Choo choo!

And That PJ
That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore
TWG 1 Posts: 0

Re: Choo choo!

Postby That PJ » 27 Mar 2014, 13:34:44

Okaros wrote:Hummm. Looks like we get the Zark vs. rekard showdown today?

I'm kind of tempted to help nursemaid this whole showdown thing into a coinflip at the end. I'd be pretty happy with either one going under, I think.

Yeah, I'm really not sure where I lean--hence my fairly neutral vote for now. They're both stirring stuff up, but a mass seering makes rekard (statistically) likely to be a human, and I don't see much good in lynching a human. Unless either of you have conflicting intel on the matter. It would be nice to see Ryvvn on the block like we planned, but I don't think that's going to get any traction tonight.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Okaros the Exploder

Postby Okaros » 27 Mar 2014, 13:50:49

My intel points towards rekard attempting to make himself human. Not sure how successful he's been, as I wasn't part of the mass-seer and don't have info on its results.
I kind of assume Okaros is out to backstab me until proven otherwise. - DOM

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 27 Mar 2014, 18:17:44

This has been a surprisingly scatter-shot (and slow) day's worth of lynch votes so far.

Admetus, any thoughts on the rekard/Zark/someone else competition? I was hoping for two towering wagons and they've not materialized. :(

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 27 Mar 2014, 19:31:27

So Admetus, you missed, uh... a lot of sniping?

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet
custom_title: Birthday Boy

Postby Admetus » 27 Mar 2014, 19:39:37

Ya, I guess I did.

We still have the important step of lynching Ryvvn, right? Is rekard also an option for you guys? because I think it might be easier to get him lynched.

The next thing after that will be to find and lynch the Alpha-capable people. That will make the rest of this easier. Does anyone have a line on a person who has not successfully lynched one of their maul targets? We need to keep our ear out for that.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 27 Mar 2014, 20:00:30

rekard is probably an easier target than Ryvvn at the moment given lingering interest from Zark's allies, but I could go either way.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 27 Mar 2014, 21:24:10

Hellheart wrote:Ryvvn and That PJ both had recent jumps in death percentages that suggest they were targeted by an alliance for a future alpha invalidation attempt. If they start getting votes, take a careful lock at who's voting for them.

If Hellheart is watching Ryvvn and PJ, probably others are, too. Does lynching rekard help you, PJ?

That PJ
Post Whore
Post Whore

Postby That PJ » 28 Mar 2014, 06:51:52

Admetus wrote:
Hellheart wrote:Ryvvn and That PJ both had recent jumps in death percentages that suggest they were targeted by an alliance for a future alpha invalidation attempt. If they start getting votes, take a careful lock at who's voting for them.

If Hellheart is watching Ryvvn and PJ, probably others are, too. Does lynching rekard help you, PJ?

I did have a recent jump towards death, but I wonder who Hellheart heard that from. I haven't mentioned it to anyone until now.

I'm pretty solidly alpha-invalidated. Rekard would be another nail in that coffin, but I'd rather try to hit a wolf. Someone's percentages have got to be going up by now.
PJ's general resignation towards fate is good enough. -Okaros
Then he went and shot himself, saved me and got himself lynched because of it. You magnificent fool! -Mister E. Meat

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 07:00:03

I guess we're in full-on wolf hunting mode now then? Zark was my first maul target, so I'm in the clear as far as the alpha wolf goes.

(Zark , MEM, Ryvvn, and rekard have been my mauls so far)

DOM and MEM are an unfortunate but predictable backlash from the Zark faction. We might be able to ignore them and let the anger fade, but does anyone have info on how wolfy DOM might be? Could be worth removing him from the board if he's a contender there.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 28 Mar 2014, 07:44:55

That PJ wrote:I did have a recent jump towards death, but I wonder who Hellheart heard that from. I haven't mentioned it to anyone until now.

I'm pretty solidly alpha-invalidated. Rekard would be another nail in that coffin, but I'd rather try to hit a wolf. Someone's percentages have got to be going up by now.

Oh, that's interesting. Continue to not mention it, because that means Hellheart is trying to figure out who I'm talking to. Or who you're talking to if he sent out more than one feeler.

I alpha-invalidated before we started the coordination on that topic, but I didn't want to brag about it. So yes, let's hunt a wolf.

I'm going to share something that if it got back to him would bite me pretty hard, so please don't. Taking a bit of a chance. I've got a non-aggression pact with rekard that has come with a bit of coordination, but according to him, he is still not alpha-invalidated. That might be bait, because rekard is known to use a trap now and then, and he claims he missed Day 2's night actions (which could be the ones that moved him off Alpha). But what I'd like to do is vote like rekard expects (on Ryvvn, one of his mauls), and then late-switch to rekard.

I reached out to Hellheart to explain that this is an attempt to draw out the suspected alliance that needs Ryvvn dead to invalidate, and attempted to establish cover for that note in a message to rekard. This means I may be able to expect help from Hellheart and Ryvvn against rekard in addition to whoever else might be willing to vote against rekard for yesterday, as long as rekard follows through with what I would expect he needs most and votes for Ryvvn.

And now I've thrown all my marbles in with this group, because I've given you enough information to cut me off from all of my contacts. I seriously hope my trust wasn't misplaced!

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 08:58:08

If you think you can bring Hellheart along, picking off rekard at EOD could work. You, I, PJ and HH would make four, and if Ryvvn's under threat at the time he could probably be counted on to switch as well.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 28 Mar 2014, 09:25:58

Well, the idea is to not need a last minute snipe if I've built the case well enough. Rekard should volunteer to be a target by voting on Ryvvn (which he needs for invalidation), and then Hellheart+Ryvvn would switch to rekard if there was anyone on him (which maybe you or PJ could provide). It relies on Hellheart following my lead, which is a risk factor.

-edit-
I would probably move late-ish in order to avoid spooking rekard and any allies he might have, but it wouldn't be a true snipe. Just a late swap.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 09:31:54

*nod* What's the plan if rekard doesn't take the Ryvvn-bait? Someone else? I can provide some threat on Ryvvn once I get home from work.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 28 Mar 2014, 09:36:17

I would definitely not vote Ryvvn. Maybe what I wrote sounded clearer in my head, but that would make you a better target than rekard for Hellheart/Ryvvn. Here, let me copy a PM.

Admetus wrote:

Right now, since I have accomplished Mission 1, the highest priority I have is to find the Alpha. I am going to take your information and attempt to use it to flush out a wolf. You have no solid reason to trust me, I understand, but the ploy makes sense if you think about it. If there is a group that needs to invalidate, and if Ryvvn is one of their targets, he needs to be a valid candidate for the lynch, and we'll see who these players are. Ryvvn is more likely to be a viable candidate than That PJ in this game.

We can wagon a suspect on Ryvvn's train, and that is the best chance, in my opinion, of finding an Alpha candidate.

And yes, I intend to do that today. I'm not suggesting we get Ryvvn killed and revenge-lynch someone on his train. I'm suggesting this will get us an Alpha-candidate today.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 28 Mar 2014, 09:40:26

I know you might have to make some defensive noises since you're a leading candidate, but a vote on rekard would help him be a really opportune target when he does vote for Ryvvn.

And if rekard doesn't vote for Ryvvn, then I guess this whole plan to find an Alpha candidate may come up empty. If it doesn't happen today, my information for rekard will be out of date, as I don't know who he mauled Night 4.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 09:41:39

PJ might be better than I for the rekard followup vote, as I have a sort of mutual-wariness with rekard atm that I'd prefer not to strain before EOD (plus, with my voting pattern this game voting early would be a bit odd). I can probably do it if need-be, though.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 11:04:31

Hrrrm. That's a curious reveal on Furin's part. Is it bait, you think, or legitimate?
(personally leaning towards legitimate, the seer "reveal" doesn't make sense if it's baiting for the opposite).

I know of at least one other DOM-was-seered-as-a-wolf claim in my grapevine, but I'm not sure how trustworthy that is since it's a relayed report rather than direct.

Could DOM be a decent substitute for rekard today if you want to keep that relationship alive, Admetus?

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 28 Mar 2014, 12:02:35

Yeah I could live with DOM. I do want my plan to work out, but if it doesn't fly, it doesn't fly. Any switch I make will be a late-ish one.

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 12:10:24

Admetus wrote:Yeah I could live with DOM. I do want my plan to work out, but if it doesn't fly, it doesn't fly. Any switch I make will be a late-ish one.

Okay, sounds good.

I will probably vote for DOM later this evening when I'm home from work (in "self-defense" of course), and I can switch near EOD if we want to opt for rekard.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 28 Mar 2014, 12:14:34

Ryvvn sent in a message supportive of you and suggesting DOM as a target, so your relations with him are clearly going well.

Admetus
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Admetus » 28 Mar 2014, 12:20:55

I'd like to keep Ryvvn out front as a candidate to start, if you could, PJ. Probably more important than starting rekard, if THE PLAAAN is going to work. Should be safe for you because of the context of the support from Ryvvn and Hellheart (where it wouldn't be safe for Okaros to do that).

Okaros
Post Strumpet
Post Strumpet

Postby Okaros » 28 Mar 2014, 12:23:08

Admetus wrote:Ryvvn sent in a message supportive of you and suggesting DOM as a target, so your relations with him are clearly going well.

oh good, that helps a ton. Talking with Ryvvn this game has felt a little like handling a hangfired gun: I never know if/when it's going to fire, nor do I know what it will actually hit...

Return to “The Vowel Train”