You're in Zark's world now.
7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Welcome - please help yourself to... anything

Postby 7-zark-7 » 24 Mar 2014, 09:29:25

Gentlemen,

I want to thank you for joining me here in this private meeting space, and I want to establish the most important ground rule: Free Will.

Free will means anyone here is able to leave at a time and method of their choosing.

Free will means ~any~ choices, ~any~ consequences are ours.

We are not predestined. We will not be blind to the forces that would seek to control us. Nor will we bend others to our will.

There are many stories about the fall. Few consider that falling gives us the opportunity to rise again on our own terms. To eschew the randomness of a life unguided. To grasp our destiny by force, and create a world shaped after our will.

But we cannot do this alone. I would like to invite Rekard to join our little enterprise. Given his attempts to kill me, this may surprise some. But I believe I should not be the deciding factor, and I ask the group to advise. Yes or no - should Rekard join us.

I'd further ask each of you to contribute one name to propose and pursue - if the group deems appropriate, we will invite them to join us.

And we will see all of creation from the highest point, and choose the course of our future together

More in a bit,

7z7
"Zark Helmet is too awesome NOT to use!" -Smirker
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
TWG 1 Posts: 1517
TWG 2 Posts: 322
custom_title: The Meta King

Re: Welcome - please help yourself to... anything

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 24 Mar 2014, 10:01:17

Before I answer yes or no, how many are we already? I would assume that we're aiming for six, of course, but are we halfway there already or no?

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Mar 2014, 10:49:07

We are at least halfway there.

Undecided about rekard. He proved impressively duplicitous in my last incarnation with him, which I respect. But this is a very different kind of game, and I tend to defer to those with a little more perspective on the matter. Let me review some of our recent past and think about his team play.

In the same vein, Ryvvn was recently an entertaining and worthy adversary. I think you can appreciate performing that role effectively. I don't have much familiarity with the others, so it's hard to speak to their aptitudes. Thoughts?

And lastly, thanks for inviting me to the conversation. For good or ill, it's more interesting than puzzling out what's going on in the box on my own.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 24 Mar 2014, 11:35:30

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Before I answer yes or no, how many are we already? I would assume that we're aiming for six, of course, but are we halfway there already or no?

First, a toast Zark breaks the wax seal off a bottle of Bowmore, 1779. He offers it to each in turn. This bottle was hard to come by, and is not something I would share with just anyone.

Second, the numbers.

IN
7-zark-7
DOM
ThatPJ

Invited, but not yet committed
Hellheart has been invited:
Hellheart wrote:(( Will respond to this tomorrow. I don't want you to think I'm blowing you off; in-character responses just require levels of concentration that I just don't have right now. ))

Ryvnn has been invited:
Ryvvn wrote:I would certainly appreciate any welcoming arms, especially if they dangle hands, with digits attached, which may have grown healthy nails, that may perhaps scratch this unreachable itch, dead centered on my back... I feel as if it's been there at least a few weeks now.

:flail:

2nd tier under discussion
Rekard
Pending Suggestion from That PJ
Pending Suggestion from DOM

My feeling is that we'll need more people than we would keep. This forum should remain our inner circle. We can create a second forum for wider discussion. But there is something nice about a triumvirate, wouldn't you agree?

More in a bit,

7z7
"The possibility that it's Zark simply murdering someone at a whim each day... would be delightful if true, but I worry that that's too simple a solution." - Okaros

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Mar 2014, 12:27:54

Why, thank you. I don't mind if I do.

So we have the three of us--the triumvirate, as you suggested--and then 3-5 others with us in a wider alliance, depending on acceptances? Or are Ryvvn/Hellheart to join us here in the inner circle if they join?

I'd also appreciate any tips on what I can do to help us emerge as the predators or persons that we want to. I have all of history to peruse, but it's a big book. Being undefined like this is unusual for me.
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 24 Mar 2014, 12:42:08

I believe 3 is the number, and the number shall be three. Five is right out.

This is the Top of the Sixes, after all.

I do need to speak with the Master of the Game about a secondary forum, but without it feeling like a secondary forum. You know, a nice vacation forum where we can share a drink with our brethren, yet still retreat here for more private thoughts.

Incidentally, there is a reason I choose this distillery: http://www.bowmore.com/news/devils-casks/

There is a reason for everything, including why you both are partaking of the original vintage

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 13:04:35

7-zark-7 wrote:I do need to speak with the Master of the Game about a secondary forum, but without it feeling like a secondary forum. You know, a nice vacation forum where we can share a drink with our brethren, yet still retreat here for more private thoughts.

I'll create any forums requested with any members, with the following caveats:

1. Board membership is permanent. As the boards are just a means to facilitate PM conversations, noone will be removed from them until they're dead.
  2. Adding members to the board is subject to confirmation by all existing members of the board. Again, as this is akin to a PM conversation, adding a new member is just like CCing them on every PM in the chain's history.

CCing this post to the Rules thread.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 24 Mar 2014, 13:26:12

Thank you Dferr,

On that basis, I would suggest this forum remain for the triumvirate.

1) Top of the Sixes remains for DOM, That PJ and 7z7 only

2) Secondary Forum "Gentlemen's Club" hosts DOM, That PJ and 7z7, in addition to those we choose to add.

Should one of us fall (and I would encourage you to throw me under the bus should it enable the needs of the group), we can backfill from the secondary forum.

3) Second tier gets promoted into the inner circle if necessary.

Dferr, can you create the "Gentlemen's Club" forum for us? (not a vote)

More in a bit,

7z7

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 13:39:09

Should be all set.

dferrantino
Post Nympho
Post Nympho

Postby dferrantino » 24 Mar 2014, 14:10:24

Sorry gents, glitch in the matrix.

Any discussion about another board that may have been unintentionally visible is subject to WOG.

e: Unless you happen to also be in it.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 24 Mar 2014, 14:36:13

So that was odd. Kinda like the beta test of Eve. We all know about Lilith (created as Adam's equal). She was offended when he attempted to have her lie beneath him during sexual intercourse, and would not meet his request.

This was before reverse the Kama Supra, which was by far Toyota's best ride.

Lilith demanded equality with Adam, because they were created together in the image of God. When equality was refused her, she left in anger and made her home in caves on the shores of the Red Sea, taking demons as lovers. I admit, it was a crazy time, very similar to what you people call the 1960's.

Adam complained to God, who sent three angels (named Sanvi, Sansanvi, and Semangelaf) to bring her back to Eden. She refused, & eventually toured in the 90's with Alanis.

Lilith was written out of the Book along the way by one of the many, many translators.

My point, and I do have one, is that the Architect speaks if we listen. In addition to two unstable versions of the Matrix, there have been five iterations, or cycles, of the Matrix.

You've got to let it all go Neo.

In other news, Hellheart seems game to join our Gentlemen's club. Ryvvn has not been committal, & I'm curious as to your candidates.

More in a bit,

7z7

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Mar 2014, 15:44:45

7-zark-7 wrote:In other news, Hellheart seems game to join our Gentlemen's club. Ryvvn has not been committal, & I'm curious as to your candidates.

Ryvvn does tend to play coy until the last possible instant. I wonder what he's up to.

I'm having a lot of trouble on settling on someone. I just don't know many of these people. However, I've tried to narrow down my potential candidates:

1. Mister E. Meat. He seems to have a long history around here and has been in many a Quantum situation. On the one hand, that's very nice--I value experience. On the other, I'd expect someone experienced to already have their own plan in motion--like you do--and if he hasn't approached us... But whatever the case, he responded favorably to your proffered libation, so that's a plus.

2. On the other end of the spectrum, someone like Okaros, who has had less experience on which to be judged. I don't think he's been in any of the previous quantum scenarios which might make him a tough read, nor does he seem to appear regularly at all. May also make him a better voice to sway the odds; less likely to already have a plan together.

3. FurinMirado, because he has played Creator just recently himself and ran an amusing little world. Since we are operating under the assumption of success, it'd be nice to let him get some time out of the Creator role. Also, it's clear others will think this way, too. Might get him through the early stages of chaos and wanton massacres. But I have no idea how he thinks or works.

I'm interested in any insight you guys have on the above candidates. I will say that I do not favor certain candidates:

- Individuals that are too quiet to be judged. For one, it's less fun to play with silence. Two, it's harder to coordinate with them.
- Rictus. Because I think he has an axe to grind, and I suspect he wants to grind it on my face.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 24 Mar 2014, 15:54:09

Hmm... why don't we lynch or maul Rictus as our first collaboration, then? That might also tip us off to anyone who might be collaborating with him as well.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 24 Mar 2014, 15:57:26

Okaros, I like as an option. Good, strong player, but sometimes overlooked.

If Furin doesn't have at least one plot going already, I'd be very surprised.

Dare I ask - what about Nitestorm (assuming he survives the day)? No one expects Nitestorm to be part of the plotting, but he's actually quite good at it when you can get a hold of him. Granted, he might get lynched early, but that could actually be of benefit.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 24 Mar 2014, 16:42:09

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Hmm... why don't we lynch or maul Rictus as our first collaboration, then? That might also tip us off to anyone who might be collaborating with him as well.

I like Rictus for Maul. he made it to the end game before getting mauled in Nightvale, so Night 1 seems balanced. I'd have to double-check, but I don't believe he tends towards an early death regardless, which helps with steering the quantum.

DastardlyOldMan wrote:Okaros, I like as an option. Good, strong player, but sometimes overlooked.

If Furin doesn't have at least one plot going already, I'd be very surprised.

Dare I ask - what about Nitestorm (assuming he survives the day)? No one expects Nitestorm to be part of the plotting, but he's actually quite good at it when you can get a hold of him. Granted, he might get lynched early, but that could actually be of benefit.

I suspect that Furin will have some runtime as last game runner, but for the same reason think he'll have another alliance in the cards

Okaros would be good to bring into the Gentlemen's Club (second forum). I agree he's a strong player. That PJ, what are your thoughts?

More in a bit,

7z7

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Mar 2014, 16:43:39

7-zark-7 wrote:Okaros would be good to bring into the Gentlemen's Club (second forum). I agree he's a strong player. That PJ, what are your thoughts?

He's one of my candidates, so I'm for it. Bring him on board.

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 24 Mar 2014, 17:04:20

PJ, don't forget to try to post ~something regularly to the "secondary" forum, so that the people there don't suspect that they're in a secondary forum :D

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Mar 2014, 17:53:15

DastardlyOldMan wrote:PJ, don't forget to try to post ~something regularly to the "secondary" forum, so that the people there don't suspect that they're in a secondary forum :D

Yeah, I am terrible at this. :-/ Forum-based cloak and dagger is new to me.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 24 Mar 2014, 19:27:55

So, in reference to the Club, I want to make sure I have this straight:

You have an offer outstanding to Ryvvn.

Club offer is extended to Okaros.

Okaros offers to bring Ryvvn into the alliance.

Ryvvn warns you about Okaros's trustworthiness.

Is that correct? Didn't want to ask this in the club since we haven't mentioned Ryvvn's name there.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 24 Mar 2014, 20:34:38

I had a conversation (not an alliance) with Ryvvn that seemed to peter out & go nowhere. We were talking more about the on again off again shotgun game than strategy for this cycle.

Okaros mails me in response to my offer of a drink (posted in day thread). Since we were talking about him, & he's suggesting bringing a third party, I pursue it to see who it might be.

I receive Ryvvn's reply as posted.

I tend to trust my gut in this game, & timing felt a bit weird. For some reason it's setting off alarm bells, & although I don't know why that is the case, I'm listening to it.

Hoping that answers the question - I debated about pushing it here or there, but was concerned about what Dom suggested... that we needed sufficient traffic in the Gentlemen's Club to not make it seem like a sub forum. Especially if I was vetoing a potential member who was being discussed there, rather than just have his potential membership evaporate.

In the interest of full disclosure, Sphenodont reached out via BCC looking for a friend pretty early on:

Sphenodont and the blind carbon copies wrote:Why Can't I Use Emoticons in Subject Titles?!?!
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 12:17
by sphenodont
:flail:

So... I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I should, but I don't.

Would you be interested in having no idea what I'm doing in this game together? I can promise you with all certainty that I am either a human or I am a wolf.

I did a little fishing, as spheno & I are generally social, having run a game together on the old forum. The BCC had me wary thought:
7z7 response to sphenodont wrote:I'm game for some discussion and more. What did you have in mind?

I can't promise you that I am a human or a wolf, but I can promise I am interesting.

Do you have a place to talk?

More in a bit,

7z7

sphenodont wrote:Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 14:54
by sphenodont
Not sure. It's always fun to try to aim to be wolves, but I was wondering if it might be worth driving some people to wolfdom and them lynching them for a human win.

I'm sort of adrift at the moment, no place to touch down and call home. I've put out a few more feelers to see if anyone else might be interested, but so far you're the only one to reply.

Curious if either of you received his newsletter or something like it. I expressed my thoughts on Rekard, asked his preference in the lynch, & suggested MEM as one of my standby votes.
Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 15:36
by 7-zark-7
I often reply. I enjoy stimulating conversation.

Is there anyone (save yourself) you'd refrain from voting for? My normal day 1 would be for Rekard, however when he resolves, if he resolves as vigilante... well it's a bad day for me. And I had plans, big plans.

So, as far as I can see, this is the vote list:
[+] vote list
Nitestorm - 2 - FurinMirado, Okaros
DastardlyOldMan - 2 - Rekard, Necklessone
FurinMirado - 1 - stigmata
stigmata - 1 - Meta4
Meta4 - 1 - Sphenodont
7-zark-7 - 1 - DastardlyOldMan
BlindSniper83 - Mister E. Meat
(right around here, Rekard shot me in the head)
DastardlyOldMan - 1 - Rekard
Perry the Platypus sphenodont - 1 - Hellheart (WTF I don't even)
rekard - 1 - That PJ
Ryvvn - 1 - Admetus
FurinMirado - 1 - Nitestorm

I'm thinking of MEM (I often do). But should he be special to you... I'd hate to make enemies this early in the day.

More in a bit,

7z7

Re: Why Can't I Use Emoticons in Subject Titles?!?!

Sent: 24 Mar 2014, 21:35
To: dferrantino 7-zark-7
I care not for MEM, but I've been away all evening, so my voting options are limited. I went to preserve Furin, because even in this state of flux, you just cannot lynch the previous GM on Day 01.

rekard's vig is a crafty play. You don't want to kill him for fear of the vig shot, and he keeps you from killing him by that threat, giving him room to build up wolf cred.

I'm very certain that rekard is trying to play the wolf game.

Are you and DOM working together? (HH has rebuffed me, and insists on calling me a platypus.)

The "are you & DOM working together" line jumped out, & I wonder what he knows, & who he's talking to. The rekard logic is sound, and I'd like to consider him based upon his generally good will (everyone loves his lego games). Not married to the idea, of course.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got Faust on the other line, & he's upset about something. Again. I swear, I am in the details.

More in a bit,

7z7

DastardlyOldMan
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby DastardlyOldMan » 24 Mar 2014, 22:00:38

The only thing that would've had us ~linked at this point is that I moved my vote off of you, and onto blindsniper, but that was both a) defense for me personally, and b) defense for Furin, who should not be lynched yet.

Hmm... wolf #5 is down. Are we aiming to be wolves or humans or a little bit of both here? Question applies to both the main forum of us three and the subforum with whomever we invite - I think rekard's the one that I completely screwed over last quantum game, when he revealed just a bit too much information in the day thread - I'd rather not muck him over a 2nd time, or it might turn into a vendetta thing.

Also, people know I know how quantum unfolds, so I might be an early target - a little bit dead today, but otherwise, the numbers line up about even.

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 25 Mar 2014, 05:12:40

I've gotten nothing from sphenodont. I did get something after yesterday's vote from Rictus, which surprised me. It's of limited usefulness since he was our Public Enemy #1, but it's interesting. The way he tells it, he's got no alliances going on, which wouldn't surprise me. But I'm disinclined to trust anything someone says up front.

Ryvvn's making me uneasy, too. The impression I get is that he's playing the field and waiting to see how things shake out--as with his votes--and that strikes me as threatening for us. On the other hand, if we could continue to look like the best option for success, we could try to get him to land on our side. I guess? A Quantum Ally. Hilarious.

Hitting a wolf on day one is pretty long odds. I wouldn't expect the numbers to shake out that way consistently, but hey, one less wolf to pin down. I suspect the best strategy is to keep our options open until we can swing the odds the way we want them, and right now it's still a bit early to tell. Right? As you said, you know how Quantum unfolds. I sure don't. That discussion you guys had going blew my mind.

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 25 Mar 2014, 16:42:08

Quiet in here. I did hear from Admetus though on his other forum - seems to have become a rules discussion thread as much as anything else.

My seer target last night came back as Human.

Any desire to coordinate targets tonight?

More in a bit,

7z7

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 25 Mar 2014, 17:28:07

I have Seen a wolf and a human. So long odds on my prescience.

Coordinating targets makes sense, especially to avoid any friendly fire on useful contacts. Are you eyeing anybody in particular?

7-zark-7
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby 7-zark-7 » 26 Mar 2014, 16:33:19

I've asked a few people to seer Rekard last night & tonight, as I believe he's trending wolf, & I'd like to keep that from happening for personal reasons. (you know, he shot me, etc etc etc).

After a day or so of that, I'd like to lynch him, so, you know... business as usual?

More in a bit,

7z7

Return to “Top of the Sixes”