Letters to the Dead

Features include: king sized beds, free wi-fi, HBO on demand, and torture cubicles.
FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Letters to the Dead

Postby FurinMirado » 24 Feb 2014, 11:00:11

Sent: 24 Feb 2014, 14:49
To: FurinMirado
For the dead...

I'm sure I'll be joining you soon. I'm going to "roleplay" the broadcasts out of WZZZ, the local numbers station. I'll try to mix up a cipher substitution, in case anyone actually tries to see what I'm saying. For now, it's a simple A=1, Z=26 deal, but I've written a quick and dirty VBA script to do an ascii translation as well.

Tonight I add French and/or Spanish to the mix.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Re: Letters to the Dead

Postby FurinMirado » 25 Feb 2014, 07:21:22

Re: Welcome to the Sheriff's Secret Police

Sent: 25 Feb 2014, 11:16

Thoughts for the dead: Hello Future Rekard :twisted:

Actually, I'm glad to see this & am not planning to squander my shot on Rekard. I'm sure I can find a better place to squander it, and Carlos must be avenged (hello Egon, you're looking well, all things considered).

I have a funny feeling that Ozy & Nightstorm are both wolves, & am looking funny at San's burmashave ad vote for me:

San wrote:A bowl of ramen.

There is nothing natural about it. Every ingredient processed. Even the water must be heated.

A tiny encapsulation of Man's industry, bent to serve Man.

7-Zark-7

Humans generally don't feel the need to "bend" me "to serve man" on day 1/2 very often, although I might have made him suspicious just by being more silent day 1 (and absent day zero). I suspect he's just projecting regarding his "tiny encapsulation". We'll see.

More in a bit,

7z7

FurinMirado wrote:Random.org chooses "1" which means you have been forcefully inducted into the Sheriff's Secret Police.

Here is your face-obscuring leather balaclava, short cape and traditional armaments, which are blow darts and daggers.

Your new role description:

As a member of the Sheriff’s Secret Police you have the power to have one person detained in the Abandoned Mine Shaft outside of town. This must be done as a Day action. You may only do this once per game. If you are lucky the Sheriff may show up and allow you to detain one more person.

You are a Resident Vigilante

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 25 Feb 2014, 08:25:24

Edit: And oh man, I just saw that simple_simon is GA. This is really going to be a tough one for the residents to win since I'm sure he's going to continue to get heat from my totally random pick of him.

Well, I guess what do you expect from a place like Night Vale? I'm just sad about the hair.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 25 Feb 2014, 17:10:41

Re: Day 2: Goldfish

Sent: 25 Feb 2014, 20:58

7-zark-7 wrote:Thought for the dead:

Subject: Day 2: Goldfish

FurinMirado wrote:VIG SHOT CONFIRMED

((More to come))

The Ozy / Nightstorm banter seems really forced this time. If Ozy doesn't turn out wolfish, I will likely be joining you in the dead thread soon (with my apologies, of course). I just had this really weird hunch I was going to get mauled before pulling the trigger, & hey, Furin handed me a gun, so...

Sorry about that if you're human Ozy...

More in a bit,

7z7

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 28 Feb 2014, 17:27:08

Re: Day 5: Limbs

Sent: 28 Feb 2014, 20:54
To: FurinMirado Hellheart

7-zark-7 wrote:Thoughts for the dead:

Subject: Day 5: Limbs

Hellheart wrote:Zark will be happy to know that I am not colored blue this time.

You are colored blue now. :cry: Very, very sorry I read you wrong. I'm wondering about Dom & Blindsniper now, as that feels a bit vig heavy. I was pushing on HH as much for info as the read, & DOM may have taken advantage of that.

Something to keep an eye on, but again - sorry about, you know, the nicotine crazed monster who shot you after I pointed at you.

More in a bit,

7z7

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Feb 2014, 18:05:45

Before I look: kind of torn on whether DOM is a wolf here. That's a gutsy-as-hell Vig shot for a wolf to take, but it gets me out of the picture and he can probably survive it. I took a less-crazy form of what I did last game and just did something unexpected to shake things up to get as many reads as possible. I knew I wouldn't survive tomorrow even if I magically survived today, but ICB was actually playing like Old Human ICB and I was very, very happy to feed Old Human ICB as much info as possible.

I honestly didn't expect the Admetus spew angle to be that clear-cut. I knew it wouldn't be entirely right, but when it was that obvious in his last wolf game it can't be that far wrong either. Even if it is wrong, however, goldfish memories will wash that problem away and leave the way that people reacted to that angle. I wonder how right I was. I think in a lot of cases I would do all of that analysis and then just push Rictus really hard, knowing that I can probably get one last read out of that before I die.

The basic idea for today was to infodump, get as much info into the thread as possible, make more reads based off of that or at least give the humans enough to look at later in terms of reactions, and then try my damnedest to make sure that Smirker died after I did. I do think Smirker's a wolf, but even if he's not, his death clears up the voting record SO MUCH. I feel like we were doing a lot of flailing because there's no easy way to know what was going on for Day 3 and that means we have 2 days with no voting record to do anything with.

Biggest wolf suspects still lie in the sets I posted early in the day: {Rictus, Zark, DOM}, {Smirker, That PJ, Nitestorm}. Also Ryvvn. I really did not like how he skeeved his way out of my request.
Humans would be: ICB, rekard, CAD, Blindsniper.

I got a strong human read on rekard late but didn't want to say that in case I was wrong. I would've hard-defended ICB from the start of that day onward, it was nice to see the wolf-hunter side of him again. I regret not pushing Blindsniper's humanity harder. I don't think it's possible for him to be a wolf. Then again, if the wolves are trying to lynch him now it's not going to help them very much because I suspect that multiple players know he's a resident vigilante and are using him as bait to draw out a wolf or two.

----

I had to push you hard Zark, you just weren't talking and I needed you to talk. Even if Smirker flips wolf you would've had a chance to convince me otherwise and I'm pretty sure I end up going after Rictus or DOM instead, but damnit ICB was right. It felt like you got lazy after Day 2 and you weren't going after anyone hard enough and that's how we read you as human. If I have to prod the shit out of you to get you to do that, especially when nobody in their right mind is going to lynch or Vig you, I'll do that every single time.

I just hope that you realize how important it is to us for you to always play like you're going to be lynched if you don't contribute well. You break the humans out of a lot of bogs.

Ozymandias
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby Ozymandias » 28 Feb 2014, 18:12:27

Hellheart wrote:Before I look: kind of torn on whether DOM is a wolf here. That's a gutsy-as-hell Vig shot for a wolf to take, but it gets me out of the picture and he can probably survive it. I took a less-crazy form of what I did last game and just did something unexpected to shake things up to get as many reads as possible. I knew I wouldn't survive tomorrow even if I magically survived today, but ICB was actually playing like Old Human ICB and I was very, very happy to feed Old Human ICB as much info as possible.

I honestly didn't expect the Admetus spew angle to be that clear-cut. I wonder how right I was. I think in a lot of cases I would do all of that analysis and then just push Rictus really hard, knowing that I can probably get one last read out of that before I die.

The basic idea for today was to infodump, get as much info into the thread as possible, make more reads based off of that or at least give the humans enough to look at later in terms of reactions, and then try my damnedest to make sure that Smirker died after I did. I do think Smirker's a wolf, but even if he's not, his death clears up the voting record SO MUCH. I feel like we were doing a lot of flailing because there's no easy way to know what was going on for Day 3 and that means we have 2 days with no voting record to do anything with.

Biggest wolf suspects still lie in the sets I posted early in the day: {Rictus, Zark, DOM}, {Smirker, That PJ, Nitestorm}. Also Ryvvn. I really did not like how he skeeved his way out of my request.
Humans would be: ICB, rekard, CAD, Blindsniper.

I got a strong human read on rekard late but didn't want to say that in case I was wrong. I would've hard-defended ICB from the start of that day onward, it was nice to see the wolf-hunter side of him again. I regret not pushing Blindsniper's humanity harder. I don't think it's possible for him to be a wolf. Then again, if the wolves are trying to lynch him now it's not going to help them very much because I suspect that multiple players know he's a resident vigilante and are using him as bait to draw out a wolf or two.

----

I had to push you hard Zark, you just weren't talking and I needed you to talk. Even if Smirker flips wolf you would've had a chance to convince me otherwise, but damnit ICB was right. It felt like you got lazy after Day 2 and you weren't going after anyone hard enough and that's how we read you as human. If I have to prod the shit out of you to get you to do that, especially when nobody in their right mind is going to lynch or Vig you, I'll do that every single time.

I don't understand why Zark's Humanity was ever in doubt (not just by you, but many players) after he shot me -- he was the only Vig to claim Day 2 activation, and despite what Furin said there's no way a GM is activating a Wolf Vig right after the Wolves take out two Human specials.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Feb 2014, 18:26:55

Zark's humanity was never in doubt for me as long as he kept responding. The problem is that I'm pretty sure that DOM was right and at least one more analytical player is a wolf - human Zark is great but it does jack shit for us if he isn't hunting wolves and pushing players that haven't drawn attention yet.

I knew I couldn't get much else out of the players that could've been wolfy, so I just started pushing anyone who might be around to respond. I desperately wanted to push DOM but he's experienced enough to just let that slide off and make me look like a fool in the process, so I wasn't about to try that angle. Zark was really the best way to go at that point.

The best thing about prodding Zark is that if he gets a reload, he'll probably have to shoot a wolf again to prove his humanity to skeptics. I'd love to say that we all try our hardest regardless of how much we're in danger, but it's simply not true. If he has to shoot a wolf to stay alive, I'm pretty confident that Zark will end up finding and shooting a wolf.

FurinMirado
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby FurinMirado » 28 Feb 2014, 18:28:27

This thread is just so current players can post messages to the dead. Please use the "Torture Cubicle 3" thread for discussions.

Return to “An Undisclosed Location”