PMs

Someone opened the box. Now you're a potato.
dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: PMs

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 11:53:24

Subject: Re: Let's remain ambiguous
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 14:50:20
To: dferrantino 7-zark-7

7-zark-7 wrote:I have always been at least morally ambiguous. I see you're in the vowel train... was this the mutual non-resolution pact you had in mind?

I was a little unsure about how much the prohibition from discussing things that dferrantino mentioned applied to me, so I didn't want to confirm or deny initially. But yes. [Redacted] was explaining the benefits of not taking any resolving actions towards each other, and I decided I'd extend the offer to two other people, yourself included. At this point, the Vowel Train is just another rules discussion thread.

I guess you have your own breakfast club, though, too!

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 13:14:21

Subject: Re: Day 2 - To Catch a Wolf
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 15:58:54
To: dferrantino Admetus

Subject: Day 2 - To Catch a Wolf

Admetus wrote:I think today I'll pick Meta4. I'm guessing a Meta4 lynch might do some people a favor, and deactivate some potential Alphas.

I'm curious about the implication that Meta4 was the target of some concerted wolf action. Have you heard anything interesting?

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 16:03:10
To: sphenodont dferrantino

Purely speculation. I'm going from Quantum veteran tips that say keeping your maul and seer targets from resolving early lets you be more flexible. Which means mauling and seering people who aren't going to die in the early game.

So, since I didn't pick Meta4 for my targets, I figure lynching him might help me.

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 16:18:28

Just to keep the conversation going, do you have any other strategy tips for selecting targets, lynch or otherwise?

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 16:26:48

Admetus wrote:Purely speculation. I'm going from Quantum veteran tips that say keeping your maul and seer targets from resolving early lets you be more flexible. Which means mauling and seering people who aren't going to die in the early game.

So, since I didn't pick Meta4 for my targets, I figure lynching him might help me.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I know there are at least a couple of wolf-pact alliances out there, so I would be surprised if there weren't some sort of organized scheming on the votes. The quick not-really-bandwagons today kind of prop that up, though neckless is a curious choice.

I'm not great at quantum. I usually try to hedge my bets rather than going all-in for one team or another, and that doesn't really work. I think your strategy is sound, in that if you want to be a seer or wolf, you need to vote to lynch people you haven't targeted for either, to increase your chances of those things happening. My understanding is that seeing someone as wolf also increases your own wolf probability (a little), so if you know someone has seen a wolf, seeing that person yourself could make you wolfier (if you want to do that sort of thing).

I know that Zark has been seered as a wolf and That PJ has been seered as a human. I would guess that Zark coming up wolf might have been part of went lead to rekard's vig yesterday: rekard has sworn vengeance on zark, so zark has an interest in eliminating rekard quickly... but the pending vig makes him look for other targets. It was a brilliant little play, and I'm a bit irked I didn't think of something like that. (Of course, I don't have any lingering grudges... I got that out of my system many games ago when CAD plucked himself to death. ;) )

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 17:07:36

I follow you, but I do think it unlikely that any seer results played into rekard's vig of Zark. I would guess rekard simply hopes to get lucky. Shooting someone in a Quantum game is the ultimate low-risk high-reward way to satisfy your revenge cravings.

I wonder what coordinating votes would do at this point. In order to coordinate votes, the conspirators would have to share (and maybe unify) their night targeting as well. That's a huge amount of trust for this early in the game.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 16:44:29

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 19:28:15

My breakfast club is shy a few lucky charms from a full leprechaun (whatever that means). I mean, we talk, we have a few drinks, but before nightfall, everyone is all "welp, better get back before I'm damned for all eternity". I swear, this place evacuates faster than [REDACTED]'s mother after we [REDACTED]

And I bought her a nice seafood dinner too.

I agree with the no resolution angle. I joined a gym December 31st. Haven't been once. Curious if there's anyone else you'd avoid resolving, allowing them to keep their options open.

I'm a big fan of open options.

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 17:46:32

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 20:32:50

I agree with the no resolution angle. I joined a gym December 31st. Haven't been once. Curious if there's anyone else you'd avoid resolving, allowing them to keep their options open.

I'm a big fan of open options.

Nah, though if you have suggestions, I'd certainly listen.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 17:48:58

Subject: Re: The Winning Team.
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 20:46:26
To: dferrantino Admetus Visigoth

I think we should no j6st go with non aggression, in case other people are pursuing more active alliances. So what do you guys want to be mostly? Humans or wolves?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 19:10:51

Hellheart's Night 2 actions:

Hellheart wrote:Dear Diary: I spend the entire day trying to lure out Perry the Platypus. I walked through the entire building while loudly proclaiming my next evil scheme, I created a Self Destruct-inator, and I even randomly fired a couple of my -inators into the tri-state area. Still no sign of Perry the Platypus. I've locked away his hat so nobody steals it, and we're the only ones that know that the key is behind the false panel in the false wall behind the false statue in the false evil lair.

I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. I'm just a rival to Perry the Platypus, and that's all I'll ever be. All of my evil schemes seem hollow and petty when Perry the Platypus doesn't suddenly appear to thwart them. There's whole chapters of my life that I've never shared with anyone, but I thought maybe he could be the one to change that. It's sad to think that I'll never come to the realization that I mostly hate my brother Roger because I once ran for school president and lost to a baking soda volcano.

Rekard's reckless pointing continues to terrorize our group. I know we decided to forgive and forget, but after today's incident I can't stop thinking about that terrible accident on Day 0. The whole scene keeps replaying itself in my head: Ryvvn entering the room, rekard spinning around to point at him, and poor Ozymandias who was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. He didn't deserve to be disemboweled like that. It was senseless in every meaning of the word.

rekard has to go, even though he's far more wolf than I'll ever hope to be. I just hope that I can spot FurinMirado before he can exact revenge upon me.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 20:03:14

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 21:53:08

I'd be interested in collapsing Rekard's state (if you know what I mean) and would prefer to keep Dom unresolved... Any interest in trading favors?

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 21:58:15

Sure I can avoid DOM. I actually thought you would want to avoid lynching rekard. If he wants that vig shot to work, he needs you to stay alive past when he would die.

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 22:02:56

Understood... I'm willing to gamble that he doesn't resolve vig. I suspect he's trying to force his way wolf.

I'm more interested in a mass seering of Rekard tonight. You interested?

7z7

----------

Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 22:06:59

Sure, but isn't it already past end of day?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 25 Mar 2014, 20:03:33

Subject: Re: Bright-eyed and Bushy-Tailed
Sent: 25 Mar 2014, 22:09:31

I'm part of a small collection of like minds, & suspect you're right about Rekard's long game.

I'd be interested in collapsing Rekard's state (if you know what I mean), but not specifically tonight... I'd like to arrange a mass seering of him just to mess with his stats first.

I would prefer to keep Dom unresolved... Any interest in trading favors?

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 06:49:10

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 01:19:37

I was too late to change my orders, but I'll pass your request on to seer Rekard tonight.

----------

Subject: Lets put a couple of cards on the table...
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 08:45:00
To: dferrantino Ryvvn

So, time to see if you're willing to throw your "big lie" card away this game:

1) Are you working with Zark?
2) Are you working with rekard?

I've got a couple of irons in the proverbial fire that can be used to save you from your (very real) impending lynch, but I need to know who can be sacrificed and who I need to bring along with you. And if you're really going for an actual sacrifice play, I need to know who's "in" on it in order to maximize the results for everyone involved.

----------

Subject: Re: Why Can't I Use Emoticons in Subject Titles?!?!
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 09:33:46
To: dferrantino Hellheart

DastardlyOldMan is full of weasels.

Errr... I mean, evil.

Maybe we should let it all out of the box.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 07:33:01

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 10:29:44

Well, for what it's worth, I've heard from a couple of people independently who have seen DOM as a wolf. If you're aiming for a wolf victory, he's a strong candidate for alpha at this point, but there's not a lot of room for a wolf victory right now.

I could get behind a mass-rekard seering. Any idea on the numbers we could get behind it? I can talk to some of the other people I've been in communication with.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 07:33:15

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 10:30:09

Now that you mention it, he has been awfully quiet for a dastardly old man. And dastardly men who don't really associate with the public are definitely dang...important contributors to our society! Unless they're too old. And when I say "too old," I mean "older than I am."

He's probably talking to somebody, right? Other than himself, I mean. Like, let's say I vote for him and a huge pack of wolves comes running after me before I can finish my Wolf Pack Resolve-inator. Should I move my vote so they chase after somebody else, or am I supposed to sacrifice for some unknown cause that could mean a lot of things that have nothing to do with evil?

----------

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 10:34:41

I will be voting for DOM, but I'm going to wait a while. I've been talking to someone who I think is in DOM's alliance, so I don't want to tip my hand too soon.

I'm already significantly dead, so I don't want to push things too hard.

Out of curiousity, have you seered DOM, rekard, or Admetus?

----------

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 10:40:55

I followed rekard when I first got here. You know that shedding problem that he says is just something glandular, right before he points at you and forces you to run?

Yeah, that's really fur.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 09:10:01

Subject: {subject}
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 12:07:28
To: Aldax dferrantino Meta4

sorry, can't think of a clever subject.

You two have been the target of a couple of vote wagons so far, probably at the hands of wolves who want largely-human players dead.

I want wolf players dead. We've had a good run of it, but that alpha could drop at any second and make a lot of us dead. (I know I've fairly dead already, so I'm probably one of those goners.)

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that DOM, Zark, and MEM are in on a wolf-pact, and that DOM is their targeted Alpha. If you guys can find a reason to vote for DOM today, that would be great. I'm going to vote for him late in the evening, but if I do it too early, I might tip my hand to some of the people I'm trying to get info out of.

(I saw both of you as human, and I know that doesn't mean much in this game, but I've tried to keep both of you alive.)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 10:00:21

Subject: Re: I always enjoy a good drink or two...
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 12:55:30

Well. Generally when I introduce two parties I don't expect one of them to get huffy about *me* being there.

I take it your silence since that awkard moment means you're no longer interested in my scintillating conversation? I suppose we could resort to talking through intermediaries like bickering parents, but it seems awfully silly to resort that.

I'll offer to buy the drinks this time. And I'll even promise that it *won't* be this stuff:

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 11:05:17

Subject: Re: Lets put a couple of cards on the table...
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 14:02:24
To: dferrantino Okaros

Wasn't waiting til EoD to reply to this, just woke up recently and catching up on the morning proceedings as I prepare to head out for my evening job.

The answer to both questions is no, the only alliance I'm working with is you and Hellheart; and aside from Zark's initial attempt, no one else has PM'd me this game.

And I'm really not making any plays to my own benefit here, well, aside from just trying to stay alive (each day its own minor victory); but again, use me as helps you and Hellheart, and sacrifice me if need be. But keep me informed so I can share my seerings and fire my vig before I go down.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 11:57:49

Subject: Re: {subject}
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 14:11:02
To: dferrantino Meta4

Meta4 wrote:I'm about as certain as one possibly could be in this game that DOM is a human - for now.

Understood, and I hope you understand it when I am certain the opposite is the case. For now. ;)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 11:58:03

Subject: Re: Lets put a couple of cards on the table...
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 14:23:47
To: dferrantino Ryvvn

Okay, good. This will help things a bit.

dferr, could I talk you into setting up a subforum for just Ryvvn and myself? We're probably going to get a bit spammy talking behind Hellheart's back. :)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 12:02:04

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 15:01:20

Hellheart wrote:I followed rekard when I first got here. You know that shedding problem that he says is just something glandular, right before he points at you and forces you to run?

Yeah, that's really fur.

Interesting. That jibes with what I've heard on the grapevine. I almost wonder if he and Zark planned that Day 1 vig as a deflection?

Anyway, I might try shaking the tree a bit. If you hear that I'm trying to get you killed, I'm not. I'm just testing a theory. 8-)

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 17:34:10

Subject: Re: {subject}
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 16:04:40

Well, thanks for the confidence vote! at the moment, I can't find anything to blame DOM for, considering this game will be mostly random, but I'll see what I can do

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 17:34:36

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 16:07:48

Hi Okaros,

I have been in the details, & have not been able to get online all day. Sorry for the silence.

That's one of the things I dislike about the Big Guy - his silence. I can't say hate. Believe it or not, I'm not a hater.

I need to catch up, but rest assured, I would like to talk. And I'm sure we can come up with something better than Pop Tarts liquor.

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 17:34:58

Subject: Re: Want to work together ?
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 18:14:43
To: dferrantino That PJ

So maybe it will change, but right now I feel like we're just stuck in a day 1 loop. Nobody is really a wolf (yet) so no real value in picking through the votes for clues, or reading posts for accusations/hints/tone. And i feel like even the experienced quantum players are feeling that way. Nobody has started voting based on any real reasons.

The vibe I'm getting about the game is like the vibe from a multi-team game... Which makes sense, since that's kinda what is going on. I suspect that there are two or three ( or more !) alliances being built up that are all acting like mini-wolf teams. But the problem with those kind of games is that as long as it's not your team up for the lynch, it doesn't matter who is lynched.

I'm not interested in seeing you die, so I tried to push MEM up. Bad news is we both made it to the end of last game so people won't mind lynching us for no reason.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 17:35:15

Subject: If you do follow through with a DOM push...
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 18:25:26

(( I'm not going to cast a vote against anyone unless I have an in-character reason to do so. The best way to pull that off is to goad or trick Doofenshmirtz into it via RP. He'll take it hook, line, and sinker because - and this may come as a surprise to you - he's not very good at noticing deception and manipulation :lol: ))

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 17:35:31

Subject: Re: Want to work together ?
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 19:01:26
To: dferrantino Rictus

I appreciate the tie, though no telling if it lasts. Seems like whatever wagons start to put on speed are pushed to the top--like Day 1. Because as you said, it's mostly random except for what minimal info people can trade amongst each other. I'm in two alliances (not counting our PMs), aware of at least 3 other possible alliances, and that doesn't really account for more than half the players. So I think your assessment is spot on here. Nobody really knows what to do.

It might, once the possibilities narrow, get to a point where people start to claim they're close to certainty about themselves. I'm not far off from that, myself. But short of that, I can't really figure out how the game is played.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 18:52:06

Subject: Re: If you do follow through with a DOM push...
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 21:17:38

Not sure if that's enough of a push, but its been a busy night.

If it seems too much a throwaway, I'll move my vote to someone more meaningful, but I really think DOM's the dominant alpha right now.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 18:52:31

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 21:47:38

Is the seering going down tonight?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 20:09:55

Subject: Re: That Itchy Feeling...
Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 22:47:57

sphenodont wrote:Well, he did say he was trying to reach out to Admetus and Visigoth. I just wonder if he's got another group on the side.

Yeah, I think we can chalk up a rekard/Visi/Admetus trio as mostly confirmed now.

I think we can *also* be nearly-certain he's not being forthcoming about his actions with us. If Rictus wasn't coming through for Admetus/Visi in some fashion they wouldn't be helping him out, and "I forgot my actions" and "I had no time to do anything today" smells awfully fishy, but *is* still borderline legitimate...

My itchiness has increased significantly!

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 26 Mar 2014, 20:10:10

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 22:54:31

The offer of conversation still stands. I think you and I could have a lot to talk about once the initial pleasantries are dealt with. After all, competition is *terrible* for business.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 07:05:23

Sent: 26 Mar 2014, 23:36:40

Hi Okaros,

Zark pours two shotglasses of clear liquid out. The bottle appears ancient, and the air above the liquid waves like the horizon over the desert. There is no smell to the liquid, but it warms your hand when you raise the glass, and promises to warm you further when you drink

If you have to choose between a familiar but unpleasant situation and an unfamiliar situation, choose the familiar one because the unfamiliar situation may turn out to be worse. After all, we are talking about the devil you know. In that light, I'm focused (as usual) on Rekard.

I'd like to live just long enough to be there when they cut off Rekard's head and stick it on a pike as a warning to the next ten generations that some favors come with too high a price. I would like to look up into his lifeless eyes and wave. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Okaros?

What would you like, and how can I help you?

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 00:25:25

You certainly don't ask for small favors. And here I thought you just wanted some ice.

What you ask for could be arranged to happen. I could even let you wave just like this:

But what to ask for in exchange? Removing rekard from the board would suit my own long-term plans, but in the short-term he serves as a useful check against the power of you and your associates. With no way to ensure your future good faith, I'm afraid I would have to ask for payment up front. A equivalent lessening from your side, paid in blood.

Say, DOM's blood?

With both our hands equally stained with blood we could then embrace a proper partnership of equals, and likely go on to do great things together.

I'm confident in my ability to deliver what you've asked. But are you willing to pay what is required to have it?

----------

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 00:37:47

Hmm. You raise a good point. I would also like some ice.

You refer to the classic queen swap. A leveling of a playing field, if you will. For such an arrangement to be equitable, Rekard would have to be in your alliance.

I think it's obvious he's not in mine. Bless him. It would be a nice wave.

Rekard shot me, which is reason enough to ask for the blood price. What earned Doms ire in your house?

Here, have another drink. Waste not, want not.

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Subject: Fwd: Re: I always enjoy a good drink or two...
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 00:47:25
To: dferrantino DastardlyOldMan

Dom,

Be warned that wheels are turning against you. I would not raise in thread as I believe That PJ to be allied with Okaros.

We've been talking on tangental matters (the pop tart liquor sounded disgusting), & when I asked what it would take for him to help purge Rekard, the price he named was betraying you.

You are in my inner circle, and I have no such intent. But forewarned is forearmed. He may pursue via another angle.

Care to discuss?

more in a bit

7z7

-------- Original Message --------
Date: 27 Mar 2014, 00:37
To: dferrantino, Okaros

7-zark-7 wrote:Hmm. You raise a good point. I would also like some ice.

You refer to the classic queen swap. A leveling of a playing field, if you will. For such an arrangement to be equitable, Rekard would have to be in your alliance.

I think it's obvious he's not in mine. Bless him. It would be a nice wave.

Rekard shot me, which is reason enough to ask for the blood price. What earned Doms ire in your house?

Here, have another drink. Waste not, want not.

More in a bit,

7z7

----------

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 01:25:12

This *is* quite lovely fare to keep tongues loosened, by the way. I'd ask where you got it from, but I think it best that I don't know the answer.

As for DOM, his role in this simply what I estimate to be a sufficient cost for you. If I ask too little of you, you pay gladly and I am thus cheated. If I ask too much, how you choose to respond tells me how serious you are in your request and whether you're simply stringing me along.

But I think I have ajudged the price correctly. Your question of "why?" says as much.

Ultimately, I think we have a lot to offer each other in partnership, with a strong likelihood that we will both personally walk out of this ridiculous place smiling. That may still occur on its own in the natural order of things, but then you're not much one for letting "the natural order" decide things for you, are you?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 13:33:49

Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: I always enjoy a good drink or two...
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 11:49:31

Interesting - read this last night, haven't had time to write back.

Given my dead-i-ness, I'm guessing that whomever is behind this hasn't mauled me yet (there hasn't been the telltale increase accompanied by multiple mauls), which means that they're either lynching targets that they have not mauled (trying to push wolf), or that they'll start by mauling me (today/tonight) and then go for the lynch tomorrow (trying to push human).

Of course, the easiest thing to do is to agree to slam rekard today, and then not slam me tomorrow, but I don't think our particular bloc is that large, and I'm not playing much of the PM game at this point (as people are, I'm sure, finding out, it's hard to direct the results in quantum until closer to the end-game.

I'll make sure to get my vig off before end of tomorrow, though, and I may direct it toward sphenodont or Okaros. With no defined wolves and PMs enabled, this game's becoming much more everyone-for-himself styling, which is interesting.

----------

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 13:05:48

if you're game...

I'm going to go after Rekard today & ask Okaros to back me up. When Okaros tries to come calling for your head tomorrow, I'll vig him.

Although it may not be effective, it should answer the question about deals with the devil.

I will not vote for you

Sound reasonable?

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 13:34:14

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 13:13:52

Okaros.

Okay - I'm in. I'm going to vote for Rekard today. If your faction can assist with winning his lynch, I'll bring a similar army to Dom tomorrow.

There are those who would say this is Evil. So be it. Afterwards, we can share another drink. What do you say?

more in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 13:34:52

Subject: Visual Confirmation
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 13:25:21

For what it's worth, rekard showed no signs of genetic tampering. He seems human, through-and-through.

You may yet have reason to fear his gom jabbar.

----------

Subject: Re: Visual Confirmation
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 13:29:30

I've always wondered if he was part Bene Gesserit witch. There are those who would say I should fear his wrath... I would remind them that fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain

Should, however, he prove effective, I believe that makes him both the new Devil, and the new Bartender. So, next round's on him.

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 13:35:08

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 15:10:43

Works for me, with my only concern being that I've been seriously thinking about vigging Okaros as well - if we can cut PJ's base on that side out, that might bring him tighter to our fold.

Of course, the way things are going now, I'm going to end up being the seer. I'm 4-for-4 on human returns, although nothing confirmed just yet.

I'll wait to push onto rekard until later tonight, and then only if it's really necessary to get him lynched, just to provide some separation.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 13:35:25

Subject: I don't care, Norm. Why do these even need a subject?
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 16:07:42

(( Quick OOC clarification: "evil" has nothing to do with "wolf" - in context here, it would more properly mean "human" ))

I thought I recognized you from the cover of last month's "Greatest Evil Villians in Disguise," but then you didn't know the secret handshake or the secret password and you didn't say a word about any of my evil schemes.

I was spying on Perry the Platypus last night and he ran across another secret agent. So I said to myself: "what would another secret agent be doing here if I'm the only evil villain on board?" Perry the Platypus heard me somehow and they scurried off. It all makes sense now - if your nemesis is also here, you're not going to give up your disguise in public that easily.

I know that villains usually don't work together - separate hideouts, separate schemes, don't keep all your eggs in one basket, yadda yadda. You know how they say two heads are better than one, though, and I only have one spare head for my Advisor-inator so I was wondering if you had a spare head I could borrow. Don't worry I'll return it, although it may not be in the best condition after Perry the Platypus foils my next evil scheme.

Great disguise, by the way. I would have never guessed that you're really a penguin!

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 18:57:22

Subject: Re: Day 4 - The Folly of Man
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 21:56:22

sphenodont wrote:Subject: Day 4 - The Folly of Man

7-zark-7 wrote:It's interesting to watch, people playing games with powers they don't understand often are motivated by enlightened self interest. But it's the enlightenment that's the key.

I'm still not sure what your game is, but I'm pretty sure your cabal wants me dead. For what it is worth, I've been mostly honorable in all this, and on the very slim chance that I end up a wolf when I die, you will not be one of my mauls. I'd really rather you called off the hunt, but for the life of me, I don't really have a better alternative.

Stay on MEM. Help is on the way.

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 19:02:47

Hellheart wrote:Perry the Platypus, how unlikely to see you...and by unlikely, I mean TOTALLY LIKELY! ---click--- Why did you avoid my trap? I had a big red "X" on the ground so you knew where to stand and everything. Look, it's right over...

CLANG.

Look what you did now, Perry the Platypus. I'm caught in my own trap and the backstory for my newest evil scheme involves a projector all the way on the other side of the room. Are you even listening to---no don't touch that, you're not allowed to foil my plans before I can even tell you what they are. Perry the Platypus what are you doing, stop--no, that big red button is not the self-destruct button don't push--

click

sigh I told youuuu, in the next 10 seconds the See Into the Soul-inator will determine once and for all whether the foxy lady across the hall is interes...oh so now you're going to turn the -inator to shoot at somebody else. Very clever Perry the Platypus, but sooner or later you're going to have to let me go and get into the trap so we can do this the right way. What's come over you anyway?

Yes, I know that's your hat, I don't see what that has to do...ohhh, you're pointing to the hole in your hat. Wait, you think that hole was made by me? No, no, you have it all wrong, I swear that hole was already there! My Unlock-inator had nothing to do with...you can't just walk away like this Perry the Platypus, somebody has to let me out of this trap. Can you hear me Perry the Platypus?

NORM! Get in here and let me out of my trap! I don't even know where my -inator was pointing when it finally went...Okaros?

KABOOM!

Well, it looks like my Blow Up Anyone Trying To Steal My -Inators-inator just confirmed my suspicions about Zark.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:17:02

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 20:45:17

Did your army forget to set its alarm clock? Or are they just sleeping off the effects of too much drinking last night? You should probably stop including bottles of whiskey with every dispatch if you want them to remain sober.

If this is all you can muster how I can trust your ability to deliver on your end in the future?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:17:19

Subject: Zark's Betrayal
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 20:53:36

That guy is playing several sides, telling different people different things. Be careful, he is ditching people. I won't be back for the night.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:17:31

Subject: Changing Horses In Mid-Stream?
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 21:16:22
To: dferrantino rekard

Have you given any thought to embracing your humanity and going after the wolves at this point, or are you still wanting us to go for the long-shot wolf game?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:17:44

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 21:20:07

Ugh. rekard seems pretty resigned to his fate. I'm thinking his excuses are probably legit at this point. But the question we're left with is, do we cut him loose now or keep him alive and hope he gets unbusy for endgame?

Btw, you may be amused to know that there's at least one person out there convinced that you're the mouthpiece for an alliance of wolf hunters. :lol:

----------

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 21:21:29

Well, that's good. That's what I've been trying to portray. ;)

I'm going to vote for MEM now, but I'll probably switch to rekard at the last second if I have to.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:18:52

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 21:28:13

sphenodont wrote:I'm going to vote for MEM now, but I'll probably switch to rekard at the last second if I have to.

If it's between you and rekard, I'll snipe rekard to save you but blargh. Would really prefer someone else got traction, but with 30 minutes to go I'm not sure we'll see that happen.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:19:05

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 21:34:09

It has been an interesting day, and I've had fun watching the thread. I'm backing off of Rekard. Still interested in talking, or in sharing a drink?

I've got something specific in mind for the future, and there's always the opportunity for a few friends to join in.

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:19:19

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 21:38:27

Tsk. You make the deal then try to back out? I suppose you won't want to pay when I deliver what you requested then.

Why should I trust a future proposal from you if this is how you honor your bargains?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:19:46

Subject: Re: First round's on me...
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 21:45:58

Subject: First round's on me...
The Devil once said wrote:Based on conversations with Okaros (and Rekard's knowledge of our conversation), I suspect Okaros was trying to trend wolf. Debating about how to manage that.

I'd like to keep Sphenodont around, so thinking about MEM... thoughts?

I'm ~neutral on MEM, although his lynch would confirm (or not) a seering from my perspective, we're still a long way from resolution.

I could definitely go for Okaros.

Should I be concerned that you're wanting to keep around the guy that was plotting against me this morning?

----------

Subject: Re: First round's on me...
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 21:51:15

Actually trying to find out who's in his cabal. I'm going to hit MEM to try to save sphenodont. Interested in seeing if more pile on Rekard, which may reveal who he's with.

Care to join in? I will honor my alliance with you. Did you seer MEM as human? If so:

1) he is confirmed as such, increasing your seer odds
2) he is a wolf, in which case they're down to 2

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:20:55

Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 22:02:02

Not even the devil gets to back out of a deal with Morden.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:21:19

Subject: No hard feelings.
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 22:39:46

Sorry about making your head the price when Zark came to try and buy rekard's head. I needed something to gauge how badly he wanted rekard dead, and I was fairly sure you were working closely with him, so I thought it would be a nice blood-for-blood sort of thing. With his demise, my interest in your death is gone as well.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:21:31

Subject: Re: I don't care, Norm. Why do these even need a subject?
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 22:54:35

Hio. I've done what I can to shed wolfiness in this wolf-hostile game state. I think the next part is to find those that haven't managed to invalidate themselves for Alpha status, and lynch them. It's down to a good old-fashioned wolf hunt. If you know the name of a person like that, I will put a vote on 'em.

I'm guessing a person like that would be either part of an alliance that hasn't managed to do a coordinated maul > lynch cycle, or a lone operator. This might show if a person was defended from pressure. A person who hadn't successfully de-Alpha'd would want to avoid dying more than a person who had. For this reason, I'm suspecting the candidates opposite Zark: Sphenodont, rekard, and MEM. Any one of those could be in alliance that pushed Zark rather than letting their "teammate" resolve prematurely.

Any thoughts?

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 27 Mar 2014, 20:22:16

Subject: Re: No hard feelings.
Sent: 27 Mar 2014, 22:56:18

Meh. You're busy playing the PM game, and not playing the Wolf game -- no time for bolding a vote even though I've been PM'ing all day because OMG I have to snipe! Not my playstyle, not going to even pretend to condone it.

If you think that I'm trusting you any further than I can throw you (or that I have any desire to trust you), well, the other one's got bells on it, go pull on it instead.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 28 Mar 2014, 06:20:05

Sent: 28 Mar 2014, 00:09:11

(( Boo, there's no way I can respond to that in-character!

A few points:

1) I'm pretty sure sphendont has been trending human since the game started. He hinted that he got a bunch of maul votes over the first couple of days. He's also suggested that he's part of an alliance that is hunting wolves.

I'm pretty sure that the sphenodont votes yesterday were a follow-through to rule players out as alphas, and it could also have been to remove a potentially troublesome player from the game.

2) I know why Zark went down and the late votes on him involve neither the quantum game state nor any other player in the voting race. Even rekard had nothing to do with what happened there.

3) That said, rekard was heavily trending wolf and could easily still be a potential alpha.

4) Ryvvn and That PJ both had recent jumps in death percentages that suggest they were targeted by an alliance for a future alpha invalidation attempt. If they start getting votes, take a careful lock at who's voting for them.

No idea about MEM. I don't know anyone else who could both be trending wolf, let alone who among them hasn't been ruled out for alpha. ))

----------

Sent: 28 Mar 2014, 00:54:20

My death% has been clumpy as well: I either get no votes or multiple votes in any given night. Hunting Alphas is also self-defense, for me. Since my death% hasn't dropped (ever), I know that several potential Alphas have me on their maul list. It's not universal, though, or I'd already be dead, of course.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 28 Mar 2014, 06:20:25

Subject: You haven't had a change of heart about DOM, have you?
Sent: 28 Mar 2014, 02:57:09

(( I've been on-and-off talking to Ryvvn, and he said those snipe votes yesterday fell on Zark because he backed out of an agreement with Okaros where he would've helped them take out DOM today. There's going to be a lot of people that connect the two of us with Ryvvn and Okaros, and clearly at least one alliance wanted you dead before any of this happened.

It makes a hell of a lot of sense for the four of us to band together for at least awhile, in the interest of both self-preservation and opposing the major pro-wolf alliances. It's your call since it looks like you're in way more danger right now than I am. ))

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 28 Mar 2014, 06:20:44

Subject: Re: Changing Horses In Mid-Stream?
Sent: 28 Mar 2014, 02:59:30

I am just uber dazzled from the strip club, but maybe. Who knows. Today my wolfiness increased quite a bit. I'm still more human but less than yesterday.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 28 Mar 2014, 06:21:04

Subject: Important Information
Sent: 28 Mar 2014, 06:44:40
To: dferrantino rekard Nitestorm Hellheart

Greetings.

I am still trending towards Human and it is starting to look like I might even be the Seer. Unfortunately I must have been targeted with a maul last night because my chance of being dead has increased. It's still small, but I don't want to die without giving the following information to someone.

My targets and results:

Night 0: necklessone - Wolf (CONFIRMED)
Night 1: rekard - Human (unconfirmed)
Night 2: Hellheart - Human (unconfirmed)
Night 3: Nitestorm - Human (unconfirmed)
Night 4: DastardlyOldMan - Wolf (unconfirmed)

If I resolve as Seer then DastardlyOldMan needs to be lynched. Part of me wants to get him lynched today and roll the dice. The wise move would be to stay under the radar and let the other potential Seers try to game the system and fail.

My upcoming Seer targets:

Seer: Ryvvn --> Admetus --> sphenodont --> That PJ --> Meta4

Thoughts?

Return to “The Aether”