Night 10

I'm sure you're immune to the effects of Radon Canyon. Possibly. Well you certainly won't die a gruesome death. Maybe.
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Night 10

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 18:28:17

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Re: Night 10

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Mar 2014, 18:33:49

With the absence of the penalty, I cut all the extra crap from my post; I really don't think PJ and Fuzz will both buy it. My only hope is that the vote splits enough for a coin flip tonight. If it piles on me, I'll make an attempt at a reasonable case against Rictus over me, but I totally choked and botched this game and absolutely do not deserve to win this either way.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Mar 2014, 18:45:52

...or I'll just try to provide some sort of case against him now; I'm clearly flailing here.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Mar 2014, 19:04:09

I wonder what Rictus is playing at... other than probably just trying to get me to talk more and bury myself further.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Mar 2014, 20:28:43

I'm not sure what's going on anymore, or what might actually happen, but this tea is pretty good.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 05 Mar 2014, 21:03:19

Welp, time for bed, maybe I'll wake up and this whole thing will have been rekard's bad dream...

...probably Hellheart's too.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 10:56:31

Just checking in while at work, and, uhh, holy shit?!

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 06 Mar 2014, 11:35:36

Current Maul is: None

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 13:58:44

FurinMirado wrote:Current Maul is: None

I knew that!

Umm, maul Fuzz -> Rictus

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 06 Mar 2014, 14:48:42

Ryvvn wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:Current Maul is: None

I knew that!

Umm, maul Fuzz -> Rictus

Current Maul: Fuzzmz

Contingency Maul: Rictus

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 15:23:11

As I wait for the day to wind down, and for no votes to switch, I want to take a few moments to respond to this comment specifically:
Subject: Day 10: Religion wrote:
Rictus wrote:Ryvvn has horrible votes, he is part of the sacrifice Admetus play, and has sat on Blindsniper for days. But day 9 confused me... why didn't he pile on Fuzzmz?

I will say if you turn out to be a wolf I think your posting in the F5 thread is extremely underhanded.

First of all, I should have just voted on Fuzz immediately, not doing so was a poor choice. And then when it became clear that the rush post I had chosen to make instead was a horrible mistake, I became concerned that placing any vote before EoD would have been detrimental and potentially revealing (a damned if I do, damned if I don't situation). It was this thinking that ultimately led to my final decision, all of which was pure panic leading up to it, to just place that snipe vote on Fuzz and hope for the coin flip.

The second part of Rictus' comment seems to imply that my F5 post was intentional to cover my ass, which is not true. I'm not sure why I posted that, but the panic I felt before attempting my snipe exponentially exploded the moment I saw my time stamp. I held my vote a few seconds too long... I watched the second hand of my PC's clock tick down, and at 15 seconds to 9, I thought to hit the submit button; but I hesitated, having two separate tabs open, one with the fuzzmz vote, and another with rekard... and with five seconds to go, I hit submit on the fuzzmz vote. The page changed to the successful post notice, I glanced at the clock, and I swear at that moment I saw it flip to 9; I thought I was good. But then the time stamp showed it as 6 seconds past the hour. My jaw dropped in disbelief, and I freaked out in the wolf thread, repeatedly apologizing to rekard for my fuck up. Which is what it was.

When I initially made that bad post, I told myself to just highlight Blind as a vote, and then change it later; but I was in a rush to head out, my brother literally waiting for me to get going, and I was also worried what another throwaway vote on Blind might look like. So I went out and tried to enjoy most of my evening, only glancing in occasionally from my phone. I ended the night as early as I could and returned home about 30 mins before EoD, and fell into the more commonly seen Ryvvn crisis panic mode. Rictus was right, I did have a few drinks in me, but nothing that happened in the game last night was intentionally underhanded or a ploy to try and gain some sort of credibility.

As for my posting in the F5 thread, I see now how pointless that was, but in the moment, after seeing Furin's EoD count which incorrectly included mine, I just felt the need to express that I saw that and didn't want the players thinking I agreed or was hopeful that the mistake would go unnoticed. I certainly would not have wanted to win in that manner, and I was worried Furin might post the next day before noticing the mistake. In retrospect I should have just PM'd him instantly and not bothered posting anything in the F5 thread. Be that as it may, the F5 thread is outside of the game and nothing said there should be carried back into it for consideration, I feel bad if Rictus did so, but I won't take blame for what was a natural reaction to my own fuck up.

My hope is, that when this game ends, I do not discover that everyone else would agree that my actions last night ruined the end of Furin's game. Nobody can be more mad about what happened than I am at myself, and while I will still enjoy this win if it happens to come my way, I will never think I deserved it.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 15:38:47

I do not know if posting that response was inappropriate or not, if maybe I should have just stayed silent and let Rictus go on, but I also would not like him to win by changing people's minds based on an assumed meta reason. The other two players don't know me, they don't know that I would not want to ever do something like that. I think most of the rest of you do know my style well enough, to know that I'm very careful about skirting the borders or rules, usually asking if certain things are okay before I attempt them.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 06 Mar 2014, 16:27:00

I believe that you were just concerned about your vote counting when it should not. I didn't read anything into your F5 post. It's all good. So Sayeth the GM.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 16:57:16

Ryvvn wrote:PJ, you make a good point, one that may be impossible to ignore; but I'm still going to reread the game and try to not factor that in.

That PJ wrote:Or Ryvvn is a really, really good wolf.

Oh, come on, let me have this one ;)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 17:32:13

rekard, I don't really mind anymore that you spell my name wrong, I figure it's probably just your tablet (I think that's what you generally post on?) having any other spelling just autocorrecting to that at this point; also my name in your game was actually a pretty funny gag!

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 06 Mar 2014, 18:05:36

While Furin does his thing, I'd like to summarize my own wolf play this game: I definitely see how I've improved from my first wolf game, I didn't ask for permission to do things and I acted as human as I was able. Aside from that one slip up of a post, I feel I played solidly the whole game, and I am pretty proud of that. I would have liked to have seen what would have happened had those now more accustomed to playing with me been in the end game with me instead of the newer players -- not that they didn't deserve to be there themselves, but just to see if I would have been as successful when I otherwise should have totally failed.

Thanks for the great game Furin, and thanks to my fellow wolves for helping me win this one!

Return to “Radon Canyon”