Torture Cubicle 3

Features include: king sized beds, free wi-fi, HBO on demand, and torture cubicles.
Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Torture Cubicle 3

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 16:08:25

Rictus wrote:That is a wolf-ish as hell post, Ryvvn. Last night you were the same way with Blindsniper.

"Gee, sorry if we're going to lose, but I'll just sit here on Blind knowing I lost by trusting my gut".

Doesn't hurt that wolf-CAD was the clear target at the time... you didn't help lynch him, at all.

And now today, you say "gee, can't really tell. I don't want to lose by choosing wrong. But I don't want to vote Blind, that's useless too".

And today Fuzzmz and rekard are up for votes.

This will be paranoia spinning around and around, but I think Rekard and Ryvvn are the last two wolves.

Oh look, it's late-game Rictus! I don't know how you kill him earlier than this, but if you don't kill him it's absolutely crucial that you keep your damn mouth shut if you're a wolf :lol:

Ryvvn going after Rictus right now would be very bad unless he thinks he can draw votes from rekard. Ryvvn voting for Rictus right now is fine, but pushing for him will have him lock down on rekard and push for Ryvvn. He may do that anyway, which would be really bad for Ryvvn if nothing changes because then Rictus has to be mauled today...but he's going to be mauled screaming that Ryvvn is the last wolf if rekard is a wolf.

I think that unless Rictus changes his mind - which is highly unlikely - the only wolf move that might work today would be a rekard move against Rictus.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 2422
TWG 2 Posts: 353

Postby Omega » 05 Mar 2014, 16:12:37

And people will ignore him tomorrow that Ryvvn is the last wolf and the wolves will win.

No one remembers a dying human's cries.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 16:14:19

Well good thing I'm working late tonight. I haven't had time to even start the endgame narrative. :lol:

Just goes to show, don't count anyone out. So now, does ryvvn vote for fuzzmz so the game is decided by random.org?

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 16:15:21

Hmmm, here's an idea:

If the day ends in a tie between two people, how about I just kill them both? :x

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 16:16:54

Omega wrote:And people will ignore him tomorrow that Ryvvn is the last wolf and the wolves will win.

Did you read Ryvvn's post? It's pretty bad.

I agree with rekard that Wolves are now likely to lose tomorrow.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 16:22:12

He could have maybe played it off if it was one post, but Rictus had clearly been re-reading yesterday's thread and had noted Ryvvn's posts, including the one I quoted that made me wince.

I don't think even Blindsniper misses this after it's been pointed out :P . This isn't a little thing that's easily passed over.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 05 Mar 2014, 16:29:45

Ozymandias wrote:
Omega wrote:And people will ignore him tomorrow that Ryvvn is the last wolf and the wolves will win.

Did you read Ryvvn's post? It's pretty bad.

I agree with rekard that Wolves are now likely to lose tomorrow.

I did read it, and it was bad. No doubt.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 16:33:15

I want to say that Ryvvn's scenario is particularly difficult because That PJ seems to be willing to re-evaluate if a player seems to be unusually linked to a known wolf. I really hope he would quote Rictus' argument tomorrow, with the obvious additional evidence of human-Rictus, wolf-rekard.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 16:37:22

God, Furin, I think you're right. I think Ryvvn is going to wait until :59 and snipe-vote to force a coinflip. That PJ won't be around to move his vote. He probably doesn't have to wait that long, but hell if I know whether That PJ's telling the truth about not being around near EOD.

If he does it anywhere earlier than the last 10 seconds, I'd take a -400 bet that Rictus is going to name Ryvvn and rekard as the final 2 wolves before the thread gets locked.

Clearasday
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Clearasday » 05 Mar 2014, 16:41:21

Hey all, great game Furin, the write-ups were extremely fun to read and I'll be looking for more from the podcasts in the future.

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday but I logged on late at night, tired, saw I was being lynched quite spectacularly, and decided it was a foregone conclusion. Which I probably shouldn't have done.
THERE IS NO JUSTICE, THERE IS JUST CLEARASDAY.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 16:42:28

Hellheart wrote:Ryvvn going after Rictus right now would be very bad unless he thinks he can draw votes from rekard. Ryvvn voting for Rictus right now is fine, but pushing for him will have him lock down on rekard and push for Ryvvn. He may do that anyway, which would be really bad for Ryvvn if nothing changes because then Rictus has to be mauled today...but he's going to be mauled screaming that Ryvvn is the last wolf if rekard is a wolf..

But if Ryvvn plays it right, I think he can use that to his advantage.

Because if he goes hard-- like HAM hard-- against Rictus, and then Rictus gets mauled, he could possibly play it off tomorrow as an obvious Wolf setup.

But I don't think he should actually vote for Rictus, just use his suspicion of Rictus to justify voting for fuzzmz.

Really the key is to make sure That PJ doesn't switch so the Wolves at least get a coin flip.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 16:43:40

Clearasday wrote:Hey all, great game Furin, the write-ups were extremely fun to read and I'll be looking for more from the podcasts in the future.

Sorry I didn't post anything yesterday but I logged on late at night, tired, saw I was being lynched quite spectacularly, and decided it was a foregone conclusion. Which I probably shouldn't have done.

Yeah, if you had voted for Rictus yesterday than rekard and Ryvvn could have sniped to clinch the game.

Though not sure they would have been that ballsy ...

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 16:46:00

It's Ryvvn. He's not going to say a thing, then he's going to snipe-vote in the last minute with some bullshit justification. That PJ probably switches prior to that if he's around because Ryvvn won't cast a vote until then...but I don't think That PJ is going to be around.

Ryvvn forfeited the right to be angry when he was uncharacteristically and inexplicably resigned at the end of Day 8. Any show of anger at this point is going to look more comical and forced than anything else.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 16:47:36

Clearasday wrote:Hey all, great game Furin, the write-ups were extremely fun to read and I'll be looking for more from the podcasts in the future.

Thanks! It seems to have been a rousing success. It has been nice to exercise my writing muscle.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 16:50:03

FurinMirado wrote:

Thanks! It seems to have been a rousing success. It has been nice to exercise my writing muscle.

...Is this related to the iron fist "opportunity" that put you on your current career path? :P
Last edited by Hellheart on 05 Mar 2014, 16:50:15, edited 1 time in total.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 16:50:15

Hellheart wrote:It's Ryvvn. He's not going to say a thing, then he's going to snipe-vote in the last minute with some bullshit justification. That PJ probably switches prior to that if he's around because Ryvvn won't cast a vote until then...but I don't think That PJ is going to be around.

Ryvvn forfeited the right to be angry when he was uncharacteristically and inexplicably resigned at the end of Day 8. Any show of anger at this point is going to look more comical and forced than anything else.

I'm not saying he'll actually do it, I'm just saying that's the best way for Ryvvn to survive a vote for fuzzmz if rekard loses the tiebreaker and gets lynched.

Basically, he needs to pretend that he's a Human who's been unfairly accused by Rictus, and tap into that imaginary anger.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 17:01:03

Ozymandias wrote:Basically, he needs to pretend that he's a Human who's been unfairly accused by Rictus, and tap into that imaginary anger.

Might work for people who don't know Ryvvn, but then he'd have been levelheaded all game, even in situations where he arguably shouldn't have been, until Rictus commits the cardinal sin of being the first person to accuse him of being a wolf...9 days into the game. Total dumbfounded shock might work, but anger seems to fit the traditional over-emotional wolf mold.

Ryvvn's only theoretical chance to play that off is to cast a really sloshy-sounding vote for fuzzmz and apologize the following day for pre-gaming far earlier than he should have. That's a razor-thin line that almost never works, but it's the only explanation that's remotely plausible for human-Ryvvn.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 17:06:26

If he thought he could move Blindsniper, a rekard-led mass vote switch onto Ryvvn followed by a Blindsniper maul has suddenly become the wolves' best chance of winning. It'd be rekard against Rictus for swaying the votes of two newbies, with the added benefit of fuzzmz's wolfishness.

Rictus is not moving unless Blindsniper moves, though. This ain't his first rodeo.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 17:09:09

Hellheart wrote:If he thought he could move Blindsniper, a rekard-led mass vote switch onto Ryvvn followed by a Blindsniper maul has suddenly become the wolves' best chance of winning. It'd be rekard against Rictus for swaying the votes of two newbies, with the added benefit of fuzzmz's wolfishness.

Rictus is not moving unless Blindsniper moves, though. This ain't his first rodeo.

The problem with rekard voting for Ryvvn is that it makes it harder for Ryvvn to vote for fuzzmz instead of rekard, which might be the only way the Wolves can win now.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 17:14:07

Ozymandias wrote:
Hellheart wrote:If he thought he could move Blindsniper, a rekard-led mass vote switch onto Ryvvn followed by a Blindsniper maul has suddenly become the wolves' best chance of winning. It'd be rekard against Rictus for swaying the votes of two newbies, with the added benefit of fuzzmz's wolfishness.

The problem with rekard voting for Ryvvn is that it makes it harder for Ryvvn to vote for fuzzmz instead of rekard, which might be the only way the Wolves can win now.

If Blindsniper, Rictus, and rekard move to Ryvvn he has no choice but to vote for fuzzmz - rekard is at 1 vote after that.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 17:22:59

Rekard's linking fuzzmz and Ryvvn, and Ryvvn has said nothing since being poked by Rictus.

I'd be surprised if Blindsniper changes - which has nothing to do with what Rictus is saying and everything to do with the simple fact that rekard is still alive at F6 - and Rictus only needs to look at the vote count to know where Ryvvn's going to vote.

Going to be so pissed if Rictus changes his vote. If Blindsniper changes his vote, I'm going to Day 1 Vig him next time I get a gun, like I should've done this game :lol:

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 05 Mar 2014, 17:48:44

Subject: Night 9

Ryvvn wrote:My only other option would be to use my one time "I'm human" lie, but with fuzz and PJ in the mix they don't understand that I've tried to build up credibility with that.

I wonder if that would work on anyone right now. :(

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 17:55:17

Admetus wrote:I wonder if that would work on anyone right now. :(

If he'd been that emotional before he fudged his way around it in the map game, I would never have believed it. It only semi-worked because that post of his was utterly detached, like he had to follow because he had the most complicated role ever and had no idea how to begin explaining it.

Maybe it would work if the post said: "he guys in humid ok? fuzzm thoughts bowled." I'd laugh enough that I'd probably let him slide for a day if it weren't lynch-or-lose.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 17:58:12

Ryvvn has to snipe fuzzmz here.

Can't imagine his chances tomorrow are better than 50%.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 05 Mar 2014, 17:59:00

Subject: Day 9: Gerbils

rekard wrote:The silence is revealing. Not counting on Ryvvn voting before EOD. He will probably snipe and vote for me. At best, we rely on the coinflip.

This is ironic. Ryvvn folds and wolves will still win. Sigh.Just because of paranoia and metagaming.

Very good last try by rekard. If Rictus is waiting, and has any doubts, he could move to fuzzmz to deny the flip.

-edit-
Looks like Rictus has officially passed on it.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 18:00:34

wow, that's brutal

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 05 Mar 2014, 18:00:52

Posted: 2014-03-05 21:00:06

Oh, shit.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 18:01:09

rekard wrote:I personally dislike this thought that pervades several games : "He is still alive, why isn't he dead?". It is not always the case, and I have always diffused that as a human to some degree.

That's not quite accurate. If rekard spent the entire game being horribly wrong and kept surviving lynches, he's going to be alive at F3. If rekard's been pushing wolves at a fair clip in his normal rekard fashion, he can't be both human and alive at F3 in a "normal" game.

Wolf-hunters that are wrong get lynched, wolf-hunters that are right get mauled. There's an in-between, but it falls apart before F3. You'd have to win a coinflip and be way wolfier than the other two players to make it to F3 as a human.

rekard wrote:The silence is revealing. Not counting on Ryvvn voting before EOD. He will probably snipe and vote for me. At best, we rely on the coinflip.

This is ironic. Ryvvn folds and wolves will still win. Sigh.Just because of paranoia and metagaming.

Nice play to both keep Rictus quiet and remind Ryvvn not to say anything until he snipes fuzzmz.

twdog
Adorably Paranoid Vampire

Postby twdog » 05 Mar 2014, 18:02:22

Hellheart wrote:If he'd been that emotional before he fudged his way around it in the map game, I would never have believed it. It only semi-worked because that post of his was utterly detached, like he had to follow because he had the most complicated role ever and had no idea how to begin explaining it.

I remember being dumbfounded by how long he lasted in that game. He got publicly caught in a lie, yet somehow kept going day after day ... I couldn't believe it.

edit:

ouch

ryvvn should probably just resign tomorrow
you hear an odd muffled noise in the shoggoth tank

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 18:03:19

Great game, rekard!

Days 3 and 4 might have been a little shaky, but you were pretty terrific from Day 5 on.

Well done.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 05 Mar 2014, 18:03:49

Nghaaah. What a tense deadline.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 18:03:55

Whoa-- Furin, I don't think Ryvvn's vote should count?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 18:04:21

This one's up to Furin. All I want to say is that Rictus totally deserves the victory if he gets it.

---

I stopped caring about it after I got lynched over him on Day 1. I buried my tilt by working on mechanics; I was so angry at the policy-lynchers there that I really didn't take an objective look at Ryvvn afterwards.

Omega
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Omega » 05 Mar 2014, 18:04:45

Wow. To lose to rand() after losing the Seer on night 1? Not bad, not bad at all.

Nice game Furin.

twdog

Postby twdog » 05 Mar 2014, 18:05:50

I'll toss in a vote for it counting, not that it's up to me, but still

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 18:07:14

Ozymandias wrote:Whoa-- Furin, I don't think Ryvvn's vote should count?

Yeah, I did a double-check and caught that. Fixed it. Looks like the Residents get another chance.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 18:08:16

twdog wrote:I'll toss in a vote for it counting, not that it's up to me, but still

I spelled it out specifically in the rules thread. 9:00pm and later does not count.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 05 Mar 2014, 18:08:30

Subject: Night 9

rekard wrote:Now, I will shed a manly tear.

I will join you, to lament my part in the wolves' failure.

twdog

Postby twdog » 05 Mar 2014, 18:08:48

FurinMirado wrote:
twdog wrote:I'll toss in a vote for it counting, not that it's up to me, but still

I spelled it out specifically in the rules thread. 9:00pm and later does not count.

too bad

---

edit:

because I view the wolves as the underdogs, plus I like seeing desperate gambits
Last edited by twdog on 05 Mar 2014, 18:10:12, edited 1 time in total.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 18:09:44

Rictus still deserves the win so I'm glad he gets the chance :P

Agreed with Ozy about rekard. Couldn't have possibly read him as wolf after Day 5. Maybe I get him if I think Rictus is really human based on those last 2 days.

---

Oh man, I want to know what That PJ is thinking right now. Holy shit, is that an emotional rollercoaster or what?

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 18:13:58

Not sure Ryvvn can make a case against Rictus-- why would Rictus switch to rekard if they're both Wolves?

Only credible argument is that fuzzmz is the last Wolf.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 05 Mar 2014, 18:21:59

Who doesn't love shenanigans? I feel bad for backseat quarterbacking and don't mean to insult Ryvvn but if the wolves lose it's because he screwed it with today's posting and a little bit yesterday's. On the other hand, kudos to rekard for such strong play to come back nearly completely from what looked to be a total screw-up with Admetus back on day 3 (I think it was).

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 18:29:01

Ozymandias wrote:Not sure Ryvvn can make a case against Rictus-- why would Rictus switch to rekard if they're both Wolves?

Only credible argument is that fuzzmz is the last Wolf.

I'd counter with the most concise argument I will probably ever make:

Subject: Day 5: Limbs

FurinMirado wrote:Final Tally:

BlindSniper83 - 3 - Ryvvn, That PJ, Smirker
DastardlyOldMan - 3 - Clearasday, sphenodont, Rictus
Smirker - 3 - rekard, ICB, 7-zark-7
Ryvvn - 2 - fuzzmz, BlindSniper83
sphenodont - 1 - DastardlyOldMan
That PJ - 1 - Nitestorm
fuzzmz - 1 - Penalty

Did Not Vote: meta4

((Meta4 did vote for stigmata 2.0 so he will not be penalized.))

Subject: Day 9: Gerbils

FurinMirado wrote:Final Tally:

fuzzmz - 3 - rekard, that PJ, Ryvvn
rekard - 3 - BlindSniper83, fuzzmz, Rictus

Random.org says...

1 - fuzzmz is lynched.

Ryvvn's vote was late and does not count.

Final Tally:
rekard - 3 - Blindsniper83, fuzzmz, Rictus
fuzzmz - 2- rekard, That PJ

Did Not Vote (1) - Ryvvn

These two tallies are different. I'll give you three chances to guess why, and the first two don't count.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 05 Mar 2014, 18:31:16

Well. Sadness.

Victory being so close.

Times like this. It is ok to cry.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 18:33:47

I believe the link I posted in the Wolf forum pretty much says it all.

If only Ryvvn could have posted 1 second earlier! :cry:
A GM should be impartial, but I have to admit I was kind of rooting for you guys too.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 18:34:50

FurinMirado wrote:I believe the link I posted in the Wolf forum pretty much says it all.

I think you mean 7.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 18:36:51

Ozymandias wrote:
FurinMirado wrote:I believe the link I posted in the Wolf forum pretty much says it all.

I think you mean 7.

His time stamp shows up for me as 22:00. I thought it was exactly 22:00:00 but I guess it just doesn't show seconds for me. Is there a setting I have to change?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 05 Mar 2014, 18:37:08

rekard wrote:Well. Sadness.

One of the roles I came up with is a hunter-type role. It contains this line.

Most people think you're banging an angel, your brother, or both.

Which makes me chuckle every time I read it, nestled as it is between two very serious and depressing paragraphs.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 05 Mar 2014, 18:38:22

So many dead bodies. Tomorrow might be street cleaning day.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 05 Mar 2014, 18:40:09

FurinMirado wrote:
Ozymandias wrote:

I think you mean 7.

His time stamp shows up for me as 22:00. I thought it was exactly 22:00:00 but I guess it just doesn't show seconds for me. Is there a setting I have to change?

Yeah, try one of the other skins. I use subsilver2.

EDIT: Or it may be the date format you have selected under board preferences.
Last edited by Ozymandias on 05 Mar 2014, 18:41:10, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “An Undisclosed Location”