feb 2014, 11:10:27

That PJ wrote:
Hellheart wrote:(( Indeed. It's not a retaliation vote, just following up on my tone read for now. The justification for your Day 1 vote felt really odd to me, especially following up ICB who said not to follow him.

The justification for Day 1 should feel odd, because it was entirely baseless. But so was every other option.

I'm in similar shoes. Nitestorm is an aggravatingly random element, but as a random element, is essentially a non-vote (especially if I remain the only one suspect of rampant randomness). If nobody else feels likewise, I will probably cast a more productive vote at another individual I suspect.

Oh, no, no, no - Nitestorm is definitely a ramapantly random variable. Thing is: that's what we expect from Nitestorm. The day he and RaveBomb and Mortus get together and draw up a new heat map and throw some pivot tables into the mix and generally start using heavy analysis is the day we string up the wolfy bastards.

I did feel that Ozy's vote on Nitestorm on Day 2 was a bit forced when I first read it, and I'm not sure if that's because Ozy was a wolf, or because Ozy & Nitestorm were both wolves. So, personally, Nitestorm's not cleared for me by any stretch, but I'm not necessarily getting a wolfy vibe from him either. But don't let that dissuade you if you're getting a wolfy vibe - I did better last game by just listening to other people's vibes than anything else.

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 26 Feb 2014, 12:02:35

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
That PJ wrote:

Oh, no, no, no - Nitestorm is definitely a ramapantly random variable. Thing is: that's what we expect from Nitestorm. The day he and RaveBomb and Mortus get together and draw up a new heat map and throw some pivot tables into the mix and generally start using heavy analysis is the day we string up the wolfy bastards.

I did feel that Ozy's vote on Nitestorm on Day 2 was a bit forced when I first read it, and I'm not sure if that's because Ozy was a wolf, or because Ozy & Nitestorm were both wolves. So, personally, Nitestorm's not cleared for me by any stretch, but I'm not necessarily getting a wolfy vibe from him either. But don't let that dissuade you if you're getting a wolfy vibe - I did better last game by just listening to other people's vibes than anything else.

Wait a minute, you want me to do analysis? That will only lead to chaos and confusion. Why would you want to impart such a terrible fate on us all? I get it, you want me to be your proxy in leading all the sheep astray, just like how Ozymandias controls you like a puppet even in his death. By extension, that means Ozymandias is trying to turn me into his mindless slave! :o

And no, I'm not a rampant random variable - there is a method to my madness. I just don't quite know what that method is. I do believe the first couple of steps are: Ozymandias, Ozymandias, and Ozymandias. I haven't thought past that, however. :ugeek:

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 26 Feb 2014, 12:06:28

That PJ wrote:

I would put up Redacted from That PJ as a potential candidate. For some reason he is going after me, which is usually an obvious sign of wolfy behavior.
Last edited by Nitestorm on 26 Feb 2014, 17:05:12, edited 1 time in total.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 12:31:21

Current Vote Tally:

Smirker - 2 - San, simple_simon
That PJ - 2 - stigmata 2.0, Nitestorm
Visigoth - 2 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4
Clearasday - 1 - Admetus
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 12:40:40

Nitestorm wrote:
That PJ wrote:

I would put up That PJ as a potential candidate. For some reason he is going after me, which is usually an obvious sign of wolfy behavior.

(( I personally think that you're much more fun to have around than any of the other "random" players save Ravebomb when he's "Ravebomb being Ravebomb", and you post enough that players can potentially read you as human in ways besides your vote.

You're also predictable in some limited ways. For example, the new "oh God it hurts my eyes" voting color doesn't surprise me at all :lol: ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 12:50:42

FurinMirado wrote:That PJ - 2 - stigmata 2.0

Stigmata 2.0: Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.

Return to “Night Vale”