Day 5: Limbs

"We have nothing to fear except ourselves. We are unholy, awful people. Fear ourselves with silence. Look down, Night Vale. Look down and forget what you've done." -Town Motto
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 5: Limbs

Postby FurinMirado » 27 Feb 2014, 19:08:07

In the land of the blind those born with sight must be ritualistically blinded lest they cast down our egalitarian government and replace it with a one-eyed despotism. Welcome to Night Vale.

So it appears that yesterday’s blood rain has produced some…side effects. It seems to have reacted with the dark-blue ooze seeping out of the street to produce oddly misshapen human limbs that grow right out of the asphalt. The City Council says these are completely harmless but not to venture too close to any…just in case.

The Sheriff’s Secret Police, in coordination with a vague yet menacing government agency, have announced that Admetus was one of those people calling themselves “Werewolves”. It is said that they left Admetus alone for only a few minutes to get some coffee and empty the blood bucket. When they returned they found he had somehow glued hair all over himself and was really hamming it up with all the snarling and growling. He even launched himself at one of the Secret Police. Of course it is a well-known fact that all Secret Police have skin like thick, old leather so while Admetus appeared to be trying to chew the man’s arm off he really just looked like he was making out with it. It was really embarrassing for everyone involved. Admetus has since been shaved and is enjoying himself in one of the Secret Police’s luxurious detainment rooms in the Abandoned Mine Shaft. The Sheriff’s Secret Police had this to say to any remaining Werewolves: “Having met three of your people now, we can only say that we really pity you. You are sad, sad little people.”

And now, the community calendar:

Monday– You may not be you. You may, in fact, be someone else. Spend the day sifting through photo albums. You may learn more about the person you are supposed to be.

Tuesday – is a mistake. Sorry about that.

Wednesday– is spent regretting Tuesday.

Thursday – The Sheriff’s Secret Police will be practicing inanimate object metamorphosis techniques. Residents are asked not to pay attention to any new furniture in their home.

Friday – Void

Larry Leroy, out on the edge of town, just called in during that community calendar announcement. He is reporting seeing a trio of hairy figures breaking into Old Woman Josie’s house followed by a flash of dark light. Larry Leroy bravely rushed over just in time to see the figures fleeing but could find no sign of Old Woman Josie.

In a sad turn of events it would seem the angels have left Night Vale for good. It also sounds like they have taken Old Woman Josie with them. Wherever she is I am sure it is a better place if the angels have taken her there. We should all hope to be taken there once the screaming is done. Until that time good night, Night Vale, good night.

Admetus – Werewolf
Simple_simon – Guardian Angel

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 5: Limbs

Postby FurinMirado » 27 Feb 2014, 19:14:35

Final Vote Tally:

Blindsniper83 (4) - DastardlyOldMan, 7-zark-7, simple_simon, Rictus
Admetus (4) - Meta4, Nitestorm, Ryvvn, rekard
rekard (3) - Hellheart, That PJ, Admetus
Meta4 (3) - sphenodont, smirker, Clearasday
Clearasday (2) - Penaltyx2
DastardlyOldMan (1) - blindsniper83
Smirker (1) - Iron Clad Burrito

Did not Vote: Fuzzmz

Random.org chose Admetus over blindsniper83

Fuzzmz will be given (1) penalty vote today.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 27 Feb 2014, 19:35:25

Excellent, and we now know how many of the wolves remain.
3 Wolves : 12 Residents

<From the Players Thread:>
[spoiler=]Currently Living (15):
7-zark-7
BlindSniper83
Clearasday
DastardlyOldMan
fuzzmz
ICB
meta4
Nitestorm
rekard
Rictus
Ryvvn
Smirker
sphenodont
stigmata 2.0 [HellHeart]
That PJ[/spoiler]

Since I'm letting my empathy get the better of me; it's probably best I go polar opposite and vote for who I'm most sympathetic for.. ThatPJ)RETRACTED).
Last edited by Smirker on 28 Feb 2014, 17:18:40, edited 1 time in total.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 27 Feb 2014, 19:39:28

The story thus far:
Wow, 2 wolves led the wagons on day 3.
I believe more wolves were on the admetus/visi wagons on day 3 than just admetus/visi; otherwise, our remaining wolves are completely in this group: Smirker, PJ, Hellheart, and Sphen. Likely? There's at least 1 wolf in the 4, though, and I've expressed concerns about all but hellheart thus far. Yeesh.

I wonder what the odds are that there was ONLY one wolf in the 6-way on day 1? Because right now, visi's the only one. Blindsniper would be the only other chance, but I think that's starting to look unlikely. Someone help me with the odds here: What are the odds that they gave the wolves 2 vigilantes, and (separately) what do you think the odds are that a wolf got one of the reloads?

Possibly human:
Nitestorm. Only "possibly" because his record is fucking perfect, which SHOULD be suspicious, I'm not sure if he has the chops for a lone wolf.

Blindsniper: See above.

Solidly neutral: DOM and Ryvvn. I'm now not so sure that it's an either/or for Smirker and Dom, although Smirker's still smelling funny.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 20:04:12

(( I had several points yesterday and the day before where I could've moved my vote to significantly increase Admetus' chances of survival if I were a wolf. I could've also defended Admetus harder, which doesn't hurt my credibility at all if he flips wolf because I end up defending wolves on a regular basis as a human.

I'm not sure if Ryvvn is taking a more RP-centric route this time around or if he simply doesn't want to post as much because he's a wolf. I would like to see the more conversational Ryvvn sometime soon, because sparse structured RP is a great way to keep wolfy vibes out of your posts.

I'm glad Admetus lost the coinflip. He didn't cast the defense vote to save himself, which is such a dirty thing to do as a wolf. That would've totally fooled me. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Feb 2014, 20:39:14

Hellheart wrote:((I'm not sure if Ryvvn is taking a more RP-centric route this time around or if he simply doesn't want to post as much because he's a wolf. I would like to see the more conversational Ryvvn sometime soon, because sparse structured RP is a great way to keep wolfy vibes out of your posts.))

((early game gives me a good chance to play around with a little rp when I'm in the mood while the game is still kind of loose, and I've been trying my best to insert a bit of explanation into my posts, but now that I've got a good -- and caught up -- set of tracking notes, I'll likely slow or cut off the rp entirely to suss out and go a bit more into (bulleted list) detail on my suspicions; it also helps that we're heading into what is essentially my weekend, friday and saturday))

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 27 Feb 2014, 20:56:21

Outstanding, another wolf is defeated and sent to meet his master in the grave, Ozymandias! :flail:

Another random vote on Redacted from DastardlyOldMan until I think of something better.
Last edited by Nitestorm on 28 Feb 2014, 06:08:51, edited 1 time in total.

Nitestorm
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Nitestorm » 27 Feb 2014, 20:58:14

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:The story thus far:
Wow, 2 wolves led the wagons on day 3.
I believe more wolves were on the admetus/visi wagons on day 3 than just admetus/visi; otherwise, our remaining wolves are completely in this group: Smirker, PJ, Hellheart, and Sphen. Likely? There's at least 1 wolf in the 4, though, and I've expressed concerns about all but hellheart thus far. Yeesh.

I wonder what the odds are that there was ONLY one wolf in the 6-way on day 1? Because right now, visi's the only one. Blindsniper would be the only other chance, but I think that's starting to look unlikely. Someone help me with the odds here: What are the odds that they gave the wolves 2 vigilantes, and (separately) what do you think the odds are that a wolf got one of the reloads?

Possibly human:
Nitestorm. Only "possibly" because his record is fucking perfect, which SHOULD be suspicious, I'm not sure if he has the chops for a lone wolf.

Blindsniper: See above.

Solidly neutral: DOM and Ryvvn. I'm now not so sure that it's an either/or for Smirker and Dom, although Smirker's still smelling funny.

Just for the record, I'm always suspicious. I look at myself in the mirror in the morning and wonder if I'm a sleeper wolf waiting for what ever mind control mechanism Ozymandias placed on me to kick into effect.

As an addendum, just because your a Burrito does not mean I find you tasty, even though you might be. :twisted:

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 27 Feb 2014, 20:59:58

Glad that worked. I was having doubts during the day but decided to go at it towards the end. Although well losing the GA is sad.

So this means we had two wolves on day 3. Wolves Visigoth and Admetus voted for each other. It's clear Visi was aiming to get some future cred. Given that 12 votes that day were for a wolf, it's not out of the question that there were other wolves in those bandwagons. Otherwise, 3 wolves would be among other 4 players like ICB said : Hellheart, sphenodont, PJ and Smirker. It's likely at least 1 wolf is within one of them.

Smirker's status probably depends on other player's status, although it's unlikely there were 3 wolves in the leads on Day 3. Can't discard it, but who knows.

Sphenodont refrained from voting on the lead bandwagons on day 3 and started a bandwagon on day 1 for a confirmed human. He declared not being convinced by lead bandwagons. PJ though also started a bandwagon on day 1, so maybe only one of them could be a wolf at most. PJ might have been doing bad votes, and could be a newbie wolf indeed.

Hellheart basically defended Admetus on day 3 and just mentioned Visigoth for a moment near the end of day. It could have been an attempt of convincing people to back off the wolves although with an argument being weak (like Admetus being more "valuable"). At the same time, Hellheart can be very rigid on his analysis and make really bad choices. So who knows, as it can apply for wolves or humans both. It does bother me right now tough that he just jumped to defend himself before anyone accuses him.

DOM could have been playing to get cred from the start, and feels iffy a bit. Same argument as yesterday, though not much has changed since he didn't talk much yesterday.

About wolves getting two vigilantes, it's possible but tough to actually know without knowing the number of total vigs.

Let's start with the simplest choice and see what R'hllor makes possible. Hellheart

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Feb 2014, 21:21:18

Here's something to chew on, I feel there's got to be at least one wolf voting on another on D1 (a lot of people seem to want to push for almost full dismissal of D1 voting because "day one" but my instincts disagree); and since we now know who half of the wolves are, that has me taking a closer look at the following players:
  • Smirker and DOM (both voted on Visi)
  • ICB (voted against by Ozy)
  • Nitestorm (voted on Ozy)
  • DOM (again, voted against by Admetus)
  • Rictus (voted against by Visi)
If spheno is human, then DOM (being the 17th vote placed, does not necessarily put wolf Visi in any real danger at that time); then the 18th and 19th votes bring up two others into a four way tie at 2 votes apiece, wolf Ozy being one of those votes which put currently unknown ICB into that four way. Visi being the 20th vote, and himself being only one of four as the current lead, feels he safely tuck his vote away by bringing in a new singleton. The final two votes, one of which is from Blind, bring two others into what becomes the final six way tie at 2 votes each. If DOM's a wolf hoping to hide or get cred off wolf Visi, it's possible Blind or Zark is also a wolf hoping to keep suspicion away while also just decreasing the odds that random will choose the one wolf we currently know was in that six way (should it come to random.org, which it obviously did). And between Zark and Blind, I'm totally leaning Blind as wolf because of his very poorly explained and seemingly random shot against twdog: at that point twdog had missed D1, voted a singleton D2, and simply voted Blind days 3 and 4; worth a vig shot? I'm not convinced. Out of everyone listed in these ramblings, I'm definitely most suspicious of Blind right now.

[wrote up this bit looking at DOM first and intended to look at the others to see if I had any other scenarios worth sharing, but hit preview -- as I tend to do to after writing lengthy, rambly paragraphs to make sure I'm expressing myself clearly enough -- and just saw rekard's vote against Hellheart and now cutting this off because there was something that was really bugging me about yesterday....]

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 21:30:26

rekard wrote:It does bother me right now tough that he just jumped to defend himself before anyone accuses him.

(( You or Simon say something like this seemingly every single game. I've been human every single time. I'm not going to sit there quietly when I know that I'm going to be accused. You were not the only one to express suspicions that I'm a wolf yesterday, and this day opens with Admetus flipping wolf. I know I'm going to get flak for that, so I put something small out in my defense beforehand.

It wasn't totally unprompted. ICB puts out a list of sphendont, me, and two players I've pushed as wolves. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where that one's going. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 27 Feb 2014, 21:36:46, edited 2 times in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Feb 2014, 21:33:13

This post came from Hellheart at 20:54:15 (my timestamp)
Subject: Day 4: Rain wrote:
Hellheart wrote:(( If rekard neither moves from Blindsniper nor makes a passionate argument for his being more wolfy than Admetus in the next 7 minutes, I'm voting for him until one of us dies. ))

This post came from rekard at 20:54:22 (again my timestamp)
Subject: Day 4: Rain wrote:
rekard wrote:Time has expired Admetus. You're the wolfiest. Hopefully I am not wrong. If you're human, I would say it was a bad day 2.

As soon as I saw those two sitting next to each other, my immediate reaction was, "planned in wolf thread but poorly executed in day." Rekard's current record has him voting unknown ICB D1, highly suspicious Blind D2, late jumping onto wolf Admetus D3, and moving back to wolf Admetus D4 after Hellheart's "urging". Hellheart, since coming back as Hellmata, is one of 4 on unknown Smirker on D3, with two of those already being revealed as human; and he's voting against rekard D4, on a wagon that also includes wolf Admetus. Blind voted for rekard D2, and is then seen alongside wolf Visi voting against wolf Admetus D3. I kinda feel there's a little wolf trio dance going on here....

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 21:42:21

(( Ryvvn, I'd like your thoughts on Rictus, Zark, and either DOM or ICB.

What you have is a good start, but I think it's mostly summary and I can't get a read off of you if you're posting summaries and easy reads. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Feb 2014, 21:44:25

Hellheart wrote:(( Ryvvn, I'd like your thoughts on Rictus, Zark, and either DOM or ICB. ))

I'll try to take a look but additional thoughts may have to wait for tomorrow morning/afternoonish, I'm pretty exhausted at this point (damn me for skipping my usual post work nap!)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Feb 2014, 21:49:15

Hellheart wrote:((What you have is a good start, but I think it's mostly summary and I can't get a read off of you if you're posting summaries and easy reads. ))

Well I'm just going to post about what votes/actions tug the most at me; I posted more of my thoughts than I guess was probably needed or wanted last game and thus no one really listened to me, and I sat on neckless alone til Omega finally joined.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 21:52:09

Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:(( Ryvvn, I'd like your thoughts on Rictus, Zark, and either DOM or ICB. ))

I'll try to take a look but additional thoughts may have to wait for tomorrow morning/afternoonish, I'm pretty exhausted at this point (damn me for skipping my usual post work nap!)

(( What, no catnap? You must be exhausted.

I also want those names out in case I get shot (although I think one of those players is very likely to be human), but your thoughts on those players should give me at least a weak human or wolf lean.

What pegged you as human for me last game - other than your reaction to the Hunter claim and your general interactions with me - was your reasoning for the more complicated players. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 27 Feb 2014, 22:00:43

Hellheart wrote:((I also want those names out in case I get shot (although I think one of those players is very likely to be human), but your thoughts on those players should give me at least a weak human or wolf lean.

Good news is, if you get shot and flip wolf, you'll definitely help push my feelings on rekard and probably blind.

Hellheart wrote:What pegged you as human for me last game - other than your reaction to the Hunter claim and your general interactions with me - was your reasoning for the more complicated players. ))

Given your track record with "locking" humans, and my current distrust of you in your new role, I'm not sure I want you pegging me at all; I'm sure a wolf Hellheart would be perfectly happy to take an innocent Ryvvn down with him by defending my humanity and then yourself ending up being a wolf.

In any event, I really am beat, so I'll try to offer any additional reads I may have to the group as a whole tomorrow.

Smirker
Post Courtesan

Postby Smirker » 27 Feb 2014, 22:15:55

*intern Smirker puts out some fresh Coffee and (in the morning) breakfast Burritos for the Residents*

[[mostly posting to make sure I get notification on replies. ]]

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 27 Feb 2014, 23:05:13

(( Well, since Ryvvn will be happy to disagree with me and I doubt people are going to piggyback off of my reads at this point, I might as well get it out there.

I have a strong human read on ICB and a weak human read on rekard. Either I or ICB should have a weak human read on Ryvvn by EOD.

I believe that 1-2 wolves are in {Rictus, Zark, DOM}, my "hidden wolf shortlist."

• Admetus flipping wolf means that Rictus has out-wolfed everyone in the last two days.
  • Zark's wolfishness depends on his posts today, as his posts thus far have not been up to human-Zark standards.
  • DOM is getting a lot of attention from the more experienced players, who have been right thus far.

I'm almost certain that 1, maybe 2, wolves are in {Smirker, That PJ, Nitestorm}. Admetus' flipping wolf makes Nitestorm look "better" (with a perfect voting record, as CAD points out below) and Smirker look wolfy as hell:

1. Admetus moves off of Smirker late on Day 2 and human-Dferrantino gets lynched.
  2. Since this probably only matters if I'm shot, I'll go ahead and say that on Day 3, the first 3 votes on Smirker are from known humans.
    • Two wolf wagons are pushed for half a day, yet Smirker gets no votes until EOD. No other wagon gets votes until EOD, either.

Which brings me back to Rictus. Rictus' late tying vote for Visigoth on Day 3 is a brilliant vote for a wolf to make because it makes rekard look filthy if Visigoth gets lynched. Rictus was around for the start of Day 4 where he posted this little ditty about rekard, and then he's gone until his near-EOD vote.

Rictus wrote:
rekard wrote:[SNIP super-long quote]

Given current shenanigans of the last games, it wouldn't surprise me if we again got wolves on wolves, so it gives doubt.

The lord of light is inquiring about DOM.

You don't sound like a cat...

This sounds like a caught mouse trying to point out how juicy other mice are.

Rictus not casting a vote there, even though it puts rekard at an early 2, is very odd. Rictus likes to poke at players, IIRC. It was obvious to me that he'd do another vote-and-run, but the length and target of that EOD post is also very odd: I expected a short post with a vote for rekard, but he makes a long post with a vote for Blindsniper. He spent a lot less time on the post that tied two wolves.

Rictus' vote for Blindsniper instead of rekard prompted me to insist that rekard either switch his vote to Admetus or justify keeping his vote on Blindsniper.
Last edited by Hellheart on 28 Feb 2014, 02:18:33, edited 2 times in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Feb 2014, 02:03:12

I think I just developed the longest Excel function ever created. It uses Factions to add color code to the voting tallies for up to 32 players. Let's see if it works - and Zark will be happy to know that I am not colored blue this time.

[+] Day 1
ICB - 2 - rekard, Ozymandias
Visigoth - 2 - Smirker, DOM
dferrantino - 2 - Ryvvn, sphenodont
Hellheart - 2 - ICB, That PJ
Simple_Simon - 2 - MEM, Blindsniper
Blindsniper - 2 - Simple_Simon, Zark
Stigmata - 1 - Hellheart
sphenodont - 1 - dferrantino
Ozymandias - 1 - Nitestorm
Omega - 1 - San
Admetus - 1 - Omega
fuzzmz - 1 - Meta4
DOM - 1 - Admetus
San - 1 - fuzzmz
Rictus - 1 - Visigoth

[+] Day 2
dferrantino - 4 - ICB, DOM, CAD, Smirker
CAD - 3 - Penalty, Ozymandias, Meta4, dferrantino
Smirker - 3 - Simple_Simon, That PJ, Ozymandias, Admetus, Zark
Ozymandias - 2 - Nitestorm, Omega, Smirker
Stigmata - 2 - Penalty, Rictus
Blindsniper - 2 - rekard, Admetus
Rictus - 1 - Penalty, sphenodont
Simple_Simon - 1 - Smirker, Visigoth
Zark - 1 - San
That PJ - 1 - Ryvvn
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz
twdog - 1 - Penalty
fuzzmz - 1 - twdog
DOM - 1 - sphenodont
rekard - 1 - Blindsniper
Visigoth - 0 - Admetus
ICB - 0 - dferrantino
Nitestorm - 0 - Ozymandias

[+] Day 3
Admetus - 6 - Ryvvn, Blindsniper, Visigoth, Zark, Nitestorm, rekard
Visigoth - 6 - DOM, Meta4, fuzzmz, ICB, Admetus, Rictus
Smirker - 4 - San, Simple_Simon, Hellheart, sphenodont
Blindsniper - 2 - twdog, Smirker
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
sphenodont - 0 - rekard
That PJ - 0 - Hellheart, Nitestorm
CAD - 0 - Admetus
ICB - 0 - Nitestorm

[+] Day 4
Blindsniper - 4 - DOM, twdog, Zark, rekard, Simple_Simon, Rictus
Admetus - 4 - Meta4, Nitestorm, Ryvvn, rekard
rekard - 3 - Hellheart, That PJ, Admetus
Meta4 - 3 - sphenodont, Blindsniper, Smirker, CAD
CAD - 2 - Penalty, Penalty
DOM - 1 - rekard, Blindsniper
Smirker - 1 - ICB
sphenodont - 0 - Admetus
Hellheart - 0 - Nitestorm
Last edited by Hellheart on 28 Feb 2014, 02:48:31, edited 2 times in total.