Day 4: Rain

"We have nothing to fear except ourselves. We are unholy, awful people. Fear ourselves with silence. Look down, Night Vale. Look down and forget what you've done." -Town Motto
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 4: Rain

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 18:08:02

Maybe this time, if you turn around quickly enough, you will see it before-
Welcome to Night Vale.

The City Council wishes to inform the Night Vale community that it will be raining …blood starting at 2pm and not stopping until 7pm. This is being done in an effort to sate the horrifying, eyeless creatures that live in Night Vale’s sewers. Residents are encouraged to pull their cars into their garages and wait until tomorrow to hang their laundry. They are also encouraged to bring inside lawn ornaments, pets, and well really anything you don’t want soaked in gallons of…probably non-human…blood. Do you know how hard it is to get dried blood off of a lawn gnome? It’s not easy, believe me.

Ah, and bringing me my coffee is Kari, our new intern. She moved here from our rival town, Desert Bluffs, when it became obvious that it was awful there…just awful. She certainly is a bright young woman and I’m sure she will go places.

Speaking of going places, Visigoth was carried away by the Sheriff’s Secret Police yesterday and boy was he upset. He is clearly in need of re-education. Our hearts go out to his family.

Big Rico is announcing that he will be opening a tent at the festival where he will be serving up slices of his famous pizza. No one does a slice like Big Rico. No one. To get to the tent, simply find a vague feeling of being insignificant in the universe and follow it. His tent will be the one that shimmers and turns invisible every time the sun is obscured by a cloud.

Oh, we are now being visited by a member of the Sheriff’s Secret Police. I can tell he is a member of the Sheriff’s Secret Police because of his long leather duster and bandolier of knives. But he’s…he’s covered in blood! What catastrophic series of events is unfold-

Ah, of course. Yes, I see. He is reminding me that it is raining blood outside. He wishes me to inform you all that Visigoth was one of those people calling themselves “Werewolves”, which I would like to remind everyone, do not exist. When put under invasive interrogation he suddenly donned a really bad werewolf costume, like, out of one of those cheap, fly-by-night costume shops you sometimes see around Halloween, and tried to bite people. He was pacified and anyone wishing to attend the secret funeral pyre should ask themselves why they want to know and shouldn’t they be moving along now.

Kari is now handing me a fax from one of our listeners. The body of San has been found facedown in the street and covered in blood. When San did not move he was flipped over and found to be stone dead. Oddly, his body was found to be completely devoid of blood. The blood on his skin and clothing were from the government-mandated blood rain of this afternoon and early evening.

Blood is important, Night Vale. Blood is life. Blood courses within you, searching for a route of escape. But until then good night, Night Vale, good night.

Visigoth – Lynched – Werewolf
San - Mauled - Resident

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 4: Rain

Postby FurinMirado » 26 Feb 2014, 18:09:50

Admetus - 6 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm, rekard
Visigoth - 6 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4, fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus, Rictus
Smirker - 4 - San, simple_simon, stigmata 2.0, sphenodont
BlindSniper83 - 2 - twdog, Smirker
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ

Has not Voted (1): Clearasday

Clearasday will have 2 Penalty Votes today. One more missed vote and he will be removed from reality.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 18:36:43

*intern Smirker returns after having gotten some food for the cat. He reviews the results and his eyes slightly widen. Then he shakes his head slightly and mutters to himself "Yep, I was getting snowed" and then he brings Rictus a modestly sized Ice cream sundae.*

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 18:38:57

Apologies Smirker. At least I backed off once I got resistance.

The dumbest thing is that the person that mentioned that his retraction was odd and his reasoning was bullshit...was me.

But hey, at least I didn't cast a super-late vote on Admetus and then have egg on my face because Rictus likes ties.

Speaking of which, rekard, was it you or Ozymandias that first mentioned mauling MEM?

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 19:07:51

Not sure what you're apologizing for.. the vote? Er, it's in the past. If you are a wolf it was done maliciously; but the odds are that it wasn't malicious and so was made in good faith. Either way, you did what you thought you needed to do.

*Smirker trots off to sneak in some game time*

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 19:19:48

Smirker wrote:...

Not sure what you're apologizing for.. the vote? Er, it's in the past. If you are a wolf it was done maliciously; but the odds are that it wasn't malicious and so was made in good faith. Either way, you did what you thought you needed to do.

It wasn't malicious, but the way I worded it was completely unnecessary. I've had divided focus today since it's been lightning rounds into the simultaneous end of both a PvP and PvE event in MPQ, otherwise I probably catch how rude the initial statement was and soften it a bit. A lot of the things I say about other players, particularly about their play, has been coming out as way more critical/mean/cold than I intend it to be.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 19:42:40

Hellheart wrote:
Smirker wrote:...

It wasn't malicious, but the way I worded it was completely unnecessary. I've had divided focus today since it's been lightning rounds into the simultaneous end of both a PvP and PvE event in MPQ, otherwise I probably catch how rude the initial statement was and soften it a bit. A lot of the things I say about other players, particularly about their play, has been coming out as way more critical/mean/cold than I intend it to be.

I'm not so thin-skinned. I mean I don't have fur or nothin' but you have to expect some weird stuff around here. At least you're not like the Apache Tracker. GOD what an asshole. ;)

[[Relax mon, I can't speak for others; but I 100% dont take it personally.]]

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 26 Feb 2014, 19:43:55

Interesting. This was a good hit. Although this doesn't alleviate my suspicions over Admetus either, as he was the wolfiest of the bunch I would say. Hence, why I went for it. He still stinks to me. He seems a bit too emotional and his day 2 behavior is still giving noise. Visigoth voting for him saying a similar reason speaks in favor of Admetus a bit, but not convinced.

I do wonder about Smirker, but that depends on Admetus being a wolf. It could explain him just not wanting to vote for anyone of the leads and justify it. Although being careful can be good or bad depending on the situation. Not necessarily human or wolf. San was mauled too while voting for Smirker, but it's not much to go on.

Hellheart was being telling people he would stay on Smirker, and was also not being convinced of the other wagons. He only said something about a suspect Visigoth briefly late in the day. Inaction is always a nice good excuse too. Although it depends on Admetus being a human or a wolf to be honest. A wolf Admetus would mean a more likely wolf Hellheart.

Sphenodont could have been protecting Visigoth if Smirker is a human. His vote was late in the day and had I not voted for Admetus at the end, it could have been a three way tie instead of a two way tie from Rictus.

DOM seems as if he has no idea what to do. That could be possible since we had little information on the first days and DOM suffers without info, but maybe could be a way to vote on a convenient wolf Visigoth early and get cred.

Given current shenanigans of the last games, it wouldn't surprise me if we again got wolves on wolves, so it gives doubt.

The lord of light is inquiring about Retracted. Was DOM.
Last edited by rekard on 27 Feb 2014, 17:40:07, edited 1 time in total.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 26 Feb 2014, 19:49:04

Tired of your vegetarian diet? Just Admetus!
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 26 Feb 2014, 20:01:13

rekard wrote:Interesting. This was a good hit. Although this doesn't alleviate my suspicions over Admetus either, as he was the wolfiest of the bunch I would say. Hence, why I went for it. He still stinks to me. He seems a bit too emotional and his day 2 behavior is still giving noise. Visigoth voting for him saying a similar reason speaks in favor of Admetus a bit, but not convinced.

I do wonder about Smirker, but that depends on Admetus being a wolf. It could explain him just not wanting to vote for anyone of the leads and justify it. Although being careful can be good or bad depending on the situation. Not necessarily human or wolf. San was mauled too while voting for Smirker, but it's not much to go on.

Hellheart was being telling people he would stay on Smirker, and was also not being convinced of the other wagons. He only said something about a suspect Visigoth briefly late in the day. Inaction is always a nice good excuse too. Although it depends on Admetus being a human or a wolf to be honest. A wolf Admetus would mean a more likely wolf Hellheart.

Sphenodont could have been protecting Visigoth if Smirker is a human. His vote was late in the day and had I not voted for Admetus at the end, it could have been a three way tie instead of a two way tie from Rictus.

DOM seems as if he has no idea what to do. That could be possible since we had little information on the first days and DOM suffers without info, but maybe could be a way to vote on a convenient wolf Visigoth early and get cred.

Given current shenanigans of the last games, it wouldn't surprise me if we again got wolves on wolves, so it gives doubt.

The lord of light is inquiring about DOM.

You don't sound like a cat...

This sounds like a caught mouse trying to point out how juicy other mice are.
Charming, to the last.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 20:01:46

I'm not so thin-skinned. I mean I don't have fur or nothin' but you have to expect some weird stuff around here. At least you're not like the Apache Tracker. GOD what an asshole. ;)

[[Relax mon, I can't speak for others; but I 100% dont take it personally.]]

I figured you didn't, but it's important to me to not be that way because I've been thin-skinned and had some very public reactions a couple of times. It's ridiculously hypocritical for me to be rude to people left and right, but insist that I be treated like a delicate flower in return :P

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 26 Feb 2014, 20:02:58

Meta4 wrote:Tired of your vegetarian diet? Just Admetus!

((Ok that's the best one of your lately-nonsensical posts... actually pretty witty, and something the BKing would say)) :D
Charming, to the last.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 26 Feb 2014, 20:43:31

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I didn't have a strong wolf read or anything on Visigoth, but as I mentioned last game, he's one of the players that I don't get a read on either way until we've strung him up and watched him spin, so he's always going to be a favored lynch target for me.

sphenodont's vote yesterday definitely triggered my gut a bit, and that was before we found out that Visigoth was a wolf, and rekard is really in a bad place with his final vote. Need to look at the last couple of days and view the history as a whole, though; I sometimes jump the gun - proclaming humanity for one wolf-kill and condemning villagers for one mistake.

I'm neutral on Admetus - his posts definitely don't ring 100% true to me, but I'm not sold on him as a definite wolf just yet, either.

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 26 Feb 2014, 21:11:42

Excellent, we took down a wolf and leave Ozymandias one less ally to control from the grave! :o

Still, more lurk in the shadows waiting to eat us. :shock:

I'll put a vote on Redacted from San for now, as I have no better ideas at the moment. :flail: :flail: :flail:
Last edited by Nitestorm on 27 Feb 2014, 06:10:42, edited 1 time in total.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 26 Feb 2014, 22:13:22

Nitestorm wrote:Excellent, we took down a wolf and leave Ozymandias one less ally to control from the grave! :o

I'll put a vote on San for now, as I have no better ideas at the moment. :flail: :flail: :flail:

Erm. He got eaten last night.

[[Kudos Meta4 on the well worked pun.]]

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Feb 2014, 23:00:16

Some quick Visigoth analysis, since I just enter him into the "wolf" column in my Factions spreadsheet and BAM! he's delicious food filled in red:

Day 1: DOM makes Visigoth the 2nd player to get two votes. I would expect at least one more wolf out of {That PJ, Blindsniper, Zark} because Visigoth clearly wanted to hold his vote for EOD counter-sniping.

Day 2: Visigoth puts the 2nd vote on Simple_Simon...and 20 minutes later Smirker retracts his vote for Simple_Simon and votes for Ozymandias. I suppose it's possible that the wolves got bored and starting playing Musical Chairs...

Admetus makes a post near noon where he casts a vote for Visigoth citing the odd singleton vote late on Day 1. It's not the hardest push ever, but I wouldn't qualify it as a soft-push either. Visigoth does not get a 2nd vote. Admetus eventually retracts and moves to Smirker late in the day.

Day 3: DOM casts the first vote on Visigoth fairly early. Meta4 snap-follows to tie Visigoth with Admetus at 2. Visigoth votes Admetus to 3, then I tie Smirker with Admetus. The 4th, 5th, and 6th votes for Admetus and Visigoth are cast consecutively starting with Admetus every time.

Nitestorm has two votes that look potentially pro-wolf. He retracts from an early ICB vote to put the second vote on That PJ before I move to Smirker (this ties That PJ with Visigoth, Admetus, and Smirker) and he puts the 5th vote on Admetus. Obviously that's quite dependent on whether That PJ is a wolf.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 27 Feb 2014, 03:41:39

Current Vote Tally:

Admetus - 1 - meta4
DastardlyOldMan - 1 - rekard
rekard - 1 - stigmata 2.0

((Nitestorm's vote for San is not valid since San was mauled last night.))

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 27 Feb 2014, 06:10:23

Smirker wrote:
Nitestorm wrote:Excellent, we took down a wolf and leave Ozymandias one less ally to control from the grave! :o

I'll put a vote on San for now, as I have no better ideas at the moment. :flail: :flail: :flail:

Erm. He got eaten last night.

[[Kudos Meta4 on the well worked pun.]]

No he didn't, its just a wolf ploy to keep us on our toes! :o

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 27 Feb 2014, 06:11:35

Hellheart wrote:Day 1: DOM makes Visigoth the 2nd player to get two votes. I would expect at least one more wolf out of {That PJ, Blindsniper, Zark} because Visigoth clearly wanted to hold his vote for EOD counter-sniping.

I see why you put that theory forward, but I don't think DOM or Zark are wolves, nor do I have any particularly compelling evidence for Blindsniper (though maybe that's the whole point). I'm the best candidate of those four, so anyone looking at that justification should look my way--except me, since I know I'm not a wolf. So sadly that does nothing for me. :(

Sphenodont's comment caught my attention, too. Not because he mentioned me (since as noted, I'm a likely wolf), but because he also mentioned DOM, who does not strike me as a likely wolf--or at least, arguments for his wolfiness seem opposite to mine, in that if DOM is a wolf he is being very smart and subtle about it, whereas I would be a terrible wolf. Someone putting me in line of suspicion next to Admetus or Smirker or rekard makes sense to me, but DOM I'd line up with fuzzmz, simple_simon, and Nitestorm--flying under the radar for the time being.

So that gives me pause. rekard is also easy to hold in suspicion based on last night's vote, but sphenodont has my attention. Between the two, though, a vote for rekard seems more productive right now than a vote for spheno, because I also think it's likely that I'll be a lynch bandwagon myself, today.

So for now, I think the Sheriff's Secret Police should think hard about rekard.

Also, gluten free pizza slices on me, everybody. But I'm not going out in the rain to get them.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 27 Feb 2014, 06:14:15

Hellheart wrote:Some quick Visigoth analysis, since I just enter him into the "wolf" column in my Factions spreadsheet and BAM! he's delicious food filled in red:

Day 1: DOM makes Visigoth the 2nd player to get two votes. I would expect at least one more wolf out of {That PJ, Blindsniper, Zark} because Visigoth clearly wanted to hold his vote for EOD counter-sniping.

Day 2: Visigoth puts the 2nd vote on Simple_Simon...and 20 minutes later Smirker retracts his vote for Simple_Simon and votes for Ozymandias. I suppose it's possible that the wolves got bored and starting playing Musical Chairs...

Admetus makes a post near noon where he casts a vote for Visigoth citing the odd singleton vote late on Day 1. It's not the hardest push ever, but I wouldn't qualify it as a soft-push either. Visigoth does not get a 2nd vote. Admetus eventually retracts and moves to Smirker late in the day.

Day 3: DOM casts the first vote on Visigoth fairly early. Meta4 snap-follows to tie Visigoth with Admetus at 2. Visigoth votes Admetus to 3, then I tie Smirker with Admetus. The 4th, 5th, and 6th votes for Admetus and Visigoth are cast consecutively starting with Admetus every time.

Nitestorm has two votes that look potentially pro-wolf. He retracts from an early ICB vote to put the second vote on That PJ before I move to Smirker (this ties That PJ with Visigoth, Admetus, and Smirker) and he puts the 5th vote on Admetus. Obviously that's quite dependent on whether That PJ is a wolf.

You accuse me of being pro-wolf? I spearheaded the movement to take down Ozymandias! What have you done for us lately, other than look at me with hungry eyes? :shock:

Clearly Redacted from Hellheart is a wolf, or simply a human trying to lead us astray. Either way, he's a danger to us all! :geek:

On another note, let us celebrate yet another day being free from the tyranny of Ozymandias!

:flail: :flail: :flail:
Last edited by Nitestorm on 27 Feb 2014, 09:52:23, edited 1 time in total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 27 Feb 2014, 06:28:59

Twelve, Nine, Twenty-two, Five, Six, Eighteen, Twenty-one, Fourteen, Seven , Twenty-five.
Twelve, Fifteen, Twenty-two, Five, Six, Eighteen, Twenty-one, Fourteen, Seven , Twenty-five.
Sixteen, Twelve, One, Twenty-five, Six, Eighteen, Twenty-one, Fourteen, Seven , Twenty-five.
Five, One, Twenty, Six, Eighteen, Twenty-one, Fourteen, Seven , Twenty-five.
Nineteen, Twelve, Five, Five, Sixteen, Six, Eighteen, Twenty-one, Fourteen, Seven , Twenty-five.

And Now a Brief Word from Station Management
Hey folks, this is new Station Manager Thad Twelve, and I'd just like to say I'm pleased as punch at the reception you've given me! I gotta say though, things are a wee bit different than what I'm used to back home. Anyway, I'm happy to see that Visigoth was a wolf, but I have no idea how he was caught out. I'm gonna hafta go through the tapes and see what tipped folks off.
In the meanwhile, I'd like to announce the results of yesterday's puzzler contest! Meta4 wins a purple card for correctly answering "Hibbity Jibbity" to the question! The puzzler for today is... what was the question to yesterday's answer?

Six, Eighteen, Twenty-one, Fourteen, Seven , Twenty-five
Six, Eighteen, Twenty-one, Fourteen, Seven , Twenty-five
Six, Eighteen, Twenty-one, Fourteen, Seven , Twenty-five.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 27 Feb 2014, 07:26:05

The important part of the Sheriff's Secret Police is the the "secret". Also "Sheriff" and "police". Really it's all very important. But today the "secret" is especially important. Secrets are important, Night Vale. Secrets protect us, keep us safe. We do not need to know how many members are in the Sheriff's Secret Police. The Sheriff knows and we trust our beloved Sheriff, don't we? Of course! So let him be the keeper of your secrets, listeners. Be sure to tell all of your secrets to the Sheriff's Secret Police surveillance experts. Don't know who they are? Why...they're all around you. Just speak loudly and clearly to the open air...they will get the message.

((OOC: Future vigilante reloads/promotions will not be announced. These potential reloads/promotions could be for Residents or Werewolves. Make assumptions at your own peril, Night Vale.))

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 27 Feb 2014, 07:45:09

FurinMirado wrote:((OOC: Future vigilante reloads/promotions will not be announced. These potential reloads/promotions could be for Residents or Werewolves. Make assumptions at your own peril, Night Vale.))

So, as is right and proper, we should assume that everyone is armed at all times and everyone is a member of the Sheriff's Secret Police, up to and including ourselves, even if we don't yet know that we're a member of the Sheriff's Secret Police. It's just that secret.

I love it.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 27 Feb 2014, 09:09:23

blindsniper83

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 27 Feb 2014, 09:37:58

Hearthstone ate up my evening. I think getting into that game may have been a poor life decision. But yay, I'm alive in this game!

Quick review of information over lunch.

Visigoth as wolf doesn't change anything that I can see about Day 1 or 2. I think that's why he's often one of the last wolves standing.

My guess at a narrative for yesterday is that the wolves were probably surprised the Visigoth wagon took off. So, the way that shaped up, with him becoming an instant wagon from DOM and Meta4's early votes, makes me want to look at people keeping other wagons competitive with him.

Yikes, that list is like a third of the people, so I edited it down, and then spoilered most of what was left.

[+] rambling... but I am reluctant to just delete it
The notable ones, to me, are Nitestorm, who had two different votes that defended Visigoth, and Sphenodont, who looks like an overflow wolf interested in making the Smirker wagon look like an option. I'm discounting Zark because he's mechanically likely to be human and his post looks like it took too long to be a vote driven by wolf protection. Rekard, I'm not sure on. I did expect him to vote on me after his posts for a few days have poked at me and his Spheno vote was marked as temporary. But that doesn't mean it couldn't have been a wolf move. Hellheart is possible but I feel like I can read him better than I can read most others, and I would have expected more of a confident rhetorical defense of Visigoth if he was a wolf.

Right now I think I am most suspicious of Sphenodont. It's hard to decide if Nitestorm's actions are actually worth pursuing. Also, Sphenodont's "I have no idea how [Visigoth] was caught out" comment seems odd since Spheno posted that he was suspicious of Visigoth's Day 1 as well.
Last edited by Admetus on 27 Feb 2014, 17:16:51, edited 1 time in total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 27 Feb 2014, 09:50:59

Eighty-four, Seventy-two, Sixty-nine, Eighty, Seventy-four.
Ten, Sixty-nine, Seventy-seven , Eighty, Sixty-nine, Eighty-two, Seventy-nine, Eighty-two.
Ten, Seventy-two, Sixty-five, Eighty-three, Seventy-eight, Seventy-nine.
Ten, Sixty-seven , Seventy-six, Seventy-nine, Eighty-four, Seventy-two, Sixty-nine, Eighty-three.

And Now, A WZZZ Special Community Editorial
Here at WZZZ, we like to offer a public forum from those of the community who are unafraid to voice their thoughts freely. We thoroughly distance ourselves from these opinions, and air these only so that the appropriate authorities can be made aware of any previously-unknown thoughtcrimes. Failure to scramble your thoughts is assumed at your own peril. Caller, you're on.
Um, yeah, this is sphenodont. I just wanted to say that there are folks out there that are totally barking up the wrong cactus. Not that I blame them, you know, cuz cactus is really tasty, especially when grilled with a little lime. Anyway, I just wanted to address the pizza delivery guy by saying that it's based on the first day's voting, where after I put in the first second vote, DOM, PJ, and Ozy jumped to create ties. I'll give Sniper a little leeway, since he's got some kinky hate-on for Simon (and vice versa), but I'm assuming there were at least two wolves in that mix, and Ozy was one of them. It wouldn't surprise me if like DOM was trying to buy some cred by voting for a wolf. And I remember thinking that Vigigoth's vote was suspicious at the time... but I totally forgot that yesterday. In fact, I don't know where yesterday went, but I think it borrowed my car, because the tank is half empty and I filled it up the day before. Anyway, I just wanted to get that off my chest.
Thank you, caller. And now, back to our program

Nineteen, Sixteen, Eight, Five, Fourteen, Fifteen
Nine, Nineteen, One, Twenty, Fifteen, Twenty, One, Twelve
Twelve, Fifteen, Nineteen, Five, Eighteen.

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 27 Feb 2014, 09:51:38

Admetus wrote:Hearthstone ate up my evening. I think getting into that game may have been a poor life decision. But yay, I'm alive in this game!

Quick review of information over lunch.

Visigoth as wolf doesn't change anything that I can see about Day 1 or 2. I think that's why he's often one of the last wolves standing.

My guess at a narrative for yesterday is that the wolves were probably surprised the Visigoth wagon took off. So, the way that shaped up, with him becoming an instant wagon from DOM and Meta4's early votes, makes me want to look at people keeping other wagons competitive with him.

Yikes, that list is like a third of the people, so I edited it down, and then spoilered most of what was left.

[+] rambling... but I am reluctant to just delete it
The notable ones, to me, are Nitestorm, who had two different votes that defended Visigoth, and Sphenodont, who looks like an overflow wolf interested in making the Smirker wagon look like an option. I'm discounting Zark because he's mechanically likely to be human and his post looks like it took too long to be a vote driven by wolf protection. Rekard, I'm not sure on. I did expect him to vote on me after his posts for a few days have poked at me and his Spheno vote was marked as temporary. But that doesn't mean it couldn't have been a wolf move. Hellheart is possible but I feel like I can read him better than I can read most others, and I would have expected more of a confident rhetorical defense of Visigoth if he was a wolf.

Right now I think I am most suspicious of Sphenodont. It's hard to decide if Nitestorm's actions are actually worth pursuing. Also, Sphenodont's "I have no idea how [Visigoth] was caught out" comment seems odd since Spheno posted that he was suspicious of Visigoth's Day 1 as well.

The notable one to me is Admetus, due to the forgone conclusion that he is in fact, a wolf. As an addendum, I believe he has been planning on consuming me for quite some time now. :o

That fact that you even dare point your paw at me just further reinforces the fact that you are merely trying to deflect attention away from yourself, towards me, who happens to be an attention whore. Did Ozymandias put you up to this? Is he, in fact, still alive and manipulating all of us from behind the scenes? These are worthy issues to ponder. :ugeek:

Perhaps its time for Admetus to be put to sleep instead. :twisted:

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Feb 2014, 10:00:03

I have a program to read Spheno's posts* for me, but I think I'd be a wealthy man if I could crack the Nitestorm code.

(* Except the large number ones. And that one that came out garbled.)

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Feb 2014, 10:06:03

Been a while since votes were tallied:

rekard - 2 - stigmata 2.0, That PJ
Admetus - 2 - meta4, nitestorm
Meta4 - 1 - sphenodont
blindsniper83 - 1 - DastardlyOldMan
sphenodont - 1 - Admetus

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 27 Feb 2014, 10:10:16

Admetus wrote:I have a program to read Spheno's posts* for me, but I think I'd be a wealthy man if I could crack the Nitestorm code.

All of you should be well aware that there is no special "Nitestorm code".
Despite the fact that it appears to be cryptic, everything I say has no special meaning.
Maybe you shouldn't look so hard into anything I talk about.
Everything will become clear as time goes on.
The truth is that I just type out whatever randomness is swirling around in my mind at the time.
Understanding what I say will only lead to needless mental strain.
So just don't bother with it.

I think we need to refocus our efforts on flushing out wolves.
Stopping them from eating us should be our number one priority.

After all, we shouldn't waste time with random finger pointing.

Well, I do have a number of potential wolf candidates.
Obviously I cannot attest to how accurate my list will be.
Leaking such information could be disastrous for our cause.
Furthermore, I do not want to tip the wolves off, so I will maintain my list in secret.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Feb 2014, 10:15:10

:lol: Haha, that's a good one. But it was a bit obvious because it's way more than I can remember you ever posting at once.

I meant I wish I could pick up a tell, so I wouldn't have to put you down as a candidate every single game. You have a good defense mechanism, because out of the times I've been pretty sure you are a wolf, I don't think I've ever been right.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 27 Feb 2014, 10:26:46

Admetus wrote:I have a program to read Spheno's posts* for me, but I think I'd be a wealthy man if I could crack the Nitestorm code.

[+] ooc
I'm trying not to break character, so OOC spoiler tags it is. I usually try to RP, and then lose it by Day Three, trying to defend myself from rekard's vile slanders and accusations. :) Anyway, I've been using VBA and Excel to generate the code, but I've been too slammed at work to finish the decrypter. The idea was the have a simple A to 1 cipher for the first few days, then shift to the second, and so on. I'll let on to the second one (it's also a very simple sub) tomorrow, if I'm alive.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Feb 2014, 10:29:58

Yeah, I tried modulus down to A-to-1, and rot-13 from there, but after that I just had better things to do. ;)

I figured if you wanted it read, you'd be making it super simple, or spoilered in translation.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 27 Feb 2014, 10:37:38

If it's important, someone will call into the station to tell everyone one. Otherwise, assume it is the rantings of a mad man.

(Or, mystic utterances from the ilerminatys ;) )

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 27 Feb 2014, 12:42:18

Admetus' vote tally agrees with mine:

Admetus - 2 - meta4, Nitestorm
rekard - 2 - stigmata 2.0, That PJ
BlindSniper83 - 1 - DastardlyOldMan
meta4 - 1 - sphenodont
sphenodont - 1 - Admetus

I'm attending a birthday party at BW3 tonight, so I may not be back before EOD. If one of our benevolent overlords could lock the thread at 9pm I would be much obliged.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 12:47:24

Kid's getting nervous. Town's seen seven deaths in three days, but the Kid's no stranger to that. Worrisome part is, none of those dead folks were cats. Kid sees cats take over the dead folks' houses and businesses. Townsfolk don't seem to care, so he holds his tongue.

The Kid's cheated death once already. He don't want to tempt fate, but he ain't a cat. Kid brainstorms a spell, figures adopting one's the next best thing.

Kid's never owned a pet in his life. They stare at each other for awhile.
Last edited by Hellheart on 27 Feb 2014, 12:56:22, edited 3 times in total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord

Postby sphenodont » 27 Feb 2014, 12:51:38

FurinMirado wrote:If one of our benevolent overlords could lock the thread at 9pm I would be much obliged.

Can the malevolent ones do it too?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 12:51:47

(( I would've done a better job if Bastion didn't use tablet art that looks like a cross between pencil and charcoal drawings. Couldn't find a better match, but hell if I'm tossing away that narration just because I suck at everything artistic. ))

That PJ wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Day 1: DOM makes Visigoth the 2nd player to get two votes. I would expect at least one more wolf out of {That PJ, Blindsniper, Zark} because Visigoth clearly wanted to hold his vote for EOD counter-sniping.

I see why you put that theory forward, but I don't think DOM or Zark are wolves, nor do I have any particularly compelling evidence for Blindsniper (though maybe that's the whole point). I'm the best candidate of those four, so anyone looking at that justification should look my way--except me, since I know I'm not a wolf. So sadly that does nothing for me. :(

(( Actually, if you've been paying attention to the voting, several players seem to think that Blindsniper is far more wolfy than you are. I'm not pointing the finger at anyone and I suspect that players will trend towards Blindsniper being the most likely wolf in that list of 3.

As I pointed out to Admetus yesterday, I don't push my tone reads anymore, and plenty of players have cast questionable votes in the past 3 days. Including me. ))

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 27 Feb 2014, 15:03:18

Right I'm around now I promise, and I'll attempt to do some rereading before bed.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 27 Feb 2014, 15:03:37

Also voting.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 27 Feb 2014, 15:10:28

Clearasday wrote:Also voting.

[[Yea, next strike you get is a game over for you (If I'm not mistaken). ]]

*Intern Smirker Hands out some complimentary station umbrellas (most even seem intact) while he reviews what's been going on a little more closely...*

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 27 Feb 2014, 15:25:33

once again, BlindSniper83
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 27 Feb 2014, 15:51:17

Это последняя капля, что twdog продолжается уже около не все bitey на людей и я поставил 2 и twdog вместе, как волки кусают, и он также кусается, поэтому он волк

~CLICK~
BOOOOOM

Vig shot on twdog

[+] english
This is the last straw, that twdog has been going around being all bitey on people and i have put 2 and twdog together as wolves bite, and he also bites, therefore he's a wolf

dont poke a drunk russian
edited for color and bold
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 27 Feb 2014, 15:53:27

*Intern Smirker jots down some impressions...

ICB = Feels human (tastes ferrous?) -- Helped get Visi into a threated position
spheno = Mixed; slight human lean
Admetus = mixed and keep flip-flopping about him. Suspect being used as a smokescreen by the malevolent furries...
rekard = slight human lead as I'm agreeing with some of his latest logic
DOM = seems human at this time (not seeing any particular flags off him)
Nitestorm = tacos (w/ surprise siracha glob)
CAD = N/A if he misses another vote. Lack of data makes him more likely to be a wolf
Blindsniper = seems off - need more data
twdog = hate the avatar; undecided - needs more data
Ryvvn = undecided
simon = undecided
Hellheart = seems wolfy - need more data
fuzzmz = undecided
meta4 = slight wolfy vibe
ThatPJ = seems wolfy - more data needed
Rictus = Very strong human vibe

I'll go ahead and cast my vote for Meta4.

[e]: Interesting. I see I post slow and the Sniper took his shot...

[e2}: oh shit.. i just realized that the GM is afk for the night. hmm, well.... fook

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 27 Feb 2014, 15:56:49

Blindsniper83 wrote:dont poke a drunk russian
edited for color and bold

Yea, I was meaning to ask about that;.. You post in Russian; but you look chinese to me...

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Feb 2014, 16:02:11

I might suggest that blindsniper bolds the fact that it's a vig shot, if our illustrious GM is already AFK for the night. It's easy to miss otherwise.

I'd love to know the results before I cast my vote, but it may not come to pass.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 27 Feb 2014, 16:03:17

I'd really like to see what happens with the vig shot before I vote but I need to sleep soon. Twdog just tell us who you are.

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 27 Feb 2014, 16:03:56

Smirker wrote:*Intern Smirker jots down some impressions...

ICB = Feels human (tastes ferrous?) -- Helped get Visi into a threated position
spheno = Mixed; slight human lean
Admetus = mixed and keep flip-flopping about him. Suspect being used as a smokescreen by the malevolent furries...
rekard = slight human lead as I'm agreeing with some of his latest logic
DOM = seems human at this time (not seeing any particular flags off him)
Nitestorm = tacos (w/ surprise siracha glob)
CAD = N/A if he misses another vote. Lack of data makes him more likely to be a wolf
Blindsniper = seems off - need more data
twdog = hate the avatar; undecided - needs more data
Ryvvn = undecided
simon = undecided
Hellheart = seems wolfy - need more data
fuzzmz = undecided
meta4 = slight wolfy vibe
ThatPJ = seems wolfy - more data needed
Rictus = Very strong human vibe

I'll go ahead and cast my vote for Meta4.

[e]: Interesting. I see I post slow and the Sniper took his shot...

[e2}: oh shit.. i just realized that the GM is afk for the night. hmm, well.... fook

I'm more of a burrito man myself (of the non metallic variety).

Disclaimer: I am not insinuating I have any desire to consume Iron Clad Burrito. :o

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 27 Feb 2014, 16:04:48

Clearasday wrote:Twdog just tell us who you are.

I'm open to that ... I'm sure I'm dead

Thoughts from the crowd?
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 27 Feb 2014, 16:09:41

Hello Night Vale.

In Cecil's absence, I am here to offer you some words.

Cat.
Ghost.
Red.
Vigilante.
Shot.
Confirmed.

All Hail the Glow Cloud.

Vigilante Shot, confirmed.

twdog, resident.

Return to “Night Vale”