Day 7: Subway

"We have nothing to fear except ourselves. We are unholy, awful people. Fear ourselves with silence. Look down, Night Vale. Look down and forget what you've done." -Town Motto
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 7: Subway

Postby FurinMirado » 02 Mar 2014, 18:11:59

The leftovers at the back of the refrigerator are starting to grow tentacles…which means they’re almost ready. Welcome to Night Vale.

We have sent our newest intern, Bobby, to the local Subway restaurant for their comments on 7-zark-7’s death yesterday. There will be more on that if and when he returns.

The Sheriff’s Secret Police have detained sphenodont and he has quickly confessed to being a Werewolf. Well, that was easy.

Big Rico, of Big Rico’s pizza, would like to announce that anyone who visited his tent at the festival and ordered the “Meat Zealot” pizza should seek immediate medical attention. This is especially true if you are exhibiting any of the following symptoms:

Cauliflower-shaped growths
Lascivious Liver Syndrome
Buzzing Boils
Jalapeno Chili Peepers
Buffalo Wings (8 feet long)

There will be a tent set up in the vacant lot out back of the Ralph’s. You should head there immediately.

The Sheriff’s Secret Police, in coordination with a vague yet menacing government agency, have another announcement to make. Apparently sphenodont has also confessed to being a German, a Zirconian and made out of Legos. Well that’s…interesting…I guess.

It looks like I received a text while reading that announcement. It’s from our newest intern, Bobby. He says it was all too easy to enter the Subway, but once inside there are no exits. Only racks of Sun Chips, empty smiling faces at the counter, and a long line at the soda fountain. It looks like he attempted to type more but it has turned to hieroglyphics. Now there is nothing on my phone but a scrolling marquee that reads “Many ways in, no ways out. Subway: Eat Fresh. Eat so horribly, gruesomely, terrifyingly fresh”.

To the parents of Bobby Winters, we regret (what can only assume is) his death. Also to anyone out there hearing this, it may be best not to go to the Subway for a while.

We must now retract our earlier statements about sphenodont. It seems he is merely a pathological liar and desperate for attention. He is most definitely a Resident and is now being groomed for political office by terror spiders.

It appears there is a commotion outside the radio station. With no interns available, I will have to check it out for myself. Wish me luck, listeners.

*sound of footsteps slowly receding into the distance and then quickly returning*

*panting, catches breath* There is…blood smeared across the station windows. It appears that Nitestorm has perhaps fallen victim to the feral dogs that plagued us last year. Leaving his shredded remains…right in front of our door can only be…a message. A warning…to yours truly in the radio booth. This is Cecil signing off…for perhaps the last time. Good night, Night Vale, good night.

Sphenodont - Lynched – Resident
Nitestorm - Mauled – Resident

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 7: Subway

Postby FurinMirado » 02 Mar 2014, 18:13:03

Final Tally:

sphenodont - 4 - Iron Clad Burrito, rekard, DastardlyOldMan, That PJ
That PJ - 3 - Nitestorm, Rictus, BlindSniper83
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - Clearasday, sphenodont
BlindSniper83 - 1 - Ryvvn
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - meta4

Did Not Vote (1): fuzzmz

Fuzzmz will have 2 penalty votes today.

Edit: Fixed number of penalty votes on Fuzzmz

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 02 Mar 2014, 18:29:28

Well, hell.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 02 Mar 2014, 20:06:02

Hm. Ok. We can only fail one more lynch. 2 days left. We are 7 vs 3 wolves right now. So let's see.

If fuzzmz misses another vote, will he be wogged? It would be sort of dumb if he were a wolf and kept surviving with the recent missed days, although he did vote for a wolf already. Either way, let's hope he comes back to vote. He can be a wolf, and his apparent error of vote on day 4 made people feel iffy.

The maul of Nitestorm is curious since his randomness leads to get him lynched most of the time. Although this game he did some accurate votes which made him looks less suspicious than others. Although he had voted for PJ for two days straight. If PJ is a wolf it could be a signal of a wolf move to take an obstacle out of the way, but sort of obvious.

I do not know about DOM right now. His reasoning seems to make sense although with decisions that end poorly. PJ has something right in DOM that as a wolf his vig on Hellheart might not make sense or favor for a wolf. On the other hand, when you vig a wolfy player that other players agree on, it can provide a cushion for that double edged wolf vig. He voted for Visigoth twice even endangering him on day 1. It can be human but the possibility of pulling a sort of ICB of the previous game gives me noise.

Clear missed the vote in the big wolfwagon day and could apply for a wolf. He is being critical of other players and too sure of what he does, but that's how he can be. He could be wolf or human.

Meta4 has voted for two wolves on key days albeit still having low participation. He seems to be putting more attention this game. Those votes make him look better.

Except for yesterday and day 3, Blindsniper has been voting in a revenge mode with a poorly targeted vig. Admetus voted for him as a throwaway wagon on day 2. On day 3 he voted for Admetus early. Either it could be an indication of the wolf team or he got accurate in that vote.

Ryyvn has been direct, and made two votes against Admetus, especially on day 4 where he enabled that wagon critically. He has stuck strongly to Blindsniper for the last two days. If Blindsniper is a human, Ryyvn would be more wolfy.

Rictus made the critical vote on Visigoth on day 3. As I said yesterday, it might have been too convenient or even forced. If he had not voted Visi at that time he would have gotten considerable flak. His vote for Blindsniper on day 4 can be suspect for its content and timing. If Blind is human, then he could have protected Admetus from lynch and well lynching a player just cuz of a bad vig is not really good.

ICB seems to be going on a path to vote for the off wolf people from day 3, although without success. I arrived to similar decisions so I can see that perspective. Although, he seems honest on his words. It helps that Ozy voted for him on day 1 to get the wagon going on him. He voted for Visigoth on day 3 and conributed to that.

Hmm. That being said. Rictus. I think he is likely to be a wolf voter on day 3. But hard to decide. All voters from that day can have a wolf case.
Last edited by rekard on 03 Mar 2014, 06:56:48, edited 1 time in total.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 02 Mar 2014, 21:25:31

While Rictus fits my belief that there's at least one wolf-on-wolf vote D1, the fact that he missed his own D1 vote does have me focusing more on two others: ICB and DOM.

DOM voted against wolf Visi, and ICB was voted on by wolf Ozy.

Looking at subsequent days, I'm starting to see some pecularities:
  • D2. Both ICB and DOM are found as early and instrumental votes in building the human dferr kill wagon.
  • D3. Both ICB and DOM are found in wolf Visi's kill wagon, along with wolf Admetus, a mass wolf pile up would not be surprising since the two leads were wolves and one had to go down.
  • D4. If Blind's a human, and I'm right that Rictus isn't the one to suspect here, then that puts DOM as the potential wolf on a (maybe) human Blind's wagon against wolf Admetus' kill wagon. Meanwhile, ICB is sitting alone on human Smirker.
  • D5. ICB is found on Smirker's wagon again, this time it turns out to be a kill wagon for a human. And DOM is found alone on spheno.
  • D6. Both ICB and DOM are found within the first ~half of the day's votes and are again instrumental in pushing a human (spheno's) kill wagon.
So, DOM has voted against 3 known humans, killing 2; and voted against 2 known wolves, killing 1.
ICB has voted against 5 humans, killing 4; and voted against 1 wolves, killing 1.

One other thing was quite noticeable, rekard, and that was your own presence in relation to them these past two days: You're on human Smirker's kill wagon with ICB on D5, and on human spheno's kill wagon with both ICB and DOM on D6.

I'm not ready to consider you more suspect than them yet, and looking at my own notes above, I kind of have to admit my instincts may possibly be wrong about Blind being the wolf vig; I mean you toss in DOM's vig kill against human Hellmata (also that the original Hellheart was killed by ICB), and the two of them have been on quite a tear through the human ranks if you ask me.

And given the threat level of ICB toward humans is slightly more than DOM's own record, I'll settle on Iron Clad Burrito being my most likely wolf candidate right now.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 03:38:50

Current Tally:

fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - Ryvvn
Rictus - 1 - rekard

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Mar 2014, 06:11:06

Been looking through some of the recent days, and I'm starting to get really nervous about ICB and rekard. They've been leading a lot of wagons against humans, and generally with a good success rate. Even their posts ruminating over who might be wolves seems to result in a list of proven humans (now, after the fact).

Whatever the case, we really can't afford to get it wrong this time. rekard's wrong--we can only fail one more lynch if we want to succeed. Less if there are loaded vigilantes that might misfire.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 03 Mar 2014, 06:52:20

Yeah, I probably deserve to die, but once I go, be prepared to be perfect. I have had a horrible game, but I will be your last bit of leeway.

((vote and analyzing later, weather permitting.))

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 03 Mar 2014, 07:16:50

That PJ wrote:Been looking through some of the recent days, and I'm starting to get really nervous about ICB and rekard. They've been leading a lot of wagons against humans, and generally with a good success rate. Even their posts ruminating over who might be wolves seems to result in a list of proven humans (now, after the fact).

Whatever the case, we really can't afford to get it wrong this time. rekard's wrong--we can only fail one more lynch if we want to succeed. Less if there are loaded vigilantes that might misfire.

Yeah. We can only fail one lynch. Wrote that wrong. If we have two aimless vigs this could be the final day, but I doubt it. Normally we're told if it's the final possible day, the Lynch or Lose day.

Although, if Fuzzmz gets wogged,and he's a human and a vigilante kills a human, we would lose if a human is lynched.

It would be dumb if we lose due to a WOG.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 07:18:07

rekard wrote:It would be dumb if we lose due to a WOG.

Not going to happen.

Meta4
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Meta4 » 03 Mar 2014, 07:40:19

I think I might be on to something with Ice Cold Burrito.
"...it continues to be a bad idea to give in to the urge to lynch Meta4." -Admetus

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 03 Mar 2014, 08:14:36

Meta4 wrote:I think I might be on to something with Ice Cold Burrito.

You aren't, but I understand.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 08:17:12

That PJ wrote:Been looking through some of the recent days, and I'm starting to get really nervous about ICB and rekard. They've been leading a lot of wagons against humans, and generally with a good success rate. Even their posts ruminating over who might be wolves seems to result in a list of proven humans (now, after the fact).

You're reasoning here is why I don't trust rekard.... I noticed the same "omission".

Doesn't mean I trust YOU any more than before, but rekard is very wolfy to me. I've been downplaying it because I thought it was my own bias, but we're getting to the point where we need to catch a wolf and maybe a bias is actually a hunch.
Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 10:15:36

Current Tally:

Iron Clad Burrito - 2 - Ryvvn, meta4
fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
Rictus - 1 - rekard

fuzzmz
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby fuzzmz » 03 Mar 2014, 11:28:07

God damn it, battling the little people living under the bowling alley seems to have made me miss yesterdays vote. This shall not happen again.

Just to maybe save my ass, Rictus.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 11:48:23

Votes w pretty colors.

Day 1 Vote:
BlindSniper83 - (2) - simple_simon, 7-zark-7
dferrantino - (2) - Ryvvn, sphenodont
Hellheart - (2) - Iron Clad Burrito, That PJ
Iron Clad Burrito - (2) - rekard, Ozymandias
simple_simon - (2) - Mister E. Meat, Blindsniper83
Visigoth - (2) - Smirker, DastardlyOldMan
Admetus - (1) - Omega
DastardlyOldMan - (1) - Admetus
fuzzmz - (1) - meta4
Omega - (1) - San
Ozymandias - (1) - Nitestorm
Rictus - (1) - Visigoth
San - (1) - fuzzmz
sphenodont - (1) - dferrantino
stigmata - (1) - Hellheart

Yet to Vote (4) - Clearasday, Rictus, stigmata, twdog

Day 2 Vote
dferrantino - 4 - Iron Clad Burrito, DastardlyOldMan, Clearasday, Smirker
Clearasday - 3 - Penalty x1, meta4, dferrantino
Smirker - 3 - simple_simon, That PJ, 7-zark-7
BlindSniper83 - 2 - rekard, Admetus
stigmata - 2 - Penalty x1, Rictus
7-zark-7 - 1 - San
DastardlyOldMan - 1 - sphenodont
fuzzmz - 1 - twdog
rekard - 1 - BlindSniper83
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz
simple_simon - 1 - Visigoth
That PJ - 1 - Ryvvn
Rictus - 1 - Penalty x1
twdog - 1 - Penalty x1

Did Not Vote (3): Nitestorm, Omega, Stigmata
Nitestorm and Omega will not be penalized as they had votes for Ozymandias prior to his vig shot.

Day 3 Vote
Admetus - 6 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm, rekard
Visigoth - 6 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4, fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus, Rictus
Smirker - 4 - San, simple_simon, stigmata 2.0, sphenodont
BlindSniper83 - 2 - twdog, Smirker
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ

Has not Voted (1): Clearasday
Clearasday will have 2 Penalty Votes today. One more missed vote and he will be removed from reality.

Day 4 vote
Blindsniper83 (4) - DastardlyOldMan, 7-zark-7, simple_simon, Rictus
Admetus (4) - Meta4, Nitestorm, Ryvvn, rekard
rekard (3) - Hellheart, That PJ, Admetus
Meta4 (3) - sphenodont, smirker, Clearasday
Clearasday (2) - Penaltyx2
DastardlyOldMan (1) - blindsniper83
Smirker (1) - Iron Clad Burrito

Did not Vote: Fuzzm

Day 5 vote
BlindSniper83 - 3 - Ryvvn, That PJ, Smirker
DastardlyOldMan - 3 - Clearasday, sphenodont, Rictus
Smirker - 3 - rekard, ICB, 7-zark-7
Ryvvn - 2 - fuzzmz, BlindSniper83
sphenodont - 1 - DastardlyOldMan
That PJ - 1 - Nitestorm
fuzzmz - 1 - Penalty

Did Not Vote: meta4
((Meta4 did vote for stigmata 2.0 so he will not be penalized.))

Day 6 vote:

sphenodont - 4 - Iron Clad Burrito, rekard, DastardlyOldMan, That PJ
That PJ - 3 - Nitestorm, Rictus, BlindSniper83
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - Clearasday, sphenodont
BlindSniper83 - 1 - Ryvvn
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - meta4

Did Not Vote (1): fuzzmz
Fuzzmz will have 2 penalty votes today.
Charming, to the last.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 11:49:02

fuzzmz wrote:God damn it, battling the little people living under the bowling alley seems to have made me miss yesterdays vote. This shall not happen again.

Why no ICB? Weird.

FurinMirado wrote:Current Tally:

fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
Rictus - 1 - rekard
Charming, to the last.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Mar 2014, 11:53:59

Rictus wrote:
fuzzmz wrote:God damn it, battling the little people living under the bowling alley seems to have made me miss yesterdays vote. This shall not happen again.

Why no ICB? Weird.

I found that to be really weird, too.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 03 Mar 2014, 11:58:25

If you wanted to save your butt, ICB should have been the choice. Either you didn't read the thread appropriately or you're being a bit too shifty.

I could understand if there was another reason or a better justification, but the vote doesn't match your argument too much.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 03 Mar 2014, 12:11:02

I'd chime in on that odd Rictus vote, but it seems you all have that pretty well covered.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 03 Mar 2014, 12:31:28

rekard wrote:Rictus made the critical vote on Visigoth on day 3. As I said yesterday, it might have been too convenient or even forced. If he had not voted Visi at that time he would have gotten considerable flak. His vote for Blindsniper on day 4 can be suspect for its content and timing. If Blind is human, then he could have protected Admetus from lynch and well lynching a player just cuz of a bad vig is not really good.

What was critical about Rictus' vote on Day 3? There were two wolves up for lynching - Rictus could've gone off to the Smirker wagon, which would've looked really, really bad (see: sphenodont), or he was going to vote for a wolf. I'm inclined toward Rictus, definitely more than ICB at this point, although I don't know if he's my top suspect.

I don't know that I'm buying blindsniper as a wolf, still, for Day 4 alone. Admetus vs. Visigoth on Day 3, and then blindsniper vs. Admetus on Day 4? I just don't think the humans are that good, collectively, but we've seen how pattern-analysis can get us into trouble. It is interesting that neither blind nor Admetus defense-voted for the other on that day, but Admetus and Visigoth had no problem with that the day prior. Closer vote, here, with more folks in the running? I need to go back and look at the timing closer, I guess.

I don't like the people on the Smirker wagon (taking back how I feel about ICB, I guess). That's an ugly lynch when Smirker's back & forth with Ozy was so strong.

The "Day 3 off-wagons" : ThatPJ, CAD
The "R" wolves: Rictus, Ryvvn, rekard - all kind of striking bad tones for me.

I'm ~most inclined to trust ICB and blind, still. With three wolves still out, need to visit to see where the groups are, play with some hypotheticals.

And no idea about the Fuzz vote here, other than he probably doesn't have a bunch of wolves providing him guidance in another forum, or they're trying to surreptitiously pile on Rictus, and fuzz isn't so good at surreptitious?

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 13:45:28

One nice thing about these days is that they're all very short... just a couple pages each. So much nicer to be able to go back and re-read.

I spoiled all of it below, but the bottom line is this for Day 3:
At 20:04, Admetus votes for Visigoth to tie at 5 each. I think he only did this because the wolves had a vote lined up to force Admetus to be lynched.

So one of these players was designated as the one to make sure Admetus 'won' the lynch:

Players who could have voted to condemn Admetus:
rekard - (sitting on Sphenodont all day)
That PJ - sitting alone on Nitestorm
Clearasday - no vote (also, had not voted Day 1)
Rictus - no vote (also had not voted Day 1)

Otherwise, it would have been somebody to switch OFF of Visigoth:
DastardlyOldMan, Meta4, Fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito

Of these possibilities, the one that actually happened was redacted rekard. Occam's razor and all that.

My second choice for wolf would be DastardlyOldMan.

My third is Clearasday.

[+] Day 3, in way too much detail
Ryvvn starts off with a vote for Admetus. Hellheart and Admetus talk a bit about his (Admetus) wolf-ness. Then rekard comes out early (just a couple of hours after last EOD) with a harsh critique of Admetus, but votes for sphenodont. Blindsniper piles on to Admetus and at 10:00AM the votes look like this:

Admetus - 2 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83
Clearasday - 1 - Admetus
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - Nitestorm
Smirker - 1 - San
sphenodont - 1 - rekard
Nitestorm - ThatPJ

(Opinion: Admetus has been in the lead all night, I suspect everyone in the wolf forum was told "take advantage of it, Admetus is dying today")

45 minutes later, DOM and Meta4 place votes on Visigoth, who is now tied with dead-wolf-walking-Admetus.

Lunch Break means Current Vote Tally:

Visigoth - 2 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4
Clearasday - 1 - Admetus
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - Nitestorm
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
Smirker - 1 - San
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

A flurry of activity means two more bandwagons are pushed up... sadly the 4 people voting are all (dead) humans. So no wolves protecting Admetus and Visigoth (yet).

Vote Tally before 5PM:

Smirker - 2 - San, simple_simon
That PJ - 2 - stigmata 2.0, Nitestorm
Visigoth - 2 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4
Clearasday - 1 - Admetus
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

So with 4 bandwagons at two votes each, Visigoth makes the critical vote at 17:22 to push Admetus up out of the ties. Why?

Couple of obvious theories here:
1) It was already decided that Admetus was the sacrificial wolf. When Admetus gets lynched, massive human cred for Visigoth for casting the threatening vote.
2) There is another wolf in danger. We know this is obviously true with Visigoth. It might be true with That PJ.

Then:
Hellheart (stigmata 2.0) votes for Smirker
twdog votes for Blindsniper
Admetus posts w no vote (still sitting on Clearasday)
fuzzmz adds Visigoth (this ties Admetus and Visigoth)
Zark votes for Admetus
Iron Clad Burrito votes for Visigoth
Nitestorm votes for Admetus
Then Admetus finally flips to Visigoth.

And that is how, with 1 hour left before EOD we have:
Our GM at 26 Feb 2014, 20:08 wrote:Slightly less than an hour to go:

Admetus - 5 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm
Visigoth - 5 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4, fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus
Smirker - 3 - San, simple_simon, stigmata 2.0
BlindSniper83 - 1 - twdog
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ
sphenodont - 1 - rekard

Has not Voted (4): Clearasday, Rictus, Smirker, sphenodont

Somewhere in here, I'm convinced, is the wolf-vote that will get Admetus get lynched. I don't think Admetus would have tied with Visigoth if he didn't already know who was going to vote for him.

Smirker throws a vote out for Blindsniper, then Sphenodont for Smirker.

Finally, with 15 minutes to spare, Rekard moves his vote onto Admetus.

Then Rictus comes in and tie it up with Visigoth.
Last edited by Rictus on 03 Mar 2014, 17:47:15, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 13:56:58

Current Tally with about 4 Hours to go:

Rictus - 2 - rekard, fuzzmz
fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
rekard - 1 - Rictus

Yet to Vote (5): Blindsniper83, Clearasday, DastardlyOldMan, Iron Clad Burrito, That PJ

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 03 Mar 2014, 14:26:10

Nope Rictus. I vote for the one I think is a wolf, no matter the position. As simple as that.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 03 Mar 2014, 14:59:32

Hey guise I heard someone didn't vote for me is this true

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 15:51:59

rekard wrote:Nope Rictus. I vote for the one I think is a wolf, no matter the position. As simple as that.

So you think I'm a wolf?

Do you think I was trying to rescue Admetus when I pushed up Visigoth for the tie?
Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 16:00:15

Current Tally with about 2 Hours to go:

fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
rekard - 1 - Rictus

Yet to Vote (5): Blindsniper83, Clearasday, DastardlyOldMan, Iron Clad Burrito, That PJ

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 03 Mar 2014, 16:17:17

Rictus. I do agree wolves must have decided at some point that they would sacrifice one of them on Day 3. They could have tried to tie up Smirker at 5 votes near the end but I switched to Admetus. My vote for sphenodont was a phony one from the start as you can see from the poor reasoning I did for him. like to do that in all games since wolves get the wrong idea and it works sometimes. I can see a wolf Rictus voting Visigoth in hopes for getting credibility from a dead wolf, as that would have been your best option.

On Day 4, a wolf Rictus could have rescued Admetus when you voted Blindsniper (if he's human) and put him at a 2 vote advantage. That's why I voted Blind, to see if anyone fell for it. I switched to Admetus when I saw you getting Blind to 5 votes with that reasoning of punishing a vigilante.
Although it is strange indeed that neither didn't vote for self defense. But that's the part I refer to you maybe defending Admetus, specially if Blind is a human.

That's why I suspect you considerably for a wolf. But who knows if my vote for you is a real one or not. That's the trick. But that weird Fuzzmz vote makes me doubt.

And with being there not much more discussion, it's tough to be.

I do think maybe there is one wolf between PJ or Clearasday, but the developments of the recent two days make me insecure of that. Wolves could like us to keep thinking that.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Mar 2014, 16:45:53

I think fuzzmz is almost definitely a wolf, at this point. The Ryvven vote slip and now poor justification for a Rictus vote? Very, very suspicious.

I don't know what's going on with ICB and rekard, but the more I've thought about it, the more I think one of them is a wolf--but not both. I can't settle on which seems more likely.

I am still utterly, utterly stunned that we're not collectively pursuing Blindsniper, and didn't do so in the first place.

Those are my top wolf picks. I agree there is some haziness to Rictus's voting choices and I haven't made my peace with that, but he feels less wolfy to me.

Still trying to figure out where to vote. :(

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 03 Mar 2014, 16:51:14

Welcome to TWG LXVI, where the votes are made up and the outcome doesn't matter.

Retracted f. Rictus for the defense. I may not be back, haven't decided yet.
Last edited by Iron Clad Burrito on 03 Mar 2014, 17:18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: retraction, you silly.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 03 Mar 2014, 16:53:49

Blind is a possibility PJ, but he could just be a bad vigilante. What is what makes you more sure of Blind being a wolf?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 17:04:50

About 1 Hour Left:

Rictus - 3 - rekard, fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito
fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
rekard - 1 - Rictus

Yet to Vote (4): Blindsniper83, Clearasday, DastardlyOldMan, That PJ

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Mar 2014, 17:09:17

rekard wrote:Blind is a possibility PJ, but he could just be a bad vigilante. What is what makes you more sure of Blind being a wolf?

I don't know that it's fair to call me 'sure' of anything. It's clear to me that there are ploys and strategies and tactics that I'm barely even cognizant of.

That said, Blind took a shot at someone with very little obvious motivation, while in no particular jeopardy, and has made no effort to explain or apologize for weakening the human position. DOM also took a bad shot at someone, but at least there was a justification that seemed human--or at least, more human than wolf. I'm not crazy about that move either, but it seems like the jump to condemn DOM was much faster and more intense than anything aimed at Blind.

Maybe this is par for the course in the wolf game. I'm new, and my first exposure to a vigilante shot was Zark's excellent one at Ozy. But Blind's seems without motivation and without repercussions, which is exactly what a wolf would want.

Tell me what I'm not seeing, please.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 03 Mar 2014, 17:13:11

I can't afford to throw my vote away on DOM today, even if I think we're all being incredibly dumb not focusing on the vigilante's for a likely guaranteed wolf. I think it's telling that some of the older players here are neglecting this fact.

ICB then because you've been giving off signs that have been putting me on edge for the last two days and though I've tried to pass them off as 'normal' ICB, I still believe that you're acting substantially more stubborn and wrong than you normally would do. Also I currently believe Rictus to be barely scrape by as more human than you. I will be around for a little while yet though to listen to arguments.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 03 Mar 2014, 17:18:04

...guess I came back.

CAD's one of the wolves. His reasoning behind my attitude are simply false, and demonstrated by looking at the lack of belligerent posting I've made this game. Yesterday he was chiding me and rekard for making a stupid lynch vote on smirker that he heartily endorsed the day prior -- when we made the votes. CAD is pulling out emotion arguments which is really stupid, because you could have lynched me a couple of days ago logically, and you can't afford to lynch me now.

I realize that this vote directly puts me in danger, but I want you guys to read this post again when I am lynched tonight. When I show up as human, you're all going to be dumbfounded.

Clearasday

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 03 Mar 2014, 17:18:11

Well PJ, the thing is that a lot of vigilantes have killed humans in the past while being humans. Zark is one of those, and he in fact vigged me when I was a human and he was human on a day 2. I am still planning my revenge on him.

So that's probably a bit of the experience most people here have with past vigilantes. It also it's not the first time Blind does a bad vig kill. He can still be a wolf, with the amount we had.

I would say the reaction to DOM's kill was also because he was the 4th vigilante in the game which increases the possibility of there being a 2nd wolf vigilante.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 03 Mar 2014, 17:25:26

Iron Clad Burrito wrote:...guess I came back.

CAD's one of the wolves. His reasoning behind my attitude are simply false, and demonstrated by looking at the lack of belligerent posting I've made this game. Yesterday he was chiding me and rekard for making a stupid lynch vote on smirker that he heartily endorsed the day prior -- when we made the votes. CAD is pulling out emotion arguments which is really stupid, because you could have lynched me a couple of days ago logically, and you can't afford to lynch me now.

I realize that this vote directly puts me in danger, but I want you guys to read this post again when I am lynched tonight. When I show up as human, you're all going to be dumbfounded.

Clearasday

I think your reaction proves exactly the opposite ICB. You're a great one to poke because we all know exactly what it does. It leads to you showing your true colours. You don't react well to votes on you do you? To give a little defence against that, you know that my arguments switch daily and will always switch daily. You've played with me long enough to know that's because I don't listen to votes. I listen to how people feel. And yes, I may have said a few days ago that I thought Smirker felt good. And I may have changed my mind the next day. That's what I do. And that's what you're doing to me now by voting for me suddenly. So to say that flexibility and inability to make a concrete decision on someone makes me a wolf, is actually the opposite of what I know to be the truth. Inability to make decisions is a human tell. Your case is entirely wrong. Before I was struggling over you and Rictus. You can either give me a better reason to change to him, or you can get lynched. There are plenty of better arguments out there right now that people are voicing, that YOU could be voicing. And the fact that you're focusing on this is telling.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 17:25:50

35 Minutes Remaining:

Iron Clad Burrito - 3 - Ryvvn, meta4, Clearasday
fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
Clearasday - 1 - Iron Clad Burrito
rekard - 1 - Rictus

Yet to Vote (3): Blindsniper83, DastardlyOldMan, That PJ

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 17:29:37

A couple of games ago I spent a long time trying to figure out why Hellheart was a wolf... and the problem was every time I tried to look at Hellheart's votes, DastardlyOldBuddy was right there with him. I couldn't make the argument that one was the wolf without the other one being right there besides him. And I only needed to find one wolf, Zark was the other (we were convinced).

Of course you know how it ends, they were the last two wolves, and I didn't figure it out until about 15 mins before EOD. Wolves won.

So maybe DOM and ICB are the devilish duo this time around. Ryvvn has pointed out how they are together on Days 2, 3, and 6.

And this post from today:
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:

... I realize that this vote directly puts me in danger, but I want you guys to read this post again when I am lynched tonight. When I show up as human, you're all going to be dumbfounded.

... sounds a lot like this vote when ICB was a wolf last game:
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=411&start=50#p19316
Iron Clad Burrito wrote:No, I'm not sharing any insight with you all until you come to your senses. We've watched 2 humans die because Ozymandias thinks I'm a wolf, and voted those humans out to counter my votes. So obviously, since I've been the last vote on all the 2nd-place finishes so far, I'm a wolf.

You should all further this theory by piling on Aldax now, so I can be the last voter on Stigmata.

Go sit in a corner and think about what you've done.
Charming, to the last.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 03 Mar 2014, 17:30:22

OK - took some time, did a reread, and started comparing everyone still alive - not just to the wolves in the voting history - but to each other. Almost 1/3 of the players remaining are wolves. Basic thoughts on the surviving 9 (did not include myself in end-analysis, but I'll drop my relationship-notes in at the end). I looked heavily at the voting on Day 4, when there were 6 people at 2 votes, and the votes that moved people to Day 3 (I looked at everything, but there's a lot of meat *there*).

<<FURIN - no votes in this mess>>

No real order here, but greens first. When I say "not on a team", I mean not on a wolf-pack that realize they're a team.

blindsniper83 - as mentioned earlier, he was Admetus' counter-wagon on Day4. Has been threatened by all but 4 of the remaining players. If he is a wolf, most likely he's a wolf with either ICB, Fuzz, or CAD (maybe Meta4, but Meta4's voted on ICB & Fuzz). (4/8 relationships)

rekard - on Day4, Admetus moved him up to 3 votes, making him the 3rd 3-vote wagon. Significant threat - did Admetus already know he was out the door? rekard's really only threatened blindsniper of those remaining. He ~defended CAD against penalty-votes. Some back & forth with ICB (1.75/8 relationships)

fuzzmz - Third vote on Admetus Day 3, before the wagons had really solidified. Hard to think the wolves planned to sacrifice that early. Voted on by meta4, no other relationships. (1/8 relationships)

Ryvvn - Pushed Admetus to 3 on Day4, making him the 2nd 3-vote wagon - key vote against Admetus. Repeat question about rekard, but after sacrificing Visigoth, were the wolves really going to sacrifice Admetus as well? Threatened both blindsniper and ThatPJ. (2/8 relationships)

ICB - I've had him ~human since Ozy threatened him on Day1, but holding judgement on that. Some back & forth with rekard. Not on a team with Meta4. (1.5/8 relationships)

CAD - looks good if Ozy's attack against CAD no penalty-vote day was legit, but you'll note that he's not colored green here. Has been followed by Meta4 & PJ; threatened Meta4 and was threatened by Meta4. Definitely not on a team with Meta4 ~Rictus and rekard defended against taking advantage of his penalty votes. (2.75/8 relationships)

PJ - threatened blindsniper several times, they're probably not on the same team. Was threatened by Ryvvn, Rictus. Lots of wolf-tells early on, but could have been newbie tells ("so-and-so looks suspicious. No vote yet." Several quick-follows.) I had some reason for thinking more humanish, but lost that reason, so neutral? Not on a team with Ryvvn, Rictus, or blindsniper. Followed ICB and CAD. (3.75/8 relationships)

meta4 - threatened CAD, been threatened by CAD, voted fuzz, ICB (not threats). No real read. (3/8 relationships)

Rictus - threatened blindsniper, PJ, ~defended CAD against penalty votes. (2.5 relationships)

And let's see:
DOM - not on a team with blindsniper (we've voted against each other several times, threats), CAD, or Rictus, and I had a temp throwaway vote on fuzz.

Aaand, still need to vote, don't I?

e: Man, you should see my "Civ IV-style relationship diagram" in MS-Paint that I drew up for this. It rivals a Picasso.
Last edited by DastardlyOldMan on 03 Mar 2014, 17:31:31, edited 1 time in total.

Iron Clad Burrito
Propmaster Emiritus

Postby Iron Clad Burrito » 03 Mar 2014, 17:30:46

Clearasday wrote: There are plenty of better arguments out there right now that people are voicing, that YOU could be voicing. And the fact that you're focusing on this is telling.

Shrug. When you see the vote results tomorrow, come back to this post.

I've had a bad game, I keep admitting that.

Strange how last game I continually tried to kill wolves, and was a wolf... and so this game I've had a run of bad luck analyzing, so I must be a wolf.

I ALWAYS react this way when I'm in on the chopping block, human or wolf. Why? To provide entertainment. You think it's amusing? My job here is done. :)

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 03 Mar 2014, 17:34:31

Going with Rictus over ICB or CAD, since those appear to be my choices right now. Rictus turning up wolf would probably ~clear sniper & PJ as more human, based solely on vote analysis.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 17:41:38

Interesting how Fuzzmz was right, way back at the beginning of the day.
Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 17:45:32

Since we're at the 15 minute mark:

Iron Clad Burrito - 3 - Ryvvn, meta4, Clearasday
Rictus - 3 - rekard, fuzzmz, DastardlyOldMan
fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
rekard - 1 - Rictus

Yet to Vote (2): Blindsniper83, That PJ

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 17:46:37

I will move to redacted Fuzzmz to make it 3 on him.
Last edited by Rictus on 03 Mar 2014, 17:59:36, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 03 Mar 2014, 17:54:32

Rictus
i have a feeling he's one of thse werekitties
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Mar 2014, 17:56:36

Going to promote the tie. Iron Clad Burrito

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 17:57:35

Barring any last-minute shenanigans:

Iron Clad Burrito - 4 - Ryvvn, meta4, Clearasday, That PJ
Rictus - 4 - rekard, fuzzmz, DastardlyOldMan, BlindSniper83
fuzzmz - 3 - Penaltyx2, Rictus

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 03 Mar 2014, 17:58:28

That PJ wrote:Going to promote the tie. Iron Clad Burrito

ties this late in game are bad iedas, gives wolves vote control
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 17:59:03

Iron Clad Burrito then to try and live.
Charming, to the last.

Return to “Night Vale”