Fire the Guy in Marketing

Okaros, Hellheart, and Ryvvn. RIP PM box.
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Fire the Guy in Marketing

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Mar 2014, 01:52:47

May be too late on the reply at this point, unless you're still holding back on sending it, but that may be read wrong (unless I'm just tired); I'm reading it as Ryvvn said those snipe votes hit Zark because Ryvvn backed out of an agreement with Okaros where Ryvvn would've helped Okaros and Zark take out DOM today. I am getting pretty tired... maybe the original one was best(?)

Okaros usually provides better input on these matters.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 06:05:49

spheno's asking me for Ryvvn's view of things after receiving HH's PM. Hah.

Think I'll say something along the lines of:
Huh. Well now, isn't that curious.

I'll see if I can nudge some details out of Ryvvn. I think I've made some progress in talking him down from suicidal-chaos-causer and more towards long-term survival so he might be up for formalizing that a bit. Assuming the offer from Hellheart is serious we may want to take him up on it, if for no other reason than to keep a close eye on him. We'll need to be careful what information we share with him though. He's likely going to use anything we give him for his own ends when we get into late-game.

Will send that in a little while when I arrive at the office unless there's an outcry from one of you two.

Now it's about time for me to go to work. I should be able to keep tabs on things periodically, just won't be able to do much conversation outside of lunchtime.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 06:38:05

Oh, and there's the lynch threat from DOM, right on queue.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 07:06:28

(( Cool, I can back out of nudging him then. His reply was...odd, but now makes a lot more sense.

VERY interesting PM from Furin - also to rekard and Nitestorm - that said he could resolve as Seer and if he does, last night's vision (DOM = wolf) needs to be lynched.

Your PM will probably work well. I find it amusing that sphenodont doesn't trust me. *I* am not the one who was being a manipulative backstabbing dick in the last PM game the two of us were involved in, thankyouverymuch. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 07:38:35

(( Furin's very meekly wondering whether lynching DOM could prove useful, as both he and rekard have a Wolf result from him. I can't exactly jump at that, but I'll see if I can get an in-character response that suggests I might be okay with it.

I think there's a pretty good chance we can get DOM killed today if we play things right here. I panic-mauled him when Zark got lynched, so that would be immensely useful for me on that front as well.

Admetus' vote for you, Ryvvn, is almost certainly a fishing expedition to see who would be game there.

EDIT: Hey there's the PM from Admetus, right on cue! You can handle this one, Ryvvn - if you think that your tie to Okaros is as obvious as I do, you may want to point out that this whole DOM-Okaros thing might get a much higher priority and that DOM is apparently a likely wolf and possible alpha. ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 07:44:38

I don't need particularly need DOM dead except that he'll be a guaranteed vote against me any time I come up for lynch. We can work around that if a different target would be better, but if the opportunity presents itself, well...

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 07:59:09

(( I think that if we end up being integral to a group that pulls off a DOM lynch, that can only help our survival rates going forward.

That said, if a likely wolf jumps on that Ryvvn bandwagon, I am all for selling out on that bastard to resolve the alpha and get the ball rolling. I just know it's going to kill Ryvvn in the process and DOM's still going to be alive facing our weakened voting power.

If/When DOM finds out that I've been the mole, my survival rate is going to plummet. That worries me quite a bit as well. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 10:41:44

(( Furin's moving against DOM. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that rekard's on board as long as he knows his vote is going to kill DOM, but he won't show his hand until very late. Sphenodont would be all for killing DOM, but out of the four of us I have the least interest in doing so. So I can't push it with sphenodont.

If you can get spheno on board, we have 5 guaranteed votes for DOM before we even consider rekard. I'm afraid that DOM's going to consolidate and strengthen his power base if we miss this chance, and then he's only useful as a counterbalance against another wolf alliance. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 10:52:32

(( I thought this was a clever way to show interest without giving off a blurb that could get back to DOM and bite me in the ass ))

Hellheart wrote:Is this a test? Like if I say that I want to lynch the perverted old man, will I fail Evil 101 again and never be taken seriously by evil academia?

I think I'm going to take the safe route here and say "whatever you want to do is fine with me." Unless what you want to do is fail the test. Or jump off a bridge. So if you're thinking about doing one of those two things, forget about it.

FurinMirado wrote:You have no reason to trust me right now, so "no comment" is an acceptable response. I'm only looking for opinions.

BTW, I'm loving the Doofenschmirtz RP.

Hellheart wrote:(( Thanks :) And it's not so much "no comment" as "I'm afraid that commenting a certain way could significantly harm my life expectancy" ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 11:00:15

Hellheart wrote:(( Furin's moving against DOM. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that rekard's on board as long as he knows his vote is going to kill DOM, but he won't show his hand until very late. Sphenodont would be all for killing DOM, but out of the four of us I have the least interest in doing so. So I can't push it with sphenodont.

If you can get spheno on board, we have 5 guaranteed votes for DOM before we even consider rekard. I'm afraid that DOM's going to consolidate and strengthen his power base if we miss this chance, and then he's only useful as a counterbalance against another wolf alliance. ))

You haven't mentioned this to spheno at all, have you? If so I'll see if I can nudge him in DOM's direction. I'm not sure how much influence I have atm, but saving him and giving him Zark's head in the package probably earned me some trust.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 11:48:24

spheno nudge completed. He sounded receptive to the idea, though he's a little worried about possibly getting mauled by DOM if he flips Alpha post-lynch.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 11:50:54

Oh DOM... Furin's actually someone I *don't* have anything to do with. :lol: But now that he mentions it, maybe I'll reach out later this evening...

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 12:18:06

Okaros wrote:
Hellheart wrote:(( Furin's moving against DOM. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that rekard's on board as long as he knows his vote is going to kill DOM, but he won't show his hand until very late. Sphenodont would be all for killing DOM, but out of the four of us I have the least interest in doing so. So I can't push it with sphenodont.

You haven't mentioned this to spheno at all, have you? If so I'll see if I can nudge him in DOM's direction. I'm not sure how much influence I have atm, but saving him and giving him Zark's head in the package probably earned me some trust.

(( I haven't mentioned the whole Furin thing to spheno. DOM was an easy starting point because sphenodont originally messaged me about DOM possibly being an alpha, so I used that as kind of a way to link the four of us.

I've been super-careful about not letting anyone I talk to know about anyone else I talk to, other than this group of course. I don't commit strongly enough to anything outside of this group for anybody to be offended if they're like "you're talking to him and he didn't tell me anything!?"

Well, except for the whole alliance with DOM, but I'm focused so hard on making sure that's a brick wall - nobody in that alliance knows who I"m talking to and God help me if anybody outside knows I'm in that alliance. ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 14:07:57

Hellheart wrote:I'll just...go back to my room and play with my -inators...

Careful Hellheart, you'll go blind doing that. Particularly with the blind-inator!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 17:20:03

The answer to your seer question is that it's randomly determined based on the percentages that exist in the set of states where you are the resolved seer.
(I asked this back in the signup thread)

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 17:24:16

Also, do we know where Meta4's vote for DOM is coming from? I had him pegged as a likely Zark-friend.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 17:30:18

Okaros wrote:The answer to your seer question is that it's randomly determined based on the percentages that exist in the set of states where you are the resolved seer.
(I asked this back in the signup thread)

(( I figured as much. sphenodont is correct, then, in that a bunch of Wolf Seer results for a given player will reflect a higher wolf percentage from him.

Meta4's DOM vote is almost guaranteed to come from an alliance with Furin. I would not be surprised if rekard is also in that alliance. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 28 Mar 2014, 17:32:13, edited 1 time in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 17:31:46

Hrm, furin/rekard/meta4 might explain a piece of the overall political puzzle that I've been missing. Are you sure about that, or just educated speculation?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 17:36:04

Okaros wrote:Hrm, furin/rekard/meta4 might explain a piece of the overall political puzzle that I've been missing. Are you sure about that, or just educated speculation?

(( Educated speculation. Furin sent a PM to me, Nitestorm, and rekard. There's a very strong chance that at least one of us is in his alliance. Now it may just be me, but I would never PM rekard in this game about anything regarding a potential wolf. Guy's been playing it really close to the vest, he knows how to manipulate quantum, and it seemed like he'd been wolfing it up all game.

Furin had a rekard = human result to prompt the PM to him, but that doesn't mean shit and I suspect that Furin knows that doesn't mean shit. It really only makes sense if rekard is in his alliance. PM's to Nitestorm and me and virtually harmless unless we're in alliance that includes DOM and handed that PM to DOM. Which I could have easily done, but I like to think that I've hid my alliances well. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 17:50:06

(( I honestly had a short-lived impulse to read enough of the previous quantum games to know what to expect, but I shook it off. I feel like there are two ways to play quantum: you can do a lot of work to manipulate the game states so that they potentially resolve in your favor, or you can totally ignore the whole quantum part of it and simply focus on staying alive.

If I take the latter approach I may still lose via parity, but other than that it doesn't matter what my human/wolf percentages are. I still need to be lynched, mauled, or vigged to die. And keeping a strong alliance into lategame using the simple method of "hey guys, let's just stick together and try not to die" is still challenging while being far, far more straightforward.

I mean, sure I could technically end up losing if we're down to like the final 5 or 3 and you set things up so you resolve as a wolf and maul one of us for the win, but IMO that's both a wolf win AND an alliance win. ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 18:11:39

That's exactly it, Hellheart.

I didn't go super in-depth, but a moderate reading of the previous games coupled with some strategic thinking has me believing that influencing the quantum state of others prior to the resolution of the seer (or at the very least a dominant wolf or two) is almost not worth trying. Managing your own state is challenging enough, and with the seer capable of resolving at any time and blowing all of your state-manipulation games to hell I think it's much better to try and survive into end-game first, manipulate second.

DOM's pretty spot-on with his arguments about what happens when he gets lynched, I think it's just too "soon" in the game for them to have much weight with folks (he probably realizes this and is trying to buy his way out of what he feels is an impending pile-on).

Of course, I will promptly be vigged tonight as a result of his lynch, thereby rendering all of my political maneuvering moot. The RNG is a fickle mistress.

Also, I would seer-dump to you guys, but I really did seer Zark as a wolf on Night 0, so my results are useless. :)

(And a good thing for you two as well, since I seered you both and got opposite factions).

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 18:37:38

(( I actually finished my night action PM reasonably early! Those are the most difficult part for me, but I think this one worked better than the last one. Nothing's going to touch all of those posts I made when I was practically delirious from sleep deprivation. That's where all of the most inventive stuff comes from.

You're the only person I've heard give a Seer result for either of us that wasn't Human.

I'm crossing my fingers that the Vig doesn't resolve like that. It'll be very difficult to survive without you. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 28 Mar 2014, 18:39:44, edited 1 time in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 18:39:23

I'll let you two fight over who gets to be the wolf in that relationship. ;)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Mar 2014, 18:40:50

Okaros wrote:I'll let you two fight over who gets to be the wolf in that relationship. ;)

rawr ;)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 18:42:39

(( That one's easy. Ryvvn is ALWAYS a wolf :lol:

I'm interested to see how much my wolf percentage drops if DOM gets lynched. I'm hoping I don't have to vote for him - I suppose it won't matter since I think DOM has been stringing along That PJ for the entire game, but I probably can't salvage that even if I'm right about DOM's potential duplicity. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Mar 2014, 18:45:01

Hellheart wrote:(( That one's easy. Ryvvn is ALWAYS a wolf :lol:

I'm interested to see how much my wolf percentage drops if DOM gets lynched. I'm hoping I don't have to vote for him - I suppose it won't matter since I think DOM has been stringing along That PJ for the entire game, but I probably can't salvage that even if I'm right about DOM's potential duplicity. ))

Well you know I'm going to snipe him and I wouldn't expect any of the others on him to move, unless this is all a ploy and everyone's going to last minute snipe Okaros :o

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 18:47:10

:evil:

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 18:54:52

(( I'm paranoid about the Okaros snipe, so fuck it I'm voting DOM. Besides, how can I resist the chance to mention both the deadly rekard finger and DOM's deviant sexual tendencies in a single post?

...Oh man that rekard vote is going to trigger Admetus Alpha Radar so bad. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 18:59:35

(( Best thing about today is that people are going to be terrified of moving against you for quite some time if you survive, Okaros. DOM accuses you and votes for you...and then he's accused of being the alpha by two separate people and buried under a mountain of votes. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 28 Mar 2014, 19:02:27

Hmm, stigmata's now missed two votes in a row, wonder if we're gonna see a WoG?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 28 Mar 2014, 19:03:47

Ryvvn wrote:Hmm, stigmata's now missed two votes in a row, wonder if we're gonna see a WoG?

Watch him resolve as the Alpha. That would be friggin' hilarious.

Return to “The Evil Alliance”