PMs

Someone opened the box. Now you're a potato.
dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
TWG 1 Posts: 0

PMs

Postby dferrantino » 22 Mar 2014, 07:27:08

For any miscellaneous PMs that come in.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Re: PMs

Postby dferrantino » 22 Mar 2014, 15:19:47

Subject: A quirky idea...
Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 15:00:46
To: dferrantino Ryvvn Hellheart

Hmm. PMs but no publicly-announced percentages. This should be interesting, yes?

--------------

Subject: Lets do this...
Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 15:01:38
To: dferrantino Nitestorm

I'm totally on board with your "lync/maul/vig/seer Ozy" plan this game.

--------------

Subject: I don't know about you guys...
Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 15:03:01
To: Aldax dferrantino Admetus

But there aren't nearly enough names beginning with vowels in this game. We may be in trouble.

--------------

Subject: So...
Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 15:04:57
To: dferrantino rekard

Do I have a comeuppance scheduled for this game? :)

--------------

Subject: Re: A quirky idea...
Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 15:34:08
To: dferrantino Okaros

Okaros' first PM wrote:Hmm. PMs but no publicly-announced percentages. This should be interesting, yes?

Yes, interesting. I glanced over the rules again real quick, won't be able to properly look at starting stuff until either late tonight or tomorrow, but I do believe it's no announced percentages period, not just publicly; also, I think we're supposed to be CCing dferr on these ;)

And, if you'd like to begin with one of our (tentative at best) alliances, I'm for that; though this being my first Quantum, I'll probably be more confused than helpful.

--------------

Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 16:10:28
To: dferrantino Ryvvn

I think you hit "reply" instead of "reply to all". Hellheart and dferr were both on my original "To:" list. :)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 22 Mar 2014, 17:42:08

Subject: Re: So...
Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 19:39:59

This smells of an alliance request. What's your angle?

----------
Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 19:54:52

I'm trying to see if I can drum up interest in trying to engineer a wolf win from the start. With all the human wins in previous Quantum games, it seems like being part of a wolf victory here would be extra-sweet.

And since I'm on your list, I figured you might be interested in the possibility. If for no other reason than it offers an opportunity to potentially betray me. ;)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 22 Mar 2014, 18:47:15

Subject: Feeling wolfy?
Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 20:11:18
To: sphenodont dferrantino

So, based on previous Quantum games it seems the wolves may have a harder time here than normal, which would make a planned wolf victory all the sweeter. Have any interest in trying to orchestrate such a thing?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 12:05:16

Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 21:22:38
To: dferrantino Okaros Hellheart

Ah, yep, my bad; copying everything to this message then to get things back in order... and also because I would have agreed with the attempt to include Hellheart.

Okaros wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:
Okaros' first PM wrote:Hmm. PMs but no publicly-announced percentages. This should be interesting, yes?

Yes, interesting. I glanced over the rules again real quick, won't be able to properly look at starting stuff until either late tonight or tomorrow, but I do believe it's no announced percentages period, not just publicly; also, I think we're supposed to be CCing dferr on these ;)

And, if you'd like to begin with one of our (tentative at best) alliances, I'm for that; though this being my first Quantum, I'll probably be more confused than helpful.
I think you hit "reply" instead of "reply to all". Hellheart and dferr were both on my original "To:" list. :)

-----------

Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 21:57:10

I will note that this is also my first Quantum game. The closest thing to it I've played prior was Ozy's Tempus Vigilantius game.

Even with being new to the format, I don't see any reason why we can't engineer a victory out of this. I suspect that building a conspiracy of more than 2 or 3 is begging for betrayal and/or loss since it's that much harder for the group to survive. Early-game the best bet would probably be to keep options open to avoid resolving too early. I would *also* suggest not seering/mauling each other early on. This could influence the game towards a state where we're mutually antagonistic towards each other (i.e. If I maul Ryvvn on Night 1 that increases the changes that we wind up on opposite sides).

Until we start getting a healthy amount of resolutions in-hand, I intend to play things by ear each day. Really the only thing to actively worry about is drawing the attention of the lynch. We're absent a number of the higher-profile players that could be easy early-game targets so we are likely to draw more attention than normal (particularly you, Ryvvn, after your lone-wolf win last game :) ).

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 12:06:28

Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 22:48:57

It is a delicate game you play Mr. Okaros.

We have a deal. Get one more in this group at leadt.

----------

Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 23:02:06

'tis the challenge of the thing. Anyone can win by stumbling to spur-of-the-moment victory, but to win with malice aforethought? Ah, that's a thing of beauty.

Right now I'm waiting to see if anyone else responds to my feelers. Hellheart's a possibility, though his strong likelihood of drawing a lynch at some point would limit his usefulness a bit. Perhaps Admetus? Anybody else you might suggest? Going beyond 3 may push things a bit too far, since a victory for 4 living wolves seems unlikely in this chaotic format and that fact might invite more betrayal than normal.

----------

Sent: 22 Mar 2014, 23:38:09

A team of 3. That at most.

For further plotting each member of the team can try to ally with a different subset of three to further manipulate results.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 12:08:59

Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 06:46:01
To: dferrantino Okaros Ryvvn

Oh wow, an evil alliance, I've heard about this sort of thing but I never seem to get any invitations and nobody ever returns my calls so I pretty much gave up on the whole thing. Is this an official thing where I have to send in money and I get a bumper sticker or something? I'd like to show off my new evil alliance but a bumper sticker really doesn't work for that sort of thing, I mean I don't even drive anywhere since Norm does all my shopping for me.

I don't mind participating, but one of you could be Perry the Platypus in disguise, trying to figure out my evil plan even though I tell him my evil plan almost immediately. So I'll be watching you, and by you I mean the box, because that's where Perry the Platypus is right now. I think.

----------

Subject: Re: Feeling wolfy?
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 08:11:57

I have no problem with making the attempt, but I'll admit I'm not particularly good at manipulating things in this kind of game. I always get tripped up on the mechanics.

----------

Subject: Re: I don't know about you guys...
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 12:24:14
To: Aldax dferrantino Okaros

Yes, clearly the odds are stacked against us!

----------

Subject: Mildly surprised
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 12:29:49
To: dferrantino necklessone

I thought this would be one of Ozy's can't-miss games, since you can literally plan your way onto the winning side.

Is there a better use for the vigilante than just revenge? Seems like one is so unlikely to resolve as vigilante until one is dead. Does this cause any kind of ineligibility to be vigilante if you attempt to shoot someone to drop out of the lynch lead on your last day?

----------

Subject: Re: Mildly surprised
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 13:36:17
To: dferrantino Admetus

Assuming dferrantino is resolving the vig like it has been in the past, you'll never be able to use it to try and vote snipe yourself to safety unless you've already resolved 100% as the vig (which as you noted, is unlikely unless you've just died). If there's any uncertainty with the vig or maul, they don't tend to effect votes to avoid any kind of paradox.

Assuming you're not a resolved vig who's still alive and has a shot, there are two major uses I can think of:

1) Vig someone and have them lynched. You'll lose the ability to be a vig and can either skew yourself slightly more wolfy or, with a large enough alliance, try and force someone into the vig role.

2) Hold it for the chance of end-game shenanigans. There's a much higher chance of resolving as vig while still alive in the end game and some edge cases where you might be able to force someone to 100% dead if you can coordinate with a limited number of people with vig eligibility.

----------

Subject: Re: Mildly surprised
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 13:44:19

2) Hold it for the chance of end-game shenanigans. There's a much higher chance of resolving as vig while still alive in the end game and some edge cases where you might be able to force someone to 100% dead if you can coordinate with a limited number of people with vig eligibility.

Ah, yeah this seems useful. It does seem somewhat likely, though, that the vigilante may die by bad luck to a lynch or maul before late game. If he's still floating around, it should be a fun cause to form a shooters' alliance.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 13:57:24

Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 15:52:11

How do you feel about spheno as our third? He's innocuous enough to avoid getting lynched early, and unlike some others he's actually opened a reasonable dialogue about a possible alliance.

----------

Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 17:05:02

That sounds good

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 15:27:28

Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 17:13:08
To: dferrantino Okaros Hellheart

dferrantino's rules wrote:
  1. PMs are allowed. Additionally, I may create boards as I see fit to facilitate the groups that may form.

Okay, so the way I see it, if we decide we'd now like our own board to chat on instead of PMs, we just need to PM each other to the point that we flood dferr's inbox ;)

Hellheart, I actually know zero about Phineas and Ferb, so just a heads up that if you try to pepper any clues within RP, I may miss it. I heard it was a damn good show though.

Okaros, I agree that I'll likely be targeted for lynch way early, probably even a favored maul choice early on as well, so I'm not really going to play this game for myself, at least not off the bat with the expectation of a swift death; the benefit is that I don't die until stuff gets resolved, so if we're forming an alliance here, if you think of ways I can help either of you two to win, I'd be all for that! ...and I'd consider it a partial victory for myself then :D

----------

subject: Re: A quirky idea...
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 17:28:44

Ryvvn, if you can survive an early lynch you'll likely be fine long-term; I think the tendency to avoid repeat-lynching may be stronger than usual this game.

(I'm also not a Phineas and Ferb person, Hellheart)

We should probably come up with some sort of amusing team name to describe ourselves. Thoughts?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 15:27:45

Subject: Go Team Wolf!
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 17:20:09
To: sphenodont dferrantino rekard

Welcome to Team Wolf, spheno. Lets see if we can't figure out a way to get a wolf victory out of this game, shall we? :)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 15:46:58

Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 17:33:22

Taking Aldax off for a moment since he hasn't responded or posted in the thread...

Any interest in teaming up against the dirty consonants? Since you're one of the stronger analytical players I figure if we both make it to mid-game it will be better to be working together rather than against each other.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 20:04:55

Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 18:08:52
To: dferrantino Okaros Ryvvn

(( It's worth watching a few episodes, 'specially since they're like 10 minutes long. Might be my favorite cartoon ever - the variety and quality of the humor is incredible. If nothing else, it's worth skipping to his segment on a couple of episodes to get a feel for how he talks since it factors so heavily into his entertainment value. That said, you don't really need to.

Doofenshmirtz isn't a terribly complex character - reading the first half of his Wikipedia entry and scanning or reading his TVtropes entry gives you pretty much all you need to know about Doofenshmirtz.

Apologies in advance if you have a tendency to get caught up in TVtropes. I spend entire days reading that website whenever I need a break from gaming. ))

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 20:07:01

Subject: Re: Day 0 - Entering the box
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 20:09:49
To: dferrantino That PJ

Subject: Day 0 - Entering the box

That PJ wrote:In a bit over my head here. 3 times now I've been through the creation of the world, man, woman, and the first murder. Exhausting. Please bear with me.

Trust me, I understand... The eons can be laborious, which is rather why the big guy hits the reset button periodically. This empire, that dark age, the other KT extinction. He promised no more floods once, but that simply meant he got more... Creative.

That PJ wrote:INineteen is an aggravating number. It won't do at all; not at all. We'll have to do something about it. Or, we won't.

Numbers don't lie, but they can be steered to the bidding of those who understand their utility. I'm putting together a small concern. A group of free thinkers who are tired of games of chance with a dealer who knows all the cards and smiles ~all~ the time. Please allow me to introduce myself, and should you be willing, I'll introduce you to the others. In the meantime, I'll ask you to look over the mountain vista at all the kingdoms of the earth, and to see them both for how small in scope and scale they are, and for your rightful place above them.

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Subject: Re: Live Fire Scenario: A Compromise Game (3/24/14)
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 20:14:54
To: dferrantino Hellheart

Subject: Live Fire Scenario: A Compromise Game (3/24/14)

Hellheart wrote:I really don't have anything better to do until Perry the Platypus escapes from my trap and foils my evil plan. Maybe if I do more evil things it'll speed up the process!

As I said publicly, you seem a man after my own heart. It's a shame the smaller private game wasn't played tonight, but then again, maybe it still can be. When you have eternity to think about it, the real joy comes in the diversions. The eons can otherwise be laborious, which is rather why the big guy hits the reset button periodically. This empire, that dark age, the other KT extinction. He promised no more floods once, but that simply meant He got more... Creative.

Numbers don't lie, but they can be steered to do the bidding of those who understand their utility. I'm putting together a small concern. A group of free thinkers who are tired of games of chance with a dealer who knows all the cards and smiles ~all~ the time. Please allow me to introduce myself, and should you be willing, I'll introduce you to the others. In the meantime, I'll ask you to look over the mountain vista at all the kingdoms of the earth, and to see them both for how small in scope and scale they are, and for your rightful place above them.

More in a bit,

7z7

---------

Subject: Re: SHOTGUN GAMES (next game 3/24 @ 7:30pm EDT)
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 20:27:07
To: dferrantino Ryvvn

Subject: SHOTGUN GAMES (next game 3/24 @ 7:30pm EDT)

Ryvvn wrote:
Ryvvn wrote:Tonight's game is all ready to start, just need a couple more players....

http://forum.thewolfgame.net/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=472

Will attempt this again tomorrow night

Subject: Live Fire Scenario: A Compromise Game (3/24/14)

It's a shame the smaller private game wasn't played tonight, but then again, maybe it still can be. When you have eternity to think about it, the real joy comes in the diversions. The eons can otherwise be laborious, which is rather why the big guy hits the reset button periodically. This empire, that dark age, the other KT extinction. He promised no more floods once, but that simply meant He got more... Creative.

Numbers don't lie, but they can be steered to do the bidding of those who understand their utility. I'm putting together a small concern. A group of free thinkers who are tired of games of chance with a dealer who knows all the cards and smiles ~all~ the time. Please allow me to introduce myself, and should you be willing, I'll introduce you to the others. In the meantime, I'll ask you to look over the mountain vista at all the kingdoms of the earth, and to see them both for how small in scope and scale they are, and for your rightful place above them.

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 20:07:25

Subject: Re: SHOTGUN GAMES (next game 3/24 @ 7:30pm EDT)
Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 21:17:27
To: dferrantino 7-zark-7

Sooooo, that's an "in" then? ;)

---

I would certainly appreciate any welcoming arms, especially if they dangle hands, with digits attached, which may have grown healthy nails, that may perhaps scratch this unreachable itch, dead centered on my back... I feel as if it's been there at least a few weeks now.

:flail:

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 20:07:45

Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 21:38:00

(( Will respond to this tomorrow. I don't want you to think I'm blowing you off; in-character responses just require levels of concentration that I just don't have right now. ))

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 23 Mar 2014, 20:08:21

Sent: 23 Mar 2014, 22:05:29
To: dferrantino DastardlyOldMan

Subject: Day 0 - Entering the box

DastardlyOldMan wrote:So, if I understand this right, everyone's a wolf, right?

I vote for everyone (else) - I'm going for a lone-wolf victory! In your face!

Wait. We don't vote yet? Oh, um. Never mind, just testing you all. That's it, just a test. Nothing to see here.

It's a shame the game hasn't started yet, but then again, maybe it still can be. When you have eternity to think about it, the real joy comes in the diversions. The eons can otherwise be laborious, which is rather why the big guy hits the reset button periodically. This empire, that dark age, the other KT extinction. He promised no more floods once, but that simply meant He got more... Creative.

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 06:13:05

Subject: Re: Go Team Wolf!
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 08:39:15
To: dferrantino rekard Okaros

Well, one of many wolf teams, I imagine.

So what strategy would you guys suggest?

So far, I have seered Aldax as human.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 06:29:21

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 01:10:25

I have no idea how to ally in a quantum game. Without directly sharing information about what actions we took, I'm not sure how to drive the game in a direction of our choosing. Maybe some ideas will occur to me as we gather more information, though!

In brief, what is happening tonight, if I remember how this works, is that all states where "Admetus is seer and Admetus's Night 0 Seer Target is not what he was told" are removed. That's only a sliver of the states, but it adds up over time. I think more states are collapsed as a result of one lynch than are collapsed across 19/19 quantum-seer results. I also doubt there was full participation in Night 0.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 06:29:43

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 06:39:30

You have my attention.

I certainly dislike the notion of being casually discarded in a cosmic madman's roulette wheel. Stacked odds are better than a number out of a hat any day of the week.

So who are the rest of these free thinkers? Assuming they responded as favorably to your inquiry.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 07:23:36

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 10:03:45

I could certainly be interested in such a group - there are ways of altering games of chance in such a way that the dealer becomes . . . irrelevant.

That said:
1) An unwritten assumption that we don't trust one another, of course.
2) I might be playing this one a bit capriciously, so don't endanger the cabal trying to bail me out of risks of my own devising.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 08:47:13

Subject: Private Forum Request: Top of the Sixes
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 11:35:42
To: dferrantino

Oh exalted master of the game, I wish to ask a boon.

You know me, you know how I spend my time.

You know me in the darkness and still of the night, and in the quiet that thunders in your ears and keeps you awake.

You should know that I am here to help. Although there are those who paint me in a less-than-flattering light (goat legs? really?), I have always been an advocate of critical thinking. And critical thinking favors enlightened self interest.

This game of yours interests me, and I would make my presence known to those who would hear what I have to say. I would like to arrange a mechanism where they can freely speak their mind without judgement and the constraints of lesser minds.

Would you be so kind as to arrange a room for conversation? I will supply the cigars and refreshments for those who would partake, and would ask that you arrange safe passage to my forum for interested parties. They are welcome to leave with my compliments at any time, and I will ask you to serve as witness to this conversation.

If it pleases the court, I would name this place "Top of the Sixes". I have my reasons for disassociating with those vulgar circles the ancients would confine me and my court within. As if crude chalk and invocations could bind. A contrivance, like so many other things, but worth maintaining in eyes of the masses. After all, what doesn't kill them usually hurts like hell.

Thank you for your consideration, and more in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 08:52:16

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 11:42:21

DastardlyOldMan wrote:I could certainly be interested in such a group - there are ways of altering games of chance in such a way that the dealer becomes . . . irrelevant.

That said:
1) An unwritten assumption that we don't trust one another, of course.
2) I might be playing this one a bit capriciously, so don't endanger the cabal trying to bail me out of risks of my own devising.

I believe we are on the same page, and will watch your efforts with great interest. I once knew a man, wandered in the wilderness hungry for 40 days. I offered him food, I offered him drink, he declined both.

I respected his decisions, and was content to keep him company while he wandered. Ironically, he went in search of knowledge and inspiration, so I took it upon myself to show him things he may not have otherwise seen.

Although it is not the way the Book would paint me, should someone desire my aide, I will always be there, and I am famed for keeping to the letter of my contracts. Trust should never be an issue amongst sentient beings, but the world has ~always~ turned on the axle of enlightened self interest.

I have been granted some small measure of my own domain, however there is baggage associated with such a trip - don't eat the pomegranates, don't look behind you as you leave... etc. I swear it is worse than airport security in many regards getting in and out, but you're changing the subject. I propose instead we meet on elevated ground, and have requested our Game Master prepare a space which I trust will be to your liking.

Mr Dferrantino, would you be so kind as to permit DOM safe passage to the Top of the Sixes forum? He is welcome to leave with my compliments at any time, and I will ask you to serve as witness to this conversation.

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 11:49:36

That PJ wrote:You have my attention.

I certainly dislike the notion of being casually discarded in a cosmic madman's roulette wheel. Stacked odds are better than a number out of a hat any day of the week.

So who are the rest of these free thinkers? Assuming they responded as favorably to your inquiry.

Friends are where you find them, but only a few have been asked to join us in the place which is being prepared.

I once knew a man who wandered in the wilderness hungry for 40 days. I offered him food, I offered him drink, he declined both.

I respected his decisions, and was content to keep him company while he wandered. As he went in search of knowledge and inspiration, I took it upon myself to show him things he may not have otherwise seen.

Although it is not the way the Book would paint me, should someone desire my aide, I will always be there, and I am famed for keeping to the letter of my contracts. Trust should never be an issue amongst sentient beings, but the world has ~always~ turned on the axle of enlightened self interest.

I have been granted some small measure of my own domain, however there is baggage associated with such a trip - don't eat the pomegranates, don't look behind you as you leave... etc. I swear it is worse than airport security in many regards getting in and out, but you're changing the subject. I propose instead we meet on elevated ground, and have requested our Game Master prepare a space which I trust will be to your liking.

Mr Dferrantino, would you be so kind as to permit That PJ safe passage to the Top of the Sixes forum? He is welcome to leave with my compliments at any time, and I will ask you to serve as witness to this conversation.

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 10:11:43

Subject: Re: Why Can't I Use Emoticons in Subject Titles?!?!
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 13:00:31

sphenodont wrote::flail:

So... I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I should, but I don't.

Would you be interested in having no idea what I'm doing in this game together? I can promise you with all certainty that I am either a human or I am a wolf.

I'm game for some discussion and more. What did you have in mind?

I can't promise you that I am a human or a wolf, but I can promise I am interesting.

Do you have a place to talk?

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 13:08:42

Well, as I understand it (Quantum noob here), early-game an alliance of people would basically be looking to avoid resolving each other prematurely by not taking actions directed at them. Seering/mauling/vigging your allies results in collapsing a certain number of states and can wind up leading to being resolved on opposite sides in the conflict.

Once several people have died and resolved you can start looking at steering things. If the first 3 people lynched all RNG up as wolves 1, 2, and 3 it's going to suck to be a wolf and we can work together to push ourselves off the list of possible wolves by mauling someone then lynching them the following day. Etc...

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 13:18:59

Sure, sounds reasonable. I will stop vigging you immediately. ;)

I'm interested in taking cues from a few veterans. Do people bother to leave seer hints? Is anyone going to use their vig shots shortly before they are lynched? Apart from that, I'll probably take it pretty easy for the first few days.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 12:45:21

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 13:30:22

Seer hints are definitely one of those things I'm scratching my head over. If the seer resolves to a living person then there's no need for hints at all, since odds are good they'll have confirmed (or will confirm) a human or two to share with. But with mass deaths possible due to the dominant wolf resolving later, I think the odds are likely that the seer will resolve on death, thus making hints Really Important if it's gotten into mid- to late-game.

Going to ponder the implications here a bit. If it looks like we're due for the lynch I'd say leaving breadcrumbs and vigging someone are both things to do before dying (assuming you're likely to resolve as a human, which I think most people should be here this first day or two).

Do you want to try and rope a third into our little club here? Aldax would have been nice given the Vowels-against-the-World theme, but since he's not participating atm I suspect he'll get WoG'd soon.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 13:38:48

Sure, we could definitely add one or two more. The main question is veteran or newbie (to Quantum). DOM and Necklessone seem to be answering questions about Quantum. Alternatively, That PJ will probably participate well but not have any more clue than we have. I don't know how comfortable Zark is with Quantum, but he's usually up for a non-aggression pact.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 13:43:14

I think 4 might be pushing it a little this early. With each extra person the odds of someone resolving on the opposite side of the rest of the team goes up substantially. PJ's not a bad idea, as he's new and thus unlikely to attract much lynch attention until late. Do you want to do the approach or shall I?

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 13:55:55

You go ahead, I am looking at my schedule for the rest of the day and cringing.

----------

Subject: An exclusive invitation...
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 14:00:17

into a hypothetical alliance. I'm teamed up with someone else and we're looking to grow that alliance by one since we think "three" is the best size for a team this game. We think you'd be a good fit.

Current goals: Avoid dying and resolving each other prematurely.
Long-term goals: Avoid dying and resolving onto opposite teams from each other. Win. :lol:

Interested?

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 14:37:45
Invitation sent as of a little bit ago. He hasn't picked it up yet, so it may be a bit before I get a response. If he accepts, I'll spawn a new PM thread for all three of us.

----------

Subject: Re: An exclusive invitation...
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:16:56

You have my attention.

Do you have much experience with a quantum scenario like this? I haven't hunted through archives to figure out how the chips tend to fall or who's been involved, so I don't really have a strategy at this point. I'm interested in cooperation--and that definitely seems to improve the odds--but I hope you're not looking for a lot of stunning ideas from me. :)

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:23:35

My partner and I are both relatively new to Quantum, but I think we're two of the stronger analytical players on the boards so we're confident in being able to sort things out. If you'll give me a formal "Yes, I'm in" I'll bring you on-board formally.

More generally, while you're new (to both the boards and Quantum) you have the wonderful advantage of being new. Other players recognize that and will tend to ignore you in the early game, which I think is a big help in Quantum (the trick seems to be surviving into mid-/late- game where you can start influencing how people resolve more directly).

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:29:39

Alright. Yes, I'm in.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:40:45
To: dferrantino Admetus That PJ

Welcome aboard the Vowel Train, PJ. We were originally going to include Aldax in our little Alliance, but it looks like he still hasn't shown up and is likely to get WoG'd soon.

As you can see from the rules thread, Admetus has been digging for clarification on various details. Generally-speaking, our early-game goal is to a) survive and b) avoid prematurely resolving each other. Seering/Mauling/Lynching each other is therefore not recommended at this time. ;)

While the fact that we're allied going public is not as bad as, say, a wolf being publicly outed in a vanilla game it would still be best not to make things *too* obvious. Voting as a block should be reserved for late-game or emergencies. We'll also need to be careful as the game progresses to keep our options open and avoid getting into an inconsistent state with regards to our team resolution. If we split 1 wolf/2 humans it won't be all that great for any of us.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:52:21
To: dferrantino Admetus Okaros

Thanks. I hope I prove a useful ally.

I've noticed a bunch of rules questions from Admetus, yes. Still trying to wrap my own head around the resolution rules. I'm about to go diving through the archives for general game clues.

I'd gathered that a team's ultimate goal is to resolve together and win, as either wolf or human. In order to do so, you use numbers to shift the odds as much as possible. But you don't want to push until later in the game, where there are less alternatives/our moves carry more weight. What I can't get a grasp on is what to do until then. Just wait for things to slowly unfold? Is it more useful for us to maul together or on different targets? Things like that.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:57:24
To: Admetus Okaros That PJ

Holy shitballs guys, you've got your own board.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:58:58
To: dferrantino Admetus That PJ

You're correct. Ultimate team goal is to have all three of us resolve together on the winning team.

Mauling together would be most useful after the first couple of deaths give us something to build on. While it's more likely to result in someone's death-by-maul it would also increase the odds of at least one of us being a wolf I think, which is not something we necessarily want to push before we have an idea of which way our overall team affiliation is shaping up.

We could, of course, deliberately try and force ourselves human or wolf from the start, but that seems like an extra bit of challenge that we may not need to

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 16:00:34

Well, that's 3 alliances I've formed. Do I go for four? Five? :lol:

Maybe I should stop before this gets *really* out of hand...

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 12:47:29

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 14:54:14

Not sure. It's always fun to try to aim to be wolves, but I was wondering if it might be worth driving some people to wolfdom and them lynching them for a human win.

I'm sort of adrift at the moment, no place to touch down and call home. I've put out a few more feelers to see if anyone else might be interested, but so far you're the only one to reply.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:36:01

I often reply. I enjoy stimulating conversation.

Is there anyone (save yourself) you'd refrain from voting for? My normal day 1 would be for Rekard, however when he resolves, if he resolves as vigilante... well it's a bad day for me. And I had plans, big plans.

So, as far as I can see, this is the vote list:
Nitestorm - 2 - FurinMirado, Okaros
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - Rekard, Necklessone
FurinMirado - 1 - stigmata
stigmata - 1 - Meta4
Meta4 - 1 - Sphenodont
7-zark-7 - 1 - DastardlyOldMan
BlindSniper83 - Mister E. Meat
(right around here, Rekard shot me in the head)
DastardlyOldMan - 1 - Rekard
Perry the Platypus sphenodont - 1 - Hellheart (WTF I don't even)
rekard - 1 - That PJ
Ryvvn - 1 - Admetus
FurinMirado - 1 - Nitestorm

I'm thinking of MEM (I often do). But should he be special to you... I'd hate to make enemies this early in the day.

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 21:35:47

I care not for MEM, but I've been away all evening, so my voting options are limited. I went to preserve Furin, because even in this state of flux, you just cannot lynch the previous GM on Day 01.

rekard's vig is a crafty play. You don't want to kill him for fear of the vig shot, and he keeps you from killing him by that threat, giving him room to build up wolf cred.

I'm very certain that rekard is trying to play the wolf game.

Are you and DOM working together? (HH has rebuffed me, and insists on calling me a platypus.)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 12:47:47

Subject: I always enjoy a good drink or two...
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 14:54:41

But without your better half around, I'm not sure you'll be all that inclined to share much other than alcohol... ;)

----------

Subject: Re: I always enjoy a good drink or two...
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:29:01

ah Okaros,

I am my own better half. Mortals use my name as if I spend my entire day sitting on their shoulders, forcing them to commit acts they would otherwise find repulsive.

"The Devil made me do it".

I have never made one of them do anything.

What I seek, however is conversation, conviviality, and perhaps the opportunity for enlightened self interest to benefit the larger group.

Is there anyone (save yourself) you'd refrain from voting for? My normal day 1 would be for Rekard, however when he resolves, if he resolves as vigilante... well it's a bad day for me. And I had plans, big plans.

So, as far as I can see, this is the vote list:
Nitestorm - 2 - FurinMirado, Okaros
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - Rekard, Necklessone
FurinMirado - 1 - stigmata
stigmata - 1 - Meta4
Meta4 - 1 - Sphenodont
7-zark-7 - 1 - DastardlyOldMan
BlindSniper83 - Mister E. Meat
(right around here, Rekard shot me in the head)
Perry the Platypus sphenodont - 1 - Hellheart (WTF I don't even)
rekard - 1 - That PJ
Ryvvn - 1 - Admetus
FurinMirado - 1 - Nitestorm

I'm thinking of MEM (I often do). But should he be special to you... I'd hate to make enemies this early in the day.

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:52:20

I don't have any particular favorites amongst this bunch just yet. While I have a number of feelers out, nothing has solidified to the point where I'd shed tears over someone's demise. I'll admit to a certain temptation towards lynching rekard just to preempt whatever revenge he has planned for me, but out of respect for the fine whiskey you're sharing I'll decline to do so today.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 12:48:34

Subject: Let's remain ambiguous
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:18:01

I admit: the idea isn't mine, but it sounds good. What say you to a non-resolution pact? The idea would be that neither of us would attempt to seer, maul, vig, or lynch each other for a few days. It would mean there is more flexibility to try to become whichever side is winning, in the future.

I'm only trying for one or two of these pacts. I don't see a need to go overboard, but a nudge in the direction of flexibility is good!

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 12:51:08

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:28:47

So, Perry the Platypus presents a poorly-planned proposal: a peace pact! You are not a human or a wolf, Perry the Platypus - how stupid do you think I am?

On second thought, maybe you don't remember that you're a platypus. I know I punched several holes in that box for air, but I made them really small because it'd be really stupid to have a locked box trap if you can stick your hand through and unlock the box. I hope you aren't starting to hallucinate.

(( Quoting prior message under the assumption that you didn't BCC it to dferrantino ))

sphenodont wrote::flail:

So... I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I should, but I don't.

Would you be interested in having no idea what I'm doing in this game together? I can promise you with all certainty that I am either a human or I am a wolf.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 21:33:28

Thanks for the Cc, HH. I forgot to include dfer on the inital one.

I am not a platypus, but perhaps from your cage you can no longer make out whatever is on the outside.

Do not ask what is inside my box. You will not like the discovery of that answer.

But you might like to work with me. Your call.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 12:58:55

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:54:21

Is this some sort of cult? Because I accidentally joined one of those last year and it was all about cleansing the spirit and reincarnation...all that religious mumbo-jumbo is not my thing.

Now if this is an evil alliance, that's something I'd be interested in. Unless it involves some sort of contract - I'm not signing anything. I've seen what happens when somebody does that.

You know, you look a lot different on TV. How do I know that you're the real thing and not Perry the Platypus in disguise?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 13:24:53

Subject: Let's resolve not to resolve
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 16:17:49

I was talking with someone else about non-aggression pacts, and he suggested it would be of benefit to broaden the definition a bit. What say you to a non-resolution pact? The idea would be that neither of us would attempt to seer, maul, vig, or lynch each other for a few days. It would mean there is more flexibility to try to become whichever side is winning, in the future.

I'm only trying for a few of these pacts. I don't see a need to go overboard, but a nudge in the direction of flexibility is good!

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 13:46:27

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 16:42:25

A reasonable question - although I have not yet been compared to a platypus. Kudos for your originality.

This is no cult. To be honest, I find those tedious, and frankly not worth the effort - most of the benefit (if any) that cults derive is via placebo effect.

The High Priest sacrifices a virgin to the cause. First off, there's more than one way to do this - I have taken virgins myself. Women who were saving their holy of holies for a better man are no less charmed by the attentions of a sinner. But finding a virgin is the challenge. Drawing another toward your line of thinking is no different from the ceremonies of empowerment many would claim as the source of their success.

Success, if any is a product of circumstance and dedication. Someone willing to endure the pomp & circumstance of a structured cult is not directing the cult. The leader has his reasons for calling this object sacred, and for marking that person for harm, or for declaring the week of the juice cleanse (a horrible idea). The structure is the circumstance and the dedication of the leader is what guides the rest of the group.

So no, it's not a cult. But we have a full bar at our Gentlemen's club, and many conversations of matters of interest to the group.

And a strict No Platypus policy. We must have standards, after all.

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 14:21:55

Subject: Winning Team
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 17:20:37

So Admetus. How about we like gather our thoughts to try to be on a winning team. With enough persuasion and strategy, we can assure ourselves to stay human or wolf as possible and not leave it to the random chance. What do you say?

If you agree though, we probably would need to get a third player for an alliance and help the common objective.

----------

Subject: Re: Winning Team
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 18:19:57

Sure thing. Your suggestion for a third? Just to throw a name out, maybe sphenodont?

I'm on a phone tonight, so limited access to chat.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 18:50:44

I don't know. Sphen is always paranoid about me. I don't know if he will trust me. I think MEM or Visigoth can be good with their availability and can coordinate.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 15:02:07

Subject: that which shall not be spoken of
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 18:00:38

Private note - I believe it's easier to steer ourselves human than special. Wanted to take your pulse before suggesting in thread.

One way to do so is to seer each other.

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Subject: Re: that which shall not be spoken of
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 18:25:57

Always easier to steer human, because we're more than halfway there. I'd be more interested, personally, in trying to spring wolf eternal - unless that's too stereotypically evil for you?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 19:39:43

Subject: Speaking of invitations
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 19:50:58

I'm going to lay out some cards for you. You are not the only one who's invited me to an alliance. 7 Zark 7 has also brought me into an alliance. He asked for some thoughts on possible other members and I threw your name in. So you may get an invite soon (if you haven't already).

It appears to be a larger group than the Vowel Train. Whether you want to tell Admetus or not is up to you. But I thought it'd be useful to have some visibility into what other players are up to and it makes any moves we take together considerably less suspicious.

I won't be mentioning the Train around them at all.

----------

Subject: Re: Speaking of invitations
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 20:29:03
Fascinating. I would not object to such an arrangement, as the more friends you have the better. Since the game is still early, there's no need to be picking sides just yet. Though, if it's a larger alliance then it can only be built with being human in mind since there are only 5 wolves after all. I would also caution that the chances for a backstabbing bloodbath inside that alliance would be... high once people start resolving.

Does Zark know that you've told me about his alliance?

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 20:46:24

No, he doesn't know that I've forewarned you. I'd have nothing to gain by shooting you an advance PM if we weren't already in an alliance (in fact, for appearances, it'll look like Zark's idea to the others in the forum).

What you've said is exactly what I was thinking: the bigger the group, the more likely something goes wrong. I figure they're planning on attrition--lose some people, but keep the alliance intact with whoever's left. No idea how well that will work, but I have to assume others are in multiple alliances, too, if I am. Hence, bringing you in. If it does collapse, I'd prefer to have one other ally in the mix--and we'd theoretically have Admetus as an additional help for whatever goes down.

Of course, to be fair, the inverse is true, too--if for whatever reason you or Admetus get knocked out early, or have another alliance you prefer to me, I'd like to be left with more options.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 22:14:55

Speaking of, before you push anything with rekard, he's another name they're suggesting.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 23:16:32

That PJ wrote:Speaking of, before you push anything with rekard, he's another name they're suggesting.

Alright, last message tonight.

You should stop leaking info to Ryvvn. Hopefully you haven't given him my name.

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 23:21:23

?? I haven't leaked anything to Ryvvn. He contacted me because he's gotten the same sort of "invitation" to Zark's club.

I've got a proposed 3-man alliance with him and Zark on the table. Names and contacts have not been mentioned by me at all, it's been purely Zark/Ryvvn-driven. What makes you think there's a leak?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 19:39:59

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 19:56:25

I'll be honest, you totally lost me when you started talking about cults. I sort of, you know, spaced out until I saw that comic. Have I shown you my comic book collection? I have...well...technically I have no comic books because they were all destroyed when Perry the Platypus broke my Declutter-inator. But I have pictures...no, Perry destroyed those too. Curse you, Perry the Platypus!

Anyway, I'm glad this isn't a cult. Where do I sign?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 19:48:36

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 20:00:00

Sure, Visigoth sounds good. Should we ask dferrantino for a private board?

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 21:01:03

First we gotta have Visigoth agree.

----------

Subject: The Winning Team.
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 21:03:29
To: dferrantino Admetus Visigoth

So Visigoth, Admetus.

How about we attempt to fit into a winning team? If we play our cards right we can either fit into the human win team or a wolf win team. That's the best way for survival in this game. Being alone is just too much chaos.

----------

Subject: Re: The Winning Team.
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 22:37:11
To: dferrantino Visigoth rekard
I'm willing if you are, Visigoth. I guess for now it would mostly be a non-aggression / not-doing-anything-to-resolve-each-other pact. Then once we see which way the wind is blowing, we can do a little more coordination.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 19:48:50

Subject: Hellheart's induction to the gentlemen's club
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 20:03:10

I once knew a man who wandered in the wilderness hungry for 40 days. I offered him food, I offered him drink, he declined both. You, I believe, would enjoy our buffet.

Mr Dferrantino, would you be so kind as to permit Hellheart safe passage to the Gentlemen's Club? He is welcome to leave with my compliments at any time, and I will ask you to serve as witness to this conversation.

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Subject: Re: Hellheart's induction to the gentlemen's club
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 20:12:44

7-Zark-7 wrote:I once knew a man who wandered in the wilderness hungry for 40 days. I offered him food, I offered him drink, he declined both.

Really, 40 days without food? How overweight was this guy when he got lost? That would be one hell of a diet.

Are you sure he didn't just wait until your back was turned to eat the food? I mean, that's what I'd do in that situation.

I wouldn't do something like that right now, of course. That was just a hypothetical. Please stop looking at me like that.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 19:49:07

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 20:39:59

Sounds like you could use some assistance with ice water deliveries in addition to simple witty repartee. I know a guy with access to a glacier, so maybe the three of us should sit down and discuss it. Maybe work out a partnership of sorts?

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 20:48:33

I'd be interested in having that conversation. Anyone I know?

I'll buy first round.

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 21:10:03
To: dferrantino Ryvvn 7-zark-7

7-zark-7 wrote:I'd be interested in having that conversation. Anyone I know?

I'll buy first round.

More in a bit,

7z7

Alright, but only if it's the good stuff.

Ryvvn, Zark's in need of ice and you're the man with the glacier. Lets make a deal happen!

----------

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 21:57:13
To: dferrantino Okaros 7-zark-7

Zark, if he is one of the others you mentioned, I might question your choice of those trustworthy.

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 00:00:12
To: dferrantino Ryvvn 7-zark-7

Ryvvn wrote:Zark, if he is one of the others you mentioned, I might question your choice of those trustworthy.

Yeesh. You order a Augie to stab a guy in the face one time (one time!) and you never get to live it down!

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 19:49:22

Subject: Want to work together ?
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 22:07:56

PJ,

This is my first quantum game, so I really don't know what's going on VS a normal game.
But I know that in PM games it's no fun if you're not getting PMs.

So I thought maybe we could figure out the quantum mechanics together. Since right now we are both wolves and human there's no reason to not to trust each other.

What do you think?

----------

Subject: Re: Want to work together ?
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 22:51:53
To: dferrantino Rictus

Rictus wrote:PJ,

This is my first quantum game, so I really don't know what's going on VS a normal game.
But I know that in PM games it's no fun if you're not getting PMs.

So I thought maybe we could figure out the quantum mechanics together. Since right now we are both wolves and human there's no reason to not to trust each other.

What do you think?

Yeah, I'm not sold on the PM thing at this point. No PMs are so much simpler.

To be honest, I've been suspecting that I may be on your list of grievances, since my being duped last game contributed to our loss. But I'm willing to exchange PMs in the interest of mutual survival.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 19:50:11

Subject: Re: First round's on me...
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 22:06:53

that PJ wrote:I haven't seen Okaros play, but if he's a good player, awesome, let's bring him on board. Actually, the fact that his name doesn't really ring any bells for me is probably a good thing.

Spidey sense tickling here. I think that PJ and Okaros might be bad in the same room. I'm going to Veto in thread, but wanted you to have extra visibility.

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 21:57:47

Subject: Re: Day 2
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 00:52:27

Woah jeez, that's a lot dead for one night. I definitely collected multiple mauls.

----------

Subject: Re: Day 2
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 01:45:00

Admetus wrote:Woah jeez, that's a lot dead for one night. I definitely collected multiple mauls.

Or, actually, I guess the super-simple math says exactly two mauls. So, more than a tickle and less than a conspiracy.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 21:58:01

Subject: Re: Let's remain ambiguous
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 00:56:10

Heh, whoops.

Have you talked to Rekard? He seems to be chatting with quite a few people.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 04:42:58

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 07:17:11

Yeah, I'm not sold on the PM thing at this point. No PMs are so much simpler.

Absolutely agree. I was hoping for no PMs because I know that there are players that are absolutely wicked at the PM game.

To be honest, I've been suspecting that I may be on your list of grievances, since my being duped last game contributed to our loss.

No you're not on the list; you lost, just like I did. I was pissed (at everything) at the end of that game, but I got over it in a couple of days.

My list is just used for day 1 stuff, when people are voting randomly anyways. Yes, Ryvvn is on the list. Not for winning, but for that BS sympathy play he used. "Gee... Rekard and Rictus are so much better than me!"

But I'm willing to exchange PMs in the interest of mutual survival.

Ok. Like I said, I'm:
(1) mainly trying to figure out the quantum mechanics. For example: Why vig on day 1? I thought about doing it myself, but then hesitated when Rekard did it. Seems like an arbitrary use of a one time power. But thinking about it, it's perfectly in line with how most vig shots resolve. "Bam! I killed a human. Well, ok!"

(2) want someone to talk to so I can feel like I'm on a secret team. Maybe your inbox is blowing up but mine isn't.

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 08:23:59
To: dferrantino Rictus

Rictus wrote:Ok. Like I said, I'm:
(1) mainly trying to figure out the quantum mechanics. For example: Why vig on day 1? I thought about doing it myself, but then hesitated when Rekard did it. Seems like an arbitrary use of a one time power. But thinking about it, it's perfectly in line with how most vig shots resolve. "Bam! I killed a human. Well, ok!"

(2) want someone to talk to so I can feel like I'm on a secret team. Maybe your inbox is blowing up but mine isn't.

I wouldn't say it's blowing up, but I definitely have more to do than I expected, as a new player. Trying to use it mainly to farm ideas on what to do, which I'm happy to pass along. I don't think anyone should be arbitrarily handicapped.

The Vig on day 1 can serve a couple purposes. It can be used to establish conflict and opposition. Rekard Vigged Zark, so they surely cannot be working together! Things like that. It also staves off making him a lynch target, because Zark will be disinclined to let a roll of the dice determine if he also dies, so he might want him to live. Granted, it's a 1-in-19 chance, but it's still a chance. It also gets worse the more time that passes. Blind resolved as not-the-vigilante, so now it's 1-in-18. Which I guess means it's safer to kill him early, which shoots part of that motivation to hell. I don't know.

But it does seem like the plan is less 'do overt things' and more 'set up situations you can nudge the results into.' Like, if you don't want to be a wolf and you see a target trending towards getting lynched, you can maul them. If they're then lynched, you can't be the (alpha) wolf, because he died via lynching! Things like that. This early, the odds are so numerous that it's just a matter of whittling them down to a place where you are either 1. a human and alive, or 2. a wolf and alive. I haven't figured out the best thing to do as a possible vigilante yet, and resolving into Seer is still weird to me (except that if your Seer visions do not reflect reality--i.e., you seered Blind on night 0 and saw a human--then you cannot be Seer, because you were wrong). I know how it works, I just don't know how or when it becomes useful. Or of a wild card that hits on your death, which doesn't help one win.

Anyway, in a team, you want to resolve together. So don't Seer your teammate to avoid their game state collapsing, and avoid mauling them for similar reasons. That's as much as I've got a hold on so far.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 06:23:52

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 08:35:35

If you're not leaking anything, he's definitely giving off the appearance that you are to Zark--which is in turn broadcast to the rest of us. It's not a direct 'He told me X' but rather a flat 'Okaros isn't trustworthy'. I could probably dig up the quote for you. In any event, it's probably nixed your coming on board with the larger group, but I wouldn't be shocked if Zark wanted to keep you and Ryvvn close and play it off as others in the group not liking the idea. Just know that they've already been talking on the side.

If you're not working with Ryvvn, he definitely just shot you in the foot, though. Either he knows/has heard something about you, or he thinks you're generally untrustworthy.

Tread carefully.

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 09:12:37

Ahhhh. Yeah, I saw that comment. I got an apology from Ryvvn this morning about it, he'd meant that as a joking reference to my semi-betrayal of him in the Star Trek game but didn't really give much context.

Ah well. It's not the end of the world. And it means I don't have to worry about juggling multiple alliances, so at least there's that. :lol:

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 06:24:30

Subject: Bright-eyed and Bushy-Tailed
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 08:50:30

Out of curiousity, did your wolf percentage go up today? I'm trying to build a theory on some tenuous information from a indeterminately-dead canary, and I'm trying to determine the targets. Basically, there may be be one or two connected groups trying to identify likely humans and get them lynched / mauled early. rekard's vig on you was part of that, in order to keep you from going after him, because he doesn't want to die in the early game and be resolved human.

If you're working with anyone, it'd be helpful to know, but I understand if you're playing a long game. And if you're in one of those groups... well, I'm screwed either way. (I got quite a bit deader last night.)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 06:25:18

Subject: That Itchy Feeling...
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 08:56:37

I'm probably being too paranoid, but given that I'm on rekard's shitlist, I don't think there's "too much" when on a team with him. :P

Anyway, do you know anything about who else rekard is working with and what his actions last night were supposed to be? All I know is that I got significantly deader last night, and I'd hate to think that we (or at least I) am being used here.

----------

Subject: Re: That Itchy Feeling...
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 09:08:17

Yeah, I'm not getting the greatest vibe from him either. HIs argument for mauling Zark feels more like an argument *against* lynching him, which would be counterproductive to our goal. Feh.

I would not trust his night action reports, and it may be a good idea to keep a close eye on what he says to us in the alliance forum. I don't know who he's working with, but I have hard time believing he's flying solo.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 06:39:15

Subject: Re: That Itchy Feeling...
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 09:36:06

Well, he did say he was trying to reach out to Admetus and Visigoth. I just wonder if he's got another group on the side.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 06:44:53

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 09:42:02

Please stop trying to kill me, silly man.

Unless you are a wolf. You wear the outfit of a bad man, so you probably are a wolf in scientist's clothing. Hrm.

(I'm convinced that there are at least two wolf pacts at play in this game. If you're not one of them, it would benefit you to try to hunt them out and force them to resolve as wolves. This is not a game for standard allegiances. And unfortunately, it's not a game you can solo. I've tried before.)

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 10:29:53

You can't fool me, Perry the Platypus! I know that you'd...attack me directly because you've escaped my trap...oh come on, how can you use my trap as an avatar and not be Perry the Platypus? You know, you could have just told me that and saved both of us a lot of time and effort.

So you're saying that if I want to do something useful, I need to hunt down and "resolve" entire packs of werewolves, whatever that means. I'm just going to go out on a limb here and say that would probably not end well for me. If you give me a week I could build a Werewolf Pack Resolve-inator. That way I can skip all of the boring parts and get straight to the part where I'm winning.

Otherwise I'm open to suggestions as long as they're suitably evil.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 07:42:39

Hellheart's Night 1 seer/maul request:

Hellheart wrote:I spy with my little eye, something that begins with the letter...B. It also involves the letters P and S.

B stands for Box!

Very good Norm, now what's inside the box.

P is inside the box! I'm good at this game!

No, Norm, there is no pee inside the box. ...Well maybe there is. It has been more than a day since I trapped Perry the Platypus. The answer I was looking for is Perry the Platypus. He is inside the box.

I understand now! Perry the Platypus is P!

No, he's a platy...you know what, this could be funny down the road. You're absolutely right Norm. Now, what does the S mean?

The B is full of S and P!

...Okay, I can see where this is going now, and I'm just going to stop you right there. I'm just going to do all of the typing from now on.

I will Seer and Maul Perry the Platypus sphenodont.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 10:31:39

Subject: Re: The Winning Team.
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 12:43:41
To: dferrantino Admetus rekard

I can agree with a non-aggression pact to start with and then we can work from there.

Return to “The Aether”