The Dead Thread

Someone opened the box. Now you're a potato.
sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Re: The Dead Thread

Postby sphenodont » 01 Apr 2014, 07:16:37

Also, given that it's April Fool's Day, I will be disappointed if all the remaining players don't resolve as humans, only to lose to Ozymandias, who was the very well hidden last Werewolf all along.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 01 Apr 2014, 07:26:33

The timing really has worked out quite well for that type of silliness hasn't it?

Given the impending results of this game, I think the lesson I should take away from it is clear:
When I trust people they turn out to be horrible traitors. Clearly I need to lie more. ;)
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 01 Apr 2014, 07:28:58

dferrantino wrote:
Admetus wrote:
If you add my % wolf to my % dead, you get 100%. In quantum terms, that means that when you lynch me I'm going to resolve as a wolf no matter what else is going on in the game.

So, if you want to win, Hellheart, your #1 goal should be not getting lynched. If you're lynched, you're a wolf, and you lose. If you're not lynched, you're either a human who died when the wolf was lynched (a win), or a wolf that survived to the end and won.

Why is the only way forward for you to intentionally lose, when you have two ways to win still?

Because he's dumb.

I think Hellheart's focused on solving the logic puzzle, and forgetting that he's also trying to die on the winning team while solving the logic puzzle, that's all.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 01 Apr 2014, 07:42:56

Okaros wrote:The timing really has worked out quite well for that type of silliness hasn't it?

Given the impending results of this game, I think the lesson I should take away from it is clear:
When I trust people they turn out to be horrible traitors. Clearly I need to lie more. ;)

You can trust me.

Trust me.

Mister E. Meat
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Mister E. Meat » 01 Apr 2014, 07:44:21

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
dferrantino wrote:
Admetus wrote:
If you add my % wolf to my % dead, you get 100%. In quantum terms, that means that when you lynch me I'm going to resolve as a wolf no matter what else is going on in the game.

So, if you want to win, Hellheart, your #1 goal should be not getting lynched. If you're lynched, you're a wolf, and you lose. If you're not lynched, you're either a human who died when the wolf was lynched (a win), or a wolf that survived to the end and won.

Why is the only way forward for you to intentionally lose, when you have two ways to win still?

Because he's dumb.

I think Hellheart's focused on solving the logic puzzle, and forgetting that he's also trying to die on the winning team while solving the logic puzzle, that's all.

It's OK because the first few times I played quantum, it was the other way around for me. I was focused on trying to win without realizing that there's a logic puzzle there.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 01 Apr 2014, 07:46:58

sphenodont wrote:Also, given that it's April Fool's Day, I will be disappointed if all the remaining players don't resolve as humans, only to lose to Ozymandias, who was the very well hidden last Werewolf all along.

Done.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 01 Apr 2014, 07:48:04

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
dferrantino wrote:
Admetus wrote:

Because he's dumb.

Oh absolutely, and IIRC that's how the last Quantum game ended as well.

It's still dumb though.

(Future Hellheart: I'm being facetious. I don't actually think you're dumb.)

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 01 Apr 2014, 08:19:37

He could have at least tried to lie his way into a win and cause paranoia among people, since well who knows if everyone is saying the truth.

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 01 Apr 2014, 08:19:47

dferrantino wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:
dferrantino wrote:
Admetus wrote:

Because he's dumb.

It's still dumb though.

(Future Hellheart: I'm being facetious. I don't actually think you're dumb.)

I'm not sure there's an endgame for a large quantum that isn't dumb.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 01 Apr 2014, 08:31:27

rekard wrote:He could have at least tried to lie his way into a win and cause paranoia among people, since well who knows if everyone is saying the truth.

The thing is (and he doesn't know this so I can't fault him) Nitestorm only mauled him because he put in Ryvvn and rand() chose Hellheart. He could have actually done this quite easily.

Should have at least tried.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 01 Apr 2014, 08:39:33

Okaros wrote:Given the impending results of this game, I think the lesson I should take away from it is clear:

I didn't betray you. Oh, you mean you didn't trust me. :P

necklessone
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby necklessone » 01 Apr 2014, 08:45:14

dferrantino wrote:
DastardlyOldMan wrote:I think Hellheart's focused on solving the logic puzzle, and forgetting that he's also trying to die on the winning team while solving the logic puzzle, that's all.

The last quantum game ended the four people who had the potential to be the last wolf failing to organize and work together against the four confirmed humans left by a dead seer. The first time a night passed and the wolves didn't maul as a group, the humans had the game won (especially since they could force humanity on one of the potential wolves, giving that wolf no incentive to play along with the others). I just offered myself as a goat to shave a day or two off an inevitable situation.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 01 Apr 2014, 09:26:59

I think a lot of the time, it comes down to that one little tiny piece of information that someone lets slip. For example, this game: Ryvvn mentioned that he had mauled . . . Okaros? (I forget exactly), which allowed the humans to figure out that Ryvvn was one of the highly-possible wolves based on % jumping around. Two games ago, rekard mentioned that he had not mauled CAD, which gave (the rest of) us a 100% solution. The early game is a lot of RNG-ness and random positioning, but that late game, it only takes one little piece of information to manipulate the collapse.

But yeah, last game, the seer left a definite trail, and the 100% humans were able to more easily coordinate than the 75% wolves, who weren't all certain that they *should* coordinate, or something of that nature.

Oh, and meta4? I'm human :lol:

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 01 Apr 2014, 09:44:10

I remember. You guys lynched me on my birthday.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Apr 2014, 11:16:14

rekard wrote:I remember. You guys lynched me on my birthday.

Hah, that just happened to me, too. And you helped them do it!

sphenodont
Overlord
Overlord
TWG 1 Posts: 1671
TWG 2 Posts: 737

Postby sphenodont » 01 Apr 2014, 11:25:58

It's a time-honored tradition. I think it started when two years in a row, that was our gift to Visi.

rekard
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby rekard » 01 Apr 2014, 11:43:22

Different situations Admetus. With your lynch, the aim was a team victory of both.

When I got lynched in a Quantum game, it was because I was the only one not to lynch Clear, so everyone forced me to go from 8.33% wolf to 100 in one day.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 01 Apr 2014, 11:58:17

Mister E. Meat wrote:You can trust me.

Trust me.

If you want to wind up on the losing team I will absolutely trust you. :eyebrow: :mrgreen:
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 01 Apr 2014, 12:00:52

rekard wrote:Different situations Admetus. With your lynch, the aim was a team victory of both.

When I got lynched in a Quantum game, it was because I was the only one not to lynch Clear, so everyone forced me to go from 8.33% wolf to 100 in one day.

I'm just poking fun. I'm not mad or sad or anything. ;)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 01 Apr 2014, 13:01:03

DastardlyOldMan wrote:
Hellheart wrote:If/When DOM finds out that I've been the mole, my survival rate is going to plummet. That worries me quite a bit as well.

It was pretty much Day 1, Hellheart (maybe Day 2?). I mean, c'mon man, you voted against us EVERY SINGLE DAY (I could give two shits about the RP excuse you tried to drop) - it was rather obvious that you weren't on our side. You had all the subterfuge of a brick wall.

(( I didn't actively work against you until the call was made to kill Zark, which didn't happen until like an hour before that EOD. I wasn't fully committed to your alliance because you weren't sharing much of anything, but now I know that's because you got a peek into a forum where That PJ was a mole so that explains that nicely. Still, you didn't try to bring me in to anything either :p

I really never did cast a lynch or maul vote that would be inconsistent with my RP until Day 6. That gave me precious few candidates, so when I voted for you with sphenodont I really only did so because I could justify my vote on you...and I couldn't really justify it on anyone else. That's why I gave Zark the ability to pull me off, which I would've immediately obeyed.

You CANNOT expect me to break RP just because it's convenient for you. It's your job to take the minimum amount of effort necessary to give the character I'm RP'ing a reason to do what you want me to do, and if you get mad because you don't want to play along with me then you didn't deserve my cooperation in the first place. Sphenodont was the only person who even made a pass at that route, but then he voted to maul me so fuck that :lol:

I was RP-invested to the point that if you played up working with Doofenshmirtz in the alliance, I would've fully committed to your alliance even though it actually hurts my chances in the game. If it's clearly what Doof would do, then I'm going to do it. ))

----

(( Also, the term "plummet" was completely intentional because only the dead knew that I was obliquely referring to my apparent maul invulnerability. If anybody votes for me or mauls me, then my survival rate did technically plummet :P ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 01 Apr 2014, 13:23:48

Moved to day thread.

Return to “The Aether”