Day 3: Potholes

"We have nothing to fear except ourselves. We are unholy, awful people. Fear ourselves with silence. Look down, Night Vale. Look down and forget what you've done." -Town Motto
Visigoth
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 3: Potholes

Postby Visigoth » 26 Feb 2014, 14:22:36

Let's try Admetus today. About the only reason is the somewhat odd justification of his vote yesterday on Smirker at one point. Quoting stuff from Day 0 and 1 seems a little much especially Day 0 since that's pretty much a free-for-all in postings.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 14:24:46

(( Smirker unless Zark decides he's probably not a wolf, maybe still even then.

I see eerie parallels between those interactions with Ozy and what happened in The Wolfing Game between Ozy and Dferrantino. ))

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 26 Feb 2014, 14:41:31

BlindSniper83
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 26 Feb 2014, 14:58:41

Catching up now that I'm home...

Ryvvn wrote:Khoshekh is concerned that the one he has chosen to pursue today can't even recall who had died just the night prior... simply a forgetful human, or a cunning canine facade; Khoshekh has doubts, though not so strong as to take his eyes off this one yet.

This is amusing to me because the GM made the same mistake in the opening post. Is Omega so forgettable?

Visigoth wrote:Let's try Admetus today. About the only reason is the somewhat odd justification of his vote yesterday on Smirker at one point. Quoting stuff from Day 0 and 1 seems a little much especially Day 0 since that's pretty much a free-for-all in postings.

Shrug. It's a natural byproduct of me going back to make sure I wasn't getting my Smirkers and Stigmatas mixed up, or some other confusion. Would it really have been "all good" if I made those same links on day 4? What else is there to go on Day 2 besides style reads?

Hellheart wrote:I see eerie parallels between those interactions with Ozy and what happened in The Wolfing Game between Ozy and Dferrantino.

That's what I was making references to yesterday and today. The plan was to start a fight between wolves intentionally, before waiting for the wagons to settle, but it fell pretty flat. It ended with both of them dead and the humans basically ignoring the analysis bait that was planted in the rest of the vote distribution. It doesn't seem like the kind of plan you go back and take a second try at.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 15:01:55

Current Vote Tally:

Admetus - 3 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth
Smirker - 3 - San, simple_simon, stigmata 2.0
Visigoth - 2 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4
BlindSniper83 - 1 - twdog
Clearasday - 1 - Admetus
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
sphenodont - 1 - rekard
That PJ - 1 - Nitestorm

((Someone might want to double-check this. The tracker is starting to go a bit weird.))

fuzzmz
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby fuzzmz » 26 Feb 2014, 15:03:41

Let's make things interesting and go with Visigoth, shall we? At least that's what the old woman that secretly lives in my house told me to vote. Or was it that I was supposed to vote for her? Not sure, but in anycase...

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 15:05:19

Admetus wrote:
Hellheart wrote:I see eerie parallels between those interactions with Ozy and what happened in The Wolfing Game between Ozy and Dferrantino.

That's what I was making references to yesterday and today. The plan was to start a fight between wolves intentionally, before waiting for the wagons to settle, but it fell pretty flat. It ended with both of them dead and the humans basically ignoring the analysis bait that was planted in the rest of the vote distribution. It doesn't seem like the kind of plan you go back and take a second try at.

(( That is exactly why I figure that you and Smirker can't both be wolves - either one or both of you are human. I don't see you signing off on that plan for the second time as a wolf. If there isn't a strong dissenting voice, though, I could easily see it happening again. It doesn't guarantee that a wolf dies, it muddies up the voting record somewhat, and if one of them gets lynched then the other skates by for at least awhile.

Not to mention that I could see the heat Ozymandias was going to get today a mile away regardless of what he did. DOM called him out as potentially a wolf halfway through Day 2, and that gained a surprising amount of traction considering it was for Ozymandias on Day 2. He probably could've lasted maybe 2 days before getting lynched, but the wolves would have to commit considerable voting resources to keeping him alive. I vaguely recall that same sort of situation leading to the Wolfing Game fight.

I think that the arguments for you being a wolf have more merit than in the Draker game, but you are straight-up more valuable as a human than Smirker is as a human. It's not a difficult choice for me. ))

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 15:25:45

Hellheart wrote:
Admetus wrote:

(( That is exactly why I figure that you and Smirker can't both be wolves - either one or both of you are human. I don't see you signing off on that plan for the second time as a wolf. If there isn't a strong dissenting voice, though, I could easily see it happening again. It doesn't guarantee that a wolf dies, it muddies up the voting record somewhat, and if one of them gets lynched then the other skates by for at least awhile.

Not to mention that I could see the heat Ozymandias was going to get today a mile away regardless of what he did. DOM called him out as potentially a wolf halfway through Day 2, and that gained a surprising amount of traction considering it was for Ozymandias on Day 2. He probably could've lasted maybe 2 days before getting lynched, but the wolves would have to commit considerable voting resources to keeping him alive. I vaguely recall that same sort of situation leading to the Wolfing Game fight.

I think that the arguments for you being a wolf have more merit than in the Draker game, but you are straight-up more valuable as a human than Smirker is as a human. It's not a difficult choice for me. ))

Well, that's a bit cold...

*shrug* reviewing the info .

But from this post saying that one or both of us is human doesn't exactly have any more weight than 'one or both are wolves'. I know what I am, but apart from Zark, the rest of you are all suspicious. I was hoping that the speculation on Omega would be sufficient to buy him a day - but Ozy probably set that maul vote up long before he was dealt with.

Personally, I'm suspicious of Admetus; but I'm giving him ( a slight, if reasonable - IMO) benefit of the doubt at the moment and weigh his vote record later accordingly. Also, I felt that the Ozy/Nitestorm bickering was at a very low ebb ; but that may be because Ozy was removed so soon. I'll ponder that later if it seems applicable.

As for current votes; while I'd rather not be among the leaders of the voting; it beats the hell out of only 1 bandwagon -- or the D1 over-distributed bandwagon-a-ganza...

*intern Smirker checks the clock and sits down comfortably as he reads a little and keeps half-an-eye on the room*

[e]: HH, your above inference on DOM calling out Ozy is wrong; while he made a statement about Ozy's lack of speech -- Omegais the one who first called out Ozy - and very strongly too considering the seer was already known as dead.
Last edited by Smirker on 26 Feb 2014, 15:38:04, edited 1 time in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 15:37:14

(( Admetus is better able to clear himself or at least appear more human via posting, simply because he posts so much about a variety of topics and uses sound logic as a human. The majority of players can't dig themselves out of an early hole so it simply becomes a matter of time. Not many actions are so pro-village that people won't discount them if they already think you might be a wolf.

So simply put, if he's a human he might be in mislynch danger now, but several days down the line he can bring himself out of that. I haven't seen that from you; on the contrary, I have seen a couple of games where the wolves intentionally keep you alive because they know you'll be a valuable mislynch target later on. ))

(( That's not meant to be insulting. The wolves have wanted to keep me alive for the same reasons in probably half of my games. It's difficult to bring yourself off of people's wolf radar. ))

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 15:43:25

Hellheart wrote:(( Admetus is better able to clear himself or at least appear more human via posting, simply because he posts so much about a variety of topics and uses sound logic as a human. The majority of players can't dig themselves out of an early hole so it simply becomes a matter of time. Not many actions are so pro-village that people won't discount them if they already think you might be a wolf.

So simply put, if he's a human he might be in mislynch danger now, but several days down the line he can bring himself out of that. I haven't seen that from you; on the contrary, I have seen a couple of games where the wolves intentionally keep you alive because they know you'll be a valuable mislynch target later on. ))

Relax man. I was just ribbing you. ;) Twas just a cold statement. I'm well aware of my track record (of making it the distance in the game. But it's a hell of a lot more fun for me to not worry about that and be myself than to try and just skulk when I don't have to) due to all the work Cecil has me doing down at the station.

[[ Besides, people accuse me of being too quiet when I don't talk a lot; or too much when I manage more time to play - so, since it's a damned if you do or dont.. I just quit worrying about it and try to make a good impact on the game. Helping to remove a Wolf VIGI Ozy definitely falls into the category for my own sense of 'personal victory' -- not to the level of Nitestorm's sense f victory though, I'm sure. ;) ]]

[[I thought the intern thing was amusing; then afterwords I saw how someone (Omega?) commented that Interns don't last long -- so it struck me as even more appropriate. :) ]]

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Feb 2014, 16:13:01

Khoshekh rests his head and remembers a time when he and his brother once shared a saucer of milk... the peaceful, though undeniably falsified thought -- originally implanted by station management when Khoshekh first appeared, a panicked and frightened ball of fur suspended in this space -- causes Khoshekh to drift off, leaving his worries about this day behind him and to the minds of others.

((will be out drinking with my brother tonight, as has seemed to recently become our wednesday night tradition, so will not be present for eod))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 26 Feb 2014, 16:15:28

((for the new/returning players who think that may have been a mispost meant for the wolf thread, hellheart hellmata likes to keep tabs on me, plus I just think it polite to inform in such instances))

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 16:21:34

Ryvvn wrote:((for the new/returning players who think that may have been a mispost meant for the wolf thread, hellheart hellmata likes to keep tabs on me, plus I just think it polite to inform in such instances))

[[Did you vote?]]

[e]: Fixed - Reading failure on the vote history. :P

[[ [e2]: Fook, i just realized I screwed up and missed getting the kids to their class tonight... /facepalm Ah well.. ]]

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Feb 2014, 16:29:47

Do any of you remember Dave Thomas? I mean really remember him, not the bloated leviathan he became in the public spotlight?

Way back, there was this little thing called the Korean war. Now Dave was a lover, not a fighter, but more than a lover, he was a chef. At the outbreak of the Korean War in 1950, some of us built stills, did our best groucho impressions, and had wacky antics that seemed to drone on years longer than the war itself. Rather than waiting for the draft, he volunteered for the U.S. Army to have some choice in assignments.

Thomas requested the Cook's and Baker's School at Fort Benning, Georgia. He was sent overseas to Germany as a mess sergeant and was responsible for the daily meals of 2000 soldiers, rising to the rank of staff sergeant. After his discharge (eww) in 1953, Thomas returned to Fort Wayne and the "Hobby House" (they never did find the body) .

Like Ozy, the man never fired a shot, yet killed untold masses with his Baconator. This is not his story. This is the story of Admetus.

Famed in song, story, and cautionary tale, he was also the star of made for TV move "I had a few interesting exchanges with Ozy, and now Zark is looking at me funny". It won several major awards - I believe Sphenodont could supply the exact number, but you're changing the subject.

Bottom line, the exchanges with Ozy were interesting, and had me looking at him funny yesterday. I've spoilered his text from today below:

[+] he seemed lost and afraid without his guide dog
Admetus wrote:Ozy tends to bend the rules, so there are probably some conclusions in here that are meant to be found. But here is the short list of people who look more or less human with Ozy as wolf.

More human -
ICB and rekard from Day 1 (wolves probably spread out given final distribution)
Omega for making Ozy a contender Day 2
Smirker

Slightly more wolfy - people that pushed up ties to Ozy
That PJ
Meta4 (since dferrantino isn't an option)
Visigoth
CAD

Much more wolfy - "saved" Ozy
Admetus

I'm leaving CAD as slightly more wolfy because I don't think Ozy's vote for him was threatening.

And in yet another game I find myself to be the best candidate to be a wolf, though of course, I am not. I even defended Ozy in my post against Smirker. My only defense is that if I were a wolf, Ozy would probably have prevented me from being so naive. Ozy knows he's going to die in any game, so an obvious "save Ozy" vote would always come back to haunt me.

My vote will go for Clearasday, for now. Out of what I have here, it seems the most likely wolf vote position that isn't me.

Now let's look at the timetable:

Subject: Day 2: Goldfish
Ozymandias @ 25 Feb 2014, 16:47 EST wrote:I think the nine singletons (or eight, depending on how you count Visigoth) were mainly a consequence of (a) so many players not voting on Day 1, and (b) the to-my-mind irrational widespread belief that players shouldn't do everything they can to defend themselves at EOD. That's something I've never understood.

Anyway, regardless of the absolute numbers, there was still a 6-way tie at the end of the day, so there should be plenty of useful information to analyze once we find out more about those bandwagons.

Emphasis mine. It's an interesting comment from who we now know to be a wolf vigilante, and raises a more important question: "What kind of a town do we live in where the dead won't remain silent?" Hush man.

Now, where was I. Ah yes - the vote count prior to the Ozy-incident. It was a mandius I think. anywhoo:

Admetus @ 25 Feb 2014, 19:36 EST wrote:I'll vote for (b)(color=#FF0040)Smirker(/color)(/b)

Clearasday @ 25 Feb 2014, 19:42 EST wrote:Interesting that so many people decide to vote for me when I have a penalty vote. You wouldnt happen to jave thought you could take advantage of me would you Ozy? You really deserve a vote however I dont think (b)(color=#0000FF)dferrantino(/color)(/b) should so easily get away from following onto me either.

7-zark-7 @ 25 Feb 2014, 19:48 EST wrote:(b)(color=#FF0000)Vig shot Ozymandius(/color)(/b)

I looked upon his works and despaired. Or perhaps it was just indigestion. Either way, there would be more... in a bit,

7z7

And the vote record when the glowing lights appeared over the Arby's sign and took Ozy to his everlasting reward:
Smirker - 4 - simple_simon, That PJ, Ozymandias, Admetus
dferrantino - 3 - Iron Clad Burrito, DastardlyOldMan, Clearasday
Clearasday - 3 - Penalty x1, meta4, dferrantino
Ozymandias - 3 - Nitestorm, Omega, Smirker
stigmata - 2 - Penalty x1, Rictus
7-zark-7 - 1 - San
BlindSniper83 - 1 - rekard
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz
simple_simon - 1 - Visigoth
That PJ - 1 - Ryvvn
Visigoth - 1 - Admetus
Rictus - 1 - Penalty x1
twdog - 1 - Penalty x1

Yet to Vote: 7-zark-7, Blindsniper83, sphenodont, stigmata, twdog

Now Ozy was moving his vote around a fair bit more-than-is-normal for him. And he made several comments about being willing and able to defend himself at the end of the day. And Admetus had some thoughts on how the replacement vig was more likely human than wolf:

Admetus wrote:I'm concerned about this promotion last night. Can I even say that? Am I going to get "detained for questioning?"

We've been told there's no promise that the Sheriff will deputize replacements, nor re-authorize existing deputies, but this one got replaced in a hurry. I just can't imagine the Sheriff would even consider giving his blessing to a furry interloper.

(( The suggestion that the new Vigilante could be a wolf after losing both a human Seer and a human Vigilante sounds absurd. Either that's an exaggeration for dramatic effect, or perhaps all dying, unspent Vigilantes will be replaced this way, and it was the rules which were the misdirection. But either way, I don't expect FurinMirado will want to clarify... ))

I suspect Professor Plum, in the billiard room, with Miss Scarlett. (wrong game). Okay, I suspect Admetus was straight man to Ozy, setting him up to be the successor to their fortunate-for-arsenio-hall-fans maul of MEM. He could "prove his humanity" by acting in his own self defense near end of day if someone sniped him & handwave away anything more than an outing from Mem's real successor (Me, I did not start the game as a Vig) without answering if he started as a regular or had the special olympics thrust upon him (ew, just... no).

I voted on Smirker before getting the reveal to see what would develop, & still suspect it's of interest... but I'd rather see the secret police (strong enough for a man, but made for a woman) investigate Mr Rodger's neighborhood for a change.

Less in a bit (gods that was exhausting to type, & it's been a long day).

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 16:41:33

Zark wrote:(Me, I did not start the game as a Vig) without answering if he started as a regular or had the special olympics thrust upon him (ew, just... no).

(( Oh my fucking God. I swear I was going to say near EOD "I bet Zark got my Vig shot" because of the sentence in your Vig shot post about being given a chance to find out.

I have the biggest smile on my face for getting that. ))

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Feb 2014, 16:48:20

((Golly bob howdy. I refrained from voting early today since I knew I'd be home and conscious near EOD. We had soccer practice for the last 2 days, and at the end of yesterday I was asked to be the coach since the other one quit. 8YO girls. yay. this will be awesome. And the first game is Saturday.))

Hokay. I spent part of the day doing some analysis, but can't come to any good conclusions. I don't quite know how to interpret Day 1. Going to have to spend some more time on that.

In the meantime, Zarkowski's pushed Admetus in the lead. I don't hate that vote, but I think he's lonely at the top and needs a little company. I'm going to put visigoth in the room with him and see what develops.

yeah, I went there.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 16:49:06

Related to the current discussion...

*Inern Smirker brings Zark a giant Sundae complete with Brownie and more whip cream than you can shake a Ryvvn at*

You earned it.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 26 Feb 2014, 16:54:50

Admetus wrote:Okay, I suspect Admetus was straight man to Ozy, setting him up to be the successor to their fortunate-for-arsenio-hall-fans maul of MEM. He could "prove his humanity" by acting in his own self defense near end of day if someone sniped him & handwave away anything more than an outing from Mem's real successor (Me, I did not start the game as a Vig) without answering if he started as a regular or had the special olympics thrust upon him (ew, just... no).

I'm honored you think me capable of such an elaborate ruse. In your hypothetical, shouldn't I have voted for Ozy, though, and let him shoot whoever? Voting for Smirker makes Ozy's shot not even happen.

Also, just a quibble, you were successor to Hellheart, not MEM.

All elaborate hypotheticals aside, this will be a mislynch, but an understandable one. My vote right before your shot looks like textbook wolf intervention.

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 26 Feb 2014, 17:04:45

Admetus wrote:
Admetus wrote:Okay, I suspect Admetus was straight man to Ozy, setting him up to be the successor to their fortunate-for-arsenio-hall-fans maul of MEM. He could "prove his humanity" by acting in his own self defense near end of day if someone sniped him & handwave away anything more than an outing from Mem's real successor (Me, I did not start the game as a Vig) without answering if he started as a regular or had the special olympics thrust upon him (ew, just... no).

I'm honored you think me capable of such an elaborate ruse. In your hypothetical, shouldn't I have voted for Ozy, though, and let him shoot whoever? Voting for Smirker makes Ozy's shot not even happen.

Also, just a quibble, you were successor to Hellheart, not MEM.

All elaborate hypotheticals aside, this will be a mislynch, but an understandable one. My vote right before your shot looks like textbook wolf intervention.

You mentioned Ozy? I think something wolfish is going on with Admetus....

We better all be on our guard. :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail:

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 26 Feb 2014, 17:06:31

Actually, we're tied now, I think. And I do think Visigoth is a reasonable candidate.

pre-post edit -- Then Nitestorm.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 17:08:37

Slightly less than an hour to go:

Admetus - 5 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm
Visigoth - 5 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4, fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus
Smirker - 3 - San, simple_simon, stigmata 2.0
BlindSniper83 - 1 - twdog
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

Has not Voted (4): Clearasday, Rictus, Smirker, sphenodont

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 17:09:04

(( I think Visigoth is the most likely to be human among the 3. If anyone is voted up to re-tie with Admetus, I think it should be Smirker. Wolves could easily be trying to leave him lagging behind a newly-christened two-wagon race. ))

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 17:09:55

[[ I'm half-tempted to go ahead and vote. But honestly i'm wavering on Admetus; as I can see his potential side of his and the overall behavior with Ozy strikes me that he's most likely being used as the woves as a distraction. *shrug* or maybe I'm being too sympathetic again. Mostly though I'm curious to see who people vote for.

sphenodont strikes me as more likely to be human and Visigoth seems slightly more likely to be a human too.

ThatPJ actually makes me very suspicious; but he is new and obviously loves the skin the game is in; so I'd hate to vote for him quite this early. ]]

*Intern Smirker gives the matter a little more thought as he eats a slice of Rico's Pizza*

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 17:11:37

Actual vote count. Yay for automated tallies!

Admetus - 5 - Ryvvn, Blindsniper, Visigoth, Zark, Nitestorm
Visigoth - 5 - DOM, Meta4, fuzzmz, ICB, Admetus
Smirker - 3 - San, Simple_Simon, Hellheart
sphenodont - 1 - rekard
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
Blindsniper - 1 - twdog
That PJ - 0 - Hellheart, Nitestorm
CAD - 0 - Admetus
ICB - 0 - Nitestorm

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 26 Feb 2014, 17:12:58

I was suspicious of Visigoth's Day 1 vote. If I have to choose between him and Smirker to share the coin flip with, I'd pick Visigoth.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 17:13:28

Sparse off-wagon votes suggest that either a wolf is/was in trouble, or the wolves are fucking with me.

Equal chance of either given last game :lol:

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Feb 2014, 17:16:53

Hellheart wrote:(( I think Visigoth is the most likely to be human among the 3. If anyone is voted up to re-tie with Admetus, I think it should be Smirker. Wolves could easily be trying to leave him lagging behind a newly-christened two-wagon race. ))

You know, I could support that, but the last time I sheeped off your lead it led to disaster.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 17:18:57

Admetus wrote:I was suspicious of Visigoth's Day 1 vote. If I have to choose between him and Smirker to share the coin flip with, I'd pick Visigoth.

Fair enough. You're a better wolf-hunter than I am, so I can respect that. Late wagons, at least in recent games, have been human-driven instead of wolf driven so there's that as well. I certainly am not sure enough to bet my life on Smirker's wolfishness or Visigoth's humanity.

Oh come now ICB, it worked out eventually! The Neutralizer didn't have a chance to shoot the Seer, so you had to shoot a power role just to keep up with appearances.
Last edited by Hellheart on 26 Feb 2014, 17:21:09, edited 1 time in total.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Feb 2014, 17:20:03

Hellheart wrote:Oh come now ICB, it worked out eventually!

Oh sure, after I murdered 2 humans, including the GA. :p

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 26 Feb 2014, 17:21:01

Hmm. I was comfortable with the Admetus and Smirker wagons, but this wagon for Visigoth seems iffy, especially with various votes being either sort of random or just not having a reason for the vote. Hmmm. I wonder.

ICB, remember the rule: Do the opposite of what Hellheart says.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 17:22:08

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:
Hellheart wrote:(( I think Visigoth is the most likely to be human among the 3. If anyone is voted up to re-tie with Admetus, I think it should be Smirker. Wolves could easily be trying to leave him lagging behind a newly-christened two-wagon race. ))

You know, I could support that, but the last time I sheeped off your lead it led to disaster.

Yea, I have to keep reminding myself that HH is completely unproved (as he is Stigmata 2.0 - now with posting power!). So, i'm going to base more of my impressions on him on his vote record and if I detect any erroneous manipulations in his logic.

I don't see anything unusual in Visi's D1 vote - he usually goes his own way for a while. The current situation is not cool IMO. I'm less inclined to vote on any of us 3 leaders. :P Hard to see it being likely I can help with a different useful bandwagon.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 17:25:29

rekard wrote:Hmm. I was comfortable with the Admetus and Smirker wagons, but this wagon for Visigoth seems iffy, especially with various votes being either sort of random or just not having a reason for the vote. Hmmm. I wonder.

You should never have been on my list of "players most likely to nominate MEM as a Day 1 'unimportant player' maul," that was solely Ozymandias' initiative so nobody else on that list could possibly be a wolf, and you should be kept alive all game.

I really would like to be able to read Smirker from posting. Visigoth is a brick wall when it comes to being tone-read, but I agree that his Day 1 vote seems like normal Visigoth. I stand by my choice of Smirker, but if I'm getting resistance from more experienced players I don't think people should follow me without a more compelling argument.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Feb 2014, 17:28:19

Admetus wrote:Also, just a quibble, you were successor to Hellheart, not MEM.

Whoops, I really have to learn to be more careful. So noted. Thanks Hellheart.

Admetus wrote:All elaborate hypotheticals aside

uh huh (Zark is currently working his way through a large ice-cream sunday, having never learned not to talk or at least not make agreeable sounding noises with his mouth full)

Admetus wrote:this will be a mislynch, but an understandable one.

hmm? (Zark pauses briefly to wonder why someone would shake a Ryvvn at his dessert, then continues)

Admetus wrote:My vote right before your shot looks like textbook wolf intervention.

(Zark wipes his mouth, and takes a drink of water) Apologies if I'm wrong - I think it gives us info to find out. Would you care for some ice cream? There's... well there's a lot.

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 17:32:14

Actually, I forgot that Visigoth had retracted his vote and was sitting on it for a total bullshit reason. I don't recall that being normal for Visigoth.

Still not switching, but I can see why I'm getting resistance now.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Feb 2014, 17:33:11

rekard wrote:Hmm. I was comfortable with the Admetus and Smirker wagons, but this wagon for Visigoth seems iffy, especially with various votes being either sort of random or just not having a reason for the vote. Hmmm. I wonder.

...which would mean voting for visigoth. Which you don't like, either.

I'm totally off my game right now, but I think no matter how the day turns out we'll end up with something nice and analysis-able.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 17:33:48

Hellheart wrote:I really would like to be able to read Smirker from posting. Visigoth is a brick wall when it comes to being tone-read, but I agree that his Day 1 vote seems like normal Visigoth. I stand by my choice of Smirker, but if I'm getting resistance from more experienced players I don't think people should follow me without a more compelling argument.

[[I'm sure you'll get it in time. I just need to post more often. As the games progress I hate how silent the threads get. But, that's just my own pet peeve/playstyle. ]]

I'm trusting my gut more than anything else; and while I hate (this is the - following my gut part - ) and making a non-productive bandwagon vote - I'm not inclined to vote for the three current bandwagon leaders. :(

So, Blindsniper83, because I cannot bring myself to vote on Rico's.... and I'm curious to see if Nitestorm does anything else. (Would vote on Nite, but considering I'm also suspicious of PJ - who is voting for her - I'm cautious about it.)
Last edited by Smirker on 26 Feb 2014, 17:35:54, edited 1 time in total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 26 Feb 2014, 17:35:35

Twenty, Twenty-three, Fifteen
Six, Fifteen, Twenty-one, Eighteen
Nineteen, Nine, Twenty-four
Five, Nine, Seven , Eight, Twenty.

Twenty-three, Eight, Fifteen
Nineteen, Eight, One, Twelve, Twelve
Twenty-three, Five
Five, Twelve, Nine, Thirteen, Nine, Fourteen, One, Twenty, Five?

This is an update from WZZZ Management
WZZZ would like to welcome our new station manager, Thad Twelve. Thad is new to Night Vale, but is exciting to take on his duties at this dynamic and exciting station.

Four, Fifteen, Thirteen, One, Fourteen, Four, Sixteen, Ten
One, Eighteen, Five, Six, Nine, Nineteen, Eight, Twenty-five, Nine
Nineteen, One, Twenty-five.

Two, Twenty-one, Twenty, Fourteen, Five, Nine, Twenty, Eight, Five, Eighteen
Fifteen, Six, Twenty, Eight, Five, Thirteen, Nine, Nineteen
One, Twenty, Eighteen, Nine, Nineteen, Eleven, Twenty, Fifteen, Four, One, Twenty-five...

[+] the essentials
DOM and PJ are fishy I say
But neither of them is at risk today.

I personally feel Smirker oft dies too soon
So I did not vote for him on day two.
(hey, it's as close as I can get with this little time)
Today, I think it's a better shot
Given the other choices we've got.

Nine, Sixteen, Five, Eighteen, Nineteen, Fifteen, Fourteen, One, Twelve, Twelve, Twenty-five
Six, Five, Five, Twelve, Nineteen, Thirteen, Nine, Eighteen, Eleven, Five, Eighteen
Fifteen, Six, Twenty, Four, Nine, Five, Nineteen, Twenty, Fifteen, Fifteen, Nineteen, Fifteen, Fifteen, Fourteen.

Nineteen, Fifteen, Nine, Four, Nine, Four, Fourteen, Fifteen, Twenty
Twenty-two, Fifteen, Twenty, Five, Six, Fifteen, Eighteen, Eight, Nine, Thirteen
Fifteen, Fourteen, Four, One, Twenty-five, Twenty, Twenty-three, Fifteen.

Eight, Five, Twenty-five, Nine, Twenty, Nineteen
One, Nineteen, Three, Twelve, Fifteen, Nineteen, Five
One, Nineteen, Nine, Three, One, Fourteen, Seven , Five, Twenty, Twenty-three, Nine, Twenty, Eight, Twenty, Eight, Nine, Nineteen
Twelve, Nine, Twenty, Twenty, Twelve, Five
Twenty, Nine, Thirteen, Five.

Twenty, Fifteen, Four, One, Twenty-five, Nine, Twenty, Eight, Nine, Fourteen, Eleven, Nine, Twenty, Nineteen, One
Two, Five, Twenty, Twenty, Five, Eighteen, Nineteen, Eight, Fifteen, Twenty.

Seven , Nine, Twenty-two, Five, Fourteen, Twenty, Eight, Five, Fifteen, Twenty, Eight, Five, Eighteen, Three, Eight, Fifteen, Nine, Three, Five, Nineteen
Twenty-three, Five, Twenty-two, Five, Seven , Fifteen, Twenty...

Smirker

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 17:36:36

Current Vote Tally:

Admetus - 5 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm
Smirker - 4 - San, simple_simon, stigmata 2.0, sphenodont
BlindSniper83 - 2 - twdog, Smirker
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

Has not Voted (2): Clearasday, Rictus

Edit: Looks like we broke the TWG tracker. I'll do a manual edit.

Edit2: That should be right. I'll have to double check at EOD.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 17:40:11

sphenodont wrote:DOM and PJ are fishy I say
But neither of them is at risk today.

(( Disagree about DOM, agree about PJ. Might have pushed hard for him if he were one of these three, but it'd never happen because it's too early.

Stigmata/Hellheart has a vote for Smirker, not Smirker. Also, this is my Smirker part of the tally:

Smirker - 4 - San, Simple_Simon, Hellheart, sphenodont. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 26 Feb 2014, 17:41:34, edited 1 time in total.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 26 Feb 2014, 17:41:00

I don't have the memory of a goldfish.

I remember the last time someone's messages were encoded all game.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 17:42:00

Wow, that thing is wonky. I didn't vote for myself. but I see it has the correct count for blindsniper83...

What am I thinking? of course it's wonky! This is Night vale! We should just be glad that the list doesn't eat more people or leak with radioactive goo...

[[ and thanks for the spoiler spheno - i figured out the cyper - but way too lazy to work it -- although I briefly looked for an online converter]]

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 17:43:04

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:I don't have the memory of a goldfish.

I remember the last time someone's messages were encoded all game.

I remember the last time Sphenodont RP'd something. His avatar was pizza, and he was a wolf. Of course the latter is almost a given - he'd be a good candidate simply because the Wolf RAND loves him so much.

Accurate vote count, AFAIK:

Admetus - 5 - Ryvvn, Blindsniper, Visigoth, Zark, Nitestorm
Visigoth - 5 - DOM, Meta4, fuzzmz, ICB, Admetus
Smirker - 4 - San, Simple_Simon, Hellheart, sphenodont
sphenodont - 1 - rekard
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
Blindsniper - 2 - twdog, Smirker
That PJ - 0 - Hellheart, Nitestorm
CAD - 0 - Admetus
ICB - 0 - Nitestorm

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 26 Feb 2014, 17:47:32

Let's see if Admetus is a furry. R'hllor chooses you.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 17:48:23

Current Vote Tally:

Admetus - 6 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm, rekard
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ

Has not Voted (2): Clearasday, Rictus

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 26 Feb 2014, 17:54:43

Visigoth without even reading the thread. I like ties though.
Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 18:02:04

And so it ends:

Admetus - 6 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm, rekard
Visigoth - 6 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4, fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus, Rictus
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ

Has not Voted (1): Clearasday

Return to “Night Vale”