Fire the Guy in Marketing

Okaros, Hellheart, and Ryvvn. RIP PM box.
Ryvvn
Teflon Coated
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Fire the Guy in Marketing

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Mar 2014, 10:39:36

You'd think he'd have come up with a less obvious and telling name.

Also, hope that fella in bookkeeping remembers to keep these incremental ticks off the official record. ((Hope dferr set these to not increase post count; he probably did, but he mentioned being unsure of permissions, likely because these aren't standard wolf boards.))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Re: Fire the Guy in Marketing

Postby Okaros » 24 Mar 2014, 10:46:01

Aww, I was going to go with "The Discussinator" for the thread title but you beat me to it. :lol:

Lots of good targets for the lynch so far. Going to hold off castign my vote until we've broken out of 1-vote-wagon mode I think.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 24 Mar 2014, 13:07:02

I'm voting for Perry the Platypus, and I'm mauling Perry the Platypus. I'm not sure what that whole mauling thing is about, but I enjoyed the last time I went shopping with Perry the Platypus so I figure it'd be a treat when I finally let him out of that box.

I'll probably shoot him with the Nobel-inator in case he'd foil my evil plan by winning the Nobel Prize himself but I'm not going through that whole Shrodinger's cat thing again. Mr. Fluffypants was perfectly fine until I tried that with him. I'll shoot him once he's out of the box.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 24 Mar 2014, 13:45:20

(( I propose we add Admetus to our group a couple days hence and go back to PM's to see how quickly we can get dferrantino to WoG all of us so he can actually read his inbox ))

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 13:47:10

Hellheart wrote:(( I propose we add Admetus to our group a couple days hence and go back to PM's to see how quickly we can get dferrantino to WoG all of us so he can actually read his inbox ))

WOG - Hellheart - Human.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Mar 2014, 15:53:26

I would have honestly been shocked if Rictus hadn't voted for me, hell, I'd probably be shocked to find out he's not mauling me night 1 as well if my wagon doesn't catch; and I'm sure he's primed a vig with my name on it.

Extending an invite to another, perhaps Admetus, may be beneficial if one of us (me) dies early, but you might want to hold off for now.

I received a PM from Zark last night, implying he might be inviting me to whatever group he belongs to; if I suddenly have access to two boards, I'll be filling you guys in on whatever is happening over there.

I'm also guessing, if we would like to maintain the possibility of being on the same team, that we would need to coordinate maul targets each night?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 24 Mar 2014, 16:30:23

Ryvvn wrote:I would have honestly been shocked if Rictus hadn't voted for me, hell, I'd probably be shocked to find out he's not mauling me night 1 as well if my wagon doesn't catch; and I'm sure he's primed a vig with my name on it.

Extending an invite to another, perhaps Admetus, may be beneficial if one of us (me) dies early, but you might want to hold off for now.

I received a PM from Zark last night, implying he might be inviting me to whatever group he belongs to; if I suddenly have access to two boards, I'll be filling you guys in on whatever is happening over there.

I'm also guessing, if we would like to maintain the possibility of being on the same team, that we would need to coordinate maul targets each night?

(( Zark seems to have a habit of playing nice with EVERYONE in PM games. He's usually pretty noncommittal about it, so I wouldn't actually trust him with much of anything unless you got aboard. ))

You should see the pun I just made, Perry the Platypus...oh right, the box. The self-destruct button on my Nobel-inator isn't going to push itself, you know.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 24 Mar 2014, 17:28:56

(( My Night 1 target post is cracking me up. It's so perfectly juvenile ))

I spy with my little eye, something that begins with the letter...B. It also involves the letters P and S.

B stands for Box!

Very good Norm, now what's inside the box.

P is inside the box! I'm good at this game!

No, Norm, there is no pee inside the box. ...Well maybe there is. It has been more than a day since I trapped Perry the Platypus. The answer I was looking for is Perry the Platypus. He is inside the box.

I understand now! Perry the Platypus is P!

No, he's a platy...you know what, this could be funny down the road. You're absolutely right Norm. Now, what does the S mean?

The B is full of S and P!

...Okay, I can see where this is going now, and I'm just going to stop you right there. I'm just going to do all of the typing from now on.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Mar 2014, 17:33:50

Yeah, Zark is definitely "playing nice" with a lot of people. Based on some second-hand reports, I think he's searching for people who might be allied with one another by way of extending a supposed alliance invite and then asking if they have anyone else in mind (and then not actually following-through on the invite).

Sneaky, Zark. Very sneaky.

Also, that's awful Hellheart. When you get hit by the WoGinator it's going to be fully justified. :P

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Mar 2014, 17:43:07

Well I simply replied to Zark with a general message of interest in anyone helping me out from an early death, but he has yet to respond further.

Hellheart, if I'm reading you correctly, it sounds like you are mauling Blindsniper tonight; if so, I shall put in a maul for him as well.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 24 Mar 2014, 17:44:40

Ryvvn wrote:Well I simply replied to Zark with a general message of interest in anyone helping me out from an early death, but he has yet to respond further.

Hellheart, if I'm reading you correctly, it sounds like you are mauling Blindsniper tonight; if so, I shall put in a maul for him as well.

(( s stands for "sphenodont," and he's my maul target as expressed earlier.

If I'm killing Blindsniper, it's going to be by Vig shot, on Day 1, when I'm the only Vig in the entire game. :twisted: ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Mar 2014, 18:04:00

Ryvvn, mind if I use you as bait for Zark? Going to try and talk him into a 3-way (phrasing!) with you.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Mar 2014, 18:08:16

Hellheart wrote:(( s stands for "sphenodont," and he's my maul target as expressed earlier.

Ohhh, the B stands for box(?) I was taking the three letters as a whole :oops:
Well, I haven't put in my maul yet anyway, waiting til close to EoD to make decisions, and am likely sniping the sniper anyways; can't let our last game GM die this early!

Okaros wrote:Ryvvn, mind if I use you as bait for Zark? Going to try and talk him into a 3-way (phrasing!) with you.

Go for it 8-)

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 24 Mar 2014, 18:15:28

Okaros wrote:Ryvvn, mind if I use you as bait for Zark? Going to try and talk him into a 3-way (phrasing!) with you.

(( I may have RP'd my way into his board, if he has one at all. Dferrantino hasn't given me access yet if there is one, although everyone on the board would have to agree as well IIRC.

Doofenshmirtz was way too worried that it might be some sort of cult to care about anything else, so I would have babbled it off if he had poked for who I may be talking to. He never did.

RP'ing has a lot of uses when it comes to hiding information. The ONLY place I'll use OOC statements is here, and the Doof's simplistic thought process and tendency towards distraction/absentmindedness lets me brush off virtually anything that might raise flags if I were sending messages normally. ))
Last edited by Hellheart on 24 Mar 2014, 18:22:02, edited 1 time in total.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Mar 2014, 18:20:34

Yeah. Zark's mythical uber-alliance grows with every passing report. I definitely think he's playing as many people as he can.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Mar 2014, 18:36:33

Okaros wrote:Yeah. Zark's mythical uber-alliance grows with every passing report. I definitely think he's playing as many people as he can.

Did you previously name drop me as someone you were dealing with before mentioning me to Zark? Was about to reply with a bit of indignation that you would be one of the "others" Zark previously mentioned, given your trustworthy history.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Mar 2014, 18:40:23

Ryvvn wrote:Did you previously name drop me as someone you were dealing with before mentioning me to Zark? Was about to reply with a bit of indignation that you would be one of the "others" Zark previously mentioned, given your trustworthy history.

No, I've dropped no names at all.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 24 Mar 2014, 18:44:11

Also, if you guys are looking for Blind as a maul, you may want to look elsewhere. He's leading the lynch atm, which means he'll almost certainly be at least tied in the end. So either maul someone else or throw some contingencies in there. :)

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Mar 2014, 18:49:29

Okaros wrote:Also, if you guys are looking for Blind as a maul, you may want to look elsewhere. He's leading the lynch atm, which means he'll almost certainly be at least tied in the end. So either maul someone else or throw some contingencies in there. :)

no, looks like spheno is the maul, and I'm just going to follow along to help the odds in us staying on the same side.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 24 Mar 2014, 20:46:09

Well well well, it looks like there really is a place in hell that you can visit and leave with your soul intact. You even get to sign your name into a guestbook with your own blood! I got this Lucifer bobblehead as a souvenir for Vanessa. It was that or a horse's head, not really sure what that was about.

(( Zark, That PJ, DOM. They were discussing bringing you in, Okaros, but either something you said or Ryvvn's little tidbit (maybe Zark misunderstood the reference) scared him off ))

Perry the Platypus is trying to join forces with me, like I don't already know who he is. He keeps saying he's either a human or a wolf, which obviously makes no sense at all, and I'm starting to worry that he might be going insane. Like those prisoners that they put in solitary confinement.

(( sphenodont messaged me, I sent a rebuttal because he's Perry the Platypus, but he re-stated his offer after EOD. I might extend some tentative interest. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 24 Mar 2014, 20:58:40

(( I definitely would advise against letting information slip about The Evil Alliance at this point. I suspect that almost everyone has picked out the group they'll be working with by now, and approaching anyone else with that information is far more likely to hurt us than help us. I could see Zark using a potential connection between Okaros and Ryvvn as a little tidbit for info exchange, but obviously he has no idea that I'm also a party here. ))

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 24 Mar 2014, 21:07:25

BEHOLD, my postcount incrementation test-inator!

(( Awesome, don't have to worry about posting in both boards then. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Mar 2014, 21:08:33

Hellheart wrote:BEHOLD, my postcount incrementation test-inator!

(( Awesome, don't have to worry about posting in both boards then. ))

ahh, thanks for that

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 24 Mar 2014, 21:09:36

Hellheart wrote:(( I definitely would advise against letting information slip about The Evil Alliance at this point. I suspect that almost everyone has picked out the group they'll be working with by now, and approaching anyone else with that information is far more likely to hurt us than help us. I could see Zark using a potential connection between Okaros and Ryvvn as a little tidbit for info exchange, but obviously he has no idea that I'm also a party here. ))

Yeah, I'm going to let Okaros work Zark if he wants, but with you already in, I'm just going to cease communications there and reiterate my distrust of Okaros if Zark tries to poke me further via PM

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Mar 2014, 08:28:26

(( I'm worried about how long you'll be able to keep yourself alive, Ryvvn, but I still committed to this alliance because I think it's got the best shot at late-game survival. I hope Okaros feels the same way.

Okaros is returning from an absence that is going to generate a ton of sympathy without him even doing anything, and the last time I focused on RP this heavily I managed to make it all the way to coinflipping for the win after being outed as a Sociopath with 7 other players left. I could get blindsided by somebody, but if that doesn't happen I would not be surprised if both of us are in the final 7 or so.

There's no way to quantify "I'm enjoying this player's posts way too much to kill him," but IMO it may be the strongest incentive in this game. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Mar 2014, 13:34:02

Hellheart wrote:(( I'm worried about how long you'll be able to keep yourself alive, Ryvvn))

Yeah, I've been expecting an early death for games now and somehow keep avoiding it; but it's why I'm saying use me to whatever advantage you may be able while you're able.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Mar 2014, 15:27:36

(( The funniest thing about the Aldax vote is that it's the only vote I can possibly make in-character, unless I wanted to accuse somebody else of being Perry the Platypus. It's like the whole trying to save you part was completely incidental. ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 25 Mar 2014, 18:09:19

Ugh. Guys, beware the new Diablo 3 expansion, it will eat your day.

I'm not sure my return gets me all that much goodwill. I'm certainly assuming it's a non-issue. :)

Zark has been dead silent since I introduced Ryvvn. Methinks you scared him off with that comment. :(

Trying to decide which one of the lynch victims I want dead. I'm almost tempted to vote on Ryvvn and then snipe someone else.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Mar 2014, 18:43:27

I like how the vote leaders are both already on my wagon, gives me the chance to jump on neckless if another vote comes my way without having to worry about a revenge vote; also might cause one of them to snipe change to the other anyway, in case a snipe is also coming my way... which I feel may be a Rictus in waiting.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Mar 2014, 18:55:22

Well, I'll definitely have that snipe vote for neckless primed... getting nervous with 2 outstanding votes this close to EoD, and obviously Rictus is waiting to snipe.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Mar 2014, 19:02:25

Rictus, you spelled Ryvvn wrong :?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Mar 2014, 19:08:35

Ryvvn wrote:Rictus, you spelled Ryvvn wrong :?

dives under a table

(( I submitted my night action at 10:01, hopefully that still counts. Rekard was the best maul target for an in-character post. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Mar 2014, 19:16:13

Hellheart wrote:(( I submitted my night action at 10:01, hopefully that still counts. Rekard was the best maul target for an in-character post. ))

I shall also admit that I submitted mine over 4 minutes too late :oops:

I won't make excuses, and I understand if dferr doesn't accept nightly submissions past deadline same as lynch votes.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Mar 2014, 19:22:24

Ryvvn wrote:
Hellheart wrote:(( I submitted my night action at 10:01, hopefully that still counts. Rekard was the best maul target for an in-character post. ))

I shall also admit that I submitted mine over 4 minutes too late :oops:

I won't make excuses, and I understand if dferr doesn't accept nightly submissions past deadline same as lynch votes.

Hey, better late than Nevvyr!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 25 Mar 2014, 19:26:23

Oh lord, another wolf lynched?

Expect people with high wolf percentages to start nervously eyeballing the exits.

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Mar 2014, 19:31:30

Of course in a game where that snipe will buy me zero cred, oh well, still better than being the one to accidentally kill off a human

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Mar 2014, 19:32:22

(( I'm starting to play Path of Exile again, so I know how that goes.

Sphenodont hasn't replied since I showed mild interest in a roundabout fashion last night. In the REALLY Evil Alliance, Zark mentioned offhand something about putting pressure on players and forcing them to resolve as human. What does that even mean, how do you even know in the first place unless you've already Seer'ed the guy?

...Don't worry Ryvvn, you're a master at lynching wolves through sheer blind luck when you make a super-wolfy EOD post. I'm sure this isn't going to be the last time something like that happens. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Mar 2014, 20:13:39

dferr did accept the late submission, I hope we weren't the only two that were late, otherwise some players may be miffed about that when they read this board later (probably would have been better if we hadn't said anything at all); anyway, I chose to throw a panicked maul at MEM.

Also, at what point do we begin discussing our seer results?

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Mar 2014, 20:44:46

Ryvvn wrote:dferr did accept the late submission, I hope we weren't the only two that were late, otherwise some players may be miffed about that when they read this board later (probably would have been better if we hadn't said anything at all); anyway, I chose to throw a panicked maul at MEM.

Also, at what point do we begin discussing our seer results?

(( As soon as Okaros provides documentation proving that his absence is a direct consequence of an attempt to stop the Lord of Terror instead of, say, an attempt to emulate the Lord of Deception :lol:

I think it's amusing that more than half of my posts here are OOC, while 90%+ of my posts everywhere else, along with every PM after Day 0, have been in-character. We aren't even doing any serious analysis; I think i just like having a place where I can take a break from RP and discuss the game without restrictions.

It means you guys are missing out a bit, though. I've got some great stuff in the REALLY Evil Alliance forum. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Mar 2014, 21:12:41

I look forward to reading it!

I guess I'm lucky this particular game is mostly about randomness, since I don't have much time to pay attention at the moment; started a part time evening job for the spring season, and spending a great deal of my free time working on a physical prototype version of the compromise game to bring to PAX East (hope to show you guys the card mock-ups soon, I think they look pretty slick).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 25 Mar 2014, 21:21:46

Hey now. Who's to say I'm not plotting your downfall *while* playing D3? ;)

Coordinated seering might be interesting as we get closer to actively wolf-hunting, but for now I think there's a need just yet. Perhaps at 2 wolves left, or when the human population has thinned a bit. (The idea being that 3 of us seering the same target will find high-percentage wolves by getting 3 wolf results back)

Speaking of wolves, do we want to start looking at forcing ourselves out of contention for the dominant wolf role? We could orchestrate a coordinated maul->lynch followup effort if so.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 25 Mar 2014, 21:30:20

Okaros wrote:Hey now. Who's to say I'm not plotting your downfall *while* playing D3? ;)

Coordinated seering might be interesting as we get closer to actively wolf-hunting, but for now I think there's a need just yet. Perhaps at 2 wolves left, or when the human population has thinned a bit. (The idea being that 3 of us seering the same target will find high-percentage wolves by getting 3 wolf results back)

Speaking of wolves, do we want to start looking at forcing ourselves out of contention for the dominant wolf role? We could orchestrate a coordinated maul->lynch followup effort if so.

There's no way I could ever be the dominant wolf. Just look at me, I'm like the complete opposite of what you'd look for in a dominant wolf. I can't even grow body hair!

(( Are either of you in danger of being the dominant wolf? Pushing Okaros to the human side of things would definitely be worth doing. I think it'd be hilarious if we could somehow force Ryvvn into the dominant wolf slot so he can maul the strongest players in all the other alliances for us when he inevitably goes down. ))

Ryvvn
Teflon Coated

Postby Ryvvn » 25 Mar 2014, 21:50:26

Hellheart wrote:(( Are either of you in danger of being the dominant wolf? Pushing Okaros to the human side of things would definitely be worth doing. I think it'd be hilarious if we could somehow force Ryvvn into the dominant wolf slot so he can maul the strongest players in all the other alliances for us when he inevitably goes down. ))

I'd be all for that, unfortunately I don't think that's likely.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Mar 2014, 00:10:18

(( Actually, the easiest way to do this may not even require coordination. We know Ryvvn's going to be lynched soon, but he can probably scrape by at least one more day, especially if you vote to save him. People already think you two are linked, so it's not like that's giving anything away. He's almost certain to be lynched before the dominant wolf resolves, so mauling him tonight should make you ineligible. Then we can work at pushing your percentage towards human.

I would put the Over/Under for "number of private boards that Zark has access to" at 2.5. He could theoretically be in 4 separate alliances, but I don't think he'd go that far because at some point he'd be a member of two opposing alliances, and they'd just kill him off to solve that dilemma.

If he only has 2 private boards, he's almost certainly in close PM contact with at least one additional analytical player - that could simply be DOM, who hasn't posted much of anything in the REALLY Evil Alliance forum. Zark may know more about the current game state than anyone, although I think that's heavily dependent on whomever Admetus is working with. I may eventually approach Zark if he keeps witholding information, but while I know he won't vote to kill me I can't say the same for whomever he's talking to. ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 06:07:02

I know of at least two Zark alliances besides the Really Evil Alliance that are big enough/noisy enough to have their own boards. I also know there are private conversations between Zark and various individuals both in and out of those alliances. He's working overtime on the communications front. Killing Zark would be ideal from a game-control standpoint, but we may have to just deal with the fact that he's mostly unassailable at the moment.

My lynch votes yesterday were easy revenge/throwaways. But Meta4's opening vote today is curious. I wonder what he's up to... Maybe I'll just ask?

Edit: Oh yeah, it's just plain revenge for breaking the tie against him. Derp.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 07:03:46

Hellheart, you're terrible. :P

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Mar 2014, 07:36:40

Okaros wrote:Hellheart, you're terrible. :P

(( You know you enjoyed reading it. Go ahead, nobody's going to think less of you for admitting it. It's written all over your face. ))

I mean it's literally written all over your face. "I love Doofenshmirtz" in big letters, with permanent marker. And a mustache.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Mar 2014, 07:50:48

(( sphenodont just poked me about possibly voting for DOM. Since the REALLY Evil Alliance looks like it's some sort of joke, I was pretty receptive. I Seer'ed him as human on Day 1, the same day I tried to maul him. So it might be part of a genuine play at a potential wolf.

He also inquired about rekard and Admetus. I didn't mention it to him, but Admetus has yet to send me a PM...which probably means he had some reason not to.

There's probably going to be a play at a potential wolf here if the wolf-hunting alliances think that several of the better players are more wolf than human. A Ryvvn maul is looking like a very good play tonight.

...Well, unless it would push him to 100% dead and kill him. I don't know what happens then. ))

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 26 Mar 2014, 07:59:41

I don't think a sacrifice play is strictly necessary, but we'd need a credible alternative to offer. There's a lot of (at least speculative) interest out there in using you as a maul/lynch combo for ruling people out of the alpha role, Ryvvn.

Hellheart
Post Harlot
Post Harlot

Postby Hellheart » 26 Mar 2014, 08:12:38

Okaros wrote:I don't think a sacrifice play is strictly necessary, but we'd need a credible alternative to offer. There's a lot of (at least speculative) interest out there in using you as a maul/lynch combo for ruling people out of the alpha role, Ryvvn.

(( Couldn't that plan backfire horribly if Ryvvn miraculously survives the lynch vote and ends up hitting 100% dead?

We all know he's destined to be lynched, but it's Day 3. I see what you mean by a sacrifice play now, though - if we're going to use Ryvvn, we either have to keep him alive because several potential alphas vote to maul him tonight, or we have to lynch him tomorrow so you and one or two other players at most benefit from the paradox. ))

Return to “The Evil Alliance”