Day 4: Rain

"We have nothing to fear except ourselves. We are unholy, awful people. Fear ourselves with silence. Look down, Night Vale. Look down and forget what you've done." -Town Motto
Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Day 4: Rain

Postby Clearasday » 27 Feb 2014, 16:10:02

I was joking and being impatient, if I was a GM I would not want you actually doing that in my game.

edit: Nvm solved by the Gods
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 27 Feb 2014, 16:10:48

[[Also, I will lock at EOD, but do nothing more.]]

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 27 Feb 2014, 16:16:19

Omega wrote:[[Also, I will lock at EOD, but do nothing more.]]

[[I'm sure he would want you to keep the game rolling. and reserve the right to spice things up in his own way later.

Regardless, thank you for the helping hand. ]]

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 27 Feb 2014, 16:20:25

Дерьмо, что вещь была на самом деле загружается, почему бы вам люди дают пьяного русский пистолет. То не самый яркий, что нужно сделать сейчас

~click~
~click~
~click~

дерьмо хорошо, его пустое
и теперь я чувствую себя плохо, Twdog будет не хватать
 Dastardly Old Man    почему вы дать мне этот пистолет на спор?
[+] english
Crap, that thing was actually loaded, why would you people give a drunk russian a gun. thats not the brightest thing to do now

~click~
~click~
~click~

well crap, its empty
and now i feel bad, Twdog will be missed
DOM why did you give me that gun on a dare?

VOTE
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 27 Feb 2014, 16:22:23

Vig shot on a Resident. That does not look good. That does not look good at all.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 27 Feb 2014, 16:24:48

Hey guys I've been

[+] A bit busy this evening

Anyone got a vote count handy?
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 27 Feb 2014, 16:26:22

Blindsniper83 wrote:Дерьмо, что вещь была на самом деле загружается, почему бы вам люди дают пьяного русский пистолет. То не самый яркий, что нужно сделать сейчас

~click~
~click~
~click~

дерьмо хорошо, его пустое
и теперь я чувствую себя плохо, Twdog будет не хватать
 Dastardly Old Man    почему вы дать мне этот пистолет на спор?
[+] english
Crap, that thing was actually loaded, why would you people give a drunk russian a gun. thats not the brightest thing to do now

~click~
~click~
~click~

well crap, its empty
and now i feel bad, Twdog will be missed
DOM why did you give me that gun on a dare?

VOTE

I'm on to you dog.
[+] I am destroyer of canine
For what it's worth, though, his talking to himself is awfully entertaining.-sphen
You're adorable-Rave
he is a master bullshitter so he could just take things out of his own ass or whatever comes from his mind to argue.-Rekard

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 27 Feb 2014, 16:39:54

FurinMirado wrote:The City Council wishes to inform the Night Vale community that it will be raining

I miss Carlos. Only when he & Cecil were together would either claim they could understand the lights above the Arby's (but not the sky behind those lights). Before he was gone, things were brighter, and there were any number of uses for our wares, even amongst the bicyclers.

I didn't claim to understand their choices, any more than I understood Rekard's late vote before the rains started.

Subject: Day 3: Potholes
rekard @ 26 Feb 2014, 20:47 EST wrote:Let's see if (b)(color=#0000FF)Admetus(/color)(/b) is a furry. R'hllor chooses you.

[+] This brought the vote to Admetus
Admetus - 6 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm, rekard
Visigoth - 5 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4, fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus
Smirker - 4 - San, simple_simon, stigmata 2.0, sphenodont
BlindSniper83 - 2 - twdog, Smirker
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ

Has not Voted (2): Clearasday, Rictus

I admit Admetus felt wolfy to me, which is why I instructed the staff of the restaurant to vote for him. Visigoth also voted for him, and it would feel a ~bit~ heavy handed for two wolves to pile on.

Now, the wolves have taken a pretty decent hit. Two of their best and brightest are dead, and blood runs in the streets. (♪♫I'm only happy when it rains...♪♫)

Okay, I see your point, and raise you two others:
1) Two wolves piling on another makes the most sense if the one being saved Visigoth were special. We received no such indication from yonder radio box that he was anything other than a garden variety (gnome) werewolf.
2) I got Hellheart 1.0's Vig shot very early, noted as game balancing in the ruleset.
3) I would not be surprised if there was another wolf vigilante
4) this does not mean that Admetus is not a wolf, but it's highly unlikely that Rekard ~and~ Admetus are both wolves.

(You said 2 points?)

I also said four lights once, and this is why we can't have nice things. And, I made a pitcher of tea 8 hours ago that I am finally sitting down to drink (hot tea?) Not anymore, but you're changing the subject. So bottom line, I've been away from thread for a bit because of that whole work thing, thankful I don't have to deal with any more Russians after the Olympic sized pool of a month that I've had. And then what happens? A Russian blind sniper comes through the drive through & starts shooting in the parking lot... Blindsniper83, I've been meaning to ask you... what happened to the previous 82 blind snipers?

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 Feb 2014, 16:44:39

That's an unfortunate shot. Well, it's not really surprising. Seeing the record in this board Zark vigging a wolf was an anomaly 2 days ago hah.

So the vote count would be:

Admetus - 2 - meta4, Nitestorm
rekard - 2 - stigmata 2.0, That PJ
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - rekard, Blindsniper83
meta4 - 2 - sphenodont, Smirker
BlindSniper83 - 2 - DastardlyOldMan, 7-Zark-7
Clearasday - 2 - Penalty X 2
sphenodont - 1 - Admetus

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 27 Feb 2014, 16:50:42

I just want you to know I was thinking of you the whole time Rekard. Ozy means nothing to me ;)

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 27 Feb 2014, 16:52:10

Don't forget me and my two penalty votes. Let's not let that kill me please.

Now loathe as I am to vote with Smirker, Meta4 being turned sunny side up feels entirely right to me at this point in the game and I'd prefer to hear more from Blind in a language I understand before I lynch him. Killing a wolf gives Admetus a pass today as well and yet he seems to be such an easy lynch. I'd list the others that I'd like to hear more from but that would be hypocritical of me.

edit: Bedtime.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Feb 2014, 16:56:53

Khoshekh let the day get by him, he failed to keep scratches of yesterday's unravelings, and only just caught up with those current; and with his focus elsewhere, he was unable to apply his acute feline sense to prying out many more suspicious subjects, save for spheno... but the other one he still suspects is also voting for that one, so instead, Khoshekh shall scratch at Admetus once more.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 17:03:08

Kid was ready for a rain of blood. Nobody told him it'd be horizontal. He washes the blood off as best he can. Kid's just glad the lout didn't miss.

(( Follow-up vote on DOM is baffling to me. I don't see why people think he's a likely enough wolf to vote for at this stage. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 27 Feb 2014, 17:03:46, edited 2 times in total.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 27 Feb 2014, 17:03:23

It seems I'm going to be sitting in self-defense mode again today. So, out of the 5 people at 2 -- five people at two, yeesh -- I am most suspicious of rekard, by a hair.

pre-post edit - And then Ryvvn. I seem to have a knack for this timing of voting while I'm getting pushed to the lead.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Feb 2014, 17:06:37

Looks like I didn't count CAD's vote while I was pondering my defense. Tallying up starting with rekard's count. (I only checked it briefly.)

Admetus - 3 - meta4, Nitestorm, Ryvvn
rekard - 3 - stigmata 2.0, That PJ, Admetus
meta4 - 3 - sphenodont, Smirker, Clearasday
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - rekard, Blindsniper83
BlindSniper83 - 2 - DastardlyOldMan, 7-Zark-7
Clearasday - 2 - Penalty X 2

I still prefer rekard over Meta4. I'll leave my vote where it is.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 17:09:08

Admetus wrote:It seems I'm going to be sitting in self-defense mode again today. So, out of the 5 people at 2 -- five people at two, yeesh -- I am most suspicious of rekard, by a hair.

pre-post edit - And then Ryvvn. I seem to have a knack for this timing of voting while I'm getting pushed to the lead.

(( Still not gonna vote for you. I think the pressure on you now is a lot harder to forgive if you end up being lynched and come up human. You were just in a late two-wagon race with a wolf.

I'm not moving from rekard today regardless. I felt that a vote that late is very much unlike rekard, and Visigoth already had his vote on you so if you're human than the other wolves would have to be the ones to save him.

I also think it's telling that rekard didn't vote for you again today. If you get lynched and end up human, rekard isn't going to survive that. ))

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 27 Feb 2014, 17:11:30

Yea, I'd love to see some better consolidation of bandwagons. So many on d4 is not as useful IMO, holy crap this is more annoying to use phone like this than I recall Tuesday being

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Feb 2014, 17:13:07

I'd be willing to bet that either DOM OR Smirker is a wolf, but not both.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 17:15:12

Let's see if my auto-retraction tally is working

Admetus - 3 - Meta4, Nitestorm, Ryvvn
rekard - 3 - Hellheart, That PJ, Admetus
Meta4 - 3 - sphenodont, Blindsniper, Smirker, CAD
Blindsniper - 2 - DOM, twdog, Zark
DOM - 2 - rekard, Blindsniper
CAD - 2 - Penalty, Penalty
Smirker - 1 - ICB
sphenodont - 0 - Admetus
Hellheart - 0 - Nitestorm

...Looks good!

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Feb 2014, 17:22:37

I know I am not helping by tossing a vote out on smirker, but ATM that's the best read I have. And I'm literally like, 49.5/50.5 between DOM and him.

Other reads, incomplete list:
I, obviously, know I'm human. but that's not a read.
Blindsniper has received 6 votes from 6 different players in 3 days (today isn't included). I just think that's odd.
Zark is reading completely neutral to me. IDK what to make of that; I can usually gut-feel him by now.
ThatPJ feels like a very new-to-the-game wolfy ICB to me. Like, game 5 ICB. Votes are pretty wolfy, but has just enough of that "new player smell" -- you know, like new-car smell -- by the way, did ya'll know that new-car smell is just the adhesive that is on the floor mats? But I digress. Yeah, if a gun were held to my head, I'd think he's likely a wolf.

But all roads lead back to Smirker -- I think his death could tell me a lot about everyone I just named. Which is why I voted for him.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 17:23:30

(( Why do people think DOM is a wolf? From the voting record he looks human. Am I missing something really obvious? ))

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 Feb 2014, 17:24:31

So the wolf bares its fangs. You are becoming too dramatic and predictable Admetus. Did you get acting classes from Okaros? I was having doubts during the day.

So let's up the ante. Will any of your wolf buddies protect you? Or should I give you the benefit of the doubt?

If I temporarily switch to Retracted. Was Blindsniper, what will you do? Maybe I won't switch if you're convincing enough.
Last edited by rekard on 27 Feb 2014, 17:54:39, edited 1 time in total.

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 27 Feb 2014, 17:25:53

Hellheart wrote:(( Why do people think DOM is a wolf? From the voting record he looks human. Am I missing something really obvious? ))

Yes you are, he's a wolf acting as a human. It is just that simple. :ugeek:

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 Feb 2014, 17:28:18

Hellheart wrote:(( Why do people think DOM is a wolf? From the voting record he looks human. Am I missing something really obvious? ))

Well his vote can be interpreted as a future wolf cover to get him cred under the argument of "Not knowing what to do". If fisticuffs come later, he can say "But I voted Visigoth twice". It can be suspicious to have very good aim from the get go. If you think about it, it can make sense, but needs more information in my opinion to have a definite conclusion.

It's not about things being obvious, but about the possibilities Hellheart. If a theory baffles you, try imagining a situation where it would be viable. Sometimes that brings way to think of new things.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 17:32:10

Blindsniper - 3 - DOM, twdog, Zark, rekard
DOM - 1 - rekard, Blindsniper
Smirker - 1 - ICB
sphenodont - 0 - Admetus

(( I agree with you that it's a possibility, but I think that there are more likely possibilities out there. If nothing else, I'd rather lynch somebody like Smirker than DOM because it tells us a lot about other players. DOM's role tells us virtually nothing about any other player. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 27 Feb 2014, 17:33:43, edited 1 time in total.

Simple_Simon
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Simple_Simon » 27 Feb 2014, 17:32:34

Cat vote out of nowhere.

[+] Sneak Attack

Blindsniper83
You're adorable-Rave

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 17:37:49

(( C'mon, Rictus vote-and-run, baby needs a new pair of shoes! ))

Blindsniper - 4 - DOM, twdog, Zark, rekard, Simple_Simon
DOM - 1 - rekard, Blindsniper
Smirker - 1 - ICB
sphenodont - 0 - Admetus
Last edited by Hellheart on 27 Feb 2014, 17:38:39, edited 1 time in total.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Feb 2014, 17:38:27

rekard wrote:So the wolf bares its fangs. You are becoming too dramatic and predictable Admetus. Did you get acting classes from Okaros? I was having doubts during the day.

So let's up the ante. Will any of your wolf buddies protect you? Or should I give you the benefit of the doubt?

If I temporarily switch to Blindsniper, what will you do? Maybe I won't switch if you're convincing enough.

What the what what?

I suppose you're saying you'll be voting for me soon, but taking a pit stop on Blindsniper on the way? Strange post is strange.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 27 Feb 2014, 17:41:30

Finally! Finally!

For too many days in too many games, I've seethed in impotent rage as a vig 'proved' his humanness at the cost of his team. Too many times I've watched a vigilante stand, gun smoking, over a fellow human's lifeless body as they said:
"Welp, that sucks for him. But I'm totally a good-guy. Check out my nifty gun!"

And the wolves snickered. And I swallowed the bitter pill.

Too many days I've seen a vig pull a Ravebomb on his team and blow away a fellow human. Then shrug his shoulders and say "Damn, sure thought he was a wolf. But at least we know I'm human, right?"

And the dead thread laughed.

But not this day! Not today! Today I get to channel all that frustration on to a vig who might be a wolf. Going on the odds, he probably isn't. But to be honest, I don't even care if Blind is a wolf or not. He vigged a human, and he stands for every vig in every game standing there over a fellow human with a sheepish look on their face.

Thank you Blindsniper83, for being the catharthis I needed. I only regret that it will cost you your life.

((yeah, I'm exaggerating. But only a little... ))
Charming, to the last.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 17:44:39

(( Rictus, did you read more than half of the posts in the thread before making your vote? I put money on the Under as well. ))

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 Feb 2014, 17:46:47

Admetus wrote:
rekard wrote:So the wolf bares its fangs. You are becoming too dramatic and predictable Admetus. Did you get acting classes from Okaros? I was having doubts during the day.

If I temporarily switch to Blindsniper, what will you do? Maybe I won't switch if you're convincing enough.

What the what what?

I suppose you're saying you'll be voting for me soon, but taking a pit stop on Blindsniper on the way? Strange post is strange.

This is the part where you are supposed to convince me. But I see no argument. Oh and Blind is up to 5? Hmm. Interesting.
Last edited by rekard on 27 Feb 2014, 17:47:06, edited 1 time in total.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 27 Feb 2014, 17:46:59

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:But all roads lead back to Smirker -- I think his death could tell me a lot about everyone I just named. Which is why I voted for him.

Nine, Eight, One, Four, Twenty, Eight, Five, Nineteen, One, Thirteen, Five
Twenty, Eight, Fifteen, Twenty-one, Seven , Eight, Twenty
Five, One, Eighteen, Twelve, Nine, Five, Eighteen...

[+] spoiler
I had the same thought earlier, but must have left it out. DOM looks suspicious to me simply because of his Day 1 vote positioning. The question to me is whether the wolf cred vote started with a wolf or ended with one.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 17:52:41

sphenodont wrote:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:But all roads lead back to Smirker -- I think his death could tell me a lot about everyone I just named. Which is why I voted for him.

[+] spoiler
I had the same thought earlier, but must have left it out. DOM looks suspicious to me simply because of his Day 1 vote positioning. The question to me is whether the wolf cred vote started with a wolf or ended with one.

(( Wow, I clearly give way too much credit for mid-day votes that put wolves into what I see as dangerous ties. DOM's casting a 2nd vote there surprised me so it drew my attention at the time, but I had practically discarded that because it was for a wolf. Still don't know how that lines up with DOM calling out Ozy early on Day 2 for not giving the Consolidation speech. Lone-wolfing it? ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 27 Feb 2014, 17:53:12, edited 1 time in total.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Feb 2014, 17:52:52

rekard wrote:This is the part where you are supposed to convince me. But I see no argument. Oh and Blind is up to 5? Hmm. Interesting.

I just think it's odd that you're pushing this hard. I've made my arguments earlier in the thread. This isn't going to change anything.

I guess you'll likely be the first against the wall when I'm revealed as human. Clearly I'm not a vigilante, or you'd already be shot.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 17:54:15

(( If rekard neither moves from Blindsniper nor makes a passionate argument for his being more wolfy than Admetus in the next 7 minutes, I'm voting for him until one of us dies. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 27 Feb 2014, 17:54:48, edited 1 time in total.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 Feb 2014, 17:54:22

Time has expired Admetus. You're the wolfiest. Hopefully I am not wrong. If you're human, I would say it was a bad day 2.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Feb 2014, 17:56:06

Hellheart wrote:
sphenodont wrote:

[+] spoiler

(( Wow, I clearly give way too much credit for mid-day votes that put wolves into what I see as dangerous ties. DOM's casting a 2nd vote there surprised me so it drew my attention at the time, but I had practically discarded that because it was for a wolf. Still don't know how that lines up with DOM calling out Ozy early on Day 2 for not giving the Consolidation speech. Lone-wolfing it? ))

that's literally the percentage point in his favor. I'm not giving any more than that because... well, you saw what happened last game. :) I'm not looking at time of day, I'm not looking at retractions, I'm not looking at heatmaps. I'm looking at the EOD. And I'm imperfect.

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 27 Feb 2014, 17:59:52

Fifteen, Twenty-six, Twenty-five
Twenty-three, One, Nineteen
Four, Twenty-one, Five
Twenty, Fifteen, Four, Nine, Five
Five, One, Eighteen, Twelve, Twenty-five.

[+] blather
Ozy was due to die early, so why not call him out early and be remembered as the one who called him out? I was waiting to see if anyone started putting someone in the lead, and no one was. So I put someone in the front to see who reacted. I could be, and likely am, very wrong, but that's my gut right now.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 27 Feb 2014, 18:00:50

And now, dear listeners, enjoy the silence, until Cecil returns.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 27 Feb 2014, 18:41:24

1. Thanks to Omega for helping out while I was out.

2. I will also confirm that blindsniper83's vig shot is valid and twdog was a mere Resident.

3. Give me some time on this one. I might not have this done for another hour.

4. I believe this is the Final Vote Tally:

Blindsniper83 (4) - DastardlyOldMan, 7-zark-7, simple_simon, Rictus
Admetus (4) - Meta4, Nitestorm, Ryvvn, rekard
rekard (3) - Hellheart, That PJ, Admetus
Meta4 (3) - sphenodont, smirker, Clearasday
Clearasday (2) - Penaltyx2
DastardlyOldMan (1) - blindsniper83
Smirker (1) - Iron Clad Burrito

Did not Vote: Fuzzmz

Return to “Night Vale”