Day 9: Gerbils

"We have nothing to fear except ourselves. We are unholy, awful people. Fear ourselves with silence. Look down, Night Vale. Look down and forget what you've done." -Town Motto
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Day 9: Gerbils

Postby FurinMirado » 04 Mar 2014, 18:03:13

A stitch in time saves nine. Although they will be forever changed. Welcome to Night Vale.

It would seem that Night Vale has become overrun…with gerbils. These strange rodents, that are not quite mice and not quite hamsters, are really beginning to take over. There are no fewer than 9 in the studio with me right now. No one seems to be able to figure out where they are coming from but we can all agree they are pretty creepy. Especially when they suddenly all stand up on their hind legs and stare at you without blinking.

Oh.

They’re doing it right now.

*silence*

((whispering)) They don’t seem to like it when I talk about them. More on this story as it develops.

And now for a word from our sponsor.

Getting tired of those deeply embedded, disembodied screams in certain rooms of your home? Painful, spectral moans in the cupboards? Phantom laughter under your basement steps? Concerned about their effect on your home’s resale value? Try Shriek-Tek for your noise-removal needs. Call today for a free quote!

The Sheriff’s Secret Police have requested, in sharp tones, that I stop providing so many details about those that are hauled off to an undisclosed location. I have been permitted to broadcast the following information. Clearasday belongs to those calling themselves Werewolves. That is all.

In more interesting news, DastardlyOldMan’s remains have been found along with a large congregation of gerbils. They do not appear to be the cause of his death, but they have taken his corpse as their god. They have fashioned him a crude palanquin and are parading him through the festival grounds. In fact, here he goes right now past the radio station.

((whispering)) Some of the station gerbils have left to join the parade. The remainder seem to be chattering in some kind of secret gerbil language. They don’t seem happy. I had better sign off before they hear me. So good night, Night Vale, good night.

Clearasday - Lynched – Werewolf
DastardlyOldMan - Mauled – Resident

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Day 9: Gerbils

Postby FurinMirado » 04 Mar 2014, 18:05:45

Final Tally:

Clearasday - 4 - That PJ, rekard, Rictus, DastardlyOldMan
BlindSniper83 - 1 - Ryvvn
Rictus - 1 - BlindSniper83
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz

Did Not Vote (1): Clearasday

Blindsniper83
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Blindsniper83 » 04 Mar 2014, 19:09:52

Rekard you're TOO dangerous as a lone wolf
RaveBomb making a lot of sense is how you know you're past the point of no return and that death is the only escape.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 04 Mar 2014, 19:27:14

stigmata, If you're in the dead thread, please send an ice-cream cone to Iron Clad Burrito. He earned it for calling out CAD a couple days ago.

No vote yet, but I still suspect in order of wolf-iness:

fuzzmz
rekard
blindsniper
ThatPJ
Ryvvn
Charming, to the last.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 04 Mar 2014, 20:15:26

At this moment, I think the most likely wolf is likely to be Fuzzmz. He makes weird votes, and his low activity provides a good cover for a wolf. Various wolves have won just becausee of that. His vote for Visigoth is his only credit, but that could have been planned.

After that, I would say it would be between PJ, Rictus and Ryyvn. PJ did his first real useful vote yesterday but who knows if it's a screen not counting how his other votes were not good. He looks honest in the least, but dramatic. A bit like Okaros, but less than him. I wonder.

Rictus did a determining vote yesterday, although his first vote was Fuzz, and then changed to Clear with a reason that was flawed, but still changed nonetheless. That gives him good standing.

Ryyvn can be a good hidden wolf since his only credit right now is the kill of Admetus and has been obsessed? with Blind somewhat.

With Blind, I think the thing that speaks in his favor is that balance can be feasible for 3 human vigs, but most of his votes have been pretty bad, most of them driven by revenge. Clear had been shooting for DOM and protecting Blind as the human. That can be bad but Clear is a deceitful one.

Hmm . Let's start with this and see what Fuzz has to say. Today is not the day to vote and run Fuzz. If you're human, we need your input to make the correct decision.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 03:13:38

I didn't mention it above, but the Residents still need to lynch a Wolf today or they lose the game. Nothing has changed that.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 05 Mar 2014, 05:53:12

One wolf down, two to go.

My early vote goes to fuzzmz, based largely on the same analysis from yesterday. Clearasday, as someone pointed out (DOM?) doesn't give us a lot of clues as to other wolves--or at least, I don't have any immediately to mind--so fuzz still seems like the next likeliest wolf. After that... Ugh. I don't know. Blind looks like such an obvious choice, and I'm inclined to believe those that voted with me yesterday to get Clear. rekard and Rictus certainly helped turn it into a sure thing, and DOM is... fairly obviously not a wolf.

To match Rictus's post, here's my order of suspects:

fuzzmz
blindsniper
Rictus
Ryvvn
rekard

Hard to rank the 'R's', though.

EDIT: Spelling.
Last edited by That PJ on 05 Mar 2014, 06:12:29, edited 1 time in total.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 06:09:09

and with half the votes in:

fuzzmz - 2 - rekard, that PJ
rekard - 1 - BlindSniper83

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 05 Mar 2014, 12:46:05

Saddened by all the silence here. I was hoping for more analysis, particularly something from fuzzmz. Seems like exactly what CAD did yesterday.

Alternatively, it feels like the wolves are setting up a snipe--or would be, if I thought they had that level of coordination right now. If I'm right in my guess of fuzz, they probably do not; if I'm wrong, they don't need to coordinate because this bandwagon is doomed anyway, and why not pile on? I guess someone could try to sell the theory late game that rekard and I are wolves, but that would seem pretty weak.

Ryvvn and Rictus make me nervous in their silence, but of the two of them, Rictus strikes me as the wolf, and he has done a lot of late game posting. Could see him trying to jump with fuzz on a last minute wagon with Blindsniper, who I increasingly do not think is a wolf, merely a lone gunman. Ryvvn's critical vote on Admetus buys him enough faith for me, and rekard's behavior in rereading seems pretty human--a few suspect votes, but enough mistakes to be genuine.

Basically, I think fuzzmz and Rictus are wolves, and I would be a lot more comfortable if our position was solid before we reach EOD. Mostly because, once again, I will probably be unable to act within 2-3 hours of that time.

Also, if I'm right about fuzzmz, I think I'm a logical maul choice tonight, so I wanted to get these thoughts in the open.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 05 Mar 2014, 12:52:05

I'm at work, so a few more hours before I can go back and do a little analysis.
Charming, to the last.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 05 Mar 2014, 14:30:46

I'm not even sure if anyone is reading these any more. But maybe something will jump out at me while I do it.

Day 1 Vote:
BlindSniper83 - (2) - simple_simon, 7-zark-7
dferrantino - (2) - Ryvvn, sphenodont
Hellheart - (2) - Iron Clad Burrito, That PJ
Iron Clad Burrito - (2) - rekard, Ozymandias
simple_simon - (2) - Mister E. Meat, Blindsniper83
Visigoth - (2) - Smirker, DastardlyOldMan
Admetus - (1) - Omega
DastardlyOldMan - (1) - Admetus
fuzzmz - (1) - meta4
Omega - (1) - San
Ozymandias - (1) - Nitestorm
Rictus - (1) - Visigoth
San - (1) - fuzzmz
sphenodont - (1) - dferrantino
stigmata - (1) - Hellheart

Yet to Vote (4) - Clearasday, Rictus, stigmata, twdog

Day 2 Vote
dferrantino - 4 - Iron Clad Burrito, DastardlyOldMan, Clearasday, Smirker
Clearasday - 3 - Penalty x1, meta4, dferrantino
Smirker - 3 - simple_simon, That PJ, 7-zark-7
BlindSniper83 - 2 - rekard, Admetus
stigmata - 2 - Penalty x1, Rictus
7-zark-7 - 1 - San
DastardlyOldMan - 1 - sphenodont
fuzzmz - 1 - twdog
rekard - 1 - BlindSniper83
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz
simple_simon - 1 - Visigoth
That PJ - 1 - Ryvvn
Rictus - 1 - Penalty x1
twdog - 1 - Penalty x1

Did Not Vote (3): Nitestorm, Omega, Stigmata
Nitestorm and Omega will not be penalized as they had votes for Ozymandias prior to his vig shot.

Day 3 Vote
Admetus - 6 - Ryvvn, BlindSniper83, Visigoth, 7-zark-7, Nitestorm, rekard
Visigoth - 6 - DastardlyOldMan, meta4, fuzzmz, Iron Clad Burrito, Admetus, Rictus
Smirker - 4 - San, simple_simon, stigmata 2.0, sphenodont
BlindSniper83 - 2 - twdog, Smirker
Nitestorm - 1 - That PJ

Has not Voted (1): Clearasday
Clearasday will have 2 Penalty Votes today. One more missed vote and he will be removed from reality.

Day 4 vote
Blindsniper83 (4) - DastardlyOldMan, 7-zark-7, simple_simon, Rictus
Admetus (4) - Meta4, Nitestorm, Ryvvn, rekard
rekard (3) - Hellheart, That PJ, Admetus
Meta4 (3) - sphenodont, smirker, Clearasday
Clearasday (2) - Penaltyx2
DastardlyOldMan (1) - blindsniper83
Smirker (1) - Iron Clad Burrito

Did not Vote: Fuzzm

Day 5 vote
BlindSniper83 - 3 - Ryvvn, That PJ, Smirker
DastardlyOldMan - 3 - Clearasday, sphenodont, Rictus
Smirker - 3 - rekard, ICB, 7-zark-7
Ryvvn - 2 - fuzzmz, BlindSniper83
sphenodont - 1 - DastardlyOldMan
That PJ - 1 - Nitestorm
fuzzmz - 1 - Penalty

Did Not Vote: meta4
((Meta4 did vote for stigmata 2.0 so he will not be penalized.))

Day 6 vote:

sphenodont - 4 - Iron Clad Burrito, rekard, DastardlyOldMan, That PJ
That PJ - 3 - Nitestorm, Rictus, BlindSniper83
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - Clearasday, sphenodont
Iron Clad Burrito - 1 - meta4

Did Not Vote (1): fuzzmz
Fuzzmz will have 2 penalty votes today.

Day 7 vote:
Iron Clad Burrito - 5 - Ryvvn, meta4, Clearasday, That PJ, Rictus
Rictus - 4 - rekard, fuzzmz, DastardlyOldMan, BlindSniper83
fuzzmz - 2 - Penaltyx2
Clearasday - 1 - Iron Clad Burrito

Day 8 vote:
Clearasday - 4 - That PJ, rekard, Rictus, DastardlyOldMan
Rictus - 1 - BlindSniper83
Ryvvn - 1 - fuzzmz

Did Not Vote (1): Clearasday
Charming, to the last.

fuzzmz
Wolf Padawan
Wolf Padawan

Postby fuzzmz » 05 Mar 2014, 14:32:32

rekard wrote:Hmm . Let's start with this and see what Fuzz has to say. Today is not the day to vote and run Fuzz. If you're human, we need your input to make the correct decision.

I am not a wolf; I might be a sentient hand without a body, but a wolf I am certain that I'm not. My votes appear wolfish I guess because they've all been done based on my instinct; this at times might've gotten a wolf killed, but it might also come back and bite me in the ass now as they might appear pre-meditated. This is also the reason they've been all over the place these past few days.

Have to go with rekard right now, though I'm not convinced he's a wolf.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 05 Mar 2014, 14:51:44

That's why short posts are counterproductive for most factions. People have only vote analysis to compare. As such, bad votes with running posts lead to suspicion. I would say that you should vote for the one you think is a wolf and say why, because if it sounds human the tide can turn. But seeing you voting saying "I don't think he is a wolf" is detrimental if you are a human. It can be seen as a resigned wolf who doesn't want to give clues of the other wolf.

If you are a human, then with the two current wagons, we are going to lose.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 05 Mar 2014, 15:06:20

I went back and looked at everyone again... and I can build cases for most all of you to be wolves. I've bounced between rekard and Fuzzmz several times now. I suspect Ryvvn, and ThatPJ seems like he could be a wolf with Rekard.

I will go with redacted - Fuzzmz

Interestingly enough, the only one I think might be human is Blindsniper... who vigged a human! Dammit the vigilante power strikes again! :x
Last edited by Rictus on 05 Mar 2014, 15:57:21, edited 1 time in total.
Charming, to the last.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Mar 2014, 15:41:20

Ugh looks like I'm the last vote here, and I don't feel strongly about either of these two! I've suspected rekard, but I don't think enough to actually bet the game on, especially with it possibly being a coin flip if I vote him and only one of them is a wolf!

To be honest, with DOM revealing human, I'm almost certain Blind is a wolf, and when I look at which other names could possibly come up red, I actually see Rictus (the only one left who fits my D1 wolf-on-wolf theory) or PJ being quite complimentary to wolf votes as a whole... the reds look good on any of these three, but even if I'm partially right only two could be wolves anyhow.

So I don't know what to do, because I just want to vote Blind again, but seems everyone has lost all suspicion of him now, so that'd be useless....

Tonight's my usual drinks with my brother night, so I'll have to mull it all over while out and will probably just log a final vote from my phone later. Sorry if my indecision slash non-agreement here causes us to lose.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 15:47:42

By my count that puts us at:

fuzzmz - 3 - rekard, that PJ, Rictus
rekard - 2 - BlindSniper83, fuzzmz

Yet to Vote (1): ryvvn

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 05 Mar 2014, 15:57:06

That is a wolf-ish as hell post, Ryvvn. Last night you were the same way with Blindsniper.

"Gee, sorry if we're going to lose, but I'll just sit here on Blind knowing I lost by trusting my gut".

Doesn't hurt that wolf-CAD was the clear target at the time... you didn't help lynch him, at all.

And now today, you say "gee, can't really tell. I don't want to lose by choosing wrong. But I don't want to vote Blind, that's useless too".

And today Fuzzmz and rekard are up for votes.

This will be paranoia spinning around and around, but I think Rekard and Ryvvn are the last two wolves.

I think ThatPJ and Blindsniper are human, and I'll be willing to lose the game on that.

So for me it's just a question of Rekard or Fuzzmz as the two who are questionable. Is Rekard the wolf? Is Fuzzmz?

Rekard should have been mauled a long time ago. So I'm going to put a vote on Rekard and see what Ryvvn does.

edit: going to dinner, should be back right around EOD.
Charming, to the last.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 16:28:45

1.5 Hours Remaining:

rekard - 3 - BlindSniper83, fuzzmz, Rictus
fuzzmz - 2 - rekard, that PJ

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 05 Mar 2014, 16:57:30

Nope. Human here Rictus.

I go at it for the best of the team, even reckless at times and I can mess up like I have done in this game or the Wolfing game for example. Not the first time, nor the last time I will.

You're falling into the paranoia that is counterproductive to the game. Like in the map game, where you seemed to distrust me even if you seered me as a human. Just because that I get mauled early in various games, it doesn't mean that I am a wolf automatically. I have reached the end of various games too as a human. Each game is independent and thinking about "he should be dead already" has resulted into various wrong lynches in several games.

Either Ryvvn is trying to trick us or he's folding under the pressure of being a lone wolf, and I think it is the latter much more likely. Look at the timing of this post. Fuzz is leading today and Ryvvn then does that very dramatic post, with an abrupt change in attitude. I guess that if things were in the wolves' favor, he could calmly vote Fuzz since almost everyone here believes in his humanity. But he instead is falling under the pressure. Which gets me out of the doubt about Fuzz. I bet he and Fuzz are the last wolves., and he has ruined the game for the wolves. Now I understand the votes from Fuzz on Ryvvn. Preparing for the lone wolf victory.

In the end, I only know one fact. If I die today, we humans lose Rictus.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 05 Mar 2014, 17:05:54

Some mind games, but I still think Fuzz is the best pick. The rest looks like obfuscation to lead us astray. Might not matter if Blind stays put, though.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 05 Mar 2014, 17:13:18

That PJ wrote:Some mind games, but I still think Fuzz is the best pick. The rest looks like obfuscation to lead us astray. Might not matter if Blind stays put, though.

He's England based, like Clear, so it is unlikely.

It's curious how Ryvvn folded under the pressure. Fuzz is the right choice.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 05 Mar 2014, 17:15:04

I meant Fuzz. Fuzz is England based. Blind comes in near EOD most timrs

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 05 Mar 2014, 17:56:25

The silence is revealing. Not counting on Ryvvn voting before EOD. He will probably snipe and vote for me. At best, we rely on the coinflip.

This is ironic. Ryvvn folds and wolves will still win. Sigh.Just because of paranoia and metagaming.

Rictus
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby Rictus » 05 Mar 2014, 17:58:03

I think it's revealing as well.

Edit: obviously not the same conclusion as you, however.
Charming, to the last.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Mar 2014, 18:00:06

fuzzmz

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 18:02:30

Final Tally:

fuzzmz - 3 - rekard, that PJ, Ryvvn
rekard - 3 - BlindSniper83, fuzzmz, Rictus

Random.org says...

1 - fuzzmz is lynched.

Ryvvn's vote was late and does not count.

Final Tally:
rekard - 3 - Blindsniper83, fuzzmz, Rictus
fuzzmz - 2- rekard, That PJ

Did Not Vote (1) - Ryvvn

Return to “Night Vale”