Day 8: Protocol

"We have nothing to fear except ourselves. We are unholy, awful people. Fear ourselves with silence. Look down, Night Vale. Look down and forget what you've done." -Town Motto
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 8: Protocol

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 18:10:08

To err is human; to forgive requires a signed Q-42 form, two picture IDs and $75. Welcome to Night Vale.

Welcome back, listeners. I am glad to be on the air this morning after last night’s excitement. I actually spent all night holed up in my booth here at the station and awoke to find…Kari, our station intern. This is strange because she had disappeared three days ago. You might not remember her because…no one remembers. She not only disappeared from space but time as well, it seems. We are delighted to have her back, not only because we just lost our last intern to Subway, but also because it turns out she is quite good at warding spells. The station is now protected from most malevolent beings below soul strength 9.

In other news, Night Vale Community College wishes to announce it will be re-opening now that it has recovered from the aftermath of the ‘Boxing Day Incident’ of last year. Enroll now to learn such things as:

Psychiatry
Air Conditioning Repair
Skin Walking
Blood Stone Circle Maintenance
Interior Design

Act now! The first 10 students get a free homunculus.

The Sheriff’s Secret Police, in coordination with a vague yet menacing government agency, have been interrogating Iron Clad Burrito for hours and he continues to insist that he is a Resident. The City Council has unsealed the Dystopia Protocol allowing the Sheriff’s Secret Police to take additional measures to make absolutely sure he is telling the truth. As a result, from 2pm to 9pm, all chairs, sofas, loveseats and ottomans will cease to function. One should not attempt to sit, lean or recline on any of these even if they appear fully functional.

Observant citizens may have noticed the streets around the festival are now free of the oddly misshapen human limbs that grow right out of the asphalt. At the same time, the population of Night Vale has doubled. No, your eyes are not playing tricks on you. It seems that every Night Vale citizen now has a duplicate born from our very streets. The Night Vale City Council was quick to prohibit the use of one’s duplicate to cast a second vote. In fact, anyone caught submitting two votes should be prepared to disappear for quite some time.

Larry Leroy, out on the edge of town, has called in to let everyone know that Meta4’s partially eaten remains are hanging from a McDonald’s billboard just off the highway. Someone has used his blood to rewrite the billboard to say “I’m Maulin’ It” which is really just a rehash of the Subway sign murder. Clearly they are bankrupt both morally AND creatively.

Bats the size of geese have begun circling overhead which can only mean that the Dystopia Protocol has come to a close. In fact, joining me in the studio are two mute, hollow-eyed children. One is holding an aged plank of wood with “Iron Clad Burrito” burned into it. The other has an ancient scrap of parchment on which the word “Resident” has been written in blood. So Iron Clad Burrito was a Resident…I guess.

But can we truly know anything for certain? Does your neighbor become a snarling beast at night? Is that actually your heart beating in your chest? Could I actually be sitting in this room and speaking into a mic that is not hooked up to anything? Does the world outside these walls actually exist or is it merely imagined? If we close our eyes will anything remain when we open them again? Only one way to find out. Good night, Night Vale, good night.

Iron Clad Burrito - Lynched – Resident
Meta4 - Mauled – Resident

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 8: Protocol

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 18:11:05

Final Tally:

Iron Clad Burrito - 5 - Ryvvn, meta4, Clearasday, That PJ, Rictus
Rictus - 4 - rekard, fuzzmz, DastardlyOldMan, BlindSniper83
fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
Clearasday - 1 - Iron Clad Burrito

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 03 Mar 2014, 18:12:59

ATTENTION RESIDENTS: EITHER LYNCH A WOLF TODAY OR LOSE THE GAME

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 03 Mar 2014, 18:26:12

RICTUS

'Nuff said
now pass me a beer
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 03 Mar 2014, 18:30:27

And this is the part where everyone* clams up and waits for someone else to move first...

Good game wolves, you've left two known and spent vigs alive, one likely a second wolf vig, and we've helped you by not lynching one of them earlier -- even if we had made the wrong choice at least we'd be better informed, and I'm partially to blame for not just sticking on Blind like my gut said I should have! So, even though my notes point toward DOM, I'm not going to allow myself to have lost this game by going against my instincts again; they worked last game, let's hope that wasn't just a fluke...

Blindsniper

*pre-post edit: well almost everyone, wasn't expecting someone else to speak up so quickly

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 03 Mar 2014, 18:34:28

Ryvvn wrote:And this is the part where everyone* clams up and waits for someone else to move first...

Good game wolves, you've left two known and spent vigs alive, one likely a second wolf vig, and we've helped you by not lynching one of them earlier -- even if we had made the wrong choice at least we'd be better informed, and I'm partially to blame for not just sticking on Blind like my gut said I should have! So, even though my notes point toward DOM, I'm not going to allow myself to have lost this game by going against my instincts again; they worked last game, let's hope that wasn't just a fluke...

Blindsniper

*pre-post edit: well almost everyone, wasn't expecting someone else to speak up so quickly

i can safely say following this path of voting will hand the wolves the game, so bravo good sir
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 03 Mar 2014, 18:53:18

Blindsniper83 wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:And this is the part where everyone* clams up and waits for someone else to move first...

Blindsniper

i can safely say following this path of voting will hand the wolves the game, so bravo good sir

Pretty sure everyone being voted for today will say almost exactly the same thing, and so I retort, how trite good sir.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Mar 2014, 19:32:31

It is the obvious retort. It'll be interesting (for me, at least) to see the hidden boards when all this is done. Nor sure if the wolves played a good game or the residents were just awful. Like... Desert Bluffs awful.

I'm pretty sure I'm just awful. I do feel like I got played tonight. But it's my own doing.

For now, RETRACTED: Rictus. Although I could probably make a better choice through random.org at this point.
Last edited by That PJ on 04 Mar 2014, 07:49:57, edited 1 time in total.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 03 Mar 2014, 19:32:58

Ok, guys. We should not rush the votes too much. 9 votes were cast on Rictus and ICB. With how the votes went, wolves were obviously in both wagons.

If Rictus is a wolf, PJ is strongly likely to be a wolf since his tie provided the bridge needed for Rictus to save himself (unless it was a trap to make Rictus wolfy). At the same time it is too visible and simple for two wolves to expose themselves like that. But hmm. Them both were in sort of agreement during the day. The choice here is if they were just synced on a concidence of ideas or both were wolves? I do not know. I lean slightly for wolves being more subtle than that. I do not feel as strong on Rictus right now cuz of that. They both were cooperative yesterday though.

But PJ has voted for 5 confirmed humans right now. Other people have played the "newbie" card, just like stigmata did when he started. Could he be disguising himself? In the end, PJ can be anything and it could fit into a wolf or human mindset.

If there are no more vigs, with 4 total vigs, having 1 wolf and 3 humans doesn't look too unbalanced. I can think that it may give credence to the humanity of the aimless vigs, DOM and Blind. I can't put all my eggs yet in that basket as I could be wrong there, but it is becoming more likely right now. If a human vig was around, I like to think they would have already fired.

That leaves me with the rest, Fuzzmz, Clear and Ryyvn. Fuzz can be a very well hidden wolf with his vote and run style. There's not much to say about him, but his voting errors leave a bad taste.

Ryyvn could be hiding himself with those gut votes, and he hasn't been really poked in this game. It is easy to be calm when there has not been any pressure on you althogh he did contribute to kill Admetus. Seeing how he was fixed on necklessone last game accurately makes me believe his attitude towards Admetus at the start was genuine. He has a similar fixation with Blind, with unknown allegiance. If Blind is considered human, Ryyvn becomes suspicious.

Clear has been very critical of people with sensible arguments. But his tongue can be a menace. He also has voted for comfirmed humans various times already, and missed one important day of voting. His few eloquent posts make sense but it could be a trick.

Hmmm.

We should not be spreading the wagons either as that helps the wolves. We need to think carefully about all the players. Blind and PJ, what do you think more exactly about Rictus right now? I mean, arguments against him

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 03 Mar 2014, 19:45:26

rekard wrote:We should not be spreading the wagons either as that helps the wolves. We need to think carefully about all the players. Blind and PJ, what do you more exactly about Rictus right now?

Rictus has had excellent--and critical timing. There was some merit to the arguments against him. But mostly, it's a vote out of frustration with myself, and winding up as exactly the bridge you mentioned. Admittedly kind of hypocritical of me.

As you said, we don't want to split the wagons. Three wolves to five humans, so they can overcome most any split. I don't like the notion of agreeing with Blind, but maybe my assumption about 2 and 2 vigilantes was wrong.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 03 Mar 2014, 20:16:16

Latest version of the votes.

Day 1 Vote:
BlindSniper83 - (2) - simple_simon, 7-zark-7
dferrantino - (2) - Ryvvn, sphenodont
Hellheart - (2) - Iron Clad Burrito, That PJ
Iron Clad Burrito - (2) - rekard, Ozymandias
simple_simon - (2) - Mister E. Meat, Blindsniper83
Visigoth - (2) - Smirker, DastardlyOldMan
Admetus - (1) - Omega
DastardlyOldMan - (1) - Admetus
fuzzmz - (1) - meta4
Omega - (1) - San
Ozymandias - (1) - Nitestorm
Rictus - (1) - Visigoth
San - (1) - fuzzmz
sphenodont - (1) - dferrantino
stigmata - (1) - Hellheart

Yet to Vote (4) - Clearasday, Rictus, stigmata, twdog

Day 2 Vote
dferrantino - 4 - Iron Clad Burrito, DastardlyOldMan, Clearasday, Smirker
Clearasday - 3 - Penalty x1, meta4, dferrantino
Smirker - 3 - simple_simon, That PJ, 7-zark-7
BlindSniper83 - 2 - rekard, Admetus
stigmata - 2 - Penalty x1, Rictus
7-zark-7 - 1 - San
DastardlyOldMan - 1 - sphenodont
fuzzmz - 1 - twdog
rekard - 1 - BlindSniper83
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz
simple_simon - 1 - Visigoth
That PJ - 1 - Ryvvn
Rictus - 1 - Penalty x1
twdog - 1 - Penalty x1

Did Not Vote (3): Nitestorm, Omega, Stigmata
Nitestorm and Omega will not be penalized as they had votes for Ozymandias prior to his vig shot.

Day 3 Vote
Admetus - 6 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm, rekard
Visigoth - 6 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4, fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus, Rictus
Smirker - 4 - San, simple_simon, stigmata 2.0, sphenodont
BlindSniper83 - 2 - twdog, Smirker
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ

Has not Voted (1): Clearasday
Clearasday will have 2 Penalty Votes today. One more missed vote and he will be removed from reality.

Day 4 vote
Blindsniper83 (4) - DastardlyOldMan, 7-zark-7, simple_simon, Rictus
Admetus (4) - Meta4, Nitestorm, Ryvvn, rekard
rekard (3) - Hellheart, That PJ, Admetus
Meta4 (3) - sphenodont, smirker, Clearasday
Clearasday (2) - Penaltyx2
DastardlyOldMan (1) - blindsniper83
Smirker (1) - Iron Clad Burrito

Did not Vote: Fuzzm

Day 5 vote
BlindSniper83 - 3 - Ryvvn, That PJ, Smirker
DastardlyOldMan - 3 - Clearasday, sphenodont, Rictus
Smirker - 3 - rekard, ICB, 7-zark-7
Ryvvn - 2 - fuzzmz, BlindSniper83
sphenodont - 1 - DastardlyOldMan
That PJ - 1 - Nitestorm
fuzzmz - 1 - Penalty

Did Not Vote: meta4
((Meta4 did vote for stigmata 2.0 so he will not be penalized.))

Day 6 vote:

sphenodont - 4 - Iron Clad Burrito, rekard, DastardlyOldMan, That PJ
That PJ - 3 - Nitestorm, Rictus, BlindSniper83
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - Clearasday, sphenodont
BlindSniper83 - 1 - Ryvvn
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - meta4

Did Not Vote (1): fuzzmz
Fuzzmz will have 2 penalty votes today.

Day 7 vote:
Iron Clad Burrito - 5 - Ryvvn, meta4, Clearasday, That PJ, Rictus
Rictus - 4 - rekard, fuzzmz, DastardlyOldMan, BlindSniper83
fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
Clearasday - 1 - Iron Clad Burrito
Last edited by Rictus on 04 Mar 2014, 13:21:13, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 04 Mar 2014, 04:53:46

3 of 8 Votes in:

Rictus - 2 - BlindSniper83, That PJ

fuzzmz
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby fuzzmz » 04 Mar 2014, 07:18:59

Going to go with my gut feeling and vote for Ryvvn this time.

[+] Out of context
I know I haven't really been a good player this game, with just voting and running and missing lots of votes, so I apologize for making the game harder/less fun from the analysis perspective.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 04 Mar 2014, 07:45:29

I'm hesitant to just dismiss the ICB-CAD thing from yesterday, but I also don't want to policy-vote CAD just because he & ICB had a public disagreement (public disagreements drawing attention ~ less likely to be wolves). Need to see the notes from my home PC before I commit, try to steal away at lunch to get a vote in.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 04 Mar 2014, 07:49:17

Okay. I'm a little less annoyed at myself and thinking more rationally.

I wrote up a breakdown of the players remaining and my suspicions/guesses about them, but I guess it comes down to a few factors:

1. Are any of the remaining vigilantes wolves? We know Blind and DOM are vigilantes. I'd been assuming 2 and 2, which would mean one of them would have to be a wolf, but prevailing wisdom appears to be that 1 and 3 is not a crazy notion and would be fairly standard. If the latter is the more likely scenario, then we should rule them out entirely as wolves.

2. Non-analytical players. The wolves have systematically executed the players who are quiet or otherwise not particularly useful for analysis: meta4, San, simple_simon, and Nitestorm. With one exception: fuzzmz. That could be due to my increased suspicion that he's a wolf, or because he's new, or because they think he's going to vanish via WOG. But this fact combined with his curious votes on Ryvvn and his illogical vote on Rictus have alarm bells going off in my head. I feel like I should've followed this instinct and voted on him yesterday, and am kicking myself now for not having done so.

3. That leaves Rictus, rekard, Clearasday, and Ryvvn. I don't know who among you are playing us, but my suspicion is that two of you are wolves (if we assume DOM and Blind are not wolves, which still feels like a hell of an assumption). Of the four of you:
- Rictus has made the wolfier moves, though I have a hard time condemning him for yesterday, since I did the same thing to spheno. However, leaning on Day 3 as evidence of non-wolfy behavior felt extremely weak--that said, if that coinflip had gone differently, it would've looked bad for Rictus, not good. I can't blame you for going after Blind, since I have, and would like to know your thoughts on where the vigilantes likely fall, since you seem to see Blind as a wolf as I did.
- rekard doesn't feel wolfy vote-wise. 2-wolf bandwagons led by rekard on both Day 1 and 2 seem unlikely, and he did make an instrumental vote on Admetus on Day 4.
- Clearasday is starting to feel wolfy, but that could be something about his tone. The very aggressive--and false--attack on ICB leaves a bad taste in the mouth. Otherwise, CAD has stayed off the radar by not voting on a couple of days, and otherwise hunted humans or DOM, which feels off (of the two vigilantes, Blind still seems like the likelier wolf, is there is one). Starting to feel CAD is the wolf among you.
- Ryvvn I have a hard time reading, because while he's been helpful, he's been... subtle. Innocuous Day 1 and Day 2 votes, but led the wagon on Admetus on Day 3. Stayed on Admetus on Day 4 (he could've dropped at that point), then went after Blind. All of this seems logical and consistent. I say human, but maybe I'm just being played really well.

So, my best guess at this point:
Scenario 1: One of the vigilantes is a wolf. The wolves are Blindsniper, fuzzmz, and Clearasday.
Scenario 2: None of the vigilantes are wolves. The wolves are fuzzmz, Clearasday, and Rictus.

And given my track record, there is every possibility that I am wrong, but I would love to see the theories everyone else has, as well. We can't afford to get this one wrong.

And to be fair, I should defend my own wolfish actions:
- Day 1: Voted on Hellheart because it was suggested (by MEM) that we might want to see some wagons, and that was one out of a hat.
- Day 2: Still not having much to go on, went to Smirker because he posted early and had thinly-stated justification.
- Day 3: Voted early on Nitestorm since I found randomness suspicious. Wasn't around at EOD when things went crazy on the two wolves. Earlier in the day, I was potentially a wagon, myself.
- Day 4: Voted rekard because Rictus's key vote that nabbed us Visigoth made him look very, very suspicious (since he was promoting Admetus; looked like a last minute wolf save gone wrong).
- Day 5: Pursued Blind because of the Vig shot. And because I was tied up in votes at the time and didn't like that.
- Day 6: Tipped to sphenodont to avoid playing dice. He was my second pick at that point, anyway.
- Day 7: Thought I was tying up, though Blind mentioned that is a bad thing at this point. Fuzzmz would've been a safer tie at that point, but only Rictus seemed to be going after him, so I second-guessed my judgment.

I confess, I am not a very good player, though I think that's inexperience. I believe my ability to figure out what motivations might be at play has been getting better--but I guess the end of game reveal will speak to that. My votes have certainly not been very helpful to keeping the Residents in this, for which I feel bad.

Then again, it's just a game. Had to start somewhere.

Anyway, let's kill us some wolves. Put me on Clearasday, one of the overlap points in my two above scenarios. Please, though, I want to know what the rest of you think. My analysis is hardly infallible.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 04 Mar 2014, 07:58:01

After a new vote and a little shuffle we have:

Clearasday - 1 - That PJ
Rictus - 1 - BlindSniper83
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 04 Mar 2014, 10:07:03

Relationship notes:
  • If blindsniper is a wolf, he's most likely on a team with CAD & fuzz. Everyone else has significantly threatened or been threatened by blindsniper.
  • If Rictus is a wolf, CAD & Ryvvn are probably his cohorts for the same reason.
  • PJ = rekard & fuzz, same thing.
  • CAD has no relationship with anyone still alive. No one has threatened CAD, no one has been threatened by CAD (except me, I guess, not tracking myself on this), excluding today.
  • rekard could be aligned with either of PJ, fuzz, or Ryvvn
  • Ryvvn - any of CAD, rekard, Fuzz, Rictus.
  • fuzz - anyone but Rictus and now maybe Ryvvn.

Rictus - you have Meta4's vote in red on Day 3.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 04 Mar 2014, 12:20:09

I've got about 3 hours left of usable voting time, after which I'm on mobile, so my ability to act will be spotty. I'd like to be a part of some kind of plan for survival by then.

DOM--Thanks for the relationship analysis. I'm seeing fuzzmz and CAD on a lot of those likely lists (and they're on my guess list, too). Could agree on pursuing either of those?

Anyone else? Bueller?

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 04 Mar 2014, 12:49:44

That PJ wrote:I've got about 3 hours left of usable voting time, after which I'm on mobile, so my ability to act will be spotty. I'd like to be a part of some kind of plan for survival by then.

DOM--Thanks for the relationship analysis. I'm seeing fuzzmz and CAD on a lot of those likely lists (and they're on my guess list, too). Could agree on pursuing either of those?

Anyone else? Bueller?

I like fuzz as human because his vote is what moved Admetus to 3 votes on Admetus v. Visigoth (there were 6 wagons at 2 votes, someone bumped one to 3 votes, and then fuzz bumped Admetus to 3, and then Admetus bumped rekard to 3).

I'm only hesitant to jump on CAD because of the ICB-kerfuffle yesterday (definitely drew attention to himself with it, and if he was a wolf, he *knew* he was wrong), but he's definitely on my short-list. I just didn't get the time to figure out a vote earlier. Off to my last meeting for the day now, and then I'll settle back in. Tentatively, I could agree to CAD today. Lynching him as a wolf buys us zero information about anyone else, though (I guess it would make me "more human", but that doesn't give *me* any more information).

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 04 Mar 2014, 12:59:26

I might have my days and names mixed up. Fuzzmz did something-like-that that was good, but I need to either reread the whole day or look at my notes (home computer). Same reason I called him human a day or two or three ago, though.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 04 Mar 2014, 13:24:31

PJ seemed a bit too self deprecating to my tastes, saying he's new or bad. That gives me wrong vibes as wolves can tend to be too emotional. Although his reasoning makes sense, I am iffy. Last time I remember a wolf was justifying himself of being a new player, was stigmata and he was a psychopath.

DOM, you got your days mixed. Fuzz bumped Visigoth to 3 votes after a Visigoth bumped Admetus to 3 on Day 3. That indeed happen. On day 4, he missed his vote and it was Ryvvn who bumped Admetus to 3, and then Admetus bumped me to 3.

The rest of votes from him have been for Ryvvn or Rictus. He is iffy I would say. I can't consider him a likely human right now with any confidence. He reminds me of the time Wasabi won as a wolf with low participation. That worries me. What else makes him human?

Both Ozy and Admetus voted for Clear at some point. I do wonder if that is a trick or bait. In the vote sense Clear shows a not confident act, although his posts seem rational, but that's how he is, which makes him dangerous. He can sound similar on either role. Hmm.

Let's go for Clearasday .

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 04 Mar 2014, 13:37:10

The only one I'd be willing to be the game on is Ryvvn. I think he's human.

redacted Fuzzmzis my choice for today.

He was part of the visigoth bandwagon on Day 3, and he had that weirdly prophetic vote on me yesterday.

Lets see what shakes up today.

Edit: That PJ, I'll look at your post some more.
Last edited by Rictus on 04 Mar 2014, 14:14:16, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 04 Mar 2014, 14:13:52

So I think Ryvvn is human. Not going to spend a lot of time defending him, but if somebody else has a case for wolf/human I'll listen.

DastardlyOldMan gets a slight human rise in my book. I went back and looked at Day 2 and he's the one that (IMHO) got 7zark7 to shoot Ozymandias.

So lets jump in the time machine and go back to Day 2. And in doing so, I've decided to change my vote to Clearasday.
[+] Day 2
At the beginning there was a bunch of single votes, then quite a few pairs and it looked like it was shaping up for another mega-tie with 5 or 6 players up for lynch. Then DastardlyOldMan starts the conversation about how we need to consolidate votes. He skips over Admetus and votes for Dferr. (In hindsight, this looks slightly suspicious.)

Ozymandias had thrown an early vote on Nitestorm, then he switches to Clearasday. But with a few hours left the votes looked like this:

Day 2, 17:52 wrote:Clearasday - 4 - Penalty x1, Ozymandias, meta4, dferrantino
dferrantino - 2 - Iron Clad Burrito, DastardlyOldMan
Ozymandias - 2 - Nitestorm, Omega
Smirker - 2 - simple_simon, That PJ
7-zark-7 - 1 - San
BlindSniper83 - 1 - rekard
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz
simple_simon - 1 - Smirker
That PJ - 1 - Ryvvn
Visigoth - 1 - Admetus
Rictus - 1 - Penalty x1
twdog - 1 - Penalty x1

CAD is being voted on by wolf-Ozy, but two humans piled on behind him and now CAD has a two vote lead over anyone else. But wolf-Ozy can't move away from CAD because he is threatened with 2 votes (Nite / Omega) and he'd get caught.

With 2 hours left, it looks like this:
Day 2 18:43 wrote:Just over 2 hours remaining:

Clearasday - 3 - Penalty x1, meta4, dferrantino
Ozymandias - 3 - Nitestorm, Omega, Smirker
Smirker - 3 - simple_simon, That PJ, Ozymandias
dferrantino - 2 - Iron Clad Burrito, DastardlyOldMan
7-zark-7 - 1 - San
BlindSniper83 - 1 - rekard
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz
simple_simon - 1 - Visigoth
That PJ - 1 - Ryvvn
Visigoth - 1 - Admetus
Rictus - 1 - Penalty x1
twdog - 1 - Penalty x1

Yet to Vote: 7-zark-7, Blindsniper83, Clearasday, sphenodont, stigmata, twdog

Clearasday comes to the thread and instead of pushing up Ozymandias to 4, he decides to push Dferrantino up to 3 for a 4 way tie. He does this knowing full well that Ozymandias will snipe at the end of the day, as Ozy stated in the very thread. So he was signing his own death warrant by not defense voting for wolf-Ozymandias.
Charming, to the last.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 04 Mar 2014, 14:27:41

In that example, Ozy was voting for Smirker before Clear voted as such having a triple tie at 3 for Ozy, Smirker and Clear before Ozy died. I can actually understand Clear voting for dferrantino, since dferrantino was voting for Clear. That way dferr would have been forced to cast a defensive vote on someone and take out his vote from Clear. I mean, if he had voted Ozy, then Ozy retaliates with a counter vote and he gets tied. I know because I have done it myself. When you vote for the one who voted you, you abolish chances of a retaliation.

I agree with the vote though, but not the reasoning for that day 2 as a vote basis.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 04 Mar 2014, 14:34:40

He skips over Admetus and votes for Dferr. (In hindsight, this looks slightly suspicious.)

Heh, I didn't even realize that, but yeah, it does look bad. If I had voted for Admetus, I would have created another singleton bandwagon, which would have just contributed to the problem that I was trying to solve (I think I said as much at the time).

I have Ryvvn pretty firmly human because of . . bumping Admetus to 3 votes on Day4.

I'm revisiting Day3 now. The whole Day3 thing now looks more suspicious, once I realize that Visigoth was the 3rd vote on Admetus - meaning the wolves were ready to make the sacrifice at that time, which is right when fuzzmz became the 3rd vote on Visigoth. ThatPJ and CAD are the only remaining voters off-wagon on that day. Pattern analysis would suggest that fuzzmz and rekard are the wolves there (spacing between them and other wolves, etc.) - but pattern analysis has been pretty much crap lately.

Rictus - Ozy's on Smirker in that picture? If CAD had voted for Ozy in defense, Ozy would've voted for CAD to tie it at 4 each. dfer was already on CAD, so it was the safer ploy defensively. As it was, CAD gave Ozy a place to move his vote that wasn't CAD. A smart play, but not necessarily a wolfy one.

e: what he said.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 04 Mar 2014, 14:46:01

Clearasday for me today. Rictus would probably be my second choice, and maybe fuzz after that, rethinking Day 3. (fuzz did vote on Rictus yesterday, so they might be exclusive). I am mildly suspicious of rekard because he's still alive, but I haven't looked at the maul history enough to know if I should upgrade that. It's rare for human-rekard to be left alive this long, and he hasn't really been threatened the whole game (whereas the rest of us have drawn ~some level of suspicion at one point or another, meaning we're better choices to keep alive).

Actually, I'm mildly suspicious of just about everyone. Almost everyone has some kind of safe-vote that I could use to talk myself off of them.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 04 Mar 2014, 14:55:33

Considering the ploys used against me in the past like that infamous backstab from Ravebomb and our unsuccessful aim on wolves, I wouldn't doubt wolves counting on that level of suspicion to justify a lynch.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 04 Mar 2014, 14:56:15

Current Tally:

Clearasday - 4 - That PJ, rekard, Rictus, DastardlyOldMan
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz

Yet to Vote (1): Clearasday

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 04 Mar 2014, 15:37:37

I had overlooked when Ozy switched to Smirker (with a *weak* excuse). That lessens my case against CAD, but could still fit.

But since I was looking at DOM anyways when I started that Day 2 review, I'm going to leave my vote where it is.

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I'm revisiting Day3 now. The whole Day3 thing now looks more suspicious, once I realize that Visigoth was the 3rd vote on Admetus - meaning the wolves were ready to make the sacrifice at that time, which is right when fuzzmz became the 3rd vote on Visigoth. ThatPJ and CAD are the only remaining voters off-wagon on that day. Pattern analysis would suggest that fuzzmz and rekard are the wolves there (spacing between them and other wolves, etc.) - but pattern analysis has been pretty much crap lately.

That's what I discussed yesterday. Visigoth pushes Admetus up from a 4 way tie w/ Smirker, That PJ and Visigoth. In my opinion, everything after that vote from Visigoth needs to be viewed in light of "Admetus is the sacrificial wolf". Which means Fuzzmz voting for Visi looks humanish, as does rictus for the tie at the end.

Now it is possible that Visigoth was supposed to be the sacrificial wolf. In which case, rekard is the one that saved the day and I'm the wolf that tried to keep things on track. But I think that looking at the tone of the thread, Admetus was being attacked quite a bit and Visigoth wasn't.
Charming, to the last.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 04 Mar 2014, 16:50:28

Well I see that CAD's pretty much it for the lynch tonight, I hope those of you voting on him actually feel solid in your reads; much like when Furin began to be suspected last game, I tried my hardest to look over him, and couldn't find anything that really piqued me. However, when any player misses votes, periods of inactive participation really screw with me, it's my biggest pet peeve of playing the game in the manner that we do here (though I understand and accept the inevitable priority of real life and all that, as it has even affected me at times); and so I can't personally get a full read on CAD....

Based on my personal tracking notes and instinct, my top wolf candidates haven't changed much throughout the game:

1 - Blind or DOM, but only one or the other
2 - That PJ, continual excuses of bad play for otherwise suspicious actions
3 - Rekard, his general style grates on me, but something feels off or odd about his tone and text this game

So, as I stated near the beginning of the day, I'd rather lose the game knowing I'm trusting my instinct here; and unless a push is made for one of the others named, I'll just continue to sit on Blind.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 04 Mar 2014, 17:00:02

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Actually, I'm mildly suspicious of just about everyone. Almost everyone has some kind of safe-vote that I could use to talk myself off of them.

So much this, except in my case I'd say that everyone has some sort of wolf move that I could use to talk myself onto them.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 04 Mar 2014, 17:07:32

Ryvvn wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:Actually, I'm mildly suspicious of just about everyone. Almost everyone has some kind of safe-vote that I could use to talk myself off of them.

So much this, except in my case I'd say that everyone has some sort of wolf move that I could use to talk myself onto them.

Yeah, but if someone had a perfect record, I'd be just as suspicious of them. Maybe I've played this game too long :? (CAD, you may now vote on me for using an emoticon).

• blindsniper was the counter-wagon to Admetus on Day4.
  • CAD was attacked by Ozy on Day 2, taking advantage of penalty votes.
  • fuzz brought Admetus to 3 on Day 3
  • rekard was attacked by Admetus on Day 3
  • Rictus was singleton-voted by Visigoth on Day 1; a fairly weak case - maybe the only person that doesn't have a full-human reason, I guess. I probably should be voting on him for it.
  • Ryvvn pushed Admetus on Day 4
  • ThatPJ - huh, maybe another one with nothing specifically "redeeming"
I, at least, am a sweet innocent lamb who has barely done anything. My "credibility votes" on Visigoth are one of the weaker human arguments at this point.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 04 Mar 2014, 17:27:59

Except the vigging a human thing.

Seems that if Clear doesn't show up soon he would be getting wogged either way.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 04 Mar 2014, 17:30:43

rekard wrote:Seems that if Clear doesn't show up soon he would be getting wogged either way.

I was just thinking this. If he is a wolf, I wonder if we can get two wolves for one tonight, by him being WOG'd and enough lynch votes nailing another wolf? I guess that's probably too much a gamble, and also the GM might not like it(?)

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 04 Mar 2014, 17:37:56

Shouldn't take any chances. We are too split as it is. Day's not over yet. A snipe could be dangerous.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 04 Mar 2014, 17:39:51

20 Minutes Remaining

Current Tally:

Clearasday - 4 - That PJ, rekard, Rictus, DastardlyOldMan
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz